Reviews of Hotel Andel 3 stars

Radlicka 40/857, Prague, 150 00, Czech Republic

#471 of 612 hotels in Prague

Very comfortable place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was very spacious and clean. It was a double room. It was worth 5 star-hotel. Very kind staff. Next time definitly I will stay again and strongly recommend staying.

A pleasant stay!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hot water, if you’re trying to take a shower around check-out time when probably everyone else is, doesn’t last very long. Still was enough for me, and I take long showers, but it was cutting it close.

Super convenient to the Metro, but also great for travelling with pets. There is a nice park right behind the hotel, perfect when you wake up in the morning and don’t want to walk blocks and blocks before you’ve had your coffee. Staff is friendly. Breakfast runs until like 10am, which is nice if you want to sleep in. Pet fee is reasonable, it’s a one-time 500kč fee (about 20 euro). Also, the Smichov area is super convenient if you’re driving in from Germany, it cuts a lot of time off the drive, as you don’t have to deal with crossing the river and navigating a medieval city center full of drunken tourists, trams, etc.

I can recommend this
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

only problem was with parking - Prague is too expensive for car..

Breakfast was great, location of Hotel good too. Bed was famous and I was very glad that every room have bath. Me and my boyfriend were glad for this hotel.

All in all, very good. But have to improve their check in process and laundry facilities
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked for 2 nights (my airbnb confirmation showed this) but the hotel’s system showed 3 nights - therefore charging us one day extra. Luckily the rate is cheap. The laundry facility is poor. The wash wasnt done diligently and our clothes still had marks (fresh stains) in them. My sister’s cardigan was missing and another similar looking shirt was in our pile.

Loved the location, breakfast spread, bed and bathroom! The rooms have clean, sweet, floral scent

If you want a cheap place to stay, go there.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very bad bed. Noisy rooms. No Air Conditioning (first they've asked me to pay for the A/C....when I agreed, they said it was not avaible in my room....and the temperature was 38 celsius outside....and probably even more inside the hotel). Breakfast is poor.

Relatively cheap.

Room no. 15

I got a room without a window, totally dark, like a basement. When I asked for a change it was not possible, on the second day they finally give me different room, but they charge me penalty fee ... since as I heard this is a standard room 🙄

Localization is the only good thing

Never coming back there and don't recommend to anybody.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very old hotel, old rooms, bathroom was dirty, sheets on our beds were dirty also. It was hot, but the air conditioner was at an extra cost!!! No wifi in rooms, just in lobby. For the price we paid it's possible to find a much nicer place in Prague.

Location was good, that's the only thing we liked, 3 minutes from metro station and parking place.

Friendly staff.

Most simple breakfast. Bread not good backed. Not many choice. Car park only for 4 cars and first come first take. In front of the hotel have parking service for around 14 € / day

Friendly staff. Location easy to find.

6.0
    I would stay next time somewhere else. I did not find the staff very friendly.
    • Standard Single Room

I did not like the reservation system - hotel blocked cca. 100 EUR from my credit card, which are still not available for me (2 days after the stay), and asked me to pay for whole bill on the day of arrival, which I found totally unfair. So be prepared for that. Apart from that, there was a false alarm at 10 p.m., which waked up the whole hotel. Can happen, but I would expect that the staff will explain the guests what happened and apologize for inconvencience. It took 10 minutes to switch it off.

