Reviews of Hotel Nabucco 4 stars

Ctiradova 16, Prague, 14000, Czech Republic

#463 of 612 hotels in Prague

Breakfast is not very good. During the week there wasn't much to choose from but it was better during the weekend. The coffee machine was often out of coffee and the juice machine as well. The cheese and ham etc. looked like they had been out for quite some time and were sweaty and/or dry (depending on the type of topping). For a country that has such delicious variety of fresh fruit the breakfast could do with more of it. Also, it should be more clear in the hotel description that the hotel is placed right by a very, very busy and noisy train station which is not very nice when you are trying to get some sleep.

The staff was extremely nice and helpful and the rooms are very nice. It is close to tram stations that can take you anywhere in the city.

No air-conditioning if you decide to book your stay during the summer you won't be able to sleep they only provide a cheap fan Pictures of the hotel shown on websites are different to reality. No English channels on TV I never saw someone having fun in the bar. Always was close 90% staff didn't speak even basic English From the airport to the hotel is more than an hour using bus, metro and tram

Breakfast is good Location is good but definitely not amazing you can be in the centre in 20 minutes by tram.

• Deluxe Double Room

-it was harder to communicate with inter. receptionist, he did not understand very good CZ/SK language; the invoice was than issued with some small grammar incorrections -I was stopped in the morning of departure by the receptionist, that I have to wait until they check my room. I have never met in any hotel of your category with such procedure. Because of this I was late 5 minutes for already waiting taxi and had to pay for being late. Who will reimburse me these costs? -not very quiet area for sleeping - trains are passing just next to the hotel -no scrambled eggs for breakfast, not rich choice of bread -no body lotion in the room -no make-up pads and ear pads in the room

-very good bed

• Deluxe Double Room

Not enough space in private parking. You have to leave your car keys on reception, because of space. They’re moving your car, when situation is needed. And private parking is expensive.

Very very nice breakfast. Dog friendly hotel. Not bad location, near of the tram stops. A lot of space in the room.

• Classic Suite

- bed was too short - staff only tried to help but couldn’t do anything - I didn’t receive a receipt for a parking - somebody damaged my car when keys for car was given to reception desk and noone can say who did it - room has two enterances - main and through the bathroom... - hotel is 20 meters from railways so it was noisy at night - no AC (so window must be open at night) - bathroom

- breakfast

• Family Room

The location itself is not that inviting (reconstructions, train station), however, we had no issues.

Lovely, spacious room and bathroom. Delicious and wide ranged breakfast. Staff was really friendly. Special thanks to Lenka who did her best to help us and reply to all our questions. She really did the extra mile to make the stay a great memory. Several tram stops are close to the hotel (5 minutes on foot).

The locality of the Hotel might not be the most beautiful or safest one, the door had a gap, level between apartment on the pictures and simple rooms is too big.

All was clean and simple. It is OK to stay overnight without high expectations. Nice design of rooms.

we ask for separated beds in double room but they give me bed assembly when we check in and they promise that will make beds separated but they did not do. My friend and i sleep two nights together in bed. we found in the room empty botle below bed , beed sheets was torn. about location...its arround 3.5km from down town and hotel its across railway tracks so ...YOU CAN'T SLEEP IN THE MORNING BECAUSE TRAINS PASS EVERY 2 MIN.

breakfast is ok, staff is friendly

• Deluxe Double Room

One thing that happened in the end of our stay spoiled our impression. The check-out time was 12:00. At 11:55 we received a call from the reception. The lady told us if we don't check-out on time, we would have to pay. We were ready anyway but we could need 3 minutes more to leave the room relaxed. I travel a lot and it was never a problem to check out 5-10 minutes later. I asked the lady if we still have 10 minutes (in this case check-out would be at 12:05). She said NO, if we check out after 12:00, we would need to pay (around 10 EUR). What kind of 4 stars hotel treats the guests like this? You have to tell this information at least 1 hour before the check-out time, so that your guests have enough time, and NOT 5 minutes before check-out. In the end we had only stress, we leaved the room exactly on 12:00 and even an employee came to the room at 12:00 to check if we were out. As if we were kids in the school and broke something... I would never stay in this hotel again and would not recommend it to my friends. Besides this, we discovered some hairs on the chair. There was a tea-kettle on the table but no socket for it. Curtains were not dark enough, so the room was very bright in the early morning. There was a big rust mark in the bath.

