Reviews of Hotel Apartments Wenceslas Square 3 stars

Václavské náměstí 36, Prague, 11000, Czech Republic

#976 of 1,508 Holiday rentals in Prague

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

We visited on 31st may.....it was very hot.....but had to pay every day charges for A.C. as for 1 BHK apartment there was only 1 fan.......I think they should have provided A.C. free of cost

Location is excellent.. variety of hotels ,pubs,casino nearby.10 min walking distance from main railway station...tram station and metro station.....indian restaurant on 5 min walking distance...worth recommending to all who wants to enjoy Prague

• Studio (4 Adults)

No air-conditioning which means room gets hot. With windows open noise from then square is very loud and insects enter the apartment. Property has a washer but not a dryer so cloths are hanging all around to dry.

Location was ideal. Well maintained, roomy apartment. Windows when closed blocked out all noise from Wenceslas Square.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The property is nothing like in the pictures. We emailed back and fourth during booking to secure a room with a balcony. Having been given a specific room number we were shocked to find the room didn't only not have a balcony but was also nothing like the pictures on Booking.com. it was dated, the shower didn't work properly, the ironing board was broken and there was a curtain missing in the bedroom. The cleaners let themselves into the apartment whenever they felt like it and waking up to the bins being changed isn't my idea of a holiday.

The location of the apartment is perfect if you want to be in the middle of everything. It is in the middle of Wencelas Square and with in easy walking distance of all attractions, restaurants, shops etc.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

We stayed 3 nights but got told that we would need to move apartments after the first night which was a mess about. Also the first 1 was spot on with a big balcony so wen they told us they would move us to a bigger 1 without a balcony we said that we would rather stay in the 1 with the balcony they said no and made us move. Was not happy.

The location is great. Close to everything really and was quiet.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Low quality and outdated equipment, a re-paint would be needed. Everywhere energy saving notes on the walls. Low water pressure in the shower, probably for saving purposes too. Noisy roof terraces in the evening, so windows should be closed.

Booked four apartments which should of served 14 people but was only set up for 6

Beds were not made up in rooms and not enough towels or blankets to go around

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The view from window meant we could see amd hear people in other properties nearby and they could see and hear us.

Amazing location close to everything you need. No need for taxis to get to anywhere.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

They require a 50 Euro deposit for the key.

We had an amazing room with a balcony looking over the city. There was also a small kitchen which was helpful.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Beds were not so comfy. And some toiletteries would have been good. Also for 2 nights stay we couldn’t get our towels changed though cleaning fee is included in the price.

Perfect location, walking distance from attractions & transportation.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

For a few years I’m customer. Here you find around 5 companies sharing the same reception and they are using different buildings. This company is for sure the last booking I ever did. Now, I canceled the day before my booking due a wrong date and booked for the next date. I had issues with my credit cards because they where stolen a few weeks before so I had a credit card online what was blocked. Anyway... the next day I passed to the reception and paid the new booking. The same day I receive an email from #ŠárkaMěsková - sales manager at #PragueApartment with a statement " If we do not get the payment or any answer from you by the end of this month, we will have to put your name to the International Touristic Blacklist and inform every agency and hotel partners about your behaviour." !!! Even confirming that this text is a "policy from Booking.com. I never had such an email because of a credit card not working or canceling a booking. Of course I was offended and its for sure appropriate to talk to a customer like this. Even I was getting pointed from Mrs Měsková I shouldn't take it personally. The next day I go to the reception for the check-in. Next surprise. Even I paid for that booking they did NOT allow me to check in and give me the keys out because the cancel fee from the previous booking was not paid!!!! I had a call with her ( recorded it of course) and again she confirmed not allowing me to get in the building, getting my keys so long I paid the cancellation fee!!!! Knowing, I PAID for that night. Also in her email stated that cancellation fee should be paid till the end of the month. This behavior gets supported from Booking.com???? So after paying also the cancellation fee I received the keys... Now if you have an attitude, behavior and arrogance like #ŠárkaMěsková then I would do all is possible the flat is intact BUT ( see photos) disgusting!!! From the previous tenants was still something left in the bathroom.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment (8 Adults)

Didn’t match with photos on website the large apartments with balcony only had one bathroom and to access balcony you had to go through bedroom

Clean well equipped apartments

• Studio (4 Adults)

I did not like my room. Kitchen and bathroom were in the first level, bed in a second floor, so you had to go up and down a very difficult stair every time you need to go to the bathroom.

