Reviews of Livadhiotis City Hotel 2 stars

Nikolaou Rossou 50, 6021 Larnaka, Cyprus

#13 of 33 hotels in Larnaka

• Twin Room - Disability Access

The bathroom is tiny, and the shower in my room was broken. Pillows very uncomfortable. My room had a tiny window facing onto some back housekeeping court - a very unpleasant view, I kept the curtains closed all the time.

The hotel has a comfy, welcoming ambience, a nicely decorated lobby, pleasant and helpful staff. Located steps to the beach boardwalk and amenities, in a nice area with lots of shops and restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good, but could be more various.

The location was excellent. The coffee in the room was super. We got breakfast boxes when we were going to Nicosia early in the morning. Clean towels every day.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a bit dated, and the bathroom could have been more hygienic.

The hotel is situated at the nicest location of Larnaca. With the beach at walking distance, quaint little shops and romantic streets.

• Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning kept falling for 2 days. Night staff not helpful Breakfast not great Parking not private or secure

The location was excellent The price The room size

• Suite

Uncomfortable pillows, no water, tissues or conditioner supplied, tired towels, expected better when booking a suite. Air conditioner leaked intermittently onto timber floor.

Sized of the room, which we paid for.

• Double or Twin Room

A bit stressful finding a place to park. Breakfast good but not the orange squash! Yuck! At least juice from concentrate should be possible in a country where oranges are cheap and plentiful.

Comfortable, good location. We could see Agios Lazarus from our balcony although not a direct view. Nice to have a kettle in the room and an iron. Comfortable bed.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location, friendly staff, small but comfortable rooms, the whole hotel is not new but still very nice. Free and good WiFi, would totally recommend if you want to stay not far from the sea and in the city center at the same time. The church is next to the hotel, too.

The bed was hard.

The location of this hotel is excellent, it is located right in the heart of the charming old part of town, right next to the famous St: Lazarus church, and you have cozy cafés and restaurants on all sides, plus you are only a few meters away from the beach, even though you cannot see it from the hotel. With a little upgrade from its dated look and more attention to decor this could be a really great little hotel. They have a pleasant outdoor restaurant with good food. Bonus: the wifi was super fast and there was a balcony.

• Twin Room - Disability Access

This hotel is a risk, for me it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. There was no hot water until 10:19am. This is not acceptible for any travellers let alone for business travellers. Staff were not at all sympathetic and were reluctant to refund the remainder of my stay despite me moving to another hotel. If you dont mind risking things like this happening then it's a bed for the night but that's all it is. You would be better off with Air BnB in my opinion.

• Double or Twin Room

No comfort! My AC wasn’t working! I have to change 3 times until they offer a decent shower! I saw black marks at the tub. Towels are the worst quality and bed was really unconfortable. The staff wasn’t really welcoming. Breakfast - bed quality, nothing fresh but apples

Just a good location! Nothing else

• Double or Twin Room

4.5 Euros capuccino shocked me. The rooms are very noisy, I used to have somebody coming back home late night and he woke me up 2 times in the 2 nights spent there.

Location and staff are a plus. You can see the sea from 3rd and 4th floor.

My cold shower.

I received a warm welcome when I arrived at almost 1AM. This was welcome as the car I had pre-booked via Booking.com did not show up at the airport (unfortunately there is nowhere that I can leave feedback on this but suffice to say, I won't be using this service again -- and if Booking.com doesn't respond to my email, I won't be using them either). My room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was generous. A serious drawback was the lack of hot water in the room. At first they tried to fix it, half an hour passed and I enquired about another room. Finally I bit the bullet and took a cold shower.

Bathroom cramped Ants in shower Worn flooring in room

Great location near to beach bars and restaurants Modern & fresh feel Good sized rooms Balcony Independent efficient aircon Powerful, consistent shower Free WiFi in room

We booked a triple room and paid 100€. I think it wasn’t a very good value for money, it was a bit expensive in comparison to the room we got. The toilette and the shower were really small in space area for a triple bedroom. I did not expect such a shower after I paid 100€. The light in the room is very weak. The ceiling in the room 201 was old.

