Reviews of Chrysland Hotel 2 stars

82, Tefkrou Anthia, 5330 Ayia Napa, Cyprus

#138 of 195 hotels in Ayia Napa

5.7

Great stay at ayia napa

I liked everything basically there. Location is great and service is perfect. I kinda didn't like the breakfast there and the fact that they only serve ready made pizza in case you wish to order food from the hotel ( however u can order food from outside the hotel) but still it would have been great to have all the facilities in the hotel. Plus they don't have an elevator so in case you have too many luggage it would really be hard to carry evthg.

Everything basically I great at the hotel. The owners are so welcoming and helpful. The staff is great. The location etc..

Very nice and friendly
    • Quadruple Room

Maybe Better quality wi-fi.

The pool was always clean and the staff were always friendly. Air con was well worth the money and the apartments were a fair size for the price you pay.

The most polite staff ever

The fridge in the rooms is paying extra 2€ per day

The hotel is a little bit older, but everything in it is ok. Rooms are comfortable, clean and bright. We didn’t have view on the sea, but no one was looking in our room to. Hotel has big pool that looks better than on the pictures. Sun is extremely warm on Cyprus so my suggestion is to be in the shade at the pool between 12 and 4 o’clock. Hotel is 5 minutes walk to the Nisi beach. We have only the best words for the stuff! They are very kind and they sincerely want to help you about everything - beaches, local transport...they now everything about history and are very happy to chat with the guests. We have only the good words for this hotel. Every recommendation!

Abysmal

I booked for my family (myself, partner and two children aged 11 & 5). I was informed on booking.com that I was able to have a triple room that would comfortably accommodate everyone. Yet when I went up to the room I was surprised to see 3 single beds squeezed together and crammed into a tiny room and this was suppose to accommodate 4 people, for 2 nights in blistering heat! I went back downstairs and explained my frustration and was offered an upgrade (at a price of course) and so for an additional €44.00 I was give an ever so slightly bigger room with 4 single beds (two of which were crammed together) and for the privelage it had cost me €188.00 (total) or €94.00 per night. This is 4* hotel prices in my opinion and the value for money was simply not there. The room was crammed despite this being their “family room” and overall it was very poor. We went down to the pool where I was surprised to find that everything cost €3.00. Whether that’s a beer or a can cola! I bought a round of drinks (two of which were served in glass, not to clever when you sitting round a pool), and returned to the pool area. I placed our drinks on the table. After a couple of minutes a gust of wind took hold of one of the sun loungers mattresses which promptly smashed into our drinks. Smashing glass over the floor. I had practically cleaned up the entire mess myself before someone finally came over to sweep up the remaining bit of glass. I then enquiried about some more drinks, to be told I had to pay another €12. I’d only been there 30 minutes and already my experience had cost me an additional €68 and myself and my family had 1 drink and ever so slightly bigger room to show for it. Overall a very negative experience and this would be the last place I would stay in Ayia Napa if and when I return.

The pool area was nice.

Nice clean rooms.

Everything was good. Breakfast could be slightly better but overall was ok.

Nice clean rooms. Nice bed. Quite. Friendly staff. Not too far from the nissi beach. Goid value for money.

Very cozy and pleasant hotel with friendly staff, especially...

We saw cockroach in room :(((

Very cozy and pleasant hotel with friendly staff, especially Lucas! Very good breakfast and good location (not so far from Nissi Beach - about 15 minutes, and 40 minutes to the centre). In our room we had very big and comfortable bed for 3 person :) Every day cleaning room. With best regards, Natalia from Moscow, Russia.

No good. Do not stay there.
    • Quadruple Room

extra charge for aircondition 5 euro per day per aircon. extra charge for fridge 2 euro per day. bad plumming in bathroom. not very clean. paid for room and got charged extra after.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. The staff were lovely and location fab.

The downside to our stay was that we found a large cockroach in our room and a couple of smaller ones too. Also when we left we found droppings on the top of the unit where we saw the large cockroach. Not sure if cockroaches leave large droppings? It was close to the balcony so must have came in when we left the balcony door open. The rest of the hotel was fab and it didn't spoil our trip as cockroaches are common in Cyprus. The only other thing that i would change about this hotel would be the carpets in the rooms are very stained and look dirty. The beds were very clean and the common areas very clean too.

The staff were lovely and very helpful. The pool and bar area are fab! The location was great and the price was very reasonable too.

Quiet location (in Ayia Napa!

extra money was withdrawn from my card for airconditioner which was not requested during booking and was not used

Quiet location (in Ayia Napa!), get the car to get there though.

Good value for money staff very helpful.