Disappointing in all aspects. Poor customer service, unsafe room windows & potent sickening smell
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is below standard. I stayed in room 21, which is not suitable for any one. The bed had yellow stains on arrival, the kettle had no tea bags, the pillows had not been correctly changed from the person before and it wasn’t a neat presentation. The room had a strong potent smell which caused sickness and dizziness (my colleague staying there in another room also had the same terrible experience). The bathroom had stains and no vent. The window itself was on the ground floor and by opening it meant that some could COULD LITERALLY come inside and climb outside of the room. This was a real concern for health & safety. As the window was unsafe to open and the room had no fan or A/c, I was forced to sleep in a hot box. When I mentioned the window to the staff members, they merely shrugged and said nothing. When I asked for a fan, they replied it would cost £200!!! When I mentioned the yellow stains and the pillow covers, they actually did not clean my room the next day. On the last night, I again to swap rooms (being possibly my 6th attempt in 1 day) and despite being told there wasn’t a room, the colleague then stated that I could swap to a similar room for £70?!?! The breakfast served seemed old, with the fruit being rotten, dry and black. The cheese looked stale and the items themselves store bought and old. This hotel is far too expensive and not worth the penny. The customer service is disappointing and the room was unsafe. The WiFi does not work in most rooms, except the “public lounge” which consists of nothing more than a few sofas on the 1st floor. I expected at least a decent response to the concerns, instead all staff members shrugged shoulders, dismissed and said “‘no”. I dealt with 4 staff members, two ladies, appr 5 ft 6 inches, one brunette on arrival and another with dark blonde hair, glasses a colourful shirt and jeans.

This hotel is below standard, doesn’t even meet the basic needs and the customer service is very poor.

I like the location of the property.
    • Standard Triple Room

There where dust in the room, our room was a bit noisy, wifi was not working at all. The worst thing: They charge you for deposit at the check-in (same price as you pay for the room), so you pay twice. In my case, they say that we broken some glass on the table and charge us again for 110 eur. So we pay 35 eur for the room and after all 110 eur for some glass on the table which we definitely did not break. At the end we slept in noisy, dusty room without wifi for 145 Eur. For that money we can sleep in much better place in Prague in clean room even with Jacuzzi! Hotel reception reject my complain, now I contact booking.com customer service and waiting for answer.

I like the location of the property. And it is cheep (so expect cheep service)

A pleasant stay!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast, included in the stay, might not be what you’d expect if coming from the west. There was toast, really good cakes and muffins, good coffee, etc., but the sausage and eggs were boiled eggs and more of a hotdog-like sausage. It’s probably just a matter of personal tastes; the other guests seemed to be fine with it.

Travelled with my dog. It was no problem, just 500czk extra. There is a nice park just behind the hotel, perfect for walking her. There’s 3 or 4 parking spaces in front of the hotel, but there’s also a secured lot right across the street, 600czk for 48 hours. The location is in a quieter area, walking straight from the hotel out to the touristy areas is a bit of a hike, but the Andel (Metro B) station is just a block away. A 5-10 minute metro ride will put you anywhere in the city you want to go. The room was huge, bed was comfortable, big windows. There was an air conditioner in the room as well. There was satellite TV, wifi (though I couldn’t figure out how to make it work), and an elevator.

Friendly and helpful staff, they spoke English fluently.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Friendly and helpful staff, they spoke English fluently. The room facing the street was a bit noisy. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection. Wifi worked perfectly.

never again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

mattress quality was terrible, old bathroom was not clean enough (toilette dirty, small “bathroom fishes”) disgusting coffee that was called espresso but was instant only. never again.

first of all the room wasn't the same as its shown at...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

first of all the room wasn't the same as its shown at booking photos and they didnt care about it they said we will not change your room because it looks different than the one that you have booked through booking website. second case was when we received the key and entered to our room we saw a big bug inside so i had to kill it and throw it out of the room then we complained to the reception "the young guy who was there" he came to check it out and he said now its outside of the room so maybe you brought it from outside and left away !!!

While checking out, we leave the hotel very early, like 5 am...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

While checking out, we leave the hotel very early, like 5 am and asked to have our breakfast as a sandwich. They accepted and we see that they actually prepare us a meal box, including one vegetarian sandwich, one croissant and one mandarin. It was really nice :)

Great for a cheap night in Prague!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

on surface was very clean but for example floor under bed was very dirty and few cracked tiles in the bathroom. would stay again considering the price.

We stayed for a night while in Prague for the weekend. Room was fine, had a fridge and bed was quite comfy. free sparkling wine with free breakfast was good, but food wasn't great.

Excellent customer service, great location near shopping and...
    • Standard Triple Room

Excellent customer service, great location near shopping and restaurants and tram to easily access castle and much more! Yummy breakfast included, parking near by.

