Reviews of Alchymist Nosticova Palace 5 stars

Nosticova 1, Prague, 118 00, Czech Republic

#48 of 612 hotels in Prague

Very good hotel in the center of Prague, give us best room,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very good hotel in the center of Prague, give us best room, because we was with small son. It is greatest hotel we have ever been. Thank you for all.

Stay away from this place, not worth a penny

We have been misled by the hotel name on Booking.com as we thought we are booking into the main Alchymist hotel, turns out that this one is a sister hotel, further down, without the facilities as the main one. We came to terms with that and were guaranteed by the staff that we should be satisfied. It was supposed to be our romantic stay in beautiful surroundings. Turned out to be a nightmare. Hotel room was so dirty, I have never seen anything like this. Dust, dirt, stains, mould, hair all over bathroom, pubic hairs on the toilet and bidet! Dramatic! We reported it first time, no one came to clean, we reported it again, and went out, came back and all this mess was still there, even though they claimed they cleaned. I took pictures so there is no discussion that it was cleaned. Response from the receptionist : 'oh we never had this problem'. That's it. My partner called in the manager next day, we got discount on the room. This doesn't change anything really, our weekend was ruined, absolutely, I was disgusted during the stay, had huge reservations to use such dirty bathroom facilities. On top of that, TV didn't work during stay, breakfast is very average, with things like salmon charged extra, it is very loud, you can hear both people next door, on the corridor and outside. It is a tacky hotel with service below any standard, should be qualified as a hostel as 250 Euros for a night in such a nightmare is just a rip off. Don't recommend to anyone, trust me there are many excellent hotels in Prague that are worth your money, definitely not this one.

The location is okay. Everything else is awful.

Excellent experience and highly recommended hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not having room service for meals. This can be handy once in a while for guests.

Excellent ambiance and breakfast. It is close to the main tourist attractions yet sequestered away from the heavy traffic of tourists. Lots of alternative restaurant options in the neighborhood apart from the hotel restaurant which is close to but not part of the hotel main property.

Very close to Charles bridge, Petrin garden and vrtba garden...

Breakfast was mundane

Very close to Charles bridge, Petrin garden and vrtba garden but without those crowded noises. Very quite at night and can let you recharge with a good sleep. Complementary cheese and wine every 5-6pm!!

A very romantic hotel with a great location.

Make sure that you are very specific with identifying the address of the hotel as there are multiple hotels with similar names in the chain. We were originally dropped off at wrong hotel.

The rooms, location & services

Perfect way to experience Prague
    • Deluxe Double Room

What a wonderful place to come and stay and experience Prague. The staff were tremendously warm and welcoming and went out of their way to help us to enjoy our stay. I'm hoping we will go again and would thoroughly recommend to others.

Lenka, on reception is extremely helpful.

Lenka, on reception is extremely helpful. She is polite and actioned all our requests in a prompt and professional manor. The hotel decor is amazing and the room is very comfortable. The wine and cheese evening at the hotel is very pleasant and tasty. Location is great and most places of interest are within walking distance.

location is great, silence in the sity center
    • Deluxe Double Room

booked a pre-paid room a month before the trip, with each number having its own name on arrival at the hotel they said that my room is busy due to incorrect info from the booking.com my confirmation from the booking.com contained a complete info with the name of the number the hotel has three different buildings and had to wait for the manager to solve the problem it took almost an hour to solve the problem the manager was polite, as an easy compensation we were offered wine and chocolate and other room with the canopy bed Unfortunately, since the choice of the number was for me an essential value by the way at a very high price I wanted to get the chosen number, not wine, chocolate and an hour of wasted time Presented photos of spa (focus) promise a more comfortable spa than you'll find you will find a very small sauna about 180 * 250 cm and a small pool was also negative surprised by the poorly ironed curtains and canopy I try not to write negative reviews but I try to be objective

location is great, silence in the sity center

Great service and romantic atmosphere

The lightning in the room - could be nice to heve a second more strong light in the room for dressing up and makeup or maybe a makeup table with lighted mirror. to do the makeup in the bathroom was a bit uncomfortable Also there was a kitchen bar in the room but no Cookware and dishes so if you like to eat a takeaway in yor room you can’t heat the food

The hotel is great Staff was friendly and helpful Location was good for us-close for the old town and all the attractions but not in the middle of it and therefore quite Food in breakfast was great good verity and quality It the second time we come to this hotel and we will stay here again next time we will be in Prague

Charming hotel with great service and good location.
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

Some part of the floor in our room creaked as we were walking on it. There tends to be noise from the streets during early hours in the morning from cars and passer-by, which woke me up on several occassions.

