2. Czech Republic hotel reviews
  3. Prague hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of pentahotel Prague

Reviews of pentahotel Prague This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Sokolovská 112, Prague, 18600, Czech Republic

#236 of 657 hotels in Prague

Based on 2007 hotel reviews

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 12, 2019

Unhelpful staff
    • penta Standard Room

The staff was quite arrogant and unhelpful when they hadn't read the information from booking.com that we were traveling with a 7-year old. Provided us with a baby cot at first, took more than an hour, late at night to get everything resolved.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2019

Nice hotel in a good area but quite away from the centre/old tiwn
    • penta Standard Room

The twin beds put together instead of a double bed. The green soap! The floor wasn't properly cleaned.

The atmosphere in the bar during the evening. The cheesecake at breakfast.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: May 4, 2019

Nice stay, comfortable and lovely lobby area
    • penta Standard Room

The checkin and checkout processes took extraordinary long to wait. The room does not have a proper sound insulator so staying close to the elevator may annoy you at night by walking sounds.

Very comfortable room. The hotel is located in a walking distance to the closest metro station. Plenty of seats in the lobby area with pool table, TVs for live football matches, and Playstation.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 30, 2019

Nice interior and nothing more.
    • penta Standard Room

Worst reception desk I have ever seen. Very long check-in and check-out. Really impolite people. I asked for invoice - they couldn't provide me the one with right company details. This should not happen! Breakfast very mediocre.

Nice rooms, interior design, attention to detail and tidy.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

Favourite hotel... ever!
    • penta Plus Room

This place is awesome, so quirky, good food, drinks, huge room, bed made and fresh towels every day, 20min walk to old town or 3min walk to the station which is only 3 stops to the old town!

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

Great experience after all and highly recommend it for short stay
    • penta Plus Room

The only disappointment is the gym facilities very small and dark feeling like claustrophobic in the room not ideal for a work out. No swimming pool or sauna/steam room.

It’s a trendy and modern hotel has everything one needs, fairly good location, good size rooms as well as the bathroom and shower facilities, very clean, the entire staff is very accommodating and provide an enjoyable environment.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2019

We had a fabulous trip and would recommend Penta hotel to friends & family traveling to Prague.
    • penta Standard Room

The linens need help, the bottom sheets on the bed were extremely scratchy, thin frayed towels and housekeeping didn’t keep up with the room. We stayed for 5 nights and had to search for toilet paper and soap.

Without exception Penta hotel had an awesome lobby/reception area. We were a party of 10 family members including our 85 year old father, the comfort and spacious lobby allowed us to socialize at the end of long sightseeing days. We actually looked forward to getting back to the hotel to play cards and order dinner. The breakfast was very enjoyable too.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

Clean room, receptionists spoke good English.
    • penta Family Room

Bathroom furniture is too minimalistic, no place to put your clothes while taking a shower. No minibar.

Clean room, receptionists spoke good English. A lot of space in the room, very comfortable king size bed. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2019

It could be perfect, if the staff was professional..
    • penta Standard Room

The only negative thing-receptionists. I was not sure whether the breakfast is included or not, hence i asked the receptionist about it, she and her colleague confirmed twice that we do have breakfast included, however, in the morning we were not allowed to eat, and another lady informed us, that the breakfast are not included in our reservation. we felt like idiots there standing infront of the dining room.. at the end we of course, purchased it additionally, however, if we knew it from the beginning, we could avoid this negative experience!

Clean room, awesome bathroom, the lication was perfect for us and comfortable underground parking.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

Great Hotel - will be back!
    • penta Plus Room

A wonderful modern hotel. Stylish in presentation and with very friendly helpful staff. Plenty of room, pool table, PlayStation, wifi and bar! Excellent buffet breakfast. Nice sized modern rooms. Only a 15-20 straight easy walk into the Old Town.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

1. The location closed to my Office.
    • penta Single Room

1. The room 429 (if I have good memory) is located in front of the main street and obviously their is a defect with the windows (or one) which are not closing efficiently to avoid noisy pollution from the street. 2. More fresh fruits should be offered. No fresh eggs or pancakes cooking (could be even done in front of clients).

1. The location closed to my Office. 2. The bed comfort 3. The size of the room 4. The fact that you have a dedicated space to put your luggage.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2019

I will be back
    • penta Standard Room

Checking out could have been better. I had to wait for them to type up my details (which I had already provided on checking in) in order for them to issue the invoice. It was more of an irritation but not a negative point. The lady that did it had a very lovely disposition

They had a very nice selection when it came to the meals. I found the staff to be attentive and jovial and they took pains to find out if it was my first time and patiently talked me through and also gave me suggestions

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Very nice lounge.
    • penta Standard Room

Employees in the reception were not really professional. Not rude in any way, but seemed they were more interested in chatting with each other and typing on the phones than even looking up and seeing there are customers.

