Reviews of Estella Hotel Apartments

Christaki Kranou 3, Germasogeia, 4532 Limassol, Cyprus

#170 of 212 hotels in Limassol

6.1

4.3

A pity, Estella has potential, a gold mine in fact, owner needs to do something.
    • Studio

Claiming to be 4 star when in fact should be. Minus 1 star. Having to use kettle on floor because it didn't reach. Torn, stained, not correct size sheets. Having to share my room with cockroachs. No pressure in water, took me 30 minutes just to rinse shampoo out of hair. Dirty out dated furniture., Stained sun beds, the fat man (sorry I didn't know his name) in pool area, he was annoying,, and he should be informed some of us can understand Greek and to tone down his language, presentation, we all know it was hot, but not all of us smelled and looked sweaty all the time. Didn't like the 1970 style, of the hotel. Non staying customers using the pool area, taking beds which paying clients have first right, and spending all day there and getting away with only buying one frappe.

Irini at reception Surprisingly, the food.

Really very dirty and although I have asked several times to...
    • Studio

Really very dirty and although I have asked several times to clean the room and they were always saying yes they have never cleaned the room for all the duration of 4 days I stayed there. I will never go again to this hotel and suggest no-one also to book there!!

Was a good enough hotel just the customer service that was appalling.
    • Studio

the receptionist was very rude and unhelpful arrived early just to check in and see if i could leave my bag, looked at me as i arrived then put her head down and ignored for a minute told her i had a reservation instead of looking at me she started telling me names of other guests instead of asking me who i was after that she rudely told me i was too early and to go and have a walk about after i managed to get her attention i said i knew i was early but just wanted to drop off my bag she pointed at a bunch of seats and said leave them there and tpo come back later. I knew it was a budget hotel but did not realise you get budget customer service because of her i would not recommend.

it was a budget hotel as expected and everything was fine was in a great location for being in tourist area and not far from beach.

Nice price/value ratio almost in the center of the tourist zone
    • Studio

I saw a big cockroach in the bathroom, but staff said it was ok, and I was given no anti-insect spray or anything, so ok.

Nice price/value ratio almost in the center of the tourist zone.

Good if you are looking for something cheap and quite. Not good if you are looking for quality.
    • Studio

Grumpy and not welcoming staff (except the polite older gentleman of the late night shift), outdated bathroom, dirty room, dirty furniture.

The location, the outside space, the quietness.

Staff very friendly and my room was very comfortable- I'll definitely come back to stay again!
    • Studio

People not actually eating there!

I didn't try it as I only saw one couple eating there during my whole stay, so took that as a warning sign. Think they need to market their food in a stronger fashion if they want people to even have breakfast there- I found breakfast with a pub I knew from previous years.

Only the price
    • Studio

Staff was not friendly; LOUD noise all the time (because the road is near the hotel). Thanks god we stayed there only for one night. Wouldnt recommend this place for family holiday.

Only the price

Only if you don't want to spent a lot for the hotel

Wifi connection

I travel a lot and first time ask me to pay for the internet. It's ok i have no problem to pay but the internet was so bad (always disconnect) and i had to go to a nearest cafe to work. Stuff tried to help but it never work. Nice location, Quiet place but the second day i had a visitor, a small cockroach.

recommended!
    • Studio

The bath, too high, almost no place to put legs inside, inconvenient.

functional place, close to most thing, transportation, beach ext. Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice veranda with sea view.

• Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Unfriendly stuff( blonde lady from the morning shift is a very impolite woman). Untidy room Noisy area especially at night Everything in the room was old and TV had only russian and greek channels.

We booked at the last minute, but the price was ok.
    • Studio

If you want to meet unfriendly people on Cyprus, you should come to this place) Seems like it's the only place in this country where you can find them.

We booked at the last minute, but the price was ok.

A reasonable base for the night.
    • Studio

There is a kettle but no coffee! The hotel is very tired and shabby. There isnt anything pretty about this area.

It is cheap for the area, but that also reflects its state. The bed was comfy though! Car parking is a bonus.

perfect location, we will go back again
    • Studio

no parking in the parking lot. wifi in rooms were not free and we had to pay outside our room in the lamp shade some bees had made a nest - we forgot to tell them when we asked for ice they told us that the bar had been sold to someone else and the bar would only give ice if we bring a cup from our rooms there was no shelf of books or we did not see it

it has perfect location - was good value for the amount we paid

excellent value for a sleepover.
    • Studio

Surfaces in the room did not feel very clean.