Location was great.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The proximity to the train station, while still within close range of nightlife and sightseeing, was unbeatable. They also let us request late checkout at the very last moment, so we could sleep in after a late night, which was highly appreciated!

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

I liked the rooftop terrace, shame it wasn’t the greatest weather to enjoy up there! And in the perfect spot right in the centre of Wenceslas Square, if you’re not in walking distance of your desired destination there is a tram stop just outside and a taxi rank. Also outside is a subway leading to a supermarket, best to avoid the costly prices of the tourist markets.

• Studio (4 Adults)

Hi, I loved everything. Location directly in heart of the city. The apartment was really big with big bath, so could enjoy and relax. Look really luxury and I feel like I am at home. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Really recommend to everyone.

• Studio (4 Adults)

Studio was tiny and although we booked a studio that was supposed to fit up to 4 adults there is no way that 4 adults fitted into our studio. There was only dining space and chairs for 2.

The location is great. Easy access to all major attractions and places to eat and drink. The apartment was warm, cosy and the washing machine in the bathroom was really useful as we are travelling for a while. Kitchen was compact but had everything we needed.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Toiletries not provided on day of arrival; one first did not have a pillow to sleep on; bathroom ran out of hand liquid soap; cleaner does not sweep the floor...

Pillows.

Well located in wenseslas sq. A good size apartment. Note that the underground parking is 'automatic' - it's super cool to watch it take your car away, but note that this means that it's not possible to access things from car when in garage. Just need to be prepared. Can get car out when need it too but not as quickly. Definitely means it is secure.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Studio (4 Adults)

Our first apartment had a broken heating system and there was one girl at the reception refused to acknowledge there was a problem! She was not so polite to us which was quiet shocking. But then I guess there was a shift and a guy coming to help us and offered to change the apartment. He even patiently checked the heating system in the switched apartment.

After we reported there were problems about the apartment, the staff there offered to change an apartment for us. Also cannot complain about the location.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Three-Bedroom Apartment (8 Adults)

The apartment was cold, yet there was hardly 0-5C outside. The heating was only working occasionally. TV channels - absolutely poor selection (perhaps 6-7 channels - all Czech)

Location is the major driver for choosing this accommodation. Stable Wi-Fi.

• Studio (4 Adults)

It could not have been better. The staff and the accommodations were exceptional.

My wife and I were there for 4 days on vacation. We had a magnificent apartment with a grand view of the Prague Castle complex including St .Vitus from our deck. We couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was awesome and they took great care of us and our rental car. They also have info about Prague available just like any other hotel. Wencelas Square itself is in the central part of the city and very near all of the important sites in old town. The Mustek subway stop is almost right outside the door to the apartment and one can get from there to anyplace in the city. Cant say enough good stuff about this accommodation. If you have doubts book it anyway I did and I was glad I did.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

A bit noisy sometimes, when neighbors are having parties.

Excellent location on Wenceslas Square, a lots of shops, restaurants and clubs around. Easy to get taxi or just walk to the main attractions.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The bed was too Low & too soft to sleep. The bed frame are old. We encountered itchiness after sleeping on the bed. Feedback to staff & they responded by changing the bedsheets the next day. The next morning we found 1 bed bug on the bed. We also having difficulty in opening & closing the apartment door, need some skill to open & close the apartment door. The apartment lighting was too dim. The kitchenware chipped off & also dirty. The water pressure in the bathroom was too low & the temperature of the water either too hot or too cold. The laundry rack was broken & not able to use it. At night, the apartment can be quite noisy. Can hear noise from the street. The breakfast we have in the apartment which located on the 4th floor was terrible & not worth the money. The apartment was not well maintained. Overall not so comfortable to stay in.