Very nice lounge. Clean and hip rooms.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Perfect Prague
    • penta Standard Room

The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome and special. Accommodation was spacious, very clean and comfortable. Bar area was fab. Location was perfect. We walked into old town and loved it but the trams run right by the hotel if that is your preference.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Short break in Prague
    • penta Standard Room

24 hour check-in a bonus after travelling for nearly 14 hours. Room was clean,warm and comfortable. Good power shower and easy to use tv. Excellent selection for breakfast.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

The room was big, the bed very comfortable, the breakfast...
    • penta Standard Room

The toilet seat was dirty when I lifted it, there was hair in the shower, theee was an issue with the flexible shower as it was loose and water was sprinkling from the wall. One of the towels had holes in it. The fabric of the towels was worn out.

The room was big, the bed very comfortable, the breakfast very good, the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

We loved our stay here, staff were friendly, room was lovely...
    • penta Standard Room

Nothing, we will be returning!

We loved our stay here, staff were friendly, room was lovely, bar and lobby area was a great place to relax. Overall a brilliant stay!

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Very noisy rooms, not a comfortable stay
    • penta Standard Room

This hotel was extremely noisy, we began our stay on level 1 and we felt like we were sleeping in the restaurant as noise from chairs sliding on the floor at breakfast transferred in to our rooms. The walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear other people’s conversations from rooms next to you. We complained and thankfully were moved to the 6th floor, however it was still extremely noisy. A smile or greeting from staff to their guests when entering & exiting hotel wouldn’t be a bad thing either. We wouldn’t book this hotel again.

The gentleman who checked us in showed great customer service, the complimentary beer whilst we waited for our room was a nice touch. Early check in also helped us.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2018

Unpleasant
    • penta Standard Room

I contacted the hotel a few weeks before I was due to stay with them to inform them of an injury I sustained. My injury resulted in me being in an airboot and using two crutches. Before I made the decision to continue with my break I wanted to ensure the hotel could meet my needs. The hotel responded to my contact and reassured me they could meet my needs. Unfortunately, when I arrived it was very apparent they could not. On arrival there was about 6-8 steps, approx 2,3 metres wide with no hand rails. Our room, the shower had a good size step I had to hop up on to be able to use it , again no rails to assist which meant I only had 1 shower for the duration of my stay. Due to my restrictions of my mobility, before arriving, I asked the hotel if I could borrow a wheelchair which they assisted with which I was very grateful. The wheelchair did not fit in the lift and there was no ramp at the front of the hotel so for the first day I hopped down the steps to be able to use it, on that same day, on arriving back to the hotel we noticed a ramp to the side of the hotel, when we enquired about this, no hotel staff knew how to operate the doors to access this. We had this same encounter, every day I used the ramp and was made to feel such an inconvenience to the hotel, asking to use this. May I add this exit, is a fire exit. Due to the hotel Not being able to facilitate my needs, it made the experience stay very stressful and not relaxing.

Some staff were very helpful and polite which made up for the few staff that was just rude and unhelpful.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Meh
    • penta Standard Room

Got overcharged by 171 euro and still waiting for any communication from the hotel regarding my complaint

Location was next to metro, so easy to get to all sites

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Second time in this hotel My room was close to the...
    • penta Single Room

Second time in this hotel My room was close to the conference place so very noisy the first time was really better...my bed also was small...first time were really better than the second time....it should be inverse...towels also should be changed for new ones...very olds...nice ratio quality/price althought...

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

The bed
    • penta Single Room

Staff, there were no cups left for tea at breakfast time so I asked a staff member if she could find some. She told me there were no more cups as the dishwasher was full and just walked away!!! There were no shower caps in the shower may not seem like a big deal but it is if you have just had your hair done and would like a quick shower before heading out.

The bed

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

A great stay in a busy Hotel with a good atmosphere and very friendly staff.
    • penta Plus Room

We did go to breakfast at a popular time and it was very busy and there were queues for coffee etc. Staff found it hard to keep up with refilling the various food stations. Should have gone earlier but we were on holiday! The bathroom in proportion to size of bedroom was small.

