Reviews of Interhotel Central 4 stars

Divadelní náměstí 17, Karlovy Vary, 36001, Czech Republic

#53 of 100 hotels in Karlovy Vary

• Standard Double Room with Square View

Very cold water in swimming pool, there is a building site in front of hotel, very loud and I’ve chosen a room with double bed, got 2 singles.

Perfect location, very good breakfast, nice staff

• Standard Double Room with Square View

Shabby and tired. Food awful and although breakfast abundant, the quality was poor and 'hot' food was cold! Pool area not wecoming. Pool water freezing cold and sauna locked and had to pay which was not what we expected from the promotion. Staff unprofessional except reception.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

Despite of we warned that we need a parking lot, we should to park a car on the public parking on the hill, quite far away. Batteries are empty in the TV remote control. Poor breakfast. Fungus on the ceiling in the pool shower.

Perfect view from the window, location

• Deluxe Double Room with Square View

This claim to be 4 stars hotel in popular spa town but the hotel’s pool area is joke. Whole area had a feel of being totally outdated, water was incredibly cold and I mean incredibly cold, jacuzzi was very small. But the most ridiculous was the sauna being locked, apparently I have to pay extra to use it. Not even close to 4 stars.

Room size, staff, view, breakfast, location,

• Standard Double Room with Square View

The hotel doesn't correspond to the 4 star hotels! No air conditioner, bathrooms has to be updated. Most of the hotel rooms are facing the street, not a busy one but you cannot sleep with an open window after 6 o'clock in the morning. Booking.com is giving the description of the park up front of the hotel, instead you can see a flower bed with couple of benches on the side.

The hotel is very clean, rooms also kept in the same conditions.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

The only thing was that the people at the restaurant seem a bit inexperienced and do not seem to talk basic English, just Russian. It was fine because I can speak a bit of Russian myself but I guess it can be more complicated for other visitors.

Comfortable room, a bit old fashioned but clean and at a great location. Also the facilities were good and the receptionist was friendly. They let me check in a few ours before.

• Deluxe Double Room with Square View

We asked for a large double bed but they merged two single beds together. The division between the beds was pretty annoying when trying to sleep.

Breakfast was amazing! Staff really nice and polite! Especially the tall gentleman at the reception desk during the day. He was absolutely fanstastic!

• Deluxe Single Room with Balcony

The facilities could have been better. The jacuzzi was out of order. The sauna would get crowded and the man in charge of sauna and massage rooms was very rude and made us feel unwelcome. This should not happen in a spa-oriented hotel and we filed a complaint.

The room commanded beautiful views of the centre of Karlovy Cary, with a spacious columnaded balcony. It was a pleasure to wake up to it!

The facilities are outdated, especially in the older part of the hotel. The swimming pool is not open continuously "from 8 to 8" as promised - the staff take two half hour breaks and ask you to leave at 19:40..., yet it is the only facility that the guests are not charged for - you have to pay in advance for using the whirlpool bath (very small) and sauna. The minibar in the room contains 2 bottles of water, which are not complimentary - this 4 star hotel charges almost $3 per bottle...

Located in a beautiful square right next to the hot spring, has a comfortable indoor swimming pool. Breakfast is more than fair.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

Parking is quite away from the hotel. Access to the hotel is a little tricky if you drive to the hotel.

The location and the services. Breakfast is plentiful and delicious.

It was very hard to find the parking garage. The road to the central portion of Karlovy Vary is cobblestone and does not look like a road you can drive on, but you can!

The room was nice and the breakfast was great! Great location as well!

Finding the parking garage was a terrible experience. I tried calling the front desk and the gentlemen on duty did not speak English. The road to the parking garage was made of cobblestone therefore we did not think you could drive on this road, but in fact you are suppose to.

The location is wonderful. We came to enjoy both massage treatments and the beer bath. This location is a central location in Karlovy Vary within walking distance to everything. The room was very nice and breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Standard Double Room with Square View

There are two things that make me wonder if this is a real 4-star hotel. The first big drawback is the cleaning service. Our bedding hasn't been changed for 5 days!! Moreover, the cleaning ladies once knocked on our door before 9 am and twice while coming back to our room after breakfast we had to wait as it was the moment when they were cleaning our room. The cleaning service usually works during the day when guests are busy. Second, some members of staff don't behave in a professional way. On the day of checking-out (15th August), we were unkindly treated by the receptionist who called our room asking us "where are you" when we still had 30 minutes to check out. When I told him that we are almost ready but there is still time, he simply hung up on me without even saying goodbye. On the other hand, a lady receptionist and one male receptionist (coming from Ukraine) were very nice and helpful. The underground parking is cool but pricey.

