Reviews of Koruna Hotel 3 stars

Opatovicka 16, Prague, 11000, Czech Republic

#578 of 612 hotels in Prague

6.1

Prague was, as always, wonderful, but the hotel was poor.

A fuse blew within 10 minutes of me entering the hotel and it took a while to be fixed. The hotel failed to take appropriate action to stop some fellow guests partying until 5 am and later I object to having to ask to borrow a hairdryer, even in a budget hotel.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was first rate.

Good choice for an economic and short stay
    • Family Room with Balcony

There were plenty of bugs in my room which have landed on my face while i was sleeping

The staff was sooo helpful and kind. Rooms were clean and specious. Breakfast was amazing.

Location a
    • Quadruple Room

Staff didn´t understand us , even in Czech or English language. She didn´t care about my question. Other staff from breakfast shouted at other people just because they didn´t close the doors.

Location and room was great, breakfast were rich and tasty as well.

I got to the hotel before check in time and the recepcionist...

The cost of the taxi was twice expensive requested from the Hotel to the airport than what I payed from the airport to the hotel

I got to the hotel before check in time and the recepcionist was very kind making the room available anyway.

The worsest hotel I've ever stayed in my life

I am a genius traveler and I travel quite a lot and stayed in many hotels around the world. I saw many good hotels and bad ones but this is one of the worsest hotels I've ever seen. Everything was awful there. First of all the location. It wasn't so close to Charles Bridge for example as they wrote. You still have to walk a lot. Secondly, in front of the hotel was a pub and every time when I tried to sleep it was too lout. I heard also everything on the corridor. The cleaning was also very bad. First of all they didn't clean properly the room. Secondly, on the second day they didn't change my towels and when I asked on the third day Ukranian cleaning lady to dod so she said she won't change the towels and was screaming at me and slamming the door. I was extremely shocked. I do not even mention that she was never replenishing my shower gel although she saw they were empty. The price for the hotel also was too high. I paid 200 euro for three nights for single room. It is not even a three star hotel although. I would say maybe 1 star. On breakfasts they were providing very poor assortment so I was just skipping it. It is cheaper to eat outside. And the most awfullest thing is when it was time to check out the same cleaning lady was knocking at my door and screaming "check out" although i still had 10-15 minutes. I won't even mention that i wanted to request 2 more additional hours to check out and the hotel didn't count it into consideration. Honestly, I will never ever come back here again. Believe me when I stayed before in hostels in Prague, it was much more better than in this hotel. If you really want to enjoy your trip in Prague never stay here.

Good for a group/crowd, nice location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Other guests were very loud during my stay - shouting, running, slamming doors, etc. If I had not gone out in the evenings, I would not have been able to sleep.

The bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful when I needed to find a currency exchange and directed me to one nearby with no fees. It was a pleasant day's walk from the hotel to other major sites like Wenceslas Square, Astronomical Clock, and Charles Bridge. Parking is off-site, but the hotel arranged a reserved spot for me. It is not far from the hotel, just 5-10 minutes walk. My room faced the street and there is a bar directly across the street. Street noise doesn't bother me and I actually enjoyed the entertainment, people watching, while I prepared to go out each night. I forgot my umbrella when checking out and it was kept safe until I returned to the hotel to retrieve it.

Convenient location for a reasonable price :)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

low quality breakfast (very limited variety of served products); the guests don't loose much if they book the hotel without a breakfast limited parking option around the hotel (but actually no surprise within the old town surroundings), problem solved by renting a car parking space in other location (but within approx. 5 min. walk from the hotel)

the hotel located near the city centre (old town) - approx. 15-20 min of walk; useful elevator, clean rooms (including bathroom), stable Wi-Fi, useful devices available (little fridge and fan), nice and helpful receptionists speaking fluent English

No recommendable.

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. If there is no other choice and you are left with just this hotel, DO NOT ADD BREAKFAST. Their breakfast is horrible and the service is even worse. The kitchen personnel is very unhappy in doing her job. with no exception, she makes sure that she bangs everything and scolds everyone who does not return the lid correctly (if there was any correct way). The coffee is the NOT GOOD!!! and neither is the breakfast. The server just turns off the light when its time and cannot wait to get everybody out of the breakfast room. She and her companion are very rude and shows disrespect to guests. She should not be in the service business. The rooms were not cleaned daily. They just return the sheets (not even straight) with all the dust and dirt. No toiletries so you have to buy.

Fair room
    • Quadruple Room

Loud when your going to sleep cause there a bar / club across the street and they where working on the building next to us early morning

Staff was very friendly nice room

When we arrived I noticed that the TV in our room was not...

