Reviews of Golden Bay Beach Hotel 5 stars

Larnaca-Dhekeleia Road, 6306 Larnaka, Cyprus

#18 of 33 hotels in Larnaka

On the beach
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Outdated I was on all-inclusive yet they charged for water in the minibar, which I could get free from minibar I got scabies while I was there, but not 100% sure it is from there

On the beach Good drinks Good food and entertainment

Golden bay is a nice quite place
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

It's definitely not a 5 star hotel. The rooms are old and not well maintained and the towels are not that clean... it's expensive for What it is...

Golden bay is a nice quite place

Late check out / Golden bay Beach - Larnaca
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

I asked for an early check in by email four five days before my arrival, so I didnt receive any reply neither from Booking.com nor from the management of Golden Bay Hotel. Then, the day of my departure I asked them if they can grant me 2hours more for a late check out to be at 14h.00 instead of 12h.00 , so they didn't agree or accept. My reason request that my flight was late around 21h30 in the evening . So I checked out at 11h.30 in the morning . This is the only black point on my stay at the hotel. But I was in somehow disappointed for their behavior . Kindest regards.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Poor furniture and doesn't deserve more than 2 star,...
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Poor furniture and doesn't deserve more than 2 star, waiters faces are always grumpy, finally it doesn’t deserve it price too expensive for what i found.

Paid by credit card through booking before arrival.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Paid by credit card through booking before arrival. Upon arrival the reception staff requested my credit card again. I asked what for, and replayed they needed to check its the same i made the payment. Then she proceeds and charges the card 1 cent and asks me to enter my pin. I said what is that for, and she replayed its company policy. I was upset as this never happened to me before, but i didn't want to ruin our mood so i entered my pin. The card went through and she offered me the 1 cent in cash. I was shocked. Anyway she then asks me if we intended to charge the room with drinks or food and said of course. She asked my to prepay an advance either in cash or to hold an amount on my card. Again this is a first to me.

Disappointed
    • Mini Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We were really disappointed, we paid more than 3000 euros for 6 nights and they didn’t even clean the room properly ! Twice we came back at 6pm and found the room not done Lot of aunt evryvwhere plus the bad smell in the corridor and restaurant, Not a huge choice of food , we took half board but we still have to pay for drinks and even water . Pool is dirty with strong bad smell , we couldn’t believe that this hotel is 5 stars hotel and honestly someone should review This rating !! Very old furnitures as well Except the very nice staff everything should be reviewed starting by the price and the 5 stars

Location is good , hotel next to the beach and few restaurant around

It was very nice and relaxing
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The hotel was away from City center

I liked almost everything, the breakfast, the beach, the very clean pools, the room view. they offered us champagne and cake for our anniversary, it was so nice gesture!

The Ants roaming in the room.
    • Grand Suite

I booked an executive suite which looked like it was from an old history book. Ants were in various places of the room. Other friends in other rooms faced the same situation. Petros at the reception was so unprofessional. He refused to grant me late check out. Not even 15 minutes after 12. When I mentioned the ants he changed his mind but it was too late. Not a five star resort in any way.

The Ants roaming in the room.

not worth for the price
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

sound proof in the rooms

everything was good...but... the sound proof in the room is about 0!!! in the morning you cant sleep becouse of maids.... :(( it was the worth .... other - everything good - instead - this hotel not for youngh - for couples, old people more.... outside - couple of restourants, car rents.....shops.... we rented a car - and where going to Ayanapa - to snorkle...the snorkaling there - the best ever.....

Total disappointment.
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

It just totally does not match expectations of a 5 star hotel. Like a typical, standard 3 star place plus room service food menu plus some very arrogant staff. Beds are small and inconvenient, bed sheets cheapish, room equipment rudimentary, corridors and landings make impression of a Soviet-style hotel from 1980s. Removing room service food and calling it a three star place would be fair. All four star hotels in Cyprus i've been too a better than this one.

Champagne prices at the bar unexpectedly cheap, and bartender really professional. This is about the only good thing to tell about the place.

