Reviews of La Boutique 4 stars

Vltavská 9, Prague, 15000, Czech Republic

#451 of 612 hotels in Prague

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Normal people working at the breakfast

So my stay in this hotel started good, friendly lady at the desk, room was okay, but the thing that totally ruined everything was the breakfast next day. I didn't feel well, so i went downstairs with my own plate and just took some salad. Than a man there saw this and became so incredibly rude, he shouted at me that it was forbidden, really harsh, so i told him that i was getting some (special lactose free) cheese i brought me upstairs and when i returned he just emptied my plate, threw it in the bin. I asked him why he did that and he started being very rude rude again even said ' i was not normal'. Well, when you don't feel allright you are not waiting for this kind of people who are obviously not normal themselves, so i just left. People like this shouldn't be employed in hotels, because they ruin your stay.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very trivial but couldn't immediately see any signs for the hotel when you looked down the street

I didn't use it and don't know the costs but really liked the option to have extra people on the sofa bed

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Noisy but we were at street level. Bit of a walk to the older part of the city.

Most unbelievable breakfast included. Every option imaginable, freshly made.

Everything was great.

Super happy with this hotel. The room was one of the largest I had in my travels in the same price range in Europe. The bed was very comfortable and quiet. Bathroom was clean and large. Breakfast over the top amazing. Location was great to walk to Old Town or to head to the stores nearby. Easy to get to from the airport. Definitely worth staying here. Can't wait to come back. Staff - answered lots of questions via email quickly and when I arrived they were all helpful and friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

- the roof and walls of the walls were cracked with leaks at many points. - the room was tooo small for 2 people - no complimentary water. - the wooden foundation of the roof was next to my side of the bed, so every time I got up, I would hit the wooden part. - i found a piece of solid plastic in the breakfast cornflakes, I told the staff about it, they just said "sorry" and changed the bowl. I was expecting a way better reaction and response. - I have been to many 4-stars hotels, and i really believe this one doesnt meet the standards, for example, the bathing products were mediocre and there were no slippers.

the hotel is well located

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The temperature in the room was far too hot The shower cubicle was a little small The hotel is situated in Andel which is quite far from the old town and tourist spots. Not really within walking distance

The room was a nice size , bathroom good. The breakfast was also nice

• One-Bedroom Suite

No notice that their Wifi was down and they were awaiting for somebody to fix it, issue lasted the 3 days we were there and was still not working when we left. Lack of recommendations/ suggestions for nearby area - ie restaurants, buses, shops. Female reception staff not helpful, no interest in guests. Shame the breakfast area is not open to chill in and get a coffee from.

Beds were comfy, nice large windows in the bedrooms. Hot shower. No outside noise. Breakfast area very clean, tidy and well stocked, good choice to suit all nationalities. Male reciption staff polite and helpful, and all breakfast staff very pleasant. Try out the nearby restaurant - U Kristiána, impressive.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a bit further than we'd like from the city centre but only 2 stops on the train so not a problem.

The Breakfast was lovely, lots to choose from and fresh.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Only supplied tea with kettle. Reception needs to be more attentive to arrivals

Great breakfast, decor needs updated but otherwise clean. Staff made us wait at reception for ages before check in and English limited.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

In general, the hotel doesn't look to be 4 stars nowadays-you can see it even by the quality of windows. Also we asked for the room with 2 separated beds, but got with one king-size with a blanket of a queen-size. I was travelling with my mother,and I do miss her in my life, but not so much to sleep hugging her-and this was the only way to do so with that blanket not to get frozen. Luckily, after couple of days they gave us a second one.

The hotel location was questionable- on one hand it was quiet close to the city center (30 min by walk) and commuting is very comfortable one, but on the other it was next to Staropramen factory, which made this place quiet creepy. The stuff is friendly, but seemed to be a bit overworked, so slips his mind over some things, which were asked for. But if you ask again-they will definitely help you. Breakfast was incredible-I even would say it was better than in 5 stars hotels. Also it was in a very comfortable time, which will both suite the early birds and those, who like to sleep properly in their vacation. Wi-fi connection was pretty good (enough for working online) except for one stormy day.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some pastry for breakfast like croissants were missed)))

Great location - 5 mins from Andel metro which is easy to go to airport and 10 mins to old city by tram. Very quiet area around hotel.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The furniture looks not very new, some (non crucial) things are broken.

