Reviews of Larco Hotel 2 stars

Pontou str, P.O. Box 42318, 6533 Larnaka, Cyprus

#31 of 36 hotels in Larnaka

6.1

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

the staff are super friendly, and the location is amazing,...
    • Double or Twin Room

the fixtures are old and bathroom was not in good shape

the staff are super friendly, and the location is amazing, bus stop just outside the hotel and beach very near

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Adequate, but bound to be much better out there.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very tired hotel. Room was basic, bathroom was pretty shocking. A little out of way but only a 10/15 minute walk to front. Hole in wall where air conditioning unit had been replaced. Only there for one night and wasn't expecting anything fancy for the price I payed. Adequate but wouldn't want to spend more than a couple of nights there.

Good wi-fi, air conditioning unit in room, value for money

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

great to sleep only and then just ok
    • Double or Twin Room

The fact that no one spoke proper English or Greek - I had no idea it was completely Russian and old Russians who need to retire as none are happy to help or be there.

I like the fact that the whole place is right out of a time machine- 1970's to be exact- nothing is different. from wall fixtures to furniture- even the people.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Good price and near a nice strip of restaurants.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's a bit far from the centre (if that's a concern). The guy on reception when I arrived (at night) seemed very reluctant to help me and when I asked him to book a second night (as I had been directed to do via email) he wanted to make me wait and ask the staff the following day. I mean standard Greek service attitude to be honest but it's a big contrast to the helpful and friendly female staff on the desk the next day!

Good price and near a nice strip of restaurants. There is a woman on reception who was very helpful and organised everything.

Don't book
    • Quadruple Room

Basically run down hotel. The sparse furniture was old, walls dirty. Apartment lacked basic stuff like glasses, plates etc. Not clean. Location not very charming. breakfast offputting - entire family skipped it. Staff friendly enough

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Not as good as I hoped

The bath looked dirty the shower was hanging of the wall the shower curtain was dirty there was no plugs in Bath or sink the curtain at the windows was water damaged

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

• Double or Twin Room

They moved us to a different hotel that was outside of the city !! They only told us that when we arrived there. We are issuing a formal complain to Booking. Don't ever book there otherwise you will never be sure you will get a room!!!! They are not reliable !!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Great value
    • Double or Twin Room

It was fairly basic, however for the price it was great. Sunbed weren't very comfy but did the job and there were a lot of flies by the pool but I noticed there were a lot of flies in general in larnaca air con was very loud!

Staff were friendly, if a bit under staffed, pool was nice, big, pool area was offer quiet not very busy didn't have to fight for sunbeds. Bed was nice to sleep in air con was very cold.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport and...
    • Double or Twin Room

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport and offered 24hr check-in, but it wasn’t worth it. The area was run down and not somewhere I would ever feel safe or somewhere I want to be. The room was dirty, our bedding was stained, there was a lot of mould in the bathroom - so much so that we didn’t want to use the bathroom! The air conditioner unit looked as though it was about to fall off the wall and the room smelt of damp. The breakfast area was very unclean and not hygienic. There was smashed glass on the serving counter, old food left in the Bain-Marie and our cutlery was rusty. We checked out early and checked in to another hotel - staff weren’t even surprised that we were leaving and we found out we were the 2nd group to leave early that day.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It was the worst stay I have ever had at a hotel and would not suggest the hotel to anyone.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was in a very bad state, it needs a complete refurbishment. It did not even feel clean to have a quick shower in it. Also, in the morning ants started crawling up. Because of the bad state of the bathroom and the fact that it was not clean enough, we did not trust to have our breakfast there. So that was a night of no shower and a morning of no food at a hotel. I never before had a similar experience.

Provided a bed for the night for a good price, for my partner and I.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

We do not recommend this hotel to people who want to enjoy a decent week in Cyprus!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel is outdated, the rooms have old furniture, the doors are peeling off, the bathtub and the curtains are dirty, dust-bunnies on the floor, near the front terraces there are garbage bins that are collected once in a while and on hot nights you cannot enjoy the terrace because of the smell, the pool was not filtered, the pool chairs were old and some broken, dead bugs around the building. The food was plain and cheap. One night we were in the dinning room at 8 (mid-time dinner schedule) and there were no more fries. When asked if they can bring more, we were told that most people have dinner already and the cook will not make more fries for us, even though the dinner time was still on! We would not have stayed in this hotel if not paying the full week in advance, big mistake. For cheaper price, we had a better experience in Crete!