The staff of the hotel is very nice and helpful.
    • Standard Single Room

I booked a single room in the hotel. It was located just over the reception and was quite loud both in the evening and the morning. Through the closed door, I could clearly hear people talking, coming and going. The room did not have a proper window to let in light, it opened to some sort of whole in the wall that was very dirty. The shower was not properly cleaned as the shower head was sticky.

The staff of the hotel is very nice and helpful. The location is not the best as it is by a busy street, but in terms of access it is easily reachable. The bed was comfortable, and wifi worked perfectly.

A lot to improve
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel it's in a good area, not in center not to far, so it's good location but they open a hotel that are still working inside... Acces with lift to rooms and stairs not available. In case of fire? The rooms are old and very small. A lot of noise on first flor during day and NIGHT. And the employees together with the services and the cleaning should be in compensation of the structural problems but they aren't. 3 or 4 hotels in same area with same name.

Minibar!

Old repair. Dilapidated carpets on the floor in the room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Old repair. Dilapidated carpets on the floor in the room. Everything falls and falls. The stone stove peeled off in the bathroom. She fell to her feet. Outside the window is the bus station. Noise and crime. Not a tasty breakfast.

Too noisy
    • Standard Single Room

Presented as a hotel with parking slots but there are basically 2 for the whole hotel. In the room on the first floor just above reception you can hear everything. Not convenient for someone who needs to get up early morning.

Clean room and location

Especially cosy and comfortable, well-furnished rooms

First impression of lobby and staircase is not so good, but the rooms are great Breakfast coffee just average There was just an ordinary valve on the radiator in the room instead of the thermostat valve The neighbourhood is not perfect

Very nice, comfortable and cosy rooms, with good ambient lighting, equipped with everything you need (iron, kettle, tea, minibar/fridge, safe), clean carpet The staff was helpful and competent Close to Andel metro station

Good location, great staff.
    • Standard Single Room

My room was tiny and there was no outside view or light at all. I believe they were at full occupancy though, as I’ve stayed in very nice rooms at this hotel previously.

Good location and extremely helpful staff on reception.

Perfect ratio between quality and price

We had small ants in bathroom. However, it was insignificant problem.

The room is cozy. Subway is nearby, so loocation is good. Breakfast is tasty. I had only positive emotions after visiting the hotel.

Excellent choice, highly recommended, would get there again!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Helpful staff, good location nearby the metro and tram. Clean, warm and cozy room. Cleaning worked well. Quiet hotel. Breakfast included, can´t complain, enough everything.

Far from city center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Far from everything there is no restaurant or cafe arround the hotel and there is no bidet inside the bathroom i have asked for big bed but they give me two beds close to each other and i was soo surprise they didnt let me check-in until i pay in czech money while im staying for 3 nights and i kept explaining that i will convert money the next day to pay the whole amount but they said you can pay in euro and keep it with us until you covert which is fine with me but at least no need to make it hard while its simple.

The bed is comfy the staff are nice and helpful there is Andel metro station and bus station by 5 min walking and the mall is 15 min walk the city center is 4 stations away not much far with a good plan of transportation in Prague

Medium cost medium quality. OK for few nights alone. Not for romantic weekend.
    • Standard Single Room

Heating and isolation insufficient in the room I had. In the first room they tried to give me the radiator was completely cold; hotel person tried to give some false explanations. Elevator was not working one day. Breakfast ingredients quality below my expectations. I would pay as option a few Euros more for better quality. Some receptionists are friendly, others would need more training. No foreign TV channel at all.

Not far from metro Andel, clean room, no city noise, reasonable beer price at reception. Practical accommodation at medium cost. Iron and safe in room.

Incredible value for money and great staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Keep in mind the price that you're paying and so the only downside is the WIFI is not great on non-existent in many rooms yet in the 1st floor communal area it is 100% OK. Do not book this place if you need guaranteed working WIFI in your room, that's the one and only downside for the price :)

Very enjoyable and relaxing. I would recommend to anyone on a short budget trip to Prague.
    • Standard Single Room

I had a back room for the first few nights and it was really quiet. I was then was moved to a room facing the street and was awakened very early by what seemed to be a group shouting on the street.