Excellent service from all the staff right from our point of arrival. They were really helpful with all our requests and provided us with information on touring Prague without asking. Stay was really comfortable even though the hotel is old. Walking distance from old town and Prague castle. Great breakfast =)

Lovely room that was an amazing treat for us.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lovely room that was an amazing treat for us. Breakfast was fab and the location is great. Its really good that you can use the spa at their sister hotel for free.

Uncomfortable - would not repeat.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor restaurant choices (pizzas, pizzas, pizzas). Room was on top floor with no fire escape and wooden stairs to room! There were several trip hazards in the room.

Home away from home full of genuine hospitality
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

My wife unfortunately pulled a muscle in her leg two days before our departure. On arriving at the hotel she was hobbling. We had ordered a private tour of the city for the following day and I felt that without a walking stick she would not be able to make it. I asked the charming young lady behind reception if there was anywhere I could buy one for my wife. I described what I felt would be best, light weight and height adjustable. They told be that they would look into it and let me know. Later on in the afternoon I went to reception and asked if there was any news to resolve our problem. I was advise that the walking stick would be in the hotel within the next half hour, and within the half hour there was a knock on our room door where I was presented with exactly what I had hope to buy. I will be eternally grateful to the staff of the hotel for saving our few days break. The room was perfect, large, warm and very comfortable. A bowl of fresh fruit was waiting for us as well a a bottle of water which was replaced free of charge every day. There was a fridge/bar as well as the possibility of making hot drinks. The room was spotlessly clean with the bed linen change daily. We were asked on arrival if we would like a complimentary welcome drink which we declined but were told we could except any time during our stay. Restaurant reservations and suggestions and information we needed was soon dealt with by the excellent reception staff. They also advised the tour company of our problem which was resolved with a personalised tour with much less walking. We can highly recommend, as did the hotel, the six and a half hour walking tour offering 20 different locations to see as well as, included in the price, lunch, a boat trip and a carriage trip. There was an enormous selection for breakfast every morning with both hot and cold food, with also a breakfast menu if one prefer's one’s eggs in a preferred way at a very small extra charge.

Quiet, private, nice location, large room

While there was access to the Alchymist sister hotel facilities / amenities which were a 5-10 minute walk away this building was limited to its bedrooms with an adjoining restaurant.

Had a great room.....junior suite which was spacious and attractive. The hotel is conveniently located on the palace side and in a very quiet area.

Would love to return to this gem!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had booked a very specific room months in advance, up in the attic, and upon arrival the room was given to someone else because we were upgraded to a more 'superior' room. Though it was a nice gesture, I specifically chose that room in all of Prague due to the character and design. An upgrade is nice, but it wasn't what I wanted for my trip. Be sure that you properly discuss the room with the staff prior and I'm sure they will accommodate. However, they should contact guest prior to making changes on their behalf.

Wonderful place to stay, in a private location that is an easy troll to the hustle and bustle of all Prague. Very close to the water too! The accommodations were filled of character and detail, we had a large brunch, and the staff were very nice. I even accidentally left something, and they shipped it to the states for me! Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends & family.

The atmosphere of the room and building are excellent.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The atmosphere of the room and building are excellent. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. The room itself was outstanding - very comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. I particularly appreciated the ability to control the temperature in the room (there is an individual unit in the room for air conditioning).

Great location with superb staff and beautiful rooms.

An own key (or card) to open the door of the hotel in the evening would have been good. Now the night manager was making his round when we came back late to the hotel and we had to wait.

