Reviews of Hotel Trinidad Prague Castle 4 stars

U Železné lávky 14, Prague, 118 00, Czech Republic

#305 of 612 hotels in Prague

• Double or Twin Room

There were no amenities - no shampoo, conditioner, facial tissue, etc. Bare basics. A pump in bath that was supposed to be bath gel, shampoo, etc. - all in one. Breakfast was minimal and not so tasty. We were expecting 4 star which this was definitely not! They did not make up our room on the second day. The furniture is looking tired - scratches on the chairs that could be given a facelift very easily at minimal cost. Not worth the price we paid.

The room was large, the bed comfortable. The bathroom was spacious as well. the location was great. We were able to walk to the Prague Castle, Charles Bridge and Old Town which was plus. The front desk was knowledgeable and able to give adequate directions.

• Double or Twin Room

Lift service, as it was not functional in all the stores, card not accepted in the restaurant, airport transfer more costly than the actual rates

Location, staff, accessibility

• Double or Twin Room

Our only problem was as previously mentioned - no proper shower.

We were given a room on the 2nd floor at the rear of the hotel although we had requested an upgrade as we were celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary. We mentioned this to the lady on reception and were given a room at the front of the hotel with a good view of the castle and Petrin Tower. The only drawback with the room was it didn't have a proper shower - a huge corner bath if you like a bath but with a hand-held shower attachment. The kingsize bed was very comfy and the breakfast was very good, although we didn't realise till our last morning that there was a variety of cooked eggs selection. The location was very convenient for all the attractions and just across the road from the metro.

• Double or Twin Room

I stayed in the room which is not ready to welcome the guests. Dusty, no views (under construction outside), and poor curtain. There is an elevator between the floors, not connected to the floor of the guest room directly. And Insufficient makeup, didn’t clean up the room well, only moving some furnitures for covering dusts.

Good location and kind staffs. Nice accessibility to old town, about 10-15 mins by walking.

• Double or Twin Room

There were higher expectations as to the four stars hotel. I have booked the hotel, because it has a wonderful view on the castle (according to the photos), but unfortunately we were given roof top room with windows in the ceiling and no view ... The room seemed smaller and was not bright, as expected. There were no slippers.

The location is very good - close to the castle and Karlov bridge - nice walking routes. The breakfast was good, though the room is a bit too dark.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was basic, but the coffee needs work.

I knew when I booked it was a older hotel, when I got a ground floor room next to the road I was initially concerned, but the room was large, quiet and at night with the shutters closed dark. Good locate, easy access to the castle and Charles Bridge without the big day or night time crowds over the river in the city which is about 10mins walk.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location, big rooms which are well furnished. Has an antique look to it and the rooms look out to the Prague castle. Very peaceful locality and only minutes away from the bustle.

• Apartment

A sense of stale air, if you want to exchange it for the air from outside, you will face with substantial traffic noise.

Very good selection of food for breakfast, attentive guy in charge for service in restaurant (habla español), complimentary bottled water supply, public garage 6-7 min away, assistance with finding parking place upon arrival to residence, beautiful view of Castle from residence, excellent position in vicinity of main attractions in city center.

• Double or Twin Room

one of the most authentic and beautiful hotels I've stayed at. Room was huge and such character. Loved it. The staff was so friendly. Walking home at night was so amazing with the beautiful views.

• Apartment

The breakfast is pretty basic, and the guy in the kitchen is not so frendly.

Very pleasand young man on the reception. We arrived late, 15mins before midnight, he helped me to find a parking place (which is hard in the center of Prague) by sitting with me in my car ... Window view directly to Hradcani.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel location is very convenient to reach out to Charles Bridge, Castle and Old City Square. It's also easily accessible by public transport from Prague Airport and train station is just on the other side of the road. Overall, I had very nice experience and enjoyed my holidays in Prague and this is possible only when stay is nice.

• Double or Twin Room

Metro/trams run most of night. Not noisy but you can feel the vibrations. I had room 11, first floor. Maybe better higher up. Fridge rubbish. Safe didn't look safe! Classic (aka old fashioned) decor and furniture. If you want modern, it's not for you. Saying that its in a beautiful old building and modern just wouldn't look right.

