Reviews of Hotel Metamorphis 4 stars

#172 of 612 hotels in Prague

9.7

There was 3 flights of stairs to our room and no lift
    • Double or Twin Room

There was 3 flights of stairs to our room and no lift However we had help from staff to carry our suitcases I wouldn't recommend to people with mobility problems

Memorable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing. The hotel met our expectations

strategically placed within 2 minutes walk from the main city square. Also, it is located in a courtyard, making it quiet at night. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us all the information we needed and brochures. I will certainly return to this hotel

Nice experience!
    • Double or Twin Room

Complementary mineral water and cof. would have been nice and excepted when staying in a hotel like this

Very friendly and helpful staff with surprising language skills (English, German..etc) quiet location....very good breakfast

The location can’t be beat - in the heart of the old town of...
    • Double or Twin Room

The WiFi was poor - pretty sure the router just needed to be reset, but staff were not very receptive to our (polite) complaint that it wasn’t working.

The location can’t be beat - in the heart of the old town of the city. The space was very cool, in a converted mansion, with great ambiance. Staff was very nice and helpful, and the beer spa in the basement of the hotel is a must!!

10/10 Fantastic Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were very nice, helpful and welcoming. The breakfast was beyond my expectations (thought continental-we had eggs, bacon, fruit, veggies...) Our room was more like a suite with a Comfortable bed. Last but not least-Location Location Location-excellent. Close to metro, T’yn Church, Astronomical Clock and many more...

Id stay there again but ask for a different room location..
    • Double or Twin Room

Very hard to find. Uber drivers couldn’t find it. Need a better locating address. Some nightclubs nearby, so there was street noise in our particular room, especially with open windows, between10:30pm and 4am,

Charming interior with a good mix of old and new. Excellent location to city square. Nicely updated and spacious bedroom and bathrooms with separate entryway. Very comfortable bed.

The location of the property is simply incredible.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms are clean but very dated. No lift so if you are elderly or disabled don’t book. The concierge tried to charge us for the room twice when we departed so I don’t know if it was a mistake or something more sinister but be careful and check the bill upon departure. Otherwise a nice stay.

The location of the property is simply incredible. 2 minutes walk from all major attractions. The rooms and the bathroom are very big, almost like a small apartment.

Altogether a great stay.
    • Suite

I stayed in the Metamorphis many, many, many times from 2000 to 2009 whilst I worked there. The hotel was a firm favourite of mine and arguably the best in Czech Republic. On my return at the weekend and indeed my first trip since 2009, I was disappointed with generally everything about the hotel (apart from my comments mentioned earlier). I enquired about a couple of things and found out that the hotel changed hands around 2012. This would explain a great deal. It is still a good hotel but nowhere near as good as it was. Across the board. I was a little disappointed. So much so that if I choose to go back to Prague I will probably look to stay in an alternative hotel. I would never have dreamed of doing this had the hotel been as I remembered it. For clarity, for first timers to Prague, you will love the hotel. It is just not as I remember it. A bit like having gold, with someone taking it away and replacing it with Bronze. It is still good but just not the same.

The rooms are spacious with fantastic showers. In addition, the layout and décor of the common areas and staircases are fantastic.

Great location, nice and cosy rooms, friendly receptionist. Poor breakfast, no elevator.
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no elevator, but the guys at the reception are very kind and help with the luggage. The breakfast is served in the opposite building at -2 Level and is far away from a 4* standard one, with a very limited choice of food. The coffee machine (for Espresso) was defective 3 from 4 days during our stay in the hotel. Fortunately there is a Nespresso coffee machine in every room.

The location is very central, the rooms are spacious, clean and elegant.

I recommend this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

No lights in the back yard (where we had to cross to get to our room) at night. Slippery floors in restaurant. Maybe restaurant staff should not clean floors during breakfast period. Breakfast guests have to pass through restaurant to get to breakfast room. Very bad smell in our rooms. Smells like it has been closed off for a very long time. None of these things ruined our stay :)

Breakfast was simple, but ok. Bed was big and comfortable. Spacious room.

Location was excellent
    • Double or Twin Room

The Restaurant was a bit expensive for wine in particular. Also they would not serve tap water to us. We only found out about the 20% discount if you are staying at the hotel the next morning at breakfast which was too late.

