Reviews of Occidental Praha 4 stars

Na Strži 32, Prague, 14000, Czech Republic

#309 of 612 hotels in Prague

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The room has no been cleaned after we have come back at the evening, just this. It has surprised me. Otherwise We have been more than satisfied. Thanks 🙂

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room had 2 single beds pushed together each with a mattress and a layer of memory foam. Each layer seemed to move around and the beds moved apart when you turned over in bed.

Nice hotel with friendly staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Toilet has a separate cabin that doesn't offer to much intimacy.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is big (our room was bigger then most other rooms). Plenty of chooses for the breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was there for 4 days for a congress. The 1st night I arrived, I could take a hot shower and it was fine. But the next day on wards, morning and evening, there was no hot water. Because I had to attend the congress, I had no choice but to take cold showers. Each time i had to call front desk to get it fixed, and it never was. Each and every time I come back to the room after a long day and just want to relax and take a hot shower, I can't. Each time they said its fixed, it still wasn't. On the 3rd day, they transferred me to another room at midnight, and when I tried to take a hot shower, there was still no hot water! It was ridiculous! Only on my last day, when I was going to check out, did the issue get resolved. It was really a nightmare staying at this hotel as after work, you can't even relax and this was emotionally draining.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfortunatelly the services, which hotel provides, were really awful. It is a Spanish hotel and receptionists don't speak Czech at all! I had to talk to the housekeeper through the reception's phone, because thy couldn't explain her in Czech that we don't want a twin bed, but a kings size one. In my registration form I have noticed (unfortunately in Czech, even though I speak English fluently. But I wouldn't even think that in Prague can be a hotel where nobody speaks Czech)that we want a room with a bath and king size bed (I payed more for that!!!), and at the end they gave us room with two beds and a shower.

The hotel itself is modern and beautiful. The have a restaurant which works until midnight (I guess) and the breakfast was really on the high level. You can park your car in their parking, but per night its 400 kc, so I would recommend to park car somewhere near. There are a lot of free parking places near the hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not included in the price and a/c seemed to be stuck and it was cold in the room Despite calls to guest services front desk addressing the problem

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The minibar was empty. Parking is somewhat limited, and if you drive a larger car, you need confidence in your driving skills to use the elevator of the parking house.

The hotel is easy to access by car, it's close to the main highway reaching Prague from the south. The room is nice and clean, the furniture is new and modern, and the bed is comfortable. The breakfast gives plenty of choices, with fresh ingredients. Internet access is fast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

One bed was kind of broke, and the floor was not clean in the bathroom (there is not even really a bathroom, just an open space, with a door for the toilet and another one for showering).

The staff was nice and friendly, the teas and coffees in the room are really good

• Superior Double or Twin Room

breakfast was boring, too many meat products, sausages, meat, salami, etc. if you are vegetarian, you have very limited options. eggs are only scrambled, veggie is very limited, not tasty, mixed with old from previous day. some of them were getting rotten. my room was not cleaned, not a big issue but was surprised.

nice room large and comfy bed

• Executive Double or Twin Room

the walls are very thin, we could hear everything that was going out to the rooms next to us and outside in the hall which meant you up early and it was hard to get to sleep if your a light sleeper like me

staff very friendly, give you information about prague when you arrive such as where tourist stops & places to eat! very clean rooms!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed very uncomfortable, super soft , impossible to sleep well Far from city center (10min walk to metro line) when i was there line was not working:(

Overall nice hotel, cheap for Prag

• Executive Double or Twin Room

House keeping didn't change the comforter even though it had stain on it. There was a pair of sock lying in the room under the bed when I checked in so I don't know how thoroughly they clean the room. It said that they have shuttle service but one had to pay separately for it.

Friendly staff, good location which is 8 minutes walk from metro station. Breakfast boufet is the best I have had in a hotel with lots of options to choose from. There are fine dining restaurants also close by. They have ATM inside the hotel for exchange where you can only get Czech Korona.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There should be more clothes hangers. I had to call to reception desk twice to ask for toilet amenities. When I arrived there was no toilet paper. On the second day, soap and shower gel disappeared.

