Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Prague City 4 stars

Lucemburska Street 46, Prague, 130 00, Czech Republic

#155 of 612 hotels in Prague

Staff on reseption required to pay for 3d person, however, ...

Staff on reseption required to pay for 3d person, however, booking was made already for 3 people. Only my call to booking.com and customer service helped to save this issue! Thx!

Recommended hotel - quality every visit
    • Deluxe Double Room

More vegetarian or vegan options please!

We have stayed here several times and the excellent quality and cleanliness of the hotel is consistent, the facilities are outstanding, the food is great and the staff lovely and efficient.

Keep up good job, but get rid of the credit card bug.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Slightly odd system of credit card use. Until checking my balance I wasn’t sure what and why I was charged for. Also all the prices happened to be slightly differend to what was announced, but it was also stated in small print. Still, no regrets.

Staff is very kind and helpful, languages are not a barrier. Breakfast is perfect!

good bed, good breakfast, not far from airport by taxi, but...
    • Deluxe Double Room

inspite to the fact that the room was non-smoking, there was a tabck aroma in the room.

good bed, good breakfast, not far from airport by taxi, but far from the old city

Nice location, access to city.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Would be great to have some in room dining menu

Nice location, access to city. Very friendly employees. Perfectly quite room and incredibly soft bed. Perfect if to say shortly.

The courtesy of the staff and the customer care.

The courtesy of the staff and the customer care. I asked for business reason to have shown on the invoice only one voice for accomodation plus breakfast. But they did not accept and splitted accomodation and breakfast. Explained that my request was not feasible because booking.com did not permit it !!!!! Because my reservation was without breakfast and i bought it only during check-in !!!!! It seemed very strange to me. And never happened before. The hotel behaviour was not correct and zero flexible in spite of my belonging to its frequent travel club !!!!! After several times, I won't stay more likely anymore in this hotel

Great modern accommodation in the heart of Prague
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing could be better !

Exceptional location near Flora shopping mall and the Metro station. Easy access to t he centre of Prague. Spacious and clean room and bathroom. Friendly staff.

10/10
    • Deluxe Double Room

We loved the quality of customer service and the breakfast had a wide variety of delicious food ! The bed was comfortable and the shower was great! Overall perfect stay!

Very enjoyable visit, lovely room
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The desk staff was extremely helpful, both when we arrived and when our three year old locked his boot in the safe; Parking was convenient and secure; it's close to the underground and mall; the room was big, clean and well appointed; soaps and shampoos provided were lovely and we especially liked that our baby was considered.

The room on the 6th floor was comfortable and spacious.

No bathrobe or slippers

The room on the 6th floor was comfortable and spacious. The restaurant on the ground provided a variety of delicious local and international cuisine. The staff all around the hotel was very polite and obliging. Good quality wi-fi. Conveniently located next to the metro station - with 3 stops from downtown area.

perfect place, quiet place, comfortable place
    • Deluxe Double Room

-Everything was fine. -One more thing that was really nice, I was leaving hotel early in the morning (5:50-6). the nice lady from the reception proposed me to have a cup of coffee, really small thing but very nice to get! -Very comfortable location!

I guess a decent place. take it if you are offered a great deal on the price.
    • Deluxe Double Room

They have a very strange rule that linens will be changed every three days! this should be a one of a kind Courtyard Marriott policy! the location is far from city center and every day you need to get a taxi to go there and come back to the hotel. I was jet lagged and usually needed to take a nap around 2-3 pm. In every other hotel that I have been to, room service is done in the morning before noon. However, here they showed up every day at round 3 PM right when I wanted to take a nap.

The room was clean and it had enough facilities.

Everything as expected.

I have been in quite a few other Marriots before and always experienced highly attentive staff at breakfast. This wasn't the case here. You couldn't just nod to the waiter to get something, you had to go to the bar and explicitly ask for a coffee or anything else we needed. Staff acted quite indifferent to what was happening at the tables.

Everything as expected.

Convenient location if you have multiple places to visit like the O2 and sightseeing.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The location was perfect for us, we were travelling between the old town for sightseeing and the 02 for the Laver Cup. It was very easy to catch the metro from outside the hotel. The shopping centre opposite also had a supermarket, this meant it was easy to stock up on bits and pieces for the kids, especially as we arrived late. We would stay here again. It was also very clean and the staff were very helpful.