Staff super nice and friendly, overall stay not so much
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Pool is small and not as nice as shown in photos. The whole hotel needs much renovation to live up to it being a 5 star hotel. The hallway between rooms is very smelly. The beds in the room are very uncomfortable and small. I wouldn’t say this is a 5-star hotel stay. It’s overpriced for the value we received.

The staff, the staff, the staff! They’re super helpful and friendly. The breakfast was OK with decent options. We had lunch twice during our stay and the food was good.

The spa, beach, and hotel.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

- The furniture of the room is very old. - For the first 4 nights they never put hand soups in the toilet and the coffee cups are not washed properly (old coffee marks in it) so i have to wash it myself before having a coffee. - I booked 3 rooms for 8 nights thats a total of 24 nights for the hotel and when we asked for late checkout they just gave us for one room! - One of the room smell really bad in the morning time I think it get it from the kitchen.

The spa, beach, and hotel. The breakfast was good but for dinner don’t go for the same restaurant as there aren’t many options of food.

All especially the of green card to reserve at the beach for...
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Far from downtown and hotel entrance and lobby needs to be redesigned for new look

All especially the of green card to reserve at the beach for all your stay and good tasty food But overalls well arranged and organizef

Golden
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

I did not like leaving, already miss the place.

Lovely staff and lovely grounds around the building. If you are going give my best to the staff, which are professional and fun. Special greetings and thanks for my stay to Mateos, Rafailia, Rafaela, Stefanos, Martin and Alvida, Demetrios, Diana, Maria and the ones which names I have forgotten. Recommend it 100%

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The staff were lovely

The room on the other hotel side was very noisy on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights so requested to change from room 417. Moved to 538, quieter but in need of refurbishment.

The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. Room 403 was perfect. The pools and beach were exactly as described we were very happy.

Relaxing overall and I would go back
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Breakfast was often chaotic there was always a wait for a clean table especially if you wanted to sit outside. Most mornings we had to ask the waiters for tea & coffee. Leave enough time to have breakfast if you've got anything to do that day. The pool area was much smaller than I thought it would be from the pictures I'd seen Often tiny bits of bird poo were on the sunbeds – the pool staff were always friendly and helpful and would come over with a sponge to get rid of it but we always had to go and ask them. We had some ants in our room even with the balcony door shut. The mini bar fridge in the room didn’t have a lot of room inside for anything else if you want to store water bottles. There’s not much on the doorstep of this hotel but if you are prepared to walk around you can find some nice local restaurants. A taxi to Larnaca town is €12 each way.

The selection at breakfast was fantastic, everything you could want, lots of choice. Different eggs, sausages (chicken, beef, pork), breads, pastries, pancakes, waffles, hams, cheese, fruits cereals and juice etc… Sunbeds were available around the pool or on the beach without too much fuss once you understand their reservation process. The beach is very nice, the water is shallow for a long way out. The pool bar is great for a light bite, lunch and cocktails. Comfortable bed. Nice side sea view balcony which felt very private. Good working safe in the room.

Amazing and friendly staff
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

Photos on bookings should be updated to match reality Housekeeping to be improved - ants in room/cigarettes remains from previous guests in the balcony/clean the room without taking out dirty plates and glasses No late checkout

Amazing and friendly staff Great food Great location

Nice beach and relaxing stay
    • Double Room with Side Sea View - Disability Access

Very strange service in the restaurants. Waiters ask you what you want to drink, you order tea or coffee or wine and no one brings it to you... Really strange... Why do they ask you about drinks if they are not going to serve them to you??? And such situations happened not once, but several times....

Beach is very nice. A lot of sunbeds. Sea was very warm and clean. Very good breakfast

Overall - The location of Golden Bay is the best thing about...
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

The first night I checked in; no one assisted me with my bags to my room. I was not even greeted upon arriving outside the hotel. The room was a bit overpriced. I had booked the mini-suite and the pictures look way better than what it is. Everything is old and worn, the lighting is horrid. I entered the room and found ants swarmed everywhere. I couldn't sleep the first night, but the next day I informed the staff and they cleaned my room 3 times a day for the rest of my stay. However, for a 5-star hotel, you'd expect the room to be spotless honestly. The Jacuzzi was okay though and being the beach is lovely, I didn't have to spend much time in the room.

