Reviews of Rohan Boat Prague 3 stars

U Libeňského Mostu 1, Prague, 180 00, Czech Republic

#115 of 150 B&Bs and Inns in Prague

• Classic Cabin on Boat

-The staff did not speak English very well, which made communication quite difficult sometimes. -They did not offer a wide range of food at dinner. -The noise of the the device that ventillates the air in the cabin is really hard to bear, especially at night - because it is on all night. -They set the A/C to like 27 degree Celsius each evening, and that could only be modified at the reception, so we would constantly need to beg them not cook us alive.

-The bedroom was clean, the bed was comfortable. - The boat itself looks nice, and has a good atmosphere -The breakfast was the best party of our stay

• Classic Cabin on Boat

just got back from staying at the rohan boat really enjoyed our 4 night stay the wellness and massage were great very relaxing the staff were very nice jiri and thomas on reception are an asset to the boat they were very helpful and polite good value for money .

• Classic Cabin on Boat

My room was standard, but the carpet was stained and looked tired, also trying to have a wash in the sink without hitting your head on the Mirror is an impossibility! Food was dry and not to my liking at all( only had breakfast) jacuzzi was dirty, and the walkways smelt of sewage! Wouldn’t stay here again, plus it’s an hours walk from old town

The idea of the boat hotel is great, the wellness centre and added bonus and pleasant staff

• Classic Cabin on Boat

The air condition kept turning on and off during night, making pretty big noise when it did that was waking me up every time it did so. Not a very quality sleep then...

Nice premises, the golf driving range is a very nice touch to the accommodation.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

We paid for all inclusive but that only counted 6-9 at night and at breakfast the rest of the day we had to pay for find elsewhere

Room was clean and beer was good

• Classic Cabin on Boat

Asphalted road to the property from the train station by walking warn people about paid drinks on dinner

Excellent Breakfast and Dinner. Not sure if it's written but they should warn you that for dinner, you have to pay extra for the drinks. For the rest, the property is really great and confortable, the bad side is it's kind of far from center. I mean, is 20 minutes ride on the train but after few days you'll realize is far. Still, you'll save money and the quality is really recommended! Another thing that surprised us, as walking tourist, is that the entrance to the property from the train station is quite creepy by night, no lights, there's no asphalt at the begining only the last 20-50 meters to the entrance of the property.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

Not the nicest area to go to as boat tucked away in a part of Prague where lot of building works going on and a dark area to walk to get there. More suitable for people with their own transport.The hot water was not working which meant i could not have bath before getting ready for dinner . However it was okay in morning so sorted quickly

Staff were very welcoming and upgraded us to a cabin with bath tub. Food was cooked well with a good variety to choose from and there was a nice smoking area to the outside where to relax.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

I honestly have had perplessities about the personel and their organization. When I got there, I had the explanation that breakfast starts at 7, day after, when I was there to have breakfast, I was told they start at 8. Then I decided in agreement with the personel in restaurant that I would upgrade my food to an all inclusive, but everyday I was told I didn't have it, until I went to reception together with the restaurant personel, to make sure the upgrade was made, and then when making check-out I find the bill including wine and beverage, and the food, added upon the price where I was supposed to have breakfast and dinner included... They were helpful and we sorted it out, but still it wasn't something one wishes for

They were very helpful when it comes to Glutenfree and Lactose Free Diet. When I arrived early they quickly made me an early check-in. The place was a bit low level (area around the boat), but it was easy to get into town by foot, just with a brief walk.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

First night there was an xmas event for sm students and like this all the nice food went to their party and we go some leftovers Also the insulation of the rooms are not good Stuff should be able to speak English

We liked the receptionist the first day we arrived He was very nice helpful and correct Nice idea to make an accommodation on a boat but there s a lot to improve

• Luxury Cabin

They didn't receive my note about booking room on the river side. We got room on the bank side. Unfortunately on the river side all rooms were occupied - which is OK (they can't do anything with it), but they said the note from Booking.com was not received.

Nice place to stay. Very nice selection of food for dinner (fish, meat) and breakfast.

• Luxury Cabin

Certain information regarding spa facilities were not told to us at the start of the trip in terms of the additional price of massages I also could not find this on their website before going. They also do not cater for vegans.

The beds were comfy, staff were somewhat polite and the place was very presentable.

• Luxury Cabin

This is certainly nothing luxury about this boat - felt dirty, cheap and used. The breakfast was the only positive thing about the stay. Will certainly not stay there again!

