Reviews of Hotel Opera 4 stars

Tesnov 13, Prague, 110 00, Czech Republic

#404 of 647 hotels in Prague

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Good equipment and nice location
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was facing a highway which remains noisy even at night time. Noise cancellation was quite insufficient unfortunately. Also, it was a bit disappointing to have a paid Wifi in a 4-star hotel in 2018.

The room was very spacious and the breakfast was delicious, composed of some traditional pastries, cheese and cold meats. The building location is convenient and allows to walk to the city center in a few mins.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Excellent staff at the reception.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast, most of the meat choices were pork. Breakfast servers were not very friendly when approached. We liked the our room that was facing the yard, so it quite, but came with big downward- poor wifi reception.

Excellent staff at the reception. Very helpful and friendly. Would recommend the hotel only because of them.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Comfortable stay only about 10 minutes walk from the old city center.
    • Double or Twin Room

We had a comfortable large room with sitting area and more than enough space to put the luggage. All was very clean. No noise from the street or other hotel guests. Very friendly staff also, from the receptionists , the bellman to the waiter in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Overpriced dirt hole
    • Double or Twin Room

Almost everything, I got a room with broken toilet and it took more than a hour to get another, this one had broken TV which I had to fix. The shower compartment was small even for me and I am a very small person. The staff appeared that they do you a favor not you to them. Breakfast always had stale bread and not fresh but abused veggies not to mentioned cleaning the room was dirty for whole 4 days, the bedding was not changed. Never will again stay in this place overpriced junk

Water pressures in the shower, nothing else

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Location and facilities of hotel, very good room, comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Restaurant staff behaved rudely, the waiter started clearing plates from out table without asking and while me and my wife were still eating our breakfast

Location and facilities of hotel, very good room, comfortable

Great Pink Hotel!
    • Relax Double Room

Its was fine. Especially for the money. It could have been closer to the center (old town) but what are You gonna do.

The Rooms were nice and large. Very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and staff helpful and friendly 😀

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Great location, clean but noisy.

I have been on the side of the hotel next to the road and isolation is very bad - every car could have been heard. If possible, ask for the yard side.

Great location, 10 minutes walking distance to the center. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

everything you might need for a short stay right next to city centre
    • Double or Twin Room

- sauna, welness & fitness are available only for extra fee :-( - wi-fi was not suitable for youtube/videos watching - beds were bit short (only 190 cm long) - view from the room on 5th floor - I saw only wall, no streets, nothing

- the room furniture was nice, as shown on the pictures - breakfast was very good, I enjoyed it - location of the hotel - it was 3 mins walking distance from 2 subway lines - actually this was the reason I chose this hotel :-) - very close to city centre (10-15 mins walk to Staromestke namesti) - quiet room even considering the location

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Nice breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Value for money is not that good. The room could have been cleaner. The hotel is suitable for a night stay not for couple of nights stay.

Nice breakfast. Located in a central part of Prague.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

I love this hotel, especially the fact that I can open the...
    • Double or Twin Room

My solitary complaint was the fact that our room was located on the left side (facing the hotel) and was therefore exceedingly noisy throughout the night. Street cleaning trucks, garbage trucks, and motorcycles. Ended up closing the windows and taking a pill. Maybe jet lag made it worse this time, who knows. Either way, if I go back to Prague again, this is my first choice when searching for hotels.

I love this hotel, especially the fact that I can open the windows! The bed was comfortable, the water was hot, and towels plentiful. New additions since my last visit improving this hotel's functionality: they now change money at the front desk for a small fee (think it was something like 7 CZK); instantaneous Wi-Fi--much improved from the previous slips of paper and long access codes of previous trips. Still love the grocery store up the street on the corner, and AL Capone's pizza patio on the other side of the street. Also a wonderful little Italian restaurant closer to Starbucks, where the waiter let my friend and I drink up the last of our 900 CZK on our last night there, without going over. It's only a 20 minute walk to Old Town, past the Paladium indoor mall along the way. Wonderful upstairs Thai restaurant a couple of blocks down from the grocery store (same side of the street). A Chinese "Woolworth's" a block or two away, with plentiful supply of shoes & purses. Wonderful breakfast downstairs each morning with great variety. Reliable airport pick-up/drop-off arrangements (650 CZK) payable in cash--but better to have Euros or CZK to pay with. I used airport ATM. The driver's currency conversion CZK/USD will short you otherwise.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Comfortable and convenient.
    • Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee making facilities in the room would have been good. Our booking stated that the room came with a view, but instead we were on the top floor looking at the concrete parapet and could only see sky. There wasn't another room available. Bit disappointing. Would have been good to have some additional pillows also.

