Reviews of Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square 3 stars

Katerinska 36, Prague, 120 00, Czech Republic

#486 of 612 hotels in Prague

I try to always stay at the IBIS hotel - in different cities.
    • Room with 1 double bed

IBIS - Prague I.P. Pavlova is a bad experience for me: there is no drinking water in the room; only two towels a day, one of the towels - ragged. Air conditioning does not regulate the temperature, very cold - and so for three days: (

I try to always stay at the IBIS hotel - in different cities. IBIS is a good price-quality ratio.

Disappointing for Ibis standard
    • Room with 1 double bed

The cleanliness of the room was questionable, I would expect higher standard for an Ibis hotel. The towels were insufficient in number and one was permanently stained...not really nice approach. The breakfast definitely disappointing, not so good quality and with poor variety of choices.

The location is very good. The city center is at walking distance and the district is nice. The staff is also good and friendly. The parking place is also practical. The bed was confortable and the room quiet.

Great to get around the city, nice place overall
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

The hotel is located really close from the city center so it's perfect for sightseeing or going out after a long day at work. The place is comfortable, the room is clean and there are two individual beds put together, so you can sleep comfortably.

They allowed us to check-in earlier.
    • Room with 1 double bed

The room is small, in bathroom are only 2 bath towels, no hand towels. It’s noisy you can here what people in the other room talk. The window can be open only 10 cm “to avoid accidents” they explained. How to stay in a room without open the window to get fresh air???? The worst thing is the room is very cold, you can’t control the air conditioning from your room even if you try to stop it from the on/of button on the wall, nothing changes cold air is still coming in the room day and night, all the time through two holes in the ceiling. We changed room.. same thing. You can’t take a shower and stay in that temperature..it’s like in supermarket at the meat section. They explained the whole building is like that and removed the thing who blocked the window saying “the air conditioning can’t be stopped but if you open the window maybe some warm air comes inside” .. I wound’t recommand this place to nobody.

They allowed us to check-in earlier. The location is close to Wenceslas Square - 10 minutes walking.

Good Location
    • Room with 1 double bed

I stopped at the desk to check out the night before on Jun 19. When I made the reservation The agreement was that I would pay at the hotel when I checked out My credit card was charged on May 22 with No Notice nor did I get a receipt not at the hotel or email. I had plan to use my debit card at the hotel I had just used the credit card to make the reservation. When I turned the key in at the desk the next morning not one word was spoken to me by the hotel clerk! Next time I will use Novetel I work for American Airline the crew stays with them all over the world & the offer our employees discount

The day I checked in the personal were friendly & helpful

Good location to explore Praha
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

Breakfast was nothing special for the price. But you can sit outside (nice in summer).

Very good location 2 minutes to Metro and Tram. A mini supermarket just around the corner.

Unsatisfied with the hotel room service and staff. We had no privacy.
    • Room with 1 double bed

rooms were smelling .. the hotel staff entered by key when we were in room twice without even knocking. carpets were wet. they had no bathroom kits.. totally hopeless hotel service staff rooms.Very very upset and sad that we chose it.

location was decent but not great like other hotels we stayed in after this.

Perfect
    • Room with 1 double bed

Would have like a non news channel in one of hte following langauges English French Spanish did not seem possible to change languages on Tv

Comfy bed very bright clean and well designed spaces. Good breakfast.

I could stay again based on cost and location.
    • Room with 1 double bed

Cleanliness could be better quality for such hotel chain.

Breakfast better than Ibis average. Well located, walking distance from old town, tram and metro stops 1 block far. Small markets in the surroundings.

To small room for being there long time. Bathroom even though clean , was very tiny.
    • Room with 1 double bed

Parking 22 euro per night is quite a lot especially when you stay more than one night. Breakfast could be better for its price, also too expensive. Room a little bit to small, not to mention bathroom. In general hotel and room ok but to expensive as for its condition. But I decided to take it so I shouldn’t complain

Good localisation, close to the main center of Prague

Beautiful city to visit
    • Room with 1 double bed

Front of house staff were miserable, not at all friendly or welcoming. The location was not as central as I thought, a good half hour walk into the main area.

The rooms were clean and spacious, comfy bed and roomy bathroom. Free wifi with good connection.

Excellent and would recommend it to anyone!
    • Room with 1 double bed

The shower drain was blocked, so for the first night the water didn't go down the drain and would flood. This was resolved the next day after we told reception about it. The shower itself was a bit weak as well, we enjoy more powerful showers.

