Reviews of Akcent hotel 3 stars

Stroupeznického 1, Prague, 150 00, Czech Republic

#137 of 612 hotels in Prague

This place wad fantastic! Room and bathroom were huge, tidy, and very personalised. Even had a tag to say who had cleaned your room. Breakfast was great. Check in and out was easy even though we arrived very late and left early morning. Room had all the facilities you could think of and was a very pleasant stay. Located right next to the metro, and close to plenty of Czech and other restaurants, as well as the local supermarket. I would definitely stay here again!

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

A little oldish inside, especially bathrom

Very big rooms, nice staff (not all of them, but staff at reception extra nice), good breakfast, very good connections to city center (trams and metro)

Room did not have balcony as promised on booking document. Restaurant closed far too early (17:00) for this function to be useful. Bed cover and pillow was adequate but not very comfortable.

The breakfast was very good, staff were polite and friendly . Location right next to Metro was extremely useful.

There are steps in entrance, which makes it hard for buggy or wheelchair carrier.

Good access to metro and bus stop. Good break fast. Pot and cafe in the room.

There wasn't anything I can complain of. Haha

The room I stayed was totally exactly same as shown in the photograph! The staffs were kind and they were doing their best in order to make guests feel comfortable. Plus, the breakfast... I was really satisfied with it! From my point of view, the breakfast menu and quantity was enough! Most of all!!! I actually forgot to bring my passport because I left it in my room... But one very kind staff helped me to get my passport back again by sending the passport through post office and fortunately!!! I received it!!! Thank you so much for your kindness and I won't forget this accommodation for the rest of my life haha :)

Hotel to expensive for what it is! Towels are awful. Room was very clean. Facility is run down. Lobby very run down and not inviting. Further away from Old town than described.

I arrived late in the night and the AC was not working. The lady from the reception told that it was only for heating and that was not for cooling. The day after everything was OK.

Huge room with balcony.

The rooms are situated just under the building’s roof, so it gets quite hot in there but the air-con solves it out with no problem.

Amazing view of Prague from the 6th floor, where the rooms are located. A 4-star hotel experience.

The location of the hotel is great! It's surrounded by metro, bus and tram stops, so transportation is never a problem in the city. You can also take the buses to Cesky Krumlov and some other places in front of the hotel. I like walking, so I have walked to everywhere even at night as the hotel is close to the Charles Bridge and the Old Town (2-3 km). The staff is very friendly and helpful. The wifi quality and the breakfast is awesome.

Very thin walls between the rooms. You literally feel how the headboard of the bed of your "too passionate" neighbors couple beats your bed across the wall.

Friendly hotel personnel, room was very clean and the breakfast was really tasty.

The exterior of the hotel looked drab and the floor in the reception could do with smartening up. The hotel is not right for honeymooners but excellent for tourists and business people.

There were no croissants! I liked the cleanliness and that there was everything one could need. It was great to have the air conditioning as it was a hot early May.

Hotel is basically top (6th) floor of a student dorm. Reception area is really basic, with locked toilets, so you have to ask for the key at the reception to do your thing. Breakfast was really the low point of our stay. The restaurant where it is served in the ground floor looks and feels so cheap, hotel owner (i guess) walks his dog around, rude staff, basic food, etc.

If anything, the room was big and clean. Noisy, but bright. There was a mini bar, safe deposit, big bathroom. The other convenient thing is that Metro station is literary in front of the hotel entrance. Smichov also offers good connections with trams. There is a big shopping mall few hundred meters from hotel, and you can catch a movie in nearby Cinestar cinema.

Shower head didn't stay up so had to hold it while showering. Bedsheets had holes in them. Food in the restaurant downstairs was microwave food and powder mush potato.

Very friendly staff with good knowledge of English and the balcony.

In the room electricity sockets for the tv are put very low on wall .Dangerous for small children who crawling and pull off all cables .!

I have very comfy room ,big and specious.

The breakfast.

The staff is friendly and helpful, the size of the room is excellent and the view from the room is very good.It has a nice balcony. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

We had 2 nights. Not upon arrival but first morning guy at reception asked me to pay. No I am in a hurry. Returning back at 4 pm or so, I was standing at the elevater, he stood after me, you should pay, no when I come down...He phoned me on the room-phone half an hour later, you should come down to pay. WHAT?? We still had one night. I was there on business with 2 colleagues - they new my business card number - and we are not criminals!!! One wall is fully glass. The dark curtain is just zero. There is strong light through it for the whole night even if it is on the 6th (officially 7th, ground floor is 1st). I could not sleep.