The area is not great when coming back late at night and they promise 24 hour reception but our daughter was left standing when there was no one to open for her. Eventually she had to climb around the boat to find a way into her room. The breakfast is very average and done in a very uncaring way. Don't come late as it will be gone and all you will have left are empty plates. While the receptionist was very charming, there was a rude man at reception much of the time who let us stand around hoping someone would attend to us. They could make some effort to make the area directly outside the boat not look so run down.

Our room was very large, new and clean, but our daughter in the single room one level down was disappointed with her crammed space. I loved the romance of staying on a boat but it fell short of a good experience. There is little effort made to turn this lovely boat into a great experience as large outdoor areas are unused. The tram is close by but the underground is a bit of a walk.

• Luxury Cabin

I am on a gluten and a dairy free diet. Being on a diet like this does not mean eating without any taste. Here I was served an unseasoned catfish (it did not contain either salt or pepper) and salad without any oil. They were unable to serve rice either. I would have been more sympathetic If I had not mentioned my needs in the booking email and If I had not been promised that everything would be Ok. If you are any kind of diet, go somewhere else.(usually the ingredients are marked on the menu)

We spent 3 nights in a romantic cabin and 2 in a luxury cabin. Both of them were clean and the mattresses were comfortable (semi hard). The breakfast was also good. The Finnish sauna was a perfect solution for relaxing the body after a long walking from sights to sights in Prague.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

As I am vegetarian... Breakfast was not mch good for me

The staff was very good and very friendly... They helped a lot in exploring the city... Place is quite and peaceful

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Classic Cabin on Boat

It isn't a 4 star hotel. It doesn't deserve any stars. It is far from the city center. It is extremely dirty. In the room there were a dirty smell, even the linens had some strange smell. The lighting in their mini size toilet-shower were extremely poor. The room was very small. The bed has no comfort. Near your window, on the river you see all toilet contaminants. The breakfast was very poor, nothing had a quality. The staff doesn't speak English. Even the reception is so clumsy that can't take a payment by credit card in 20 minutes. I don't recommend this place and asks Booking.com to remove from their list.

Would have liked a option from Booking.com as to the room location. We would have liked to be on the river side of boat, instead of by the loading ramps. Would not use location to walk at night.

What a fun place to stay! Friendly professional staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was amazing, so many choices of food! Because of a wedding we could not eat on board so the staff drove us to a restaurant in old town Prague which was a fun surprise!! Easy to get local transportation from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Classic cabin small and shower/ toilet combo was feasible in concept, but impractical in use. No tea or coffee facilities in either cabin. Bar was expensive £22 for two double spirits!

Luxury cabin was sizeable and well catered for. Beds were comfortable. Quiet location.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Luxury Cabin

Very good staff ! Amazing brekfast and the room was very clean ! The best thing in the boat is that is in Prague 8 (little outside from the Prague center) and you would relax outside from the loud of the city !!! Very professional. I would recommented to everyone !!! P.S You must try the SPA and the masaz they have. Trust Me !!!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The bathrooms are comfy but strange, with separated doors for shower and wc but a shared sink. Maybe deluxe rooms are different, anyway you get used to it, it's not a big deal. The lights in the bathroom should be more powerfull, a kind of a dim light in there.

Staff was great and useful, they provided info to get to the center. One night we were a bit cold in our standard double room and they provided an extra blanket. The views from the boat are nice and enjoyable, it's close to a B metro station and 2-4 tram stops. Getting to the center was easy, regardless of the position of the hotel. Breakfast was wonderfull. Full marks.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Luxury Cabin

Being on a river boat with your loved ones is fantastic. Our 'cabin' (maybe i shall write room instead) was very nice and comfy, place really quiet, but still easy to access the city center in a short time by public transport. Very good choices of massage, experienced stuff, felt very relaxed, really helped to renew my energies.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Luxury Cabin

I know this is a ship so my expecting was slow internet but it was almost unusable. We were three days and two days did not have eggs for breakfast and had to wait a long time the pancake is. Not so big problem but when you are hungry, it is.

It was very nicely designed bathroom. the bed was huge and comfortable! Roof and the view was very nice and calm even in windy weather was cool to be there delights :)

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

A medium size ship was converted into hotel, so unique & I like it. Feel like we are on a cruise trip. Near to tram station & only 20min to city center. Good breakfast & very clean hotel Value for money

• Luxury Cabin

The ship is of course far from the city center.

There is a golf pitch just outside the ship. Breakfast is great, real English type. Wellness center on a ship is amaizing.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

They DO need to have a menu written in English, they've got just a German and Czech one, didn't like that!!!

