Reviews of EA Hotel Mánes 4 stars

Myslíkova 20, Prague, 110 00, Czech Republic

#443 of 612 hotels in Prague

The hotel is not meeting 4 stars standards. it's not convenient for couples (as there is no 1 big bed as mentioned, they put 2 separate beds together in all rooms so not really convenient and not comfortable). slippery bathroom. The breakfast is not worth it. The facility is old compared to the photos. the ventilation system is super noisy and starts automatically so impossible to sleep.

The only positive point is the location

Katerina, was perfect to help us for any problem... Yes there is some problem which need to be fixed but because of Katerina and her team I will be there one more again... Thank you so much :))

In second evening of stay, the water is not hot in the shower. I called the reception then they said we will take care of it. After one hour still nothing changed. This is unacceptable for me & worst experience in my life. Before check out , the water is almost not flowing. Both hot & cold water. It is not possible wash your hands & take a shower. This is unbelievable. I think , hotel building has serious infrastructure problems. I talked with the receptionist , to learn how they will react all those mistakes? Answer: I will talk with my manager. Then nothing changed & no apologize before we left from the Hotel. Also room: number: 410 looking to another apartment & dark,

Close to tram station. you have chance to use 2, 18, 22, tram-line to reach old town center.

When we we checked in we entered the room with our key only to find it already occupied! Receptionist blamed his colleague and checked us into another room which was at the back of the hotel, cell like with high buildings obscuring both windows, no natural light. The beds were very hard but we have had a similar experience elsewhere in Prague so that may be the norm. Pillows too big and very hard. Shower over bath was very poor, only good for hair washing as water pressure so low. Set too low for anyone over the height of 5 foot to fit under and as it was fitted over the width of the bath instead of the length the old fashioned shower curtain stuck to you while showering because there was so little room. You were also scalded if anyone used the hand basin at the same time. Also when turning off the shower you were either scalded or frozen. On check out we were told that we had already paid. After checking our paperwork and contacting Booking.com in the room we had to go back down and tell them we hadnt and insist that we paid because we had an early flight the next day. No apology from staff concerned, desk staff seem ill informed and disorganised.

Location, short walk to Karlov Most and riverside. Air conditioning very efficient even in hot week in May.

The room was in awful conditions, with paint falling off the walls, tiles in the bathroom falling apart (see the pics). This is faraway from being a 4 star hotel, very disappointing

The position, walking distance from the centre.

Shower in bath was not practical. Very dangerous getting in and out of bath. Bathroom pictures on website are not accurate. Breakfast was poor

Location was good. Quiet hotel was a bonus

The room was very warm and the temperature was difficult to control. The light in the room (this is a general hotel problem): it is difficult to read in bed.

Great location near the Moldau and the city centre. I also liked the small variation in the offer for breakfast.

-temperature in the room was difficult to control -no electric kettle in the rooms, would be a very useful tool for making coffee/tea - no scrambled eggs during breakfast

+outstanding personel, kind, friendly and always helpful + rooms are quit comfortable and clean + the position is pretty good to visit the city(UBER IS very cheap to use in Prag (1 km =10czk ~ 0,45€) +breakfastroom is big enough +breakfast was ok(see approvement area) +price-performance ratio is unbeatable(4* Hotel in Center for 63 € breakfast inkluded)

None of the taxi drivers knew where to go for the hotel so that was very frustrating but other than that perfect

It was perfect for the amount of nights we stayed at it

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Check out, minibar expenses were addebited on my card without even making a call. Normally reception asks of consume on checkout.

Nothing this hotel is definetly not 4 stars. I stayed later in my trip in another hotel for the same price and everything was luxury.

Bed was fairly uncomfortable (though it had it`s advantages), too big pillows, room was rather small as for 4stars hotel. Much too hot in a room (though opening the window fixed the problem). As for me the bathroom looked like it could use a renovation (wasn`t bad, but I would expect a bit more).