Liked to play with the cats!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good location but decrepit hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is in serious decrepit condition and badly needs refurbishing. The bathroom was especially appalling and looked dirty but was in fact just completely worn out. Our room had a small balcony but the balcony door did not lock - I mentioned it to the receptionist who just shrugged and said “eh, it’s Cyprus, there’s no risk” !!! Breakfast was quite varied but of average quality. Pool looked decrepit as well (some of the tiling had come off).

Good location, near the beach.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Unhygienic and old hotel

The room was a nightmare. very old and everything broken. stained dirty curtains, dusty furniture,broken doors,clogged toilet. worst place i ve ever seen in all my life. the bath was filthy and all scratched. they didnt even want to provide a toilet brush or send someone to unclog the toilet. i definitely do not recommend this hotel.

Breakfast was ok.

In need of a refurbishment.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff when we arrived were not rude, but they weren’t friendly either. The rooms are bare and the entire building is long overdue for a refurbishment. It is old and it shows.

The staff at reception in the morning were very helpful. The breakfast was reasonable and quite varied.

Location is not bad and swimming pool is fine
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The room was small. I booked one bedroom when we arrived and get the studio room :O staff said full booked I paid through online. Some furniture are broken

Location is not bad and swimming pool is fine

Nice but just needs updating then will be perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

Where do I start, the room, dusty floor dirty, the bath room was horrendous, cracked tiles everywhere , broken cracked bath, rust , broken sliding door, dirty toilet... shower head all full of limescale , shower curtain ripped and dirty, the swimming pool was like a pond, went green until they just pour chlorine in, they top it up with a hose, there was a black dirt rim all around the top of the pool, the sun beds all but a few are broken, flys around all the time and pottery all with dead flowers in...

I liked the look, but very basic and dated...breakfast was nice, staff nice, beds ok

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The breakfast was ok.
    • Double or Twin Room

The place was filthy. Not once in the whole week did we get sheets changed. Had to ask for clean towels. The bathroom was dreadful. The bath itself had no coating on it and the surroundings were full of mould. The bed was like sleeping on rocks and the pillows were in a disgusting state. One didn't even have a pillow case. The balcony was supposed to be for two. Well two matchsticks would have a problem fitting on it. Not at all suitable for people with trouble walking or using wheelchairs.Elderly German couple had to lift their wheelchair bound son up the steps with no help. I my self have trouble walking, no hand rails. The place is an accident waiting to happen. I realise it is two star but I wouldn't even give it one.

The breakfast was ok. Staff seemed friendly enough.

The hotel has a number of amenities, including a pool and a...

My room was very decrepit! It looked as if the whole facility was way past its "prime." It just hasn't been kept up.

The hotel has a number of amenities, including a pool and a bar. They also had a very complete breakfast buffet.

• Double or Twin Room

It’s really outdated. Needs renovating. Not even sure the standards are compliant. The bathroom really smelled. The shouldn’t advertise gym or sauna because it was not functionable

Location Parking Friendly staff Bed was comfortable Cheap and cheerful

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

• Double or Twin Room

Worst hotel ever. Not clean at all! Bed is not clean and very old. Old furniture! AC is very old and too loud! Can’t even sleep because of the noise. Bathroom is old and very dirty. Shower doesn’t work properly. I don’t recommend. This hotel should close.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

They have really good stuff, the hotel is located really...
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi isn’t working really good ((

They have really good stuff, the hotel is located really good area, have clean swimming pool and really delicious foods.

Stuff was nice
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very old and definetly needs renovation. Comfort of staying there was low. Everything was demaged,it was imossible to control AC. Breakfest quite poor. In the restaurant was extremly hot and was unplaisent smell. 20 minutes to center. I would recommend to pay extra and select nicer hotel.

