Reviews of Elite Hotel 4 stars

Ostrovni 32, Prague, 11000, Czech Republic

#206 of 612 hotels in Prague

• Standard Double or Twin Room

value for money is a littel low, we are talking about an old building. But you know it is quite normal since you are in old prague

good breakfast and great location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very minor but perhaps an extractor in the bathroom.

Excellent location metro from airport very close by. Walking distance to all attractions but also very quiet. Basic room small but ideal, very comfy bed and lovely pillows. Safe and fridge in the room. Room was beautiful clean and love the traditional decor. Breakfast at the hotel is great, plenty of choice and lovely pastries! All staff that we met were so friendly, helpful and accommodating.

All was good

Location was perfect for us, not to closed not to far from the crowds, we still could walk to the castle in a quiet area. The breakfast was excellent, very completed. The bar inside open until midnight also good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Personal na 1*, napomocny vo vsetkom aj netradicnom, promptne reagoval na nase poziadavky. Staff was really great, very helpful with a really fast response to our task.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel itself is excellent...maybe o e might co sider embellishment of the durroundi g area...

Very comfortable, clean and friendly staff...the street location is not an attraction and may initially give the wrong impression..but a 10min walk puts right smack in tbe centre and heart of historic Prague...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was EXTREMELY small. My spouse and I are both thin but couldn't fit by each other in some spots.

The location was good, the staff was usually helpful, the breakfast was good. The restaurant was very good for dinner.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The hotel terrace closed at 22.00 h, which was rather early since the weather was splendid en inviting to stay outdoors. The showerhead was placed to low. If you were more than 170 cm you were obliged to take a bath instead.

I never slept in a room as quiet as at the Elite Hotel although it is located near a tram stop. Karls bridge, shopping center, the old town square.... all is at walking distance.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Due to the central location the parking situation is an issue and the space in the garage is limited.

Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast, unique design of rooms

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I am a recurring visitor in Elite Hotel, and it's absolutely superb. It's conveniently located, charmingly furnished and has great service. The price depends on the season, obviously you can get better deals during off-season, but otherwise it's okay as well, it's worth it.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very small. Decor is a little bit dates form 00s. Felt like I have overpaid by a lot, also found a cheaper deal for the same place after paying £112 with no cancellation for £60 a night which I think is the right price for the level of service we’ve experienced. I wouldn’t go again, if the price is right I would recommend but there are much better hotels out there for the £100+ per night.

Good location only 10 minutes walk to the old town sq. Nice breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The cleaning personel was very, very loud. I had to finish some work and was working on my laptop in my room in the mornings and each morning the cleaning staff came rather early and talked loudly and moved around making a lot of noise, also on the weekend, I found that a bit irritating since I could clearly hear them in my room and also felt the need to put up the 'do not disturb' sign at an early hour also on the weekend to prevent them from trying to enter my room to clean it. I had also called the reception to pick up laundry, shortly before the hour before which it has to be submitted to be returned back still the same day, and had to call twice because noone came at first and even then still the laundry was not delivered back to my room in time but I had to pick it up from the reception the next day. Since I had it back that morning it did not cause me trouble but I found it a bit annoying. On my departure day I was waiting in the bar/cafe area of the restaurant for my taxi to bring me to the airport and an employee apparently thought I was a tourist just hanging out there without consuming anything and asked me in a very unfriendly tone what I would be doing here, I replied that I had stayed in this hoitel for 5 days (and paid several hundreds of euros for that) and was now waiting for my taxi, which ended that conversation. Despite these negative experiences with some of the service staff there also were several very nice employees working at the reception and in the restaurant and I also watched how some tourists/hotel guests talked to them sometimes in an unfriendly way, so I can imagine their job is not the easiest either.

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. The room was small but nice (with old wooden elements gving it a ice ambience and touch to it). The location is excellent, very close to the old city center and the metro. Since I was attending a conference in Prague especially yhe easy metro access was very nice. The breakfast is good, I can recommend the omelette they prepare fresh for you when you ask for it, at no additional cost. The bathroom has a bathtub and the room has air conditioning which was good because the weather was very warm. The price I got was a bit on the expensive side compared to other hotel options I feel like and I did stay in one other hotel in Prague for one additional night which represented better value for money in my opinion. Still, this is a good hotel, at a great location, with easy access to public transportation and in walking distance from many tourist sights.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

shower position was not comfortable alternating hot and cold water slow wi fi

good breakfast, really nice staff, clean, great location The building is unique and full of character