Very nice staff, breakfast was fairly good, nearby Lego museum and not far from Market square.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

very dusty room, mirror with fingerprints marks, never hoovered, very dirty carpet, NO HEATING in winter! VERY COLD in the room! very laud noise from outside in the night and early morning.

4 stars, but NO water for free. You need to pay for everything. After cleaning the room somebody forgot cleaners on the table.

Hotel is close to central railway station (15-17 min). Very clean room and bathroom.

The elevator was barely big enough for two people. Some light bulbs burnt out in the bathroom and some of the carpet "base board" was peeling away from the wall. Safe was not well secured to the cabinet it was attached to. All minor issues, still a very nice place to stay.

Staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. My room was nice and large. Everything was very clean. The free breakfast was nice. Nice modern styling and finishes. Housekeeping did an excellent job. Can be a bit of a walk to many main attractions if you have mobility issues, but is very close to excellent public transportation. Only a couple of blocks to the Vltava River.

* Double room with only one socket that located on the floor near the bathroom No sockets to charge mobiles/ computers * Impossible to read.Not enough light in the room * No any channel in English

Air condition can't be controlled accurately but that's not really a problem since you can open the windows. There is no view from the hotel. Pillows are very big (we never asked for smaller) and your neck may hurt, bed could be more comfortable and the room is a bit old inside. I d prefer it if the toilet was not located next to the bathroom's door, a door which had a blured glass built in. The hotel staff could be more english proficient but this is usual to most hotels etc. If the hotel was renovated it would be almost excellent but then again the prices would not be the same i guess... In general it is recommended for your stay just don't have high expectations of the room.

Breakfast was so good with a large variety of food and the products quality was very good too, you will love it! Salads in breakfast are not the same every day and coffee is decent as well as orange juice. The location is really good, very close to tram and metro stations and 10-15 mins walking distance from Charles Bridge (depends on the pace you walk). Public trasport is very good in Prague and if you feel like not walking you can always use the trasport to get everywhere cheap n fast. I propose you to walk the city and if you buy tickets buy the 1 or 3 days ticket. You also need half a ticket for luggage. Wi fi responded pretty fast and well and there was air-conditioning all day long. Staff is friendly and communicative but not all of them very good in english!

Room, size of the room, bed - we have requested king-size, got 2 twin put together. Asked reception to change - they didn't due to the hotel policy. Comfort of the bed & pillows. Dust on the furniture/top size of the bed. Dark room with no good day light from outside. Room aircon didn't work well - was switching on automatically spreading bad noise - impossible to slip.

Bed

I loved the location and staff. Huge thanks to Vera- staff member , who made every morning a beautiful one. Her attitude and personal touch was amazing. She works as a main waitress.

We had the windows open the entire stay 24 / 7 & room was still hot. Turned heating of & maid kept turning back on. Shower was over bath, I am 5 ft 8 inch & my head touched the shower head. In breakfast room, the staff (one at any time) was constantly sat down chatting to friends. Literally for 30 - 60 minutes a time, she was totally un-professional, un-interested in guests, & down right lazy. We then got asked to leave breakfast room on one day as was turned 10am (fair enough we where late) but then went in their cafe next door where we had to pay (fair enough) but then got asked to move back to breakfast room as they where busy to be served same stuff that was there but to pay as we where 10 min late. Hotel not run down but far from perfect & bordering on being tired. Not a great stay

I was here 6 years ago, and it was definitely better back then. They are not taking good care of the building (there were leaks in the corridor). Room was too hot, and even though the room was clean you can see a lot of dust on the red walls.

The staff was very kind and very helpful. The size of the room was good. There was a fair choice for breakfasts. You can go walking to the centre, 5 min to Wenceslas square. Very close to restaurants and bars. Metro station 5 min walking.

Our room was very small (for a 4 star hotel). Receptionist refused to give any small notes in exchange for large ones. Also, we wanted to pay our bills individually, but were told we couldn't do that.