Steps inside door a bit of a nuisance with buggy. An alternative entrance would be handy for buggies / wheelchairs users. No plug in sink. Would have been handy for washing baby stuff. Had to buy a plastic bowl.

Food excellent, staff helpful, good location, large comfortable room, supplied baby cot.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

We ordered a parking for 13 EUR a day, but the receptionist did not precisely specified which parking should I use (there are 3 just to next to each other). In a morning they told me that I have to pay again so I paid twice.

Great service - we just submit that we are coming with our 1 y.o. son and they automatically prepared bed for him + get ready sofa for me. Wonderful breakfast, great location and huge terrace surrounding the whole appartment. In this case we enjoyed a lot to pay a bit more (70 EUR per night instead of 55), but for this price you get very cozy and spacious room with a great view (breakfast included)

Noisey at 5.30am when buses in square started. Shower hose got in the way when using it fixed in one place

Room was lovely and large and warm with opening doors and window to allow for fresh air. It was light and spacious and the view was lovely

We arrived at 3.30 in the morning as our flight was delayed. I had already informed them that it would be after midnight. However, when we arrived we were greeted with I have just cancelled your room and a rather grumpy receptionist who seemed as though he was really being put out. Not what you want after a long journey. On the second day we were asked to pay the bill!! I paid when we ended our trip 4 days later and then they tried to charge us for the coffee and tea we had in the room saying it was extra!! A couple of the days it hadn’t been topped up so we had to ask reception for sachets . Needless to say I refused to pay as the details say coffee and tea is supplied as part of the service. Overall the staff could have been more friendly rather than curt.

The location was great for public transport. The room was spacious and clean

The room was very small, there wasn't enough place for the bedside table.

We enjoyed the facilities of the room, escpecially the electric kettle, and the wi-fi. The metro station is close and many tram lines are around.

No English channels in TV, No iron board and box. Prefer queen bed rather than 2 twin beds together. Availability of Gym would be great.

Value for money and location. Its very close to public transportation and well connected to all attractions. Very good continental breakfast. Nice staff. Excellent and safe balcony with nice city view. Parking is 50 mtrs close at reasonable price.

The room was dirty the balcony was a ledge the staff were rude and food was terrible, it looked more like a prison than a hotel

There was little to like about this hotel

In my room the heater knobs were missing - the heaters were cold in the evening and I couldn't turn it on. The space between the mattresses was very uncomfortable.

Very good breakfast, nice clean rooms, during the weekend relatively quiet location, but couldn't sleep with the windows open. Approx. 30 minutes walking distance to the center.

Excellent location - metro station just at front of the building, big choice of restaurants, supermarkets and cafe around. Hotel is just in 30 minutes walking distance from the city center. Room is clean, well furnished and has a big terrace. Great choice from minibar.

That we couldn’t have a shower in the morning of us leaving due to having no water. Also not many English tv so we were bored and resorted to watching football on my partners phone

The hotel staff were very friendly. The room was amazing the mini bar topped it off. The bathroom was amazing in size and the food was lovely at lunch.

room near to street and litle bit noisy.

Very lovely hotel if u need to take the shuttle bus to cesky krumlov as bus station is just neary by. Bf is nice.price is competative.

I book this hotel every single time I travel to Prague. It's always good, everything's perfect, including location (direct public bus from airport), price and comfortable rooms.

We liked everything. This is our second visit to the hotel in two months. We will return to the beautiful Prague city and, of course, we will again stay at this hotel. Metro stop is right next to the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and is soundproof, warm and well equipped. Breakfast is excellent, staff is friendly, parking is secured, the check-in and check-out process is simple and quick.

My only concern was the pillows. There only soft pillow in the hotel. But it is not a big deal.

Super clean and comfortable especially comparing the price . Before I arrive, my only concern is not to be sure whether the hotel is far from the city center or not. I know it is by the subway station but I prefer walking in order to discover the city. And it is definetly close to main attraction. It takes only 25 minutes by walk to reach the main street.

• Executive Room

There is only one lift, but this hotel is too big)))

The hosts are friendly. The exchange rate is good & without commission! The room with view is so big, beautiful & comfortable! Here is near by the bus stop and very close to metro station, very convenient! There are so many restaurants and coffee shops near by here!

