Reviews of Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery By Sofitel 4 stars

Na Poříčí 7, Prague, 110 00, Czech Republic

#71 of 612 hotels in Prague

Gorgeous hotel in the heart of the city!
    • Classic Queen Room

Unfortunately staff were a little under pressure on the second day we were there and not only would they not give us much information about the bus tour, they also sold a bus ticket to one of our party which we were then told by bus tour company was not valid so it meant they had to rush back to hotel to get this sorted. We felt like we were a nuisance. The hotel is so fancy and the decor so nice I thought the threadbare small towels were a bit of a let down! Nice big fluffy towels would fit in much better! Only a minor thing!!

Myself and others in our group thought the hotel was fabulous and would definitely stay again if in Prague or with this chain of hotels elsewhere. We were travelling to celebrate a significant birthday of one of our group. I had told the hotel this and I thought it was such a lovely touch that they had a bottle of sparkling wine waiting in his room upon arrival. This was so nice! Checking in was straightforward and as planned and lady at reception that evening was lovely. Breakfast was top quality and there was so much choice. Breakfast staff were so friendly and went above and beyond. The hotel is really centrally located and just steps away from a huge amount of shops if you're there for the shopping and a 10 or 15 minutes stroll to the Old Town Square. Lovely bedrooms with high ceilings giving a spacious feel. Everyone commented on how comfortable the beds were. We had drinks one night and dinner the other in a restaurant directly across the road. Again we were really impressed with service, food and drink! I'd highly recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The location is really good for walking tour in Prague.
    • Classic Queen Room

It is little hard to take a taxi and uber because the road in front of the hotel is too narrow

The location is really good for walking tour in Prague. Also, room was really comfortable and clean.

Loved it!

Nothing not to like!

I loved the location of the hotel, its not exactly in old town but 5 minutes walk so I'm close but not in the middle of the hustle and bustle which I loved. Also close to some shopping streets. The staff were amazing and all smiles and our stay was very comfortable.

Breakfast n restaurant is v good and comfortable.
    • Classic Twin Room

I was relaxing at my room afternoon time and suddenly the cleaning lady opened the door and asked f we need cleaning.i lost then my trust how for a staff n a hotel to enter a guest room without nocking the door.

Breakfast n restaurant is v good and comfortable. I loved the location it’s exactly next to palladium shopping mall.

friendly welcome , comfortable room , good breakfast and a vg base for my stay in prague. thank you.
    • Classic Queen Room

nothing. i would certainly choose this hotel again.

prague is big so i suppose there are many sites which are vg. however na porici seemed vg for me and with the trams everywhere is accessible. reception was friendly and helped me by phoning ibis next door with my parking. they made sure i was welcomed. room was big , shower vg and breakfast was all you wanted with a big variety of hot and cold. omelettes made fresh for you .very clean and tidy and i was pleased i had made this choice. an interesting point is , this is where the assurance company offices that frank kafta worked and they have a couple of postcards showing his name and there is a small statue of him in reception.

Great time on Prague
    • Classic Twin Room

the room is too small the breakfast has no variety same everyday

the staff are friendly and helpful location is near the shopping center and near tourist attractions

Convenient hotel for sight seeing and shopping. Would recommend.

The bathroom could have been a little larger. One thing that was unpleasant was an odor or aroma in the front hall. It may have been meant to freshen the air, but it was too penetrant.

The hotel was very accommodating. I requested two quiet rooms (I was traveling with my son) near each other. This was delivered. Even though it was not hot during our stay, I used the air conditioning for sleep. This worked well. For me, the best thing in the room was the bed - very comfortable. The people at reception were pleasant and helpful.

Good hotel in excellent location.
    • Classic Twin Room

The rooms and ensuite are small but still nice.

Nice hotel in an excellent location, close to palladium shopping centre and all the major sites were within walking distance. The bar was nice and wine prices were reasonable.