A superb location in old town with everything in walking distance (Bridge, Castle, Square). Rooms are nicely decorated and have all the necessary amenities. Staff is very friendly and goes the extra mile to support or help out with extra requests or information.

Great Room, greta location and very helpful staff. Excelelnt base to saty and explore the key sights

The hot breakfast could have been better. Fried Eggs-dry. But mini-pastries were excellent as was the dried fruit with my cereals!

The Bedroom was very good and the location superb and the receptionists very helpful.

Excellent location, vert friendly staff, amazing breakfast

The breakfast area is at evening pizzeria (excellent by the way) but cannot order via phone as room service. In the morning during breakfast heavy smell of pizza is present.

Excellent location, vert friendly staff, amazing breakfast

Small, baroque style with home atmosphere hotel

maybe too much gold:), but only at first glance

It is a beautiful, small hotel situated in a quiet street, very close to all attractions such as Charles Bridge and Praga Castle. The room was spacious, baroque style and very clean. The bed was one mattress king size, super comfy! We only asked for smaller and softer pillows and our request was fulfilled at once. We got chocolates and bottle of water every day. Breakfast was delicious (great selection of cheeses, bread, fruits, nuts, fresh juices, very good coffee). Concierges, waitresses, a young man in the reception Richard were very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay a lot.

The coincerge was very hellful.

The coincerge was very hellful...went out of his way to assist us .l believe it was Richard as was the receptionist who was on most of the time we were there.

Very nice hotel. Centrally located. Quiet. Clean. Very friendly and helpful personnel. Thanks Lenka

Everything was perfect.

Small and very nice hotel. Very helpful staff. Emails answered immediately and special wishes were taken care of perfectly (thanks, Lenka). Clean, quiet, very close to the Charles Bridge and the old town. Room was fantastic. Air-condition. I give this a full 10 points from A-Z.

perfect

very nice hotel.Ornate decor, the staff are very professional,especially satisfied with breakfast. good location, near The Lennon wall and the Charlie Bridge.I'd like to recommend to others.

Quaint and elegant in the heart of old town Prague
    • Deluxe Double Room

Curtains that block out the sun in summer would be good, but I do realise the European hotels don't always have these.

The location was excellent, in the middle of the old city, down a quiet quaint street. Everything was close by including the tram stop. The staff were knowledgeable and friendly. Breakfast was small, but tasteful and quite adequate. We would definitely stay there again.

Luxury that comes at a price.

As others have noted it is more of a B&B than hotel, even though you can access sister property's facilities that's not super convenient and feels a bit weird. As I mentioned this was for our honeymoon so the splurge was in order but when we return to Prague we'll find alternate accommodations that offer better value.

We were staying for our honeymoon so the large room and rather ornate decoration were in keeping with the special nature of our visit. Large bed was comfortable as well, if just a touch soft for me.

Best location, Warmly recommended

I would prefer a correlation between photos of the room booked and the actual room we get. I would suggest adding salad dressings to the breakfast buffet and making sure there are whole wheat breads available too.

Loved the location, staff were great. Breakfast very nice. Room: we booked a "junior suite". The room was relatively spacious and had a kitchenette (stove, no microwave), but it did not feel like a "suite" of any sort, nor does it resemble the junior suite photographs on the hotel website or other of the hotel's online publications. Still. was a good size room, very clean, quiet and pleasant. Warmly recommended.

One of my favourite places we stayed
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

After four weeks touring around UK and Europe, this lovely hotel was a pleasant surprise. Excellent staff, very welcoming, first time ever we received a welcome drink for being a Booking.com Genius. Quirky and different hotel in quiet part of Prague but only 5 minutes from Charles Bidge and hustle and bustle of city. Great breakfast (also gluten free bread). Would definitely recommend, they were very helpful in every way and the attention to detail was appreciated.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great location and helpful staff

The staff was extremely helpful and always willing to assist with any issues. The location was on a quiet street and walkable to major attractions. Great location to explore Prague.

The hotel is part of a unique group of 4 in Prague and you...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We only stayed 2 nights in Prague with a four hour train ride from Vienna taking half a day each way. If time permitted we would stay at least one or maybe two more nights so the short stay is our only complaint.

