Reviews of Máchova 3 stars

Máchova 11, Prague, 12000, Czech Republic

#437 of 612 hotels in Prague

The wifi was a bit slow in my room.

I booked a superior room which was on the second floor. The bed was to die for, I would bring it home if I could and even the cushions which usually is a problem at hotels, were fantastic. There was good AC even though the description of the room said "fan".

• Suite

Staff was not really polite. Parking way too far away (1,2 Km). They change you money but with very high own commission.

It is located only 30 Minutes by foot from Charles bridge. Parking protected and free.

• Standard Single Room

Didn't have a lot of fresh fruits nor any crossiants for breakfast so a bit disappointed as i was a strict vegetarian

Staff was friendly & helpful

The smoking outside pateo is 25meters from the entrance to the breakfast hall, it was a bit too warm.

Their flexibility, kindness and responsiveness. We booked very last minute, as another hotel cancelled on us 2 hrs before arrival. We will go there again. Room is very fine and has all it needs. Please keep the AC remote in room

The upper floor rooms have windows in the roof with a lot of light early in the morning and no curtain. The sheets were dirty and with blood eww and this is not an option for a Hotel so this was a big dissapointment something that easy to clean the sheets evertime a guest leave. Do not recommend.

The Hotel is ok and the stuff is nice. The room is big and beds are confortable.

We had a very disappointing experience with the staff of the hotel. During the check out process we were informed that we hadn't pay for our stay. The problem is that I had paid the moment I booked the hotel 3 months before,and I had received a confirmation email from Booking and I had the deduction of the money on my bank statement. When I asked the woman at the reception to give me 2 minutes to find the confirmation email and the bank statement she just answered that I haven't paid and she stated the amount that I had to pay. Then I asked her again to give me 2 minutes and she kept repeating the amount that I had to pay. When I finally found the email and my bank statement she told me that that wasn't a proof of payment. We had to pay again and when I got back home I went to my bank and they confirmed that I had paid indeed. Right now, my bank has made a claim to take the money back but nevertheless, I have paid twice. They didn't even apologise and until I visited my bank I was under the impression that I had done something wrong with the payment, which wasn't the case. On top of that, when I booked the room I had a £15 credit to use from Booking and they made me pay the full amount as they didn't accept the credit I had available. There were other minor things such as the staff's enthusiasm (there was none) and the variety of breakfast food available.

Our room was very nice and comfortable

Stayed at Máchova before (my rate 8.8, 18 Nov 2017). Location is good not far from Náměstí Míru (metro, tram, all restaurants in Vinohrady, bars, nice parks) and easy to reach from Prague airport. Hotel: Very nice staff. Room was spacy and warm, outdoor temp -12 on Feb 28th. I had a nice room facing both streets Máchova and Varšavská. A double bed, clean bathroom, towels etc, also extra couch, good breakfast. Almost quoting myself since last stay: bacon and egg, roasted bread, salami, cheese, yoghurt, crisp muesli, juice, fruits, small cakes and good coffee from the espresso machine. Decided to visit Prague approx. two weeks before actual travel date. The hotel was almost fully booked. This time I focused on both city walks and jogging in the parks close to my hotel. Nearest is "Havlíčkovy sady", big enough for a nice and slow early walk in the morning or to challenge you for cardio traning such as running up and down in the park. During warmer seasons, think "wineyard"!. Also "Riegrovy sady", a few minutes from Náměstí Míru a bit north-west is a good option. Vitkov is more far away but the view from the National Memorial area is great! Also if you have more time, go visit the lovely park Stromovka, closest metro is Vltavská or Nádraží Holešovice. People were ice skating since there are small areas of water there, deeply frozen. (Or go to Letná within reach not far from the Prague Castle or via bridge from Prague 1). What differ's from last stay? Don't know for sure, really. It's only a rating of either 3 (smiling) or 4 (big smile) on the scale for 1 of 6 questions. (Didn't use WiFi, had my default 4G operator with EU roaming. And no shopping this trip).

Our room was small but we could expect that in Prague for this price. Parking is far from hotel.

Nice hotel with good location and excellent staff. Rooms are clean, breakfast is good.

• Standard Single Room

Parking - I did not notice on the booking.com page that the distance to the parking lot was mentioned. The fact is that the parking lot is situated about 20 minutes far by walk. Anyway parking is for hotel guests for free and it is in the property of another hotel - behing the gate and fence.

Although room was very tidy, for me enough. Bed was OK, bathroom older, but clean. Breakfast was OK as well. I must say the stuff was very friendly and helpfull.