We enjoyed our stay immensely and would recommend it to anyone.
    • Classic Queen Room

The bed was too soft for our liking but once we took the pillow top off it was better. The room was too warm and the air conditioning didn't solve the problem. However as we were on the third floor we could open the window.

The hotel was very conveniently situated within walking distance of Old Town Square. The room was very elegantly furnished if a little small. The complimentary breakfast was excellent.j

Sofitel experience in heart of Prague
    • Classic Queen Room

1. Small room, far from elevators, this is not standard for Sofitel. I stayed for 5 days not even word from manager or other staff to ask me how was my stay 2. No wardrobe, no hanger, no desk. I needed to use nightstand to work with computer. 3. Everytime I arrived at my room I started sneezing, so went to drugstore to buy nasal steroid. 4. Cold staff. Only warm and welcoming people was folks at breakfast room and bellboy. 5. Generic advice from local staff and concierge. I was expecting a more personal and tailored discussion about ideas and itineraries: staff was dry and not so welcoming. Please retrain your staff urgently otherwise you will loose clients. 6. No fridge or minibar, no free bottles of water after second day.

Bed is of superb quality, pillows large and very very clean. Bathroom very functional and spotlessly clean. Amenities are standard and of good quality although I am not fan of that Lanvin scent. Breakfast is ok and part of Sofitel quality. My luggage did not arrive on the flight, asked staff to help me, they made a copy and informed me later bag was to be delivered on same evening!! I had some blisters after too much walking asked front desk blond lady where could find pharmacy: She did not hesitate: went to her drawer, got a box of bandaid and gave me some!!AWESOME!!!

Great value close to everything
    • Classic Queen Room

They gave us a bottle on complimentary water on the first day but it would have been nice to receive one each day we stayed. The bed also wasn't the most comfortable. I think it was a bit too soft for me but someone else may find it perfect.

We stayed here for three nights and the hotel is in a great location to explore Old Town. The room is small but it was exactly like the pictures. The hotel brekky was great with plenty of options.

Generally nice hotel in good location at reasonable rate.
    • Classic Twin Room

The aircondition in the room was very loud and did not work well.

Generally nice hotel in good location at reasonable rate. I liked to calm in lobby, nice and quiet.

Very little to complain about at the property although the...
    • Classic Queen Room

Very little to complain about at the property although the wifi was impossible in our room. We could only connect down at breakfast or near reception.

Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and made...
    • Classic Queen Room

Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and made extra effort when we arrived to ensure we knew where everything was. Location and facilities at the hotel are excellent. Breakfast was very good, and the croissants were the best of the entire trip.

The location was perfect.

Wish we could've gotten a better view of the town. Or anything. Our windo opened into a blank wall. And I also booked a suite. And view was equally bad. Though both the rooms I got were on the top floors.

The location was perfect. Right in the heart of the city centre with everything just a walk away. And the staff was excellent and room service was good. The concierge also helped us with sightseeing tours and things to do in the city. So it was really useful. The

Great location for explorations of Prague.

Room was small.

Great location for explorations of Prague. The hotel is beautiful. Rooms were small enough that it was a bit tight, but they were beautifully appointed and the hotel maximized the amenities.

Gorgeous Old Town Art Nouveau Glam with French Hospitality and Flair
    • Classic Twin Room

The interior decor is so artfully tasteful, you get the feeling you are in an art-nouveau design magazine from the past with all the modern amenities. The bathroom was a bit squinched for space, but the room was well laid out for efficiency. The staff were so helpful and accommodating, and you can't get a better location for soaking up the Old Town beauty of Prague. Make sure to ask for the history of Kafka's office suite. I loved the K signature on the wall of our room - excellent touch!

Relax for a century

We stay up late and sleep in. We put the do not disturb sign on our door but housekeeper knocked on our door and woke us up anyway.

Walking into the hotel from the loud busy street just felt good. It was cool, quiet, fragrant, generating an immediate relaxation.

Definite 5 star experience!!
    • Classic Twin Room

Breakfast, although amazing, was too expensive at 19 euros with no lesser options. They offered a discount to €16 which we took the first morning and enjoyed the buffet very much. But, there are many good places to eat for much less.

