Reviews of Best Western Plus Hotel Meteor Plaza 4 stars

Hybernská 6, Prague, 11000, Czech Republic

#279 of 612 hotels in Prague

Great location for centre (old square 5-10 min walk). A clean and comfortable room at back of hotel that was very quiet, and housekeeping good. A good variety at breakfast. Would stay again.

• Double or Twin Room

Well the Bathroom is new the water pressure is not the greatest. The Furniture is older but very comfortable. The Bar closed a little early one of the nights I stayed there. The second night it was open a lot later. There is a lot of street noise if you have the windows open but its fine if you close them.

Rock Solid Staff - Great position if you want down town and want to do inter city things. A small market is across the street and open very late if need something. They have parking also at the site.

• Double or Twin Room

The carpet in the room was a bit stained.

Very good breakfast. Big choise and spacy breakfast area. Really comfortable bed. Stylish room. Friendly and helpful staff. Location is good enough to go to the downtown on foot.

Anyone with disabilities might find the stairs difficult. Rooms were a little small and didn’t have drawers to unpack into

Excellent location-near Old Town without the noise of being in the heart of it. Walkable to almost any part of town.

• Double or Twin Room

One thing is that the building has too many paths and complex. My family including many old people had a hard time carryijg luggages up and down. Its really bad. Why would this hotel come up with such inconveniences to guests?

• Double or Twin Room

they have charged my credit card 1 month before my reservation date even the the deal was one day before. So basically charged the money against the rules.

• Double or Twin Room

Lack of smiling on the faces of the employees ! There are exceptions, of course, but it would be nice to see happy faces even in case that they will tell you something unpleasant ! The water of the shower has not enough pressure to clean a big guy :).

Location, large rooms, breakfast, bar service

I was allocated a single room - very small but adequate, but if you happen to be very tall, as I am, forget getting a good nights sleep! The bed was wedged between walls and I suspect it was only a standard single. I therefore had to sleep diagonally to achieve any level of comfort. If you have a car make sure you book a space in their car park. None were available when I arrived so had to park on the street for two days - expensive and not very secure.

Location excellent - easy access to Old Town etc

Nothing spectacular.

It was an average room all around. Nothing special, but nothing really wrong either. Great location. Average room, average breakfast service, average employees.

• Double or Twin Room

We had no information that the Spa is closed for renovation- in fact, we booked the hotel as we were looking forward to the lovely Spa from pictures. So, it was a great disappointment upon arrival. Also, we booked a room with a double bed, but got two separate beds. When we kindly asked to change the room, we merely had to fight for 40 minutes until the hotel manager agreed to give us another room. We even tried to cancel the booking but since we would have been charged never the less, so we stayed. However, later we were offered a bottle of champagne as an apology. I still don‘t quite get why the situation was so difficult to solve, since at the end there was a free room to offer. It was simply not a service worth a 4-stat hotel. Afterwards the staff was exceptionally friendly, so I believe we simply had bad luck this time.

Breakfast was really nice, also the style of the rooms.

• Double or Twin Room

We got attic, small room with only one small window located almost at ceiling with backyard view. We also assess reception workers as highly assertive.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing much really. All of it was pretty great.

The breakfast was delicious and included. Staff was great and location was perfect. Near the train station but still close to things to see. Room was pristine and welcoming.

It was difficult at times to find an open table at breakfast. There were no top sheet on the beds, which I've come to know as typical in European hotels.

Super easy Check-In/Out, breakfast was always delicious, room was spacious and offered the necessary amenities. Great location in the city.

• Double or Twin Room

- unlogical layout of the breakfast (e.g. muesli is on the different place than yogurt, hidden drinks -cold drinks at the different place than the hot one, two different places for pastry etc.), but it was more or less OK

- perfect location (in the middle of city centre) - good Wi-Fi connection

Not much

Awesome location for short stays 2nights and 3 days!!! We stayed two nights we arrived into prague early at 8am got to the hotel at around 12noon as we took our time by catching public transport and hotel is a short 5-7 min walk. Hotel let us checkin early. Hotel is soooo central to what you need, powder tower, old town etc. Hotel is clean and comfortable as well!! Really awesome breakfast as well. Would recommend. And bonus they let us store our luggagw after checkout ! Thanks

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast buffet were so rich and everything was very delicious. Freshly brewed filter coffee was very good. The location was perfect. Considering the price and the location, if I will visit lovely Prague again, definitely I would stay at this Hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast quality was poor, we ate at around 9am and the food was cold and over held. We ate there once and didnt want to return, however we'd paid for it so we visited the restaurant for breakfast on our second day to arrive to the same poor quality. We never returned for our final day.

