Reviews of Faros Hotel 3 stars

Makarios Avenue 34, 5344 Ayia Napa, Cyprus

#42 of 195 hotels in Ayia Napa

A place where in need they will take advantage of you.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I have been a customer of this hotel for more than 3 years. We were in Ayia Napa and was drunk, couldn't drive back to Limassol. We asked for a room to relax a little until 12 until we stopped to be drunk. While On booking.com the rate was 245 and we were checking in at 7 in the morning for 5 hours, the manager decided that it was a good idea to charge us 345 for a family room. Where has the human aspect of people has gone? When someone who is a regular customer and is drunk and is asking to relax for a few hours we take advantage of the situation to make as much as possible on the rate? To me this is absolutely ridiculous. 345 euros for 3 hours in a 3 star hotel? Please people, i was thoroughly upset and disappointed. A customer who the staff know on a first name basis we take the chance for the manager to use this and take advantage of the situation. The front office staff insisted they couldn't do nothing. It is absolutely ridiculous and i will never go back there again.

In general good stay...
    • Superior Room with Sea View

The lunch was terrible. The room was noisy.

The hotel is renovated and offers big and clean rooms. The pool site is also nice. The staff was very kind. The hotel is in very central location.

Central location, great value hotel with fab views and very comfy beds
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

There was no tea & coffee making facility in the room. Also we asked about the Genius arrival drink and were told we would have apples and water in the room, we did receive a small fruit bowl but no water - would have preferred a proper welcome drink, preferably alcoholic!

Great location, comfy beds, friendly staff, lovely pool, great shower, have stayed before and will stay again.

Good modern hotel in the town center

The hotel doesn't have it's own beach and stands right in the center, so maybe quite noisy during peak seasons.

Hotel's location is perfect, right in the center, a stone through from marina and Abbey, though i would expect quite some noise during peak tourist season. We had a family room which was quite big, enough for a double bed and twin beds and to have some decent free space.

• Standard Room with Side Sea View

Very clean, tidy, easy to reach and close to the beach. The services are exemplary, I have no complaints. Breakfast was variate and very good.The staff is welcoming. In one sentence i totally recommend the stay as Faros Hotel.

Great hotel, clean and good breakfast!
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

No tea or coffee making facilities in the room. Parking was tight. The towels provided in the room could have been a bit bigger. None of this would stop us going back though as it is a great hotel!

Everything, perfect location, lovely room, large selection for breakfast.

changed my room from double to twin, although the booking...
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

changed my room from double to twin, although the booking was for double. The hotel couldn't change it, because there was no maid at 8pm to fix that! a 4 star hotel!!!

Great location, nice facilities and good value for money
    • Superior Room with Sea View

Staff at the reception were not that friendly and welcoming, except one of them. I also didn't like the credit card validation process. I paid everything before I arrive, so no need to charge my card in order to validate that I am the owner of the card, just check my name on the card and my ID.

The location of the hotel was super, the facilities were very good and the value for money!

Fabulous.

The hotel should provide antibacterial hand rub for guests to use before they touch the buffet as some guests had the most disgusting habits around the food (double dipping, using their used spoons or their own hands to grab food instead of the allocated spoons or tongs, chucking back into the serving dish things they decided they didn't want ugh!) and some had clearly just got out of bed without even washing before breakfast- gross! Not the Faros hotels fault but they could allocate staff to enforce use of antibacterial hand rub. Top tip- get up early for breakfast before the great unwashed shuffle in and muck up the delicious food, which the hotel staff had taken such great care in preparing and presenting.