Gorgeous mattress and bed. Bed linen smelled lovely! Fantastic deep bath, great water pressure and instant hot water. Good view of Prague Castle from front bedrooms. 30 seconds walk from metro station. 10 mins on metro and change to a bus for 15 mins and you're at the airport. VERY easy journey in November. Suspect it may be longer in high season?? Costs about £2. (32 Czech Crowns for a 90 minute pass) Don't bother with taxis/hotel transfers. Comparatively cheap hotel. In a wonderful location if you want to be away from trashy drunk stag parties. Mala Strana is a UNESCO heritage site. Don't expect them to take Euros everywhere. Czech Crowns still very much in circulation. Small businesses don't take Euros but everyone takes credit cards.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfest is poor it can be more rich.

The room and bathroom are big and cormftable. The room service is good. The hotel is near to all sites in prague so you are not need to use the public transportaion. A underground station is a 3 minutes walking time from the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was fine but nothing special, the coffee needed improvement.

A nice traditional building with large rooms. The bed was comfortable and the views were better than we expected. There was some noise from streetcar/trolley but it was also convenient for transportation. The location is a short walk from many of Prague's sites.

My parent room in the third floor had smoking/moldy odor(?) and the hotel seemed to apply the strong fragrance to the bedding. Due to the both smell, my parent was not able to sleep on the first night. After changing the room on the 2nd date (as the staff in the reception told us that it was not possible to change the room on the 1st date due to fully booked), my parent slept well.

I traveled with my children and parents to Prag. My room with the children was big enough. The hotel was closed to the tram and subway stations and to the old town.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking in Prague is a nightmare. We missed a parking at the hotel... but I guess this is too much for Prague.

Room size quite big. Location is pretty good as you are midway from downtown to the castle. You can reach both by walking. Besides, if you arrive by car, and spend just one night you might have a chance to park in a non resident area close to the hotel (outside on the left).

• Double or Twin Room

The first day there were 2 students manning the front desk. Both not helpful. Asked for one extra pillow and was told the hotel did not have any. The next day there was another young guy and he was slightly better. He asked housekeeping to provide us one, unfortunately housekeeping sent us a pillow case....LOL. When we brought up the young guy to show him the case, he had housekeeping send us an actual pillow. Housekeeping was atrocious. One day towels not changed. Another day both soap decanters empty and not refilled. We could tell that toilets were not washed or cleaned, just towels changed. Hotel lift does not bring you to your floor but at a landing. There is always a staircase to the next floor. As we had 2 bags weighing 23 kgs each, I had to lug both up or down the stairs depending on which way you prefer. Housekeeping needs to be improved. Part of the problem in this hotel is that there is no supervisor or manager onsite running this hotel.

There was an elderly lady who worked the last 2 days we were there. She was extremely helpful and went beyond her call of duty to assist. Kudos to her. Pity we forgot to get her name.

• Double or Twin Room

i booked it as a 4 star hotel as a treat for my family. this hotel is nowhere near a 4 star. not even close to a 3 star. its more like a family owned 1/2 star hotel. carpet found toenails, room was tiny, curtains only cover half of the window. although the guy changed i biger room after i complaint, still, it was such a disappointment. the breakfast, you can just skip it. one mone kitchen with filtered coffee. i am a bog breakfast eater, can't even finish the coffee as it worse then a Tesco instant coffee. i trevel a lot, have seen 4 star hotels in many countries. first time seen such a under standered hotel. hance my worst review ever given on booking.com

the location is ok 15 walk from old town. subway is right crose the street.

• Apartment

The room that we booked was 2 bedroom family room. I want to emphasize the price wasn't cheap. . As we booked it in advance it took us 410 euros per 3 nights. We stayed as a family - 3 adults and 1 kid. Those nights were definitely nightmare. I woke up at the middle of the night due to awful itching. When I got up and turn on the light, I couldn't believe to my eyes!!!! Our beds were full of bedbugs!!! They sucked our blood and some of them barely moved! Even my bedsheet was in blood spots... How nasty and disgusting ! They were all over the bed and on our body!!! I immidiately called the hotel person and showed him those nasty bedbugs and asked him that we not gonna stay in this room. He gave us another room but we were not sure if other rooms were clean. We couldn't move to other place because it was midnight and we already paid for the hotel and were out of money enough for another reservation. The hotel staff apologized for inconvenience and gave us just 10% discount- 41 euros back. That was all story. It was ous first family vacation trip to Prague and I really didn't expect such a turnover. I wish I could stay longer and enjoy my trip but this hotel made us upset. And I believe if I call to special desinfection service the hotel would have 0 stars instead of 8.2 stars. Never will recommend this hotel !!!

• Apartment

Promised apartement turned out to be two separate rooms. Not so great with kids as I made my choice based on that. Renovation dust was not cleaned from our bathroom. Breakfast below average.

