Reviews of Hotel Páv 3 stars

Křemencova 13, Prague, 110 00, Czech Republic

#375 of 646 hotels in Prague

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

It was an excellent stay for reasonable price.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is right at the historical center of Prague and for such a location it is not expensive. Rooms are neat and clean, the stuff is friendly and helpful. The only problem I found is the lack of coffee machines in the room.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Location, very clean, quiet street, good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad was extremly uncomfortable for me (doesn't provide any support for back) but that's my subjective opinion

Location, very clean, quiet street, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Friendly staff helped to arrange taxi to CK.
    • Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff helped to arrange taxi to CK. Hotel room is simple but comfortable. Not super close to the old town square nor Charles bridge, around 10-15 minutes walk, but super close to louvre cafe.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

I will definitely stay at this hotel when I come back to Prague!

Martin The manager and Raul the bartender very helpful as were all for managing staff. The ladies in the breakfast room our were So kind and friendly.

Martin

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

very convenient location.
    • Double or Twin Room

very convenient location. we could walk from hotel to the main city centre and there were multiple restaurants nearby for us to eat. the room was clean and comfortable. breakfast was very good!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Very good experience I recommend hotel pav to all my friends

We paid at check in very low exchange rate for czk No kettle in room

Location excellent walking distance to shopping center and old town and river Breakfast very good variety

Nice stay in the City Center, good value for money :)
    • Double or Twin Room

- The breakfast was not that good. But I didn't expect an excellent breakfast, since the room rate was low. - No air condition in the room (it was very hot during the night)

* The location * The nice room * New bathroom * Friendly hotel staff

Bad
    • Double or Twin Room

Very rude person in mini bar.asked kettle and he sent us to the reception for permission ,wen they gave permission this man refused and shouting.we have been around the world.but first experience like this.Also room didn't have AC.Guests watch out wen u book.u will get cheated.wen we asked for AC room by paying extra they told hotel is full.Its understood that wen u book room u will hav an AC room.but their excuse is we have to ask specially again after booking.🙄🙄.Milan in reception was nice

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The breakfast buffet spread was good.
    • Double or Twin Room

The only downside could possibly be the fact that I was given a ground floor room which is just facing the garden courtyard of the hotel. I could smell cigarette smell in the room when someone was smoking at the courtyard which can be real annoying for a non-smoker.

The breakfast buffet spread was good. They bothered to change the menu and not offer the same spread consecutively. Location was good. Not too far from the important sights.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Staff are very helpful and speak good English.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff are very helpful and speak good English. The room was as described, clean and spacious. Breakfast was good - various dishes to choose from and fresh. It is also just a few minutes away (on foot) from the centre. It got a bit noisy in the evenings from the bars in the same street but it was not that bad (and not the hotel's fault either).

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Breakfast was great
    • Double or Twin Room

We ordered airport shuttle service and there was no one waiting for us at the airport. When we got to the hotel using uber, reception said there was a driver waiting for us over an hour. They ended up charging us for the airport shuttle service. We asked for a new fan because ours was shaking and making too much noise. A man came to our room and did nothing about it.

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good value for money and great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Disappointed there was not a kettle tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

Lovely big room with a great sized balcony. (Room 306). Great location for the Old Town and close to tram stops and good value for money with breakfast included. It is a buffet style European continental which was nice. Friendly staff.

Great location for short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very warm and could not open window as someone in a nearby room was smoking drugs and stank my room out. Staff could learn to smile.

Great location, clean and good breakfast.

Spacious and great location!
    • Double or Twin Room

I don’t think they had Air conditioning, but they had a fan in my room, great windows and I don’t remember it getting too hot.

The room was really spacious! I ended up having to do a video conference call and there was Desk in my room facing a room, so I was able to do it there without it looking like I was in a hotel. Comfortable nights sleep. Big assortment for breakfast. Good WiFi. Nice staff!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great location, the street the hotel is on is a great street...
    • Double or Twin Room

Paid for a double room and got two single beds, also there is no air con but we were supplied with a lovely fan! I do understand that it was a hot time in Prague the week we visited!

Great location, the street the hotel is on is a great street for night time drinks! Close to the old town and a short walk to the castle! Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms were clean and spacious. Really enjoyed our stay!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The room was quiet and clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast had only slight variety every day but still ok. The staff could display more customer service. Old town about 20min walk, but tram is nearby also ..

The room was quiet and clean. They have luggage store room.