The free WiFi worked perfectly, so we were very pleased with that. We could watch movies on netflix in the room. I also stayed during my birthday and the hotel surprised us with a bottle of red wine which we really appreciated. The bed was very comfy and we slept very well. The room was quite warm which we loved after a long day in the cold and snow, if it got too warm we could even adjust the temperature ourselves which was excellent.

Excelent city, good hotel.
    • Room with 1 double bed

The breakfast area was not so good..but just for the first day...because it entered in reconstruction..but we ate at Novotel which was near it so after all the breakfast was much better. I know that Ibis Hotels's rooms are small but this one is the smallest I have stayed.

Very close to the shopping area...next to metro and also tram. Internet access is very good. Cosy and clean room. I like it a lot. I always choose Ibis because of quality/price.

A good holiday but the hotel is misleading by saying it's on Wenclas square. It's a good 10 min wal
    • Room with 1 double bed

We asked for a nice view or room as it was my husband's 50th. No attempt was made to make it special in fact the room was tatty. Thread bare towels. Stained carpet and no view except into other bedrooms of the ibis.

Comfy bed

Great Location for the tourist
    • Room with 1 double bed

If I had to choose one thing it would be the bathroom towels were rather thin, other than the ste staff, the breakfast and the hotel in general were lovely.

Great Location with many restaurants, bakeries and coffee shops within a 15 minute walk radius. A 15 minute walk down the hill towards the train station to main Wenceles Square where there are a selection of eateries and shops. Marks & Spencers along with optometrist and many shopping opportunities. Do yourself a favour and take a nighttime walking tour it is very interesting to learn the history of these amazing architectural buildings.

Czech out Ibis !
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

There was no refrigerator in the room we had which made keeping the kids milk cold a problem but we worked around that.

The location was perfect walking distance to both squares. Ibis staff was very helpful and made our stay perfect.

Clean, quiet, with reasonably comfortable beds.
    • Room with 1 double bed

No safe in the rooms - this should be almost standard these days. Nothing terrible about this hotel. Bathrooms could be better presented - towels are old, soap and other "amenities" in short supply.

Clean, quiet, with reasonably comfortable beds. This is a standard IBIS - the same everywhere, so it's nothing special but it's not bad. The location is nice - you can easily walk to Wenceslas square from here, or get the metro or tram (200 metres from hotel) which takes you right down to the square or old town. There's a nice buzz close to the hotel with cafes and restaurants just up the road past the tram stop.

Location is very good
    • Room with 1 double bed

Rooms couild have been checked before Bathroom light were not working Air heater was not functional All i have to call and sort out Afterwards it became comfortable

Excellent place to stay :)
    • Room with 1 double bed

I can recommend Ibis although a bit far from Praque Square Plaza but it is a quite place and we were treated well with the whole staff from reception to restaurant and they are very helpful to our needs and provided us all the information's that we need during our travel.

It was a good stay and we feel like we are at home :)
    • Room with 1 double bed

Excellent service the staff are nice a bit far from Prague square but it was okey since we were treated well and attended to our needs. Thank you so much Praha Hotel Staff :)

A nice place
    • Room with 1 double bed

The room was a bit small and the bathroom had an unpleasant smell coming from the shower drain.

The hotel has a good location, near metro and tram stations and there are a few good restaurants nearby. The bed was very comfortable. Helpful staff.

Fairly comfortable stay, would like to stay there again.
    • Room with 1 double bed

The size of the room and bath rooms and there is hardly any view from the rooms

The rooms and bath room though bit small but fairly comfortable. The bed, pillows and mattress was comfortable. The location was quite central, one can walk to old city within about 15-20 minutes. There were number of eating places and a super market nearby. A Farmers market was also at about 5-7 minutes walking distance where one can get fresh fruit, eats etc.

Loved the bottle of champagne awaiting us in our room for...
    • Room with 1 double bed

Loved the bottle of champagne awaiting us in our room for our honeymoon. Also the reception staff were very helpful in confirming transfers. Room was neat and tidy made for a pleasant stay.