Parking lot is in different hotel so u need to pay taxi to get there, would be nice if hotel has shuttle.

Location is great, only like 6 mins walk from subway or team. Breakfast was nice, basic.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Our room has no windows but a ceiling window. That made me feel claustrophobic.

Its location was good as there were restaurants, plenty of supermarkets and shops nearby. We even walked to the old town.

Quality of beds could be better. Internet connection sometimes not very stable, but still much better than previous years. Elevator only by 3rd floor. Only roof window in 4th floor (we've been in room 45). But, any of those minor annoyances is not really a big issue. Still good value for money, in particular if coming to Prague by car.

Not a big variety of food at breakfast, but everything I've tried quite tasty (better than previous years). Secure private parking not very close, but free of charge and still not too far away (about 1,5 km). City center within a walking distance, many interesting places (like advent markets at Náměstí Míru, Belehradska, Náměstí Jiřího z Poděbrad...), nice pubs and restaurants not too far away.

Horrible bed-our backs are still aching, matress should have been replaced years ago. Cleaners left our room wide open all day long. Unstable internet connection. We were not warned ahead of time about loud construction works that took place in the room above ours, including in the evening hours.

Good location. Low price. Good breakfast.

I prefer a bit more firm pillows but this was no big deal

As always hotels within approx. 5 minutes from Náměstí Míru are close to what you probably appreciate besides the hotel itself - restaurants, bars, public transport (both Metro and Tram). Or just having a nice walk in this very calm district of Prague. Check-in/check-out was fast. The staff is nice and friendly. Don't hesitate to have a chat with them. On a rainy day, I was taken care of to borrow an unbrella from the staff. My room with double beds+one extra bed was on 3rd floor towards the street Máchova, very clean and comfortable, bathroom with bathtube. The floors in the hotel are covered by broadloom so textile absorbs sounds. Usually I like to have breakfast at the hotel. You will find basic styled breakfast downstairs in a nice lighted room, bacon and egg, roasted bread, salami, cheese, yoghurt and crisp muesli, juice, fruits, small cakes and a good espresso machine. I was happy with this soft environment. Surroundings: I'm not in the need of +five star places, just google: namesti miru restaurace - and there you have it. Use your map/phone or just go into nice places where you walk by. If ppl smoke outside you will not be all alone at the restaurant and you see the types of guests too. I tried Vinoharadský parlament, Mlsnej kocour, Bruxx, Leggero Ristorante and there are many more... Try Czech style at Restaurace Kulový Blesk at Sokolská 13. At some places provide cash for payment, and tip. Just ask in advance if they accept card payment, most of them do of course. If you walk in the park Havlíčkovy sady you may have a glass of wine at Viniční altán. Young people always keep Monolok cafe busy (close location) and why not try Vinohradsky pivovar at Vinohradska 11 (a bit longer off city). Or trust the locals, check out the TasteOfPrague food blog etc https://www.tasteofprague.com/pragueblog/prague-off-the-beaten-path-vinohrady-district . Finally November may not show Prague from it's beautiest, it is still a lovely city.

Nice area, nice and clean hotelroom. Friendly stuff at the reception. Breakfast was also fine. Altogether a nice hotel I would reccomend to friends and family. Nice extra: toiletries with ecolabel!

Room clean, comfortable and fairly modern. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast exceeded our expectations. Location was very central (3 stops on metro to Old Town Square). We were able to store our luggage after we checked out. Would highly recommend.

The WiFi on the 4th floor wasn't good, and the parking is a 10-15 min walking distance from the hotel.

Then hotel is very clean, good location, nice staff. Breakfast was tasty and various.

• Standard Triple Room

Machova hotel is very nice small hotel which gives you a good night sleep after exploaring beautiful city of Prague. The beds are excellent and the breakfast gorgeous. Hotel stuff is always somewhere around but not in a away to annoy you. Highly recommend!

The Internet was not good. Pretty unstable. Don't expect too much in that department.

The hotel was fine for one night. The location wasn't great, but not bad either. All in all, it was a good experience.

it was too hot during initial days for which fan was required

The bed, the room was quite comfortable. however, it was pretty hot and I have to request for a table fan which was provided. I have ordered the baby cot which was already put in the room and the room was as shown in the photos. The breakfast was very good with lot of options.

• Standard Quadruple Room

We booked room for 4 persons and we booked a room with 4 single beds (it was the only avaiable at this moment). But in our room there were 2 double beds, suprising a little...

