Reviews of Hilton Curacao 4 stars

John F Kennedy Boulevard, 2133 Willemstad, Curaçao

#36 of 46 hotels in Willemstad

6.2

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Thanks to Nataly in house keeping, she always keep our room sparkle. Executive chef and operation Manager Amodu makes our private beach dinner amazing. My family and I cant wait to be back again.

• King Room with Ocean View

The room was horrible, the carpet was full of stains, the bathroom was disgusting and had one of the nobs for the faucet broken. The drain for the sink was not working so you would have to remove the drain sink lid for the water to go down which was kind of gross. There were random Hooks and holes in the wall. It seemed like they put a drop ceiling but never really finished doing it properly and all the hinges on the bathroom door were Rusty. There was a lighting fixture on the ceiling and one of the screws was almost completely out and there were holes in the tile by the entrance of the doorway. The door to the outside balcony had two locks which is weird and makes me think that people try to break in through your balcony. Also they charge you an extra $75 that they put on hold in case you want to use your card to pay for breakfast or drinks or anything like that which is just silly I feel like and it should just go to the room they shouldn't have to put an extra $75 on hold.

The view from the balcony was nice, the beach area was good, it was close to proximity to the downtown area and it was Central to a lot of things.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

1. The staff (some) didnt give proper advices about the things to do in Curaçao, or taxi fares. They may be more friendly. 2. We ask them to decorate our room because I was in my birthday, but they forgot it inspite of all our recommendations. 3. The fares from the hotel to the downtown are to expensive, the hotel might has a shuttle more frecuently.

• King Room with Ocean View

I didn't like that they were overcharging upon arrival but they did resolve the situation due to me having receipts available. I also think that the ac units need to be replaced.

The Hilton views and amenities were amazing. This hotel is centralized to many sites and activities. The staff are friendly and helpful. I will be back!

• King Room with Island View

Starting from the confused front desk were the staff acting as the customer and the customer are treated as staff! On my room I have found cockroaches, the roof / ceiling of the bathroom collapsed at 2:00 AM on the second day of stay... Nothing has been proposed (even change the room). The air conditioning does regulate... When you ask for support it’s always treat with slow speed... Finally at the checkout the front desk staff have lost the paperwork, And has requested to me to find the preauthorisation on my credit card.

Facilities maintenance conditions too bad for Hilton standards. Restaurant unable to fulfill guests orders. Carpets outside the rooms were very old and dirty. Executive level with no microwave to warm kids food, printer not working and food quality very low.

• King Suite with Ocean View

Executive lounge food was not great. e.g. the calamari was definitely left-overs from the day before, bacon was all fat etc.

Large room Access into sea Pools

• King Room with Ocean View

Very long wait for dinner at restaurant. I did not get room I booked and was not told, realized when I got room which took sometime to resolve Bathroom smelt like wet towels

• King Suite with Ocean View

Sofa bed was terrible, too old and thin. Food was way below average for this type of hotel and prices; breakfast, lunch and dinner; no exception. There are small broken things or lack of maintenance details all around.

Just okay for a few days in Curacao, average in general terms, nothing too bad, nothing great either. Liked that it had a bit of everything: small beach, nice pool, onsite scuba/snorkeling agency, bar, restaurant, etc. Room size and terrace were probably the best feature, and the very nice lady at the executive lounge, staff in kind in general with exceptions. Nice snorkeling for the kids.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

It was difficult to manage the payment with the staff. It felt like they were trying to authorize more money on my card than necessary. The room smelt musty and the carpet was dirty. The restaurants in the hotel had terribly slow service (took over 1.5 hours to get the food). The hotel beach was small.

The bed was clean and comfortable. We had a beach massage which was very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

-Our check-in was supposed to be at 16.00. Our room was ready two hours later. For all the trouble, the staff gave us a complimentary dinner. -The complimentary dinner was a disaster: we were seated right next to the bar with loud music and people dancing; there's nothing wrong with partying, but we were looking forward to a quiet dinner. Separating environments is important. Then our starters (carpaccio and tartar) were expired and the meal took more than an hour to be ready. -The pictures look way better than the reality. -The hotel's facilities are old; you feel like you're entering the 60s once you walk in. Some renovation would be useful. -The air conditioning in the room doesn't work well. -Don't bother with the breakfast; there are way better options in the city and at a better price.