The location was great. We were able to walk to most of the things we wanted to see around Prague. The room was comfortable.

Could have been better.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower head in the room was faulty, kept on splashing water all over. Fridge in the room was poorly stocked. The pillows were flat, didn't offer much neck support. Some of the things listed on the website as being in the room were not there.

Close proximity to Florenc. Breakfast was OK.

Very good location especially the bus station, excellent...

Needs a better Shower curtain

Very good location especially the bus station, excellent breakfast, excellent staff and very good communication in English

Hotel near the main part of Prague, family run and friendly place to stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is fantastic in many ways....it is not plush but homely. The staff are helpful, the place is so clean, the breakfast is very good. Our room and air con were satisfactory. It is the location that sells it...what a place to stay, within 10 mins of the old town centre and 5 mins from the hop on hop off bus. We highly recommend it to everyone who wants to stay in Prague!!

We had a great time

Very friendly staff. Hotel location is very good. Calm and quiet. Not sure that Breakfast is up to a 4 star hotel standard, however, I will recommend this hotel. Having to use the internet to get the air tickets printed is definitely a big plus.

A lovely experience at Hotel Opera.

All good, no complaints

Our first time in Prague and we found the staff so welcoming and helpful. The hotel was easy to find from the airport. It was close to the city center and we enjoyed using it as a base to explore this beautiful city. The room was very spacious and comfortable.

2 stars max, 4 stars is way above the service and condition.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room maintenance in general. Poor performance or absolutely not performing TV (constantly losing voice). Sink in the bathroom probably was blocked as the water was getting acummulated. I would recommend plumber to check things like this prior to arrival of guests. Smell from HVAC - probably due to dirty ducts.

Excellent hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Maybe the hotel is abit old and need to be refreshed. The lifts are a bit slow.

Generally excellent hotel with good location and all services. Price/quality ratio is really very good.

Good Place to Stay with Friendly Service

The parking for Prague costs money. That's no surprise but it was a consideration for us if we moved our car and had to come back. Temporary parking is nearby but long term parking is a block or two. It was overall okay and available. The bathrooms are tiny and the tubs are awkward. It was doable but noticeable. If you have mobility issues, you may want to inquire for a room that better accommodates you. The elevators are tiny too but I'm assuming they hold a person with a wheelchair. They hold 3 people and a piece of luggage in a tight spot. We were right on top of each other. This may be typical for the area and certainly typical for an older hotel. The hotel has 2 elevators. The curtains seemed to be heavy duty and black out but the spacing from the window meant it was not as dark as I would have expected. We were up and out early anyway. The breakfast did have an international set of options but I wouldn't call it a fantastic breakfast from an American viewpoint. It was doable for my husband and I but less so for a picky teenager. This is not atypical for hotels for us and we know ahead of time that our teen may not eat at most European hotels but it is also not the best we have ever seen for a European hotel. It's more than the minimum though and there was some variety. While it is walkable to places, it was not quite as centrally located as I had pictured for the max touristy areas. For some people, the out of the way quieter area is the right choice. The walk is not too far. For us, we like being in the center of things. We were able to walk to multiple places and Uber to others. I cannot account for the other possible public transportation services nearby because my husband would rather drive or Taxi. Uber was much cheaper than a typical taxi and we appreciated this tip.