Location was excellent

Noisy, uncomfortable and wouldn't stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls were wafer thin, could hear next door on the toilet! View from window was of some sort of power supply. Didn't feel safe in the hotel.

A comfortable stay in Old Town Prague
    • Double or Twin Room

No major complaints other than the disco in the same block can be noisy on weekend nights.

Helpful and competent staff, extremely well located in pedestrian Old Town area, good breakfast, very clean, attractive and comfortable. And the Beer Spa is so fun!

Amazing building, location and staff balanced with rockhard beds

The mattresses were firm to the point of painful and the pillows old bunchy feather ones. Easily remedied with some new pillows and a topper or two... but take note in the interim.

This is a beautiful old building with amazing history and a perfect location with the Old Town Square on one side and restaurant and shopping in a local neighborhood just behind. Staff were helpful and the rooms large and bright.

Horrible welcoming from racist staff
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude and racist. After seeing my Iranian passport, they asked for travel documents and reasons to be there and they said this is regular procedure to watch for terrorists. They were shameless, intrusive and rude.

Location is very convenient
    • Double or Twin Room

Hot water and electricity supply are not stable. Although there is an elevator, it can't reach to our rooms level. We need to carry the luggages up to the stairs. No bottle water or boiling machine is provided in the room. One of the bath towel still has the product label on it.

Location is very convenient

The days were really cold in Prague while we stayed there,...
    • Double or Twin Room

The only "complaint" is that the wifi was unstable in the area where our room was (2nd Floor of the building next to the Restaurant). This could be a bit annoying for someone who actually needs to have internet access to keep planning their journey. The pillows were too thin, they need to be changed or another set of pillows could be added.

The days were really cold in Prague while we stayed there, but the heating at the hotel was great. As soon as you entered the room you could feel the difference. (The aisle was generally cold but only because other guests kept leaving the door open). The room was big. The location is great, plenty of restaurants in the area, bars, and easy access to a lot of sightseeing locations.

Noisy but nice.
    • Double or Twin Room

Be careful of what room you are assigned. we had a room that faced the street and there are bars there and the people party all night which makes the noise level in your room rather loud.

The old style of the rooms was very nice and the breakfast was also good.

Pleasant enough. Good location. Good breakfast. Hated noisy room though

Had a room facing the street. The noise from the bar across the road late at night was unbearable. Asked for a room with double bed and single bed to be given double bed and sofa bed after booking 11 months in advance.Did bring us a bed the next day though but think it was more a camp style bed. Didn't look like pictures of triple room beds on internet. Shower head in shower not great.Laptop safe in room could not fit a lap top.

Lovely place, please don’t “discover” it and ruin it
    • Double or Twin Room

The coffee at breakfast was a bit cool, but that’s grasping at straws for something to complain about.

Everything was lovely, really lovely. The staff were so nice to my twin daughters. The bath was fabulous and the location was excellent.

Hotel room was beautiful and very large also in the perfect...
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Beer Spa Package

you had to pay for the coffee that was in the room

Hotel room was beautiful and very large also in the perfect location to all the sites We also booked the beer spa which was a real experience which we both really enjoyed, it was very private and professional .

Friendly and romantic i would recommend your hotel and Prague to everyone .

No negatives !end

All good, friendly and very helpful staff at hotel which is situated just five minutes walk from the old town square and the amazing Christmas market, i will visit Prague again and i will stay at this hotel .

Horrible room, nice location. I do not plan to stay in this hotel ever.

Room was horrible. It was my second stay in this hotel and I considered this room as not very good joke. To ask 190EUR for the room of the level you seen on the picture is really arrogant.

Excellent Hotel, Staff very helpful and a top location
    • Double or Twin Room

Ask for two pillows as they tend to be a little flat.......staff were quick to respond......thank you

Spacious room with good facilities.....the hotel is superbly located for visiting all the main attractions.....lots of good restaurants and bars within easy walking distance.

Romantic Comfortable and Central
    • Double or Twin Room

Walking up stairs to our room was no problem for us, but a factor if elevator is needed as there is none.