The location was really good, we requested extra pillows and within minutes they arrived. The staff were lovely

• Double or Twin Room

The price from Hotel website versus Bookings was cheaper, I always check before booking and forgot this time I was thinking of staying and extra night and found out and it was a difference of over €20 so that I didn’t liked. (not on the Hotel but from Bookings)

I loved the location of the Hotel, is about 12 min walk from Vienna Main Station 10 minute walk to Old Town Square and the infamous Astrological Clock And a good 20 minute walk to Charles Bridge The bed was super comfy and I got view to the Main Street so that was a plus The breakfast is great with many options I really liked it and it was delicious.

• Double or Twin Room

The Hotel is old and needs renovation. Staff could be nicer.

Location is very good and the breakfast was very decent and complete. Fairly good quality for the price.

• Double or Twin Room

Labyrinth of the halls where rooms are spread around the hotel, rooms need some renovation, some fungus in shower cabin, safe is too small, you can feet only wallet in the safe, main elevator was not working, renovations of rooms on 2nd floor in progress.

Perfect location in the city centre.

• Double or Twin Room

Wifi is hit and miss, when working it can be fairly slow. Some rooms will require you to hand carry your own luggage even with the elevator due to the hotel floor plan design. My room required me to carry 2 times up the stairs.

Good selection of breakfast, wasn't expecting this quality with the amount paid.

Nothing not to like.

Friendly, clean, comfortable, good wifi, lovely breakfasts, excellent location. perfect place to stay to see the sights. Very reasonable on the wallet.

• Double or Twin Room

The elevator was stop working in the day I checked in. And I got the room at the end of the building whick took like 5mins to get there. In the end they gave me another room after request. It would be better if they gave us before I request in that kind of situation.

Cozy room. Kind staffs.

• Double or Twin Room

The restaurant was closed for renovation which I was not told about as far as I can remember , not ideal after a 5 hr delayed flight. The lifts broke down mid stay and there was a flight of stairs to get to our room.

The location was excellent , quiet, the breakfast was good and the room was comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Odd shaped bedroom, which was rather dark and gloomy. Poor internet. Breakfast was consistently bad. Everything that should have been warm was cold.

Good sized bathroom, comfortable bed. Great location for the Old Town.

• Double or Twin Room

Location is perfect to explore the city, walking distance to all sites. Room was nicely decorated, quiet, clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast really good. Staff is nice and friendly. Brewery, shops, restaurants almost around the corner. I will definitely stay here again.

The staff is can't smile. The kitchen staff special are borderline rude.

The property is clean and in an amazing location. The beds were comfortable and we had pleasant sleep. The sound and light insulation on the window were great.

• Double or Twin Room

The front desk was not friendly upon check-in, the elevator was so tiny that my husband and I could barely fit in it together with our bags, the hotel and rooms are extremely outdated and there was an old, musty odor, the maid service was extremely rude.

The cleanliness of the bathroom was very good.

The charged me 111€ before we got there and we still had to pay full room charge and then they refunded the money. This was not stated any where on booking.com, it said no deposit is required u just pay full price when u get there.

• Double or Twin Room

Impolite staff had a negative and untrusting attitude to me. Tried to get from me more money then the booking told me.

Place is good. WiFi speed was fine too.

• Double or Twin Room

Coffee machine by breakfast was out of order. What a pity :(

Great location, nice and helpful staff. Very nice breakfast. Own parking place is also a big advantage.

Overall the breakfast was good, BUT: - we have seen a pink object in the scrambled eggs. We hope that it is not meat (as we do not eat meat). - Tomatoes and cucumbers were not fresh. - There was a long hair in the tea kettle.

Friendly staff, the location of the hotel, staff were eager to help.

• Double or Twin Room

Some parts of breakfast could be more fresh, especially salami and spreads.