We picked this hotel for B&B only, as there was no facilities for kids- hooray! Not all holiday makers want other peoples screaming sun burnt tired fretful kids running amok, whilst their parents ignore them. The hotel is suitable for children aged 16 and over only, who can appreciate the beautiful grounds and lovely hotel facilities. Thank goodness there were very few uncontrolled children running around as there was no facilities for kids. The pool was the best I have seen, spotlessly clean and with pool towels provided, wonderful. The breakfast was very good with lots of choice. Staff do their best to ensure guests are looked after and nothing was too much trouble. We didn't stay for lunch or dinner as there were so many fab restaurants to sample nearby, especially in the harbour and for lunch we used the gorgeous Cypriot bakeries providing their own specialities, like Koupes, yummy. We were worried about staying in a hotel with the all inclusive option, as this means drunk customers shouting all day and night in their inebriated state of vile Bonhomie, as they try and get their moneys worth of booze, but thankfully, this was not the case for all customers, just the usual few, who have to have lager for breakfast and spirits for lunch and dinner, but you get that anywhere now, not just in hotels like the Faros. The all inclusive option with unlimited booze has increased the amount of unsocial vile drunken behaviour amongst guests in holiday spots like Cyprus, but to say so means I will probably get shot for daring to highlight this. Holiday makers should behave like guests when in another country-just my opinion, but the unlimited booze often makes them forget their manners. Sunbeds: there was n0 sunbed hogging, its not allowed by staff so that stops any ill feeling for holiday makers who don't want to or can't get up at 5am to throw a towel on a sunbed- then vanish.

Pleasant hotel marred by deceptive marketing and poor hygiene for drinks/glasses.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

1. This hotel offered a complimentary free drink on arrival as a bonus perk. The normal meaning of this phrase in English is 'e.g. a coupon to get 1 drink at the bar'. But here it was two jugs of water, one with some mint leaves and one with some bits of orange floating in it, and you can serve yourself a tiny glass of water. That is not cool. That is deceptive marketing. 2. OK, this next bit is really gross. People were leaving their dirty glasses after drinking a glass of water, right next to the jugs, and the staff were doing nothing about it, just letting them build up. The clean glasses were over to the left of the table. I didn't notice this had been happening, and so I picked up a dirty glass without realising (since it's right next to the jug). So I drank from someone else's dirty glass. Seriously, what the f??? The staff need to make sure customers are placing dirty glasses are put to an area WELL AWAY from the jugs and well away from the clean glasses. This situation should never happen in a hotel! So gross. [But frankly, they should also be offering a *REAL* free complimentary drink like any normal hotel that uses that phrase would...] 3. I was given my room information card in German, and I have absolutely no idea why. Fortunately it's not hard to figure out. It's kind of a shame, because the staff were generally friendly/helpful, and the room was pretty excellent quality, the bed was firm and so on. But it only takes one misleading or gross experience to put you off a hotel, and I had two...

Big rooms, very clean. Big and comfortable bathroom/shower. Nice little balcony to sit in the sun. Very big window. Staff were quite happy/smiley.

Was an amazing holiday in an AMAZING hotel.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

No coffee in the rooms nor in the lobby. Had to buy coffee from the bar.

Everything exceeded our expectations. The staff were super helpful and friendly. Anytime I needed something (towels, soap...), it got to my room really fast. The breakfast was very good with a nice selection. Pool is nice, big and very clean. Room was super clean and comfortable. The walls were a bit thin but that didn't bother us. We highly reccomend this hotel and will certainly be back.

The hotel is lovely, a great place to relax & prepare for our wedding.
    • Superior Room with Sea View

The attitude of the lifeguard/pool attendant was awful. He was rude to guests accusing us of breaking sunbeds, which were already broken! We were the only group of guests spending money at the bar. All of the other guests were going to the shops and bringing back drinks & crisps & he had the cheek to tell us that we were not allowed to use the pool after we had checked out as the manager had requested this, we were a party of 16!. When we went to manager to discuss this he said that he had not said anything to the pool man. This really upset us as we have been visiting this hotel 3-4 Times this year.

Management & reception staff were fantastic, as were the cleaning staff. The room was fantastic & more than big enough for all of us to get ready for our wedding. The little extras they supplied like champagne & cakes were a lovely touch.