I am really well pleased that i have chosen this Hotel. From my first decision to get pic up from the Airport from the driver Liberato to the last second Liberato bring me back to the Airport i felt warm heartily welcome and securely. Liberatos smile on his face was coming from his heart when we meet first and i just knew he is an honest gay. And this just continued. Every receptionist Alexsey, Almedina, Dalibor and Daniel were so friendly and open to every question. It was a pleasure to meet them all. The Rooms were big and the beds not to soft. And thanks to the Roomladys very clean! The breakfast multiplex and delicate. And i just can recommend a massage with the egyptian Nur. Never experienced such a sensitivity like this before from a masseur!!! I will remember this pleasant experience for a very long time. Thanks to everyone!!!

• Classic Suite

The room is cold, manager of the hotel is not responsible, We stayed there two nights, but we got our belongings stolen ! I know it sounds ridiculous but it really happened ! And the manager of hotel did not believe us and treat us vey rudely !!! I will never suggest anyone to book this hotel !!!

Only thing which I feel good for this hotel is that the girls from reception is quite nice and friendly

• Deluxe Double Room

I have no complaints after staying here-would thoroughly recommend, and was great value for money.

Nabucco was clean, had modern furnishing in the rooms, and Martin, one member of staff, was particularly excellent. Also had fabulous transport links, with a tram stop just around the corner from the entrance.

• Family Room

The hotel is situated in a bad area quite far for town. The wifi connection was terrible on the 4th floor.

The staff was very helpful escpecially with the transport arrangements. The breakfast was really good.

• Family Room

Poor wi-fi connection, rooms look better on pictures than in reality, although hotel is located in nice area, surroundings are quite depressing (construction works, abandoned cars and buildings, near the railroad tracks)

Good breakfast

• Family Room

The area around the hotel is very old and worn. But we never felt unsafe.

The staff was much more polite and helpful than I’ve ever experienced before! We wanted to change our airport transport but the driver didn’t have the time. We couldn’t have a refund and we didn’t have any cash left for another cab. The receptionist announced that they would cover our expences and made us a Nabucco special - a very delicious cocktail - for us to drink while we waited! We booked a private spa with champagne and it was so cheap and cozy - the waiter took very good care of us with candle lights and fresh towells. I give my best recommendations to the staff!!! It was very cheap for us to stay there and it was including breakfast which was with a variority of bread, sausage, eggs, fruit, juice, coffee and cake.

• Family Room

They wanted to charge me 3 euro extra charge for paying with card. They charged me family room rate, even I traveled alone and the hotel was not fully booked. But they were not willing to change my room type.

Very nice hotel staff

I love the hotel staff and service what they offer. Important to say that it is really very close to the CENTRE! only 10MINS by tram and the price is very good - so much better than in the city center... so I will come again and again =)

I love the breakfast and rooms in hotel Nabucco. This was my second time and I have enjoyed again. Staff in the restaurant is smiling all the time, receptionist are very kind and helps me with all the stuff. Room is very big and comfortable, wifi works well. Thank you

The location: View to railways. Sadly furnished attic. Small shower gel not being refilled because of lack of cleaning ladies. Absolutely not a 4star hotel!!

Location a bit further out than hoped but still only 15 min on tram. Room a little stuffy and didn't feel comfortable leaving window open over night as opened onto a flat roof. That being said never felt unsafe.

Hotel was very clean and reception staff very good and friendly

Old wooden windows in bathroom. The hotel is very close to the railway and you could hear the trains passing by; pretty loud even at night; they woke us several times. The TV had problems with the signal. The fridge also made some noise, we would turn it off at night. They did not provide slippers, which was quite needed. Also a major thing, the conversion into CZK of the amount of money written by booking in euro was unexpected (28 czk = 1 euro). We expected that the small spa that they have would be free, but also this was chargeable.

The breakfast was good, confy bed, very clean sheets, pretty large rooms. Good wifi. Good temperature in the room.

Very nice room, comfort bed, quiet. Breakfast with a lot of choice, very good coffee. Design of the hotel is different you feel warm. I love paintings on the wall. Very good connection to the centre.

This is my second stay at hotel Nabucco. Im a business traveler and this hotel gives me all the time satisfaction. Staff friendly, rooms clean, wifi good, breakfast tasty, close to the city centre. Thank you

• Deluxe Double Room

Twin beds, view to the nearby train tracks, noise of the trains passing through the nearby train tracks (at night as well), dry bread rolls for breakfast, pitch dark corridor upon exiting the lift on our floor, dated room equipment (tiles, paint, furniture)

The staff were exceptionally helpful and kind.

to long and to difficult for staff to prepare the bill and payment; no possibility of a cumulative bill with a single cumulative payment

we have to leave earlier than stated breakfast time, but anyway they have prepared a good breakfast for us.