The hotel personnel were incredibly helpful and that includes the receptionists, cleaners and restaurant waitress. They made my stay very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was varied and ample.

place near the metro station and shopping mall
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

they made me to pay penalty for smoking, to the hotel, they took me 80 e... also they take some money as some kind of guarnatie.. they ask you to pay in advance. breakfast is not good.. old bread, some old cakes..

place near the metro station and shopping mall

Very old building but good location
    • Standard Single Room

The building needs serious renovation. Very depressing room and the bathrooms in the army are better. Also i don't understand why they take money for deposit...

The location is good next to metro station, big mall and restaurants. The price was quite ok in comparison with other hotels in Prague. Good staff...

Budget hotel with good location.
    • Standard Triple Room

There was no lighting in the room. No slippers. The room reeked of disinfectant, the shower door was broken, there was nothing complimentary in the room, some electrical sockets were not working. Hotel staff barely knew English.

We got good value for money but it is a budget hotel. Comfortable, close to the subway, clean.

The price and location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had to make a deposit for mini-bar, which I did not need at all. I wanted to print a document, but could not do it because the PC on the second floor had some technical problems. The wi-fi did not work properly in the room on the 3rd floor.

The price and location

Everything as expected
    • Standard Single Room

Room was not pre-heated, so it was quiet cold when I arrvied, I had to turn on the heating by myself.

Breakfast was over the average compare to other hotels in Prague at this price.

I will not book again this hotel, they don't take client's demands seriously.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They don't take seriously the demands of the clients. The pillows for sleeping where damaged and we will need a physiotherapist to fix our necks. The room was not so warm

clean room.

Great location with easy access to public transport.
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast included, it was OK, but not excellent. I was missing more options to choose from.

Great location with easy access to public transport. Big beds, flat TV, minibar.

It was nice clean hotel but the internet barely works on the...

the internet , the bed

It was nice clean hotel but the internet barely works on the 5th floor where i stayed, the bed was a bit too soft so it would curb in the middle.Breakfast was really nice!

They can do better.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We we’re booked for 3nights but stayed only for one night because we didnt like the hotel and looked for another one the other day. When we enter the room it doesnt felt clean the smell wasnt pleasant. My towel has a feather of pigeon and the pillows are very uncomfortable.

Staffs are helpful

Free car park in a front of the hotel is a great advantage!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Small details: Bathroom doors squicking. Heating knob not working as it should. Loose keychains.

Free car park in a front of the hotel is a great advantage! Quiet surroundings! Tasty breakfast! Good for couples and budget travelers!

value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the wi-fi was not the best, but I didn't go there for interenet

I stayed at the only room on the sixth floor...it was perfect...cute and cozy attic room

Great value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like, although I forgot to collect my 500 crown key deposit when leaving.

Last time I wrote a rather mediocre review of the hotel but this time things were much improved. Nice room with a Staropramen view, comfy bed and friendly staff. Breakfast was also very good with a wide choice

One-off experience

After the first night I left a complaint at the reception stating that I wasn't happy with the cleaning. I had found pubic hair on the night stand and cut finger nails in the bathroom. The receptionist apologized and promised to handle it. Nothing was improved when checking the room later that day. Still poor cleaned. The complementary coffee powder wasn't refilled and the dirty mug not replaced the second day. The breakfast room is far too small for the amount of guests. Waiting time! The service in the kitchen was clearly overloaded. Couldn't handle the number of guests, cleaning of tables and refilling the buffet. Complementary shampoo and shower gel not refilled.

Convenient area.

The room i stayed in was awful.
    • Standard Single Room

The room i stayed in was awful. One window, that had a "view" to a ventilation shaft. It was like staying in a basement. Almost no natural light, only what trickled down from the top of the ventilation shaft, 3 stories above. Other rooms may be OK.

But for several glitches the stay was OK.
    • Standard Single Room

Half of the outlets in the room didn't work and it took the reception guy half an hour to work out why my kettle was not working. There was no toilet paper in the room. They refused to let me check out half an hour later than their official check out time.