Overall the accommodation corresponded with the price. We had a nice 3 nights there. This place is definitely for someone who is planning to enjoy all Prague offers instead of staying in the hotel all the time.

• Double or Twin Room

didnt like the fact that you had to pay extra to use the spa facilites.

super comfy beds and pillows. In a great location, easy to walk to all points of interest

• Double or Twin Room

The reception porter who took our bags to the room, then waited for a tip. I usually carry my own bag to my room and stated at the time. Then due to the room change I had to move my bags my self anyway.

Good varied selection at breakfast. Reception staff very good, changed our room on arrival as we had been allocated a smoking room. We are non-smokers

The coffee could be much better!

One of the best locations in Prague and most rooms are at the backside of the hotel which is very quiet though in the center of the city. Good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Although we can't complain about daily/surface cleaning, which was excellent, and the housekeepers very polite and professional, the room could use deep cleaning once awhile - vacuuming/cleaning the corners, behind chairs/bed, valences, closet etc. We work in hospitality industry and see everything. Tiny safe, doesn't fit kindle/IPad or anything bigger than your passport case. Breakfast is decent, but needs better description signs for foreigners who are not familiar with Czech food and tastes. Hotel restaurant was closed for most of our stay, which was a shame considering it was the busiest time of the year. Laundry would not be done during Holidays and Saturdays. Obviously the hotel was short of staff/service during Holidays. Why? Understand it is just Best Western, but considering its price & location it should be better.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Room/bathroom size is good. Nice Xmas decoration, spirit and over all good mood. Location is excellent, many good restaurants around, taxi stand, cinema, shopping mall, historical sites, metro (subway), train station, trams... convenient store (water, snacks, drinks...) cross the street open until 2am!, safe area!

Upstair areas, including rooms, are due for refurbishment.

Breakfast was great. Staff were good but would prefer a better understanding of English. Location was good. Bar facilities & service was good. Rooms were good. Restaurant was excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit of a first come best served, with staff concerned more about cleaning away used plates rather than replenishing the buffet selections.

The bed was very comfy and the heating kept the room at the perfect temperature.

• Double or Twin Room

The pillow covers weren't as clean as we would prefer. And very lumpy.

Really fantastic location. The staff was very helpful and nice. The breakfast was good and generous. I would probably look for a room here again when I return to Prague.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast staff service can be more professional and friendly! No slipper in room

Very efficient and helpful when lost Ipad in hotel lobby, FD staff active contact me and send driver to delever it to airport! Great job!

We travelled to Prag in mid-December, in a very cold season. The room was not warm enough at first, but there was an extra electrical heater provided in the room and it helped warm up the small single room. The single bed in the single room was a little small, and not the most comfortable.

The location was perfect. The bathroom and the sheets were very clean. The staff were were very friendly and helpful. The room was basic but satisfactory.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff could have been friendlier, otherwise it was a good hotel.

Excellent location, great breakfast and nice room. Short walk from station and to old town.

• Double or Twin Room

Only there was a strange noise around breakfast time,sounds some generation or like drilling,we was in sleep,but you can feel there was a moment when it's was something switching in and off and vibrating.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.Clean,very warm,room was clean,bed was very nicely made.Bathroom was clean with nicely folded towels.Room Attended was very friendly.Breakfast was excellent,such a big choice,the breakfast girls look very well dressed and tidy.Working in England you don't see restaurant and pub staff with nice and clean uniforms.The taxi to airport was excellent,very professional.The hotel is just behind Old Town square.We went for a Christmas market,love the sights in a Prague.Room 220.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Location was excellent Quick efficient check in Comfortable airy room ...just at the right temperature Tea/coffee making facilities Plenty of toiletries for a short stay Beautiful good sized fluffy white towels Excellent choices for breakfast ...catered for everyone Good sized breakfast dining area Friendly helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

Maid service was a little odd. Towels were replaced but they never made our bed and items like coffee may or may not be replendished ....also did not provide shampoo or conditioner.

The location was great

As above

Very friendly snd efficient staff. Good breakfast. Quiet rooms. Shower fitting in our room defective. Despite attended to immediately, it was still malfunctioning. But that’ the only complaint.