This was ok for a sleepover - we had just one night in Limassol, checking in late and checking out early. But I am not sure we would be happy to stay there for longer.

Good apartment with kitchenette near the beach & bus stops.
    • Studio

The hotel expect payment on arrival and we weren't really informed about any breakfast or dining options.

The best thing about the apartment for us was the fridge and the kettle and crockery which were supplied and also the heating was included for Booking.com guests. The location was good for us and it is near Dasoudi beach and the excellent Sigma Bakery!

Catastrophic
    • Studio

Nothing working, and personal have the some answers " is like that in this hotel" for that money I find better room and also at tourist area . I don't understand why owner can't fix all. TV not working, AC not working well, I older studio because I want cook and they give me "normal" room and just excuse. Just one thinks the lady with is working at afternoon she try help. The morning reception is so arrogant and if you ask her to fix is not working. There have big group from Finland and if you like to watch tv at bar (sport) forget .... that people is so loud. ( start singing ) . So pleas if you want nice holiday not that hotel. For that price you can find BETTER HOTEL 45€ for that lol

Localita

Bus stop is near.
    • Studio

The room looks so old. The recepionist was very rude at the moment we arrived. They make you pay for everything. It is not a recommanded place.

Bus stop is near.

Satisfactory, a good stay.
    • Promo Studio

It's all fine a bit dated, needs to be decorated

It was near to the bus stop into town.it was clean and great value for a 3 star hotel. Staff very friendly rooms good in Size and has all the amenities. With pool.

Not recommended
    • Studio

The level of cleanliness, hotel is really worn out, location is a bit far from the main area in Limassol.

The receptionist helped us with some good tips about the town

very good value for money did what it said on the tin
    • Promo Studio

The room was basic old TVs and bedding . some lights did not work in our room, no coffee or tea. The bathroom floor was wet from the condition .

Saff was nice, the bar and the eating areas, the pool was good gardens etc

HOTEL IS OLD & NEEDS SOME RENOVATIONS-- LOCATION OF THE...
    • Studio

HOTEL IS OLD & NEEDS SOME RENOVATIONS-- LOCATION OF THE HOTEL IS EXCELLENT.-LOTS OF RESTAURANTS NEARBY,CLOSE TO THE BEACH & SHORT DISTANCE FROM DOWNTOWN. GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY. - LARGE BALCONY FOR DRINKS & SNACKS.- GOOD PARKING. - FREE WIFI IN THE LOBBY ONLY.- FRIENDLY PETS IN THE LOBBY (CATS) OFFER A HOME ATMOSPHERE-- NICE GARDEN & SWIMMING POOL. ---- WE WILL RETURN IN THIS HOTEL FOR SURE

Far from the city center and very smelly
    • Promo Studio

The smell of sewage was coming out of the toilet into the room. The building is very old and the smell of the food they make in the kitchen spread over the whole building. The area is mainly Russian and 40 min walking to the marina and old town. If you are not russian, the staff doesnt pay attention to you sadly.

the balcony

Budget stay

I needs re-innovation.

Location was good also parking was available behind the hotel. Staff were friendly and polite. On Wednesday night it was even a karaoke event with a lot of people singing and drinking. There was a swimming pool but i didnt try because i had to go to work. I would call it budget hotel with good location if you have a car. If I didnt have a car I would prefer city center.

My overall stay was relaxed, homely and enjoyable.
    • Promo Studio

I certainly didn’t like insects in my room.

I didn’t have breakfast in the hotel restaurant as I had tea making facilities and a fridge in my room. The beds were clean and comfortable. The cleaning was acceptable. My only problem was some insect infestation of which I’m obsessively phobic. I was transferred to another room. The reception staff and room cleaners were pleasant, communicative and polite.

The room price was good enough for the location and room...
    • Promo Studio

Rooms were old looking. Sound proofing was not very good. Beach was not very close but then for the room price as compared to other beach hotels, it makes sense :)

The room price was good enough for the location and room type. There are bus stops near by, and a frequent bus service ṭo city center. Good enough markets to buy groceries. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were cleaned everyday. Place was safe and there was a reception round the clock.

Staff not very polite, passive aggresive.
    • Studio

Staff not very polite, passive aggresive. You do not get value for the money, extra charges for ac etc. Room seems okey, until we realised the insects, and even cockroach in our room! Considering this we would not make another booking there again.

Staff excellent,position good for buses ,beach etc Bakery...
    • Studio

Whole of hotel tired needs money spending on pool area,maybe microwave in apartment and toaster,only 2 electric rings for cooking .We felt coffees and drinks in hotel expensive if cheaper more people would use the restaurant

Staff excellent,position good for buses ,beach etc Bakery next door wonderful.