Overall a pleasant experince. Plan to stay at this property again, any time my travels bring me to P
    • Deluxe Double Room

I inquired about a potential late check-out, but could not get a straight answer. Consequently, I made a plan change and checked out within the prescribed hours.

This is my repeat business at this particular property. Lately, any time I am in PRG, I stay here. Breakfast at $18 seems rather high, but breakfast selection is usually good (except for pork sausages).

We could not check in until 5pm or so, as the rooms were not...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We could not check in until 5pm or so, as the rooms were not ready. The receptionist told us to go to the city center under heavy rain and cold although we were tired and wanted get to our rooms. When we said this she offered us an umbrella. It was extremely uncomfortable to wait 2 hours until they check us in. In my view the employees of the hotel looked a bit dissatisfied, some of them also replied strangely when asked something. For example when we told a young waiter "excuse me" to ask for some breakfast plates that ran out he said I am doing something else at the moment and went. It was really not a good feeling when you pay a lot and cannot go anywhere else becuase the hotels are already booked and have to suck it up. It was a total dissatisfaction for us, no more.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

A perfect 4* hotel in a good location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Was very cold in our room.

Extra large and comfy bed, location just next to a shopping mall and the metro line, very new building, everything clean and well maintained.

I love the location, metro & shopping mall right across...
    • Deluxe Double Room

late check-in time... arrived early like 1pm and room is not yet ready, but there's luggage store room.

I love the location, metro & shopping mall right across the street, room is calm and clean.

I liked my stay and I would recommend this hotel to visit Prague.
    • Deluxe Double Room

They did not have a swimming pool. And if it is hot outside, the clients need to relax and I would like these kind of hotels have a swimming pool for the tourists, especially if they are coming in summer months.

The room is big enough and the beds are very comfortable. The location is near the metro and it is easy to get the old town in a short time. The breakfast was good. I would recommend this hotel for couples and families.

Great hotel
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Pool would have been great asset.

Vi loved staying at this hotel while in Prague. The room was clean, specious, and comfortable. Staff were very nice and helpful! We strongly recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

the best accomodation on that area of Prague
    • Deluxe Double Room

kind and welcoming staff, large beautiful rooms, well equiped with all necessary for comfort and work, confortable bed, good breakfast (including fresh fruits and vgetables), access to business facilities (computer, printer etc), very well covered by public transport, shopping mall including banking facilities cross the street everithing was perfect

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The bed and sofabed were very comfortable and the shower was...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The pillows were too soft. The bedding was not changed in the entire week we stayed. I expected the linen to be changed once at least.

The bed and sofabed were very comfortable and the shower was great. The waffles and croisssnts were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Lovely hotel. Would stay there again!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The food and drink was more expensive than other places but that's to be expected. There's a lovely pub down the road called Ferme and plenty of restaurants nearby

Friendly helpful staff, comfortable beds, lovely food. The breakfast was gorgeous and we are in the restaurant one night and it was delicious. 3 metro stops from city centre. Large shopping centre directly across the road.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good location, safe choice
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The parking was very expensive, as the hotel is above a parking garage with many free space, it should be included for hotel guests. For free wifi you need to log in daily.

Breakfast was good with many choices, egg dishes are quickly prepared. The room was spacious incl. the bathroom, the bed was comfortable. Metro station is right at the corner. The neighborhood is very nice and calm. Try Vinohradsky pivovar nearby.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

considering the fee, It was good
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Although the hotel was reserved by the site at checkout when I wanted to pey by MasterCard, under the pretext of changes in currency exchange rates,they demanded more funds!,and If I didn't have cash I would have to pay more than the fee that was announced by booking! Generally, Our biggest problem In travelling to Prague were problems and difficulties that related to the currency exchanges. when you want to change your money in Prague exchange shops,be careful and don't sign any paper otherwise you check the ammount of the money which you have got , most of them charge you about 20% commission without saying anything about it !!! then I repeat be careful in Prague exchanges !

considering the fee, It was good

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The location was great and the shopping centre across the...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower kept running hot and cold. We didn't like the complimentary toiletries.