• Deluxe Double Room

We arrived by car and park on the secured parking place. Receptionist was very nice and gave us a lot of infos where to go to eat and drink. There is very nice park where you can go to run in the morning and after you can take italian coffee on the lobby bar. Thank you.

I had very nice stay in Prague, all the staff was very friendly. Lobby bar is opened 24hrs and Wifi works in the room so you can work there. The room is very spacious and quite. Everything clean with nice design. Will come back !

Bellissimo! Hotel Nabucco e numero UNO! we had amazing stay there. Breakfast was very very good, rooms big, clean and bed very comfortable. They have puppies there they are so lovely.) With tram 11 you can go to Muzeum and you are in the centre. What I really appreciate is the Design of the hotel- very nice-feel italian style mixed with musical details. I would like to say thank you to all receptionist and management.

It was lovely stay. Hotel Nabucco creates special atmosphere, staff all the time very friendly and smiling, room very clean and bed very comfortable. Breakfast has a lot of choice of home made sweet-pancakes,cakes, muffins. Centre is only 10mins far with tram and in front of hotel is beautiful park where you can relax. Thumb UP!

It was realy nice stay in hotel Nabucco. Everyone with smile, very tasty breakfast, and very close to the centre with tram 11. Wifi works well and SPA was bonus.

• Family Room

Breakfast was so-so. Room was not as colourful as all the photos. Ours was completely white. Clean though. Staff was really not friendly; not to us at least. No clear explanation of where to buy bus tickets. We managed though.

Great safe parking. Great to have a room ensuite, so kids and us both had some privacy. Quite a nice area with a nice pub, cheap Italian restaurant etc.

• Family Room

not so good, carpet is dusty. Hotel is in front of the railway and noisy when train passed by. Elevator is intermittently not working and i need to bring my bags downstair during checkout.no aircondition only electric fan. not recomended for family travel.

foods are delicious.

I'm sorry but I don't really understand how the hotel got 4 stars because in a way that combined with the very nice pictures, is misleading. -There was no air conditioning in the rooms but only fans, which we actually used but then next day our baby was sick, when we wanted to change the hotel they did not let us leave without paying the whole stay, so we had to stay - Very noisy because it's next to a railway track, altough they say it's not at night but the truth is that it is noisy and also if you need to have the windows open then it's even worse. - The area is not really nice, you don't really feel safe. In the restaurant, if you are still sitting and having your brakfast after 10h, they almost want to kick you out and remind you that the restaurant is closed after 10 am. - Furniture at least the one in our room, was veeeeery old and not that well mantained. It was a very negative experience so I hope they do something about this and obviously not going there again and will never recommend it to anyone.

- For parking service they ask you to leave the car keys at the reception. - Old furniture and no air condition, they include a fan in the room. - Location is somehow creepy, in a remote area of prague near the railway - I did not stay there after all. Sorry :(

It was clean and the staff is friendly

Nothing I didn't like, I was really happy here.

This is an excellent hotel my fave in 6 European city's travelled. Great value for money, good facilities, great breakfast love the Italian breakfast manager, rooms good size, bathrooms brilliant! All with friendly staff😊 What more could you want!? It's a 15 minute tram ride into Prague, but it's easy with 2 tram stop options not even 5 minutes away.

There is no air conditioning in the room, which is a nessecity for may to July.

The staff was very friendly. The bathroom was big and clean unlike other hotels I have stayed in Europe.

• Deluxe Double Room

The location was terrible. Somewhat close to transit but the walk to the transit was through a run down, and intimidating neighborhood. Not a place to take a stroll in the evenings.

The staff was friendly. And helpfully.

On going construction around.

Ms Katka at the reception made all the difference with her exceptional customer centric ever willing n smiling ready to help attitude. She deserve all our praise for a wonderful experience at the Nabucco n Prague. May God bless her...