Clean room. Friendly staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing could have been better

The reception staff were welcoming and friendly. Good selection of breakfast food in the mornings, cold buffet (meats, cheese, salad); bread, pastries and cereal; and a selection of hot food - and not too busy in the dining area. The room itself was clean and modern. The bed was extremely comfortable. Free WiFi was another great addition. The hotel was value for money, and in a great location near bus and metro stations. This gave good transport links into the city of Prague, and nearby locations. The check out time of 12 PM was also very convenient! None of the rushing around in the morning you associate with hotels. Overall - highly recommended

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1. Arkadiy Pancrac - shoping mall in 10min by walk 2. Kolkovna - very good bar with national/domestic cuisine, 18.00-22.00 rush hours (sometimes need to reserve a table) 3. Petrol/Gas station - near hotel, very convinient if you drive by car + there is a beer in a frigo so if you drank not so much in the bar you have a chance to buy some on last mile to you hotel :)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room is spacious and the cleanliness is very good. WiFi is fast enough. It is also convenient as there are ATM machine and mini market for you to buy some snacks and drinks. Overall is a good option for travelers.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The shower could have been better. Tiny cubicle which is semi-transparent from the outside and hard to hear the TV when someone is using it. Everything else was great.

The bed is amazing

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I stayed deluxe twin room, bed occupied the whole room. During my staying, there was an error of alarm system, it shouted several times at the midnight. I am so sorry about there was no post-processing from the hotel about this.

Clean and silent atmosphere

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They had problem with the pipes, so moved us to their other Occidental hotel. Transfer was covered by the hotel. It was inconvenient, but no other thing to mention.

Generally OK

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff rather unpersonal, prices for both minibar as well as parking are absurd .... 23:00-03:45 EUR 13,50 Quite a walk to the metro (15 min)'parking always full No relax chair in room. Toilet not really separate from Room

Rooms were clean.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Uppon arriving we've got a windy room, meaning that the wind was blowing in even though the window was closed... After some back and forth with the receptionist we've got another room, which was totally fine.

Spacious suite, nice bathroom arrangement, big LCD TV.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is perfect, but what is really weird, is the toilet in the hotel room. At the first sight, it looks like the toilet is located in the closet, and this is very uncomfortable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Many things were really really bad for an hotel of that price. 1. The toilette is inside the room. And? you say. And ... without possibility to close it. You can imagine the kind of smell in the room when you do your thing and you cannot close the door properly (sliding door, which does not close to the sealing)... 2.The rooms are not cleaned properly. I left a used cup of tea on the table the first evening and it was left like that for the next 2 days, till I decided to wash it. The remaining of the tea bag, sugar, etc, also were never cleaned away. 3. I wanted to have a tea the first evening. So, there was the cup, the boiler, the tea bag, the sugar, but ... no spoon. Never also the next days. 4. Breakfast room: a terrible experience. Firstly, chaotic and dirty. There are so many people that you hardly can find where to sit. Sometimes you have to wait for it, standing with your food in hands. Dirty: as there are so many people around and so few waiters, the tables are dirty, the placements are never cleaned so you just must use the one left by tenths of people before you. The coffee is TERRIBLE. Bad, Bad, Bad. 5. People are so many there, that if you are staying at an upper floor you can wait for 10-15 minutes before you get the elevator. I used all the time the stairs. 6. You cannot open the window, but that's is quite usual in such kind of hotels, so it is not a major thing.

Something that works really good there is the wi-fi. Easy to access and fast. I would say some positive words for the personnel at the reception, who do their best to support, but I can't really make a strong statement because they look all a bit stressed while trying to hide it. Nevertheless I can't complain because eventually I got what I needed from them.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It is noisy... Elevators may die someday... ( that's the impression) The prices of the Minibar are out of this world... Check the location of the parking. As in rushhour it may take you 15 minutes to get the car behind the hotel....

The location is app 10 minutes walk from Pakrac Subway station. Rooms are modern and clean. Coffee/tea facilities.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

* Parking places are very small inside of hotel, outside it's OK, but limited spaces. * Wifi was permanently disconnected after few minutes of inactivity on my phone. Registration into Wifi must be started again and again. As far as Wifi was disconnected automatically, cell-data in roaming was automatically used by my phone. Therefor just additional costs. Why I must to re-register same device again and again during my stay and why it's automatically disconnected, when other Wifi works just fine with my phone and hold whole time I'm still nearby a signal coverage??? * Breakfast are same every day. Nothing special. Breakfast - Coffee is really bad. It's not a coffee anymore. Sorry * Check-in with currently coming full buses of aprox. 50 tourists waiting on reception needs lots of time and strong nerves. Checkout as usual, waiting for an invoice regardless of requested preparation on booking.com

Room Location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Customers servise very poor.