-The location is excellent. -The staff, although unprepared at times, were polite and tried to be helpful. -The hotel has a beautiful beach within walking distance. -The New Year's dinner was very nice. -The New Year's fireworks were great. It was a nice touch! -Comfortable beds.

The keys were demagnitizing all the time, food was so-so, wait in restaurants was forever. But it was also a busiest week of the year. The hotel was clearly understaffed and overwhelmed.

Pool, diving center, a huge balcony, executive lounge with food.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The rooms are outdated, they need a renovation. There was loud music the first day we entered until 0030 am. There are long waiting times at the reception.

We liked the swimming pool and beach

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The front person tried to charge more expensive rate than I booked in Booking.com.

Staffs in the executive lounge are really friendly and helpful. The sea is full of fishes.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Oceanfront

Water was turned off 3 times first room had no water no ac a lot of problems. Key cards had to be recoded daily multiple times. The inside of the hotel was very dirty and outdated. Major upgrades needed in the building

The staff in the executive lounge was extremely nice and helpful

• King Room with Ocean View

It is very old building and the facility was very poor

We did not like anything , it was really poor and dirty the corridors was very smelly and dirty , I will never ever use hildon in my live

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The rooms are in dyer need of renovations, my walls were sweating, the room furniture & the bathroom tub were old. I wish the hotel offered a airport shuttle, its very frustrating to pay $15-$35 minimum to get anywhere around town considering the hotel isn't near shops, culture, or many people. It's definitely a hotel where you get what you pay for but it'll definitely be interesting to see how long this hotel last when the resort (former Marriott) next door is finished with rebuilding.

I stay at hotels multiple nights a week for my job. I stayed at this Hilton for leisure and I most say it isn't up to the typical Hilton standards. The only thing the resort had going for it is the location on the beach, the amenities...essentially anything out of the room. The location is a few minutes from downtown and the airport and there are many excursion offers as well as rental car offers on the property.Staff was excellent throughout stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Building requires maintenance. Room showed deferred maintenance. Air Conditioning was extremely bad, causing the air to be always damp and mouldy. Hotel did not take complaint seriously. They offered a smaller room which was not in our best interest. Quite unacceptable, but I did not want to argue during my vacation. At the end of my stay they acknowledged my complaint and offered a bottle of wine. Not a suitable compensation in my opinion.

Staff was very friendly, facilities like gym and restaurants were excellent

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

First night I couldn't sleep the molten smell was to much I got really sick. And even more I suffer of Atsma. The place has molt everywhere even pool has it and dirty. The hotel is in a really bad condition. The location is really nice but the maintenance from the place is bad. Its like a forgotten Hilton !! The beaches should be raked over and cleaned up.

After changing from Room that level was completely different it's like the cleaning woman from that upper part knows how to do her Job the molt was not so much there and everything was clean in that room. Her name is Azucena she really deserve a raise. And to teach the other ones how to do their jobs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The air con was a bit weird. The walkway round the hotel not very safe for small children. Expensive greasy food not fit for Hilton style

Breakfast great but extremely expensive.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The staff at the Hilton Curacao are exceptional and go out of their way to provide excellent customer service. They are extremely helpful and friendly and made our stay at the Hilton very enjoyable. The hotel, the beach and the surroundings were beautiful. The hotel shuttle bus was brilliant for exploring the town (Willemstad) and the hotel tour advisors were on hand to help you to book excursions and activities around the island. All in all we had a brilliant time in Curacao and would go back to the Hilton again.

• King Room with Island View

Everything from the start to the end of my stay.