The room was very well equipped and comfortable. Bathroom was exceptionally clean. There were very nice people at the reception desk. Breakfast was awesome Also very well equipped minibar in the hotel room was a great advantage. The Metro station Andel is right in front of the hotel entrance. :))

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

I stayed there with family (My wife, child aged 7 years, infant aged 09 months and me) in akcent hotel. My opinion: Not expensive (we paid 64 Euros for one night); Approximately 100 metres from International Bus Terminal; 240 CZK taxi fare from the train station; 05 metres from metro station; clean room and washroom; separate beds for the infant and child; friendly staff; 05 minutes walking from a shopping centre; lots of restaurants, eateries and pubs in the vicinity and decent currency conversion in the reception. Please enjoy a dinner at Staropramen Brewery restaurant 250 metres away from the hotel...

The restaurant staff was rude! I found a butter with MOLD and i gave it to a lady there and she didn t even apologize, she simply turned her back on me and said nothing! I hope that the butter was the only thing that was bad!

The room was big

• Executive Room

Very long corridors had to walk very long distance every time. Staff was friendly, except for the person who made our check out. Breakfast was very average, bread was mouldy on the first day. We ate breakfast outside the other days. Based on the ratings, we expected something better.

Good location easy to access the central station, clean, big room, good wifi.

The location is perfect, just right next to the bus station that I need to take to another place. They provide free rich breakfast which is excellent!

there’s a small stairs after getting in the hotel so you need to deliver a luggage by yourself. It’s just five or six stairs though, it might be difficult for travellers who bring heavy luggages with them.

location is very good if you plan to go to Cesky Kromlov because there is a bus station right in front of the hotel. Breakfast is also great and staff are kind.

We liked everything. Location, metro station in front of the hotel, close to the shopping center. About 40 min. from the center of the old town if you love walking, friendly hotel staff, fast check-in and check-out, good parking at reasonable price, comfortable and clean rooms, good breakfast.

They charge for everything, including your usually free hotel soap/shampoo, even sugar in the room. It's not expensive (prices range from 30 to 1kc) and hardly makes them any profit, but seems a bit cheap since you already payed for a room.

Great location, nice rooms and friendly staff

The hotel is situated close to tramway so there is a little bit noise during the night for somebody with light sleep.

pleasant and helpful hotel staff a good position of the hotel (a short distance to the shopping mall, a subway stop directly in front of the hotel) the suite we got was gorgeous (spacious, with a balkon, a full minibar, possibility to make tea or coffee) a rich breakfast in the hotel restaurant

The hotel is not clean, the lift especially is very dirty. The balcony is purely horrible, dirty, not set up for spending some time there. Don't expect high quality from this hotel cause you won't get it, it is not Germany or France or etc. Just expect an ex communist city with an amazing center .

Decent hotel placed quite well within walking distance to all the important things to visit. Varied breakfast but not high quality, only local products. Go to the Italian restaurant Pepe Nero in the center opposite intercontinental hotel, amazing food, amazing service

the receptionists are all very friendly, the staff in the restaurant is kind of cold - but that was ok for us

modern, very spacious room; big bathroom; big windows in the room; perfectly located directly at the metro station; quiet inside the hotel and not much noise from the outside, because all rooms are on the 6th floor

Too far from sights. Website said 15 min to hotel from train, yah if you take the subway. But not explained clearly on website Some good staff but most front end staff not helpful at all.

The TV in the room was not postioned where it could be watched from the bed also it was pisitioned too high on the wall.

Room was spacious clean with modern decorand stocked fridge. Staff were helpful and patient. The location of the hotel was excellent and close to all transport links.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

The tea making facilities were chargeable and was quite a noisy location due to traffic and sirens.

Good location - close to bars and restaurants and shops. Looks old from the outside however good sized rooms with good facilities

The bathroom was not as new as the bedroom forniture, but overall it is a good hotel

Good location: right above the metro station that connected with the city center in 3 stops. Room was quite new and clean. Reception 24h

the cleaning was terrible , i looked under the bed and it seems like no body clean in months , and i asked to the manager if it was possible to put something romantic because it was my honey moon and they totally ignore me.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Some of the staff were not so friendly and we did have some issues with the cleaning of our room and the keys that we got were not operational for the most part.

The hotel itself was fine and located perfectly around my desired location.

The breakfast which was included in my stay was lacking and could have been better. The second day I visited a coffee shop instead.

The lady at the front desk was extremely helpful. I hope her management appreciates her !

no facilities for baby stroller, expensive car parking outside hotel, no area on front of the hotel for dis-loading the staff from car

very clean, good breakfast, big room, very good for use when travel with no car, good access to bus, train station

Hotel entrance was too dull to recognise; have seen people peeing around entrance area. Wasn't a good first impression at all 😑

Had an amazing view suite

The breakfast although contained variety of food, had it in small quantities, like they were encouraging you to eat less. However, when some dish plate would be about to run out. They will refill it again.