Overall - The location of Golden Bay is the best thing about it. The hotel is a bit outdated. For a five star hotel I expected a lot better. I think the overall standard of hotels in Larnaca is not that high anyways. The beach is amazing and the spa is great; there are a lot of water activities as well facilitated on the hotel property.

A Fantastic place to stay - the staff are so soo polite and want to help you!
    • Double Room with Side Sea View - Disability Access

The property not being Sound Proof from all the music and parties running through to 23.00 and beyond.

A BIG thanks to Ann and Anna at the reception, the restaurant staff were amazing, so well organized. From the porter to the cleaning team, such a wonderful team! A memorable experience! Complimentary wine and fruits upon arrival in the rooms. With lots of goodies in the room!

Very good location.
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Very noisie as they were constantly doing some repairs in the hotel and outside the hotel. We were never told that you need to pay for all the drinks at the buffee, even plain water that seriously, it’s a necesity! Only at breakfast there were some juices that were for free.

Very good location. Nice beach and facilities around the hotel, espacially for kids. Very nice food!!

Good
    • Double Room with Pool and Sea View

I had one dinner at the hotel. In a simple word, the food was a catastrophe and had no connection to the breakfast!

The Golden Bay location is far from the city center; some 10-minute drive. but since I was interested in the beach, the distance was not an issue and taxis are available all the time, at the hotel's doorsteps Breakfast was excellent, I cannot think of other foods to be available at breakfast! Staffers are very friendly and respond quickly to enquiries. I was satisfied with what the Golden Bay offered, however, as a 5 stars hotel, you should be careful in your expectation because the latter depends on where you come from, and on the criteria used to designate 5 stars hotels!! (obviously are not the same around the world)

The staff at breakfast were lovely very helpful, clean tidy...
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Very Basic room, not a 5 star experience. Corridor stank of cigars constantly, lifts too busy and very small. Air conditioning not very effective, Middle East air conditioning is the 5 star experience. Very expensive considering the lack of quality. Stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world - golden bay is not One of them. Also the location is miles away from restaurants and bars in Larnaca. I should have checked the location a car is a must. Pillows very cheap, need a refurbish on the bedding. Be careful when ordering a taxi through the hotel from the airport, should be €25 however our taxi driver took €30 and ran off, so €5 change was not handed back.

The staff at breakfast were lovely very helpful, clean tidy hotel. Views lovely.

OK - but not 5 star by any means
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

Definitely not a 5 Star hotel !! not sure who makes the ratings but his one has slipped through the net, at best it is a good 3 star hotel. Room service is particularly poor, dust and paper were left behind the bathroom door for the whole week we were there, the room was never mopped all week - footsteps from wet feet were left the whole time we were there; basically the beds were made (ish) each day and toiletries refreshed and that was it. The room was very tired and in big need of a refurb, we were in a suite so who knows what a normal room was like, really grubby round the edges and a chipped and rusty mirror in the bathroom.

Staff were very friendly and polite, good food in the restaurant, and plenty of it. We had a small issue with people accessing our terrace which was actioned very quickly by Elena (Quality Manager) which we appreciated; then she left us a complimentary meal voucher to put things right, so again very nice service - thank you. Pool very nice.

Poor management
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Very unprofessional management; During lunch at the hotel, we had a small insect in the salad so we figured that it’s okay it happens and we just removed it and then again in the same platter we found a human hair, we complained to our waiter, he took the plate and never returned with any replacement not even an apology, they started avoiding us completely! we waited for more than 40 minutes in hopes that someone from the management will come and apologize or even offer us compensation, since they rudely took the dish and left my friend without food. We were 6 people and non of us continued their meal because of what we saw. We confronted the manager and he just ignored the issue as if this is a normal thing and we are just making drama, we didn’t make a scene because it is against our culture to do so. But at least out of respect and courtesy to the costumer the management should apologize, they even had the nerve to bill us for the plate they took away! Ps: the walls are very thin and you can hear everything that is happening in the other rooms - vice versa

Some staff are friendly

Sufficient for the beach-spa-pool-sleep routine
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