The location of the apartment was good. The staff was friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Bathroom is quite dated and needs modernising. Privacy is an issue as bedroom windows looked onto neighbours' terraces. Use of gym was only free in the mornings. Cleaning staff were not very thorough. Rooms at the back of the building not the best as no views. Unsavory characters and escorts near the entrance to the building can be intimidating for sum, but they appeared non-harassing. Minimum TV options

Central location, close to M&S and other tourist attractions, and shopping areas. Gym is a nice extra for the property and so is the terrace on the roof. Has everything you need. One way shuttle is free as we stayed more than 5 nights. Luggage storage at no charge.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

For TV channels, only around 14 channel and there is no support for that, the bed mattress so old and not comfortable. There is a cleaning everyday but if i'm not available, only rubbish bags is changed

For family, the location was excellent, the area so vital, near to most facilities and I got support I need from reception with smile. Faster responded, I have been seen, if you send an email to them

• Studio (4 Adults)

The breakfast very sparse although not included we want to try but,absolutely no

The bed is super comfortable staff 10/10 cleaning very good, the location is absolutely perfect.

• Studio (4 Adults)

1. It is not the first time when pictures given on the site doesn't correspond to the reality. In real life the apartment are not so new (white painted doors became yellow; walls are with dark scratches) 2. There was no remote for the air conditioner. Thanks to my husband, he is tall enough to do it manually. 3. Hair-drier was supposed to have three modes but all of them were cold. It took me quite time to dry my hair. 4. I had the feeling of dirty floors and be honest my child's socks showed that I was right. 5. We didn't find toaster and dishwasher in the kitchen (and nowhere else) although it was in the description for our particular apartment. 6. When booking the room, users mention the age of kids if they travel with parents. I don't think that it can be used only for total price calculation. I would advise the apartments owner not to offer the rooms with stairs to visitors with kids of small age (<3 years). It is quite dangerous and we had to control our child all the time.

Location is SUPER good and terrace has a spectacular view.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

This was my second visit here. I was again satisfied. Apartments are directly in the city center with the best options for every direction. It was clean and comfortable. It was fully equipped 2 room apartment with kitchen. The parking is very close (less then 10m) from apartment.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Noisy room at night with people outside on roof terrace. Thought were getting balcony room although didn't miss one. Crockery chipped and cracked.

Good central location. Room very clean. Comfortable accommodation. No real complaints overall.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment (8 Adults)

They did not respond to my requests and when I arrived, I was shocked that it was not the apartment I requested. There was no balcony, there was no roof and the windows were walled and there was no air conditioning.also the apartment is not clean the result becouse we are Arabic family they give me the worst apartment they have I have experience in hotel classification so I give them no star and any classify only like a flat i book it form family الصراحه ما انصح فيه كان بإمكاني أحجز بافضل الفنادق في براغ لكني كنت أبحث عن فندق فيه بلكونه وعندما قرأت عر الشقه بموقع بوكينينج قلت هذا ما أريده عندما حجزت الشقه طلبت بها بلكونه و تكون مطله عالشارع وبها مكيف لكني انصدمت بأنهم وفروا لي أسوأ شقه في البنايه لا توجد بها بلكونه ولا مكيف بما ان الوقت الذي ذهبت في الى براغ كان حار وعندي طفلي يعاني من الإكزيما لكن لم يستجيبوا لي واعتذروا بانه خطأ الموظف على حساب رحلتنا والنوافذ مطله على الجدران حتى ومافيها تنظيف والله ما انصح فيه أبدا بما ان لي خبرت في تصنيف الفنادق انا ما أعطيه شقه فندقيه كأنك حاجز شقه من عند عائله يعني بالمختصر اللى تشوفه في الواقع غير اللى تقرا في بوكيننج

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

There was nothing we didn't like about it but feel it needs highlighting that all rooms don't have a balcony as photos on website and wording in description led us to believe that all rooms have balconies.

Property very centrally located. Staff were very helpful. I had assumed all rooms have a balcony which they don't but we were moved as soon as one became available.

• Studio (4 Adults)

It is very accessible in public transport from the airport so no need to pay the ridiculous amount for the pre-booked taxi (which was still more expensive than a regular taxi!)

The staff was very nice and friendly, the apartment was clean and comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Behaviour of staff Cleanliness Their was no proper house keeping Washrooms r really bad During summer they do not provide fans even if u request they will refuse arrogantly if u say something they will straightway say cancel your booking

Only location

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Studio (4 Adults)

- Property was not the same in pictures (picture was completely different when I paid for room, outdated and small also only one double bed and one very low uncomfortable sofa bed for 3 people also looked like we had a balcony from the pictures... dissapointing) - Had problems with the T.V....despite me booking this property partly for having a working T.V. (I was recovering post op) the staff could not help with the t.v. and were not paticularly helpful...responding 'people don't come to Prague to watch T.V....' - Restaurant was not good and over priced for breakfast... - No Air conditioning... Therefore not really worth £100 per night

Excellent location and clean

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

There was no air conditioning, on hot days it was a little annoying, luckily, most of the time was pleasant weather

In the center of town, excellent location, courteous staff, clean and large rooms, quiet.