The location of the hotel was excellent for sightseeing. The breakfast choice was very good too.

My reservation was cancelled without informing me, i was just lucky that they had an available room when i arrived.

Room was big, cozy and very clean. And the breakfast was good as well.

Bathroom shower virtually not usable. Shower head holder did not work and was clogged with limescale and there was no shower curtain as well in a bath which made it a all a bit difficult to take a shower altogether. My room had a tiny window that was totally blurred. Also, a cleaner walked in right into my room as I was still in a bed (7am) on the day of my check-out. Half an hour later another cleaned knocked my door trying perhaps to chase me out. This was most disappointing as check out time is 11am and you don't expect such a traffic of cleaners invading your room early Saturday morning. Big shame !

Great location. Very good breakfast. Good room size and room facilities are quite good too. Quite a few TV channels.

• Twin Room for Single Use

still the rooms smelled. My room used to be a smoker room converted to a non-smoking room, but the smell remains once the walls absorb the smell. When I asked for a new room and gave them the reason I was simply told that it was not a smoking room and some people smoke in secrete. This is the first and it was not a recent smoke smell it was already absorbed by the walls and carpet. This really overwhelmed the entire experience.

The bathroom was clean and the room overall was clean but see below what I did not like.... I arrived early and the staff did accommodate by allowing me to check in early, because I was exhausted from my travels I really appreciated this!

Not much hot choice for breakfast. Room was very dusty had cobwebs from ceilings and units were covered in dust. The carpet needed a Hoover. Taxi from airport to hotel cost 740czk (very clean and new car driver smart and clean.) However asked hotel to order taxi for return cost 700czk taxi driver had no personal hygiene very old car which looked like it was going to fall apart and had all crisp packets in back if the car. Wouldnt recommemd hotel ordering taxi!! If we had time to leave it and book another we would of.

Asked for twin beds but they were in a small room and couldn't be separated so essentially it was a double bed. Just not what we asked for

Location was ideal, the staff were friendly

Hotel was clean, well located, quiet, good looking. It was however, in my opinion, too expensive - what we paid would have rather been for a higher end hotel, this was a very nice mid range hotel: no luxuries but nothing to complain about.

The room a bit dirty. And superb hot. Air conditioner not working at all so we can't sleep.

Staff was helpful, room is bigger than other.the location is good.

I never had a worst breakfast. Bread very hard and the rest of the facilities within the restaurant ia very basic.would not rate a 4 star hotel.

Very good location everything is within walking distance.

• Twin Room for Single Use

It is a shame that there is no meeting room/lounge - travelling as a group of 4 single older ladies it would have been nice to have a meeting point, other than the stairs well. It is a pity that the attached cafe does not keep longer hours. I was also disappointed with the payment method. I purposely asked which currency would be used for payment and receptionist said Euros, cash or credit card. However when I checked my receipt for the credit card it was in Czech currency and had obviously been converted from the Euros using a high exchange rate (31...., when current rate was 29.....) , and I will now have to pay an exchange rate from my credit card provider as well. This will result in an overpayment of at least £15 on a 3 night stay. We were misled. One of our party paid in Euros cash and paid exactly the price arranged through booking.com. Disappointing after such a good experience!

Good rooms, nice furnishings. Bathroom was clean and functional. Breakfast was relaxed and substantial. Nice selection too. Staff were pleasant.

Old building. I would rate them 3/3,5 stars, not 4. No single mixer tap when showering. Breakfast was okay: we didn't like the coffee, and were surprised they didn't serve bacon. No parking on site: we were referred to "central parking Prague" (550 CZK/day, so about 20 EUR). This is an underground parking, but LOTS of cars (when you get your car back, they'll probably have to move +3 cars first... luckily they were very friendly).

Price was very reasonable. This hotel is a good choice when you're visiting Prague with some friends, but I would definately choose an other hotel when visiting Prague with my girlfriend.