• Double or Twin Room

The last morning the coffee machines won't working and the fruit juices were no frit but just water with colour

The whole experience with the hotel was lovely, the staff were very friendly

• Double or Twin Room

The décor needs updating in the corridors its really dated and looks a dark and dingy. The food was just OK nothing special really. The food could have been a bit more adventurous also and they need to sort the Scrambled eggs out they were almost raw and runny! Both coffee machines broke while we were there also and when only one was working the queue was slow and long to get a coffee meaning your food got cold. Also more English TV stations could be available - it seems that the only thing you can watch whilst in Europe is BBC News or Sky News. Also if you want to use the pool or gym facilities you have to pay £10 per day to use for an hour or so which I have never come across in a hotel before.

Location is idea it is very central.

Very dated rooms! Restaurant staff very miserable, took your plate away before you finished eating, never asked if you were finished. Good breakfast but I didn't always replenish foods when they ran out (ask if there was anymore bread and fruit, and waitress just shrugged and walked away)

Close to the centre! Spacious accommodation ! Beds were comfy! Reception staff helpful and friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Sauna and whirlpool isnt included which it should be. There is a huge variety for breakfast but the bacon/sausage/egg could have been of better quality.

Excellent location, friendly staff, very clean and comfortable room. I would recommend this hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Extremely helpful staff and Reservation Manager provided me and my colleagues with perfect services and all needed for our company meeting held in the hotel Thanks once again for your great services Excellent location and very good breakfast and food at all… warmly recommending this hotel

• Double or Twin Room

The only real drawback to this hotel is parking. There were only about 6 or 7 parking spaces and the hotel did not take reservations for these few parking spaces. The cost for parking at this hotel was 26 Euros per night. We stayed 4 nights which cost us 104 Euros EXTRA on top of the cost of our hotel stay. We could have stayed at a higher end hotel - with free parking for what we paid here for hotel and parking.

Our room was very nice and comfortable. House cleaning staff had our room made up to perfection every day - even on days we left late. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and the quality of the food - both hot and cold items were great. The wait staff removed used plates as soon as you were finished. The dinning room was bright and very clean and neat. This hotel is in an excellent location and an easy walk to almost every thing including the Charles Bridge. We would stay here again.

A bit of extra decorations on the walls in the hallways would be nice. They really look very alike (like an old shoot-em-up PC game). I went into the wrong direction twice, which normally never happens to me. There was a constant "tone" in my room; like an airco. I could not retrace the source. It was not that loud or disturbing, but still a bit odd.

The room had a very nice atmosphere and looked old, but not worn (so only in a positive cosmetic sense). The prices of the minibar were affordable (restaurant prices) and the bed was very nice. I also like the view of the courtyard with a decorated x-mas tree. Very fast free Wifi!

• Double or Twin Room

A bit of dust in the room. The sink tap was leaking.

The breakfast is great and tasty, but unfortunately there's no porridge and the omelette wasn't tasty. The location is perfect. The hotel is located in a quiet place.

• Double or Twin Room

Arogant staff at the reception. Very tiny rooms. Comfort of the mattresses (did not get used to them after two week - too soft and definitely not appropriate for a Hotel)

Unable to sleep because of noisy music and singing from the nextdoor building. Staff said they could not find anything wrong. Good idea not to use that room 310 until further investigation .

Good breakfast plenty to choose from

• Double or Twin Room

The only thing I disliked was the warm water - need to let it run for about 5 mins before warm water arrives (4th floor).

The cleanliness on the room was just great, room equipment and style - really good.

There was no hot water during my 2-day stay. They could have transfered their guests to another hotel, because taking a shower with cold water isn't that pleasant in November. A 4-star hotel should at least compensate its guests for such an experience.

Staff was friendly at checkin, but later we noticed that the room door lock was not working. After informing hotel staff about this they start accusing us of breaking the door lock, despite it being very clear that te lock was already broken. Despite the air conditioning in the room it was very difficult to arrange a proper room temperature. Air conditioning was very noisy and temperature was constantly changing. After taking shower, bathroom is flooded.

Centrally located in the City Center in a quiet street. All city attractions can easily be reached by walking. Public transportation around the corner. Minifridge available in the room. Free breakfast included with plenty of choice. Triple room is big enough to accommodate 3 adults comfortably.