I thought the pink historic exterior was lovely. Probably my most impressed moment at this hotel was when we first arrived. We arrived late. Staff approached us immediately and helped us lift our luggage up the 2-3 steps to the lobby. Then while we were checking in, the staff who took us to our room was gathering brochures that might be of interest and handed them to us. We also asked ahead of our arrival to have the AC turned on. We probably should have specified the temperature but they did what we requested. My husband and I weren't ready to go to bed yet but there weren't many hours left in the day. It was nice that the cheaply priced beer and mimosas could be found in the bar. We were one of two couples and they closed, I think at midnight. It helped that the prices were listed outside of the bar, drawing our eyes to it. The drink prices were so reasonable, compared to what we are used to in Germany, that we didn't mind using the mini bar in the room fridge. We loved it! Although we had to reset up Wifi on our phones each time we went back into the hotel, it was an easy set up, easy connection, and we had zero difficulties. I felt the staff were pleasant and helpful our entire stay. We had never used Uber, they showed us how to set it up. They were willing to book tours for us and so forth. They also, while slightly higher rate, are able to convert money from Euro to Czech at the hotel. This allowed us a moment of peace before we had to figure out the town. The rooms are an average size and we appreciated having the option of 3 separate beds in our room. Our teen prefers not to sleep on the couch or couch bed. The rooms are not glamorous and they are slightly dated but they are as advertised. I appreciated that the photos were not more glamorous than the actual set up. I felt it represents the hotel well. I enjoyed the older charm without breaking the bank.

Could be better
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very stuffy and the breakfast was terrible and the service graceless. We asked for directions to the airport and they only suggested a cab despite the fact that the hotel is 200 metres from the station.

Building attractive. Very clean. Away from stag parties.

Nice hotel, climate of rooms could be controlled better.

It was impossible to sleep with the window open, but the room was very warm. Turning on the airconditioning was not really an option because it was rather loud.

Location was comfortable, but very noisy. Breakfast pretty nice.

The location is good - close to the center, nice walking...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is situated next to the big road and tram stop - it is quite noisy at night (especially if your windows are facing this street). There were higher expectations as to the four star hotel - no slippers or kettle.

The location is good - close to the center, nice walking distance. The breakfast is good with a lot of choice and in a nice room. The hotel lobby is comfortable. The rooms are good. The hotel snack bar deserves a few separate positive comments: the food was delicious and the service was great! The first time we have come for dinner, we had average expectations. We were pleasantly surprised with the food quality and taste! The service was also excellent! The design and atmosphere of the place is nice: good color choice. Next day we decided to repeat the experience and ordered other dishes: it was very good! We enjoyed the evening, and it adds several points to the hotel for having this snack bar with tasty food.

Nice hotel in the beautiful city of Prague.
    • Double or Twin Room

The barman was pretty useless, the night we were there it took him nearly half an hour to prepare our drinks. Also it is a little disappointing not being able to get a snack in the bar following a concert in the Arena.

The hotel was very nice and in a good location. The breakfast was very good and there was a great variety. The room was very nice with the old style furniture.

Adequate not great. As we're younger we could walk the 30 mins to old town daily
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were generally courteous and the younger girls spoke English fairly well. The staff on the whole were OK but did not smile much or make conversation. Questions were dealt with but we felt second place when the phone rang. We've had warmer hotel staff experiences. We thought it more 3 star not 4 star as no walk in shower and shower in tub required holding the shower by hand, poor show. Basic gel and shampoo no toothpaste. No room tea or coffee making.Taxis in the town will rip you off! Walk with google map better. metro OK but not well sign posted. Florenc metro near hotel opera. Airport good connection from orange line florenc to end stop Zlíčín then 100 bus well sign posted

Within 30 minutes walk of the old town. Seems a safe area but part near river by hotel a little seedy. Hotel was quite nice and generally clean. Breakfast was fair, the orange juice is not fresh orange but watered down canned orange and the coffee is poor by general coffee drinkers standards. Bread good at breakfast. Eating area clean and pleasant

Staff was friendly.

Overall the hotel was fine, except the wifi, which was horrible. My first room had no service when I shut the door. I was moved to another room, which was only a tiny bit better. If I sat in the hallway near the elevators, I had decent wifi. When traveling abroad with limited phone services this was a hassle. Pillows were also awful--since I tried two rooms, I can say that with confidence.

Staff was friendly. Location is close to the river, and about a 10 minute walk to the old town.

OK for the price and location
    • Double or Twin Room

Bugs in the bathroom. No stand up shower - had to hold a hand nozzle to wash hair No ironing board Breakfast rather bland Noisy neighbor (thin walls) on the first night.