Central to all sights - 5 minutes walk to Central Square/Astronomical Clock; 10-15 minutes to Charles Bridge; 30 min walk to Castle. Great restaurants, shopping and Jazz clubs just minutes away. Front desk service impeccable, friendly

Upgraded to suite Very central location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Upgraded to suite Very central location. Lovely breakfast. Really warm room. Heard music at night from our room but didn’t bother us. Very good price and lovely staff. Would Definately go back

Ok, but I'd consider another hotel next time.
    • Double or Twin Room

1. WiFi was not available in all rooms as advertised. Even if they had a problem, they didn't resolve it. I stayed in an Airbnb apartment and they fixed a wifi problem overnight. A four star should be better. I've stayed in this hotel four times and this is the first time I wasn't wowed. 2. When I made my reservation, I stated I had a car and that I wanted to stay in the main building. When checking in they were surprised I had a car, and put me in a room in their auxillary building.

Beds are amazing, and the location is terrific.

very nice accomodations in the center of the historic town.
    • Double or Twin Room

lighting in the room was poor (get rid of red lamp shades!). room was 2 flight walk up there was an elevator for your luggage. The location was a bit hectic, although we learned how to go out the back way to avoid crowds. There was an unpleasant sewer smell the first day so we kept the bathroom door closed, closed the bidet and then it went away.

The room was large, bathroom big and brand new. It is right in the center of town which is both good (convenient) and bad (hectic) . It was in a very nice courtyard off the main square. Breakfast had hungarian crepes every morning which was special.

Fantastic weekend in Prague
    • Double or Twin Room

Only thing I will say is at breakfast warm boiled eggs rather than could would be my preference, that is the only 'fault' I can find with the hotel

Had a fantastic stay, I paid a little more than I normally would for a hotel and so pleased I did. Staff were extremely polite, helpful and full of great recommendations on restaurants and tours. Also upon arrival I realised I left my travel adapter plug at home, I asked where I could purchase one from to be present with one by the receptionist! free of charge I was lent a plug :) it is those little things that make a trip.

Superb location, friendly staff, and cool rooms made Prague wonderful, as it always is!
    • Double or Twin Room

It could very loud with noise from the street late into the night, but that didn’t bother us too much.

The location, in a cool alleyway behind Old Town Square was excellent! The staff were very helpful with everything, including having a taxi at the airport for us to get to the hotel easily, quickly, and fairly. Room was very nice, with cool wooden beams, and big comfy bed.

On balance we enjoyed the stay
    • Double or Twin Room

At night noise from the nearby pub meant that the Windows could be opened. Wi-fi was promised but was only available in the lobby. However the staff were very helpful when we had a family emergency that entailed the use of hotel internet and other facilities

Great hotel in a fabulous location with friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

We loved everything about this hotel

Breakfast was sufficient, the usual cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cheeses, cold meats and bouled eggs, selection of pastries and cakes then scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. Toast and bread rolls. A windind staircase to get down to the restaurant so not suitable if you have difficulty with stairs

Quick email responce and good taxiservice
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotels feels like a 3 star more than a 4 star. Rooms feels old. I don't like when management / owners think they are 4 star just because they put conditioner and have phones in the rooms. Thin curtains, curtainrail falling down etc. the list is long. Breakfast is in an other restaurant not own by the hotel. You have to walk outside about 200 meters to reach it. This could be made a bit easier for the guests if they could walk through the restaurant instead (especially when it rains)

Quick email responce and good taxiservice

Fantastic Location
    • Double or Twin Room

For us it was fine but anyone booking should be told the is no lift to the rooms on level 3. There are a lot of stairs that would be an issue for some.

The location is fantastic. The room was a good size and very clean.

Couldn't have picked a better location for our Prague adventure.
    • Double or Twin Room

My one and only complaint would be the hand held shower nozzle. I'm an in and out shower kinda girl and found the hand held nozzle a bit tedious. Wish there was an attachment higher up to clip the nozzle to.

Excellent location! Wanted to stay in a hotel with charm and character in the heart of Prague and this was the perfect choice. Spent 5 nights here and loved it. Everything we wanted to see was within walking distance. Our room overlooked Ungelt Square and had an amazing view of Tyn Church which was spectacular at night. The room was quaint, spacious, quiet, clean, had great air conditioning (for us AC addicted people) and the staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was more than sufficient and served in a 13th century gothic cellar (uber cool). Ristorante Vabene was the perfect place to enjoy a final glass of wine while people watching before calling it a night, as it was located in Ungelt Square right outside the hotel. FYI, we found our Rick Steves pocket Prague guide and accompanying map to be invaluable when navigating the labyrinth of streets. Not to mention the survival phrases and general info that will make your trip much more enjoyable. Branch out, have fun, make an effort and realize you're not in Kansas anymore. Prague is phenomenal.