As above but what do you expect for the price paid, great value

We did not have breakfast there so, can't comment although from what we saw everything looked fine, the rooms were very clean albeit dated but that didn't bother us. Taxi fare to the heart of Aia Napa 8 Euros and return at night 10 Euros the staff who were very helpful made the call and there was no charge. All in all good value for money

The breakfast was very good, and the pool was also a good...

The breakfast was very good, and the pool was also a good place to take a break and rest. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel!

Good value for a short stay
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

Even there are some shops and restaurants about 20 min from walk, the hotel is a bit far away on foot from Ayia Napa's center. However, we rented a quad and then, we had no problems to move everywhere.

The staff is really friendly and helpful. The air conditionner in the room functioned well. (We spent 4 nights there)

Everything was just perfect, as always !

Everything was just perfect, as always ! Delicious breakfast, good location, to Nissi beach about 10min. This is my fifth time in Cyprus - Ayia Napa, and third time i'm choosing this lovely and comfortable hotel. Absolutely - recommend

Cheap but not cheerful.
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

1 particular staff accosted my husband and tried to make him speak to someone random on the staffs mobile in Greek. Toilet leaked all over bathroom on first day and they refused to move our room so we had to sit for hours while they fixed it. Air con not great, bed very uncomfortable, didn't try the food as didn't look appetising.

The pool was nice, and the grapes growing around the pool were pretty. Cheap.

Short sunny vacation
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

The property doesn't change towels even if you call them. TV channels are very bad as well as the picture of TV. No wifi inside the room. The gym is very very disappointing and poor. The view of the room is really bad. Actually you don't see nothing from its terrasse.

It's near to Nissi Beach (10 minutes walking) and quiet near to center. Staff are very friendly.

A big dissapoitment, obsolete furnishing and equipments, bad...
    • Quadruple Room

A big dissapoitment, obsolete furnishing and equipments, bad smell, untidy windows and balcony, dirty beds, linen clean, however smelly. Luckily we didn't get any disease. Ants in the room, terrific refrigerator and toilet... it wasnt that cheap, price vs quality ratio is outrageous.No wifi in the room, we didnt get a proper plug outlet at first request...

Warning: Robbery in the hotel room

A general warning about this place…. The hotel is not safe. My friend and I have stayed in Chrysland hotel during 6 nights and we were robbed in the third night when we went out for a dinner. When we arrived, we called the police and they went immediately to the hotel. They analysed everything (fingerprints in the window, door and clothes) and they questioned everybody, including the hotel staff. The thieves took the laptop, gold bracelet, brand handbags, perfumes, etc. The rooms do not have a safe box and the rooms’ keys are in a wall at reception where somebody could take because it is almost empty. The owner of the hotel ignored us all the time and he was not able to apologise for the situation. We felt so impotent to solve the situation because we were far away from our country and the hotel was rejecting to find a solution. Then, we have asked for help to the Embassy, which called the hotel and the hotel had an inappropriate and rude behaviour. The Embassy has already complained and reported the situation to the Tourism of Cyprus! Worst hotel experience I have had in my life!

Brilliant stay, Great value for money and very underrated in previous reviews. Would stay again!
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

The wifi didn't reach the rooms.

The pool area was beautiful, grapevines and fresh flowers surrounds. there's also a pretty roof terrace which looks over the pool. the price was brilliant and the rooms were extremely clean. Very relaxed quiet environment run by a family who were brilliant hosts to all guests. About 7 minute walk to Main Street of restaurants and beach. Pool area cleaned 3 times a day. Continental and full English breakfasts for €6. 24 hour reception which was very useful for late check in/out. The interior is tranditional Cypriot in the bedrooms which are very spacious and contained toiletries/aircon in the price.

I dont recomend it!!!

No internet in the rooms,very small balcony you dont have where to banv your towels after beach,full of ants everywhere.on booking i buy the breakfast and when i got there they charged me on my visa card for the air condition wich is 5euro per day and no for the breakfast.poor breakfast and very late from 9 to 10am.on booking says something about babysitting service and there is no such a thing about jacuzzy there is no such a thing..honestly..i dont recommend it.exept the staff...is the worst hotel ever

The bed was very comfortable ,part of the staff especially the romanians was very friendly and helpfull the guy in the bar and the girl who cleans the room

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

A mediocre to poor experience.
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

No security surveillance, so personal belongings were not safe, and a situation like this occured in the next room in the last day. Cleanliness was poor, as every time they came late afternoon to clean the room when our daughter slept and basically only twice in one week the room was completely cleaned. When we asked for a late check-out few hours later the proposal we received was to pay an extra day, but overpriced then initial price.

The pool was very neat and clean. The bar responsible very nice person. Was very nice from the hotel's staff side to prepare a baby bed as we announced to come with an infant.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Good hotel a bit far away from the main street with restaurants.