The location and breakfast.

Lovely little hotel nice clean room hot shower, good breakfast and metro is opposite the hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room is no.16 is between first and second floor and above the front door of hotel which is you can smell the cigarette all the time ,because the smoke area just in the outside of front door of the hotel.

Would not stay there again as better options are available in that much money
    • Standard Triple Room

There was a spider in the room and the room was really old but for last minute booking I couldn't have hoped for a better one

The staff was very friendly and helpful

Very close to the metro.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On a loud busy street with no AC so Windows were open Only 4 parking spaces for the hotel otherwise you have to park in a paid lot close by Breakfast wasn't the best

Very close to the metro. Had an elevator. Good value. Were able to leave our bags at the counter on check out day.

• Standard Single Room

Staff neither friendly nor unfriendly. CZK 500 deposit for room key. Tea and coffee making facilities meant 1 teabag of earl grey. Requested sachet coffee but not available. Location a good 10 minute walk to metro, and not 2 stated in description.

Breakfast was good

Worst hotel I have ever seen.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room full of spiders and spider webs and they didn't do anything about it for 7 days. Asked for extra pillows and they told us we need to pay for the pillows. Of course the hotel was out of pillows so we had to wait for 2 days until they got us the pillows. If u want an air condition in the room you need to pay extra. We paid 20 euros at check in for noise and damages. But unfortunately the hotel was very noisy at night that we couldn't sleep well for a single night. We complained about the noise but as everything else no one did anything about it. And finally the breakfast had no options and we found spider webs in the breakfast area as well. The hotel was not hygienic at all that the room service only makes the bed, they do not clean nor change the towels. I really don't recommend this hotel. Oh and it's an hour walk to the city center so it's not considered to be close.

Nice hotel, with an easy public transport access to the Airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- the sink in the bathroom did not worked properly, water stayed in the bath. - you have to pay 20 Eur deposit for the minibar upfront, if you dont use the minibar they give it back afterwards... But you need to have the cash with you.

+ the room was nice and comfortable, extra large bed which was great. + easy access to airport with the public transport + they sell tickets for the public transport directly at the reception, where you can pay it also with card. + nice lobby area + working wifi in the room- even the receptionist told us that the wifi is working only at the lobby area - so you probably can get problems with the wifi staying in the upper levels.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The hotel is close to the Andel metro station (5 min walking...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room had a view onto quite busy Radlicka street therefore it got quite loud at night due to passing traffic and trams. The absence of a/c is a bummer especially in the summer as it can get quite hot inside. The booking page states the hotel offers cable/satellite TV with Polish TV channels, whereas we found only local Czech and German ones only. The biggest downside is the 500 CZK pre-authorization you have to pay for any possible damage (refundable but takes a few weeks if paid by card).

The hotel is close to the Andel metro station (5 min walking distance), the room was clean, breakfasts were quite monotonous but still good - typical what you'd expect from a 3 star hotel. The stuff knows English quite well.

I recommend you not to live here
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rude and unintrested staff, bad breakfast, uncomfortable bed, loud noise from the street even though we lived at the 4th floor. Our air condition didnt work so the room was super hot and we still would've to pay extra for a fan

The location was good, the room was ok

big, nice and clean rooms with really comfortable beds, the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

big, nice and clean rooms with really comfortable beds, the breakfast was great with a big variety of food to choose from, the city center is just 10-15 minutes away using public transport which is situated 2-3 minutes walk from the hotel (metro station, bus/tram stops), the staff is very kind and helpful in everything

Highly recommended. Great value for money !

WiFI was a bit weak in the rooms, but atleast we were informed about it at the reception.

The hotel is pretty well located if you choose to stay a little bit outside the city center. Metro and Tram station are very near and hence can easily travel to all touristic locations. The hotel rooms are well furnished, its modernly decorated and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast served was also very good. All in all, a very nice, value for money hotel.

It was worst then hostel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioner doesn't work. It was hot. For a fan or even for ac if you want to use you need to pay. When I I ordered this room it was nothing to written about it. We are really disappointed.