Quirky place. Good location. Fine for a few days.
    • Suite

Apartment rooms a bit sparse. if you are less able, it would be very difficult to go down the narrow circular stairs to the breakfast room.

individual pre-booked airport transfers through hotel. Apartment room sizes.

Good location and friendly people, but noisy inner courtyard
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms directed to the Inner courtyard (where the cars are parked) are not advisable. Unbearable noise in the night well after midnight as inner courtyard is used by neighbouring restaurants after closing for storing bottle cases in storage rooms and disposing of bottles and others things very loudly in waste containers. Even people with a deep sleep are wakened up by this noise!

Good location, friendly and helpful staff.

Nice clean rooms in an excellent location.

The shower stall was a bit small for my husband. The wifi was sketchy in one of the rooms.

Nice clean rooms in an excellent location. Very good breakfast

A++
    • Double or Twin Room

Facility and room was very comfortable. Staff was great and very accommodating. The buffet breakfast was huge with a great assortment of european and american breakfast times. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. In fact, I would stay here again if I was visiting Prague. FYI. My room faced the square and it got very loud at times. But that is what you get if you want to be near the city center.

POOR FURNISHINGS, WIFI NOT WORKING IN THE ROOMS
    • Double or Twin Room

We called the hotel in advance to check if there was on site parking available, we were confirmed yes, with no mention of the cost. We were very unhappy with how we were spoken to at the reception desk, the staff spoke to us like we were stupid. We found the excellent reviews for this hotel on booking.com did not match our experience. There were no proper curtains in the room - they used a tablecloth type material instead of a fabric which could block even half the light coming into the room. The quality of furnishings in the room was very cheap. The wifi did not work in the room at all, and not on any device - there were not enough "bars" of wifi to allow connection - so it was not an issue with our devices. We could only use the wifi in the reception, but there is no comfortable area to sit there to use it. They told us guests with iphone or Samsung frequently have problems connecting to their internet - wouldn't that be half the population?

The location was excellent and the breakfast was excellent too. This hotel is fine if you can get a cheap rate, otherwise you will be very disappointed with the quality of the room furnishings (very substandard) and the wifi is unrealiable in the rooms, despite bringing it to the managers attention and asking them to fix it.

Great for the Old Town

Outside noise prevented opening the window all night - but it is Prague and the youngsters were having a good time, or so I heard!

Great central location. Well maintained and very stylish.

This was our second stay at the Hotel.
    • Suite

An English stag party arrived on our second night and I said to my wife this will be trouble. They were waking us up drunk at six in the morning banging on the door. They treated the holiday like their home with windows and curtains open shouting and swearing. I complained at checkout and was told they are not their normal guest and they had been a nightmare. No offer of compensation for a ruined honeymoon.

This was our second stay at the Hotel. We were on Honeymoon and had asked for the same room as our previous stay which they accommodated. The rooms are big clean and very comfortable. Its in a brilliant location with bars and restaurants all around you. The breakfast is served in a dungeon which we liked and the food was good.

Very good location. Parking at the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Due to location, hotel is divided into several "sites". Elevator is very small and reach only 2nd floor (we ware at 3rd). Breakfast is given in a very pretty basement but reachable by a very strait stairs.

Very good location, in the old town. Parking is available at the hotel. Good breakfast. The building is in an historical place and has also historical characteristics

It was a great location and the restaurant associated with the hotel was good.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very confusing trying to figure out how to get the car into the courtyard. Throngs of people were walking out and we thought it was pedestrian only -- also because there was a pylon that had to retract to gain entry and we didn't know where the intercom box was . Or that there was an intercom. Other than that, the hotel was fine.

Beer Spa inside!! Perfect location next to Old Town Square.
    • Double or Twin Room

The pillows were quite flimsy and the mattress wasn't very comfortable. I woke up the first morning with neck and shoulder pain (pillow basically provided no neck support). The rest of the trip I had pain and difficulty turning my head to the sides (never had neck pain at any other hotel from sleeping) which was definitely a negative. Pillows need upgraded (thicker and more variety).

