Reviews of Le Palais Art Hotel Prague 5 stars

U Zvonařky 1, Prague, 12000, Czech Republic

#100 of 612 hotels in Prague

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Did not receive refund from my credit card deposit. Tried to call but answer was that mistake is probably on my side / my bank without further investigation.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There wasn't anything that I did not like!

It is a very luxurious hotel. The restaurant's outdoor location was amazing. The staff were extremely helpful and cheerful! The breakfast buffet was more than expected.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Service is rather poor. The cleaning lady always forget to refill stuff. What is worse, people at the reception is really not reliable. I requested late check out a day before and the reception says it is confirmed. On the day of check out, they suddenly say my room has been rented out as the hotel is fully occupied. I then check booking.com and realize they are still selling the same room. It is just not reliable at all. The restaurant sucks. I have diarrhea after a meal there. The food is not clean

The breakfast is very good. The view from restaurant is very good. The toilet is very comfortable

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No complaints. I would have liked to have water and coffee in the room but that's a small thing.

The bed was comfy, service great and all my requests related to my stay have been met quickly and without any issues. I've stayed here 3 times. It is THE place for me when in Prague.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

We were greatly pleased with hotel. The service was excellent as well as the food. It was wonderful to be able to sit out on the patio for breakfast and dinner and just to relax and enjoy the view.

Other guests.

The perfect Prague hotel in an elegant neighbourhood, but within easy walking distance of the scrum -- Wencelaus Square, the Old Town and everywhere else you would want to go -- and just a delightful period piece of a place with all the modern facilities you could ever want.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit far from the square. It's about 10 mins walk. However the public transportation is super easy and you have many ways to commute if you do not want to walk.

Amazing hotel. We got the tower suite and it is was such a gorgeous room. If you are planning to spend more time in the room go for executive rooms as they are spacious. You get a glass of prosecco for breakfast. I found that interesting especially when you are on a vacation

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Oh, if I only had more nights available to stay I would have, fantastic experience!

Oh my goodness did we ever love our stay at Le Palais Art Hotel Prague! We are seasoned travelers and really have developed a desire to take in a luxurious stay with all the bells and whistles we enjoy on our trip. Le Palais was a better than expected top notch experience. We arrived and sat later at night in the library to have cocktails and snacks suggested by the bartender which were excellent. We had been on the road and the young man, I wish I could remember his name, he made awesome and spot on the best cosmo I’d had in a long time! Our room was perfect, a pampering environment and so pristine clean I indulged in a much needed soaking bath and was quite impressed with the heated marble floors on my weary feet. Normally I send my husband for my morning coffee as a treat, but on this particular morning, he returned empty handed and said, “honey, you are not going to want to miss this breakfast, its amazing and you will love the gorgeous patio to sit outside and view the city!” Did I mention the complimentary prosecco? We enjoyed it so much we checked out and continued to sit on that gorgeous patio soaking up the sun, view, and excellent service by your staff. I rarely, and I mean rarely do reviews, but I looked forward to letting other travelers, even the fussiest know, this stay was amazing, the staff is over the top, and I would return again and again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Cool building with excellent facilities on the edge of Prague’s New Town. Breakfast each morning was delicious. Staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I found the bed rather hard, but compensated by very sumptuous pillows.

The standard of service from the staff was very high and any requests made very dealt with very efficiently, a level of service I have only experienced in more expensive hotels. Breakfast served on the sunny terrace was a very pleasant way to start the day.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Comfortable rooms, beds and bathrooms. Great design, good cuisine. Terrace with a view. Great bar with quality drinks. Really top quality and good value for money.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel on a quiet street away from the hoards in Old Town Square. Friendly, helpful staff, all multilingual. Exceptional breakfast buffet, with cereal, breads, eggs, bacon and sausage, ham and cheese, fruit, salmons, lovely pastries, and even sparkling wine. Room was comfortable and had a minibar and a safe. The #23 tram goes to Prague Castle and is only a block away, but it only runs every 30 minutes. Others that run far more often are about 1/4 mile away, so easy access. Highly recommended.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I have booked a clasic room but ended up with disabled room. The bed was very good but bathroom was very unpleasent, even I had a problem to use the toilet!! I have talked to the people in the desk but I have been told that that is their classic room. Luckly I had a change to see my opposite room and they were also booked a classic room and their bathroom was normal. So I believe I was unlucky, please be careful!!