Aircondition very poor. while in the shower on day 2 the bathtub started to fill up with human waste from the sewer.  This was very disturbing as it and also the way hotel handle the situation was not up to my satisfaction.I took bath in human waste and i was offered free parking as appology

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel's restaurant is expensive and the choice of dishes is very meager. Lack of meals for vegetarians. The beer served in the Hotel's restaurant is not good either, which is reprehensible for the hotel in the capital city of Czech Rep! Warm meals from the breakfast offer (f.ex. bean in tomato sauce or scrambled eggs) are cold. They should be placed on the warmers. Time of the breakfast could be a bit longer for long-sleepers. There is no swimming pool, which is a disadvantage for a 4-stars hotel.

The rooms are designed and furnished in a very original and luxurious way. There is an open bathroom, king-size and very comfy bed. The staff is very helpful and multilingual. Hotel is located not far from the metro station Budejovicka, which is very handy for tourists. Breakfasts are plentiful, everyone will find something yammy for his- or herself.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

- The window in the room was locked; we asked for a key at the reception but they said the window could not be opened. The lack of fresh air in the room was a bit unpleasant. - The "double bed" was two single beds put together. Not what we requested.

- Spacious room, with great shower and very clean - Good bar downstairs - Supermarkets, restaurants and bars nearby

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was bad WiFi really bad there not working well Reception staff didn't was nice to us The air conditioner in the room was bad the metro is Far away

The room was good all new and good quality it's the only thing that was good there

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I believe it is a good hotel, but in general the hotel "feels" like 2-3 star rather than a 4 star hotel, tiny plastic rooms, inefficient airconditioning, small and rather inconvenient car parking, breakfast in cantine-like hall.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I paid for the breakfast but it was below average. Soggy cold scrambled eggs. Unedible. Weird sides like dried pasta with burnt vegetables. Juice empty every time we arrived. No pastries only dried cakes. Advertised view from room not seen from our two different windows, one blocked out with block out sticker across window anyway. After we climbed up on a chair to see the 'castle' it was a cemetery instead! Service terrible - no one serving at the bar at 6pm??? We waited for ages then we asked reception who got someone but then we couldnt find anyone again to pay them when we wanted to leave! Then it was our last night and we had to leave early so we wanted room service but no one answered the phone...within the times advertised to serve food so again we called reception who then they had someone call us back and they said tonight there's 'no food at all', the chef has closed the kitchen early to fix something??? But no communication to guests this planned work was happening...so why not just fix it after the time it closes. Then our exit was very stressful. The guy at the front desk couldn't work anything out and someone helped him call a taxi as after carrying all our bags down ourselves, we had to get to the airport for a 6am flight. I specifically asked the hotel if i can pay the taxi with a credit card (or i would have got cash out there) as I had no cash and they said yes. Then on arrival at the airport the taxi driver said no the hotel didnt order a taxi with credit card service...so i had to run around the airport looking for a ATM (with extra fees) then back to the taxi where i had to leave my daughter and we nearly missed our flight! And it was $50 USD to the airport. Very stressful! Not 4 stars and for Prague being quite cheap, I paid a lot per night for bad breakfast, poor service and had to travel 40-50 mins into the centre each way each day.

The room was large and clean but service, facilities and communication poor. And access to transport poor. Advertised view non existent.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

PRIVATE Money Exchange machine are very expensive (they offer you minimum rate ) and are tricky to give you less money (machines Round off amount to their favour.). BE BE CAREFUL Bar closes at 11:55

Very comfortable beds Very clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast might be better. Although staying in the 11th floor, there was no view because of partly-shielded window.