Stuff was nice

Do not recommend unless that is the only option for sleeping in the room instead of beach.

Room and cleanness. The room was very dirty when I arrived, in particular bathroom and toilet were grey and dirty. The cleaning was awful: trash was taken away regularly, the floor was cleaned in some parts, but not washed, you could feel that sand is everywhere. Towels were not changed regularly, and bed sheets were not changed even once during 14-days stay. Every day, cleaning lady would open a balcony door during cleaning, and the hot air would be inside room, so it took 1-2 hours to cool the room down. The light in the room was poor - only one small light near the bed and one small light near the table, and dim light in bathroom. Food. Breakfast was poor (boiled eggs, fried eggs, beans, mushroom, sausages (probably from soya), bacon, bell pepper with spices, yogurt, tomato or cucumber [never together], canned corn, cereals, bread, powder-juice, water, tea and coffee). All products were very low-quality (I could not even drink tea as it was disgusting). Personnel. one day before my arrival I was called from hotel and informed that I will be relocated to another city. That was not in my plans. I asked to keep my original booking and was told that I will be notified additionally. No information was received. Upon my arrival, I was checked in. There were name scandals in the hotel, as other people were relocated without prior notification. On the fourth day, I was asked whether I good move into another room to live together with almost unknown lady from Belarus, because they needed a room and they saw that I communicated with her. In return proposed to make all-inclusive (add lunch and dinner and some drinks). After I refused the personnel were not happy. Personnel also needs to improve communication with customers, as the communication was too informal. Pool and hotel rules. According to hotel pool, the pool was open till 6 or 7 pm, yet there were cases when big companies would splash and shout near the pool at 10-11 pm.

Beach. The place is close to the sea (approx 6-7 min walk) and to the nearest beach (10-12 min walk). Air conditioner. There was an air conditioner in the room. Supermarket. Few minutes walk from the hotel there is a supermarket Petros, where you can buy fresh fruits and all the basic products. Bus stop. There is a bus stop (bus #425 from/to airport) just near the hotel.

After me and my friend arrived at Larco Hotel, the...
    • Double or Twin Room

After me and my friend arrived at Larco Hotel, the receptionist said the hotel is full and no rooms were available anymore and we will be sent to another hotel, Crown Resorts Henipa! First of all, the new hotel was situated at 8 km on the highway and the hotel staff did not mentioned this "aspect". After we arrived at Crown Resorts Henipa, we waited more that 1 hour to check in because the receptionist was not informed on our arrival. Second, the bathroom was in a very bad condition, with the ceiling swollen, dirty and cracked! The towels had a very bad smell and the shower curtain was extremely dirty! I was very disappointed on the accomodation and definitely not recommended for anyone.

The staff is kind and pretty.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathrooms are too old and they look dirty.

The staff is kind and pretty. They offered us a free transfer to Ayia Napa and a possibility to stay there for 2 nights on the same price and same conditions. The hotel "Flora Maria" in Ayia Napa was really good. Thanks for the free opportunity :)

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Nothing it is a HEALTH Hazard MOLD aim every Bathroom 🛀 beds...
    • Double or Twin Room

The place is so run down and a National Health Hazard and very unclean the lift can only take one person and a bag ot two ppl only the beds are old and like a rock the place is falling apart every were would not recommended as mold Can course major health issues to any one ☝️

Nothing it is a HEALTH Hazard MOLD aim every Bathroom 🛀 beds are 50 Years old 🛏

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Seriously you call this a hotel?
    • Double or Twin Room

Very old, very dirty, very...... if I had to choose between the camp I spend 2 years when I was in the army and this hotel I will choose the army.

Must admit the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Ok

Dirty non maintained room

The hotel is functional and is worth the amount charged but the rooms are dirty and have not been maintained very well . Our bath was stained brown on the white surface. There is no lighting in the halls. But for a one night stay close to the airport it provides what is expected

Very old room broken shower expensive

The room was very dusty no safe to keep your belongings breakfast was poor shower was broken ....expensive for what it is over priced even

Swimming pool was really good at hot summer nights.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Location is farther off from the city center. The hotel is outdated. Air conditioning does not have remote.