The hotel staff went out of their way to serve 24/7. The beach and the surroundings are breathtaking. In general the people at Curacao are very friendly and definitely one of my top destinations to travel to.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• King Room with Ocean View

The front desk night shift staff was not very friendly and helpful. We had a problem with some noise coming from other guests and they didn't do much about it - nonetheless we got a compensation from the hotel after complaining to the customer services. In general, we missed having information about what the hotel and the town offered - like the second beach, special events and menus, fitness classes and other services offered. A tour and/or an explanation at check in would be helpful. Tips of what to do in town and where to eat would also be nice No refreshments in the mini bar (if you want something to drink you have to order and pay for room service which is VERY expensive) and it seems you get charged for any small extra item you request

Amazing private beach (but you rather have your stay during the week - too busy at weekends); free beach towels are handy

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• King Room with Island View

The beach grill was terrible. We ordered a plate of fries at 4pm, at 4:30pm having seen a lot of other food come out I asked where they were, to which we were told 'oh they are just coming'. You could then clearly see the waiter go and tell the chef to cook them, he clearly had forgotten to order them. And then when they did come at 4:55pm they bought us two plates and charged us for two plates. The staff in that bar weren't friendly at all. I then felt very judged when I didn't give a tip for waiting an hour for a plate of fries. Also the baths are the worlds smallest baths, more like a big sink! TV also didnt work but to give them credit they fixed it relatively quickly after I asked. If you are used to 4* Hiltons in Europe or the US then be warned this is not up to there standards. If this hotel was in London is would be a 2* max.

Bed was incredible. The beach and swimming pools were amazing and location is good.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• King Room with Island View

The food at the restaurant was really good. Drinks were good too. We encountered some issues but the Manager on duty- Amadou, made it all better and made sure we enjoyed the rest of our stay.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• King Suite with Ocean View

The hotel structure itself is a bit dated: hallway carpets have noticeable stains, scuff marks are everywhere along the doors and walls - place could use a major paintjob, and the rooms have a damp, musty smell. The staff was constantly cleaning, occasionally painting and doing all they could but I believe it is time for a renovation. Also, the wifi cut out when you head to the beach to lay out - and it isn't that far from the property - could use an extender.

The facility grounds are fantastic - beautiful pool, nice beach which had excellent snorkeling, two outdoor bar areas, gorgeous pool, dive shop/water sports gear on premises, walking path along the oceanfront. And the proximity to all the great bars and restaurants in Willemstad is also a huge plus. Bedding was very soft and extremely comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly, courteous and professional. Free parking also a plus.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Rooms were dated, carpet needs changing, bathroom needs a facelift and patio doors need changing (couldn't believe how rusty the door handles and others fittings were). The toilet broke and the main door to the room had to be fixed 4 times during my 6 day stay and the aircon unit was blowing out sand!

The grounds was lovely and the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• King Room with Ocean View

When we were choosing the hotel in Curacao, we went for Hilton, because we were convinced that it would bring the international Hilton standard we are used to. We saw some weird reviews, but we thought that there must be from some mean people that just focus on the negatives. When we arrived there, we were already disappointed: it took forever to check us in, the room we got first had a very strong smell and there was no water in the room. The disappointment went on when we went to the first restaurant at the bar that evening (at CaptainBligh’s bar). The breakfast at Aqua was also awful every day: with food used from one day, to another and another, croissants that had their dough still undone the first day, so it can be reused for the days to come, frozen and unfrozen fruit, meat and cheese kept non refrigerated at the outside temperature (around 30 degrees Celsius) and not properly stored, sticky pastry. The only fresh things for the breakfast were the eggs that were done on the spot, but the pots used to cook them were extremely filthy. On top, the service was very slow. We tried the other 2 restaurants that Hilton offers and they were even more horrible. The Italian – Cielo – offered us some fish that was hard to cut; you don’t need to know much about food to tell that there was something wrong with it. We sent it back and there were no apologies from the stuff; they just didn’t make us pay for it. At the other restaurant – Celeste Beach bar – we asked before seated if the fish was fresh and they have ensured us that it was. Before we ordered we also asked for a detailed explanation for each dish, to make sure we don’t have another disappointing experience, but one of the fish that we thought it would be cooked was just marinated and it tasted awful. We sent it back and had it cooked but this didn’t change much the taste. The rice that accompanied it was around 1 week old.