* Getting a late checkout permit was very hard with no apparent reason, the hotel was mostly empty and the night shift couldn't approve, told me to ask again at 8 am, I had a wedding to attend to at 8 am in the city so it was a bit complicated, called the desk at 7 am and they said it is possible if i add 20 euros...for 3 hours addition, 4 costs 40, can't see what is the big issue A bit rude attitude from a near empty hotel by my taste. * Breakfast was good but with limited variety. *The location is not great, taxi to the city is 25 euros, the restaurants around are very copy paste and boring so you pretty much have the hotel and the beach which is great if it is what you are looking for, the bar and restaurant at the hotel and around it are not cheap and the food is not that worth of the value... *There is a kind of a pub in the hotel but it is closed or empty most of the time

Staff is very polite and speak on multiple languages, Everything is very clean, The pool is nice and the pool bar has a great variety of cocktails to offer

Great Hotel. Highly recommended!
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

We had a great experience. Staff was available and eager to assist at all time. Rooms were clean with sea view. Free parking. Good food. Little far from city center. Highly recommended!!

Nice stay, wasn’t worth the money and five stars
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Rooms are out dated. Very noisy. You can hear every word your neighbor says. Not too much variety food

Loved private beach and pool area. The Spa was amazing

I had this idea of proposing at an abroad luxury hotel to my...
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

I had this idea of proposing at an abroad luxury hotel to my girlfriend (now fiancee). I contacted Christiana (guest relations officer of the hotel) and from there on, my experience was amazing. Christiana took care of all of our prior requests, made sure the room was decorated for the proposal and overall we felt really special during the whole weekend. They even managed to get us upgraded to a suite. Golden Bay Hotel will forever be that special place where we got engaged and we'll definitely come back. I would sincerely recommend it for both couples and families.

A perfect city get away

NA

Everything. Starting from the food and finishing the birthday cake and Champlain that i got as a complimentary gift from the hotel. Thank you for making my day special :)

The location, Facilities: pool, the beach, garden, the music...
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The only this his the comfort of e bed, is was wide but the mattress was hard

The location, Facilities: pool, the beach, garden, the music in the lobby, large room with terrace, the staff was kind and helpfull

Expensive, down market hotel
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

Expensive for a run of the mill (not in the least luxurious) didn’t use the hot tub as seriously over looked & just a silly waste of time.

Breakfast was busy but plentiful with helpful staff

Great breakfast!
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The bed wasn't comfortable The bathtub wasn't close so the bathroom was always wet.

Great breakfast! Very nice and helpful stuff. Neat rooms and lots of quite.

Good clean mid- range hotel -if all you seek is to stay at hotel.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Location of hotel required a 10-12 Euro taxi ride each way (15 minutes) to the center of town where all the restaurants and cafes were located.

Very good breakfast and dinner buffet.Everyone is pleasant.Room was very quiet-I was able to sleep with balconey door wide open. Best hotel gym ever.

Fair!
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Their attention for small details which ultimately counts...a broken snooker table, a broken tennis table, broken arrows for an overused dartboard, daily minibar checking..

Beautiful view, very nice people!

A relaxing stay at The Golden bay Beach Hotel - Every possible need was taken care off.
    • Mini Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Really comfortable >King Sized bed. Large room. Hot Tub on balcony with sea view. Good sized Heated indoor pool. Shallow bay created on the beach is ideal for kids to paddle safely

Excellent, I would go there again and recommend it
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Far away from the city center. There are two buses (425 & 424) every 30' and 20' minutes respectively, their cost is 1,5 euros but it takes a bit long to go to the city center. Alternatively a taxi will need 10'-15' to arrive and it will cost approximately 12 euros for the city center or 25 euros for the airport. The rooms weren't soundproof enough so you could hear noises from the neighboring rooms.

Polite and helpful staff. Room with excellent view to the sea. The first day I was offered a free plate with fruits and sweets and a bottle of wine! You can really spend the whole day in the hotel, having fun at the sea, pools or the spa. Very spacious room. Excellent breakfast.

Location, facilities, friendly staff
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Rooms not soundproofed had to complain twice about noisy neighbours, the indoor pool should be open for children beyond 2pm as it was empty and outdoor pools were too cold. Also I asked for late checkout but was refused even though I had asked before arriving.