Swimming pool was really good at hot summer nights.

Rather poor, will not be returning to that hotel.
    • Standard Studio

Was unsafe hotel with power plugs hanging out and making zapping noise whenever even one phone was plugged in . Bathroom floor was broken but no one even taped the ceramic sharp edges .

One of the worst places I've been to.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom sink smells bad when the water is on. We had to wash our teeth and hands in the bathtub which has stains of old dirt in it. We took a bath in our slippers. Furnishing is very old (in style and in condition). One of our beds was not stable at all and was making noises all night. The service at the reception was not fast as one person had to be at the reception and the pool bar at the same time. I was waiting for a bottle of water for 20 minutes and it never came. The air condition control is not working so we were stuck sleeping in 22°C, freezing. The room only has 3 sockets and just the 2 of them were working. The balcony door was not locking, the room door was locking but it wasn't safe, even the slightest breeze would make it move and make noises. I also made a reservation of a second room for another friend, their door was not even unlocking, they couldn't get in the room they paid for, we called room service and they told us that it's an old building and we had to expect that. They needed to get him a new room. Lastly, our bedsheets were stained and dirty. Breakfast was included in my package but after all that we didn't even want to try it.

Dirty and dated hotel, would NOT return.

Horrible hotel! Very dated and very very dirty. Mold in bathrooms, pool tiles broken so too dangerous for my daughter to go in. Was a horrible weeks stay and even considered going home early. Instead we spend every day at another hotel to use the pool and facilities and just used larco to sleep (try and sleep) will never ever return.

Staff lovely

• Double or Twin Room

evevything.. I booked in larco hotel but when i went there i was told that it was full of the hotel .and would be in other hotel Henipa Crown hotel and more far. it was even worse. we woke up from the monts to the skin. the room and the bathroom are so old and there are molds everywhere. the breakfast was crap. everythimg else.

Great price and great breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great price and great breakfast. It was exactly what you’d expect. If you are looking for convenience, friendly staff and affordable accommodations...this is the place to go.

To go in this hotel only if you want to have all include.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We ordered one bedroom apartment and got quadruple room... they said that do not have empty one bedroom apartments, but in booking.com in the same minute they showed 3 empty one bedroom apartments. everything was very old and need renovation. Also cockroaches...

To go in this hotel only if you want to have all include. The food was simple but good, you can have ice cream near pool, drink beer, wine, local drinks and cocktails.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Ms
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was a bit old. They need to renew some stuff.

I really liked the staff. They were very helpful and friendly. I really recommend this hotel. We were very happy there with my daughter.

Average Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

A little bit tired. I believe they are going to refurbish

The staff were friendly, promoting us to go to Ayia Napa at The Cleopatra free transfers to and from the hotel. We went and had the most amazing time at The Cleopatra. I would like to promote the Cleopatra as its brilliant value for money with the staff going out of their way to help. Mustafa with his amazing cocktails and Laura on reception. The food at the Cleopatra was second to none and my daughter enjoyed every moment of her holiday. We want to come to The Cleopatra next year. Mustafa watch we will be back

Beware
    • Double or Twin Room

Larco was fully booked so I had to walk to a sister hotel (De Polo?) with baggage - I was assisted but not happy after a days traveling. Room very basic as was breakfast. Never again.

Staff helpful. Convenient for airport. Due to the booking problem, the hotel covered the taxi costs.

Great bang for your buck!
    • Double or Twin Room

To be honest for a 2 star hotel i can't complain about something. The minor issue we had it's that the toilet was liking whater from somewhere. And not to be picky or something but i think a little renovation wold be great for the hotel.

It was close to the sea, great prices, lovely personnel, if you ask they will pick you up from the airport with a charge of 15E. There is a pool but we didn't use it. The hotel has a bar and you can enjoy your drinks near the pool.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Nice experience

The wifi was very poor in room 315 we didn't even see the signal of the router i was going out of the room to have connection the bathroom wasn't so clean the furniture is old the hotel must be rennovated

Location staff breakfast were excellent even they made for us a an option transfer to an hotel in aya nappa with the same booking we went the last night it was really amazing

Staff was nice and accomodating.