Just great value for short stays.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The english of the reception personnel (the girl with blonde hair), and the fact that at check-in we had to buy a water bottle from them so they would give us smaller bills for the 2000 CZK bill we had in order to pay the 500 CZK deposit, otherwise check-out went smooth.

Great breakfast, nice bed, we booked 5 days before our stay at an excellent price for what they offer (25eur/night/double room).

Short and sweet trip to Prague
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpets need to be upgraded. I felt uncomfortable walking on it in my bare feet. The fact that air conditioning isn't included and is a extra fee is ridiculous. It was boiling hot in the room and difficult to sleep. Air conditioning should be included and not over priced.

The breakfast was pretty good and the beds were comfortable and big. The location was right next to the metro, which was very convenient.

Location was so good and easy access to tramvaj and shopping...
    • Standard Single Room

Windows did not net and free wifi was poor. Tv did not work it was without signal.

Location was so good and easy access to tramvaj and shopping center. Breakfast was so good.

ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMENDED
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

What a disappointment! I DO NOT RECOMEND HOTEL ANDEL TO ANYONE! We got an offert in Booking paying 210€ for 3 nights and although it was a good deal, it was a waste of money. They gave us the room 54 which was really small and claustrofobic. Absolutely not what they showed in the pictures. Even if we asked for one big bed, they gave us a room with 2 beds (can happen). The hygiene of the hotel and room was very bad and I have not good words to say about the style (again, not what they show in the pictures). Floor, walls, windows and bed were very dirty and badly conserved. In the bed and bath we found several hairs from other people. The floor looked like was not cleaned for days. The walls were damaged everywhere. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and old, making noises all the time and in very bad shape which caused that we could not rest properly a single night. The furniture was old and very low quality and of course it was not what they showed in the pictures (again). That room was very small and warm so we had to open the window because they charge money for the air conditioner (50-200CKZ/day depending on the room!!), so opening the window supposed to hear all the noise from outside since the hotel is in a busy road where cars and tram pass. When we asked to change the room due to it was not what we paid for the desk woman got nervous and she said it was not possible in that moment because there were not empty rooms (there were at least 7 room keys behind her and I checked on internet and I got surprised when I saw there were several available rooms). She advised us to try next day when the manager was there around 11-12pm (time that they know we will be visiting the city) The next day she was not there, what a coincidence! I know the pictures of the hotels website usually are better that the reality but this has been the worst experience ever. HOTEL ANDEL, ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMENDED!

The only "good thing" I have to say about this hotel was the breakfast which was varied but very poor quality.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Cozy Petit Hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Hotel staffs are very friendly. Room is comfortable. I enjoyed having breakfast in the hotel. There were plenty foods. Especially I loved home made cake!

Traditional comfort. No frills.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to pay extra per day for air conditioning. Room extremely hot.Bathroom cleaned daily, but beds were not.Room a little dated.

Lovely bathroom. Clean. Breakfast ok, great location near to all transport links including bus and metro station.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Nice hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very clean and nice, only wifi is not working so fast, but there is a kind information from reception about it, very tasty breakfast. Good hotel for few days.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Just like when you are no feeling about a girl.....just saty somewhere.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I do not find any reason to go back. I got a bad, nice room.....It was a not refundable booking, even then almost the first sentence was immedaitatelly, they asked for deposit if I will take anything of minibar. I did not feel comfortable. If you are with a familiy and really on a budget. maybe it will do. If you go out of the street there is nothing around........I did not fele like to make a step.

I would say it a bread and breakfast. If it this means anything in the hotel industry. Nothing more. For one night it is O.K ot If you are a low budget. The recepcionest was very kind. I can not be more positive like this.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Fun visit to Prague
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The view of the courtyard , there was a lot of junk lying around. Could be a nice courtyard if it was cleaned up.

Good size room with nice bathroom and comfortable beds. There was also a small fridge, which was nice. Staff was friendly and helpful, with advice on where to go and how to get there.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Basically fine place value for money -- but wifi effectively doesn't work and is not secure.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

What was unacceptable was wifi. Incredibly slow. They had no password protection of networks and the networks were set up so you can't use VPN -- so your data is visible to any and everyone on that network. Not acceptable in 2017 at a hotel. Wifi is basic amenity.