It was okay...
    • Studio

The rooms weren't that clean, and we had a lot of coackroaches in our room!! There was one medium size pool which was also dirty full of bugs! It didn't open at time, 2 hours late and even though someone was cleaning it, it was still dirty.

The bed was big. The location was good, not close to marina but still everything was near.

You get what you pay for
    • Studio

The hotel is an old building that is in desperate need of refurbishing.

The location is reasonable as the beach nearby is nice and even though it is an hour walk (5km) from the center of Limassol, most of the hotels in this city are away from the center.

Quite good hotel
    • Studio

Quite noisy(near main coastal road).They don't trust you with a room tab!(like most other hotels do)Minor point,but annoying I think.

Good Location.Good swimming pool

Warm and Friendly but badly in need of Renovation
    • Studio

Lucy and her husband have only been running the property for 3 weeks and I am sure that they have plans to improve the Estella. The reception area is fine but just about everywhere else is in need of drastic renovation particular the guest rooms which if they are all like ours was, are battle weary and although the cleanliness was acceptable, the extent of the scaring, bumps and scrapes to the walls, fittings and furniture is not acceptable. Serious renovation is long overdue.

Lucy, her husband and staff, especially Irini were, warm, welcoming and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was very good and at a reasonable price. Close to the beach, restaurants and bars.

We had a very Happy time at the Estella Apartment Hotel
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

For the price we paid did not expect the Ritz. As I said previously any thing that we needed improved was speedily sorted..

Wonderful friendly helpful staff. Any problems were dealt with swiftly . We were very happy in a value for money property for 3 weeks. We moved around a lot and only needed a clean place to sleep/ shower etc.. Will certainly stay there again. Why pay for a stuffy 5* when we enjoyed our cheerful place of choice. Left us plenty of spending cash for our enjoyment.

Very good location but next time in Limassol will go somewhere else

The hotel is quite old and shabby, it really needs a renovation. If you are afraid of cockroaches I recommend you choose another hotel :) Also if you are allergic to cats, Estella is not a place for you. There are cats in the hotel and they are allowed use the lift to go up and down. The cats are friendly though and our kids loved them :)

The location of the hotel is very good, the Dasoudi beach is close which is very nice with the little kids. There is also a parking lot next to the hotel, it is a bit small but there was always enough space for our rental car. The pool are is also good and the staff was mainly very friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Mrs. Vicky, the one that cleaned our room - the best!
    • Studio (3 Adults)

We didn't have kitchenette in the room as described, just 2 tea cups + 2 glasses, one electric water boiler and one mini fridge. The hotel is nice, but not renovated recently, bathtub quite used.

Mrs. Vicky, the one that cleaned our room - the best! The staff is very helpful, very nice. The pool bar is opened daily, we had delicious Hallumy sandwiches here! Swimming pool ok, especially for kids.

An OK place
    • Studio

It looks slightly better in pics. It's far from Limassol downtown, you need car, you can't walk. Wifi only works for free in the lobby

OK staff. Clean but very old. Bed was comfy.

Cheap and Cheerful

The room had 3 beds but only 2 cups and 1 fork and no cereal bowl, had to use a pan The stepped shower tray is an accident waiting to happen 30 Euros for a late check out :-(

Great location close to many bars and restaurants Pool is good Rooms clean and tidy Staff pleasant and helpful

Good as a base area. Wouldnt come again for holiday.
    • Studio

There was no masseuse/beauty therapist available for our whole stay even though we were not told this upon emailing before our trip to book a massage. The chef/barmaid was very unaccommodating. We couldn't even get breakfast as she said she would 'let us know' if she could make it as she couldn't be bothered and when we left to go elsewhere she was mad at us. It made us feel really uncomfortable so we didn't eat at the hotel or use the bar in the hotel again.

Pool area was nice and the reception staff always friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located not far from the beach, but we also...
    • Studio

The room was quite dated and the bathroom quite small but still absolutely fine for a few days.

The hotel is located not far from the beach, but we also enjoyed the hotel pool. The staff were nice and gave us the access to WiFi in the room free of charge.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Personal was friendly and responsive
    • Studio

My room was really thread, it is not look like in the pictures. They didn't do renovation for ages, I think more then 10 years ago

Personal was friendly and responsive

Tatty unclean old , but no bedbugs
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room was clean but the furniture was falling apart eg wardrobe doors had handles missing and would not shut. The wiring was taped together for the ancient TV set. The hallways and staircases were filthy black and grimy at the sides and corners

Convenient location,cheap for Limassol

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Average but ok for 1 night
    • Promo Studio

You have to pay extra for wifi in your room and TV didn't work. The shower is very small. There is no toiletries beside one does it all soap gel. You have to pay 10euros to access the sauna...