The rooms are very old and basic. I was staying only for one night so I didn't bother too much but I wouldn't have like to spend more than one night there.

Staff was nice and accomodating. It is always nice to have a swimming pool in your hotel

A very hell!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked the service shuttle, but nobody was in the airport, I called the hotel e they said:"the driver doesn't respond..." so, I had to take a taxi after many calls to the hotel....they didn't find any solution for me and left me to the airport without a service that they said to have... the bathroom of the room wasn't clean, the bathtub was black and from the top dripped water with mold... an hell!!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

fully renovation needed.different approach of clients
    • Double or Twin Room

nothing to be liked.hotel needs urgent renovation as everything is very old,mega-used,non-functional-toillete,shower....not even that key had a proper keyring..we broke our pants with it.dirty swimming-pool.and a v personal remark:guys,never clean an whole flat with chlorine!!! we hardly check in with persistent after 1hrs waiting out-even if the hotel was informed about v early arriving,confirmed us also in the morning...still not check in before their fixed hrs.....anyway...broken by tired...we still couldn't lie on bed as the smell on that just cleaned flat-everywhere with very strong chlorine -didn't let us breathe...other 1hrs to refresh air inside. unexpected experience into all,unfortunately..we just survive there 1night

haaaarrdly found smth to like. personnel and breakfast.that's all :(

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

a nightmare THE STAFF WERE VERY GOOD
    • Double or Twin Room

nothing to like the bathroom was covered in mould the basin wouldnt drain loose wires in room the wooden balcony rail was rotten and pathed up with brackets it was waiting for an accident to happen the pool had tiles missing and uneven flooring round the pool and the water looked a very dark green we didnt even have a shower it was so bad and we had to wait until we joined the cruise ship the next day

This hotel should be closed down on health and safety and hygiene laws before an accident happens

A great place...
    • Double or Twin Room

-Respectful and friendly staff 😀 -great environment for holiday 😉 - all the things enlisted on booking.com were available, and if the reservation included airport transfer it was respected and professionally carried out!!!!

For one night very bad and will not use again
    • Double or Twin Room

See above with average room with expensive price and I would like a refund

The locality of the property was not central for business - the bathroom was disgusting - bath very badly worn, shower very bad, hot water took a long time to come through and toilet badly stained

Overall i was very happy with the hotel especially for the price, i would definitely stay again
    • Double or Twin Room

Check in was at 2 however our room wasn't ready until around 2.45, the tiles on the pool were a little dirty, the juice for breakfast was pure sugar, there was no goodbye at checkout, the lady just took our key and carried on talking to someone else

The bar lady was extremely friendly, which made up for aome staff which didn't make an amazing first impression, the bed was extremely comfortable, the free toiletries were great, good selection of drinks for the all inclusive, relaxing atmosphere, deep pool and good selection of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner and although we wasnt able to go straight to our room we still got to enjoy lunch and a drink in the meantime, the 24 hour reception was able to provide me with water in the middle of the night which was great

Generally the price/quality is OK.
    • Double or Twin Room

Coffee at breakfast is bad. Furniture is old. Noise from the street.

Generally the price/quality is OK. It's not fabulous, but it's 2**, and it's OK for this money. There are toiletries in the bathroom. The room was big and with a terrace. Breakfast is good, however coffee is not good. Hotel is in a walking 15 min distance from city center and from Mackenzie Beach.

great weekend trip

the shower in the bathroom was not very convenient: no glass /plastic walls, and the floor was always full of water.

excellent location: 5 min to the super-cool beach, 7 min from the airport by public bus, 1,5 eur per trip. plenty of tavernas along the seafront (my favorite is militzis with its keflico for 11 eur only!)

The pool was only positive thing about this hotel.
    • Standard Studio

Everything was really old, the beds was uncomofortable - the springs was standing out of them, some of the staff was very rude, overall the stay was like going in 30 years back ... Would not recommend.