Location is good, close to city center. Most of the staff very friendly. Price is very affordable, breakfasts are unexpectedly good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A part from the breakfast room, no other facilities, even the reception was just a desk, almost no staff around, just the receptionist, a couple of waiters at breakfast and a cleaning lady in the morning, walls could do with some repainting, didn’t impact my feeling good that much, but no way is this a 4 star hotel, I think booking should look into number of stars declarations a lot more seriously.

The room was nice and big, the bathroom was quite new, all very clean and homey, I loved it.

The bathroom in room 41 smells like the canalization, terrible, we had to leave the windows open...in November...to be able to breath

I like the hotel's neighborhood, Smichov district is one of best places in Prague for shopping and pubs. The breakfast selection is sufficient if you don't stay more than 2 nights

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Who is checking the stars rating??? This is a pit maybe belonged to Staropramen beer factory around the corner lately dressed like a hotel. Common spaces non existing, tawdry framework generally speaking. Expect a 2 stars facility..

Sole positive thing the bed, for those enjoying the hard one like I do

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The building needs a bit of maintenance (walls, windows) The check-in. I work at reception in a 5* myself, and maybe it's because I am used to different standards, but.. The girl that checked us in was probably not experienced enough as first we were told there is no record of our booking, when the booking was found she told us there is no room available for us for two nights. At the end we managed to find us a room, but it was only because I looked in the hotel system and helped the receptionist to find an empty room for us for two nights myself. Good we didn't end up sleeping under the Charles bridge..

Cheap accommodation with a nice and comfy bed. The male receptionist that worked in the afternoon helped us to figure out how to get to the airport early in the morning and even printed out the bus schedule for us without asking him to do so. Walking distance to the centre and very nice local restaurants close by. The breakfast was really nice, we only had a chance to try it once as the second day we left early, but had plenty of variety of fruits, cheeses, ham, bread, biscuits, pancakes, yogurts.. everything you need to start a full day of walking in Prague with energy!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Had dirty water dripping on me in the shower (from the room above). However, was given a new room immediately.

Good breakfast and location - not far from underground station.

The hotel building is not in the level of a four-star hotel and needs renovation. The air conditioner did not work well.

The breakfast is good. Staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is located close to the river and there is a nice walking route along the river from the hotel to old town. Room size is good Good restaurants are in walking distance

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The only problem that interrupted the enjoyment of my stay was the bathroom door. The handle had come off on the inside of the bathroom and although we reported this. it wasn't fixed in the time of my stay. This meant that the door couldn't be properly closed while you're inside.

The location of the hotel was ideal to Andel metro station so it was great to be able to find it so easily after a long bus trip to Prague. It was also close to shops and numerous restaurants and cafes offering excellent eating options. The bed did feel like a cloud and helped me get full rest from the long day of touring this beautiful city.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms on street view during the day are quite loud (old double windows).Boutique could be a bit renovated.

good breakfast, luggage storage, good service.Short distance to the Metro Andels Station, walkable to the Old town(15-20 mins). Distance from the recomended parking place to the property takes around 5 min.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The building was run down on the outside and the inside.How it is a four star "hotel" we will never know.

Very little-at least the receptionist moved us from a filthy room which smelled of damp and had flies in the room and a spider in the bed when we turned down the duvet to a cleaner room-though it was dusty. No matter the price (it is cheap) there are simple standards that should be met especially when advertised as a 4 star.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Part of the plaster of the wall crumbled and was broken from the handle of the door. There were no hooks for towels in the bathroom and no space for shampoo and soap in the shower. It's noisy, because the hotel is on a busy big street. Old, not tightly closed windows, especially in the bathroom.