Fine place. Good value for money. Clean but not sparkly.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Never ever again- do yourself a favour and go somewhere else
    • Standard Triple Room

Wifi - non existent. I travel for business and ended up buying mobile internet from O2 just so I can do some work. Room- really poor decor. Needs a paint and refurbish. Dust everywhere. I was in room of first floor and that is clearly where the maids have their stuff as the maid was faffing about outside my door since early morning hours, waking me up. The snacks in the mini bar were months out of date. If you like a coffee- bring your own. You will get some tea in your room with kettle but when you ask for coffee it's like you said something weird. Bathroom- I can imagine it once was nice. Bring your own shower gel as you get one little pouch of some soapy stuff. and beware of the sink- no plug and the draining hole is so big that I lost at least €5 coins as they fell there when I tried to put stuff on a wonky shelf in there. Late check out- asked about Late check out. Until 2pm you pay another 50% off the room price anything later it's 100%. Bearing in mind how much the rooms cost they wanted to charge me over €120 for this. Breakfast- don't bother. Dried up meat and little bit of pastry.

The only thing I liked about this hotel was leaving it!!!!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

No phone in the room to contact reception.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No phone in the room to contact reception.if anything came up you had to go down since there was no way to let them know. One night there was no hot water and no heating and despite the low temperatures in the rooms nobody offered to do something about this even after i asked them about it. There were many misshups during our stay so i would never go back there, especially after the lousy treatment of a certain employee. At our arrival they informed about a 500czk insurance for the mini bar but did not have change for my 2000czk and charged my card without authorization after i left.

has some problems

there were no space to park, we paid 20 eur (which is too much for prag) for parking. minibar fridge was not working, but they asked for deposit for the minibar, also they asked for cash if it is possible. there was not enough hot water.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

It is not far from the city center - just some stops by tram...
    • Standard Single Room

Poor wi-fi signal The smell of food on the floor and in the room in the morning (from the restaurant I guess), that I do not like. In the bathroom, water during the shower is falling on the floor and do not go. So when you step out from the shower you step into the water on the floor. Breakfast is ok, but could be better.

It is not far from the city center - just some stops by tram and two-three stops by metro (I guess). quite close yo Vyshegrad castle - several stops by train. There is a shopping mall nearby and restaurants/cafes. It's mostly calm in the hotel and in the room. Friendly staff. There is an elevator! Which is very helpful when you have a very heavy suitcase :)

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Amazing Andel Accomodation

Maybe a greater variety for breakfast, but that's because I feel I have to say something bad

Staff were attentive, rooms were very spacious and clean but the location was great with so many things just a short walk away

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Good value for the price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi was absolutely useless in our room. It only worked in the lobby and in the corridor. Probably it depends on your room whether it works or not.

Good value for the price. Location near the metro and trams made it easy to get to from the airport. Breakfast was ok, nothing special but better than nothing. Room kind of small. Close to a big shopping mall with a huge Tesco was a big plus.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Really like the pillows.

I booked superiour room, when got there they tried to tell me that standard room is superior room (have stayed in standard room before). Next day got the room what they have in pictures as superiour room. Need to ask for soap, loads of dust everywhere.

Really like the pillows.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The usual lovely service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

WiFi could be better as it shuts down outside of service hours. i find this annoying as i like a late night browse of the internet because i sleep less than my other half.

The bed was indeed extra comfy, however we aren't used to the Czech style single duvet each. They also speak good english for when my Czech fails me. They are also always happy to keep hold of your bags for you if you wish to jump on the metro into the town centre and don't want to lug around all your stuff.

Nice hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bath curtain should have been longer so that water won't splash out and wet nearly the whole bathroom floor. Should have replenished soap everyday - stayed there for three nights.

Room was bigger than I thought! Decent breakfast and overall I felt that the cheap price I paid is very worth it! Very near Andel main bus station, easy to go to Czesky Krumlov with RegioJet as the bus leaves from the Andel main bus station.

Browse Hotel Andel traveller photo gallery