Nice & clean rooms, although some may not prefer the bathroom & WC being "part" of the room.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It is very convenient located near the office. The room was clean and the breakfast ok good. If somebody wants to use it for visiting the city center, the location is not so near by.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The adjusting of the air condition was locked. The safe has problem with some of the buttons which complicated locking and unlocking. Ventilation on toilet did not work. They wanted to invoice as for a drink from minibar that we never had. This was resolved on the reception. I received an invoice for our stay while checking out. They charged different, higher amount on my account. I complained on the reception where they told me that I am not first guest who has this problem during recent days and probably there is some issue with their system. Asked me to leave my email address with them and they will contact me by the next day to let me know how the issue was resolved. Its two days now and no email in my inbox or junk received. Some of the staff on the reception did not speak Czech, which I find very strange for hotel located in Prague. I saw a Czech lady asking some question in Czesh language and the receptionist kept staring at her repating just one word: English. English. English. Besides other receptionist were polite and always helpful. On our confirmation from booking.com there was checked bath, however no bath only shower was in the room. However nice shower :) Having the toilet in the room where you live only sparated by glass wall and having not working ventilation is a little awkward for 4 star hotel.

Nice refurbished room. Great view from 10th floor. Big shopping centrum Arkady within walking distance (approx 500metres) from the hotel. Budejovicka metro station about 300m from hotel. Receptionist borrowed us an umbrella when started raining. Nice and helpful staff. Comfortable and large bed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Soup was overly salty, which was a pity as it was cream of asparagus and I had high hopes!

Big, clean, airy room. Great shower and large, comfy bed. Practical for business purposes with the little desk to work at. Functional and clean. Prompt room service.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They didn't change the sheets The AC wasn't working properly in all our rooms as we were a big group We asked them to repair it and nothing changed We had to ask for everything we needed ( slippers, shower gel, shampoo, iron... )

I liked that it was somehow clean, that's all..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner was not working on the last night and we found a shirt that belonged to some other guest in the drawers.

The room was really nice and bed was comfy. Generally it is a very nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Rooms very poorly soundproofed. Bathroom in the room may be for some people too little discreet. The double bed is two interconnected beds, which unfortunately extend apart.

Very nice hotel for a short stay. Close to the subway which makes it easy to get to the center. There are several shops and restaurants nearby. Hotel parking is good that it is, but it is very small.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Stuff interrupt - just one knock and enter the room. We have to listen all - whats happen outside our room. Very loud. The door isn't protect from loud. Room is very clean.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No one his nice in this hotel. I arrive at midnight full of bags ask for help, and for the bag car. And asked me why and no one help me. There were three people working doing nothing. I asked where I could get food at that hour and no answer. Really not nice. In 4 days the bed and towels weren't changed Away from me city center.

The bed

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

- garage only for few cars, outside parking is almost always full (same price as in garage: 14 EUR / day) - some receptionist canot speak czech - 2 types of breakfast without possibility to choose. We have stayed in Executive suite, but staff sent us in the morning from the first floor (with better breakfast) to ground floor (with standard breakfast). We dont know why and how it was possible to choose the better one. - I did reservation for my 2 coleagues and we needed 3 invoices, but this was not possible as they took money from card just after making reservation - there is a lot of different description. Somewhere is written it will be paid at checkout, somewhere is paid it can be paid anytime. Hotel belongs to spanish so there is big chaos and staff is not very friendly :-(((

comfortable bed free wifi

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not included in the price ( which was already too high) but then it was easter weekend. I didnt like the breakfast much for 10 euros. Better to go outside somewhere.

The bed was good and comfortable.We parked on the street parking which was for free. Tbe hotel would have charged 13 euros per night. The restauraunt Botanica 5 mins walking distance is an excellent option if you stay at this hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The only thing that I didnt like was the bed. If you take the option with one large bed, they just put 2 together and frankly it is a joke. Based on this, I will take a different hotel next time.

hotel looks great and the room was very nice.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

High school excursion kids running and screaming in hallways all night so I got my room upgraded at 3AM for free. Every 30min or so you need to reconnect to wifi.

Nice staff, willing to help.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very bad breakfast The front desk staff were rarely available In general very bad services We will never come back

Location - 5 mins walking to the metro The room was good -bed and space

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It is located a bit farther from the city center, so you have to use public transport or taxi to get there

Spottlessly clean, big room, there is private parking or alternatively you can park in the street (ample space and no parking fees)

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed was really comfy... but the beds kept coming apart other than the that the room is gorgeous.

I had 2 bookings for the same date. At first it was difficult to get a refund but I got it in the end once I got talking to the right person. Really nice hotel overall. The shower was incredible

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is not great for the city centre and visiting all the tourist attractions but I wasn't there for that this time.