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Parking

N/a

Amazing location in the center of Prague, quiet clean, cool but still few meters from breathtaking places. Relly really cool place to stop by and walk the city.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location, spotless room, fantastic breakfast. Beautiful courtyard with a fine bar. If you want to avoid big hotel chain feel this is your place. Would happily recommend.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nice hotel at good location. We had booked a deluxe room, spacious with beautiful ceiling. Helpful staff at reception. Exceptionally comfortable beds. Good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception staff were very welcoming when we arrived in the early hours of the morning due to a seriously delayed flight. The hotel is very well located in the centre of Prague. Breakfast was good, although we did not try the restaurant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location was perfect, hotel was very traditional which is what we like, the staff were very attentive and overall everything was nice and clean. Good hotel to complete your Prague experience

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The furniture in the small bedroom was such that the wardrobe door could not be opened more than 45 degrees. As this side contained the safe it made things awkward. For the same reason the wardrobe drawer could only be opened a few inches.

Staff very friendly and helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We absolutely loved this hotel. It was very characterful, well placed for walking to all the main sights but at the same time quiet and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower in the bathroom and storage areas in the bathroom. The shower was very slippery and we couldn't keep the water temperature stable, it kept getting hotter and colder. An additional shelf, even under the sink, would have been helpful.

Great staff - very helpful and friendly. Terrific breakfast - lots of choices and the lady that made omelets was very good. Good location and nice and quiet at night. We had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant - good cook!!!! And the service to and from the airport was very, very appreciated.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs to expand the breakfast area because it was difficult to find a place to sit around 09:00

The staff were extremely helpful. The breakfast was outstanding. Location is excellent with easy access to the 22 and 23 trams. It was also very close to the best brewery in Prague, U Fleku.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were late a few minutes for a breakfast... food was still in the room, ready to be moved to the kitchen, but we were not allowed to eat anything. I understand that there's a rule but I'm not sure if being so rigorous is a good way of treating guests who pay for a service. Old buildings have specific amopshere... unfortunately it was not possible to close bathroom door as it was distorted (by time;). It was too much "atmopshere" for me ;)

Location is perfect for visiting old town. Room and bathroom very clean. Bed was very comfortable. Very helpfull and friendly reception stuff, especially man (23.04.2018)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Its position is ideal for every aspect of the city. It is on a peaceful street a stones throw from the National Theatre and the river Vltava. Staff very helpful and friendly. All have good English. Rooms charming and individual. A great courtyard - garden. Great breakfasts.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The walls are thin and so you can hear your neighbours. Not really a problem as long as they aren't screaming. The room next to us had customers that would have very very loud sex and would involve interactions between at least 3 people. This made our stay less enjoyable for obvious reasons. Though on the second night when we call reception to complain they did call the room to ask them to reduce the noise and the customers complied.

Location was perfect. Staff were pleasant and very helpful. Breakfast had a wide variety and very tasty.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Fantastic hotel!! Extremely friendly and helpful staff who were available 24/7. Lovely breakfast every day. And the food at dinner was excellent. We booked the private sauna and hot tub a couple of times, it was perfectly clean and so relaxing! The hotel is in a brilliant location... only about 5 minutes walk to the river and there's loads of brilliant bars, pubs and restaurants nearby. We will definitely be staying again!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Loved this hotel! Before we arrived the hotel was great with communication and organised a airport transfer for us. When we arrived the staff were friendly and very helpful. The service is amazing. The hotel is beautiful. The room was comfy and made for a great stay. It would have been nice to have a kettle and tea/coffee in the room but this was the only thing. The breakfast is brilliant! There is such a big selection. I would stay here again if I visit Prague again. Thank you to Hotel Elite for a great holiday!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Can't think of any thing.

Hotel location is excellent giving easy access to the centre of Prague. The hotel is very good but it is the staff that really shine. So helpful, considerate, and friendly. Made our stay a real pleasure trip.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Honestly there was nothing I would say I didn't like.

We stayed for 2 nights. The room was fantastic. We had very noisy neighbours and I spoke to the reception desk. They managed very well as we were not bothered anymore. Cannot tell if they were changed to another room or if they just spoke to them but everything was fine. Reception desk looked after us and also gave us information about the city. Food at the restaurant was very good and we didn't feel at a tourist trap at all. All and all... a fantastic experience. Well done guys!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

cant say anything negative.