Hotel Páv summer 2018
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel witch has a great value for its price! The personal was really helpful and polite. The location was perfect. We are very happy with our stay there!

It was most enjoyable and everything that we wanted. Marvellous in fact!
    • Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the room was a little too subdued, but there was nothing else we weren't happy with.

The room was quite big .the beds were extremely comfortable .The staff were very helpful indeed and the situation of the hotel was very good for the smaller budget client.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Hotel Pav is quire adequate, the room is large enough for a...
    • Double or Twin Room

It can get very warm from afternoon through the evening there is a small fan though. We opened the window to let air in at night but it was very noisy from the surrounding bars.

Hotel Pav is quire adequate, the room is large enough for a couple. It’s very clean. The staff are pleasant and helpful. Continental breakfast is good coffee is not good though.

Good base for exploring
    • Double or Twin Room

No air con but a fan was provided. Stayed here 3 night and didn't have the beds changed once.

Good location for exploring all of Prague. Not a bad breakfast and the staff were nice.

Good, quiet location right in the city.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was absolutely no A/C it was 34 decrees C and all that was offered was one small fan. I asked for another fan so that both myself and partner could be cool, they responded to my request “sir only one fan in the room, as if we add 2 it will shut down the electricity”

Good, quiet location right in the city. Most sights are walkable or easy and cheap enough to get to my taxi/public transport. The room was good size for 2 people. Breakfast was reasonable.

Great location and great value.

No air conditioning. Room was next to an outside lounge/eating area and since there was no ac, we kept the windows opened and had a hard time sleeping with the noise and heat. The beds had plastic sheets, which heated us up even more.

Great location and great value.

The Hotel was what we were looking for, perfect for our short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

The Room had a very small window and it looked out onto a small court yard, the noise would carry up form the court yard at night. The breakfast room was a bit on the small side when to hotel was full.

the location was very good for us, and close to the Metro and Trams

The rooms were bigger than I expected and really nice.
    • Double or Twin Room

Im a vegetarian so the breakfast was not very good for me.

The rooms were bigger than I expected and really nice. The position was superb we were so close to everything we wanted to see and do.

Did not meet expectation.
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked this as a Best Western, but it had changed between the time I made the reservation and when we arrived. The attitude of the staff at check-in was terrible. They seemed to be inconvenienced we were there. There was no A/C in the room and it was very hot. I would never stay at this location again.

The location was very good and provided easy access to events we attended. The eating venues in the area were very good and we did receive a hotel discount at one venue. The breakfast was good.

Staff from the reception until the breakfast are very cold and not welcoming at all!! I felt like at school, people telling me what to do and not to do...strange way to welcome guest

Interesting!
    • Superior Double Room - Attic

Booked as a Best Western hotel. They were not. Room was supposed to be superior attic room. Could only get into and out of bed bent double because of attic roof. Coffee and tea supplies not replenished after first night. Vacated room due to fire alarm but no info from staff.

Close to team line

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not great not enough variety and ran out of cross on every day before 9 a.m. there was nobody there to ask anything the dining area was very cramped but we were lucky to sit outside if you got down there early enough in the morning

I like the beds they were very comfortable but the room was a big deal I could do with brightening up with a picture of two tiles in bathroom with very small I like the staff they were very kind and helpful especially at the bar staff can't remember the names but young girl with long dark hair was lovely could not do enough for us always making sure we have what we needed and the man who took over from the girl was very kind very enthusiastic about job

Good place for business visitors and tourists
    • Double or Twin Room

Two items mentioned in the "I like" section combined made some problem with the noise at nights. I mean several hundreds outdoors visitirs of "U Fleku" who were watching the football World Cup. :) The only other irritating thing was a strange demand to block 10CZK on my bank card at the check-in despite the 100% prepaid stay.

The hotel is in the historic part of Prague. This means good access to the public transportation system and a lot of cafes, restaurants and shops in the area. My room was a bit larger than it is usually expected from a 3-star hotel. The equipment included a TV (usually I never use it, but now it was the time of Russia'2018 football World Cup :) ), a safe, a hairdryer, an air conditioner and bathroom facilities. All worked flawlessly. The same I can say about Wi-Fi. Breakfasts were good with minor daily changes in the menu that made them less boring. The historic "U Fleky" beerhouse est. 1499 with their famous in-house dark "Flekovo" beer is just in the next building. A few minutes walk to Vltava river gives fantastic cityscapes.