The room was spacious and the view was nice

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The coffee maker in the rooms need renewing. Worst coffee ever. I would also suggest supplying a hairdryer in the rooms, as well as a coffee table on the nice balkonies, together with an ash tray for outside smokers. Otherwise everything was really nice. Did not try the restaurant, the menue seemed overpriced.

Nice beach, large and spacy rooms, great staff, very clean, ample parking, nice views. Definately need a car to explore the surroundings, but they have a budget on site.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The rooms were decorated nicely but was dated a bit and had a moldy smell . I asked the reception to change my room which they immediately . The balcony doors was very heavy and hard to open . There definitely needs to be a little update but the room decor was nice .

THE BEACH WAS AMAZING!!!!!! The breakfast was also good but dispite the rooms being dated the beach front was paradise

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ocean View

The outside looked a little dated, but the inside was nice. Restaurant was little off the water but there is one close by Pirate's something that is right on the water.

Was located on a tiny little beach, which was nice to be on the water, walking distance to another little beach. In between airport and city. Coffee shop on site and workout room was nice. Sea glass found right on the beach.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The outside of the building, nice garden, landscape, nice vieuw. The room must be renovate, the furniture are outdated, bathroom door don't closed, lack frome above the next floor in the bathroom.

The vieuw and the landscape. The pool, coffeeshop and bar.

The breakfast without Salmon

The fiood

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ocean View

The first room was a smelly moldy place. Old furniture. This hotel needs renovation badly.

The coffee shop.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ocean View

Hotel is outdated Have payment extra at checking for incidentals

Rooms need updating

The staff were wonderful and very helpful.

Nice bed, nice staff, perfect outfacilities (beach & pool)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ocean View

They charged me extra...awaiting feedback

Very nice and big pool

Needed upgrade. Very old building in 2018🙄🙄

Is very clean

the room is old

breakfast was great

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Food could have been better.

Very friendly and gracious staff

Hotel facility.. old

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The worst was the delay in the delivery of the meals in de Bliss bar and Cielo restaurant .

Location Beach Staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The air conditioning didn't function properly. The room temperture was not cold at all. The iron wasn't working at all.

It has everything!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Especially the Hotel Bar is unclean. Dirty carpets everywhere.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ocean View

nothing fo be like about

nothing I like.. really out dates , old , very expensive for nithing

Excellent staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The grounds were amazing!!

Expensive

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The hotel needs improvements.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Expensive drinks and iimited menu

Perfect for relaxing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Rooms are very old, the air conditioner does not work properly, The ceiling of the bathroom was leaking.

The shower

I really like the swimmingpool

• King Room with Ocean View

Breakfast was extremely expensive. And the food at the restaurant was extremely overpriced and not the best at all. No variety for dinner at night.

People are very kind

• King Room with Island View

The food was not great... service was slow. Property just looks and feels outdated. A.c. did not work well in my room

The water view was nice

Parking was a bit far.

I loved the open lobby. It gives you a fresh feeling. The Staff was pretty kind!

Rooms need renovation

Clean and friendly personnel op

• King Room with Ocean View

Smelled of mold and mildew

The hotel was in paradise. What's not to like?

• King Room with Ocean View

The property is very very dated and needs a refit badly

The staff are freindly, polite and helpful

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Executive King Room with Ocean View

The so called sea view

Food, nice restaurants around there

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

room was old and not representative, corners of the floor were dirty and corners of the doors were not clean.

sheets were clean

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The bar area is dirty and not cleaned every day or even week :-(

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The hotel needs a renovation.

Everything else.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• King Room with Ocean View

The weather It was pretty bad at this time of the year after.

I felt at home Cosy!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Room; stafff; cleanliness; no place to sit comfortably in a common area; food;

Very marginal resort

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

someday they did not clean the room and they got very mad becaause it was requested

breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Reef right off the beach Executive lounge

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The hotel is starting to look a bit tired.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

The counter personnel, and the $600 credit card temporary charge for incidentals - outrageous! never going back

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Stupid hotel, breakfast is pure, rooms are not clean, noisy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

La playa y si staff amable!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Island View

Breakfast was awesome!great location, staff very pleasant and helpful!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016