When we arrived I noticed that the TV in our room was not working. Although I reported this to reception several times, it was only on the last day of our stay that we were provided a working TV in our room.

NOT REC
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rude Staff, Small and tight rooms, no view, extra small lift, it was hot and they had no fans or AC: not even table fans!

Very rude staff. Not at all recommended.

Great Hotel

Great staff, were very friendly and sorting anything we needed out for us. Upon request they even organised a taxi for us to be collected and dropped to the airport. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

A bare-bones experience.

This felt more like a hostel than a hotel. The room was one of the least charming I have ever seen. The bed was uncomfortable; there were no amenities in the room; and it took the staff a full day to fix the broken toilet. Also, the room was noisy. I could hear the bell of the elevator all night long. Also, the breakfast was so bad I didn't even bother going on the second day.

The wifi signal was good, as was the location.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Location is good but felt a grey atmosphere.

My sheets were never changed and my towels were not even touched in the four nights I spent there. I asked reception for an additional pillow since I need two to sleep comfortably but they couldn't give me one; I bought one at the store. My credit card was charged immediately when I checked in which was unusual. The breakfast didn't even have fresh fruit. It was canned!! No hair dryer and only once I got shampoo. Had to run to store to buy.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Bad room

Bad single room, bad facilities, bad view, bad service, bad breakfast choice. The owner should invest more on making the hotel worth the money we paid!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Family Room with Balcony

The staff who works at the breakfast area was rude and slow, dosn't know english also 😐

Front desk workers was nice and polite. It is very close to the restorants and city center.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Horrid Place To Stay! Disgusting Value For Money!!

EVERYTHING!! Horrid stay very uncomfortable and the pictures you see on the website is not the same you get! I first got a tiny prison cell! busted wardrobe with a huge hole in the back, only 3 hangers in the wardrobe! had a separate shower and WC and the light to the WC was blown! so had to use the loo with the door open which left a nasty smell in the room! the view out side was overlooking another brick wall! which blocked out all the natural sun light so you had to leave the over head light on 27/7. Very noisy guest too constantly slamming doors and play music and shouting at at ungodly hours! The breakfast is very basic and the breakfast staff need to take a course PR! very miserable and unhelpful! if you asked for anything they all had a face like thunder as if you are asking for the world!! This is more of a hostel then a hotel and for the price I paid for 3 nights its a complete rip off! you have been warned! I would stay clear of this one with a 20 foot pole!

NOTHING!!

Very good location.

The worst thing was very poor sound isolation, on the 4th there were some noisy guests , at the 2nd you could hear their partying and smell the smoke,and no attention from the staff.

Very good location.

Staff was helpful in giving us directions.
    • Quadruple Room

Room service didn't include making of the bed. Was a bit pricy for these modest accommodations.

Staff was helpful in giving us directions. Location was very convenient to the tram and the center of town.

Location was great

No air conditioning in this hotel and limited amount of cooling fans.

Location was great

Close to town center

Very noisy outside

Close to town center

The Location is just perfect!

Personal...they even cannot say good morning to somebody.

The Location is just perfect!

Disappointed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The receptionists were very rude and not Friendly. They have no idea about working in hotels and being welcoming.

Budget Central Hotel

No Shower gel or Shampoo

Excellent Value for money & Location Very Good Cleanliness, Comfort & Breakfast Normal Staff & Facilities

Room is spacious and toilet clean, location near to Old Town...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room is spacious and toilet clean, location near to Old Town and close to transport stations.

The location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location. Proximity to most of the old town tourist points. Welcoming staff and the breakfast

Value for money

No drinking water in room.... it should be must

My stay met my basic needs particularly the location.

The decor was drab & cheerless...post Communism.

The location, the value, helpful staff, adequate breakfast, cleanliness .

Not bad. But the booking error by booking.com where Double bed was given instead of Twin Bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A booking error by booking.com. I booked a twin room but the room given was a double room with small size bed.

The reception employees were friendly while the breakfast...
    • Quadruple Room

The reception employees were friendly while the breakfast employee were not , no English speaker no smile very serious faces

Room size

Brackfest

Room size

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Better look inside then the outside

Bathroom was too small

Very close to the highlights

Receptionist was very rude.

Receptionist was very rude.

Close to everything

Room was never cleaned

Close to everything

The staffs at the breakfast area was rude.

The staffs at the breakfast area was rude. Breakfast options are very limited

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Located near the U Fleku Pivovar.

Located near the U Fleku Pivovar. Easy walking to all the tourist sights. Only a kilometer walk from the central station.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Good central location, with local bars and restaurants nearby

The room was a bit on the small side and had a weird padded door

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

The Hotel is located in a very nice, but quiet area, the...