Even though they include parking on the premises, in reality the parking is three blocks away. Given that I know the city well, it wasn't difficult to find the parking, but how about tourists? The internet is very low. It is impossible to send an email. Air conditioner is needed as the rooms are stuffy and the cleaning lady keeps closing the windows. No plastic bags in the rubbish bin, no fresh unopened soap makes the place quite untidy. At the end of the day it is a hotel, charging as a hotel, not a youth hostel. TV is there, with only one channel (Chinese?) Breakfasts included are not tasty at all. Not at all...

Location-wise the hotel is amazing, Vinohrady is one of the best areas to stay in.

I didn't like the sympathy of most of the staff. I know that Czechs aren't know for their humor but only the receptionist was nice to us. The bed was double ("couple") but the blankets were small and separated. The room was very poor.

I liked the location of the hotel, it's very difficult to get the price I paid at this distance to the center of Prague. The hotel was cozy and warm.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Standard Single Room

I didn't like when they folded the duvet cover on the bed. It would be better if they made it properly so you could just slip into bed .

I very much liked the single room. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean,shower was good. There was good wardrobe and drawers to put things in. Overall really good room.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Fake announcements, no internet in room, no soap in bathroom, dusty blankets and bed not ok for allergic people, unfriendly staff, small breakfast room you had to wait sometimes some minutes for a table ...

The city of Prague

The bed was very comfortable - and sheets and towels changed daily. Reception staff were friendly and helpful and had good english. Tickets for metro available from front desk. Breakfast included in rate and was great value.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Could have been cleaned more carefully - there was a tube of some sort of cream that had been missed behind the curtain. The sink didn't drain very quickly which meant I ended up brushing my teeth in the bath.

Very conveniently located in a good neighbourhood - there are plenty of cafes and bars within 5 minutes of the property. Very reasonably priced for the area - compares favourably to hostel prices, even.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

- good location (10 minutes from the Prague Metro stop; great restaurants nearby) - clean room, nice staff, reception desk open 24/7 - good breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Standard Triple Room

I would appreciate if the stuff were to smile a bit more.

I liked the option of a free parking which we found very useful although it was around 10 minutes walk from the hotel we didn't mind that at all. It was very hard to find a central hotel at the price range with breakfast included and free parking. So overall this hotel offers great facilities at a good price.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Quadruple Room

The 3rd Wifi router was shared between 3rd and 4th floor resulting in very very weak or no wifi signal on the 4th floor. With loft converted rooms, walking straight on sides was a challenge. When outside temperature was below zero, inside was hot and using duvet was a remote chance, though there was no radiator in the room.

Staff were very nice and room was clean.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Breakfast with some more kind of sweet things. Last night,i noted my window was broken and so came cold wind.Was too late to say in the reception and change room.

Wi-Fi,near Metro and so ten minutes for old_town

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Standard Triple Room

Dust on the bed. Limited breakfast and parking at another hotel. Okay for one night, won't book if staying longer. Wrong phone number provided in booking.com hence the hotel could not be contacted earlier.

Nice staff and good internet speed.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The parking is available but 2 km away, which isn't so handy. The staff is not the most welcoming one

The location is good and I liked the place for breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Absolutely too small bathroom. Bed could be much better (in all aspects).

Free parking (about 1 km away!). Improved WiFi (very fast and reliable once you are connected; 1 of 3 available access points didn't work for me at all...) and breakfast room (comparing to my previous stay). Limited selection of food at breakfast, but OK for my taste. Location good enough - many interesting spots in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

We have got a room on ground floor, with windows directly to the street and people walking were looking into our room, it was little bit not comfortable !

Good location, near to metro, neat to Namestie Mieru, 15-20 minutes by walk to Vaclavske namestie

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Breakfast was ok but below average (especially the Nescafé coffee machine which used a lot of water and only a little bit of Nescafé coffee powder)

Cheap Hotel near Prague City Centre

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Standard Triple Room

The receptionist is very poor, pure racist would not recommend it for other race and by the way am British black by race.

Some staff were okay and make you fee comfortable

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Suite

Shampoo for hair, body, and hands washing was the same liquid. This bottle was adjusted next to the sink and there was no option to actually use it while having shower.

Good location, easy access to the center via tram or metro.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

the curtains aren't dark enough so you can't sleep till late...