Pleasant, safe, fairly comfortable city stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very oddly shaped bedroom. We asked for twin beds, but we are married and side by side would have been good. The showerhead holder was broken so you had to hold the showerhead attachment. One set of windows would not open and since it was 30+ it would have been useful to open.

Staff were pleasant and helpful. Location was terrific. Breakfast was plentiful. The safe worked.

3rd time and counting
    • Double or Twin Room

They don't have parking. They do have a deal set up with a garage about 500-750m away. Cost is between 550-600czk/day

Great location, good breakfast, close to everything a tourist may want to see. Quiet at night so you can sleep

Excellent location of the hotel with excellent value for the money. Breakfast to basic.

Breakfast is pretty basic

Excellent location in safe district even late at night . Good value for the many. Can be compared with some 4 star Prague hotels-in Hotel Pav favour.

The stay was enjoyable.
    • Double or Twin Room

The woman at the reception in the night from 28 to 29 June was very unpleasant. She behaved with us as a robot! No smile, no expression! However all others were pleasant, hospitable and welcoming with a sincere smile.

The room and all its equipments were very confortable. The staff very sympathetic.

Great!!!!!!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Location was great. Next to the oldest brewery of Prague. The atmosphere in the surrounding is feature. Breakfast was very good and everything was really cleaned. 10 min walking to the city centre.

The hotel met our needs.
    • Double or Twin Room

1. This is supposed to be a smoke-free hotel, but you could often smell smoke strongly, because it would come in through the windows from smokers in the courtyard outside. Our room was #221. 2. The rugs and walls were a little beat-up and not recently maintained. 3. The room temperature was hard to regulate - when it got too warm we had to open with windows, letting the smoke in. We understand that air conditioning is not always present in European lodging. On the other hand, the room did have a powerful oscillating fan.

1. The front desk staff was helpful, especially the one named "Lucie". 2. Location is near enough the river, the old town, Prague Castle, and everything else we wanted to see. 3. The room was equipped with a powerful oscillating fan.

Great hotel in a wonderful city. Already planning a return visit & this hotel wil be 1st choice
    • Double or Twin Room

Not sure, breakfast could be a bit busy but we always found a table even if one day we went out into the outside area.

Great hotel, friendly staff always ready to help. Rooms were a good size, beds comfortable. Excellent breakfast, plenty to keep you going through the day. Location was great - 20 mins from Wenceslas Sq, a bit further to Old Town Sq.

Convient accommodations near the Charles Bridge
    • Superior Double Room - Attic

Room was warm without the a/c and the city was noisy at night, disturbing sleep. Had to request the remote control for the a/c from the desk, but a/c made a huge difference on the comfort of the room.

Our room was on the top floor. Sleeping accommodations were adequate and the bathroom served well enough. Had to retrieve the a/c remote from the front desk, which seemed reluctant to issue more than one room key. Not exactly what I anticipated from a Best Western property, but the room was conveniently located to many of Prague's attractions and the transportation system. The breakfast that was included was great! I'd stay here again.

Could not fault it
    • Double or Twin Room

The dining room was, of course, very busy for breakfast some days and the tables could have been cleared a little quicker. However, breakfast itself was very good with a very wide choice of hot and cold food.

We liked the way the hotel offered to book a taxi to meet us at the airport. It was a very reasonable price with a driver who spoke good English. We were very pleased with everything.

Convenient location and nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

I liked everything. The train station is about a 30min walk with luggage so you may consider taxi, bus etc.

Staff were very friendly, room a good size & quiet. Hotel was a 5 -10min walk to the river which you can then follow to the old town / Charles Bridge. Many restaurants nearby.

Good location and all basics are good.
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be best if there is a chain lock at the hotel room. Also, at late night it was quite noisy with people chatting downstairs outside the window.

Good location and all basics are good.

Nice location in quiet street, good breakfast, friendly...
    • Double or Twin Room

Water in sink was almost always cold, though in shower it was always okay.

Nice location in quiet street, good breakfast, friendly staff, not very expensive.

A great location, nice breakfast, and a comfortable hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room faced the street, which was noisy at night, so we had to close the window so we didn’t hear it.

The location was fantastic. It’s close to the center, but in a quieter part of the city. We found a lot of good restaurants nearby. The breakfast was excellent, as there were a variety of foods and homemade cakes. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Hotel Pav

Didn't change the towels once. The constant smell of cigarette smoke on a non smoking floor - why?? No soap in the shower. The parking was 750mtrs around the corner so we had to leave our cases and drive to park the car. The parking was an extra cost of 550 CZ Crown per day. We thought it was included.