Very good

The lift was very small, which was a problem for my partner's daughter who suffers from claustrophobia, but to their credit the staff immediately relocated her from the 5th floor to the second, which solved the problem. my only other minor criticism was a bathroom (smart, clean and modern) with only a hand-held shower over the bath - all it needed was another clip or a riser rail on the wall to hold the shower head in place.

Nice hotel, probably dating from the turn of the 20th century but immaculately restored or maintained. Conveniently located about 10 or 12 minutes walk from the Old Town Square and close to the railway station and Florenc metro interchange. Friendly staff. Much as I expected from the description when I booked.

Very good and quiet hotel, nice and helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be nice to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

Very good and quiet hotel, nice and helpful staff. Metro station and bus station 3-5 min. away. About 10 walk to the Old Town. Nice room, good breakfast. Would stay there again.

Ok stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was poor Limited fresh fruit cooked sausages, bacon and egg looked dreadfully overcooked and unhealthy greasy Not really suitable for a lady travelling alone as the 45 second walk from na poirci to hotel is darkly lit and bit unsafe beside park if out in the dark There was some noise in room above at 4am

Good value for money No frills Room was cosy and warm

Should be less than four stars
    • Double or Twin Room

At midnight, suffered from water pipe leakage, suddenly the bathroom floor and even the room carpet was covered with hot water. The room was like a spa in a couple of minutes. The phone was not working so I rushed to the reception to get help. There was noone but only the hotel doorman who tried to stop the leakage without the necessary tools. The bathroom and the water was so hot, he was so big and fat, so I seriously worried for his health. He brought a new card so that I can change into another room but the new room was smelly, cold and did not have a view, unlike the first room. The other morning nobody apologized or offered an excuse. When I asked about the health condition of the doorman, I felt that the receptionist, probably lost her humanity, did not even pay attention to his situation.

The location is superb but a bit noisy because of the heavy traffic. Close to Florenc metro station. The decorations, all antiques or old styled, appealed to my taste. The open buffet breakfast offers various delicious tastes including fresh baked kolachees among many other pastries, as well as fruit and cheese varieties.

This nice hotel is in a great location with a great price and an amazing, delicious breakfast!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no shower curtain or door. For me this makes for a messy shower and some clean up time of getting the water off of the floor. This is fine if you only want to take a nice hot soaking bath.

This hotel was amazing. The price was perfect. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The location was great. So close to all of Prague's amazing attractions. The room was a good size. The bathroom was a comfortable size. Parking was easy. You have to pay but it is just a couple of minutes walk away. Maybe a half block around the corner. The best part for me was the incredible breakfast. INCLUDED!!!! I did 14 hotels in 18 nights on my 6,000 KM Eastern Europe circle tour. This hotel had the BEST breakfast hands down. Whoever is choosing the pastries to serve there needs a huge raise. They were so delicious. Different types of pastries. They had pancakes and strawberries!!!! WOW!!! I was so happy to start my day there. And they had other things to eat there for people who still think they need to be on a diet while on vacation or holiday having the time of your life.

I felt like I was staying at Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

I honestly have no dislikes.

Lovely and helpful staff. Comfortable the bed and room. The breakfast is also very tasty. Tram right out the front of the hotel. Walking distance to everywhere cool. Super instagramable!

Excellent choice for a comfortable, value for money short break stay.

The pillows!! Tea and coffee making facilities.

Excellent value for money, great location for exploring the city. We couldn't have expected more for the money. Perfectly clean and comfortable.

Nice rooms but general impression of the hotel and the area not as good

The check-out was not very smooth (just one person behind the counter, not very efficient and a bit nonchalant, but generally everything went OK) The area is a bit shabby There was a minibar in the room but the fridge didn't work No curtain in the bath (but there was a tub :)

Very, very comfortable bed Rooms generally nice althought not very modern anymore Bathtub in a room

A lovely hotel experience

It was slightly away from old town city centre for those who dont like to walk far.

Hotel Opera was a lovely place to stay. Our triple room was spacious,warm and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. The furnishings were attractive and the bathroom was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. We were able to store our luggage at the hotel after checkout until our late night train.

Room's were clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower not great. Basically a bath with a hand held shower. Very out of date. Bed a bit hard.