Location, facilities, friendly staff

Has everything but is very outdated
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The hotel is extremely outdated and needs a major overhall. It may have the facilities to be ranked 5 stars but it definitely does not feel like more than 3 or 4 at best. That said, it also does not have the room rates of a 5 star so its fair.

Value for money (because it was cheap)

Pool area, garden.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Hotel category: 5 stars maybe but 17 years ago. Now 3 stars is max. Cleaning the rooms: cleaning service does not use vacuum cleaners. Under the bed was 0.5 cm of dust. Elevators: old, slow - we were wasting a lot of time getting to the room. Breakfasts: 7 days the same. Little tasty. You have to wait for 15 minutes for the ordered omelette. Plates often not thoroughly washed. Coffee very poor. Very high prices at the bar. Price absolutely not adequate for comfort. I do not recommend. CENA NIE ADEKWATNA DO POZIOMU USŁUGI. NIE POLECAM.

Pool area, garden. The possibility of making coffee and tea in the room.

Enjoyable on the whole but not 5 star.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

No hotel info in the room at all. e.g. restaurant opening times, facilities, etc. Shakespeare Bar open but rarely staffed. Breakfast waiting staff not very efficient. On second morning had to order tea /coffee THREE times. Eventually arrived but no cups! Eventually fetched them myself.

The location was brilliant

Fair average.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

SPA Massage was simply disastrous. Restaurant's food was bad. Noisy neighbors (kids,...). Far from Larnaca's center. Expensive.

The room had a good view. Relaxing restaurant. Internet was OK. Clean Hotel. Breakfast rich and tasty. Christiana made our stay the best possible thanks to her efforts!

Very nice stay, will definitely come back again
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

The only « negative » thing I’d have to say is that I was a bit disappointed about the bedrooms (not included the terrace). The sofa/bed was horrible and there was no bath in the bathroom even though we had a junior suite. Nevertheless the rest of the stay and the kindness of the staff were so good that it wasn’t really a big deal

The facilities of the hotel were very nice, the hotel and the rooms were very clean. Very nice see view from the bedroom, the terrace with jacuzzi was amazing. I only had breakfast there but it was excellent I used the advice of the concierge several times for restaurants and all their recommendations were perfect.

Even if the hotel is dated and requires renovation, our...
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Even if the hotel is dated and requires renovation, our short stay was good and very pleasant because of people working there. Starting from reception desk (we had yo wait a bit for check in and they brought us cocktails) and up to dinner and check out - all was good

A bottle of wine and fruit in the room
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

A bottle of wine and fruit in the room One bottle of water

A hotel far from the city, but easily reachable by bus 425...
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Gray towels Limited hours for children to stay in a closed pool, especially on winter days When the hotel does not offer an alternative (a children's club is also closed)

A hotel far from the city, but easily reachable by bus 425 from the airport, the station is just opposite the hotel. The staff is very nice, smiling and always helpful! Great variety at breakfast, but it does not change every day ,. Clean rooms, but in my opinion you can clean up a bit better (preferably the hotel will change the towels from time to time because they are no longer white and these are more gray) I was a little disappointed that children can use the pool only until 14:00, especially on winter days that there is nothing to do outside and a children's club is closed for use. Amazing spa! We did a sports massage and it was perfect !! The experience was all very good! Recommend and we will probably return to this hotel as well.

Exceptionally clean and comfortable room.
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Despite it appearing to the contrary, this hotel is not exceptionally child-friendly. To explain, children are not allowed in the indoor pool from 2pm onwards. The changing rooms are not family friendly, i had to let my boys (6 and 7) get dressed in the men's locker-room as the woman there would not allow them in with me. She told me to go in the men's changing rooms! Also, no children's TV channels, just one in Arabic! So I think this is ideal for a nice relaxing adult holiday, as it really is a beautiful hotel. Food and breakfast were ok, not exceptional. Plenty of variety but not the best quality

Exceptionally clean and comfortable room. Very friendly and helpful staff. As I mention in my "dislikes", we arrived for a one-night stay and were told the children were not allowed to use the indoor pool in the afternoon. After i pointed out that i actually called in advance prior to booking to ensure my children could use the pool and that it was warm (it was by the way!) they bent the rules for us and they could play until 5.30 (it closes at 8pm). So we were very, very grateful.

