Reviews of Design Merrion Hotel 4 stars

Jeseniova 49, Prague, 13000, Czech Republic

#374 of 612 hotels in Prague

From start to finish customer service was very very poor. Staff have a perception that any problem is the hotels not individually theirs, therefore do not need to be proactive in helping and solving the situation. I came back to my hotel room after my evening out to find the sheets on the bed unchanged with no house keeping to fix the issue. The bellboy was a very helpful and friendly man the only exception at this hotel. Overall good location, nice room but do not expect 5/4 star service.

The Location is great, right on the river and close to the city within walking distance. It is not too close that it is very busy and rowdy

The hotel was so lovely! We found the reception staff friendly and welcoming! Our room was spotless decent size - we couldn’t complain at all. Would defo come back!

The Wi-Fi was practically unusable since signal strength was very poor and connection dropping frequently.

Located in a quiet neighbourhood. Comfortable, clean hotel with friendly staff.

It was a bit cold in the room for staying with child. Way to the city center is not convenient by walk, you should use public transport only.

It was a comfortable stay there.

Didn't have any tea and coffee making facilities and had to pay for water from mini-bar. Not much on the TV, but then you don't go away for the TV! Don't think there is any food after breakfast, but there are places to eat nearby.

Nice, clean modern rooms, comfortable beds and a good shower. Breakfast was continental style with toast making facilities and fried eggs and bacon. Good location for my meeting. My room (304) was a good size twin room.

The only struggle I had was an air-con issue. It was on automatically. We arrived late night, a little bit tired so it took some time to realize that I need to request a remote control from the receptionist area. We felt really cold and didn't find extra blankets in the wardrobe. I would expect a receptionist to handle it with the key. After I got the air-con remote control it was nice and warm.

The room and the bathroom were clean, tidy and bright. The ceiling really high, so it looked spacious. I requested a bath instead of the shower and I got this type of the room. Comfy and big bed (twin room).

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

I stayed 3 nights, 4 days and the room was bearly cleaned, bedsheets not changed. I always stay in 4* so I had higher expectations. I meet my boyfriend in Prague after not seeing him for 3 months and we couldn't even have privacy as the walls are extremely thin and you could hear the neighbors talking. I do consider myself a bit fussy but still... I'll not rate the properly as a 4*

Bit far from the city centre but didn't mind... I liked the location as it's easy reachable by bus or taxi

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

expensive official hotel park place, but for one night trip was possible park before hotel free of charge relative far from metro

clean and new room very good breakfast, good coffe hotel location is on relative quiet street, no noise level evening and night

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

1)The staff should know more about certain sites to see or shop. 2)The maid service should make sure the things in the toilet are easy to flush or use a brush or stick, the reason is the design of the toilet in the bottom has a flaw, there is an indentation of a coin size in the bottom of the toilet, small feces do not flush, by the 3rd day it finally flushed.

The breakfast is super good and fresh, the room is comfortable! In general, staff is friendly!

Staff

Location seemed a bit scary at night

Small TV on room, all services charged extra - parking, breakfast - therefore the price quite high in comparsion to the place and quality

Great coffee during breakfast and nice pancakes

Bath tub very hard to step into.

Great breakfast and quiet, comfortable room.

comfortable and clean room, big bathroom, close to bus stop,

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Internet connection really bad

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Weak wifi signal, slow internet

Clean, nice continental breakfast

Very nice and quiet

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Great place to stay for a couple or a family. Peaceful and quiet!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

None to be mentioned

Very nice, small hotel in quiet place, not far from center, comfy connection to center

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

not really close to the city center. it takes 30min to get downtown

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The location is not the best. The breakfast is nothing surprising. The service is just average and the staff is not friendly like any other place in Prague.

The place is clean, the rooms are big and tidy.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

They don't have any parking in front of the hotel when you arrive by car

The room , the cleaness, the breakfast, the lady with the coffe, the garrage

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

It is a very loud hotel - from the corridor, elevator and people shutting the door, and noise from the street, as there is renovation going on. Windows do not really keep the noise off. Early in the morning we could hear and smell the breakfast being prepared.

Room was very nicely set up and clean. Location is excellent, walking distance to the centre (longer walk) but far away from tourists

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Was my worst hotel experience ever. Rooms extremely dirty, floor carpets dirty of cigarets ash. Wifi speed is enough to open only 1 page per hour means nobody will use it. A/C in room make terrible noise because it should be fixed and maintained, and breakfast.............. just impossible to eat, i tried to ordered fresh omelet instead of old and dry which been served and been refused but not nice waiter... Never go there!

nothing is to be licked there

• Reviewed: 5 June 2015

I would expect for 4 stars little more...On booking description there was not stated that any prepayment or reservation will be made. But it was several times. Even after I payed my bill they have made two additional reservations. So I have now reserved /blocked money for additional 3 nights instead 2 days (which I already pay). I had to ask - they did not even bother to explain by themselves. If I know up front o.k. But The money was taken even before I even got into Hotel... ? And 2 timesafter I payed my bill! I am now mailing and getting ifo fromHotel, from Bank from booking - this is not good customer service at all! Poor breakfast (eggs only with ham - I had to ask extra). No bread at 8. o clock in the morning. Nobay even looked ... Bad coffee.I could not even order expresso - because there is none / or bar in the lobby? In room: no slippers, no garment, no pot for hot water for making coffee, tea. - The explanation it is banned by the law /however I got info that other hotels in Prague do have /. What I would expect for "4 stars". What is "normal" in other hotels like this. If I will have to stay at Prague I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2015

Quite far from the main city centre but I don't really mind because it's much cheaper than the hotels in central Prague. They should change the pillows though, they go flat as soon as you put your head on them. Also there was a short period when the electricity went off in some of the rooms, including mine, late in the evening. I had to go back three times to the reception to explain this until the receptionist finally understood the problem.

The hotel looks very modern, all the furniture looks new and overall looks chic. It is in a quiet area of Prague. The nearest tram or bus station is 5-10 minutes walk. There's a small shop across the street and a few restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Location is a bit far from metro station.

Small and cozy hotel. Staff are polite. We've been glad to stay there.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

Room very clean, nice dining room. Location perfect for us as we were visiting family

• Reviewed: 6 February 2015

Poor location (7-10 minutes to tram station)

Superior accomodation and good breakfast

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.