Room's were clean. Breakfast was good, excellent selection of breads, cereals and hot food

Good value for money but couldn't stay again in same room. I like my sleep too much.

Very noisy room. Traffic noise made sleeping virtually impossible. Uncomfortable pillows and bedding . Not the prettiest area , close to major flyover.

Nice room very nice bathroom. Excellent housekeeping. Clean. Helpful pleasant staff. Good location for metro and trams.

I love this hotel, which is why I'm a repeat guest.

Nothing:)

I love this hotel, which is why I'm a repeat guest. Staff is wonderful, breakfast is exceptional--food variety as well as classy dining room. Better is grocery just up the street at the corner w/no fee ATM. Email hotel for airport pickup (550 czk, payable in CZK OR EUR) as opposed to 750 czk for regular airport taxi. Only confusing bit was how to call room-to-room (74 + room #) or front desk (dial 200).

The location was good as it was quite near to the main train...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was absolutely no view from our room as a part of the hotel building was exactly in front of the window. The bed was horrible as it was squeaking and the pillows were paper thin. Poor breakfast choice (mostly pastries).

The location was good as it was quite near to the main train station and the sights were not that far away.

Very sunny room and quiet
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was variable - poor hot food and some of the fruit was past its sell by date. No wall fixing for shower-head

Very sunny room and quiet Wifi good

Enjoyable stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

Good range of breakfast and plenty of it. Good time allowance for breakfast. Tables cleared quickly. Clean bright reception with English speaking staff. Good walking distance of the Old City and other places of interest. Easy to arrange transfer back to airport.

Not advisable as they have shortage of staff they can't help you with anything and over priced

Breakfast poor quality Overpriced for nothing you don't get any service as they don't have proper staff Not advisable at all

It's over priced at this price you can get much more in prague Location was good Room size good

Location was very good.

We have filtered our search by choosing hotels with parking. Unfortunately, with this hotel, it was not mentioned that it meant one had to walk 250 m to a public parking service that was extra charge. If we had known this, we might have searched differently.

Location was very good.

Good breakfast selection, offsite parking was 2 blocks away,...

Room was a little noisy as the hotel is close to a highway. Also, wifi was unreliable.

Good breakfast selection, offsite parking was 2 blocks away, reasonably priced, only 14 Euros per day. Ten minute walk to shopping, trams, etc. Lots of good reasonably priced restaurants just up the street. Good air conditioning.

Hotel has old world charm.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was much less choice for breakfast on the second morning but still adequate.

Hotel has old world charm. Trams and metro within easy walking distance as is the rest of central Prague.

Recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

I really can't think of anything worth complaining about.

Good location, reasonably good value, well-maintained property, courteous staff, good restaurant, abundant breakfast variety.

Hotel was nice, location was good, but was ruined by moody and rude staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff are generally rude and moody I found, with no focus on customer service. Very dissapointed in this area in all honesty.

Gym facility and cleanliness

Great city break in a fantastic city
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room had a poor view but it wasn't an issue.

Decent comfortable and clean room, staff very friendly and helpful and a pleasant 10 minute walk into the town centre

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

I paid $50 more to stay in Hotel Opera--and it was worth it!
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location in a gorgeous building! Emailed the hotel with request for early check-in due to flight arrival time. They answered "confirmed" within days. Arranged for their "taxi" to pick up/return to airport for 550 czk, rather than the 750 czk charge by public taxi's. Staff was friendly as well as helpful! Rooms were good sized, with plentiful outlets. Had both AC and (better) the window opened! Breakfast was plentiful with good selection of cereal, eggs, hams, cheeses, fruit, pastries and breads. In short, this is the best hotel I've stayed at in 4 trips to Prague over the years!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

unfortunately the lock was brocken in the bathroom, and I...

unfortunately the lock was brocken in the bathroom, and I was blocked in it. Very unpleasant situation. For about an hour I was shouting for help, until neighbours heared me and helped me to get out. No one from personnel paid attention to this and noone apologized for this incident. I think it's not appropriate reaction.

The food in the on site bar was very good and very...

There was no way to use the shower hands free. We had to hold the shower head in one hand. Our room was west-facing. The room got really warm from the late afternoon sun, and it took a long time for the room to cool down.