• Studio (4 Adults)

Our last two nights in Prague were pretty hot and while we had an A/C unit in the room, we had no way to turn it on.

Location was central to old town Prague and for travelers who like the option of cooking their own meals, the studio kitchen is an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Studio (4 Adults)

Photos look great. Actual house looks totally opposite. Requested for a non-smoking room, but they gave me a room with smoke smell. The hotel says it has air-conditioning, however, when arrived, it does not have air-conditioning at all and was asked to pay extra to get portable AC. Felt scammed. No Welcome drinks, no water, nothing. Wifi was not working only works after making 3 separate calls and took about 5 hours to fix it. Will not recommend.

The only good thing about this is the location. It's really in the middle of the old town city, which is really good. and that's basically about it.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Studio (4 Adults)

We were with three people, which was a bit crowded since the living room was also the bedroom and connected to an open kitchen. We did not have a balcony, while the smoking people around our apartment did have a balcony.. so not only that, but when we opened a window we had smoke coming in... Some neighbours were also quite noisy after 12 PM, which was a bit of a nuisance, but little you can do about it. Reception of TV was not great.

Very kind and helpful staff. Our view was to the inner terrasse, which was ok and relatively quiet. There was an elevator. Cleaning changed towels, which was nice. Taxi was well arranged, and we got one way for free since we stayed 6 nights.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

It is an apartment rented out to all segment people. We were little sacred with some guys who were fully drunk it was scary scene for the family stays. However this scene was limited to lift and exist pathway only, otherwise it was fully safe.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Studio (4 Adults)

if only a bath room could be a little bit cozy.

The very centre of Prague is amazing! And you can find everything for any price in range of 10 minutes walk

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Studio (4 Adults)

Steep steps in the patio of the apartment and the low roof so I hit myself to the head. But it is ok, just watch out next time.

Hard to imagine a better location! All nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Stafff wasn't friendly During my stay of 4 nights the room wasn't cleaned There was no phone in the room so for everything I need to go to reception which is not in the same building

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The bathrooms could do with being updated in decor, compared to the rest of the apartment they seemed dated. There was absolute basic utensils for the kitchen, weirdly no scissors. In one of our apartments there was some blown lightbulbs. Also strangely the apartment for 4 people felt less spacious than the one we booked for 3. (7 of us were split across two bookings)

The location was excellent, and there was lots of storage

• Studio (4 Adults)

Location was nice and staff was really friendly and kind (woman staff). Room was wide and clean and everything was perfect. Especially i loved my balcon too !

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The apartment is not like in the photos. In the photos just appear the renovated parts of them, but there are also some rooms, for example the kitchen and the bathroom that were very old.

The staff was really friendly. Both receptionists were very kind with us. The location is perfect, in the city center and near to the train station.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Sofa bed linens missing and duvet not very clean for 3rd person (which was stated in the reservation).

Great location just a few meters out of metro line A (Mustek station) if you take the right stairs. Good size appartment and well equipped. Great staff and very useful possibility to store luggages before check in and after check out.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Three-Bedroom Apartment (8 Adults)

Heating was tricky to work out, but we got there in the end.

Great place, amazing location. Everything we needed was in the apt, and the reception was very friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Try and provide some essential items like Washing Powder, Sugar, Tissue papers, etc.

Location was perfect. Cleanness and service were good. Towels were changed every second day. Cleaning every 3-4 days. The view from the balcony was really nice. The apartment is overlooking the Metro and Tram stations. There is an Indian restaurant in the building only. McDonalds, Paul, Starbucks, Costa and Burger King are all next door. TV has Netfilx subscription. There is Albert (supermarket) in the Metro station (basement). All in all a perfect property.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Studio (4 Adults)

The location of the apartments is great for travelers who want to see most of the sights of Prague on foot! Very comfort bed and kithen equiped with everything you need to prepare something to eat!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Studio (4 Adults)

* staff not very friendly or helpful * Sofa bed for third person in my group was sagging and very uncomfortable for 4 nights * Shower in bathtub wets the whole bathroom in spite of drawing the curtains. This was really annoying as towels had to be used to soak up the water near the WC and wash basin after each person showered. * Change of towels was only once during 4 day stay

* location is central with the Underground, surface trams And Hop-On Hop-off buses. It's right in the middle of shopping area with many restaurants

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Apart from the bedroom, the longe/kitchen were shabby. The sofa was pretty done and uncomfortable. There was a large crack on the window, of the lounge..One of the lights was not working, which I reported as the lounge was dimly lit. However, this wasn't rectified during my stay.The microwave, fridge and cooker were all.very dated.