Location was great, rooms with old Prague atmosphere

• Double or Twin Room

Food was not good. Bread was stale, there was an ordering system, but I had to hunt the woman down to order. Wasn't worth having breakfast their so I ate elsewhere. Cleaning was really inconsistent, they never replaced my water glasses and did not replace the toilet roll.

• Double or Twin Room

With windows open, noise from the trolleys was horrific: it was OK with windows tightly closed.

Loved the room itself...spacious, elegant, comfortable. Most staff very helpful. Great location.

The hotel is a decent 3 star, 4 star is a stretch. Toiletries are expected to be present in every room. In one of the rooms I booked we had 2 samples of shampoo for the first night, and were left with a soap and a hand wash for the second.

Location. The historical districts and the castle are easily reachable. Beds were very good for a hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is average and was exactly the same every single day. They only had hand soap and could not provide me with shampoo. When I asked the closest store where I could get some, they told me to take the subway and go to Palladium... Bring your own toiletries.

Location is great, you can walk to Charles Bridge, the castle and to the main square in less than 10 min.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was just average. Could have been better.

Excellent location, 3 minutes walk from old town, 5-6 minutes to Charles bridge, 10 minute to Prague castle. Room was very spacious, and seeing a baby with us, they gave us on ground floor. We arrived at 7:00 am in the morning, and they gave us the room at that time only (instead of normal afternoon check-in).

Wifi not great, missing tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

I booked hotel trindad castle for a party of 13 from the UK on a long stag weekend break and so glad I did. The location is brilliant, so close to all the main attractions, Old Town, Charles Bridge, The Palace. Rooms and apartments that were booked are beautiful, clean, spacious with a bath and shower, TV, kind of a vintage style decoration, each room also has a safe deposit box and key which is free to use, very quiet and peaceful location. Standard and adequate buffet breakfast which was just enough to start our day. What stood out the most was the expectional service from the staff, from the moment we arrived we were made to fell very welcome, quick check in and no messing. On the last day we encountered some issues with our flight home, the hotel went above and beyond speaking to the airline and airport in Czech to help sort out, they even allowed us to use there computer to check details and reprint a boarding pass. Its amazing to see hotels do this and bend over backwards to help when problems are encounted, that is true customer service. The hotel arranged our airport transfers, everything was on time, booked and done properly. Well done Trinidad, thank you for all your help and you certainly receive 10 / 10 from us all.

Basic breakfast

Great location. Walking distance to the Prague Castle and Charles Bridge, very convenient. Excellent wifi reception. Room clean and tidy.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not varied enough.

From our room we had a gorgeous view to the castle. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. We enjoy are stay very much.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Nothing that really bothered me.

I was here for 7 nights all together (two reservations). Location was perfect for what I needed. Staff was very nice despite being a bit coldly professional, but I guess that's cultural. Room was very nice, cosy, clean and bed linens, pillow cases and towels smelled very nice. Breakfast was very good. Apart from all that, I am a lover of Prague. To me, the most beautiful, relaxing and safe place of all big cities around the world. My 5th time here and I'll keep coming back! If the cost/benefit remains, this is likely to be my "home" in Prague.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff ride, water coming into room, found hair from previous occupancy in "made up" bad, ...

This is at best a 2* property and not 4*. They apply exorbitant exchange rate for booking.com sales in Euro so not good for booking.com as well.

• Double or Twin Room

Two double bed for a single person. Some bed bugs in room. Breakfast low veriety It could be better for the same price

Room style nice Friendly staff Overall clean Great location

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Some of the room furniture needs some maintenance.

The hotel had a particular style and we enjoyed an exquisite Prague Castle view from our room. The bathroom was luxurious.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Apartment

Excellent to be in the Little Quarter and out of the main tourist area of Old Town. A short walk to the castle, Jewish quarter, Charles bridge, Lennon wall...basically everything! Breakfast was great too! The room was great for family of 4 with my 14 and 11 year old. Nice to have separate rooms!

• Apartment

I wish we stayed longer.

The hotel was centrally located to Prague Castle and downtown Prague. Very nice, friendly and helpful staff. The receptionist was helpful with planning and booking activities. The room was huge, with a nice sitting area, extra large bathroom, great view of the castle, refrigerator, and was kept exceptionally clean. Breakfast was cereals, breads, and cold cuts.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Apartment

Breakfast was the only real disappointment. I am not sure what kind of oil they use to make scrambled eggs, seemed like machine oil to us. We didn't feel well, after just trying a little bit (obviously had to leave almost all of it). Either skip the breakfast alltogether or stay with something very safe.