Good, great pool, location central , friendly staff.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Just the water pressure was a bit low. Sufficient but not for a real nice shower

Good value for money, nothing out of the ordenairy. Basically exact what would expet from this type off hotel

Wonderful modern hotel
    • Superior Room with Sea View

Modern hotel with plenty of facilities. Great pool. Room very spacious with a sea view.In a great location near plenty of bars and restaurants. Breakfast was excellent with a large selection.

poor
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

where do i start? first, the pool is really really dirty!!!! I got medical problems (genital infection) after that!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from that pool!!!! People drinking and smooking in the wather bar for hours without going to the restroom, you can imagine that... and I bet that they did not change that wather since weeks... The problem is that we realised this after 2 days... dark bathroom, only two spot ligths, but one is above the toilet... no comment... breakfast, underdone eggs called fried eggs, another health hazard. before this we have been is a 4 stars hotel almost for the same price, much much better, if you have 20 EUR more for a night dont not stay here!

honestly? nothing really. one thing, at arrival the receptionis lady was really nice and helpful.

Our 7th stay in Ayia Napa over a 30 year period and by far the most disappointing.

I had paid in full for 5 adults and 2 children staying in 3 rooms. However the manageress demanded an extra 280 euro at check in. This was despite me showing her the booking details I had provided were accurate? I had asked if our 3 rooms could be close together if possible? There are three accommodation blocks to this hotel, we had one room in each, so despite having four months to arrange this we could not have been placed any further apart. Our shower drain was blocked on arrival. It took three days to address it. The children's pool had excrement in it one afternoon. We reported it but the pool remained in use for another 30 minutes. The lifeguard was over zealous. He patroled the pools constantly looking for minor infringements with kids or parents then turned a blind eye to drunks staggering about with glass bottles. Lots of noise in to the early hours from adjacent rooms to us (2310) though this did not apply to the family room some of our group stayed in.

Great location for the beach and town. Friendly staff. Good breakfast buffet.

Good clean, value for money Hotel

English T bags at breakfast were Earl Grey. Would have likes normal tea

Good helpful staff. Always happy to help. Very clean hotel. Good value for money

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great hotel with all the whistles and bells.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

You could not add a tip to your charges if you signed them to your room. This meant you had to carry cash to the pool if you wanted to have a few drinks. The staff deserves a tip and it would be nice if you could conveniently add it to your bill.

Great selection for breakfast, a great location, spacious rooms, superb huge swimming pool and a friendly staff.

Room very clean, staff very friendly, very good location ,...

No water or coffee or tea kettler available in room. Lots of Cats near the swimming pools. They dont change the room towels everyday except if u call the reception.

Room very clean, staff very friendly, very good location , very good breakfast.

Great hotel, great breakfast and great bed

The price was a high.

Visited the hotel for the first time, everything was great. The stuff was friendly, the breakfast was great, the room was super clean and nice and the bed was incredible. I usually having a difficult time to relax and have a good night sleep in hotels because i'm not used to the bed, well I slept like a baby and woke up feeling relax and energised.

Another great stay at Faros

Loved it all.

They have a great pool with a swim-up bar. The location is very convenient. They have been slowly renovating different parts of the hotel and it is really looking nice. The new breakfast area was great.

Very comfortable and clean , good facilities and friendly and helpful staff .
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Route to the accommodation could be better sign posted , not easy to follow on the first evening when I was still unfamiliar with hotel layout .

The staff were helpful and friendly , Demetris , Andy , and Nina deserve special thanks , as well as my room cleaner ( whose name I do not know )

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Fab Hotel in an excellent location .
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

A bit of daily variety with the breakfast would be nice and a light in the balcony for night time.

Location is fantastic only mins from the harbour and beach. Restaurants and shops all close by. Our room had a sea and pool view. Rooms very modern and clean. Got fresh towels daily and extra towels for the pool use. Breakfast was good but same every day can get a bit boring. Staff nice , pool amazing lots of sun loungers. Lots of cats around which are very friendly this didnt bother me at all but I am a cat lover might not be suit other guests.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Superb stay, everything was perfect!!!

