Reviews of Na Ostrově 3 stars

Na Ostrově 816, Beroun, 266 01, Czech Republic

#12 of 13 hotels in Beroun

Decent budget option
    • Basic Double Room

Breakfast is supposed to run until 10am but twice I went down once at 9.20am and they were packing it away, and once at 9.30am and everything had gone! The lady running the breakfast let me go round the back and pick what i wanted but really they should keep it open until 10am like they say, or else, tell guests it's fnished after 9 having to chase staff to find out what happened. Also there are very few staff (or guests) around. The 'only 5 rooms left' you may be informed of o online is clearly inaccurate as the hotel was mostly empty explaining the lack of staff and the keenness to put it all away as soon as possible. I'd like to see the pool table uncovered too, it is a shame that guests don't get to use it.

Large clean rooms, good reception staff, reliable wifi, quiet location. Good rate and seems to be a solid choice. Although it wasn't the most stylish I think it was a good hotel for this price and it was located just a few minutes from the centre.

outdated, terrible, not recommended, serving spoiled food, dirty room at check in not cleaned
    • Budget Twin Room

Worst Hotel I have ever been, this hotel is frozen in time about 20-30 years ago, probably during that time they spend last money for renovation. When we arrived 1h before check-in we were told that room is not ready and need to wait, no problem with that but after coming back to hotel to check in we walked into the room and when I have opened the door first I thought that I entered some one else room (see the pictures why) Trash can full of trash, old bed sheets scrambled on the bed, dirty towels in bathroom and plenty stains on carpet. We asked receptionist for other room she said no other rooms available where behind here there was wall full of keys and no one except of us was in the right wing of the hotel (for 3 days I have not seen living being on this side of the hotel) We asked for manager and were told that manager is not available (no wonder why they don't care about hotel nor the guests). Food during breakfast (see picture) in the cake I found fungus!!! I am glad I did not bit that and good that I did not get sick for eating rest of it, except that next day I found rotten oranges. I highly do not recommend this place!

Good hotel with great location.
    • Budget Twin Room

There is no airconditioning so it gets hot in the rooms. If traveling in the summer get a room facing east so that you don't get the afternoon sun.

The location, cleanliness and comfort were great. Good breakfast. Very quiet for a good night sleep. 2 minute walk to main square with shops and restaurants. Located on a river.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Decent choice for a short stay

The hotel itself is somewhat dated, renovations would be good. Breakfast is average if we had more time we'd rather eat out.

The location is good and there is a free outside parking. Good for a short stay if you have things to do in Beroun.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

A good base to explore Bohemia from.

Erratic kitchen opening times were irritating, but not a major problem. It would be nice if they had a bar, but having a drink in the restaurant wasn't exactly a problem.

Helpful staff. Good location. Very good food. Excellent value for money.

I am glad it was short

Shabby, overpriced...

View of the river

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Good value for your money

Furniture and TV bit outdated

Nice and clean hotel. Members of staff were very nice. Good breakfast

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.