The hotel is well located and has very nice views. The room was quite big with a comfortable mattress. There is a good selection of warm dishes and delicious cakes at the breakfast. I would add some more vegetables, though. The breakfast is only until 10 am.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Standard Double Room with Square View

There are two things that make me wonder if this is a real 4-star hotel. The first big drawback is the cleaning service. Our bedding hasn't been changed for 5 days!! That is unacceptable. Moreover, the cleaning lady once knocked on our door before 9 am and twice while coming back to our room after breakfast we had to wait as it was the moment when they were cleaning our room. The cleaning service usually works during the day when guests are busy. Second, some members of staff don't behave in a professional way. On the day of checking-out (15th August), we were unkindly treated by the male receptionist who called our room asking us "where are you" when we still had 30 minutes to check out. When I told him that we are almost ready but there is still time, he simply hung up on me without even saying goodbye. On the other hand, a lady receptionist and one male receptionist (coming from Ukraine) were very nice and helpful. The underground parking is cool but pricey.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

The night shift staff of the reception does not speak English. This man is not able to perform the very basic calculation. He tried to charge me twice because of his poor math. One of the rooms was not cleaned when we checked in. The hotel provided us a substitution. However it was not for guests. This hotel does not deserve a 4-star title. I won't recommend it to any of my friends.

There is nothing that I'm satisfied.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

After visiting 40 + countries, this was our worst hotel experience. See our other reviews, they are almost all very positive! The hotel was advertised as family friendly - it is not. Common areas are tired and decorated poorly. There is a depressing aura of sullen unhappiness in the majority of the staff. There was a particularly awful man monitoring the pool area - he spies on it from behind a two-way mirror. He screamed at my son from across the pool (without reason), was incredibly rude and arrogant when I inquired about several issues. (including the pool being cold and not heated to the advertised temperature) As "punishment" he closed the jacuzzi and pool almost an hour early - (these facilities were the main reasons we paid extra to stay at this hotel.) When I complained to the reception, the man at the desk shrugged and said only "sorry, this is a problem with our people" as if that was supposed to make it acceptable. This was the only hotel in our stay in the CR where people were nasty, unhelpful and uncaring. There are MUCH better choices in Karlov - avoid this one!

The location is good for walking around town.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

I came for the Film Festival and the location of this hotel is excellent for that. I didn't try the spa, but I did use the pool and hot tub. Breakfast was big.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

Rooms on picture were larger, we asked for a quiet room but the room was at the front on the first floor where people get their massages.

Huge selection for breakfast, friendly staff, nice swimmingpool.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Standard Double Room with Square View

I absolutely loved amazing view from our room on historic buildings of Karlovy vary. Historic hotel is located in the heart of center and has cute mini park in front of the hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly. Everything was clean. Breakfast was rich and delicious. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Special Offer - Double Room with Wellness Package

The Massage room near the Pool was cold and with a lot of light. The Masseur had á bubble gum on the mouth and the sound was really annoying.

Everything was very clean, the food, the breakfast was more than sufficiente, the room was very quiet , relaxed atmosphere, the staff despite not speaking very well English, they were very helpful and nice.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

During last hour of breakfast time, some of the foods and drinks were not re-filled. It was a bit annoying, as for example for those two nights we stayed, for the last hour, 30 minutes of breakfast time there were already no bacon, no juice etc. Sauna, Jacuzzi were very small for such big hotel in heart of SPA famous city.

Excellent location and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Loved the staff especially the front desk staff. They were all extremely kind. I also loved the breakfast. Wow! The location was also superb. It was an excellent place to stay for our visit with our Czech family and we hope to go back.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Square View

it seems to be a hotel that caters mostly to russian tourists as a lot of things are written in russian only. staff could be a bit friendlier. coffee not very good.

excellent location of the hotel right in the centre.room was very warm and confortable. breakfast good with many options.we had a room on the 4th floor and Wifi was working fine.you have to reserve parking and if you have a low car or a bigger then average car it might be a bit of a problem as space is quite tight.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The toilet was very dirty. I guess they have not cleaned for at least a week. A staff suddenly coming into my room without notice while I was taking shower. I was very scary. And I did not know what they wanted to do. Fortunately valuables are with me at that time.