All staff were extremely friendly and helpful.Rooms are tastefully furnished.Our group enjoyed meeting and having drink in pretty courtyard before going to dinner.Breakfast plentiful and complete and varied.Chef cooks omlette whilst you wait.Personally enjoyed perfect scrambled eggs and plain croissants.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing not to like here.

It’s an oasis in the heart of the city. A former 14th century monastery I understand with a peaceful ambience. It has a surprise spa also. The rooms are decorated Art Deco style.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was next to cleaning staff stock and they pretty loudly started with talkin-talkies on at 7.30.

Very good location, excellent breakfast, friendly staff, dinner worth trying

• Standard Double or Twin Room

You can hear EVERYTHING when you're in the room, so they even give you ear plugs in the rooms like kind of a warning. However, I must say we never used them and it was still ok during the night, maybe we were lucky but it really didn't bother us.

The location of the hotel is perfect, like 2 minutes walk from the metro station. They also offer great massages!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had booked one double & one twin room last November & we were given 2 twin rooms. We were told that the room type could not be confirmed & that it would always be a request. They did however move us to a double room for the remaining 3 nights & both rooms were comfortable.

The hotel is very pleasant & very well located. Only a few minutes walk from the main sights. The staff very helpful. The breakfasts are excellent & all the food very fresh.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our meal in the dining room on our last night wasn’t up to the standard we were expecting - our meals of pork were dry and tough - disappointing.

The lovely modern bathroom. Excellent breakfast options. Comfy bed although we had asked for two single beds - we’re sisters!! We were upgraded and had a double bed but it wasn’t a major issue. The decor was gorgeous and awesome environment. A bonus was tea/coffee making facilities in our room - not many hotels in Europe offer this essential option.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room in the third floor was terrible. The walls doesn't contain sound-proof and every times when someone closed the door the walls have waving. I have heard the neighbour's breathing. The decors and furnitures old and they has wrong smell.

The breakfast was fantastic and the receptionist is a very helpfully and kindly man. The hotel in the center. There are garage under the hotel (25 EUR / night). The room and the bathroom was very clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable beds, nice and profesional personal, access to a backyard direct from room. This is a old building with a special character, I felt very welcome there and I had a perfect stay! Location is perfect!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Only improvement would be a kettle and cups in the room for that early morning drink.

The hotel was spotless and the breakfast was excellent. Just a short walk to everywhere it seemed. There was a lovely Burger Restaurant a few metres from the hotel. Plenty of food outlets, and not far from Tesco.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The building is old but not as authentic as I'd hoped - the lovely high ceilings have stencilled paintings rather than original but the hotel still had a traditional feel.

This is a small and friendly hotel with the most comfortable beds and pillows, a spacious room and quiet room, a varied and ample breakfast and a bar to relax in the evening. The bar opens onto the courtyard which we didn't use because the temperatures were hovering just below zero but it would be a lovely place to sit out in the summer. The location is superb, about a minute from the nearest metro and a short walk to the Charles Bridge.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I would like tea/coffee facilities in room

I like location.I like the staff who were very helpful. I like the breakfast. I particular like that breakfast tea was available

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was too warm even with the window open.

Excellent location close to all tourist sights. Clean comfortable room. The hotel itself is full of history just like the city of Prague. Breakfast was excellent.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The heating system is deficient when was cold outside. Noise produced by the upper floor leakage system. Outdated and dusty furniture, small wardrobe for clothes storage of three people. No slippers, no hair conditioner.

Hotel location. Prompt transfer services. Room 05, ground floor, is spacious, so is the bathroom. Nice flooring parquet. Excellent breakfast. Thank you Oksana for your helpful information and your kindness.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not having tea and coffee facilities in the room.

We liked the efficient, polite and caring. Staff. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. We especially appreciated this in a country where some shop keepers, train staff and some staff in restaurants were quite rude.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The lack of power outlets in the room was an issue. The only two accessible points were both in use, so we had to plug out the TV for our stay to charge our devices. There was another outlet, but is was hidden behind the large heavy wardrobe, so not accessible.

The location was excellent. The hotel is located just beside a metro station, tram stops, and a shopping centre. We bought the three day tourist tickets, but didn't use them much as the hotel is so well located that everywhere is within easy walking distance. The staff are very friendly and always very helpful. The young bar staff were very attentive. They can change your currency in the hotel and they offer a very good rate which is far better than you will get at the numerous ATMs in the city. The rooms are clean and comfy, as is the restaurant and bar. We would have no hesitation in staying here again and hope we will one day.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very small room, very hot and air con didn’t work. Bathroom was nice but shower head wouldn’t stay up so just had to hold it and could not get a constant temperature.