Generally clean, soft beds and nice duvets. Big room. New TV, but with very few channels. Breakfast is fresh and has everything you need. The staff is responsive. The building is almost completely renovated. Close to the metro stop and 10 minutes from the center. For business trip is a very good place to stay for this money.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I really liked the hotel, but we had trouble controlling the air conditioning. It seemed to run all the time no matter what temperature we set it at. I was fine with it, but my husband froze. :-) It is in a nice neighborhood, but if you are looking for something close to the tourist attractions you should look elsewhere. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go, though, so it's not bad. You just have to be prepared to take transportation or walk about 45 minutes to an hour each way.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was well-cleaned each day. My husband especially liked that we had separate covers for the bed. I tend to like it much colder than he does. Even though we didn't use it, it was nice that we also had a pull-out bed in the sitting room. The free wi-fi was a very nice bonus also. We were able to keep in touch with family back home without using expensive roaming or data charges. I was impressed with how large the suite was and that the price included a full breakfast. I wanted to take the coffee machine home with me! It is a great value!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel is a 4 star but 3 stars are more applicable. The hotel could do a few small things to make it 4 stars.

Location very close to main metro and tram stop. Also situated in the "local" part of Prague, so nice to get away from all the tourists. Lots of restaurants, shops, bars and market near to the hotel.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Air conditioning could have been more effective. No soap dish in the shower.

Comfortable beds, excellent bathroom, quality products, excellent breakfast and helpful staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Initially we were given a room where we were not able to move around. Shifting luggage was a task as there were lot of stairs. We requested to change the room couple of times but they said their is no availability. But when we saw one couple checking out then we again requested and they finally shifted us to another room(when we caught them lying, they shifted). Staff was not friendly and helpful. This hotel is not suitable for sight seeing tourists. Poorly designed hotel.

Only location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the TV has 10 channels, digital one were missing, the receptionist said everything should be fine here I experienced the smallest bathroom with the toilet I´ve ever been there was a problem with invoice for my company, they had to send me after checked out

location is good due to Novy Smichov shopping and metro station wifi was good

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

In my opinion there was no diversity in breakfast

Staff very good And very friendly The room was clean and cleaned every day. Very close to public transport It is very easy to reach, walking distance from the metro (ANDEL). A variety of restaurants are nearby And novy smichov mall within walking distance

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was usually cold and I personally didn't find a lot of it appetising but that's a minor problem.

The double room was spotless, cleaned every day and the bed was extremely comfortable. The A/C worked perfectly and could be relied on in 29 degree heat. The staff were pleasant and helpful and spoke very good English. The breakfast was good - it wasn't anything special but had something for everyone. The location was fantastic, right beside a metro that brought you to the centre of Prague in 5 minutes and to the airport in under an hour.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Coffee could be better. First night we were in a room near the lobby which was terrible but we moved to the service floor later and it was much better.

Feels like a family place, staff is very helpful. Location is great for a more quite area but also had everything to need in more of a local sense. Rooms are big and comfy, clean but not luxuries. And breakfast was great.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Ground floor, windows on the main road. Bathroom wasn't clean enough

Friendly stuff, good breakfast, fully equipped room including iron and hairdryer

Strange working of conditioner - not sure it will works OK when HOT weather

Great location - 5 minutes walk from direct bus stop from airport (runs every 15 minutes), 5 minutes walk from Andel metro + trams stop. Big shopping mall close by, many local places for eating and drinking Good enough breakfast with scramble eggs, sausages, selection of cheese, yougurts etc

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The duvet cover was a bit small for the (very large, comfortable!) bed.

Breakfast was very nice for the price of the room. Great area, public transport close by and very cheap. The Staropramen brewery is behind the hotel and the tour in the visitor Centre is fun!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The shower was a bit odd - it was a small shower with a small shower-head and strange knobs which could easily be knocked making the temperature change. There was no where to place toiletries, so you needed to bend down to reach them on the ground - this might be tricky for larger/stiff people. The breakfast wasn't to our taste so we skipped it.

The bed was huge and really comfortable! Lovely big black out curtains too. I feel we did really well by choosing this hotel and I would highly recommend it to others. While it's about a 20 minute walk to the old and new towns, it's a nice walk. The hotel is also located really close to the bus and metro station making it really easy to get to/leave from the hotel. We stayed at the hotel for my partner's birthday and the hotel kindly surprised us with a complimentary bottle of local bubbly to celebrate - it was a wonderful touch!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

4 * hotel but no coffee and tea in the room. Staff members need to learn more. Breakfast very poor.

Location was good. Wifi works very well! Room nice clean.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not much decoration in a room. There no other mirror in a room except the one in a bathroom. That was really problematic for us ! The door in a shower was not hermetic and the bathroom floor was full of water after each and every shower! There no shelves in the closet. No robes or slippers. It can be pretty noisy because of passing cars on the street. The breakfast could be more rich for a 4-star hotel...