Historical Hotel. Good breakfast. The receptionist were very kind.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

It would be nice if cleaning ladies replace used toilet items, make my bed more thoroughly (cover the bed with a spread), and wash porcelain cups after having tea. In addition, i would like to have a list of phones numbers to include the reception number in my room, so I could call if I need something, instead of going down at night.

Great breakfast with a variety of food including plenty fruit and drinks, great quality. My room was very comfy and cosy. Great location, close to everything in a quiet neighborhood. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

In spite of the hotel was half empty It Was difficult and uncomfortable to book massages in spa. It could be done by the only one lady who was very busy and kept us waiting for 2 hours to tell what massages and for what time are available for nearest 2 days.

Friendly reception, rich and tasty breakfasts and lunch, elevator,parking, swimming pool. Central disposal, close to everything. Russian channels on TV.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Special Offer - Double Room with Wellness Package

The hotel was for sure a known and a famous hotel few years ago but it seems that the maintenance is not well done. Today the decoration is really old fashioned, a renewing could give a new lease of life to the hotel. The cleaning could be better (web, hairs and swimming pool !) The breakfast starts to close at 9:30 not at 10:00 as scheduled.

We were on half pension at the hotel with 2 treatments a day. The view of the room was nice on the city/river (room 406) and quiet during the night. The buffet for breakfast was fresh and generous and the dinner was good but not exceptional. The treatments plan was ok the massage was the best part (additional time will be great: more then 20 minutes). The location of the hotel is really good and offered us some night-time walk.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Square View

The hotel is just a few steps from the springs, next to the riverm with a nice view. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very tasty with great selection, including local specialities.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Square View

Cleanliness was definitely not 100%. Staff partly very helpful but partly annoying. Hotel equipment bit used up. Our best (doesn't mean great) hotel experience in Karlovy Vary, where I generally find hotel services very poor.

As a IFF KV visitors we appreciated mainly location that allowed us to walk to Pupp and Thermal Hotels. Solid breakfast, surprisingly spacious room.

Bathroom need to be renovated

Location and food are exellent

Parking complications and price

Everything OK.

Parking price relativity for its complications..

Location and staff..

Excellent breakfast and friendly staf.

Selection of beers in the bar

Quite nice property, excellent location lovely pool.

• Standard Double Room with Square View

They speak very bad English. The pool closed before the time announced on the information available in the room.

Very good location.

• Deluxe Single Room with Balcony

Perfect view and all hotel

Smelly corridor Mostly Russian language

Continental breakfast 7.30-10.30 Location

• Deluxe Double Room with Square View

The bathroom is so tiny, the sink is really very small

The stuff is very kind, polite and helpful

• Standard Double Room with Square View

Rooms are a bit small but ok.

Definitely location is the best in he town and it's old fashion style building.

{undefined}

Swimming pool, view, comfort

• Deluxe Double Room with Square View

Great location,nice view,big room,clean,comfortable ,good breakfast.

No decafinated coffee.

Breakfast variety very good.

• Deluxe Single Room with Balcony

Old buildings some dert in the ceiling and top of the coulms out in balcony

Best location very good staff and fresh brakfast

• Standard Double Room with Square View

absence of the air conditioning system in the room;

great location with beautiful view! fair price!

Coffee at breakfast

High variety breakfast, especially for desserts Very comfortable bed Possibility to make tea in the room

Nice old building

• Deluxe Double Room with Square View

Everything is perfect! Nice staying and perfect kind stuff.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Lokation exelent

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Old bathroom and furniture

Location and city view

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The staff not speak English,water of swimming pool is cold.

Location, clean, breakfast

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Square View

Non-conditioner There is a cobweb on windows

Location garden view and river

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Square View

Great location, great and quiet bar in lobby, OK rooms and front desk, decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

No AC

Large rooms, location

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Square View

The bar closed at 10 pm! The spar massage was very poor.The evening meal menu was very weird!

The receptionist was very efficient.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Limited English. But we understood that area is focused on different foreign guests. Uncomfortable massage bed at swimming pool. Head rest part of bed was really hard on my cheeks. But massage itself was awesome.

Beautiful room which smelled great-clean. Fitness center and swimming pool were awesome. Breakfasts delicious. Staff at breakfasts gave us a great service. We experienced also massages which were very enjoyable. Thank you goes to Kamila-our masseuse. Room service-great. Because our lazy mornings they gave us space and cleaned up after lunch. Thumbs up.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

I had the feeling of self-abandonment: We always had to search for the waiter at the bar, as she was present in the restaurant as well.... However the bar was closed at 9 p.m. English knowledge was really-really poor. The overall communication of the staff was far under the standards: they asked me to pay the bill of the bar, and not to run away. In the presence of my business partners!..... I saw no smile, not friendly approach from the staff for 3 days: disappointing Everything is for people going to bed too early: dinner till 20:30, bar till 21:00 I sweat I will not go back!