The hotel is part of a unique group of 4 in Prague and you have access to the facilities at the sister hotel with pool, spa and additional restaurant. The location is perfect...just a few minutes walk over the Charles Bridge to the old city but the palace is on the hotel's side. Also the tram is very close and a big help to get you way up to the palace. Beautiful facility with outstanding staff tucked away in a very quiet section but still close to the action. Ate at the San Carlo restaurant the first night with excellent, authentic Italian food. We would book again

No longer a Hotel more a deluxe B&B.

The facilities advertised and paid for no longer are available at this property i.e. lounge area, courtyard outside seating which was an annex with further rooms & the splendid vocal entrance to the Alchymist Hotel & suits. we since found out this building has been sold. Why then is all this still being shown as part the package?

Good quiet location. Accommodation elegant and comfortable. staff very helpful and friendly.

It was all ok, very nice hotel and staff but doubt this was value for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Thd room on the top floor under the roof vith no view. There was quite a noisy ventillation or heating engine installed somewhere on the roof of the building which was switching on every 30-40 minutes, making uncomfortable to stay in the room especially during late hours.

Location, cleanliness, very good italian restaurant, green and quiet otside walking area, staff was friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Stunning
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

My only criticism would be more with the taxi arranged for us by the hotel to go to the airport. Was told the fare would be 650korunas (£20) only to be told at the airport the fare was 780 (£25) my advice would be to get the tram from the top of the road and a bus for an eighth of the price!

The decor of the room was stunning, the bed perfect and the bathrooom very grand.

It was a surprise, nicer than my expetation, nice area,...

It was a surprise, nicer than my expetation, nice area, rooms ecc... Very very good staff! And An excellent italian restaurant !!! (I m italian is diffucult I like italian dishes outside italy!). I will come back!

Very good location and very comfortable room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The description of the hotel states that there is a spa, however this is located in another hotel 5/7 minutes by walk. Also breakfast is not outstading for 5 stars hotel and it can be definetely improved.

Very good location and very comfortable room. Room and common area are very clean and staff is very nice.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Lovely place, stayed here 2 years on the run.
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

Some of the Breakfast items are now chargeable, £6 for smoked salmon for example. This was included last time we stayed. We got chocolates every day previously and a bottle of champagne but this time we didn't get anything.

Lovely place, stayed here 2 years on the run. The staff are very friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Hidden beauty in super location
    • Deluxe Double Room

We did have to go across the road to the foyer and breakfast room - not a big issue, but when raining was a little inconvenient.

Loved the location and nearby restaurants - so much great food around. It was so quiet and the room and bathroom really lovely. Got a bit of a thing for chandeliers & they room and hotel had chandeliers galore! Staff were great, friendly and receptive.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Beautiful, romantic hotel, perfect stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The door is locked at night, so one has to ring a bell and be let in, would prefer just to be able to walk in, but really it's a very minor point.

This was a perfect stay! The location is magical, on a quiet street, yet very close to all the major Prague attractions. We had the Alžbeta double room which was lovely, romantic, and beautifully decorated with a large bathroom and very nice views. The staff staff were wonderful, very professional and attentive. The breakfast was an impressive and delicious spread. We also used the spa at the sister hotel with a pool and sauna which was great. Overall we loved our stay and would definitely stay at the Alchymist again!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Magical Hotel, Great Staff, Fabulous Place.
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

Due to the rain, there was a problem with ants in my ground floor room, but they addressed it and everything was taken care of.

Great welcome, comfortable bed, friendly staff, *fantastic* (included)breakfast and restaurant was delicious. I felt very much at home staying here. The customer service is above and beyond. I will come back to Prague just to stay at this hotel again! Lovely experience.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Unforgettable hotel:)
    • Deluxe Double Room

I love their huge bathroom and how pretty it is, pretty chandeliers and cozy Italian restaurant! The daily complimentary breakfast was great too!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Beautiful small hotel close to major attractions

Some items of furniture showed a little bit of wear, though nothing major; because the room was thoughtfully decorated and very clean, it did not feel "old" despite these blemishes. The facilities are limited (no gym, no bar), though I did not miss them during a short stay, and there is a restaurant and access to a gym at a sister location.