Hotel was very pleasent, Breakfast was really good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The Right place to stay! Very fancy and still a cozy place to be. The staff is very friendly and service minded. I would definitely come back. If you take the metro-you can be in city centre in no time!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room was a tad stuffy even in a mini suite The advertised cut off for food was 11 pm but we arrived on Friday night at 10.45 and where told it was finishe.. little annoying after a journey.. ended up at McDonald’s! Not great!

Nice hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Strong smell of incense or something similar in the hallway Ventilation in the room wasn’t to great got pretty warm, but it was possible to open window so that was ok

Loved the spa with a big jacuzzi and sauna, gym looked nice but we didn’t use We had deluxe room and it was very comfortable with nice touches like floor heating in the bathroom. Good breakfast with a lot of options Lovely old building renovated very well close to tram and subway, tram 23 starts just by the hotel is lovely and goes past a lot of sights A bit away from city center but no problem since we used Uber of public transport (very cheap)to get around. Good value for money

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Comfortable beds, spacious room, amazing breakfast offer! Highly recommend to grab a drink at the hotel's lobby bar, and enjoy it in the library! The staff was very professional and attentive. Will definitely stay here again next time!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location is slightly away from the old town, so it's either a long walk or public transport

Great room service, and comfort in the room. Excellent breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The Spa was too cold and also the water in the jacuzzi!

The location ... excelent, the hotel wonderful, the room fantastic! The breakfast delicious and big!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room. Not what was described at the time of booking. Our room was on the top floor which was basically a converted roof space with extreme sloping roof, a beam across the middle of the room diagonally from floor to ceiling and three small windows in the roof two more or less covered by stonework from the outside parapet. I asked reception for a room change but was told there were no other rooms available in my category. No other solution offered basically take it or leave it.

Friendly helpful staff from the concierge, bar and restaurant.

I miss the caviar and champagne at breakfast (it’s now Prosecco and no caviar). We had to ask for cream cheese for the smoked salmon. I also miss the great Italian amenities and the free minibar. Less luxurious than my first visit.

My favorite hotel in Prague. Great spa, great breakfast, comfortable rooms and great art on every wall. Staff was terrific.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Scramble eggs was prepared from powder it is not ready for this kind of hotel. Otherwise breakfast offer and quality was perfect and tasteful.

Everything was perfect clean and comfortable

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I would probably warn guests that people are going to have the option to walk naked in the area around the sauna. Not knowing made it a bit of a shock!

Luxury hotel in every aspect! The hotel itself is very beautiful and has an old school glamour feel. Staff is very nice, professional while still friendly, which is not always the case in Prague, and offers great service. The spa is open until late in the evening, so it is a nice option even for somebody who wants to explore all day long. Breakfast was also very impressive, it has a lot of different options to choose from (both savoury and sweet) and is served until 10, which is fairly late by hotel standards.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The heating broke down so we were one day and nigth cold, it was very cold in Prague.

Breakfast was superbe! The staff was excellent, very kind, very professional. I would especially thank Mohammed for making the stay unforgettabel by his kind and charming personality and make us leave with a smile.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A little bit further from old town ( 30 minutes walk) and not many other possibilities for an evening drink or restaurant in the immediate neighboorhood so need to take a taxi for that except when you like evening walks

Very nice staff, quiet and very nice design hotel in beautiful neighbourhood. Excellent breakfast with much choice. Cosy bar. Nice amenaged and clean room.

I appreciate the multilinguial skills of the reception staff but they could smile more frequently ans adopt the more welcoming friendly attitude of the wait staff.

My 5th stay over 15 years. Always very comfortable

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The only tonic they have is quite sweet, could use a drier one for the gin tonic!

Staff was very accommodating and the stay was seamless. Great experience in prague!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

They have plenty of massage rooms, however were unable to book a massage due to staff shortage. Our room was small & on the top floor with no view, since we were only there for the weekend & out all day it didn't matter.

The hotel was about 20 minutes walk from the main square which was perfect for us since we like walking. The hotel is set in a quite location, a mini market & couple of restaurants are a few minutes away. The breakfast had a good selection of hot & cold food. The Spa area was large, however the the steam room was broken for the days we were there. Staff were very friendly & helpfull.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

- very comfortable and wide bed, efficient air-conditioning, nice smell in the room - excellent breakfast with very tasty food, guests are served a complimentary glass of prosecco if they wish - attentive staff with great manners - beautiful interiors, especially the library is great for a late-night drink with or without company - great location (Vinohrady, Prague 2) - you can take a break from the hordes of tourists which are swarming the city center

This is a stunning hotel we stayed in a junior suite it was very individual and great value. It’s in a lovely quiet part of town but not too far to the centre. There are some lovely local bars and restaurants for the evening if you don’t want to walk far . The staff were great when we needed them . If you want something with some style and a bit different you will love this place

• Classic Double or Twin Room

All the staff are nice and friendly, they always smile when they see you. We arrive at the hotel about 10:30am and the room is ready and allow us to check in. The room is good and i love the bathroom. Food at the restaurant is delicious. Quiet location. 25mins walk to the center (old town) I would definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A big spacious room, clean, nice atmosphere. Place near the center, but in a calm nice area. Breakfast with a big variety of choices. Wonderful stay for a weekend or a longer city sightseeing tour.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast choice was mainly for meat eaters. It would have been nice to have more vegetarian options.