Location is very good: a short walk from the castle and also a pretty short walk across the bridge to the central square. Facilities are quite nice and clean. People are quite friendly, although not very good command of English.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Safe didn't work so had to leave items with staff who wasn't happy with that. Breakfast was limited.

Location - next to Prague castle and metro station

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Just some minor things: - The sign for the hotel name was quite difficult to see if you arrive there by car. We missed it the first time and had to surround the whole street again. The name should be made more visible for cars. - The fridge was quite noisy in the night. - With regards to the breakfast: The boiled eggs were served cold (even when they just added new ones) which we found quite unsual.

Excellent location near the Charles Bridge and the Old Town. The room was large enough for 2 persons and it was quiet enough to get some good sleep.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The guy on reception who met me the day i arrived-as i remember his name was Andrew.(I'm not sure how to write his name right) Not the kind of person u wish to see after 16 hours flight)))

Location of the hotel is perfect. Room was big and comfortable. Breakfast is ok- nothing special but enough to keep u feel good) Special thanks to Jan and the girl on reception(unfortunately i forgot her name)

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Apartment

Location is absolutely perfect. Just through the bridge and you are in the old city. The view from the room to the castle was amazing and the staff were very kind and helpful. I could just suggest this property for everyone.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Kinda strange room service. I put some flowers in a glass; every time after the room service I found the glass empty, without any water. In my personal opinion, the hotel can have only 3 stars rating, not 4. Linen was not changed for 6 days, the floor was very cold, no slippers or bathrobe were provided.

The location is awesome: it will take you 5 minutes to get to the Karl's Bridge. Metro station is in 3 minutes, metro line gets you straight to the airport.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Apartment

The breakfast was aweful. Not expected such a low profile breakfast when spending no small money. The hotel is very hard to find unless you have internet on phone.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Hotel is very near to the castle but little far from the center.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Just check out from this hotel and i will NEVER EVER come back again. I didn't expected that in a 4 star hotel room to be so cold, they don't have even a electric radiator. After first night i got cold and had to take many pills. Also in the elevator was cold as outside and the breakfast is very poor. I DON'T RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

You enter the hotel and the reception is at the top of the stairs. The male receptionist watched me struggle to bring my suitcase up the stairs and seemed to want to speak as few words as possible when I checked in; I didn't feel that welcome. The room was very dirty, the carpet had hairs everywhere (it looked like dog hair) and the shower had not been cleaned, I wore flip flops everywhere, I did not want to be barefoot. I had a window on the ceiling with no blind so as soon as dawn broke I was awake.

The location was excellent! The female receptionist who works early Saturday mornings helped me a lot with directions to the train station on the day I left - I wished she was there when I arrived so I could have had someone to ask questions about the city to.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast very basic. Plugs on taps didn't work no one came to mend them.

The situation of the hotel good near most places of interest and all in walking distance.

• Double or Twin Room

Location was great. Near Castle & metro station. Breakfast was good. You can order fresh omelettes & creps from the waitress. Cold dishes (bread, ham, salami, cheeses, fruits, jogurt, juices etc) are in buffet table. Room was large and cosy. Everyone at the reception were polite and helpful. No complaints.

- no showers only baths available, could be remedied by hotel maintenance putting a fix higher on the wall for the shower head ?

- rooms are huge, staff very friendly, breakfast was very generous

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Apartment

There was a problem with bathroom faucet,when u turn it on water is everywhere on the floor Breakfast is little bit poor for a 4 stars Hotel

The staff was great and friendly,Excellent location,the rooms are fantastic,comfortable and amazingly Furnished with touch of Class and glamour especially the lace curtains.Wifi speed is excellent

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Some of th staff was somewhat friendly and welcoming, others not so much.

We loved the location of this hotel very close to public transit a museum also the Charles bridge and the Prague castle. The hop on hop off stops around the corner as well!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There was one empty skittles bag in the closet . And one of the light in front of the mirror in the bathroom is broken. No one came to fix it. The wifi is a little bit slow during the night. The facility in the bathroom are a little bit old. Need some renovation soon.