Location is good. Wifi connection is good. Beds are comfy. Breakfast is fine and varied. Staff are helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Room had adjoining door to next room along - wasnt told about this and we couldnt be moved to an alternative room as hotel fully booked! Patio door locks (to balcony) broken so room was never secure. Still wasnt repaired when we left - suspect it must have been like this for weeks/months/years!!!??? Extractor fan not working in bathroom! Laminate flooring badly in need of renewing! Decided to stay in the room as it faced the back of the hotel, away from the noise of the traffic on two sides of the hotel!

Location excellent. Good breakfast with good coffee. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good wifi in the room with no problems - fast enough for everything we needed! Free personal safe in room (which was needed - see what we didnt like) Plenty of parking for hire car.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking Saturday night was a nightmare. No on-street places anywhere. Receptionist helpfully pointed us to an inner market courtyard, which we'd never have found for ourselves, just a few paces away, but very dense and tight parking indeed. Our rental car got an expensive scrape some time overnight from a clumsy (anonymous) driver. You can see by the cars that Cypriot drivers can be quite casual about denting and leaving. No bath plug in tub.

City centre location, close to Larnaca's attractions (which we found a bit mixed - downmarket of our tastes). 24 hour reception a boon. Excellent value for money at less than £60 for 1 night, breakfast included. Beds comfortable, decent room, well-kept public areas.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast, but enough restaurants around to have breakfast.

Fancy Hotel in the middle of the town. From the airport about 12 Euros. Nice rooms. Great shops around the hotel. Beach in 4 minutes walking distance. I will book again this hotel if I go back one day.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed is not very comfortable and there is no soundproofing. The electrical box is also very noisy.

Close to the beach and city center, value for money. There is also a balcony, on upper floors with possibility of sea view.

• Double or Twin Room

Shower was a 'wet room'. Since drain was blocked the entire bathroom flooded after every use. I complained after the first night but the problem was not fixed.

Good sized room with sea view from my balcony. Convenient location just off the busy main promenade, 2 minutes walk from the beach. Excellent Wifi connection, good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

When checking in, we didn't get the room that we wanted (double). Upon request, the hotel moved us to another room with a double bed, however, there was a lot of noisy from the aircon and switches. In addition, there was also a leak from the air con, and therefore also a mouldy smell. The next day we requested to change room again and got a suite, which was very nice. There is quite a big difference in quality of rooms (suite/non-suite) The breakfast was a buffet - not delicious but adequate.

The hotel is only 2 minute's walk from the beach in the city centre, and there are many bars and restaurants in the area (however not close enough to create noise at night!). The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The towels in the bathroom smelt of bleach (but at least you know that they are clean). We would have liked more fruit options for breakfast.

We really loved this hotel. It definitely did not feel like a 2 star hotel. The room was large and very nicely decorated, the bed was really comfortable. We liked that we had a balcony. The bathroom was large and very clean. The airconditioning worked really well. Breakfast was good, with almost everything we needed. There is a hair dryer in the room, iron and ironing boards and coffee making utensils. Although the hotel is not on the main road it is only 100 metres away from the beach.

• Double or Twin Room

Receptionist did not acknowledge us on arrival continued conversation with other staff, but once gave us attention was ok

We had to get a taxi from the airport, we were pleased to be in city centre. Hotel staff were friendly, the room was comfortable, very quiet, a good nights sleep.

• Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast. Problem with door passcard and the man that was there he was not helpful.

Good location, Comfortable room! Our room have everything that you need. Free wifi.

The location is great near saint lazarus church, a lot of bars and restaurants. 3 minutes walk from the beach. the staff is very friendly. we arrived at the hotel at 01:00 am and realised that we don't have electrical socket adaptor, we asked a very nice man from the reception where can we buy one in the morning but he gave us an adaptor he had and told us we can use it until the end of our stay. breakfast repeats itself every day but preety good. rooms are clean.

• Double or Twin Room

I would prefer room with view

Top location friendly staff specially catrina so nice and very helpful, v good breakfast with variaty i would recommend this hotel to anyone want to enjoy his vacation

Parking is limited to about 6 or 7 cars depending on how considerately others park - there is a car park 100m away for €2 all day but a bit far to schlepp luggage

Lounge bar well appointed and playing cool piano music - nice buffet breakfast Good lunch menu offers at €9 for three courses

• Twin Room - Disability Access

Reception staff very friendly. We were only transmitting so one night only.