The decor was lovely. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Quiet location but had a tram stop just around the corner.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

+ atmosphere in the hotel + 'Le bibliothèque', where it is very cosy having an afternoon coffee or evening drink near the fireplace + very comfortable rooms + very well located in the residential area of Prague 2, walking distance form city center

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Furniture and decoration could be refreshed. The whirlpool and hammam were out of usage. Location a bit too far from the city center if you want to walk (30 minutes) or use public transport (10 mn walk + 10 mn of metro). By cab or Uber it's fine!

Nice spacious room, cosy library and spa, good breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very clean and beautiful hotel. Offered us to upgrade a room type to higher category, which was very kind. Room cleaning 2 times per day, impressive. Nice and tasty breakfast. Super friendly and professional staff. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

horrible breakfast. room too small, only 1 power plug working, water cooker could short-circuit it and then power plugs would be off. furniture broken or in bad state, maybe from a garage sale. the shower had been poorly fixed with a piece of paper, so it was still floppy. but I am sure it's a 5-stars piece of paper. fridge is sealed

the tub

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very nice, but on this niveau, they should have a bigger selection on glutenfree bread, cookies and cake. In italy you get it even in a 3 star hotel. The room was clean, but a little bit time worn.

Very nice art hotel with delicious breakfast in a good location. Nice and professional personal, clean rooms and floorheated nice bathroom.

• Executive Suite

First day of a 3 day holiday was spent trying to clear up.a mess we apparently booked two rooms in the hotel by mistake. However I only got confirmation for one room so we had to pay a cancellation fee for a room we didn't book. So very bad start would not recommend using booking.com or if you do check everything before you leave.

It was a good size room good breakfast and all in all.we were taken care of

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Expensive SPA and Messaging. From the underground parking lot you have to take an elevator to the ground floor and need to walk the other half of the building to take the elevator to get to the room. Didn’t unfreeze the amount at checkout, waiting almost 3 weeks contacting booking to help us because they didn’t response to my email.

Clean and good view from the hotel room.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bedding is comfy, it's quite standard for how it is describe. Toiletries are basic, no conditioner just 2 in 1 shampoo. Breakfast is a buffet, very standard for what you pay to stay there, they have a bottle of champagne at breakfast but this is charged separately. Seating area for breakfast is quite uncomfortable, tables are placed too close together in a small room. T.v does not cater for everyone, you only get the news channels in English. Check in was disappointing we pre booked to check in early but was told they were busy and to come back in a few hours, was given a map to go away and explore, a drink or being shown to the bar area would of been much appreciated. Staff in general seem pre occupied to care about the customers. Location is quite far from good places to eat and explore on foot.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The concierge was not very helpful, we wanted to book a Ballet and except giving us tens of leaflets he did not help us with anything.

We liked the Spa, we enjoyed the sparkling wine in the morning and the variety of the products for breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Internet stated that the hotel had a shuttle to Wenceslas Square which we thought was a real bonus but apparently it had been discontinued and this had not been updated on their website.

Room and bathroom were spacious and well equipped. Staff were friendly and breakfast was excellent. Although off the town centre it is a peaceful location and only 25 minutes walking to the old town centre.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

From arrival until departure the stay was very good and I have seen a lot of hotels. Very friendly personell, nice rooms, nice beds, good gym, good parking, good breakfast and not too far from the main market easily by taxi or metro or tram.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

David at reception on check in was a little rude. No welcome to hotel. No hello. No Thank you, in fact he insulted us by asking why we didn't have any money on our credit card even though I had cash to pay. More a 3*/4* hotel. Not really 5* service!

Very cost room, nice bed and pretty hotel. Great breakfast and a big choice!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

My room didn't have a view as good as my friends room, some of the rooms overlook the city,

Classic style , high ceiling, Art Deco rooms and common areas, comfortable beds,Nice spread at breakfast,

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It was a bit of a walk to public transportation.