Pool

The property needs renovation.
    • Double or Twin Room

The property needs renovation. The bath was dirty and even the ceiling of the bathroom needs renovation. The staff were not friendly as we were expecting them to be..

Terrible
    • Standard Studio

Our room was absolutely disgusting, the shower was so dirty I wouldn't even use it to wash my dog and then once you got the shower on you couldn't turn it off. There were also electrical cables hanging out in our room and holes in walls. When we complained to the staff they were very rude and not helpful and said they would move us rooms but we would then have to move rooms every day of our holiday. We asked to speak to the manager but after waiting for 30 minutes whilst the member of staff who was dealing with us, ignored us and continued checking in other guests and then eventually told us the manager was no available. I tried to get my money back straight after I seen the state of my room which the hotel said no. I complained to booking.com and all they would offer me is £30 back!! Absolutely disgusting!!

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in, dirty bathroom with...
    • Double or Twin Room

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in, dirty bathroom with rooms that haven't been updated in last 30 years terrible hotel would never recommend this to anyone

Stay was nice and good
    • Double or Twin Room

You can't change teperature of A/C. So it gets too cold or too hot.

Hotel is very good for this price. Food is fresh and tasty. Staff was always ready to help.

I stayed here for one night only, and while he staff were...
    • Double or Twin Room

I stayed here for one night only, and while he staff were lovely, and the breakfast was great, the bed was not. It’s as hard as a rock and so are the pillows.

People working there are incredible
    • Standard Studio

The furniture is old. The bathroom gives the impression that it's dirty, but actually is old. The furniture is old and smells like old furniture. The pool is not clean enough. Tiles are missing from the pool.

People working there are incredible

Pleasant holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

Small bathroom (for old people).

Yogurt! It's the major reason for my mum to come again to Larco.:-) Ok, seriously...my parents like this hotel (old, but ok, good room, meal, near to the sea,nice staff) from their first visit on 2015.

Location was fine.

It's just not that nice of a place. It's old, not too clean and just mediocre in general.

Location was fine. Right on bus route from airport. Not a long walk from beach.

Pictures on Booking.com are fake. No hot water, noisy, weary. Dirty bathroom.
    • Double or Twin Room

No hot shower. weary grey linen, dirty bathroom. No sound proof, road noise and drunken guests till late night Breakfast below average. Worst experience during Cyprus trip

Very noisy.

Very noisy. Cleaning staff and guests were prone to slamming doors when leaving rooms. If you’re a light sleeper, prepare for the clack of doors starting at 7:30 am and continuing without pattern of end until well past noon.

One friendly staff members
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool dirty and tiles cracked, Food basic, Paid for all inclusive but service rubbish, no ice creams, bar only open when lady not serving food in restaurant, reception bloke miserable, bathrooms horrid (definitely wouldn’t want to sit in Bath).

One friendly staff members

We like the food-it is so delicious.
    • Double or Twin Room

The terraces are small,bathrooms too.

We like the food-it is so delicious.Rooms are cleaned every day.The swimming pool also clean every day.Kastella Beach is the nearest beach.

The best price value ratio.
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit obsolete but clean place, moreover reconstruction will come soon. A bit far from the beach (10 min walk) and city center (20 min. walk).

The best price value ratio. Good all inclusive f&b. Polite and helpful staff. Quite place with good atmosphere. I could really recommend fore those who prefer value to luxury.

The staff was very nice, they help if you need information...
    • Double or Twin Room

It feels like an old abandoned hotel with current water.

The staff was very nice, they help if you need information or a shower after your check-out. Modest but tasty breakfast.

Very happy with the hotel and the friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

A little bit away from the main part of the town, but a lovely walk along the esplanade.

Friendly front desk staff. We were given a two bedroom apartment, with little kitchenette. A truly excellent breakfast!

Good location just two blocks from the harbor promenade.

Booked a single for two nights, but Larco had no rooms when I arrived a 1 am, though they knew about my late flight. They did find me a room at another hotel, and then moved me back for the second night. The room was very small and the bathroom badly needs renovating. The a/c had only two settings, on or off.