The parking in this area is difficult (you can just park in a white zone, but this area is always full), if you stay in a public garage is very expensive. The cleaning and the quality of the room' equipments are under in my expectation. For me it is not 4*, but maybe I am wrong. The pictures about the hotel promised better statement and service... The air condition was not working, so we turned it off also it started automaticly every morning at 7h00 by itself, so it was useless but noisy.

The location and the neighborhood was ok. The breakfast is not perfect but not so bad.

- Staff were helpful and friendly. - Bed was comfortable. - Location was away from the touristy part, with lots of great eateries in the area. And it was still easy to access the old town and major attractions by foot.

Walked in the room and dust everywhere, glasses not change from the duration of the stay. No lounge to hangout with. Basic hotel

Pretty close to the city centre on foot. Convenient in every way. Breakfast was average.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

We have excepted one double bed but it has two single beds. It is only bad things about the room.

Good location. Close to city centre don't need to use any transport. Room is good for a couple. Breakfast is good enough.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The location is wonderful!! Most everything I wanted to do in Prague was in walking distance. Great cafe and coffee bar attached to the hotel and many restaurants in the surrounding blocks.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Hotel needs some detailed cleaning of the bathrooms and paint the walls in the corridors as they really look very dirty.Carpets in the room and corridor were good cleaned.

The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the main square and old town square. The rooms are well equipped and beds very comfortable. Although it is located on the main street, its not noisy at all, its very quite area. Breakfast is modest, like in the most of the Prague hotels. Its good value for money hotel.

no parking for guest, difficult public parking system, noisy location (middle of Saturday night fever area), very noisy neighbors

location (walking distance to Old Town), good breakfast

It was cold inside the room, duvets were really small, reserved a double bed and got two single beds with individual duvets.

The location is pretty nice, next to the river and relatively close to the center.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Twin Room for Single Use

Hotel was very busy and unclean, room was better,but still it wasn't as Clean and nice as IT should be for a price.

Brekfast was really tasty and they change it everyday. Personel was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Over several stays in Prague, Hotel Manes was easily the best one in terms of value for money. It's only 10 minutes away from the old town center and there's plenty of bars and restaurants in the area. The staff and facilities were great.

• Twin Room for Single Use

In end of the winter, windows were not properly caulked and there were permanent draught from window.

Hotel has quite good placement. Not too far from old city center (1-1.5 km approx) but enough to avoid loud crowd. Metro entrance and tram station are within 200m.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

There was a lot of noise coming from pipes? in the morning. Not sure what that was but kept waking us up.

Nice location, pleasant staff. Good value for money. Happy overall.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

the room was freezing no heating no kettle in the room, lift was very small barely get 2 people in at 1 time..2nd lift was dogie and made serious noises would not stay there again

the staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Unfortunately, for a Hotel of this standard, there should be an electric kettle in each room. I would not call this hotel a 4 star, rather a 2 star one!

The location is excellent. One can easily see most of the tourist attractions like Charles Bridge, Prague Castle etc from there. The breakfast was really good with lot of choices. The people at the reception was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

9 / 10 things were very poor here. When you call yourself a 4 star , you do expect the basics in place. - Very poor check in process, a tad rude too. - Shockingly the AC doesnt cool the room When this was questioned , they say because its CENTRAL AC and we cant cool your room. Well I decide the comfort I want, not the hotel Right ? - The worst bathroom I have ever used, The shower , The Bidet all so poorly maintained and so unplanned. - Poor dirty Carpets everywhere , right from the Lobby staircase to everywhere. I definetly dont recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to PRAGUE. There is no Hospitality, Rooms being poor, the bathrooms worse and the whole experience itself is very bad.

Honestly there is nothing that I liked in particular, But if it was something that helped our poor stay , It was the BREAKFAST. Its a decent spread, considering am a vegetarian , I still got to eat well.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Some of the staff members were nice, others somewhat grumpy. The price when we arrived was higher than what we had reserved. Our price on booking.com was in canadian dollar, when we arrived, of course the price was in tchek crowns, but when converting the value in canadian $, it was 40$ more than the price we had reserved it at.