Location of the hotel is perfect, the rooms were clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Signs and all brochures in room in Russian only, focusing on Russian visitors only. Good for them, bad if you are from different country. Very poor internet connection at the room.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

For the sauna you have to pay an extra fee.

The breakfast was great and the food was excellent. The indoor pool looks really nice and the fitness center is small but well equiped.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2015

We asked for one king size bed and we got two singles but when they changed the mattress we got a small one ( smaller than the two twin beds). The Sauna broke on the first day we arrived. The hot tub needed cleaning 7 hours everyday so its available only 3 hours per day, and it's very small (4 pers max). The water in the pool was cold during the day. I understand they tried to save some energy but we paid for these facilities as it was written in their description. Only the receptionist speaks English. We expected a lot more for this price and location.

We liked the room, it was clean and tidy with all the necessary items. We liked the breakfast which was very diverse and the restaurant staff.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2015

Excellent location and view (we had riverside view). Also we got parking and spa for free. Very quiet and nice furnitured room. Wi-Fi Internet had a decent speed.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

The receptionist was amazingly awful specially for foreign people, if I will only rate the reception services they provided from ten honestly zero is more than what they deserve. Also some of the guests were smoking even if it's not allowed in the hotel and they didn't do anything about it.

The location was perfect and the view was excellent.we liked the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

It's the worst hotel I have ever lived , worst experience of using booking.com!!There is no river view no balcony in my room which is totally different from the picture showed by booking.com! What makes me more disappointed is that there is no wifi signal in the room, I have to use the poor signal from corridor or use free wifi in the bar, there is no wifi signal in reception too! The swimming pool closed at 7pm, it's impossible to swim after dinner!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Parking garage only had a height of 1.5 meters so we couldn't use it. They told us it was very safe to park our vehicle in front of the hotel as there were cameras and someone at the front desk 24/7. Our car was packed full of things we had bought during our 4 weeks of traveling and we reluctantly parked it in front of the hotel without emptying it. We did not have any problems with anyone breaking in, but we constantly were checking on it.

Loved our room! We had a balcony on the 4th floor and it overlooked the river. Internet was great. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was okay. Big variety to include several hot cereals, cold cereals, eggs, sausages, salads, meats, cheeses, breads, cereals, 2 kinds of juice, dried fruits. We thought the eggs were just so so. We had cappuccinos with breakfast but they were more like caffe lattes. It was okay for breakfast (free), but if you have one outside of breakfast they cost 65 Koruna with is about $2.75. We would have no problems staying here again and I would highly recommend room 401.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

The directions on the website were hopeless. It took us almost 2 hours to find the hotel. When we found it there was nowhere to park (the garage was too low to take our car). Despite their website being in English we found nobody who spoke English and if we had been unable to speak German we would have had difficulty in communicating.

The bedroom was very good. The location is excellent., as was the breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Only intendef for russians. No information in other languages and surprisingly almost no czech programs in the TV - not even public ones. Parking in garage only for really small cars, our V60 did not fit in.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2015

no wifi in rooms. I had booked a parking spot but they said they knew nothing about it.

The massage man PETER was the best I have ever had..incredibly knowledgeable !

• Reviewed: 8 April 2015

Entry door to the room was like a carton (very thin) => i guess, depending on the floor or package booked. The rest was ok - we didn't care so much.

Massage on site, swimming pool, sauna, resto, central location, view from window, proximity to all hot spots in the city. Underground parking in the form of palette - no issues at all (average size car)

• Reviewed: 6 March 2015

The beds are outrageously uncomfortable. Old, creaky spring beds that you can feel poking into your back. I strongly advise against staying at this hotel for this reason. Bad beds at a hotel are just inexcusable.

Pamela at the front desk was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

The shower handle is not so good for 4 stars hotel and some part of bed steel shows up

Easy to find and the hotel is in the shopping road, good breakfast with many kinds of foods, very clean

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Very good situated, friendly personal. Russian language adventage 🙄

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Great location. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

Very nice hotel. Very helpful stuff.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

Very central location, with a nice pool, nice old building, free parking

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Pool, breakfast, fitness amenities all good. Too many russian visitors and staff clearly chosen to match. Smiles lacking.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

It was a very pleasant stay. and we would return.

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Interhotel Central traveller photo gallery