Very nice hotel. Staff could be more friendly and helpful but apart from that good place to stay
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

I booked a twin room and they gave us a double room. When asked to resolve it they put in a make shift bed which wasn’t comfy. The next night I got a mattress topper but it wasn’t so easy as I had to argue for it !! I wish they could have been more helpful then try to blame me for the mistake. I showed the voucher stayting twin room and they apologised Also the lighting in the room is odd

Good WiFi probably the best Good house cleaning

Excellent value for money and location. Would recommend without hesitation
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Friendly attentive staff throughout he hotel. Good Breakfast and bar food. Didn't eat in restaurant as always eat out As the hotel is 35 year old the maintenance was good with a few tatty edges as would be expected.

The hotel is very good superseeding the expectations. I will sure return and recommend.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

I would like the room to have some wall hooks for hanging coats and jackets.

The rooms are very comfortable. The view and space are very good. The staff is very nice and well delivered the service expected.

Friendly staff, a lot of entertainments.
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Friendly staff, a lot of entertainments. Appreciate evening events. Swiming pools inside and outside, all environment was impressive. Live music in a restaurant. Recommend to take rooms with seaview at 4th-5th floor.

The spa facilities, the proximity to the beach, the breakfast
    • Mini Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Cleaning of the rooms is insufficient. The floors were left dirty, just superficially wiped with smelly rags.

The spa facilities, the proximity to the beach, the breakfast

Because of your facilities,great Chefs and Eexcellent liaison officer,outstanding 👏🏼
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

The Decorations in the rooms,need more plug sockets,bigger Mini Bar and the worst thing was getting stuck inside the Lift,if it wasn't for Christian's we would of left the hotel the second day

Your Liaison officer Christian's was more than helpful,she went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable,t

Great place for family vacation
    • Grand Suite

Hotel seems little old to be rated 5 stars. Needs refurbishment. Breakfast is just ok as its repeated everyday. Its ok for 4 days though. Stayed in the grand suite which was quite spacious and classy. Very well kept but needs to be refurbished for the price that you are paying.

Very friendly staff and super quick to respond to requests. Room was clean.

The hotel has to be developed and match the new revolution in hotel industry.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Room service needs to be improved. The elevator was very narrow , small , old and there were only two elevators for the guests .The gate and entrance needs to be more impressive and attractive. The TV screen should be bigger size and has more channels including Arbic ones.

Very expensive .

Friendly house keeping staff.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Run-down hotel with perhaps 3 to 3 and 1/2 stars. Definitely not a 5 star hotel. Food was plenty but rather tasteless.

Friendly house keeping staff.

Enjoy the sea breez
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Room 108 have the best view . The staff ready to help ,smiling, trying to make you as confortable as possible .The tavern inside the hotel have the best cookers ,fresh sea food ,same as in a mediteraneam village .

Good stay
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

The staff didn’t greet us as we were walking around the hotel or at breakfast. Eg good morning, would you like a coffee? Manners are priceless but mean a lot! Efficiency focused but not rapport focused. When rooms were cleaned many dirty items were still left out, eg: cups weren’t clean and some packets left on the side of the bed. Only beds were made and towels replaced. Having stayed at other hotels, small things make a BIG difference. Especially for a 5 star establishment.

The spa was fantastic and the therapists are very knowledgable and helpful. A huge selection of foods for breakfast! Everything was well presented.

Over all good stay and we had a relaxing time.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The drinks at the bar were expensive and I was charged different amounts for the same drinks each time I ordered, it was as if the bar staff were just making up the prices as they felt like it. (Tip) Check the Tarif before ordering. The pool was too cold, the service at breakfast was not always great, I was not always offered coffee/tea and it sometimes took a long time for used plates to be removed.

Great Breakfast. Everything was convenient and easy. evening buffets were good too, good value for money and entertainment sometimes included. Room was clean and comfortable.