The bed was very comfy. There was a plentiful.supply of hot water and the apartment was warm, with central heating. The apartment was also spacious and had a large bath in addition to a shower, which us Brits love!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment (8 Adults)

The description said the property had a view of the square and it did not. The pictures of the apt had it decorated very nicely....there were no decorations and only a couch.....there were 2 arm chairs in the photo including a couch. The pictures and description of the apt were deceptive.

The location was good and apartment spacious as well as clean.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment (8 Adults)

As we needed to change our apartment we had the chance to see two different apartments. Both of them are quite spacious, comfortable. Warmly decorated with new furniture. You feel yourself at home. Very clean, all the rooms are well equipped and big. One of the apartments has a very nice terrace, you may see on the pictures. The staff is helpful. The location is perfect and easy to find; you only need to find Marks & Spencer at Wenceslas Square(Václavské náměstí). A couple minutes away by walk from the old city and also from the subway. Although you stay in the city center, the rooms are quite.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

- Extremely weak wifi connection - should provide extra bedsheets - Lady at the reception should be a bit more friendly/welcoming.

All is good except wifi was extremely weak - could not even Youtbue.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Studio (4 Adults)

Was bad surprised with the necessity to leave the "keys" deposit in cash, especially because i came tired late in the evening, with family and lot of luggage

Really great location - very close to the central station and all attractions. Everything what you need in place for the living - we found even the tabs for the dishwasher :)

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The apartment was so convenient, but the washing machine was a bit tricky - a fault with the water level meant it could overfill.

Great location. So easy to reach from the Prague main station.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The staff member we met on arrival at check in was quite unhelpful and abrupt in mannerisms. The male staff member at check out was much better.

The Location is fantastic - easily accessible, with all shops and places of interest very close by.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Card payments are in CZK with really bad CZK/EUR rate. You need also to pay 50 euro as a deposit and receive it back when you check out.

Excellent location, terrace, view on Václavské náměstí, helpful staff, spacious apartment.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Studio (4 Adults)

Difficult to criticise. However, unless you specify you want a room with a balcony you can get poor view of other buildings' rear ends. The plus of that is that it is quieter than the Square side.

Comfortable apartment, well equipped (but buy your own dishwasher powder) in a superb location, right on Wenceslas Square, next door to Marks and Spencer and within easy walking distance of city, river, trams, railway station, shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

The staff were not very friendly or helpful. The elevator got stuck a few times, with me inside. The expectations and facilities stated in the ad does not get explained well by staff or is as accessible as it claims. no personalised touch.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (5 Adults)

Is the best location in Prague.Great terrace with amazing view.lovely apartment with everything you need.Very helpful employee..all just perfect.

• Studio (4 Adults)

The rooftop terrace and laundry facilities were great. Lots of space. Close to the train station and a 5 minute walk from the town square.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment (8 Adults)

No towels no trace as shows in the picture

• Studio (4 Adults)

My husband thought the bed was soft.

Excellent location right near the action yet quiet.

Amazing location on Wenceslav square Really close to Main Train Station too

• Studio (4 Adults)

Amazing location - heart of Venceslav square and the balcony had a view on Prague Castle.

• Studio (4 Adults)

Good location, very cozy and clean. We would definitely choose the same apartment on our next trip to Prague.

Everything was perfect

The location is great. The staff is polite and helpful. The flat is cozy and clean. Was perfect.

Great rooms

• Studio (4 Adults)

Very nice place for the money and superb location

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Walls are grubby and need painting. Couch is horrIble and dirty. Heaters work intermittently. Kitchen equipment not great. Will not go back.

They clean the room and provide a towel once in 3 days

Close to the city centre

• Studio (4 Adults)

Water and food at the arrival

Location was perfect