Good location for a short stay.
    • Room with 1 double bed

Breakfast was certainly not worth anything like the $12/11 euros charged. Unfortunately there was a problem with our booking - hopefully it was an isolated case. We booked this hotel in Dec. 2016 and prepaid so was concerned to receive, just 5 days before our visit, an e-mail supposedly from Booking.com stating "Your credit card was declined" .... " To guarantee your stay update your credit card within the next 24 hours" and provided a box to update my credit card. I first contacted my bank who confirmed payment was made on 27/12/16 and then the oft (in case it was a phishing scam) who advised me not to respond. Having so far only received an auto-reply to my e-mail to Booking.com I tried to phone Ibis U.K. but the number on the website is no longer in service. I then phoned Booking .com where a very helpful agent (Ismail) then phoned Prague directly to confirm that our booking was pre-paid and secure. There was no explanation for the problem or apology from Ibis reservations. Altogether a most stressful and unnecessary waste of 2 hours of my time.

Good location in a quiet side street only 2-3 mins walk to Wenceslas Sq. And Metro & tram stops at I.P. Pavlova. Approx 15 mins easy walking from Prague main station if you only have hand luggage. Lots of local restaurants. Plenty (3) elevators so no waiting for one at busy times.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Nice Location, Basic Tourist Hotel, I Expect More from IBIS
    • Room with 1 double bed

Not a business hotel - full of screaming High School Teenies and the rooms are basic at best. Shower not clean and moldy, loud bathroom fan that runs all night and unpleasant odor in bathroom.

Kind staff. Clean rooms.
    • Room with 1 double bed

There was a lot of noise. The corridor is shared for many room so you could hear guest come and go. Rooms were too small. No minibar/cafe in the room.

There was a 24 hour coffee shop right at the reception. Very clean. Kind staff. There is a payed option to gym and pool nearby.

The location is very close to a metro station.
    • Room with 1 double bed

The main issue was the air conditioning was out most of the time and the room was quite stuffy. The window could only be opened a crack. They do not provide hand towels, and did not replenish the plastic cups unless requested. It was about a 20 minute walk to the main old town area and other key tourist attractions, with the return uphill. The breakfast was not bad but a little pricey for the quality, especially if you didn't add it on when you checked in.

The location is very close to a metro station. The bed was comfortable, shower adequate.

The computers/PCs in the foyer/office area were...
    • Room with 1 double bed

The computers/PCs in the foyer/office area were impossible to use because you have to revert back to the Ibis front page everytime you tried to browse another web-site. Something that should have taken me 2 min to complete took nearly 15min!

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Very close to metro and many mini shops, walking distance to...
    • Room with 1 double bed

Shower water pressure too small. No bottle water and fridge.

Very close to metro and many mini shops, walking distance to Wenceslas square. Nice bed.

The hotel can help you to call a taxi

The price is too high, not reasonable consider the location, breakfast, room size and so on. No fridge in the room.

The hotel can help you to call a taxi

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

My Prague Experience
    • Room with 1 double bed

Room didn't even have a kettle for hot drinking water which is a basic necessity in that weather. Every time I needed it, I had to go down to the reception.

Location was very convenient to reach buses and trams.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Very enjoyable!
    • Room with 1 double bed

I was expecting it to be in Wenceslas Square (from its name) but it was about 10 minutes' walk away. However, that wasn't really a problem, just a little misleading!

It was quiet, clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

The hotel is located close to the city center, 10 minutes...
    • Room with 1 double bed

We received only one big towel per person, not 2. The parking is extremely expensive..20 € / 24 hours.

The hotel is located close to the city center, 10 minutes walking and also very close to tram station, where you can take a tram to the city. The room was clean, a little small but comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Nice location, very close to the city center and to the...
    • Room with 1 double bed

Didn't get the room I booked (different type of bed). More importantly, the heating was very low for the time of year I stayed at the hotel and the room was quite cold.

Nice location, very close to the city center and to the metro station.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Very convenient for metro - large buffet breakfast
    • Room with 1 double bed

They no longer have baked beans available at breakfast :-( Room was too cold in October

Beds are very comfortable. I had a top floor room with skylight with good blind to keep light out.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The young lady, maybe asst manager, was excellent.
    • Room with 1 double bed

The young lady, maybe asst manager, was excellent. She was very helpful to me and I observed her communicating with other guests and she was excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

A lot of room for improvement.
    • Room with 1 double bed

The wifi is really annoying as you have to reconnect every single time you open your phone. Which means you can get notifications when your phone is locked, or the screen is off. The drains in the shower smell terrible. And it was not just in our room. Another room on a different floor was exactly the same. The whole room and anything in the shower all start to smell after a short while. Some of the staff were not very friendly. We reserved a double bed, but were given two single beds just pushed together which is not the same thing. €20 a day for parking, on top of the room price made this very expensive for a generally negative hotel experience.