Great hotel!
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

Nothing. The hotel is a very good choice for vacation. It's only 10 minutes away from Larnaca.

Very polite staff. Especially the reception team. Great dinner. Very clean and comfortable.

Had a great time! would recommend the hotel!
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

The indoor pool was not heated (we stayed in October and the outdoor pool was pretty cool). The cleanliness of the hotel is not the best. (For example the sheets weren't changed even though we asked for it, the water in the jacuzzi is probably not always changed between guests). They did clean everything when we asked for it and there is a twice a day cleaning of the bathroom and shower in the room (and those areas were cleaned well).

The hotel really has a private beach right next to the pool area. There are sunbeds and umbrellas. We stayed in October so wasn't very busy. The outside pool area is nice, but in October the water was pretty cool. The pool bar in the water is very nice. The breakfast was varied and tasty. The restaurants are vegetarian friendly. The room (we stayed at the junior suite with an outdoor heated jacuzzi) was very nice. The bathroom and shower area new. The terrace itself had chairs and a small jacuzzi but it had very hot water which was really nice. The staff was very helpful and nice and knew English well. They helped us with everything we needed.

It was good
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

Buffet at dinner time was average, I was expecting more given the quality of the bar snacks we had the previous night. Service wasn't always great, had to wait long time to ask for teas / coffee at breakfast and drinks at dinner. Bar staff were attentive though

Extra touches in the room of water, coffee machine, fruit and wine were great

RIP OFF
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

OVERPRICED DISAPPOINTMENT. we got married in Larnaca and wanted to spoil our self with the best hotel in the area. we decided to stay at the golden bay hotel due to good reviews, shame on us. i would strongly suggest to stay away from this hotel to anyone, we are still surprised how this hotel has such good reviews. we booked Junior Suit with outdoor Jacuzzi for 332 euro a night for 4 nights (1328 euro's total). 1. reception didn't inform us about the luggage arrival (with wedding dress inside and we informed them how important that is). 2. i forgot my shirt in photographers car and she left it at the reception, thank god she messaged us that its there otherwise it would stay there. 2. room cleaning ? i mean it looked "clean" ,we had to wash the glasses and clean outside everyday although we requested to clean the room and balcony several times, should we not mention ants every where. 3. Jacuzzi was dirty and barely worked, we asked the staff to clean it.. and what a surprise it was still dirty when we came back, there was no water inside and glasses were still dirty, really ??? 4. Privacy... well .. where do i start... there were some sights of guests from our patio that i still see in my nightmares (other guests can view your balcony and Jacuzzi). 5. Fruit basket... on the last night they appeared somehow... magic ? i wish we would have read Alisa's review of the junior suite and book another hotel. We spoke with the manager to clarify what happened, we were offered compensation of late checkout(due to the fact that no one booked this room) or free meal, however our credit card was charged even before we checkout of the hotel. In conclusion.. this hotel doesn't live up to expectations (price, cleaning) and booking reviews.

Panikos.. you are one of the most positive people that we've met !!!!! Thank you for making us laugh all the way :)

I ve stayed there many times but I think this will be the last. Not worth the money I paid!
    • Advanced Purchase - Double Room with Side Sea View

The property is in need of refurbishement the rooms are very poor and my room was smelly I asked them to change me but they where fully booked The went in to clean the room again and I got some products and did it myself

Nice stay in a 4 stars hotel
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

All in all food was only 3 stars. We have a very sweet tooth, the same sweets and cakes every lunch and dinner was a disappointment, and quality was middle ranged. The main courses were without fantasy prepared, not really tasty. We were never hungry, I just have higher expectations for a 5 star hotel lunch and dinner buffet. Plenty of fruits there - but what should I do with a whole pineapple? Fruits should be served sliced, like kiwi or pinepple. Coctails are also middle ranged. As an all inclusive guest I felt like a secondary guest. For example at the beach bar we always got warm bottled water, paying guests got cold. I got cold water only when I specifically asked for.

Staff was nice and helpful. No waiting for tables at the restaurant. We loved the sunbed booking system, no worries about sunbeds for a week. Room comfortable, big enough. Mattress was really hard, but we could sleep surprisingly good. Hotel garden and beach is nicely equipped, clean. Clean beach towels every day. Nice gym.