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

We loved the staff and the hotel because we were treated like family. We were 11 people all together and Monica was always there available for us. I couldn't tell you anything bad about the hotel or the employees. The breakfast was awesome and it was different every day and thats a big plus. When we needed a taxi from the hotel to somewhere and back all we did was call Monica or the front desk and we were picked up whiting 5 minutes at no extra charge. At the front desk they have awesome people, we interact with 3 different employees at the front desk during our time there and all of them were awesome. I wish every hotel was like hotel Nabucco.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The staff were extremely helpful and arranged directions and advised on the best places to visit and eat. The hotel although not in the middle of Prague is only 15 minutes by tram to the centre and the staff helped with which trams to catch. We were at the back of the hotel which was quiet.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

The painted man standing in the corridor gives you goosebumps each time if you arrive in the dark (see picture)

The service is really personal, when you arrive you already feel welcome. Staff is very kind and will immediately show you all the to do's in and around the city of Prague. Furthermore it was a spacious hotel room and bathroom. Good filled mini fridge and even though the hotel is close to a train station, no noise at all.

Be aware that the hotel is about 40min walk from the old town. I preferred walking that distance daily because the tram took forever and I'm impatient. :)

I liked that there was a bathtub in the bathroom. The room itself was spacious and rather clean.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Classic Suite

WiFi wasn't great. Location required transport to new and old Town by tram but it was very easy and cheap to navigate using it.

Lovely spacious welcoming clean hotel. Great for groups.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Hair dryers - they should put new ones in the rooms

Very nice people working in the hotel! Really felt like at home. Thanks a lot. Cosy, sweet and warm place

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

3*: The hotel is more like a 3* one, compared on an international scale if you consider the look and feel. Noise: The room was really noisy. The rail yard next to the hotel gave us a hard time to sleep well. Especially on workdays the trains started at 5 am. Spa: It's for special request only, which would be ok, but you must book the room "with spa" or you have to pay ca. €30 for 40min use.

Staff: The staff was always really helpful and ready. Breakfast: The breakfast was quite nice, they offered to make us pancakes. :) (The booking.com genius welcome drink was not offered.) Transport: A+ if you consider using public transport or get there with car. Parking: Make sure that you book in advance as the number of parking spaces are limited. You have to leave the key at the reception. They will manage moving the cars if necessary.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff is very welcoming, always available to help customers planning their itinerary. The hotel is really stylish - the theme is music and they have a piano in every floor, with history of musicians on the walls etc.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Hotel has a very pleasant staff,,and atmosphere in general. Very Good value for money....even not real 4 star,, based on international standards.I would rather clasified it as a boutique hotel. This place has its own characteristic face and I would like to stay there any time.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Towel service, somewhat irregular but not an issue.

Located away from the commercial/touristy areas, but 7 minutes away from Old Town in a very convenient tram, it is an oasis of comfort. Breakfast is a wonderful bonus. Katka and her colleagues are excellent hosts.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was very comfortable but they made me pay 2€ for the peanuts that were not on the minibar list. Anyway in general our stay was good but frankly in my opinion it is more a 3 stars hotel than four. The breakfast was good but there wasn't everything you can take in this kind of hotels. Anything luxurious but the bed. Nothing to do with spanish 4stars hotels.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

the only improvement would be to have facilities for an evening meal but there are good restaurants fairly near.

Good large bedroom with coffee and tea facilities and good lighting, comforatble bed. big corner bath in the bathroom. friendly staff, cosy atmosphere. Was greated in the breakfast room with a happy friendly lady who offered to get me coffee and even cooked me some fresh eggs as the oned there were slightly cold. Brilliant!! Stay here again any day.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Loved everything!

Very friendly and hospitable staff made us feel at home. Went out of their way to be helpful. Quiet location. Clean rooms and nice spacious bathroom. Good variety at the morning breakfast. Strongly recommended.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

We enjoyed our stay at hotel Nabucco. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and nice. They serve really tasty breakfast. Hotel is close to downtown, only a few minutes by tram!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Family Room

We stayed at Hotel Nabucco twice in the first week of September 2016.The most disappointing thing was to see the "Never Smiling" reception staff. The bathroom had no lock. Very uncomfortable mattress and pillows. You will never get wifi anywhere except at the reception. The first time we stayed at the fourth floor and were told that the floor had a problem. The next week we stayed on the first floor and the wifi was no better. The reception staff kept telling us that they would inform the manager. Our overall experience was not at all good. Would not recommend this place to anyone going to Prague.

The kitchen staff was very warm and welcoming.

Wi-Fi: too weak and useless inside rooms; according to a international standard, it cannot be considered a 4 star hotel; towels not properly candid.

Nice style, inspired to Verdi and its Opera; Cordial and professional staff.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

If you want to destroy your opinion of Prague and have no more wish to visit this wonderful city - you should stay at this Hotel

Breakfast was the less among the other worse services

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The wifi was working badly and hardly. We had to register and after that the log in was not simple.