Location and beer spa!! The hotel is a short three minute walk to the old town square. All major sites and areas are walkable from the hotel (Old Town Square, Jewish Quarter, Castle Quarter, Little Quarter, etc.). Many restaurants, bars, mini-markets, and souvenir shops nearby. The beer spa located in the hotel was a fantastic surprise and the highlight of the trip (do it!!!). Look up the beer spa reservations in advance (they may be full). The front desk was very helpful and was easy setting up a ride to/from the airport (30 euros or 750 crowns and was only about a 30 minute ride). Room was large, minibar prices were very reasonable, and wifi worked fine. Room faced inner courtyard and if A/C is on can hardly hear anything outside (noise was not an issue) Breakfast was good, offered 730-1030 near the hotel (short walk) at a restaurant underground. Highly recommend!

Great hotel but currency exchange left a bad taste in my mouth
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel stated that they offer the best EUR/CZK exchange rate in the area and the front desk staff reassured that. However, their rate was 8% higher than eXhange shop by the old town square. It's okay to offer the service but they should NOT claim that they have the best rate firmly. I felt being lied to.

Location, spaciousness, vaulted ceiling, breakfast

Hotel Metamorphis - Good location
    • Suite

Paying 1 Euro for a coffee which we make in the room is a bit of an ask.

The Hotel is excellently located close to all amenities and the Old Town Quarter.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Perfect place to stay in Old Town Prague
    • Suite

Minimal fresh fruit at breakfast, eggs were just ok.

The bed was amazing. The room (suite) was very spacious. Awesome bathroom! Expresso machine at breakfast was great. Excellent location.

Great hotel, would consider staying again next time.
    • Suite

little \ no WiFi reception in the room. The staff is eager to help however they do not know the surroundings.

Great location. Comfortable rooms. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Beautiful city. Hotel in great location to explore.
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe an onsite bar would be nice.

The staff were attentive. The location is right in the old town so close to everything. Room sizes are huge. Nice views of the laneways. Breakfast provided. Cost of accommodation quite reasonable.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Great location!
    • Double or Twin Room

The room thermostat did not work. In fact, we were told it had been intentionally turned off in all the rooms. We were there in May, however, so the temperature was not a big problem. However, it would have been nice at time to adjust the temperature a little, especially at night.

Location was excellent - within 2 blocks of the Old Town Square

Ideal location but some rooms not easily accessible
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast in dark and dingy cellar down a lot of spiral steps. whole layout of hotel most odd, we were in an annexe in an old part with a large room with a lot of beams in very bad places, you bumped into them when you tried to get in or out of bed. Room rather hot. Far too many steps for me or for someone older or less mobile

Rooms were interesting and hotel in an ideal location with parking (very limited) and so close to everything

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Would stay there again!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast room was very picturesque but only accessible by a long winding staircase. This was no problem for us but might be difficult for other people to negotiate.

Super friendly & helpful staff. The included breakfast buffet was excellent with a variation of foods and beverages. The location is very close to the main square and in walking distance to the Charles Bridge and other old town attractions and shops.

Super hotel and great location.😊
    • Double or Twin Room

My only dislike was that you had to go down thirty stone stairs to the restaurant and my husband had difficulty with this as he has poor mobility . Every other facility was fantastic and I would return and recommend your hotel to all my Family and friends. Many thanks for a lovely stay.Super

There was a great variety of food and drinks to choose from.

Perfect place for tourists
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location with very friendly staff. Very nice breakfast in Vabene restaurant in front of the hotel. Stable internet connection. If you plan to visit Prague for sight seen this is the best place to stay. Walking distance from all attractions in the old town and Charles bridge.

• Double or Twin Room

Some noise from lively bars across the street but we were so exhausted from the day we slept easily and soundly.

Great location - 2 minute walk to Old Town Square and 10 minutes to the bridge. Large room and bath - only issue was the quirky design. One side of the bed was under a gabled roof and you needed to be careful getting up especially at night for a trip to the bathroom (room 38). Staff very friendly and helpful. Parking on site for a fee. Nice breakfast included. Had dinner one night at their outside restaurant - outstanding spaghetti and wine. Excellent laundry service was provided but very expensive.