The staffs are nice and willing to help us. The room is huge and nice. Very classic setup. The location is perfect. You can easily go to every tourist spot within walking distance. And the neighborhood is really safe.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Apartment

Dirty and shebby room, breakfast, no child high chair in the restaurant and thus in a room( we have a 1 year child who needs to be fed), no mattress in a baby cot

Location, room size, room view( we had a 50 sq.m. Apartment), relatively cheap in comperison to other hotels in Prague, proximity to metro station

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Apartment

We had the apartment the air conditioner was mediocre but pleasant in only one room the air didn't reach the second room at all. Also the shower a bit awkward could use a curtain as water got everywhere!! Decor is three star quality and very outdated!!! Gives it a cheap feeling and less quality. Breakfast was not good the restaurant has no ventilation and was small and hot made enjoying breakfast just awful we didn't have breakfast but once and cappuccinos were extra money 😔

Location location and the staff was very helpful with questions!!! Room was ok. The beds are comfortable but decor was seriously lacking. More three star quality decoration and carpeting , just old, but comfortable enough. the giant tub was amazing for after hours soaking

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Friendly staff. Hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood. Metro station and tram stop are across street from hotel, very convenient to move around the city. If you are looking for an inexpensive nice hotel, I recommend Hotel Trinidad.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Most things . Not sure if Booking.com is to blame but when I booked it said use of phone, safe and fridge. The phone would not let you dial externally. As this was a business trip it was a disaster. The staff in the restaurant were so unhappy. You had to speak first!.

The young man on reception did try to please me with all my disappoints and let downs.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Apartment

Insuffitient parking place, but this is problem anyway in Prague. Stuff help me about this because I am disabled and cannot walk far away. Thank you for that.

Staff excellent. Family athmosphere, luxury feeling.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Apartment

The breakfast was not good at all. Plan to go out for pastry and coffee.

Hard to review. Our experience wasn't bad, just not great. The hotel wasn't dirty, just a little old. While the location and view from hotel is wonderful, it is on a busy street and gets loud if windows are open.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

This is not a 4-star hotel, its facilities are a bit better than a hostel. Don't be misled by its photos. Bed is small, the pillow has a stupid design, very uncomfortable. Room service is terrible (towel is not changed). Breakfast is subpar, staff is unfriendly and speaks poor English.

Location, and only the location.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Apartment

Elevator was every other floor, so we had to take the bags up or down one flight of stairs. Bedroom could have used a fan, there was an AC in the living room. Parking pass was 25 euros a day.

Location was great. The tram and underground were across the street. The Charles bridge was about a 10 minute walk. Nice big family room.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was in a dark room, the selection wasn't amazing. I did expect more. The breakfast lady, kept disappearing into another room to watch videos of some kind...Wasn't greeting guests on arrival in the breakfast room. Also the all hotel has ONLY 1 IRON :)

The bed was really good! Location was really good! Next time will try something different in the same location. There is plenty to choose from :) it is not really 4 starts at all.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

First Night at check in lady at reception didnt speak any english. It was pretty difficult to communicate and reach informations. We had to wait morning after to get infos about the city and get the air conditioning remote control becouse she didnt understood and we couldnt sleep becouse of The warmness. Minibar never worked during all stay. Could be better for a 4 star. Courious the position of tv becouse couldnt watch it from bed becouse of the angle of it, we had to switch position into the bed to watch it. Below expectations

Location, room size, breakfast, value for money reasonable

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Apartment

Air conditioning only in one room of the two - hot to sleep. Dusty room. No minibar.

Location is excellent. Large two-room room - very handy when traveling with children. Quiet little hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Lift works fine except it does stop between floors, so you must walk 10 steps or so to get to your room and breakfast.

Fantastic Location near Prague Castle and Old Town. Clean rooms, very comfortable beds in a quiet area with parks around.

Location was amazing

The location is excellent, where you could easily walk to all attractions. Friendly staffs.

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom with no flat shoses

Surely Bedroom

• Double or Twin Room

Appeared a bit dated Breakfast was basic with a charge for warm options

Super spacious and charming. Best location in Prague

• Double or Twin Room

There are no comments available for this review

weak breakfast

excellend location

• Double or Twin Room

Perfect location, near Hradcany Castle, Charles Bridge and Old Town.

• Double or Twin Room

No body is answering the phone from out of the hotel. I forget something and no body is answering

• Double or Twin Room

No kettle in the room! I need to ask front desk for hot water when I want a cup of tea!

Nice View, Super large room, Delicious breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was lovely and warm, even though it was February and below zero outside

Cleaniness not good.

Hotel is far below what is shown on booking.com site

• Double or Twin Room

Traditional old Czech Hotel near the castle. Very comfortable bed. Excellent bathroom!

Very friendly staff