The location was great and the shopping centre across the road was extremely convenient. Excellent transport facilities. Very comfortable bed and a fairly decent selection of tv channels.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Very comfortable and convenient to underground for quick travel into Prague City
    • Deluxe Double Room

Information about pre-paid breakfast disn't reach breafast staff for 2 days out of 3 Weekday breakfast staff not as attentive as weekend team who were superb.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Handy for airport
    • Deluxe Double Room

Two hotels same name same company 40 mins apart really confusing if you are not careful

I had booked courtyard in city confused with one at airport and receptionist told me here was nothing she could do as it was through yourselves,so I had to book room at airport hotel by time I got to room she had phoned my wife to let us know she had cancelled previous room in city to me this is first class service and because of that I will definitely use again

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Why so serious?
    • Deluxe Double Room

The front desk staff was not so helpful during check in but they were helpful during checkout. I think that they implied something :) Joking aside, I am a Mariott silver member but they did not accept my card since I booked the hotel via booking.com. However Renaissance Hotel in Vienna and Mariott Courtyard in Budapest has accepted my card although I booked these hotels through booking.com and stayed at these hotels after leaving Prague.

Hotel is very close to a metro station and shopping center.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Was expecting more from Marriott
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was expecting from breakfast in 4 star hotel much more than actually received...scrambled eggs tasty but would prefer to be able to choose as well fried eggs...always the same sausages. Every day the same set...booring.

clean with good location and good morning coffe

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

A little slice of America in Europe
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I can't think of anything negative.

We had a great stay in Prague. The location was a little out of the way, but we quite enjoy being away from the hustle and bustle. There is a nice mall right across the street. The food in the restaurant was really great, and pretty affordable in my opinion. I cannot say enough about how great the staff was. They were so nice, everyone spoke English and they were all so helpful. We will definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

We loved the location of the hotel, it was close to metro...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The biggest negative of the hotel was its staff. They tried to smile and be nice. However, it was really hard for them because of the bad organization of their work - guests were able to feel the chaos.

We loved the location of the hotel, it was close to metro and shopping mall. Breakfast was pretty special.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Great stay

Nothing really.

Everything about the hotel was great. Our family room was enormous. The location is a little far out from the city center, but there is a Mall with subway station directly across the street for a short ride into the center.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Near to Flora Metro station.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Far from city centre. Late check in inspite of request for early check in.

Near to Flora Metro station. So could take a train to Old Town, Castle, etc. Rooms were very nice.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Comfortable for business and sight-seeing
    • Deluxe Double Room

Internet connections required logging in each day even though access by room number and name should come up with my length of stay.

Close to my business Comfortable beds Easy access to old town (Stare Mesto)

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Excellent staff Great experience
    • Deluxe Double Room

Excellent staff. I requested for an early check in. We reached the hotel around noon and the staff on duty at once gave us room. We could even buy metro tickets at the reception. Clean and spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Extremely large bed, good equipped bath room, comfortable...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast is basic and there was practically no service, used plates not collected, needed to chase staff for a coffee.

Extremely large bed, good equipped bath room, comfortable room interior, practical parking facility. Shopping center nearby. Metro access towards city center.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

A pleasant and convenient stay!!!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff was very polite and very helpful! The hotel was located very close to tram, bus and metro stop, only 10-12 minutes from the centre! There is a big shopping centre just across the hotel with lots of shops, coffee shops and restaurants! The breakfast was very good!!!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The prices was great for such a place .
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower Wasnt as good as other things in the room , the water current was not so strong

The prices was great for such a place . next to the metro , very clean

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Location was at central place.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Wash rooms can be more better. Showers in bathrooms are not good. They have only hand showers in bathroom and that too in the bath tub

Location was at central place. Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Great hotel, feels like home.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The only comment is the same one I would have in most hotels: add USB ports to help charging of multiple devices for those of us with only one Euro-US power adapter.

If you must have the comforts of home while traveling, the Courtyard in Prague City will feel like you never left the US. Take that as you want, it's a very good hotel that feels very American. If you are looking for a more local experience, this isn't it. But comfy, well-appointed room with more than the usual amenities was just what I needed.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Hotel - nice, evening at restaurant - not so nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

The food was very good at the restaurant but there was a computer problem and we waited for 1 hr and 15 minutes for our dinner. Then we waited another 40 minutes for the bill because they had to write it out by hand.We were not happy.

The rooms were attractive and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Large rooms and good value for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I had 2 room keys and I left one at reception for my boyfriend. A staff member gave him a completely new key upon his return. We approached the staff to say they had a key programmed for our room at their desk somewhere but they completely brushed us off. Obviously in a foreign country we were concerned that someone could get into our room, but the staff could not care less.