Hello, there were 2 negative mments: 1. I booked this hotel because it was mentioned on its booking page that there was transfer from the hotel but it was not. 2. The road to the hotel from the main road was dark, so I would recomment to put the lights and for the city administration to make a nice road from the main Nissi avenue to the hotel.

The swimming pool and the room were really good.

Value for money yes ...luxury No but i'll be using again as perfect for my needs

The walk to the beach and back from night-life isn't great.. no lights so very dark and to be honest if a female or group of females id recommend a car or allow for cabs especially at night ..

Excellent value for money as long as you accept its a 2* when booking so no frills no luxury dated yes but clean and suited my needs perfectly. Very nice breakfast and the staff couldn't be faulted

Great stay, close to the beach

Had an excellent stay at Chrysland Hotel. Very close to Nissi Beach 5-10 min walking, also close to bars and shops around. Very friendly and kind staff ! Price very good, I recommend this.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

i regret to book there

1. Just when I arrived the told me they need the credit cards which they take aount already from it to charge me 1 cent to be sure I am this person what happen if I couldn't have it with me ??? 2) air conditioning per fee 3) refrigerator per fee also 4) pool wasn't so clean 5) the manager wasn't helpful unfortunately ( the worst conversation happened to me in any hotel) 6) happy hour its per fees also 7) when the checking out tike exactly you will find the door noked to leave room 8)was not near to downtown and to get there by bus is so hard , its better to stay near downtown and take bus to go in the gate of nissi beach directly 9) i am really sad to booked room there and really sad to make reference like this , that's my 1st time to do reference like this

I just like only one of staff called captain Lucas, Nice to talk with him really kind person , WiFi was fast and free

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Hotel in general was ok.
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

Wifi worked only in reception. It didn't work in the room. Also, I was very (negatively) surprised when i arrived and i was asked to show my credit card and i was charged 0.01 euro just to prove that i am the owner of the card. Showing the card is a proof already. It was quite annoying, especially that i was not informed before about their rules.

Hotel in general was ok.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Cockroaches !
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

cockroaches found in bathroom at night ! 5 more Euros to get air conditionning, seriously ? and you have to request a key to have your fridg work in your room ? old furniture, bed was not comfortable at all swimming pool is big enough, but it is not clean. And you can't go in it before 8am, or after 8pm.

Far enough from city center to be quiet, this is what we were looking for

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Good value for money.
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

Tea making facilities would have been nice.

Although the room was dated it was clean the towels were changed every day and the bed was made. For the money we paid we could not have asked for more.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The treatment of staff

Everything is old .. Over priced for the night .. Cleaning score 0 there is bugs in our room .. U have to pay for A/C u have to pay for the fridge (not cool) .. Long short story this hotel nothing like the pics

The treatment of staff Breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

All very good except WiFi does not reach the room
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

The WiFi did not reach up to the room. You have to be downstairs at the reception to get WiFi. This is the reason i gave this property a fair score on facilities.

Very clean hotel. Very friendly staff. 24 hour concierge service.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Near Nissi Beach
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

Poor Wi-Fi connection in rooms.

Friendly helpful staff. Good location 10 minute walk to Nissi Beach. Good free Wi-Fi in lobby -- could Skype back home. Quite peaceful location. Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

muy buen lugar y la limpieza tambien
    • Quadruple Room

is a little away from the city center, the wifi signal does not reach the apartments, the air conditioning available should be a service included in the price of the apartment and should not pay extra!

muy buen lugar y la limpieza tambien

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Not worth the money

The hotel Only a couple off machines and all the gym equipment was old and disfunctional There was No wifi in the rooms, have to pay for air conditioning, the shower was always cold and powerless €3 for can of coke The pool was only cleaned once a couple of days .Breakfast( the bacon and beans) was cold by the time it was served

Staff were friendlly especially Lucas

I had a great time there

The hotel and staff was amazing, when I visit Aya Napa i will choose the same hotel again

Nice hotel, friendly staff, good breakfast 👍

Nice hotel, friendly staff, good breakfast 👍

good breakfast.

staff not very polite...too high extra charges...

good breakfast.

Close to the best beaches of Cyprus
    • Quadruple Room

Family rooms are old and not cleaned well. Fridge, airconditioning are for extra price.

Close to the best beaches of Cyprus

the overall

the staff were excellent in helping with any queries

The staff.

My only issue was that the WiFi was intermittent .

The staff. The pool.

Great value for money!

The staff, the owners were very nice and caring.

Nice place

Wifi in the rooms

Nice place

Small price comparing to others
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

5 extra euros was charged for conditioning even we did not use it so we forced to spend it in bar or use conditioning.

Small price comparing to others

Very good value for money!
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

Very good value for money!!! Helpfull and friendly staff!