The staff was friendly and incredibly helpful. The decor was very fashionable and artistic. Breakfast was amazing in selection and ambience.

The location was a bit difficult to find with the GPS, but we knew we were in the vicinity, so my husband went into a local Irish Pub, which was sitting just below the hotel! After that, it was simple to find. Exiting the area was very difficult with the traffic however.

Everything about this place is amazing!! The food, the lobby bar, the spa is outstanding, and we rented the Junior Suite, which was completely worth it!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bartender on Wednesday and Thursday nights during our stay was unhelpful and quite rude which has affected the score for staff which is a shame as he let the team of otherwise very professional staff down. The number of wasps affected our ability to enjoy breakfast on the lovely terrace but not sure that the hotel can do anything about that.

The attention to detail was superb. The upgrade to the stunning Tower Suite because we were celebrating our 30th anniversary was a lovely gesture and made our time at Le Palais extra special, we will never forget it. We ate dinner in the restaurant one evening and it was delicious, as were the breakfasts with plenty of choice including sparkling wine available daily for that added celebratory feel. The location away from the tourist trap was perfect with lots of choice of restaurants and bars near to the hotel - can honestly say we did not have a bad meal during our time in Prague

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were more interested in counting money in front of me rather than dealing with me and other customers......Why work in customer service industry if you don't like dealing with people.

Great architecture

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Restaurant dinner menu was unappealing, at least 20/30 mins walk from a decent eatery.

Clean, modern, quiet location, baby friendly (good size cot, provided bath toys, potty and even step to reach sink) cosy, boutique like, staff attentive, lounge area chilled/relaxing

can't think of anything.

This is a gorgeous hotel. The building and interior design were beautiful. We had a very nice breakfast on the terrace with lovely views over the city, it was hard to pick where to eat, there or the restaurant, as both looked fantastic. The room was very comfortable with nice amenities, we were sorry we couldn't stay longer! The area was a little away from the Old Town, but we soon found the trams easy to use so that was't a problem. There were nice places to eat and drink in the neighbourhood, with a lot of locals and not a lot of tourists, so it did feel a million miles away from the bustle of the Old Town. We would definitely stay there again. The staff were great particularly Fillip on the front desk and the doorman. A wonderful place to stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff left something to be desired. I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign up in the afternoon while napping and housekeeping knocked twice, even opening the door once. The worst was the night clerk, David. He was insufferably rude to myself and my boyfriend (on separate occasions). Extremely unhelpful and dismissive when we had issues or questions.

The design of the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are just the right balance of luxurious and modern. The breakfast was delicious - an excellent continental spread! The location was nice because it's far enough removed from the touristy area of Old Town but within striking distance. The neighborhood where the hotel is located is cute and you should hang out there for dinner/drinks!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Not very convenient and there are not many restaurants nearby

Beautiful hotel in the Newt Town area , not very convenient if you like walking it is OK . Hotel is excellent

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The doorman who was there on thursday night ( 29th of june) and en friday night (30th june) was extremely impolite by making sarcastic remarks towards me. The rest of personell was very OK. Please foward this message to the staff of the hotel.

The upgrade to suite 106 was really a noce suprise!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The Hotel room is well overdue for a make over! The shower is poorly designed, and even for the quickest of showers water goes everywhere, and makes it dangerous (potential slipping).

The service was outstanding

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very disappointed with this hotel. Charges 5 star prices but delivers 3 star service. Room cost over 230 euros per night. First room we were given was a small long narrow attic room with only one velux window giving us a magnificent view of the sky but nothing else. Complained about the size of the room and the fact there was no safe and asked for another room but were told no. Next morning after a very cramped night we complained in person to the check-in Manageress who told us that we had booked a cheap room and they were all like ours. We found this quite insulting and certainly don't consider 230 euros per night cheap. Our room was described as a Superior Double but as it appears to be their cheapest room, I am not sure what it is supposed to be superior to. Eventually we were grudgingly given another room which was much better but had to move all our stuff by ourselves (5 star service? Not really!!) They also pre-authorised my debit card for 5000 cz crowns (Just over £170), which was immediately taken from my account and put on hold. When checking out we asked that this amount be put towards the final payment and were told that this would be done. I asked for a guarantee that no further amount would be taken and was told categorically that our bill had been paid in full and no further amount would be taken. Then low and behold, 2 days later they take another £179 from my account and leave me with the £170 still on hold with my bank, which has still not been refunded to me over 13 days later. This is appalling for a supposedly 5 star establishment. We stayed in 7 hotels during our holiday all less than 5 star, and all better than this one. My advice, avoid this place and book into a Radisson or something similar. They are half the price and twice the quality.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we did not like about the hotel from check-in to check-out. We felt pampered!