Over all a very nice stay apart from the weekend which let it down.
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

On the weekend the hotel get extremely busy due to the locals coming in and taking the paying guests sun beds. The pool side bar you can get too because of them. Youre not ment to eat/drink/smoke in the pool and there are sign indicating this but the locals to not take any notice. Very dangerous because children are in the pool . When bringing this to the attention of the staff and "security" they were not bothered. As it turned out, security was given a back hander from the locals to let them in!!!.

Superb and relaxing

Food was not halal

This was my first experience with booking.com and I was a little skeptic at first but they did a superb job.Hotel was beautiful,staff was friendly and they upgraded our room at no cost.well done Booking.com and golden bay hotel.

Nice location
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Not all the staff friendly, but most of them are.

Situated on the beach, nice golf for the kids. Food was good and diversified, clean rooms. Markets and restaurants over the street.

Poor Larnaca
    • Double Room with Side Sea View - Disability Access

This once was a 5 star hotel. Today it's a 3,5 star hotel. Not really runned/maintained as should for a top hotel. Lack of money/management ? New kind of public ? Not to recommend. Public transport within reach but there's nothing to do in Larnaca. (dirty town/cheap restaurants ) Don't do Larnaca .

Sun, beach .

Over hyped, next door 4 star 'Lourdos' hotel better!
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

We have been visiting Larnaca every few years since 1990, never stayed at the Golden Bay until this year. Sadly we we have left feeling a bit disappointed. Very 'tired' 5 star Hotel felt more like a 4 star. The staff, with a few exceptions, were quite aloof and unfriendly. Fairly dated room decor and fittings, mediocre hotel food, mostly buffet options. The in-room tea and coffee provision only offered 'coffee' cream milk for tea instead of ordinary milk. In room toiletries were not of 5 star standard/quality. No advertising of any type promoting the country, local history or attractions. Would have expected a 5 star to offer at least an occasional shuttle bus to Larnaca Town center (15 mins away) given the lack of local entertainment.

We had adjoining rooms for 4 at the beach end of the hotel. They had a direct view overlooking the pool and beach, other rooms along the side only offer angled view. The pool and beach were excellent, good system of guests being allocated sunbeds and towels. 15 minute journey from the airport. 2 good tennis courts and comprehensive spa center. Room service food options and service good value and fast. Reliable, frequent and prompt local bus service to Larnaca centre.

Last minute reservations
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Thought the breakfast was not quite five star.

We were upgraded to a suite which was excellent. The beach was good and the parking was convenient for a disabled card holder

Not worth to money
    • Junior Suite With Private Outdoor Hot Tub

Let's start with that I waited almost 1 hour until my room will be ready, I arrived at 2:10pm, and got the keys to the room only at 3pm-the stuff just told me to wait all this time until the room will be ready. so why you write on your website and the email that I got when I booked the room that the check-in time is at 2pm? what was the most annoying thing, that when I asked if I can check-out the day after at 1pm instead 12am(1 hour later, the girl in the reception told me that it's impossible. I stayed at the junior suite room, which is the same like the rest of the rooms in the hotel just got a big balcony and a hot tub-which didn't work!!! which was very disappointing because this is the only reason I choose this room and paid more.

Staff were friendly and very welcoming, the location was...
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Some variation to the buffet on a day to day basis. The food was the same everyday.

Staff were friendly and very welcoming, the location was safe and easily accessible.

Very bad Experience
    • Advanced Purchase - Double Room with Side Sea View

Took us 2 hours to check-in because we didn't have our credit card, the staff were so rude and the manager is so unhelpful. A very bad experience all in all

Well, it is a nice hotel with good location, warm see and a...
    • Triple Room with Side Sea View (2 adults + 1 child)

Well, it is a nice hotel with good location, warm see and a sand beach. But the beach is not maintained to be clean enough. Minimum of 90% of guests are Russians, personnel (mainly in the restaurant) is not well trained for 5 stars hotel.

Browse Golden Bay Beach Hotel traveller photo gallery