I liked being in the top just chillin' a bit and enjoying the mornings in there.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Luxury Cabin

- horrible location - not very friendly staff - breakfast was OK, not many choices, no fruit options - if you want to change room temperature, you have to go to reception; it's not possible to set it in your room - spiders and spider webs everywhere

- the room looked nice - big comfortable bathtub - good wifi

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The restraunt staff rude aloof and certainly not helpful. Air con is a must in this "hotel" but unfortunately not working. I felt as though I was suffocating as it is not advisable to open it window due to the canal bugs

Location was good a little outside the main atractions but easily reached by taxi

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Being on the river, there are lots of spiders everywhere and you can't open the windows unless you want to have an insect infestation. Personally, I found this really off-putting but I guess there is not much the staff can do about it.

Nice location on the river. Free parking. Good breakfast that you can eat outside on the deck.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Overall excellent from the point of checking in to the botel to the point of checking out. Staff was friendly, smiling and whats more multilingual which was very helpful when it came to recommending us some trips in the local area. The food was spot on and the chef even came to us and explained some recipes which we found to be a great personalised customer service. Nice quiet area with a very easy access to the main attractions. Would recommend

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

I was totally satisfied with my accommodation/stay at Rohan Boat. Hotel is situated near to metro station, that is perfect when you want to get into the city centre. When it comes to services, everything was great, including rich breakfast, very nice and friendly staff and cleanness of rooms.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

The hotel isn't in the most stunning part of Prague. Is located next to a golf club. Better catch a taxi or drive there rather than public transport.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Food was excellent with a top service!

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Luxury Cabin

I don't want to blame staff's nervosity because they 're obviously not enough for covering all customers needs and expectations. They're 2 waiters for days and evenings. They do work a lot, they do everything, and I believe they do their best. (Indeed a waiting asked me to "get lost" when I asked him until what time the dinner is served..."very nice") Bed was as hard as a park bench. Breakfast was so poor that when I arrived at 9:30, I had only coffee and cake, I definitely arrived not early enough. Boat is clean inside, but outside (deck, terrasse etc...) it actually looks like an abandoned ship in a war zone...Bugs, Spiders, Mosquitos everywhere (this was July) All those things would have been acceptable if the price would have matched with the service, but it obviously wasn't the case. Anyways I believe I've said enough, I don't want to be too cruel.

free wifi free parking location, the borough is nice, not too touristic, and not too far away from the center by tram and subway or by taxi. Staff was quite nice (when they're not pissed of with too much work. Please read below)

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Luxury Cabin

The hotel is in an area where I think at night was unsafe to walk to from the transport. Links very dark and off the beaten. Track😒

Staff were helpful. And friendly room was good only. Had one problem a,c wasn't. Working

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Classic Cabin on Boat

Very nice and friendly staff - at the reception and also in the restaurant. The room was clean and comfortable and the view of the board, especially during the sunset, was absolutely breathtaking. Breakfast was delicious, very variable and you could choose of many things, everyone would pick something. We´re looking forward to stay longer next time.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

Very poor buffet. The servers do not speak a foreign language

Not far the metro station.Comfortable bed. Very quiet area.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

Although we realize it was a boat, there were a lot of tiny spiders throughout the deck...it made eating a bit uncomfortable.

Good breakfast!

• Luxury Cabin

Had no food at lunch time

Location. Clean. Friendly staff

• Classic Cabin on Boat

Unique and romantic place. We have been there eight years ago and they really try to keep the quality and experience on good level. Dinner was great.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

Far from centre of town.... off location

Very nice and clean. People friendly,but English language is a problem for them.

• Classic Cabin on Boat

Location and food were the worst part Also outside boat facilities need a lot of maintiance

friendly stuff and room cleaniess

Nothing really...

The boat was immaculate! The staff were helpful! It was a lovely place to stay!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The size of the bathroom.

The concept is a bit different and hence generate interest.Also my son's Name is Rohan

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Realy nice place to stay in Prague, helpful staff, clean room, tasty meal and free parking. Im looking forward for my next visit!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Heating was not working, I checked the same menu after second stay, Traffic (TRAM stop) was quite far.

Breakfast, lunch, boat, quite good stay

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Luxury Cabin

Breakfast and room was great

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Luxury Cabin

Excellent staff, friendly attitude, and also amazing breakfast included. Recommend to everyone.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The room was ok, everything you need was there, i like the concept (boat), breakfast was good ! In general we were very happy

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Romantic sunset, friendly stuff, tasty diner and breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

perfect breakfast, nice room, very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Very bad breakfast

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Rohan Boat Prague traveller photo gallery