Sleepless in Prague
    • Double or Twin Room

Need double glazing, very very noisy during the night, people shouting and partying. The noise kept me awake over half the night and we did have to let the hotel staff know but unfortunately they had no other rooms available and we booked a superior room with a nice view so would not like to think what the other rooms would be like - having said that our friends were in a different part of the hotel and they could only hear a faint noise at times throughout the night.

the characteristic large rooms, comfy bed, great location to all the sightseeing you could possibly want to see just off the main square

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was a bit uncomfortable. The minibar everything is for a fee, which is a bit weird for a 4 star hotel and the price paid on the level of Prague. The coffee in the room - Nespresso - it cost 1 euro/piece.... it is a bit stupid. Also the capsules in the room were not of nespresso, they were of some other company, which I could not identify. The shower is very very small, if you are a bit taller than will be really difficult to wash your legs:-) The reception is more or less okay, but they are very rigid and lack of smile and not very helpful like in other places we've been. No enough electric sockets in the rooms... near the bed no socket, you cannot put on charge anything. It is an extension cord (floating on the floor) in the room, but in order to use it, you have to cancel the bedside lamps... they have to find a solution to accommodate guests in this world of technology. Who is a bad sleeper, than maybe should as a room which is not facing the Mala Strupartska street, because the noise in the weekends can be really nasty during the night, as in the corner with Jakubska it is a pub and the noise in the night is unbearable. We were not bothered, because we were very tired and slept really well. The TV channels are mostly German and a few Czehian ones. One english channel, so it is nothing interesting if you just want to see news before you are going out or just before sleeping you want to watch some stupidity.

The hotel is in the heart of the old city, so everything is close. The room is big and has a lot of air. The furniture is a bit old, but still in good condition. Breakfast is really good and plenty. The rooms have air condition.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

A party at your doorstep.
    • Double or Twin Room

If you want a quiet night's sleep this is not the place. There are all-night clubs close by and the street in front of the hotel had drunk groups walking by, screaming, laughing, all night long. The hotel desk clerk told us he calls the police several times a night to no avail. It was like we were trying to sleep with a party going on under our window. Also, there is no elevator - not good when you come back after walking all over town and have to climb three floors.

I recommend
    • Double or Twin Room

The location to Old Town Square was superb. We taxied after 10 pm and early Sunday am so traffic was minimal to the airport. The hotel could use extra pillows as headboard was uncomfortable to sit against, and hair conditioner for guests. Breakfast was very good with many choices in the buffet, but no lift. There was a lift to our room 26 and it was spacious. There is a bar outside so I used earplugs for sleeping with no problems. We arranged our taxi (good driver) to the airport and our hop on/off bus with the couteous hotel staff which was very convenient.

Awesome hotel for a family stay, totally recommended!

First of all the hotel is amazing, the facilities are luxuries and the pro activity of the hotel was great. Located in the center of town The room and facilities ware awesome Staff were nice and helpful The hotel is definitely something i'll remember from this trip :)

Prague with your hotel was a cherry on the cake of our European trip.
    • Double or Twin Room

If only there were pick ups & drops free of charge to the hotel from tour buses, it would have been perfect.

Sorry there were no croissants​ but the bed was excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The lift is only for up to the second floor. Not convenient for travelers with big luggages. The reception is on the side of the other hotel. It would be better if the hotel sends a reminder.

Great location! Very close to the old town square. Easy to arrive by public transportation. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

unsafe building, no wifi as promising, lying only thing good is breakfast which is actually not its

Safety: we do not live at its main building, we live at nearby building which i have to walk pass through dark street, using very old elevator which you cant use it at all if someone forget to close the elevator door lying: we stay there for 3 days without wifi at all, which is suck because its the major the criteria for us choosing place to stay, and more than that they keep lying to us everyday that it can be use tmr theyll fix it until the last we ask them again and they said the person who could fix this will come on monday (which i stay fri-sunday) not recccomend at all

breakfast is so nice but its actually not its own hotel breakfast you have to go eat at nearby restaurant which you could by it separately even you stay at others hotel

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Perfect everything and superb staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

- unstable wifi connection - uncleaned nespresso machine - no toothbrush and toothpaste

- big rooms and big bathrooms - Very large bed - Comfortable baby cot - 3 mins walks to Old Town Square which is really close just behind the square - Very nice staff - Able to store pushchair in the storage room in the lobby - Nice restaurant in front of the hotel - Toilet completed with water to wash off - can pay with euro for city tax and minibars - staff put us in first floor since we have a baby with us