The food in the on site bar was very good and very affordable.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

What did I like? Not a lot.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was OK, but a little too hard for my liking. The general ambiance of the immmediate area of the hotel.

What did I like? Not a lot. The hotel whilst clean and reasonably comfortable is in a less than celubrious area of Prague.

The breakfast here was great even for vegetarians.

The room with two single beds was quite small and congested. the hotel is a little far from the old town square especially after a long tiring day!

The breakfast here was great even for vegetarians..the rooms for triple occ and the one with the king sized bed were nice and big.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

too expensive, poor service
    • Double or Twin Room

Way over priced. Small rooms. Soviet service Staff treat men with respect, women with disrespect. Never again if I can help it.

Location was good, if noisy

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Above expectations

Wi-fi was not very good

The property is located in the center of old town.Very convinient to walk around.Many beautiful small restaurants and cafe, theaters . Very friendly staff. Hotel breakfast is exselent .

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

A quiet sanctuary in a busy city.
    • Suite

The car parking is a fair way from the hotel but on the up side there is a porter to help with bags.

The room we had was in fact one of two suites the hotel has. We had somewhere to sit in the evening, with a three piece suite and a desk and table. It was very well furnished. The mattress was extremely comfortable and we slept well. The bathroom was lovely and big with two basins and also a spa bath.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Very nice hotel in a decent location, 15 minutes to old town...
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower was just a bathtub with a showering hose. We soaked the floor each day! Otherwise everything was great.

Very nice hotel in a decent location, 15 minutes to old town square. Not a lot just around the hotel but a 5 minute walk you are good. Breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Well located - the main plus point
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff could have been friendlier . They didn't even wish us a comfortable journeywhen we were leaving No facilities for tea or coffee in the room No full length mirror in the room. Noisy room as they had given us one on the first floor I had booked 3 days plus one day stay separately and specifically mentioned this to them while checking in as well as by e mail - we were still locked out of our room after three days - communication gap - the person on duty didn't know. The welcome drink should have been given to us twice over - two bookings as genius member - nobody even offered it once

Conveniently located. Good breakfast

Very clean, comfortable.

Could have done with a mirror and bin in bedroom. Only the bathroom had these. The curtains could have done a better job of darkening the room.

Very clean, comfortable. Excellent location. Great breakfast included. WiFi ok.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Great Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Could really do with changing the cafe bar menu, at least every other day for longer term residents. I might be wrong but the hotel doesn't appear to be wheelchair friendly, I didn't see a ramp anywhere on the exterior of the building. The entrance steps are quite steep and might present a problem for anyone with a mobility issue.

Really hot water, almost instantaneous. Attentive staff and very clean rooms and public areas. he

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Good option to see all the magnificent sights
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a problem for us , but did not appear to be wheelchair friendly . The surrounding area is a little rough . The " park " shown on photos , is just a rough grass area across from the Metro access. Apart from those , once inside the hotel , everything is fine .

Very close to tram stop , and only a little further to the Metro . Staff could not do enough to help . The whole hotel is very clean indeed , and quiet with good sound-proofing . The restaurant attached has good options . Whilst the breakfast is plentiful , perhaps a 3 night stay is about its limit on variety.

Excellent value for money choice

Opera hotel was perfectly clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful to any query we had. It is also an internet cabin provided for clients which again I found really helpful cause I had to print 1-2 documents. Breakfast was more than tasteful and big variety of pastries, juices, and coffee provided. It is only couple of minutes away from nearest tram and tube station although we always walked to old down square (15 minutes) which is one of Prague's main sightseeing areas and full of bars & restaurants

The location is great.

Single rooms have connecting doors with lousy sound isolation - you hear everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, from the neighbouring room. Also, elevators are way too small, for two people max, and I had to drag my suitcase down the stairs, because they were full all the time.

The location is great.

Problem with quote from booking.

See above. Did not love the machine made cappuccino. Everything else was very good. We would stay there again.

Problem with quote from booking.com in Dollar and changed in Euro

Modern, clean comfortable hotel with friendly, professional staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is about half a mile (10 minutes walk) too far from the centre. We soon got tired of the extra walk back from the old town, but the taxi's are cheap if you don't need the exercise.