Everything from location, service, comfort, cleanliness and facilities!!

great old town hotel
    • Classic Twin Room

No dresser or drawers for storage

Lovely room. Downside little storage space..no drawers..no dresser so two suitcases in one room a problem. however, loved the hotel, breakfast and the ease of walking to everything

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Compact room but full function
    • Classic Queen Room

Hotel locates in the old town, center of Prague, where you can easily start your day trip in Prague whether by walk and right next to the Palladium mall which offers very good dining and shopping options. Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. This beautiful hotel in Prague old town was very good choice.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The room had no openable windows.
    • Classic Queen Room

The room had no openable windows. There was no fresh air. The A/C produced only warm air, not helping much, at same time giving a lot of noise. The breakfast was not good enough for it's price, lacking both quality and variety.

Great hotel in a wonderful location
    • Classic Queen Room

The air freshener they use at the entrance hall smells like man's locker room after a football match. What's up with that??

This hotel is great! The location superb, the room big and comfy. The room was ready for us at 10:30 am which was great after a night flight. Wonderful shower. Good variety at breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stylish hotel close to Old town Prague

The receptionist takes far too long to check in guests, check-out was equally painful.

Beautiful room, very spacious and stylish hotel. Close to the old town. The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Extremely disappointing and we won't be returning!!
    • Classic Queen Room

Under major refurbishment which we were not advised of. Of the renovations that had been completed they have ruined what was a lovely hotel and a favourite of ours into a modern box with no character. Bedrooms were ridiculously small and very, very hot as no cool air conditioning in winter period we were told! We will not be returning.

City good. People rude

As above

Breakfast was good. Staff helpful. Room hadnt been fully cleaned when we booked in still had slippers and half bottle of water and used soap. Twin beds instead of double.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Century Old Town, good choice to explore touristic Prague
    • Classic Queen Room

We faced an apperantly short term inconvenience in the reception, since hotel is renovating.

High quality service, very attentive and friendly service. Efficient (small) room well equipped and good sleeping comfort ; same applies for bathroom: small but well equipped (no bath)

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Great Location
    • Superior King Room

Staff low if you arrive late or very early. No one offered to take our bags at 11pm we carried it ourselves

Interior deco very nice. Ombre curtains and high stucco ceilings in bedrooms. Rooms very warm as well. Charles Bridge 17min walk, near Municipal House & Mucha Museum (10 mins walk)

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

comfortable stay at an excellent location
    • Classic Twin Room

the bathroom had no heater and was cold;

staff had been able to provide assistance for our requests such as printing boarding passes, weighing our luggage and reserving a restaurant for us; food was good

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Everything terrific except for toiletries
    • Classic Twin Room

Toiletries are awful. It's like bathing in Pinesol cleaning fluid. The soap, shampoo, shower gel....everything. there was no conditioner offered either.

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, and bountiful breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Historic stay
    • Classic Queen Room

The desk staff asking for a tip when checking out!!

Breakfast was good and value for money. The hotel is on the edge of the tourist area which is good because Prague is just inundated with tourists milling about and drinking in the central area.

Brilliant
    • Classic Queen Room

Absolutely everything there is not one thing I could fault

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The room
    • Classic Twin Room

I had reservation for twin bed and the breackfast for one persone not for two

The room

Luxury Hotel and will coming back

Shower room too small.

Comfortable room and bed,

Cleanness and location
    • Classic Twin Room

The size of bathroom is small

Cleanness and location

Excellent location with staff that lack hospitality!
    • Classic Queen Room

Staff not cordial Given a room with special toilet equipped for special need. It was not siutable for me.

Overall good.
    • Classic Queen Room

Overall good. Good breakfast, bar, location& friendly quick easy staff to deal with

Near the old town and mall centre

Near the old town and mall centre

Comfortable beds

Small rooms

Comfortable beds

Decor was beautiful!
    • Classic Twin Room

Decor was beautiful!!! Great service!!!