Staff was completely annoyed at all times. We were about to leave, when we were called that our stay was over 15 minutes before checkout. When we arrived in the breakfast room at 9 o clock, a lot of the food was already gone and wasn't restocked until the end of breakfast at 930, when we were gltold that breakfast was over now and we were asked to leave. I must say, i have been to many Hotels which where LEDs "classy", but never have i been treated in such a rude and careless way.

The Hotel is located in a very nice, but quiet area, the bathrooms were New and clean. City centre is just a 5 min walk.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

the price(5 euro) it was so cheaper for the property

Can't complain for the price i payed but still could be better in break fast. Again it was more then worth for the price i paid

the price(5 euro) it was so cheaper for the property Property was good Location is also good rooms are clean all was super

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

This hotel in centre Prag is very nice.

This hotel in centre Prag is very nice. Personal was willing and friendly. Breakfest was tasty, room was clean and I can not poin out something. I am sure that I will go to this hotel again. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

It was clean enough.

The bed. It was terribly old, uncomfortable, bed sheets were too small for the single sized bed & couldn't be tucked in as the mattress was a part of the bed base. Small movements during the night resulted in the bottom sheet moving, each night I found I was sleeping on the mattress not the sheet. The breakfast area smelled badly of smoke. Although I asked for a quiet room, the 2nd floor where the room was I was kept awake by the reception TV & radio as well as other guests coming & going.

It was clean enough. WiFi was good enough too.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

at the center of Prague.

there was no hot water for 2 days and the manager of the hotel did have any answers to me, he just smiled. i dont think this i the way to act to tourists that come from far countries. moreover there was no heat our entire stay and it was freezing outside.

at the center of Prague. near everything. friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Good location.

Breakfast was a bit poor.

Good location. Reception staffs were nice and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable. Good free wifi internet connection.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2015

We booked a triple room, but got a small double room with a camping bed. After discussing this with the reception, they gave us the deluxe room on the 4th floor. This appeared to also be a double room but with a sofabed. Since we didn't want to waste any more time on changing rooms, we left to go into the city. At night I tried to sleep on the sofabed, but this was really uncomfortable and was hurting my back. Also my sister and mother were not very happy with their beds. So in the morning we went to the reception to see what they could do. Unfortunately there was a very rude girl at the desk, she wasn't helpfull at all. She wouldnt let us finish talking and just kept yelling that they were full. They couldnt put another bed in our room instead of the sofabed. Still don't understand why not. We could change rooms again, but then we had to check out and check in again at 14hr. Because we had only 1 day in prague this was not an option for us. No other compensation was offered, the girl had a really bad attitude. Such bad service and also an overpriced hotel.

Good location Clean room Breakfast is fine, but very simple

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

Only the location.

The bed is very bad and unconfortable, the sheets and cover are short for tall people and my rooms was very noisy. They don't change the sheets, even after I've asked to. The edredon was dirty and it wasn't me. Toilet was separated from shower and sink. Should be a 2 stars hotel and not 3 stars. My room was quite different from the photos in the web site. Not to return.

Only the location.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

10 min walk to the Karluv most

Older bed linen (several holes on blanket cover) and towels, one of two towels looked not fresh No selection of hot dishes for breakfast (sausages only), boiled eggs were very cold Low but acceptable (not for makeup or to change a contacts) light level at the bathroom

10 min walk to the Karluv most 10 min walk to the tube (airport direction) or 7 min by tram to central railway station friendly staff free and rapid internet connection (2nd floor), wifi without registration fully renovated room and bath

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

The rooms were good and clean

The mattress was not that good. The springs poke you in the back.

The rooms were good and clean

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

The rooms are excellent

They should know that u make a reservation and turn on the heater !!!

The rooms are excellent

• Reviewed: 8 January 2016

big and clean rooms, nice location!

big and clean rooms, nice location!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Location and size of apartment

Breakfast not professional.

Location and size of apartment

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

I liked location and i reception explained all

i didn't liked staff rudeness and hairdryer was limited

I liked location and i reception explained all

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

Location, Services

Location, Services

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Good location, friendly staff, great price, cozy place,...

Not any sort of air condition, we had to open the window every day.

Good location, friendly staff, great price, cozy place, clean.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

the location

the cleanliness

the location

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

easy to get to from metro,seperate shower and toilet...

fourth floor room but the lift only went up to third floor

easy to get to from metro,seperate shower and toilet,comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

Location is good.

Quite old place...

Location is good.

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.