Great locations near a Tram station that could get you practically to all the sightseeing very quickly and effortlessly. Nearby the hotel there is a shopping center called Smihov or some-such which has a Tesco supermarket within that works whole day long. This can be a much cheaper and healthier alternative to restaurants and coffee places. P.S. WiFi is good.

Breakfast was not really good, coffee was horrible by machine. We were 3 of us staying, but there were only 2 towels in the room, so we asked at the reception for extra towel, they never brought it to us.

Location was good.

Although the breakfast was adequate there was a lack of sweet choices (pies, puddings etc) while the quality of the very few sweet choices we had, was fairly low.

A decent hotel. Although far from the center the spot was strategic especially if you're travelling by car. There was a parking place 50 metres on the side of the hotel which was safe and monitored. The metro station was right in front of the door and you can reach the Mustek central station within 3 metro stops. Lots of trams heading to centre as well in the nearby area while a terminal station for plenty of buses was right across the street. The area has lots of restaurants, bars and a huge shopping mall 5 mins on foot. The room was spacious with a convenient small fridge/mini bar. The cleaning lady was doing a great job. Located on the 6th floor it offered a balcony and an amazing view. Staff was polite and helpful enough.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

In hot summer days need fresh air and lower temperature in corridors on the 6th floor (outside the rooms).

Breakfast was ok, room No 742 was excellent - with large terrace, very clean. Good pubs and public transport close to the hotel. Close to city centre (15 min by tram or metro).

The location is great, the first 3 days we walked to city center and then we took the subway (the station is just in front of the hotel). Good breakfast. Nice rooms, not noisy at all (guests or trafic). Overall a very nice stay at Akcent Hotel, for sure when we visit Prague again we will stay in the same place. PS the hotel is located in a nice neighbourhood, close to city center, Prague Castle, Petrin Tour and Park and very easy acces to transportation that gets you where ever you need

• Executive Room

Breakfast could have been better.. not much choice. But maybe it's me being used to different things. The facility is a maze.

Room was huge and beautiful (I had an executive one), with big balcony and a very nice view (see my pic). Position was great for my needs. Check in and check out were FAST.

Everything was great .Praga is beautiful but aglomerating city , very clean with each pavement in a diferent mozaic model

Large room with greate balcony , bathroom large , coffe machine in the room and AC .Greate breakefast with variety food cold and warm Location is next to metro station with entrance in front of hotel

The only complaint is the shower heads. For such a wonderful hotel, they use very cheap shower heads and hoses. If you have a bit of patience and shower head manipulation, you can keep the water where it belongs. I definitely recommend a shower buddy to help out. :-)

The rooms are well equipped with modern amenities. There is a small refrigerator which is stocked with drinks and such, but you can use it to keep your food items. The hotel is literally sitting right next to the metro stop Anděl so you have instant access to the metro, so you have quick access to any location in Prague. The rooms are air conditioned via modern units with a remote control so you can keep cool on the hotter Summer days. The rooms are well insulated both with thick walls and modern windows which keep things quiet. The beds are soft and comfy. The rooms are kept quite clean. Fresh towels and soap are kept up daily. The breakfast is wonderful complete with eggs, bacon, toast, lots of bread items, lunch meats, vegetables, fruits, yogurt, great coffee, sweet rolls and some juices ... there is really a great selection and its good quality and too much selection to list here. This is a perfect hotel with a friendly and helpful staff. Out of all my stays in Prague ... this hotel is my favorite. The toilet, bathroom, and shower is kept very clean as well and the water gets hot quickly and long showers are possible.

• Executive Room

People in general in Czech Republic are not very friendly. One lady at the lobby was kind of rude and did not help us a lot with basic questions. The room was supposed to be organized every day, but the house keeper did not provide coffee after the first day.

Breakfast was nice. One young man in the main lobby in the evening shift was very kind. The room size was wonderful.

For such a nice hotel they use a very cheap shower head and hose. It seems out of place in the otherwise impeccable hotel accommodation. This budget shower setup made taking a shower tricky as the water flow was on the shower wall and not on me.

The room was clean and well appointed with modern furniture and equipment. The air conditioning worked perfectly and had a remote control with a digital readout. It was quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Right next to Metro exit. Have stayed here a few times before. Very convenient location. Breakfast has improved since last time - now quite a good selection. (Poor coffee, but if you want decent coffee travel to Sweden!).

Breakfast wasn't as good as we are used too but also wasn't bad.