Most of the staff were friendly. Rooms were spacious and clean. Large bathroom with good working exhaust fan. Many English TV channels. WIFI was great. Good AC and mini Bar. Overall, we were very pleased by the price we paid, for what we got.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Great Location and Helpful Staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

the location was perfect. Flora station was just opposite to the hotel. All the basic amenities were available in the hotel. the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable on the city directions. the breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Bedroom - good size, main bed very comfortable.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Settee bed, not very comfortable. Horrible coffee for breakfast!

Bedroom - good size, main bed very comfortable. Very quiet room. Helpful reception staff. Very good range of breakfast food. Close to Metro station.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Best among the hotels in the city for that price
    • Deluxe Double Room

The food at the hotel restaurant was not delicious.

The room was so big, comfortable, well appointed, clean and quiet. The bed is super comfy. Staff were helpful. A big shopping center is closed to the hotel so you can find there whatever you need. Tram and metro station a min away from to hotel. If we go to Prague again, we'll definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

one of the comfiest hotels ive been at.

nothing tbh

superb hotel. loads of 4 star hotels are really more like 3 star hotels ... well this one's more like 5. i loved it from the moment i arrived: a massive bed in a deluxe room (i had the cheapest room type) and black out curtains that actually work. lovely big sofa and excellent spring-stacked desk-chair. and everything seemed new: it was meticulously cleaned. they even let me check out at 2 pm without any fuss! they were like: 'Yeh, okay.'

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Staff is very kind spcly Ms.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Their is no room service in the evening , and delay in providing stuff from house keeping but not bad though , Parking fee is bit over charged but then its centre of Prague

Staff is very kind spcly Ms. Teresa at reception desk n all rest. Staff during brkfast .

Overall it's good

Overall it's good

Nice location and friendly staff

Nice location and friendly staff

Nice clean Hotel, away from city center, has a Mall and Food...

A smile on check out would have been nice

Nice clean Hotel, away from city center, has a Mall and Food court close by.

Comfortable and very Nice

Comfortable and very Nice Near Shopping Mall

Expensive breakfast

Room is very old.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room is very old. Shower in bathtub isn't comfortable.

Just 2 stations to old town and 1 station to tower

Just 2 stations to old town and 1 station to tower

Breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was good. Room is spacious.

Nice and comfort
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Outside the hotel, people are not friendly.

Location, room, gym, front desk

Lovely, cosy, excellent location. Good facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Size of room. Location. Ease of access for public transport. Shopping centre accepts road to get supplies from supermarket.

Perfect location.

Perfect location.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Good value, across the road from tube,

Good value, across the road from tube,

Comfort hotel out of city chaos with very good transport connection
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nice facilities / very good variety on breakfast / great location in terms of transport - subway round the corner / friendly staff

best part is next to super market and which is open up to...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

best part is next to super market and which is open up to midnight also Metro is next to hotel

Great stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was no issue with the property.

It was in a great location.

Great breafast buffet.

All good.

Great breafast buffet. Our room was very quiet. Friendly and helpful staff. Close to Flora metro stop.

Great stay. Lovely hotel in a quiet area.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Could do with more seating in the reception area

Catered for my gluten free diet. Staff were very helpful both on reception and in the dining room

We got a upgrade, room was good

We got a upgrade, room was good

Location to where I need to be
    • Deluxe Double Room

Water was in the shower was changing from warm to extreme hot in seconds

Friendly and very helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Friendly and very helpful staff.

Everything looks good, big room, comfortable bed
    • Deluxe Double Room

The smell in the room seems not to be a little strange, not surewhere it is from?

Everything looks good, big room, comfortable bed

The service, the breakfast, was excellent

The service, the breakfast, was excellent

Excellent breakfasts.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Excellent breakfasts. Nice reception people. Everything flawless.

Good value for money
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower with curtains could be replaced by a more modern shower cabin.

The staff members were all very friendly, helpful and professional.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Great place to stay
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bed were really comfy. Staff was very helpful.

nice service, good location, very convenient!
    • Deluxe Double Room

nice service, good location, very convenient!

The personal of the hotel were very nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

in th restaurant we wait very long to offer something and get the bill

The personal of the hotel were very nice