Very accommodating staff, beautifully decorated room, great breakfast included in the stay, great location for a short trip since you will be close to many of the major tourist attractions.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Loved the architecture. Could not fault the service. Very clean
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room too small Room too dark Furnishing overbearing and I love antiques Too expensive for the room we were given

Service and friendliness of the staff. Beautiful building.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The place is quite, cosy, clean, look like a secret confy...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The place is quite, cosy, clean, look like a secret confy place to stay.

Super nice and special place!

we do like all

Amazing old style decoration, full comfort, amazing staff

Superb location, quiet street away from the crowds.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Superb location, quiet street away from the crowds. Real neighborhood feeling.

We spent a wonderful three days in this small boutique hotel. It was in a great location.

Loved everything

The rooms were spacious, comfortable, great bathroom and lovely breakfast.

A perfect place for a romantic city break.

A wonderful place to say in a perfectly charming and peaceful area of Prague.

Excellent hotel, staff and location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Room clean and beautifully presented. Perfect location for centre of Prague.

Very good location, nice room

Breakfast should be more various for a 5 stars hotel

Very good location, nice room

Prime location, wonderful staff, discrete facility with palatial rooms

Very discreet 5 star hotel excellent location

A lovely stay in a great location to explore an amazing city.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was lovely! Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was excellent.

Wonderful hotel; refreshing change from generic chains

Beautiful quirky baroque styled hotel with every attention to detail taken care of.

Excellent silent location close to all attractions

Poor lobby bar drink menu

Breakfast with sparkling wine is something really good in new travel

Fabulous!
    • Deluxe Double Room

A first class hotel with amazing staff. Receptionist Lenca and concierge Luca made our stay memorable! I would definitely recommend this hotel

Nice staff & Breakfast was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nice staff & Breakfast was great.

Beautifully decorated, quite yet central location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Beautifully decorated, quite yet central location.

Amazing and we would definitely return.

One English speaking tv channel.

Amazing staff made you feel very special. The rooms are amazing.

Service was superb

Service was superb

Fantastic. Will be back.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Style, decoration, breakfast, and location.
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

Style, decoration, breakfast, and location.

• Deluxe Double Room

No adverse comment required.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Accommodation was spot on and the breakfast perfect.

Kind of a special and nice hotel, but too expensive for that.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Too expensive for what you get.

Friendly and helpful staffs. Location is very quiet.

All is great: the view, the staff

All is great: the view, the staff

Lovely stay in Prague

Wifi could be improved in the rooms.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Location and small hotel, lovely staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Had to walk to sister hotel for pool

Location and small hotel, lovely staff

Very good service, friendly stuff.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very good service, friendly stuff. My children loved them!! Very helpful.

Great small hotel in mala strana
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff were great the room clean and in a quiet location. I would recommend.

There was a buffet with the ability to have specials.
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

There was a buffet with the ability to have specials. All very fresh and well prepared

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Room was beautiful bed a bit too soft for us.

Room was beautiful bed a bit too soft for us. Food was fabulous

Comfortable stay

No relax / lounge area, only 1 sofa in the small lobby

Atmosphere and Location. Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Fabulous hotel. Would definitely recommend!

Absolutely loved the hotel! The staff were amazing and really helpful at all times. The breakfast was grand.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Recommended
    • Deluxe Double Room

Comfortable, well appointed rooms. Helpful and cheerful staff. Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Stay was fantastic and wanting me to comeback to prague

Comfy and cozy room ambiance.

Staffs were very nice and friendly.
    • Gothic Deluxe Room

Staffs were very nice and friendly. The breakfast was great. So close to everywhere but quiet at night. Very very comfortable place to stay!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

What a great place in prague!!!

None.

The room was spacious and gorgeous. Breakfast was delicious with a great variety of menu choices.

Browse Alchymist Nosticova Palace traveller photo gallery