The room was very nice, clean, pillow and quilt was comfortable. Big shower for two people ;)

Great location if arriving by train - need to work out correct exit from station. Also good for taking CK Shuttle as it is the nominated pick-up point. Great restaurants and food shops nearby, and easy to walk to city and castle if you have enough time. Our room was a large corner room with balcony on 6th floor - panoramic views and very quiet. Would highly recommend Akcent Hotel.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Too far to walk from reception to reach the room (only single elevator works), unable to use stairs (elevator only), pretty noisy in daily time (noisy road nearby)

Huge room, huge balcony, good breakfast, metro station nearby.

On the breakfast we had almost always the same choices, some changes here would be great (for example, change cereal options).

The room was great, big, with balcony. The room was cleaned daily, we had towels changed whenever we wanted to, the room had a safe, fridge... the breakfast was great, the location was great (the entrance to the subway is literally in front of the hotel, the bus/tram station is nearby, the bus to Cesky Krumlov was in front of the hotel).

Permanent road traffic noise. The restaurant is low-level with very poor meal list.

Polite and qualified personnel. Clean. A metro station in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Breakfast could have more food to offer and I was 3 days in a row waiting replenishment for eggs and bacon!

The room for 3 persons was big enough, very huge balcony where you can enjoy evening wine! Clean! Very helpfull personell (both administrator and housekeepers). Hotel clean. Parking across the road and with a secured.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The hotel is right near the metro. The room was spacious enough. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast room naturally lightened and spacious. The breakfast itself is quite good, comparing to other Czech hotels of a same level.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

I'm bothering to write this review in English because of the absurd situation we've been through. The hotel has comfortable rooms and mostly helpful staff. However, the receptionist Lukas put every effort to lose. We arrived in the evening in a group of 10 friends, super excited to see Prague. The receptionist Lukas made the biggest confusion with the reservations and, instead of looking at the role of the Booking reservation that I had already kindly shown for the third time, he insisted that I should pay for the rates again. The boy seemed to be drugged and without limits he talked nonstop, directing sarcastic jokes to us. He even asked my fiancé directly if he was irritated in a gesture of sheer rudeness. After half an hour arguing with him, we managed to get him to fill our reservations and we paid nothing more. When my friend's husband asked about where to eat, he explained where Mac Donalds was and suggested that some "women" might be found there, referring to local prostitutes. Horrible. We Brazilians are very easy going but the situation was so absurd that we were afraid to complain and suffer retaliation.

The room is large and quite comfortable. The breakfast is yummy. It is in front of the metro station.

The coffee from breakfast was very bad.

Nice, comfortable and big rooms. Good breakfast. Good neighborhood, only 3 metro stations away from the city center.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Very spacious rooms, comfortable beds and good breakfast. Metro right in front of the door, and it takes you to the city center in just a few minutes. Airport shuttle was also okay (and perfectly on time).

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Breakfast could have a bit more wide choise of food. But still it was quite good. Even in non-smoking area we smelled somebody smoking, but that was only few times!

The location of the hotel is excellent, rooms are clean, wide and comfortable. Have all necessary things, such as additional blanket, sewing kit, teapot, shampoo, soap.. stuff is very friendly and willing to help, explained to us everything we needed, gave the map! Underground is just near the hotel entrance, buses and trams are in 2 minutes walk. there also good bars and restaurants in the area, which are cheaper then in city center. There is even direct bus 191 going to and from airport from the stop in from of the hotel. price is 32 CZK, trip takes 50 minutes. that is very convenient. It takes only 2 stops by underground to get to city center! Fantastic stay! before we arrived I asked for 2 rooms located nearby in non-smoking area, all was done without any reminders.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Breakfast was quite fine and there was quite good range of food of all tasted, but it seams that there could be a bit more possibilities.

Hotel has very nice location, underground is just in front of the hotel doors, all buses and trams are in 2 minutes walk. you can even get to and from airport via direct bus nr. 191, which goes every 30 minutes from the stop in from of the hotel. it takes 50 minutes. rooms in hotel are very comfortable and clean. there is a teapot, minibar, shampoo, soap even sewing kit for your convenience. Stuff is friendly and willing to help. Gave us all necessary advises, help and maps, advised how to get to locations we need. It takes 2 stops via underground to get to city center. Before we arrived I asked for 2 rooms to be located near and to be situated in non-smoking area, all was done as we asked.

Frukosten är helt ok, kunde varit bättre.

Mycket prisvärt hotell! Busshållplats precis utanför men att gå in till staden funkade bra om man har sköna skor. Tog ungefär 20 minuter in till gamla stan längs med floden. Trevlig personal.

Browse Akcent hotel traveller photo gallery