Staff were really friendly and we liked the large bar area for drinking and relaxing. The room was a great size and bed huge and really comfortable. Our room was quiet and Hotel in a great location for the tram and metro.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Very cheap bed mattress
    • penta Standard Room

Bed mattresses are extremely (!) cheap and uncomfortable. If you have a problem with your back, don't choose this hotel (!). It's really amazing that somebody decided to huge amount of money to build and run a hotel, and then saves few thousand on super cheap mattresses. Another quite strange feature is, that the bottom floor of the hotel is basically a bar. And the reception is part of the bar. So you come in at 20:00 to check in, tired and worn out from traveling all day - and you stand at the reception/bar, and next to you are people drinking Martini's and having fun - and looking at you. Very unusual, and bit uncomfortable feeling. You of course then have to cross the bar with your luggage :)

Nice interior design of both hotel and rooms, great location, big parking lots in garage (getting in/out of car is comfortable) great WiFi. Breakfast are very good (but cost 16 EUR!), price vs quality (except beds) is quite good, nice staff

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

A very modern and nice hotel close to the river in Prague
    • penta Standard Room

It was a bit further than we thought and although we paid for a double bed, we just got two beds next to each other. The TV wasn't working either, although that doesn't matter as we didn't come to Prague to watch TV...

The room was really big and comfy! We loved our beds - they were really big and comfy (although we asked to have a double big one). Everything was super clean and modern. And the bar is just spectacular! We didn't have food in the hotel, but the drinks were great and the environment was chic and attractive.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

It's ok but could be better.
    • penta Standard Room

- When we arrived they had lost my reservation somehow and it took them 20min to make it right. I don't get why not just send me to the room and take care of it later. Nothing worse than having to wait more after a flight. - Breakfast was a nightmare. The area is definitely too small for the number of people, I struggled to get food and find a place to sit. Often there was no coffee or juice available. - I was in the 1st floor and you could hear the music in the lobby. Not really loud but not the best experience.

- Place was comfortable and clean - The lobby was nice and good to hangout

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Overall a lovely experience. Just a few tiny improvements to make!
    • penta Standard Room

Would've appreciated a top-up of bottled water with the cleaning. The towels were a little bit small and tired looking. There was loud construction opposite our room (209) from about 8am. Breakfast seemed a little on the pricey side. Pre-auth was taken off my card without my permission to do so.

Hotel and room was fantastically designed and very comfortable, amazing shower! Staff were friendly. The hotel was very close to the metro station. Good service at the bar.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

The right spot
    • penta Standard Room

Seems a bit expensive. There's no iorn or hair dryer in the rooms.

Very clean and close enough to the town. UBER is a must for transport fast and reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Nice, chick hotel with lively ambience.
    • penta Family Room

Space in the restaurant for breakfast was limited (crowded) but on Sunday they adapted a conference room as additional breakfast area (helped a lot).

Food in the restaurant is very good but pricey. Nice perks in the hotel (pool table, PS4, free movies in the room, etc). Nice bar with full cocktail list

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

the hotel is very nice, well located and clean.
    • penta Standard Room

The breakfast between 9 to 10 am is like an animal trough!! it is not acceptable this kind of mess for a 4 stars hotel! There were ppl eat standing everywhere, worried to die without food! We try to have a breakfast once but we had to leave because was a very uncomfortable situation.

the hotel is very nice, well located and clean. The hotel is a kind of new format and the hall is located in a nice restaurant, full of ppl, music and great food.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Good location, friendly staff, amazing lounge in foyer
    • penta Standard Room

Paper thin walls, if your room is located on the first floor prepare to be woken up by either meetings or loud vacuuming housekeeping at 8am every morning so if your planning a lie in, don’t 🤣

Good location, friendly staff, amazing lounge in foyer

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Funky place in the town.
    • penta Standard Room

Looks like old factory workers' hotel remade to be modern and trendy, which main disadvantage is claustrophobic space. Also hard to find healthy food on breakfast.

Nice location, no problem with underground parking, functional funky lobby. Overall looks very good and liked it.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

• penta Single Room

The service provided by majority of the staff was absolutely terrible- rude, unqualified and slow. Dishes provided during lunch and breakfast often dirty. Room overall not very clean, small and uncomfortable. Would not recommend

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Great and clean room with interesting modern design
    • penta Family Room

Slow free WiFi Usually there are no free tables on breakfast, you will have to wait. No minibar in the room.