Good location next to the beach and fair quality price ratio. Overall the hotel is a bit dated. Excellent bakery walking distance.

Photos are very different from reality
    • Studio

Very dirty hotel room, dirty panels, door handles dirty, dirty wardrobe, cramped, TV broken, horrible smell throughout the hotel, Terrible breakfast. Photos are very different from reality

three

OK, miles away from the centre
    • Promo Studio

Wifi is only available in the lobby, day time staff were not very pleasant,

I guess the service is about right for the money spent. Night time staff were very nice & chatty. Amazing bakery round the corner!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

stay for a day only is okay
    • Studio (3 Adults)

kitchen extremely small. room was very small especially as we were 3 persons. TV is hugh and very old type............needs to be thrown away. 3rd bed in room is very uncomfortable and the mattress is old and vary which will definately give you a back pain. Bed is for a small child and not fit for use for a third adult though you are charged for the 3rd person surcharge. The hotel needs to be renovated completely. bathroom was terrible......canot sit or stand properly in the 1/2 tub bath/shower room.

location was very good. staff were helpful and rooms were clean. wi-fi was very good but you have to purchase if you want to use in the room.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Cheap choice but sufficient enough for a quick trip to...
    • Promo Studio

Outdated furniture and in general a feeling of old.

Cheap choice but sufficient enough for a quick trip to Limassol. Friendly staff with good services. Location not ideal since it is a bit far from center but has some benefits and a bus connecting to center.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Old, not taken care of hotel, I will not recommend it, unless you don't have other option
    • Studio

Very old hotel , rooms need renovation, the kitchen cupboards doors ready to fell down bathroom not clean , bathroom mirror frame hanging out unstuck, the internet router fell of twice from the wall , no batteries to tv remote control , phone not working ( room 302)

Good location close to the beach

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Disaster, just old and ugly.
    • Studio

Disaster, just old and ugly. Shower nob came off, glue smell in bathroom, toilet seat was dirty, dark, noise from the street, cats inside the hotel (people with allergies may suffer), recept.furniture dirty and old.

Friendly staff especially in a bar.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Very old furniture. Sitting bathtube like from the ancient ages, small room for three people. Honestly it is not suitable for three adults at all.

Friendly staff especially in a bar. Good everyday cleaning. Convenied location.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Mediocre stay
    • Studio (3 Adults)

The hotel has good potential, however our stay was worse than expected. Booked a room for three, but had to share one double bed. No internet in the room. Sheets instead of blankets, despite low temperatures. Old telly. The street is noisy at night. Were refused late checkout although were entitled as genius members.

The cat in the lobby and free parking. Kitchenette in the room.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Have stayed in 2 rooms, one was quite bad, another one B+ for price we paid.
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Wi-Fi in rooms for additional charge. Not all rooms have electric cooker. Worn out towels need to be replaced. Only Local TV channels. In Some rooms need to be replaced old bath tubes and toilets

Friendly staff, A/c heating were included in price, however quite warm in rooms. Reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Good value for money but basic & tired.
    • Studio

Very tired furniture and decor. Bathroom dated. Black mould between tiles. Looked grubby but it was just old and worn.

Bed was comfy and bedding was clean. Room was warm.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Room was OK, for an Appartement just a bit to small, good...
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

-Free Wifi not available on the rooms, they charge you 2,50/day on short stays for using the router in the room -Step in the shower disturbs showering -Kitchen-Facilities were a bit rar, for example just one fork for two persons

Room was OK, for an Appartement just a bit to small, good beds.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Misleading bathroom photos
    • Promo Studio

The photos online were misleading. The promo studio bathroom was not as updated as it were on the pictures. Clean but very old dated (broken tiles, peeled paint etc)

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Okay.
    • Studio

The hotel is just to sleep and leave. No internet. Two single beds combined together. For the price paid its okay but would not go again.

The location is okay lots of shops and cafes close by.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Worst Experience
    • Studio

The bath base had a cracking and was not clean. We didn't even had a shower! On the basin there was toothpaste from previous guests. There was a weird smell all over the room. The aircondition was too old and the air quality was questionable. I understood why the price was €21.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

We would stay again.
    • Studio

Kitchenette equipment was very poor and not really suitable for self catering.