Good location just two blocks from the harbor promenade. And the little balcony caught the evening breezes well--it was the best part of the room.

Close to Airport, shabby place
    • Double or Twin Room

The Hotel looks rustic from the outside, which I liked but the rooms have lost their (maybe once) charm. Everything is pretty shabby and dusty and looks like some fixes are over due. I must have been lucky to get a special deal as I only paid 30 Euros for one night and for that price it was ok. However I understand that prizes range up to 69 Euro a night what imo would be way over prized for what you will get. The staff only provided the most needed attention and friendliness to customers. I did not have the impression they actually do love what they do.

I've chosen the Hotel for its location close to the airport as I just wanted to stay one night and go back to the airport the next noon. For that it was great.

We will never stay in this hotel again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Very old hotel. Horrible rooms. Very outdated. Our children were afraid to stay and sleep in a room we were placed in. We had to complain and asked for a different room. We were asked to pay €25 for airport transfer even if the booking.com stated the hotel provides free hotel transfer for guests staying 7 and more days. When we spoke to the receptionist 3 times - she said she needed to speak to the person who provided transport even if he was contracting for the hotel. The only good thing about our stay was the room was being properly cleaned daily by hard working staff. Ps. The pictures attached were from the new room we were offered so you can imagine the one we had to stay in for the first night.

Location - close to city

Fairly nice place for reasonable price, with great bunch of facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

Soups. They could be done better. Overall the hotel is dated and could do great with refurbishment, but again nothing we would not expect when booking this place as it was priced acordingly. 55€ a night half board for 2 people, can not expect any luxury.

We went half board and both breakfast and dinner had been served buffet style. Replenishing was amazing, there was nothing missing all the time and we went away with full stomach everytime throughout our 4 nights stay. Great value for the money. Hotel let us use shower in sauna on the last day after we checked out and went to the beach for the day before we flown away on our delayed flight :-). Hotel is ideally located half way between two major beaches in Larnaca one in town center and one by the airport. Public bus 425 directly from the airport every 30 minutes for €1,50 single ticket. Bus ride is only 6 mins. Polite staff in the hotel, apart not happy to be there look Petya.

The stuff was very helpful in everything, starting from...
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Rooms old fashioned, furniture old, bathroom having wall tiles badly put. Some tiles was also missing in the pool (that is not visible in the pictures :)). It looks like there were no investments performed in the last 15-20 years in furniture and decorations. The refrigerator was very noisy. Having this, the price was a bit high

The stuff was very helpful in everything, starting from hotel needs to explaining and guiding us how to find different tourist attractions in the city, always smiling :)

Only for one night and no more.
    • Double or Twin Room

Old and dirty bathroom. The flushing system wasn't working in the toilet. The bathroom room needs major repairs !

The bed is comforable. The staff is very helpful and with a sense of humor :)

One night was too much. Won't come back
    • Double or Twin Room

- absolutely disagreeable and unfriendly "responsible/manager" the day of our arrival. Very nice and pleasant woman at the reception though (her smile compensated the awful behavior of the guy) - breakfast limited and not really tasty - old and worn out hotel, same for the room and the bathroom - stuffy odor in the kitchen cupboards and drawers... Items not all clean... - kitchen wit only a fridge, a kettle, and electric hotplate

+ close to the airport + large terrace (no privacy though) + big room but with old furniture

Not recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi is very poor! Didn't work at all!! And they change towels every two days instead every day. We were in the beach every day and couldn't take a shower because they left the dirty towels on the floor and didn't give new. The bed is poor and uncomfortable. We don't recommended on this place. Although Claudiya was very kind the whole experience from this place was the worst we ever had.

The stuff very helpful, the pool very nice and clean, breakfast was good

Never again!
    • Quadruple Room

Absolutely disgusting, Beds not made up since last departures. Stains on sheets. Dirty floor and bathroom with brown stains. Air conditioner kept us awake all night!

Browse Larco Hotel traveller photo gallery