Breakfast was included, and it was fairly good. The location was about 10min walk from city center/ old prague, so that was quite good. And the wifi worked well enough. Rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The pillows were very stiff and big, we couldn't sleep on them. My wife's neck hurt after she slept on the pillow. I asked when booking for a king size bed but we received two separate beds.

Very good location towards the Old Citu center. We didn't need to buy any buss tickets because we would just walk from the hotel to the Old city. Breakfast is okeish.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Wear and tear beginning to show slightly in our room, nothing major though. Will need to be addressed in coming years I'd imagine but I'm sure management are well aware.

Location great, value excellent, staff perfect, definitely recommend.

We rented 2 rooms, both have air conditioner, however non of them was working, receptionist told us that people who rented rooms before us, broke it and did not tell us. Both of them????? And it was not fixed while we stayed there. Morning was very noisy because windows were open, one side the street, another side is garbage side. Carpet in room was not very clean.

Bed are comfortable and clean. Towels are the same. Breakfast is very very good. The average is good. Location is great.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

I chose a place with parking, unfortunately got told to park on street, after circling for 15mins and almost missing my meeting, got told to go to parking for 550Kc per night. so why to write that you have P if you don't? then I got told off not to break doors as you need to ring the bell and theres a huge sign outside that says so. well there is a sign to ring bell if you want some thai massage. third - breakfast is like for 2-3 star hotel. nothing special. cant even compare to radisson or marriott or hilton.

good locations, ok rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Twin Room for Single Use

I would make some minor improvements in the bathroom, but overall it was good great

Huge room, bright and clean, excellent bed, large bathroom. Reception was always helpful and breakfast was really nice.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The toilet was dirty, phone is not working, no phone adapters, the room safe isn't working, and with all levels that the price was high. Really poor experience.

Staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

very unprofessional and unfriendly staff. Mini bar is not cooling safe does not work Air condition is not cooling enough No Tea and Coffee Facility in room No Toileteries in the bath room Smelling floor carpets No good breakfast.. THIS IS NOT A 4 STAR HOTEL very bad attitudes from the reception staff (except night door man)

Amazing location

The rooms were way to warm don't think are air con was working properly

Location wise it was great 10 minutes walk to the town

breakfast could have been better toilet flush throws too much water out, so it kind of falls on you

location cleanliness size of bathroom

Only soap in the bathroom, no shampoo or shower gel.

Clean room, tasty breakfasts, good location.

Good breakfast

More cleaned when make a room.

Location is good that can easily approach everywhere by foot.

Breakfast was good,situation very good. Tv program and quality poor. The size of room NO "four stars".

Wifi was really slow.

Good breakfast. Very clean rooms. Great location, many restaurants near by and tram is close too.

Everything was very clean comfortable and valuable.Best wishes

All of it x

It was very cold in room and some walls had moisture in it.

Great location. Breakfast was okey!

Staff élégance, lift, shompoo

The beds can be improved.

The bathroom is my favorite and the staff is also very nice.

Elevator Poor breakfast Shampoing Old tv

Bad high quality and very good location

Small room.

Great breakfast.

• Twin Room for Single Use

Pillows are very uncomfortable. A little bit more light in room needed

almost everything

Great selection at breakfast! Hotel in convenient area and within walking distance to great restaurants and attractions.

No kettle and no tooth brush

Good Location, easy tram access, spacious room and comfy bed. Close to mini market and restaurants

Was a bit noisy outside our room in the mornings

Bed was comfy and breakfast very good! Very good location close to the river.

Two single beds pushed together instead of a double bed No English channels on tv

Location, staff and value for money

Everything was ok.

Good, central location, spacious rooms with nice view, solid offer for breakfast.

Browse EA Hotel Mánes traveller photo gallery