Booking.com have omitted to show the house number of the hotel - just the street - on the reservation and we had difficulties in reaching the hotel by car having used a GPS navigator. The GPS required street name - I entered Makarios, but also number. Since this was not indicated on the reservation I entered 2, but the hotel was at 34 so we lost time asking people how to find the hotel. After we reached the hotel, everything was perfect. I asked the reception to contact Booking.com and ask them to add 34 before the street name on the booking

I am a diabetic and was particularly impressed at breakfast (which was abundant) the hotel offered two (!) types of jelly/marmalade for diabetics, which I have experienced only in higher class hotels. All 4 of us liked the hotel immensely.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Excellent hotel, clean and modern, good location, good wifi,...
    • Standard Room with Sea View

Only thing is that the closest beach to the hotel is not the nicest one around. But Nissi beach as well as other nicer beaches are a short bus ride away.

Excellent hotel, clean and modern, good location, good wifi, very friendly stuff. The port as well as lots of restaurants and bars are within easy walk from the hotel, but just far enough from the noisy areas to have a good night sleep. But stop outside the hotel very convenient. Overall enjoyed our stay very much!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

You get exactly what you can see on pictures . all good just not my cup of tea
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

No fresh fruits for breakfast.

Hotel is in the center, close to the sea shore. You get exactly what you see on the pictures . Would recommend to take pool view instead of side sea view. Side sea view balconies come direction busy roundabout. Pool balconies have a nice view with sea side view as well and are quiet in the eve.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

The hidden jewel of Agia Napa

Not applicable

Faros hotel is the hidden jewel of Agia Napa! Simply perfect. Excellent customer service, extremely clean hotel and the team are willing to help you with any query. Excellent location- within walking distance to everything, the bus stop is outside the hotel, the breakfast buffet was wonderful, my room was very spacious and clean, all rooms have a balcony which enables you to enjoy the beatific views of the ocean & city. Excellent value for money. I would definetely stay here again. Thank you to all the team at Faros for the wonderful experience I had during my stay!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

An extraordinary place

Stuff was not very friendly and drink policy is weird (no hot drinks in the room, need to pay for water everywhere)

The pool was so great our kids wanted nothing else for 5 days! Great food (don't miss buffet dinners at great value and free for kids !) , modern rooms and close to everything worth doing in Aya Napa! Amusement park, restaurants, the beach and the harbor

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

very pleasent
    • Standard Room with Sea View

The food can be a little more interesting but was good enough, and the waiters very efficient.

excellent location. close to everything, comfortable clean rooms, good A.C, nice pool and hotel. the stuff very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Very disappointing value for money
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View

Very bad food variety and quality . We were put on the 3rd floor with the elevator out of order for few hours supposedly,,,they fixed it after about 24 hours. The kid's bed was a cheap ,folding, thin matress one. The airconditioning in the room was of poor performance . A near beach party with very loud and bad music kept us awake until 2am Sunday

It was ok
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The swimming pool was dirty. You could barely find pool beds.

Location was perfect. Breakfast and lunch was very nice.

Definitely recommended
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The hotel is very nice, clean and spacious. It is perfectly located, in a calm part of town yet very close to the lively and busy areas.

Quiet short break
    • Superior Room with Sea View

Room towels were not changed and no bottled water on second day.

The location is central and within walking distance

Very friendly staff.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Very friendly staff. I forgot the charger and the room and they sent it to me!

Location is perfect.
    • Superior Room with Sea View

Overpriced. Not worth it.

Location is perfect.

All ok

fantastic and happy stay
    • Standard Room with Sea View

I expect to see more kinds of food in the breakfast as Salmon or prawns.

I like everything in the hotel, every details, location and friendly staff.