I was travelling with work and this hotel was very close to the customer I was visiting and very cheap compared to others I had looked at. Very comfortable bed and modern bedroom. The hotel had everything I needed for my business trip. The staff were very friendly. I didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on that.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

1. Dinner was a bland small buffet selection and there is few/ no other walkable distance restaurants in the area for dinner 2. The extractor fan in the toilet didnt work 3. The room/ hotel smelt of cigarettes - i suspect some guests were smoking somewhere in the building n it came through the ventilation system 4. There was a loud fire test alarm that went off twice interupting my sleep

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The staff in the reception no helpful at all. The maid cleans the floor and leave all the garbage in a corner also never put a new shower facilities.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I could hear the wind seemed the windows leaked. House keeping staff was inconsistent in being able to give and soap would Old but not give new. Also did not take away used coffee cups n n bring fresh.needs improvement

Location was handy. I did I like the shower n bed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

* Housekeeping is worst. And is not clean our room and bed. He used the same towels and bed properties which we used also he didn't change anything like glasses. Also there was no turkish tv channel.

Beds were big and the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a bit noisy (u can hear the steps in the corridor), but it's a very minor issue. I didn't experience that the staff was particularly pleasant. I was a bit surprised that the waiters didn't say hello when they met me in the dining room.. I actually had the impression that they looked quite unhappy, but it was not the main reason of my disappointment. What I didn't accept was that I made a reservation for few nights with booking.com including breakfast. The first day I had my breakfast regularly. The second day they didn't have me on the list and claimed that I was lucky to have my free breakfast in day 1, because the clerk at the dining room didn't check my reservation properly. So, they were claiming that it was not included and I had to pay extra money for my bloody breakfast. Then I showed the email of my reservation , but apparently that was not enough because the concierge was still struggling to find their reservation documents to check it better. After some minutes of patience, I gave up, said goodbye and left without having breakfast. When the concierge realized that I was leaving, obviously she felt sorry and asked me to have breakfast but to me it was too late for business reasons (I already lost 20 minutes for checking out that morning - there was only one person ahead of me), and I had to run. For sure there was a mistake, but it could have been managed better from their side.

the rooms are very big, super clean and brand new

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I had to leave one day earlier and staff was absolutely inflexible and I was charged even more compared to the price if I would have stayed one day longer, which is absolutely unacceptable!! On the top of that hotel staff was unable to respond to my complaint for few days already. Hotel is not a cheap one, but required quite a high payment for parking - anyway you can park on the streets around the hotel for free almost without problems.

The rooms are really nice and comfy, shall the hotel be more flexible for the customers demands, I would consider staying in this hotel again. I had a great view from my window, hotel is quite close to the subway and there are several bus stops nearby the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The room doors deserve better sound isolation. The ground floor breakfast lounge can fill up quite quickly.

The hotel is located a few minutes from the highway, but also quite near the city's public transportation. The breakfast buffet selection is plentiful, served in two separate breakfast lounges.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not very good. We stayed for 3 nights; the first breakfast was awful - we tried to eat some scrambled eggs, but these were smelly and not fresh at all. We could not eat that. And the fresh vegetables were not fresh at all. Second 2 days, we no longer tried these and just had some bread and some jam.

The room was nice and clean; the wifi connection was great.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The reservation confirmation is a mess. I would like to postpone my reservation. They confirmed that can live another two days but another day thy told me only postponed one more day for me. The breakfast is poor and I am woken up every morning by the loud door. The so called big bed is actually combined by two small beds. Not suitable for couples.

Clean and not far from subway

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Everything was perfect!

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean.Every day clean towels and cleaned room.The staff very polite and always available.Rich breakfast , fresh and very good.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was on the same floor with the group of secondary school students, while I needed to be fresh in mornings for the business meetings. There should be done some matching of the clients based on the travel purpose.

The bed was fine, wi-fi working w/o any problem.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

This is not a major, but given the size of the hotel, we thought the breakfast was a little .. disorganized and whilst there was variety between cold meats, hot food and pastries, there was minimal fresh fruit options other than apples.

Easy access to Metro system and local shopping malls. Prague city is just 8mins away on the Metro. We had a junior suite, which gave us a lovely extra space to sit in, watch TV, catch up on emails etc. The bed was super comfortable and the room was warm, possibly too warm. We love fresh air .. and that was possible too in a naturally restricted way (we were on the 11th floor!!). Awesome views from up there .. night time was very special. The location was also excellent as we were driving a car. Not being in the very centre of Prague city meant we could avoid all the tight spaces !! Underground secure spacious parking cost 70Kr for two nights.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hardly any privacy between the bedroom and bathroom.