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Great looking and comfortable hotel with staff problems
    • Double or Twin Room

Although part of the staff was friendly and helpful, the staff members that I mostly interacted with were unfriendly and impolite. What was especially annoying was the staffs' attitude combined with the fact that the hotel closes the main door at night for security reasons. Specifically, I was unable to exit the hotel at night because the receptionist went away from her desk for around 10 minutes and did not bother to open the door for guests. When she came back she did not even apologize. Instead, she seemed annoyed that guests are bothering her to keep opening the door. The same night the situation repeated itself 3 times when I had to wait to enter the hotel because the receptionist was repeatedly away from her desk. In sum, that behavior was simply not something you expect at a 4-star hotel. Hopefully, the hotel management will eventually review their staff and eliminate this kind of behavior, since it is really spoiling the benefits of this very nice hotel.

Excellent location (practically on the old town square), stylish, spacious and comfortable room. In general, the hotel has a fantastic, classical vibe.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

All fur coat and no knickers
    • Double or Twin Room

more accurate description of the rooms and the facilities offered. The pictures of which there are 45 show lovely rooms with spacious bathrooms. We were first shown a room that looked like one from a youth hostel (Room 26). This room is across the courtyard from the main hotel and there where youths shouting up at girls - nice, well it did look like a youth hostel. After complaining we where given a small room in the main hotel, on the third floor. Again, the room did not feature on the site but the shower is a bit bigger and the colour scheme nicer. Been very warm, we had the windows open all night and the noise from buskers, passing drunks and people dragging wheelie bins across the cobbles kept us awake most of every night. There is no mention on the website that the breakfast buffet is across the courtyard from the main hotel and at the bottom of a long steep spiral staircase. Before our trip I messaged the hotel to ask what toiletries where included. I was informed that soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner and body lotion, hair dryer and tea where provided. On arrival there was no conditioner, body lotion, shower gel and only one tea bag. After 24 hours and a lot of complaining body lotion arrived and a load of Earl Grey tea bags but no conditioner. It seems that the rooms in the main hotel are graded as 5 star but the rooms across the courtyard are graded 4 star. On Booking.com you book a 4 star room but it seems they only put photos of the 5 star rooms on the site - naughty. It also seems that the 5 star rooms get the additional toiletries. I have given this an average rating as the location is excellent, minutes away from the metro station, Old Town Square and many other attractions but I'm sure there are other hotels in the vicinity who are more honest about their facilities. Dx

The location is fabulous

Prague with friends

noisy surroundings so if you are a light sleeper better ask that the windows will be in a quiet direction, very expensive

spacious rooms, kind stuff. beautiful area, design in the rooms is very nice, nice bath tub and bathrooms

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Location good, expect noise from roudy bar in square
    • Double or Twin Room

Irish bar located on square so square facing rooms expect noise to at least 5am on weekends 2am in week, spa was completely booked before we arrived so could not use facility

Location was excellent, rooms large and clean

Next time another hotel

Our room was spacious but not cosy. Dull and old full carpet looked dirty (probably was not but the colous made it look like that..). Breakfast rather modest, no variation during the stay. Poor wifi connection.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The perfect position
    • Suite

The fridge in our room was covered in black mildew which we had to clean before we could use it!

This Hotel was in a perfect position in the center of the old town. The breakfast was very good and our room was very spacious.

Perfect for rest
    • Double or Twin Room

Do not forget that in the center of Prague (where hotel is located) is a bit noisy. Music is playing outside at night.

Very good location, big room, delicious breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Overall satisfied!!

There is no lift and the wifi connection was sometimes weak.

Great place to travel Prague, all the staffs were so kind and helpful! And the room and the bathroom was in good condition.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

okay
    • Double or Twin Room

the hotel is in an old courtyard, facility quite old, our room's window is facing the corridor... most staff were helpful

location very good, central but quiet

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Perfect location to explore Prague
    • Double or Twin Room

We had to cross a courtyard to the breakfast room which meant coats & hats, - this might not suit some people but it wasn't a problem for us.

Room very spacious, warm, comfy, & tastefully furnished. Location perfect for exploring Prague by foot. Great Czech restaurant 'Pivince' round the corner. Bars, restaurants all near by.

Browse Hotel Metamorphis traveller photo gallery