The location is okay if you don't mind walking a bit to get into town.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Ibis as usual;keeps its standarts
    • Room with 1 double bed

Number of towels are not adaquate. Just two for two people? Bath should not be just a room with shower, sink, no shower cabin or curtain. Almost no space for clothes, so little wardrope.

Location,daily changed sheets.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Excellent staff, perfect location, great value
    • Room with 1 double bed

The front lobby was often overcrowded to the point where I was unable to move through and board the elevator up to my room.

Excellent staff, especially the front desk.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Position (very close to I.
    • Room with 1 double bed

Staff: some of them (not all) very unpleasant, "upset" to receive complaints about the room not made up and cleaned at all (at 4 pm). Always long queues at the reception desk.

Position (very close to I.P.Pavlova underground station and not far from downtown). Breakfast (apart from fruit, nearly missing, and, as usual abroad, coffee & cappuccino far from just colored water...).

Minimal, Clean and Quite
    • Room with 1 double bed

Sausage in breakfast need to be improved

Minimal, Clean and Quite

A very clean and comfortable room close to bus, tram and undergroumd
    • Room with 1 double bed

Large comfy bed, spotlessly clean, room tended to every day. Even had a bottle of champagne left in the room for my partners birthday. Very impressed

Location only

Is no clean

Location only

Staff was really nice.
    • Room with 1 double bed

Staff was really nice. Location is good, metro really close. A 15 minutes walk to Venceslass Square

nice and kind helpfull staffs..clean
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

not enough place to find good food around

close to metro

Room cold

Cold room.

Heating in the room Poor.

Very good service mind especially reception.
    • Room with 1 double bed

No trash bin in the bedroom

Very good service mind especially reception. Very fast for check-in and check out. Best location..

Good-value stay

Friendly staff and comfortable

Good hotel for good price for 3 days in Prague

Kitchen and burgers

Good service and good room

Good place walk distance

Good place walk distance

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Small room

• Room with 1 double bed

Heating in room was not working and it was November so pretty cold outside :(

Great location Great stuff Rooms are good :)

excellent second choice for us
    • Room with 1 double bed

The hotel was only a short tram ride into the main town.

generally good
    • Room with 1 double bed

small room no bridge in the room

Location was perfect, rooms were spacious and comfortable!
    • Room with 1 double bed

Location was perfect, rooms were spacious and comfortable! Staff were lovely and helpful regards where to go.

Comfortable stay but further from Old Town center
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

Misled by name of hotel, location not on Wenceslas Square, further from center than what we liked

Friendly and helpful staff Clean room

Quite okay

Wifi Bathroom

The wellness isn't in the hotel.
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

The wellness isn't in the hotel. It is in the next hotel. If you would like use you must pay.

Near metro to go to old town square

Staff unhelpful

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Fair value
    • Room with 1 double bed

Location - close to subway and city centre

no complimentary water in room

no complimentary water in room

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good rooms, great location if one needs parking.
    • Room with 1 double bed

Good rooms, great location if one needs parking.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Excellent value for money, would definitely stay in an Ibis again!
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

Our beds were comfortable & our room was as expected. The staff were very helpful & polite.

Good business stay hotel

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

As always in Ibis, extremely comfortable bed and pillows;
    • Room with 1 double bed

As always in Ibis, extremely comfortable bed and pillows; extended hours for food availability; web corner. Great value overall.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Nice and clean place, good personnel.
    • Room with 1 double bed

I didn't like only breakfasts. Expensive and very poor choice.

Nice and clean place, good personnel.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

It was memora experience.i enjoyed amlot
    • Room with 1 double bed

The staff is not accommodating.

Breakfas was excellent. Good location.Clean & silent.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Staff were friendly in the main
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

Breakfast was rubbish, location nowhere near Wenceslas Square, storage for luggage post check out was non-existent

Staff were friendly in the main

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Nice hotel

Cleaning

Bed like a cloud

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

It's very close to metro station.
    • Room with 1 double bed

It's very close to metro station.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Friendly staff

No kettle on the room

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

nice location

nice location

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Comfy hotel for a city break
    • Room with 2 Single Beds

WiFi wouldn't always connect, air conditioning didn't cool down room very well.

Comfy beds, good location, polite and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016