The location and the cups of teas made by the man in the bar lobby. And the breakfast was good value.

Staff was quite helpful, room was clean and comfortable,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff was quite helpful, room was clean and comfortable, location is good. Breakfast buffet was good, it was for everyone, if you like salty or sweet, if you are vegetarian or meat lover, you can have a good breakfast.

Clean facilities and good breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Clean facilities and good breakfast. Good walking distance to Charles bridge (10 minutes) easy to navigate having the main river 2 minutes walk behind the hotel. About a 30 minute walk to main railway station, or catch a cab for about 120 crowns. Overall a good location.

Good stay but noisy rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are noisy, beds feel like they have something plastic over them so it gets really sweaty at night even with the windows open. Pillows are not comfy because there so thin. Shower head could be better.

Location is good walking distance to everything and hotel looks nice. Price quality is really good.

Beautiful hotel, only disappointing factor was the breakfast...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast staff- extremely rude.

Beautiful hotel, only disappointing factor was the breakfast staff. They were extremely rude. This alone would stop me from staying here again.

The location is amazing, you can reach everything on foot.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is amazing, you can reach everything on foot. Hotel is in a lovely renovated old building, open all night, convenient if you want to go out.

The room in the first floor was so bad, but upper floor was great
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was at the first floor in front of elevator and behind the bar. We heard every guest that used the elevator and every sound in the bar. The following day, we have been moved to a room at the second floor and it was perfect. I strongly suggest you to mention not to take that room during the reservation...

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no minibar or fridge in the room. The room we stayed was small. The breakfast was good, they had only boiled eggs (or I should say not boiled enough), not scrambled or any other type. The people in charge with the breakfast room weren't to friendly.

Really great location, near the subway station and quite close to center, but not in the middle of noise. For the price paid is a good deal and option.

The best hotel experience we've had in a long time!
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was a bit uncomfortable and sheets weren't changed during our 4 night stay. Felt dusty in the room. We kept sneezing inside the room and would wake up with dust in our hair. Would be great to get larger blankets instead of 2 single blankets.

Breakfast was good. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Made us feel very comfortable. Hotel room was amazing. Bathroom was clean and spacious. Very patient when we didn't understand things. Very helpful with the tour guides and made recommendations. We plan on revisiting this hotel again.

Extremely happy with stay - would stay there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very good for a continental breakfast, plenty of choice. Could not fault the cleanliness or the location. It was generally 15 mins walk to most of the sights.

Good location clean rooms!
    • Double or Twin Room

attitude staff upon checkin not so professional, where getting irritated when asking for questions regarding payment even rolled there eyes...

Clean room, good location

Most of the staff were very friendly & the buffet...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a bit of noise from the lobby bar late evenings & the disabled access room could have been a bit bigger as the wheelchair only just fit past the bed.

Most of the staff were very friendly & the buffet breakfast was very good. The airport transfer was good value & the driver was courteous. Reception staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Overall very good.

Front desk staff not very friendly 😶 I had one special request at time of booking - one guest coeliac- no Gluten free breads available 😶

Very clean, comfortable and warm. Good breakfast and staff at breakfast very friendly.

The overall stay was ok ,just needs a few little improvements!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not very good as the was very limited. The beds were too soft and not very comfortable.The receptionist didn’t let us know that we could stay until 12pm for free as an option!

Good for a budget stay

Limited breakfast options

Clean hotel, really good location only a 10 minute walk from Charles Bridge, some really nice bars on the same street. Hotel bar reasonable.

Clean, good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very noisy on both morning's, very loud noise of furniture or something being dragged around, around 7:30am. Woke us up. Wasn't happy

Clean, good location.

Pleasant little hotel, quite central and convenient to get around the main spots.
    • Double or Twin Room

Since there are few restaurants and bars around the area, after midnight, still hear some one shouting and screaming outside, it is very easy to hear someone talking and walking outside. It can be difficult to sleep.

Though some staff are very helpful, but Some of the staff can be more friendly.

Very quiet rooms, the roomiest triple hotel room we’ve ever...

We had paid for the room in full. Why did we have to have the payment reversed onto the card we used for booking and then re-charged?? Made no sense to us.