Eggs over cooked & only a few out out at a time. Bacon all lumped together, all hot food not very hot. Had to wait for cutlery which made our food even colder. Shame as this could be rectified quickly with staff taking note!!

Horrible management Air conditioner did broken and we couldn't sleep during the night so we asked them kindly to fix it in the morning but they ignored our ask so we had to ask again next day.They fixed it afterwards but they were very unconcerned about it. We paid a lot for the hotel and we were not happy at all with the receptionist behaviour.

• Double or Twin Room

I book a single room and ask for one double bed , they gave me one room with three single small beds !!! Difficult to find parking space .

Great location , good value for money , nice and clean hotel .

• Double or Twin Room

It's a 4 stars hotel pretending to only have 2 stars:). Awesome location near the sea and the old center of the town, friendly staff, perfectly positioned to travel around the island.

• Double or Twin Room

For a short stay, there was nothing that i didn't like.

Clean room and helpful staff. Breakfast was tasty and the variety they had was perfect. If you're staying for a couple of nights, i would recommend this place, especially being in the center of anything you'd want, from shops to restaurants and cafes and it's 5 minutes walk to the Finikoudes promenade.

• Double or Twin Room

The prices at the hotel bar, the juices served at breakfast

Excellent location in the centrer, excellent view, very clean room, very comfortale bed, very helpfull staff

Triple room 211 did not have balcony, as specified on Booking site. I don't want to blame anyone, but either Booking.com or Livadhiotis Hotel should update this info.

Hotel location is excellent - at a walking distance (under 5 min.) from Finikoudes beach and under 10 min. walk from main bus stop where bus 425 to Larnaca Airport or buses to other cities like Nicosia or Limassol can be taken ; buffet breakfast is plenty with various options, including fruits, sweets, cereals, vegetables, ham, eggs, tea, coffee etc. ; reception staff is very kind and willing to help and enjoy time spent here ; room kettle was also a pleasant surprise. Many thanks to everyone !

• Double or Twin Room

only 2 non-alcoholic cocktails. Breakfast was poor, phone in room did not work, A/C failed on hottest night of the year, later found out someone had turned it off, but as the internal phone did not work, I could not call reception.

Staff were welcoming

Absolutely nothing

Fabulous Hotel very friendly and helpful staff. In a great location with only a short walk to the beach front. Will be returning soon and will be taking my family with me.

Perfect location, right next to the Saint Lazarus church and beach. Easy to get around, short walk to the beach, small shops around. The facilities were nice, comfy room with nice bathroom.

• Double or Twin Room

Room service/ cleanliness could be improved. Could have a wider variety of food for breakfast. Didn't have water in the room

Breakfast was very tasty 😋 People very cooperative 😍 Overall customer service was good 😊

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Bed cover and curtains looked a bit tired, but room was very clean. Room a bit on the small side,but ok for a few nights.

Great location for a few days, very clean. Staff extremely helpful. Every thing provided for an excellent buffet breakfast. Best value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast that one can take as a takeaway was irrelevant for us and ended up, unfortunately, unused.

Rooms are clean, one time it was a basic room, another time we had a nicer bigger one. Having a receptionist 24/7 is helpful and convenient while arriving at a late flight to Larnaca, or if checking out early morning. The hotel is close to the city-life/night-life, and if we knew in advance we would have taken 2 nights in a row, and enjoyed the city. Breakfast was simple and ok.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The basin tap was loose in its fitting on the basin. The shower head was so lightweight that any sort of water pressure sent it spinning and spraying water all around the room!

• Double or Twin Room

I cannot find any Ching to complain about . Although Livadiotis city hotel is right on the centre we never had disturbed sleep.

I stayed at this hotel before when it was apartments. It has since been revamped. No expense has been spared, no corners cut. Myself and my daughter in law had a relaxing and comfortable stay. I'm hoping for a winter break in 2018 at Livadiotis city hotel

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Asked for a double bed, but as it was probably not available, got a room with 2 single beds, I found each of them quite narrow for my size.

Location, Cleanliness, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Suite

AC didn't work properly. only after constant nagging to the stuff. they got it to work a little bit. there were a lot of ants running around. the wifi was poor.

Great local, nice breakfast. the room is pretty large (the suite)

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Old rooms, ours had only to small windows, bathroom was not renovated, smelly room. Ask for wifi, they'll give you a device to plug in, but no previous information.