We have stayed here before and have always liked it. Public areas very comfortable. Nice lounge and bar.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Great location hotel! Bathroom needs attention
    • Promo Studio

The bathroom!! It had half a bath!!! And entire bathroom needs to be re siliconed. Need new toilet seats 💺 Kitchen area was ok but could also do with a bit of attention.

The location. Was perfect 👌🏾Plenty restaurants, bakeries and shops within walking distance. Room & balcony are a good size and decent.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Cheap hotel, 1 night was enough
    • Promo Studio

No wifi in room unless you pay. Wifi is available in the lounge for free but it is noisy there.

Location was fairly good. Beach was less than 5 mins away and there are a few bars/restaurants within 2mins.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Warning
    • Studio

Description on the website didn't match reality. The room was much smaller, no single beds, no hairdryer, no ironing board,only one soap/shampoo fastened on the wall between wash basin and shower, torn towels, cut old towels as bathmat, extremely old and slow cooker. Very noisy, so we woke up every single night. The room hasn't been renovated for decades, so a lot of things were broken.

Easy to get to.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

worst than bad, AVOID !
    • Studio

not only really old, it's a big bag of cold tabbaco, an electrique staff INSIDE the shower, the place is dirty, and very noisy, and if you are not unluckky enought you can come on a monday, the rooms are not cleaned on sundays

checking out and leaving the place

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Location is excellent!
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

In hotel is strong strange smell. Rooms are old but we are just sleep there so for us it's ok. Kitchen is bad but something you can do there. It's to noisy outside, but for our child it wasn't a problem.

Location is excellent!!!

Apartments that need renovation
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The bathroom and kitchen were in bad conditions, the TV was an old TV that didn't work well.The air condition worked but was very weak.

The staff was helpful

Nice Place
    • Studio

One of the receptionist was a little rude. Paying for wifi wasn't a nice thing especially that we live in a world where the connection to the web is one of the basixs that we cannot ignore anymore!

The rooms are comfortable.

Very good
    • Studio

Around pool bar not clean and between the chairs you could see dust.bathtub had stains.there was a sign not to feed cats but a lot of us are animal lovers and if i want to feed the cats its my food which ive paid for.the guy that cleaned the tables outside his sponge was black with dirt.

Very good

An uncomfortable experience
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Our room was tiny and definitely not suitable for the 3 people we booked for. It was described as an apartment but it was more like a room with a small table and chairs jammed into it, which you could not use anyway because there was no room to pull out the chairs. The addition bed we were given was tiny and extremely uncomfortable. The air conditioning didn't work and it was very hot.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Not to be repeated
    • Studio

I rented a studio which means I can have my own food. But I was oblige to buy from their restaurant...The AC was leaking and I couldn't check in at 14:00 . I had to wait till 6pm

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Cheap but very comfortable stay!
    • Studio

The bathroom could benefit from a bit of a touch up.

Good location (bakery and pharmacy a minute walk away) Comfortable rooms and having a balcony was brilliant for the evenings.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

1. The location is not far from public beach, shops and...
    • Studio

1. I booked a studio apartment but I got normal hotel room. 2. The wifi in the room was very dissapointed, but still you have to pay more if you would like to have it in your room. 3. The towel was never changed with the new one.

1. The location is not far from public beach, shops and restaurant. 2. The staffs are very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

location and price
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

run-down property, bathroom really old, broken, dead cockroach outside bedroom door in the morning, air condition barely worked. In total is a run down hotel which is in desperate need for an upgrade

location and price

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Rubbish
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We were made to wait 2 hours to check in. The rooms stank, it was awful. We asked to change but were not allowed to. After a lot of negotiation the staff eventually agreed to spray some odour control spray.

The bar staff were reasonable

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Average for 1 night but any longer i'd have hated it
    • Studio

Staff were miserable and didn't look like they enjoyed their job. I asked for a wifi router for the room as per their advert - didn't work so asked for help - just gave me a refund instead of trying to sort the problem. Pool full of kids and outsiders that could use the pool for free so wasn't relaxing at all.

The price was cheap, and it was only for one night.

Fantastic staff.
    • Studio

Fantastic staff. Great value for money

It was bad very very bad I couldnt stay there more

The hotel needs rennovation asap
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room and bathroom are very old and dusty

The hotel needs rennovation asap

Normal appartments for sleeping. Good swimming pool.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

TV didn't normally work. The kitchen - only tea can.

Good property for this money!

Browse Estella Hotel Apartments traveller photo gallery