Great location, 10min walk to the mall and subway station. Lovely staff. Very clean. Fast internet. ATM in the lobby. Airport pickup was handy too. I recommend Uber if travelling to old town (or anywhere) from the hotel - very cheap. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Special Offer – Superior Room or Twin with Parking

Double bed was just two beds put together, unfortunately the beds have wheels so not very comfy sleeping together as a couple,plus very un-private bathrooms - overal probably better for alone traveller/business trip

Good breakfast,clean and nice later check out

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The queen bed is actually 2 twin beds being put together and it makes it a bit difficult for couples.

Very clean and nice design, fast internet, helpful staff. Location is in a modern part of Prague close to a very good shopping center and public transport but it's a bit far from center.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The new bathroom was dreadful. No privacy for the toilet. All open plan.The two beds to make a double moved apart so not comfortable at all. no view out of the window as the lower half had some non see through material on it. The lifts are too few and very small, so at busy times not good. the breakfast is not good value, and very crowded

not a lo

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The variety of the breakfast was a bit poor.

The hotel is quiet modern, the bed is really comfy and the staff was friendy. It itakes about 10 minutes to get to the center with metro.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff were very rude. Charged me £84 more than they were supposed to on check out AND took it from the wrong credit card, meaning the limit was exceeded & bank charges applied. This took 45 minutes to resolve which also meant we had to buy a new tube ticket as ours had expired in the meantime. Ordered drinks from the bar, drink prices were extortionate anyway, but to top it off the waiter didn't give us our change which worked out to be almost £4. Hotel was cheap, but for good reason. Will not be returning.

The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I think the rooms were quite small, there wasn't a designated space to put our suitcases, so the room looked a mess while we were in there and we often had to jump over our stuff. But this is a large hotel built for profit not for love.

This is a high rise large hotel. I think its quite new, so the finishing in it are fresh and modern. The staff were very helpful and sorted our problem out when we had one. Breakfast is ok, standard large hotel continental spread. I think their pastries need to improve, but apart from that it was ok, nothing special.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Parking was the key issue. 6 spaces underground, and 20 outside. The garage lift for the multi story can only fit a Fabia not a 4x4 otherwise the nearest parking is 200m down the road.

Rooms much larger than in photos, very modern, clean and a decent price.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not a good breakfast. There is too little choice for a 4* hotel. Some things are extra like the Orange juice. Petty and annoying for a 4* hotel. The breakfast on a Sunday finished at 10am which isnt very convenient for tired tourists. 11am would be much better. The breakfast area was totally full when we arrived for breakfast and we had to wait until a table was available. At checkout time, there was only 1 man at the reception checking out customers at 12,00. The checkout process (queuing and paying) took 15 minutes - far too long when there were other reception staff who could have helped at this busy time. Finally, the gym: 4 machines in a tiny room is not a gym! The hotel is OK, but it is let down in several areas. You can do better in Prague.

Superb bed. Very comfortable room. Very clean and newly built/ refurbished. The area is very quiet and needs a metro ride to the centre of town.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit far from the city center. 10 or more minutes walk from nearest Metro station. Noisy front room because of the road. THe hotel is located beside a cemetary. Back rooms have a cemetary view.

Cozy - modern rooms, very clean. Staff polite and helpful. Good price.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First of all, rooms are incredibly small. Following this fact, I had experienced that; The ceil was dropped next to me, I was about to be wounded. They just give me 8 euro more expensive room and small apologize. They forgot to charge my one night staying, as a decent guy, I told them and they charge me without any apology. In the first place, I thought their courtesy for the room fatality but not, just it was their unprofessionallity. Dont recommend, if you dont wanna be injured at all.

Clean, the rooms are brand new

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I really didn't like the attitude of staffs working in bar & restaurant for evening shift. I felt racism in serving Asian guests.

I like almost every thing here, extra bed for young children was perfect.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the parking is small and might be hard to find a space. restaurant was closed (and no one informed me before booking it) and the food at the lobby bar is very bad quality.

the hotel is nice overall and the location is not bad if you travel by car

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Pretty far of the main atractions

Very clean and new, luxous Good breakfast Everything was exactly like in pictures

Browse Occidental Praha traveller photo gallery