The staff at the reception was nice and professional. The room was spacious. The beds were comfortable. Nice TV.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a 4star hotel but there was nothing like a 4star hotel.... The walls of the room was dirty and on the bathroom door there was something like blood...... In the bathroom there was always a smell like in a sewage,horrible. The breakfast was included but as I've mentioned it before the breakfast neither was a 4star hotel level.Poor variety.

It was near the Moldva.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Pancakes and crepes every morning would've been ideal!

The bed was large and very comfy, shower was really nice and hot and the check in was great we were allowed to check in early without extra cost so we can leave our luggage in the room and go off exploring straightaway. It's close by the metro so getting to and from the airport was hassle free.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom little smelly (but clean). Was missing a smile on welcoming staff's face, otherwise professional:)

Great location, nice room with bar, comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Coffee at breakfast is awful. We didn't get a full double bed, but two twin beds together that moved apart 😞

Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff is ready to help, but sometimes aren't fluid in English. Location is not very central, but if you're a walker, you can reach all touristic places on 20 or 25 min. Which allows you to get to know the city better.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not many choices for breakfast, coffee is bad, small number of TV channels in the room

The room was very clean and lovely, bed was extremely comfortable, room was quite large

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Near the hotel there is a bus stop for 191 bus to the airport. There was an information about the timetable but surprisingly the bus that was directed as going to the airport changed its destination sign and the driver even told us it was not going to the airport. Luckily in the bus there were people speaking in English who told the driver to open the door again and take us ...because it turned out that he was going to the direction of the airport but we have to change once and take another bus. It was not the best experience and not the best way to leave such a nice city.

The place is quite near the city center and at the same time far enough from the crowds there. The room is very comfortable, hot, clean and in a quiet place, as I wanted it to be. The breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

no parking, few TV programs, no free bottle of water in room

delicious breakfast, very big and comfortable bed, good condition WI-FI, good supply mini bar, nice staff and service

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

The receptionist wasn't very helpful and he was rude. The room was tiny, there wasn't much space to move around.

When I read the reviews, I thought the breakfast would be very poor but it was very good actually! The bed was really comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No heater in the room. No water in the washroom. No bottles of water, no kettle, no tea bags available for free in the room.

The breakfast was amazing. The hotel was located in the center so was really easy to manage.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was pretty basic but fine everything else was good.

Rooms were comfortable and hotel close to trams and a large shopping precinct . About a 15mins walk into old town but trams are cheap and easily accessible Nice restaurant two doors up that has good Czech food.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No kettle - but we're Brits, so like a cup of tea on waking, though waiting till downstairs for breakfast no great hardship. (So don't expect a hot drink on arrival either.) Limited wardrobe & drawer space. Otherwise nothing to groan about - it was the right place at the right price for us and we felt safe in the locale.

Clean, larger-than-many, room, with desk & two chairs. Simple decor & big TV (no English-speaking channels found the one time we switched it on). Good, firm, comfortable beds. Excellent shower. Friendly, helpful staff (one on Reception, plus catering - don't expect a porter). Satisfying "Continental breakfast" choices. Lift to all floors. Easy transport via Metro, trams & buses and pleasant walk across river to Old Town area, etc. Good value B&B hotel and a "locals" restaurant that gets by in English just three-doors-up (quiet downstairs) that's worth a-visit-or-two, with many others, plus shops, just a short walk further on.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was limited and the hotel facilities didn't meet a 4 star hotel standard.

Location is good. 3 minutes walk to bus and metro station. So many restaurants near the hotel. The staff were so helpful and nice. The check in and out were easy and fast.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Poor breakfast. The breakfast cleanup lady looks like the warden of a womens prison and does not smile or greet.

Good location Clean room Comfortable bed Friendly, helpful receptionist

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

the breakfast could be better bacause it was the same every day.it was still a good breakfast.

very nice and clean hotel. top floor and very cosy. bed was very comfortable. the bathroom was perfect.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

From 6 am you can hear loud noise of traffic running under windows. Furnishings is worn out. No parking available nearby.

Bed was comfortable. Hotel is near metro, tram and bus stations.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Basic breakfast, bad condition floor from the elevator to the restaurant in the basement. Poor parking possibilities.