Very good location jut 5 minutes walk from the Charles bridge. Nice staff and breakfast was good as well.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms were very small but still comfortable. When we arrived at hotel, we gave our card details to pay the remainder of our bill and when leaving, the lady said the amount had been blocked, making it sound like my bank had declined the payment. What she meant was that the card hadn't been charged yet and she would do it then. Small confusion but it made me panic initially.

When my parter and I arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff who showed us to out room and gave us an idea of where to go in Prague during our stay. The rooms were very clean and tidy, they got cleaned with towels replaced everyday. Breakfast was amazing!! So much to choose from, both hot and cold foods. We also ate in the restaurant one night and food was really good there too. Probably the best food we had for dinner during our 5 night stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was average. Hard to find location based on booking.com address and description.

Last minute trip and booking. Hotel was beautiful, unique, charming and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Easy walking distance.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We had an only small problem in the beginning. The room was not warm enough. Heating was not working properly, but the staff arranged an additional electrical heater and they solved quickly our problem.

The hotel is located well, it was really easy to reach for us by subway from the bus station. Check-in and check-out worked perfectly fine and quick. The staff was friendly. The room was quite clean, we felt comfortable. Breakfast was good. Everything was like we expected from photos. We were totally satisfied with our stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bedroom was not warm enough and there was a draught from the windows. In spring and summer I am sure it would be fine but we were visiting when the temperature got down to -12 degrees. The bathroom was fine though.

The breakfast was excellent and location was perfect. The hotel is right by a tram stop and metro.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds were on the firm side of comfortable but have slept on a lot worse!

Great location within walking distance of all major attractions Super-friendly staff Comfortable rooms Good breakfast with plenty of choice Excellent value for money

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was some street noise at night but really no more than you would expect from any city hotel.

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble they seemed to have a real pride in where they worked. The Hotel was spotlessly clean and good location for sight seeing.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

An added bonus would have been to have tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms.

Rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfasts were fabulous. Staff attentive.

Very minor point but the air conditioning (heating) didn't work despite asking reception. However the heating was on which was just about sufficient

Lovely staff, nice interiors, good breakfast

It was all good!

I am just back from a wonderful stay at the Hotel Elite in Prague. Staff were wonderful with a great sense of humour, breakfast was magnificent with a full selection of cooked and continental choices, great omelettes cooked to order, lovely fresh baked goods and lovely fresh fruits available each day. The toiletries in the bathrooms were fully filled large bottles so very Eco-friendly. Beds were very comfortable, we didn't hear any noise even though the hotel was busy. I would definitely go back and so would my companions.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was only one little negative & that was the pillow it was too big & bulky which effected my sleep as I only sleep with one at home (even my husband struggled with it & he sleeps with two at home). Would have been better to have two less bulky pillows so you have the choice to sleep with both or just one.

Good location within walking distance of everything & plenty of transport nearby if you didn't want to do a lot of walking. Lovely cosy hotel with lots of original features which was quirky with all staff being friendly & helpful. Standard room we stayed in was quite small but cosy with bed being comfortable,bathroom was more than adequate with shower over the bath, which was all kept clean every day by staff. The Lobby bar was welcoming after a long day out sightseeing with drinks being very reasonably priced, also the restaurant in the hotel did tasty food also at a reasonable price. Plenty of choice for breakfast, with omelette`s made to order. Good variety of danish pastries every day,choice of fruits,hot & cold food as well.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff breakfast teams, were not quite consistent from day to day due to how managers on the floor led their staff. Housekeeping didn't quite keep up with the 'normal' tea bags in the room's selection. The lift's information sheet about hotel- booked taxis did not tally with the 'actual' charges.

Great location. The hotel does a grand job. Breakfast was magnificent with a super variety to tuck in to. Pastries were excellent! Staff were very helpful even with the slightest of problems. Reception was particularly good at problem-solving for us whether over plug socket connections, transport to the opera or, doing research for information not readily known or to hand. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower was awful, the room we were in was noisy. Cleaners wheeling past the room from 6.30 and could hear up stairs shower

The interior of building, location and great bar area with loads of lovely drinks. Breakfast was very nice too

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Would have liked more plug sockets. Only had one double one in the bedroom and then a second in the bathroom (always a bit worried about using bathroom plugs!) Not easy when two of you have cameras, phones, charge banks and e-cigs to charge overnight! Otherwise lovely hotel!