• Double or Twin Room

Despite the good location - the hotel is not exciting - very normal in fact so no great feeling about it. Fruit juices at breakfast were too diluted and very artificial. Booking.com gave me a price in Euros when I booked but hotel charge on Local currency and their Euro conversion rate was not favourable at all so we ended up paying more (in Euros) for the hotel.

Hotel is situated in a very good location - just next to Powder Gate in the Old Town. We liked the breakfast - there was a good selection of hots and colds with very fresh croissants. Wi-fi in room was good - we connected without any problems. Staff were pleasant and very helpful to arrange our taxi back to the airport.

• Double or Twin Room

City center is so congested that once the car was parked, you don't dare try to take it out for a day trip in the area. If I had it to do over, I would skip the car and travel by train.

On-site restaurant was excellent. Underground parking was secure.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast choice could have been much better. Fried eggs were congealed and cold, and other hot food not good. But cold choice was much better. Tables very close together.

Very convenient for sightseeing in Prague and short walk to metro station and to the central square . Well run hotel. Very helpful reception staff who translated for us.

The Hotel actually charged me twice for my stay. I paid for my stay with the credit card. Despite of this the Hotel did not release the pre-autorisation blockage from my credit card. Thus I paid twice. Although I called the Hotel and wrote some emails, nobody responded to my complaint. The Hotel ignores me completely.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit smaller than I expected.

The staff were excellent. Everything I needed they helped with, which is not always common in Prague. The location is excellent. Steps away from Obechni Dum, and a very short walk to Old Town Square.

• Double or Twin Room

the hosts weren't so friendly, the breakfast wad weired for some reason none of the hotel employees use the lift and they carried our suitcases and cleaning aid by stairs.

yet the location was awsome, less than 1 minute walk from the city center's main square. the room is big and clean easy to get there.

• Double or Twin Room

I would rate the Breakfast spread overall has being excellent. Everything was we had was very fresh and tasty. We found the room to be comfortable but a little on the small size but kind of expected. We like the fact the hotel was located in the old part of the City of Prague which make it easier to walk to various attractions and restaurants. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel.

The juices for the breakfast taste weird (would prefer fresh juices), and price for the room is not really cheap.

Staffs are professional, service is good, room is spacious, and breakfast is very sumptuous.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel bar was poor it was like sitting in the corridor !! Dated, unwelcoming, unused.

Staff are very courteous it was very clean, Room adequate, breakfast buffet was everything you could ask for unless you wanted personal service as it was all help yourself including teas / coffees

• Double or Twin Room

I had booked a twin room but my friend wasn't able to travel due to illness. I informed Booking.com as soon as I was aware and was reminded that I had made a nonrefundable booking. However, I think there should be some flexibility in genuine cases of cancellation due to illness or unforeseen circumstances. Having to pay a double rate made my stay in Best Western very exoensive for me and the inflexibity would put me off staying there again.

comfort and centrality

• Double or Twin Room

The shower unit was very basic and to compound the problem the water was not very warm. I complained on day 2 and the problem was resolved by day 3. The sink plug mechinism was faulty and would not always allow you to drain the dirty water away. This problem was addressed promptly.

Quiet location Pillows duvet good Helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

Most everything else. Very little shower had only cool water to bath in. Spray of shower was minimum. Breakfast was very poor. Hotel staff except for llama were rude and not helpful. Asked three times for someone to check water temperature and no one did

Klamath the front desk receptions

Very rude front office manager Andrew. I asked to change my room because it was too small he insisted i could not upgrade even though i pay for it. He made my stay very unpleasant. He should try to accomodate customers once in a while especially if they are pre paid !!! Pity

Central

I booked the parking place in advance and when I arrived it was not sure that I have it. At the reception it turned out they are not able to guarantee the parking place in advance. It was not mentioned anywhere on booking.com

Comfortable hotel with excellent location. The car is not needed if you want to walk in the old city. Everything is so close to the hotel. The staff is very helpful. The breakfast is excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

Not much to fault. If I had to pick something it would be the baked beans on the breakfast not looking very appetising. Also a later checkout would have been better although they did provide a luggage room.

Location is fabulous. Right at a crossroads for the old square and wenceslas square and not too far from the river and old town. Lively market with street food and drink through an alley opposite the hotel and on the doorstep of huge shopping mall, the palladium.

Browse Best Western Plus Hotel Meteor Plaza traveller photo gallery