Very quiet rooms, the roomiest triple hotel room we’ve ever stayed in anywhere in Europe so far (out of Rome, Paris, Florence, Venice, London, Sorrento, Vienna, Milan and Monterosso)

Great hotel in a good place
    • Double or Twin Room

Our heaters were on the maximum when we came so it was really really hot, but that was easily fixed. Also it would be nice to have more English channels on TV, or if the Netflix button would work. Just these small things.

Very good service and great staff. Distance to basically everywhere was short, because tram stop and metro station were close. My grandmother was also very happy!

Basic but serves purpose for weekend with friends.

It would be a big benefit if they had coffee & tea facilities in the room.

Stayed here with 2 friends for new years eve. Overall good experience. Good customer service. They allowed me to change 2 twin rooms to a triple room & refunded the difference. Centrally located for nightife and tourist destinations. The room is clean and basic. It would be a big benefit if they had coffee & tea facilities in the room.

great time in a nice place
    • Double or Twin Room

sometimes it was hard to find a seat in a breakfast room

the location is superb. a bit aside from the very center in a quiet street, but close to everything. breakfast is very good and the personnel is very friendly. special thanks to the hotel for the airport transfer offer. was very convenient and reasonably priced

Value for money while in prague.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were asking to get a water coocker and set of coffee ad tea, theu suppose to be give us that kind of facility to us.

The staff was very helpfull, even they were letting us to early check in. They also were telling us several tourist places and giving us the direction using a city map.

Average
    • Double or Twin Room

Three rooms booked. All rooms look different. One was long, small and high like an autobus. The carpet was filty. Another was too tiny to walk around the bed. Lighting in all rooms was cold & unpleasant. Two rooms were located near to loading/ unloading area & close to an opposite bar. Rest was disturbed either due to the smoking people out of the bar or by loading activities. One night noise from the bar stopped after 3am & loading started after 5am. Quality of breakfast is medium. Taste of the items is poor to medium.

Comfortable bed.

The hotel was nice and it wasn't far from the old town,...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, which would have been nice when we got back, as it was -4 outside!

The hotel was nice and it wasn't far from the old town, about a 10 minute walk.

The atmosphere at xmas time in Prague is wonderful
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was on the third floor at the front of the hotel overlooking the street.We were woken most nights between 2am and 3 am by the noise from party goers and clubbers passing along the street,even though the windows were all double glazed.

Staff in all areas were most helpful and pleasant.

Value for money great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff nothing was to much bother asked for tea and coffee in our room and extra pillows which was attended to immediately. Bedrooms were cleaned everyday to a high standard. Buffet breakfast was basic but good value for money

Ok
    • Double or Twin Room

The room on the first floor was incredibly loud. We could hear the bathroom.next door, the coffee grinder in the lobby bar, every step people took,every closed door. We only stayed one night, if we had been there longer would have requested an upper storey room.

Nice standard hotel overall, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Great Value for money Highly recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff , nothing was any problem, want an extra pillow, tea & coffee tray in ur room ? just ask & it is done immediately. Room was cleaned every day to a high standard . great location

Comfortable stay in Prague
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was superb. In Comfortability, service and hospitality. Perhaps what they can improve is to have the netflix fixed since they dont have much of english channel.

A great mid-range hotel with large rooms, a great breakfast and walking distance to the Old Town
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was too hot for me despite turning the heating down - I could open the window up wide, which helped. The bed was too soft for me.

The room and bathroom were very large. The furnishings were basic, but appropriate and spotless. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of hot/cold and savoury/sweet dishes. The staff were very considerate when the chip on my card was damaged, and found me some space while I sorted the issue out.

Excellent location for visiting Prague in comfort!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast had variety, but we thought it was just serviceable...

The location in Prague 1 is simply excellent and the staff are very polite and helpful!

My room was located on Level 1, directly above the lobby.
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was located on Level 1, directly above the lobby. The bar area, open to my room's adjacent stairwell, was occasionally noisy until midnight, and the cleaning staff began the day moving all the lobby furniture at 6am... This was not the most restful place I've stayed.

Hotel with good location and value for money for Prague visit
    • Double or Twin Room

This time found the room temperature far too warm , we needed to turn off the towel heater and reduced the room temp by opening window . Also still need to ask for tea/coffee making tray to be brought to room , I feel this really should be an included fixture in the room for a hotel of this standard.

We have stayed here on previous trips and often return . Has very helpful staff, good location to trams/ metro , local eating places and easy walk to old / new town areas . Rooms fine with comfortable beds. The breakfast is good with very attentive service by the staff. Valve for money.

Browse Hotel Páv traveller photo gallery