Location : proximity to a beautiful church and animated area Breakfast Bar

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I stay there twice with a difference of 4 days. In the first time I forgot a new bathing suit in the bathroom and thought I would get it back 3 days later. Well, when I got there for the second time (3 days later) they told me it was throwned away. they didn't wait not even a week to allow the client to notice he / she had forgotten something at the hotel. I was not pleased since it was a new and expensive bathing suit. Internet didn't work in the rooms. Only at the lobby.

Near the beach

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast buffet is impressing and includes most of the things you could think of. Still there is room for improvement. For instance by offering something new now and then for people staying several nights. Many guests would also certainly appreciate more kinds of fruit than just apples.

Well situated. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Twin Room - Disability Access

Room full of ants air-conditioning not working .i asked the staff regarding ants she answered im sorry but this is all cyprus problem.... what an answer. Matrass needs immediate changing springs hit ur back .worst hotel i have ever been too im sorry but thats the 100% truth .i even asked to pay diffrence and change the room she gave me a room like a prision cell not even a window.i refused

Location only

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

i only didn't like the fact that we didn't have access to WiFi in our rooms.

we arrived to our hotel late at night, i loved how it was lit up all blue. the receptionist speaks English, and helpful. we stayed for 2 nights at the hotel, the room was big and very clean. the breakfast was very tasty also, and the hotel is just 5 minutes walk from the beach.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Very clean hotel with everything we required for one night stay. Staff helpful and room was well equipped. Breakfast had lots of choice and very relaxed environment. Only stayed one night after arriving late at Larnaca airport, good value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

Very few... If I had to search for, I will say only some details like clothes iron which, if it's well provided in room, has an EU connection (and every electric plugs in room are UK-type) or the noisy fridge ... Otherwise, it was perfect.

Very good location. Room was clean and air-conditionning was working perfectly. Staff at reception helped me to reserve some excursions which were also nice

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

As its near the see, we had lots of mosquitos in the room. Bed is hard, I prefer a bit softer.

Lovely hotel, perfect to walk along the city and beach. A lot restaurants and cafes near by. Clean and comfortable (only the bed could be a bit softer). Good wifi and parking place in front.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms already need some renovations or repairs

The staff are friendly and helpful as usually... Cleanliness is excellent, breakfasts are good and quite enough. Perfect location, close to the sea and all cafes and restaurants

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Wifi very slow in the room and the breakfast seating area quite crowded.

A good location near the beach and airport. Friendly staff and nice food in cafe Blu the hotel bar.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No wifi in rooms even thought online websites say they do... the cafe blu closes too early ...this is high season and it closes at 10 no cool

The rooms are nice and comfy...location amazing ... staff are friendly

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The Hotel looks and feels new. Really excellent value and perfect location. Fully equipped room with all the extras travellers want to find. Wide range of options from the buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Instead of spaghetti carbonara we had served it with bolonaise sauce. But may have been a misunderstanding.

Kindness of entire staff-thank you for alll the cooperation.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Twin Room - Disability Access

I am sorry. .It is my fault entirely. I am not used to such basic amenities since I turne4d 70. At 84 I found it all a bit primitive. Sorry, My fault.

• Double or Twin Room

Difficult to park the car.

A modern Hotel in an area of the PAST. Beautiful with Church of Saint Lazarus around the corner.

Location & good breakfast

Everything was very good!

Parking

Location, price, room, bathroom, breakfast, bar, good Long Island

• Double or Twin Room

No breakfast variety, no tissues or clean towels for the next day, minibar was empty, ac was broken.

The location is perfect!

• Double or Twin Room

Aweful breakfast, noisy at nights (from street), bathtub without plug, shower head broken

very spacious room

• Double or Twin Room

the hotel has beautiful balconies

Some of the towels although clean looked very tired.

Great location in the old town of Larnaca and close to phinikoudes (beach).

• Double or Twin Room

Convenient for the airport and the town.

Noise outside.

Very good location.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are spacious, clean and modern.

• Double or Twin Room

not enough variety for breakfast

room size was good

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast area was very small and too busy

• Double or Twin Room

Limited Breakfast buffet variety, no waiters, buffet refill upon request

Prime Location, car parking, the renovated rooms,

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was just great, me and my wife had a very good time.

Browse Livadhiotis City Hotel traveller photo gallery