Weekend trip
    • Classic Queen Room

Lovely breakfast and excellent gluten free bread and cake

Wonderful!
    • Classic Queen Room

No where to put my clothes! No drawers! 6 days of living out of a suitcase is unpleasant. No milk for my coffee.

Staff were wonderful!

Location ,helpful and friendly staff ,clean room , excellent...

Location ,helpful and friendly staff ,clean room , excellent breakfast

Location is key

Staff are helpful but aren't very cheerful.

Location, new rooms

Brilliant! Perfect place to stay in Prague.
    • Classic Queen Room

We loved the room, the friendly staff and the breakfast was exceptional.

Extremely comfy bed, excellent location and the breakfast...
    • Classic Queen Room

Extremely comfy bed, excellent location and the breakfast was perfect.

memorable weekend in prague

no comment

two aspects differentiate this hotel from others, Kafka inspired design and a special attention to women guests (inspired by her)

Excellent location, nice hotel

Bed, breakfast

Nice stay living up to expectation.
    • Classic Twin Room

Airco didn't work, had to open the window to lower temperature.

Good spacious rooms, nice staff, good breakfast.

Great location, lovely room

Great location, lovely room

Location is excellent, close to all the main destinations.
    • Classic Twin Room

Location is excellent, close to all the main destinations. The staff are all nice and the service is timely. I would highly recommend

Excellent hotel comfortable rooms good food and central location

Bar staff a little slow

Comfortable bed/room food excellent

This hotel was fine, just not quite where I thought it would be. Restaurants, tram and mall nearby.
    • Classic Twin Room

Not quiet in Old Town, near but not in the old section.

Rooms were small but nicely appointed.

Amazing full breakfast, very kind and welcoming staff, nice...
    • Classic Twin Room

Room was too hot during night

Amazing full breakfast, very kind and welcoming staff, nice position, very silent room, full comforts

Good value, good location
    • Classic Queen Room

Very comfy bed, nice breakfast, good lcoation

Comfy beds, great shower & excellent range for breakfast

Comfy beds, great shower & excellent range for breakfast

• Classic Twin Room

Not enough storage, shelves etc.

Location, staff

Room was too small.

Room was too small.

Superb

No swimming pool

Superb... near tourist attraction

- location.
    • Superior King Room

- rooms are a bit small. - no lock in the hotel bathroom.

- location. - very nice smelling hotel.

• Superior King Room

Great location, near to mall and friendly staff

Some space for shirts and blouses nothing else to put...
    • Superior King Room

Some space for shirts and blouses nothing else to put clothing in

Prime location, clean and quiet
    • Superior King Room

Location is very good Helpfu and very nicel staff

Overall an excellent hotel.

Room a bit small

Location!

General feeling

Size of room and bathroom for triple occupancy

General feeling

Nice design

Rooms a little small

Nice design

The room was cold and the heaters didn't works.
    • Classic Queen Room

The room was cold and the heaters didn't works. Very small room

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The bed like a cloud!
    • Classic Queen Room

A place to settle down with my friends to play cards, or drink something in order to make our program of the day

The bed like a cloud!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Lovely hotel, easy reach of city centre
    • Classic Queen Room

Bar was under renovation, bit of a disappointment

Very modern and aesthetically pleasing

The staff were helpful and friendly
    • Classic Queen Room

Thee fact that Booking.Com had not confirmed my booking with the hotel

The staff were helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great hotel!
    • Classic Queen Room

Great hotel! Nothing else to say. Everything was perfect. Just go there and enjoy it:)!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Acknowledged my 50th birthday with a little gift.

Acknowledged my 50th birthday with a little gift. Very nice touch

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

the staff was very friendly and helpfull.
    • Classic Queen Room

the staff was very friendly and helpfull. Perfect location!

Nice hotel in the center of Prague
    • Classic Queen Room

Nice breakfast buffet and all the hotel was clean and supported by very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016