The room and the bathroom were comfortable for two people. We could park on the street.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Family Room

It was horrible experience. We booked by hotel rating and we felt cheated. It is so called 4 star rated hotel but in reality not even 2 star worth. Washrooms were stinking. Our request to provide electric kettle was not attended. Room were not cleaned and was informed that the cleaning contractor did not turn up and they are hiring a new contractor. Cups remains dirty after second day. Location of the hotel is just next to railway track. Breakfast was sub standard. Location is horrible. I will never recommend to anyone.

Nothing good about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

I was so clear that I wanted a room with a silent environment . I demanded that two times when I booked over the net. And at the in check I really pushed on about a silent environment. The person in the check in guaranteed that this room would be up to my request. Well...My room was more or less neighboring nine tracks of railroad. It was two train every minut crossing by... One morning it was no water in the bathroom. True story... This hotel has a four star scale. I wonder how that is possible? I think i would be more down to earth to give it a two star at a global and fair scale. Not higher than that.

NIce lobby. Ok breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Hotel is located to close to railway track so you can hear trains coming quite often, but still, comparing facilities and location to the price - the price is very fair.

Staff and receptionists were extremely helpful and polite. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very tasty. Tasty snacks and delicious Czech beer in mini bar. Hotel has it's own transportation which you can book wherever you want to go, which is very convinient.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Family Room

The place does not match the pictures and the wifi is really tricky

The staff is so friendly and helpful. I liked the local restaurants around the place, though I found them on my own. It's close to transportation, the beds are great. This place is wonderful value.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

The surrounding area is not attractive and the train line can be a little noisy

Staff very friendly and helpful. Jan in particular was happy to help with local restaurants and trams.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

- location!!! It was really hard for me to get there from the airport, plus it is located in a very isolated place, so for me (female solo traveller) was very difficult to move around at night. (Once you understand the public transportation it's no hard to move around, but the journey to get there wasn't nice)

- the girl from the reception was really nice. - buffet breakfast was perfect! And breakfast stuff were really friendly! - good wifi connection in my room. - everything clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Family Room

4 stars!!!??? Maybe back in 50s. Shabby hotel, last renovation was done by some nutty painters. Situated in a remote (presumably dangerous) location with bad transport connections. Breakfast was the last disappointment. I wonder who is writing those acclamatory reviews for this hotel (something Booking.com to scrutinize closely).

The reception personal was the only bright side of the stay.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The location was a little awkward to get to. And we stayed in the apartment suite. It was nice and spacious but the water from the shower got the whole place wet. There was no air conditioning or fans, either.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

room nowhere near as nice as shown in photos (completely different decor); next to train station and very loud (especially since we had to have window open to cool the room as no air conditioning); tram ride is 12-15 minutes to town, not 5 as described (but easy to do and inexpensive); neighbourhood is rundown (but okay once experienced it)

great staff, carparking off street (thank goodness)

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Family Room

Neighborhood. Hotel is close to railway station and it is very noisy. No air condition in the room.

Good conection to city centre by public transportation. Friendly staf (specialy Michela on reception desk and lady in a restaurant)

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

breakfast was not upto the expectation. the floors and stairs were little dark. restaurants were almost 2km away.

staffs were very helpful. the room was excellent. fridge was there to cool your drinks. close to the tram stop and supermarkets. wifi worked perfect.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Family Room

Clean rooms, friendly personal. Old but quite nice hotel, good for travelling with low budget. Breakfast is ok, lot of different things to choose. Unfortunately hotel is situated beside railway and there are no shopping centers or anything else nearby.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

It was 5 mins walk from Praha Vrosvice railway station. The wifi worked well though logging in is awkward. The receptionist with the piano skirt was very helpful. It was hot and it was a shame there is no air con. Breakfast is at 07.30. I mistakenly walked in at 0728 and was kicked out for 2 min?. Very strange. I would use again

Shabby decor. Hair in sink hole. Dirty bath. Used tissue on sideboard. Tv didnt work.

Spacious room. Quiet. Staff helpful. Comfy bed.

Few technical malfunctions in the room, but were fixed later.

The staff was great and responsive.

I loved everything

The lovely staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Comfortable rooms, good breakfast, helpful staff, definitely worth its money

Good breakfast. Nichole front desk excellent

The staff were very good and made you feel at home and most helpful

• Deluxe Double Room

Amazing hotel. The staff was very kind and the breakfast was super.

Browse Hotel Nabucco traveller photo gallery