Nice vacation at a nice hotel
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The location was very good , the hotel pool is excellent , the hotel room was quiet and pleasant. I definitely recommend the hotel.

Single beds

Single beds

Excellent stay. Friendly staff
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The hotel exceeded our expectations. Good facilities and very friendly staff.

This is not 3 stars hotel for me is 5
    • Superior Room with Sea View

The rooms was very nice. And the swimming pool was awesome. The breakfast was ok. And the lunch was excellent

The gym needs to be upgraded.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The gym needs to be upgraded.

Everything was great

Everything was great

Location, friendly staff

Location, friendly staff

No jacuzzi

No jacuzzi

Everything else was perfect
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Breakfast was really basic. A bit noisy because of its location

Everything else was perfect

Very good overall!
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Coffee could be better :-)

Amazing breakfast, location and staff.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The gym it's seems abandoned and the machines are old.

Amazing breakfast, location and staff.

Great breakfast and pool.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Great breakfast and pool. Perfect location.

very nice staff, good food , excelent location

very nice staff, good food , excelent location

In the center of everything.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

In the center of everything. Markets, restaurants, bars and the beach. Nice breakfast. Nice swimming pool.

A very nice experience in a great location
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The WiFi was not always working

The hotel is value for money. Nice renovated rooms, great breakfast

Perfect!
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Full renovation at the reception area will add value.

Location.breakfast.staff politeness. Clean.

The location is very good and from the stuff Demetris was...
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The barbeque night the kebabs and the sieftallia were medium.

The location is very good and from the stuff Demetris was very good on service etc

All
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Little bit hard bed for me

All

Faros Cyprus hospitality lives there
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Friendly Staff..... Mr Demetris....from The restaurant was very friendly and Professional

Location.... Spacious clean rooms....

Good hotel in a good location

Location . Good choices for breakfast . Wifi

• Standard Room with Side Sea View

Nice location, newly renovated hotel, friendly staff. Highly recommended.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Nice location, newly renovated hotel, friendly staff. Highly recommended.

excellent location, clean and perfect for families!
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

excellent location, clean and perfect for families!

Good stay!
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

The little smile of the hotel staff

Not worth
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Unfriendly staff. Indoor pool and staff did not work. No animation. Cold pool water. No sandy beach access.

Restaurant food was good

GREAT PLACE I WOULD RECOMEND IT

MORE PARKING SPACE

EVERYTHING LARGE BED AND A NICE VIEW GREAT BREAKFAST

Beds were comfortable.
    • Standard Room with Sea View

Breakfast was poor, under seasoned and cold. Sauna was locked.

Beds were comfortable. Views were great. Staff were friendly.

Fantastic Excellent great job well done guys!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

nothing all was Perfect !!

Fantastic Excellent great job well done guys!!!!!

great area, friendly staff.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast was a little limited but was ok. Fitness facilities poor and the sauna and steam room never seemed to be open!

great area, friendly staff.

Modern, clean

Was perfect

The sea view 😊

Nice and clean hotel, quiet, clean.
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Strange that only one elevator

Nice and clean hotel, quiet, clean. Nice breakfast.

Would book again, A star !

Everything was top class

Only Dinner bufee not good, recommed book B/B

Only Dinner bufee not good, recommed book B/B

Plenty of parking is available across the street (3 eur per...
    • Superior Room with Sea View

Plenty of parking is available across the street (3 eur per day). Great view towards the sea.

Nice family friendly excellently located hotel.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Family room spacious and comfortable. Breakfast excellent with nice variety of dishes. Nice pool. Friendly and helpful staff.

week end in Faros hotel
    • Standard Room with Sea View

Very clean hotel, situated 2 min from the beach..in the center of the city.Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

everything excellent!

everything excellent!!

So pleased...
    • Standard Room with Side Sea View

Everything was perfect! Breakfast was wow! Our room was clean and nice! Perfect location...

Browse Faros Hotel traveller photo gallery