Nicely modernized hotel, we had a very pleasant four night stay, rooms comfortable and quite, breakfast was always fresh and good quality, really set you up for the day.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

I Will never ever go there again!
    • Double or Twin Room

The most unhelpful staff and the worst breakfast ever. Ice cold cooked beans and ice cold eggs were being served as a part of breakfast table. I am a very regular traveler and this was one of my worst experiences.

Nothing. Location is not bad

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The location was perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

Small details like a jug and some tea/coffee making facilities would have been good in the room. Also, there was no iron or ironing board. Small details but important.

The location was perfect. Just out of the city centre which meant the crowds of tourists were avoided. Great restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The traditional czech food was delicious.
    • Suite

Wifi connection was very poor in room. had to go to lobby to connect

The traditional czech food was delicious. We had dinner there every night as food was soo good. We stayed in the suite, so having the spa bath was very nice after a long day walkin around the city

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Very close to the International Bus Terminal (Florenc), 1km...

Very close to the International Bus Terminal (Florenc), 1km from the Central Train Station and 500m to a Good Mall (Palladium). and less than 200m to good supermarkets. Building is in good condition. All the staff was nice with my family. Breakfast is good. This is a good hotel.

Best area for relaxing 😎
    • Double or Twin Room

Location .. in relaxing surroundings, close enough to allow easy walk to all tourist attractions .. Tram stops outside hotel, excellent value .. Restraunt 'Thai Orchid' just around the corner, amazing traditional Thai/ Lao food 😬🙏🏻

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Good for business, but not for romance
    • Double or Twin Room

Most of the staff are indifferent at best. Reminds me of the times before the Wall came down. If you leave a glass or an empty bottle in the room, do not expect them to disappear through room service. Even after a week, they won't. They send someone to check your room when you check out, but if you forget something in the bathroom, nobody tells you. International TV was too distorted to be watchable 80% of the days. Breakfast is mediocre, coffee still terrible. Smoking rooms have gone, but of course, you might think that's a good thing.

Excellent location - metro station "Florenc" where two lines meet, bus and tram in front of the door, shopping mall, two supermarkets, several restaurants and pubs nearby. Inner city in 10 min walking distance. Rooms are a little old-fashioned but comfortable, partly renovated, quiet (on 5th floor). Sauna and gym available but have to be booked one hour in advance. Lunch available in the restaurant. There's an older pageboy who is very friendly and helpful. WiFi worked well, no problems. There's a bar where you can have a drink and even dinner if you want to. I haven't tried the food, though.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Worst hotel ever!
    • Double or Twin Room

The worse "4 star" hotel I ever stayed. Awful service, no cleaning,no blanket for double bed, no shower had holder (you will take shower in sitting position),dirty,overcharging. I can complain forever, and I can't find anything good in this hotel. Stay away from it, save your vacation.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Great journey
    • Double or Twin Room

A great advantage of this hotel is the fact that it is situated close to the bus station (Praha Florenc) and close to the Prague's Old Town so you don't have to worry about trasportation. What's more tram stop is across the street so it's really great. As for other things we liked it that there was a wide choice of products for breakfast so everyone could chose what one likes. Bed was so comfortable that we couldn't get up in the morning :) Hotel's Staff was nice and helpful. If someone wants to have the room cleaned it can be cleaned everyday. We also liked the fact that there was plenty of leaflets from many interesting places in Prague i.e. Ice Bar (we really recommend it) so if you have no idea where to go yoy can find something for you easily. We really cordially recommend Hotel Opera.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

friendly stuff.
    • Double or Twin Room

very poor breakfast menu offered in a tiny overcrowded room , smth surprising for a 4 stars hotel . dirty walls in the room , probably left from a stag party. internet didnt work for 3 days. The location is convenient but not inspiring as the hotel situated on outskirts of the city centre and the view from the window is quite ugly , a busy highway and ugly office buildings .

friendly stuff.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The rooms were superb, extremely clean, and very quiet – we...
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast requires improvement, especially for a four star hotel, as the bread and the pastry were not fresh. The parking was fenced, but not guarded or locked.

The rooms were superb, extremely clean, and very quiet – we had a good sleep.

Browse Hotel Opera traveller photo gallery