Climatization, pool bar, wi-fi, clean room

Old school type rooms

Climatization, pool bar, wi-fi, clean room

We need to pay for the fridge

We need to pay for the fridge

you need to pay extra for Air con (an its in terrible...
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

you need to pay extra for Air con (an its in terrible condidtion); you need to pay extra for a fridge

The price, the kind staff, the great morning breakfast

Not much to say! Everything was great for the price we paid.

The price, the kind staff, the great morning breakfast

The property is so old and not clean and dissgusting

The baddest hotel ever

The baddest hotel ever

For a quick stay it was perfect
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

Its value for money nothing glamorous

It was in the center of all fun

Nice staff, clean rooms and good breakfast.

Nice staff, clean rooms and good breakfast.

The staff

The staff

I had a very good experience

I liked the staff they were so helpful and the location that was close to nissi beach

Bad experience overall

Unprofessional behaviour. No water in the bathroom No internet in the room

The best place for a quiet and effective rest.

Old CRT TVs.

Privacy and quietness.

Nothing good to say.
    • Quadruple Room

The most dirty hotel i ever see...

Nothing good to say...

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

clean and tidy rooms

no wi-fi in rooms (pool & reception area only)

clean and tidy rooms pool and garden 10min to Nissi Beach very friendly and helpfull staff

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Close to Nissi Beach.

Close to Nissi Beach. Silent neighbourhood . Good price. Friendly and helpful staff.

Easy going hotel with very helpful staff

Rooms are quite old fashioned, although it has everything you need more or less.

Great staff. Comfortable pillows.

brilliant value for money

The porter was brilliant. so friendly. we spent many a evening chatting about Cyprus and explaining great places to visit

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Would stay here again
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

Carpets not hoovered in room, pillows a little hard

Friendly staff, quiet location, 10 mins from nissi beach, typical Cypriot decor

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Take more expensive hotel because you will pay them as micsellaneious expenses

You have to pay for every thing safebox 1€ AC 5€ Refr. 5€

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Amazing 7 days

Great location, close to nissi and great restaurants. Very clean, comfortable, homely atmosphere

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

dirty aircon

quiet area

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Awful

Bad

Very bad

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Alexis the head bar man and Cosmin from entertainment were...
    • Double Room with King Size Bed

Alexis the head bar man and Cosmin from entertainment were excellent.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

very good location, not far from main street, but not that...

the fan in the bathroom was too noisy, room, bathroom a bit old-fashioned

very good location, not far from main street, but not that noisy, very-very rich breakfast, lovely pool area, very friendly staff, free wifi

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

Old furnished but clean hotel with very friendly reception...

Only 1 outlet, no fresh juices in bar.

Old furnished but clean hotel with very friendly reception woman. Quite room, large bed, extra pillows. WiFi/AC/refrigerator are free of charge.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

Anita and all the team are very kind and helpfull.

Nissi beach and the supermarket are a little bit far from the hotel, 20 min walking.

Anita and all the team are very kind and helpfull. They let us to swim in the pool in the day of arrival and late checkout for free in the departure day. Thank's a lot for everything!

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

Almost nothing good there, just a price maybe.

Awful location to get to the beach. No normal road with leads there so it was a disaster to get there especially when it's +37c. Absolutely not welcome stuff, especially Anita I think. Besides she lied that doesn't know how to get to other cities on Cupids intended and all the time forced us to buy a tour via this hotel. Not helpful and very strange women, very low level is she. Cleaned everyday but even don't want to memorise how very old,very dirty it was with dead roaches on the floor.Shame on them to offer ppl such service. Don't recommend anybody this place, better to pay more than live in this dirty cave.

Almost nothing good there, just a price maybe. But better to pay more than to stay there.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Anita was professional and really good to us.

Price of drinks in hotel are high and you cant bring yours on pool. Bartender was complaining to us for his salary ?! Location is good if you rent motorbike or atv. Wifi is only in lobby and pool.

Anita was professional and really good to us. Air condition was fine. Nice pool. We had nice room with sea view on sunny side.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

All hotel needs renovation - it seems that has stopped in...

Terrible check-in with the night guard (he was rude). Day staff was nice.

All hotel needs renovation - it seems that has stopped in time (not in the good way). Bad quality matress. No wifi in the rooms. Location is a bit far from the beach and night life (walking).

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Its a nice place if you consider the money you pay.

It was not clean enough,bad smell, the mattresses where not comfortable and in general its an old place. The towels are very old and you can see that are been used for A LONG TIME. But of course you get what you pay for.

Its a nice place if you consider the money you pay. You get what you pay for. i will recommend it for one or two days maximum but not for holidays.

There are also 53 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.