5-7 minutes walking to Metro station. 40 minutes walking by foot to city center. Fair breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Standard Triple Room

Wifi is practicly nonexistent in rooms. Third bed in triple rooms is not really bed, it is sofa and it's narrow and very hard. There is no adequate bedding for double bed and if you need two pillows, there is spare one in cabinet, but maids will not bring you second pillowcase. Breakfast bread is often day or two old.

The hotel is in really nice and quiet neighborhood, close to metro and tram. It is not too expencive, so for shower and sleep, but not much else, it is good value for money deal.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The minibar did not work. We mentioned it three times and nothing happened. The wifi is very poor, it only works in the lobby.

The location of the hotel is very good. The receptionist speaks english. The orange juice was fresh and tasty. The bathroom was clear.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

small room for the money, not clean enough (hairs on carpet, dust on bed frame), squeezing bed. not a good value for the money paid.

good location, staff is ok, proper wifi

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The staff at checkout time were not nearly as friendly but maybe our standards were a little higher than usual after having such a warm greeting.

We arrived late at night and the man at the front desk was unbelievably warm, welcoming and helpful! If you stay at this property, I recommend you arrive at night just so that you can be greeted by him! He made our night. The bathroom is small but sufficient, the breakfast spread was great and the location was easy to get to, it was a short walk to the rail station.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

The hotel tried to move me to another hotel on arrival as they had overbooked. I pushed to stay, it was late and I was hot and tired from work. The room had no air conditioning. Breakfast was a little poor.

The lady on reception was okay. Location is good and a 10 minute walk from the centre.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Standard Single Room

I was stunned when the receptionist told me that , I can not pay with credit card if the bill is less than 500 CZK.The last day when I have to leave the hotel I wanted to pay the bill for consumed beverages in my room(these ones in the fridge of my room) with credit card but because the bill was less than 500CZK (I had to pay 240 CZK) , the receptionist advised me to buy something from the hotel and I was forced to buy low quality vodka(Absolut vodka) in order to be able to pay with credit card.As end result I paid 940 CZK instead of 240 CZK. She told me that, her boss ordered to do this because the bank has some charges for these transactions.

The location of that hotel is good and the price is not expensive.Keep in mind that there is not any air conditioner in the rooms , it is a little bit noisy because the hotel is situated on crossroad.

The Wi-Fi Signal is weak.

No air conditioning, uncomfortable at night, but windows opened for a little breeze

Clean and breakfast room

Everything was nice.

Parking.

Not much..

• Standard Triple Room

Breakfast is very excellent.

• Suite

Very nice hotel in a quiet part of Prague but with lots of small bars nad cafes. 10 min walk to a metro and tram station. Good breakfasts!

• Standard Single Room

I traveled during Eastern so at times, especially during Easter Sunday in the evening the Wifi was slow.

Good breakfast, nice staff and nice room.

The matrace was bad. The was not parking possibility at the hotel.

The receptionist was exrtemely kind and flexible.

• Superior Single Room

Wi-Fi connection was terrible.

free parking

Parking 15 minutes away by foot

Clean room and very comfortable bed, good breakfast.

The wifi wasn’t working. They said they have free parking but it was 1,5 km away. Poor breakfast.

Good location, comfortable room.

Parking was very far from the hotel

good for Business

Could have been coffee and tea facilities in the room .I like tea when I wake up but had to wait and go down stairs.

Breakfast and peace and quiet

WiFi didn't work.

Good for a night or two. Good location. Quite a lot of restaurants near the hotel. Free parking

Wifi extremely weak

Helpful staff, very clean

Parking was far from hotel 20mn walk

Organized & well located. 20 mn walking distance to city centre.

• Standard Single Room

A very weak internet, also I was asked to pay even that it was paid 3 months ago. A very small room.

The room was cleaned and the bed was comfortable.

Was poor wifi, last day was not working at all

Good price, good location. Very good breakfast. Good staff

the attitude of staff,friendly,helpfull,caring,spotlessly clean,warm,bed changed every day,faboulous,you must try it

• Standard Triple Room

Everything about the room was as expected. Breakfast was nice. Clean, comfortable, and great staff.

Free parking was in 15 minutes of walking. Very nice

• Standard Triple Room

very good location and very friendly and accomodating staff

Breakdast very poor

Beds are comfortable even the third one

Lack of wall sockets

The location The receptionist The size of the room

• Deluxe Quadruple Room

Good location, clean room, good breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

The shower head

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean

• Standard Single Room

Was very hot in the Hotel room.

Good Communication by bus and train example from airport.

parking at 15 minutes from the hotel