All the staff were extremely helpful and lovely. The breakfast was superb. A joy to sit and have breakfast on the terrace. The location is very quiet and a nice stroll to the areas of interest

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Our room was right at the top of the hotel and it was comfortable but very small. We were disappointed that we were paying a 5 star price for such a small room. The steam room downstairs was not working and there was no notification when we booked, otherwise I would have made different arrangements. The hotel is a little out of the way from the heart of the city. This is not a problem but you should be aware of this before you book.

The hotel was well appointed and comfortable. The staff were very understanding and considerate, just as other reviewers had said. The breakfast was excellent and we ate outside on the terrace. Couldn't fault it. The breakfast staff were very polite and helpful. The whole hotel was very clean and we especially liked the fitness area which was pretty large and well equipped - much better than other hotels which might only have 2 or 3 machines and call it a gym.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The shower head at the bath tub is too high...difficult to reach for short people like me.

The hotel itself is beautiful and it is like living in an art gallery. Breakfast is good. A good combination with different types of food. You can find chinese spring roll and porridge, and having Champagne & cheese for breakfast....i couldnt complaint any. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is good, it is quiet yet not too far to walk to those tourist attractions.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast lay out needs improvement - e.g a choice of eggs , more preserves etc

The staff was very efficient and arranged an early check in as I arrived early and was tired

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Staff doesn't offer the type of service you expect in a 5 star hotel, they don't make you feel comfortable. The room dinning menu is very poor, only a few selective options and they don't taste well enough compared to the price. In my opinion, the hotel doesn't deserve 5 stars. It's a nice 4 stars.

The breakfast is wonderful.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

A couple of rude staff, and rooms were quite warm, wife had issues with the slippery shower/bath combo. But all this said, it was a very classy hotel.

Most of the staff were very helpful with a great sense of humour

• Classic Double or Twin Room

A longer duvet would have allowed shoulders and feet to be covered at the same time. Had the bell person explained how to operate the window shades it would have avoided some frustration.

Included breakfast with good choices. Original artwork interesting.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing - would like to be able to afford it more often! My mother in law would have preferred to be a little more central.

Very luxurious stay, wonderful spa facilities. Treated myself to Bucks fizz every breakfast just because I could!. Underfloor heating in the bathroom a real treat.. A little out of the main drag but in a lovely quiet area with cobbled streets and blossom out every where - tram 6 very handy, caught from I Pavlova and you are in the midst of things with lovely views on the way. Expensive hotel but would love to stay again - couldn't fault it

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Nothing to report.

Pretty much everything. Kids and family friendly. Nice breakfast. Very decent restaurant. Clean and cousy. Very fashionable interior.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There should be more information about the city, nearby places at front desk and front desk staff should be more forthcoming to help.

Location was good, near to tram stop, peaceful area. Breakfast was good, restaurant staffs were very politr and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Not that much variety when it comes to breakfast, also some of the items that were in the room weren't cleaned daily or replaced (mugs..)

The bed was comfortable, and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Everything was great.

The front desk staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. In fact all the staff were excellent and the rooms were spotless. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything was clean, the room a bit small and without a view. The breakfast was ok, but could definately been better with more options. They did not serve pancakes or omelettes, which is usually the case in a good 5 star hotel. Other than that, everything was good!

This hotel is situated within a 20 minutes walk from the Old town in a quiet and safe neighborhood. The walk to the town was not bad at all, and if you prefer you can always take a taxi which takes 5 minutes. The spa was very nice and also the massage. I recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Dinner was superb. The waiter in the restaurant serving dinner was very pleasant, professional and warm. He spoke 7 languages and took time to speak to the guests in their different languages. It was a delight to have met him and experienced his service.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Extremely clean room and sheets. Beautiful decorations Excellent hotel facilities including fitting center (with sauna and jacuzzi) and library. Extraordinary breakfast selections. Exceptional reception staff with French noble style. The best. Can't love it more

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The location. It is difficult to get from the hotel to the old town without using the subway. Shampoo was supplied but no conditioner!

Staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was very luxurious. Breakfast which was included in the price was very good - good quality food with a wide range of choices

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We were upgraded to a beautiful suite at the Hotel. Total luxury. Staff were lovely and very professional. We had a fabulous time at the Hotel. A fabulous all round Hotel.

Browse Le Palais Art Hotel Prague traveller photo gallery