Fantastic location, very short walking distance from metro. Very good breakfast, can even have omelettes made to order! Optional spa treatments at reasonable prices. (Unfortunately didn’t have time to have one!) Clean and nicely decorated.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room a bit small, shower that must be held in my hand and cannot be placed above my head.

Good breakfast, great location, friendly staff and excellent wifi

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Sound insulation of windows were poor, every noise from the street was loud in the room. I woke up every morning at 6 AM to the laundry car. Avoid rooms facing the street.

Good atmosphere, stylish and old,but friendly hotel, 10 minutes walk from the center.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Although middle of winter was a tad warm

Very clean warm and comfortable , staff were fantastic all speaking excellent English Location perfect centre of old town 50yds from metro and trams Prague a wonderful City and Elite a perfect place to see it from , budget price but fantastic value

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The continental breakfast was lovely and set us up for the day. Room was spacious; however the beds were too hard, it didn’t ruin our stay. Location couldn’t be any better. We explored the whole of Prague by foot and felt the Hotel was perfectly situated in the centre of where we wanted to be.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Due to the nature of the building you can hear neighbours doors slam which was a little disturbing in the nighttime but don’t let that put you off as the rest of the hotel was fab staff was really helpful and happy to help on celebratory occasions!! Will deffo go back on a return to Prague

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed and pillow was not comfortable

Everything was ok and the people at reception desk were very kind and helpful. The hotel is very near to the metro stop (2 min walk).

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathtub should have curtain as water was spilling out making it all wet for next person.

Great location, 1 hour travel from airport and well in city center, everything was very near. Travel cost as cheap as 32 Kc Czech currency < £1.5 . Jacuzzi and sauna available at reasonable price. Room was clean and breakfast was too good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel restaurant is primarily geared towards meat-eaters. While the food was good, I'd like to see more variety - especially more salads.

Great location. Nice rooms. The staff was helpful and polite.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The property was warm, clean and central for exploring Prague. The staff were genuinely helpful and friendly. The breakfast was fine, croissants were warm, plentiful and fresh. the orange juice was a little weak and watery but all in all not worth complaining about when everything else was so good. We would recommend it as a place to stay in Prague :)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location, very central easy to access all sights. Lots of cards restaurants near by. Easy access to public transport. Welcoming, friendly staff. Looked after us. Lovely spacious clean and tidy room. Traditional decor.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Fantastic staff at the Elite Hotel, staff very helpful and perfect location. Only downside was the noise through the walls and ceiling. We were on the ground floor and awoken early each morning with furniture being pulled across the floor above us, not sure this is was a bedroom or staff facilitates as it was each morning. It wouldn't put me off staying again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I couldn't sleep that night just because I could hear my next door snored heavily. It's an old building but it's quite thin wall. Stuff are nice,smiley and friendly.

Breakfast was really good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Parking

Parking is limited (vehicle size, number of parking spots), but staff will recommend you other nearby parking (e.g. National theater, 5 min walk).

Location is absolutely fabulous. Great value for money. Rooms are bit small, but cozy. Bed super comfy. I recommend wellness facility at the hotel (massage)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were unfortunately given a room right opposite the cleaner's cupboard/room and with thin walls and echoing hallway, we could hear everything. Had to complain a couple of times about it. Beds and pillow were ok, not super comfy to be completely honest and therefore didn't make up for our unfortunate placement.

The location is very convenient. This is a winning factor. The staff were also lovely and helpful. Bathroom is modern and clean. Some extra effort in better quality towels and toiletries (instead of generic shower gel and shampoo in one) would help take this hotel to the next level.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The blonde barwoman was not very attentive. Reception staff (two guys) a little icy and didn't seem particularly organised.

The barman was extremely friendly and very efficient. Good selection at breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very cozy and comfortable. Very good location: not far from the center and shopping street. Also, there is a shopping mall right next to the hotel. The hotel restaurant proposes very delicious menu.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It is a very loud hotel and we stayed midweek. We heard every noise and conversation going on and as there was a lift right outside the door you could hear this banging a lot.

The room was beautiful. We had an upgrade to the junior suite which is stunning. The bed is so comfortable and there was plenty of space.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The wi-fi was terrible. The walls of the rooms were paper thin. I could hear cases being unzipped, things being plugged in, people talking. Echoing corridors. Noisy building works somewhere in the hotel.

The location was good. The rooms were clean.

Browse Elite Hotel traveller photo gallery