Clean, comfortable bed. Good location. Very nice front desk clerk with excelent english.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast was very poor. Sausages and scramble egg were low warm. We would expect to have them much warmer and the variety of food was close to none. I have expected more from a 4 stars hotel. Staff doing the cleaning at the breakfast room looked like they are there for punishment. Not a single smile on their face. Just the opposite. That was very sad to look at especially in the morning.

Location - perfect. We left our car like 500m from the hotel and had everything in walking distance. The hotel itself, the room and the bathroom were very clean. Exactly as expected. The architecture was also cool :) If you don't mind cars passing by the hotel one can say it was a quite neighborhood. The staff was friendly when we asked for something.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

not much... the shower+ sink taps- modern and sleek looking, but VERY uncomfortable to use(either burning hot or icy cold...)

the staff spoke excellent english and was very helpful. good wifi. the breakfast was simple but good, and the location is great - 2 min. from metro+tram.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

no kettle in the room, UK visitors love a cup of tea after travelling but was given one on request.

Spacious top floor room with sofa bed, friendly staff, helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The only minor thing was of tea or coffee facilities, mini bar was available but it would have made our stay perfect, if we could have made a cup of tea in our room.

The staff were extremely helpful, cheerful, informative and polite. The room was clean and we were allowed to enter before our book in time, we were allowed to leave our cases there Until quite late, which meant we could spend time in Prague without dragging cases with us.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a little poor but the room I had was ok!

This was a nice place to stay, breakfast wasn't great but ok! A 30 minute walk into the centre of Prague but the local bars and restaurants are closer and quite good to be honest.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Cosy Room with comfortable bed spacious bathroom and clean. Breakfast was also very good. Within 10 to 15 minutes walk to the old town.Nice friendly staff. Public transport within a minute walk and a nice shopping center close by. Easily reached by public transport from international Airport (bus 191 cost czk32)travelling to the final destination. We won't hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

- no door between the two rooms in suite, - the furniture has seen better days, - poor breakfast and the dining room in cellar - wet, broken walls, furniture, - NO waitress = 7 from 10 tables were covered with used, dirty plates and we didn't have a place to sit/eat, needed to clean it by ourselfes! Cannot happen in a 4* hotel!

- big, comfort bed with great sheets - nice, white, fluffy towels - real good location, 5mins walk to Andel metro station (3 stops to city center)

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We reserved a superior room and got an attic mansard which didnt smell very good.. since we were tired and staying only one night, we didnt contact the reception to change the room but I definitely wouldnt call this room a superior (I am a hotelier and this room really isnt a superior). It was some of the last numbers, I guess 46 or something like this.

The staff was very kind and helpful and responded very quickly to my email. Also breakfast was nice and there were plenty choices. The room was clean and bed comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The street to hotel is in reparation while we are there, then bringing luggage was quite hard

Staff is friendly and helpfull, flexible to let us c/ in early in the morning as room is available.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very warm room on top floor. Air condition didn't work. Missing boiled egg at breakfast.

Nice, helpful and friendly staff. Near to Andel station for subway and tram. Walking distance to the old town.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I came here for a few days rest. Unfortunately road works outside my room meant vibration and very noisey most of the day. The hotel couldn't help that

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The toilet flushing broke down after the temporary road work outside hotel, leaving water running noise whole night

Location is very good and neighbourhood is active but feeling safe! Breakfast is good also. Staffs are very friendly with professional English level

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast, size of the room

• One-Bedroom Suite

Great place! And real value for money. The staff was super helpful. Good layout for breakfast as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great breakfast. Cozy and comfortable room. Located near metro station.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There are not many options of breakfast

Location is perfect,it is close to bus station,subway.

Its really nice experience & Pleasure to stay in La Boutique

• One-Bedroom Suite

No mirror in room, only in bathroom

Close to lots of places to shop, eat and drink

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Cleaning. The shared room did not match the reserved room

• One-Bedroom Suite

Location, cozyness and breakfast were excellent! The suite was great for three people. Very clean and staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Too rumors out of the room

Nice breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was disappointing decided to give it a miss after the first day

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice, modern rooms, good service and fine breakfast

Browse La Boutique traveller photo gallery