Great and clean room with interesting modern design Rich breakfast Nice bar with a pleasant atmosphere instead of the reception Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Good stay. Great staff!!!
    • penta Single Room

I didn't like the fact the room was not equipped with more closet and desk space and a mini bar. I would recommend more English speaking channels besides the news channels

The location to surrounding shops.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Average hotel with PAID internet and horrible shower
    • penta Single Room

Only problem with breakfast is chaotic location of the tables around the reception desk which is also the bar in one. Strange solution. What made me crazy is internet connection which is NOT usable even for mails. Crazy slow limited down to 0.1Mb! Yes in year 2018! If you want premium internet which is basically just normal ine you have to pay around 8Euros per day!!! And shower is the other story. The shower corner is exactly best example how the desigh is ABOVE functionality. It's small, floor is flat and thus water goes out once you finish, does not matter if your shower took 5 or 35 mins.Who invented this system was probably very simple person. Due to facts above I cannot rate this hotel more than 5 - 6 of 10.Iam sorry.

Hotel itself and its location was very good. Room size big enough. Breakfast average, but tasty. Crew allowed me to do late check out.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Very good indeed. I'd happily stay there again
    • penta Single Room

The availability of low carbohydrate food late at night. Pizzas were the only think available after i arrived.

The support from the staff was excellent!

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Beautiful hotel and great location!
    • penta Standard Room

lovely hotel and nice location! everything is close to hotel including nice restaurants and bars and supermarkets! rooms are good size and very nicely designed!

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

The breakfast was amazing.
    • penta Standard Room

Its not a 15 min walk to the old town it was more like half an hour to 45 mins. Close to Florenc bus station.

The breakfast was amazing. I actually felt sorry for the staff, there was an obvious muck up through bookings.com, saying a bar fridge would be in the room, the hotel has never had fridges. Bookings.com also said we would have a balcony. When we pointed these out to the staff, they couldnt do enough to help us.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Decent value and location.
    • penta Standard Room

The reception area is a bit chaotic - a mixture of check in and bar. The strangest thing was when we needed a courtesy sewing kit, available in most hotels. It would be £75 to deliver to our room, or free at reception. When I got to reception they said it was £25. Someone must have got that wrong! We picked one up for next to nothing just down the road.....

Staff were generally helpful. The shower was excellent.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

I won't come again to this place

At 17:00 my room was still not cleaned and we couldn't check in. The stuff didn't offer us any compensation and we had to come and walk up to the reception several times to find out when the room was finally ready. We won't come again!

The hotel is a bot dark but got quite fancy furniture. The bar/reception offers a good selection of drinks. Breakfast wasn't bad but also not overwhelming.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Comfortable stay in Prague within walking distance from the Old Town.
    • penta Plus Room

The check-in process was chaotic. We arrived at the hotel at about 11h00 after two long intercontinental flights and elected to wait and work from the hotel's restaurant, after asking about the possibility of an earlier than 15h00 check-in. No rooms were ready and when 15h00 arrived our room still was not ready. We were told to wait another half an hour. Despite knowing we were there waiting since 11h00 no one cared enough to assist us with our check-in, even after this was now late by 30 mins already. A tour group arrived shortly after 15h00 and the poor desk clerk had her hands full to accommodate multiple guests all trying to check in from 15h00, plus this large tour group of people. We had to wait in line to be helped although we were there much earlier than all of the other guests. The effect was that we arrived in our room close to 16h00 only and that left a bit of a bad taste in our mouths.

Spacious rooms with modern tv and coffee making facilities. Vending machine on floor for drinks and snacks. Hotel is also situated directly adjacent to a Lidl supermarket which is very convenient. The free wifi is fast and reliable. Public transport stations are located within a short walk of the hotel. The Old Town is a 20-min brisk walk away from the hotel. Starbucks coffee shop and good restaurants located within a few metres of the hotel.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Helpful and welcoming staff;
    • penta Standard Room

Slow free wifi; paid additionally for "fast internet" but was still too slow for a skype videocall. Busy reception desk.

Helpful and welcoming staff; cool interior; spacious room; location.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

My 4th stay in this boutique hotel and not disappointed
    • penta Plus Room

A room with a bath would be nice!!!

This is the 4th time I have stayed at the Pentahotel Prague I continually come back to the hotel as I find the staff to be amongst the friendliest I have ever met and I feel very welcome there It’s such a bespoke boutique hotel...absolutely wonderful

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Awesome
    • penta Standard Room

Poor wifi. Housekeeping employees doesn’t speak english. Receptionist should be more focus on their responsibilities when they check out the guests: like asking question if payment should be done by credit card or cash.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

I received a welcome drink according to my request!
    • penta Plus Room

The mattresses are too soft, the internet was very slow, you can only get somewhat faster for extra fee. The breakfast is okay, but it can be boring after a while. Elevators are very slow. Other things are good.

I received a welcome drink according to my request! The staff is very attentive and helpful! The rooms are very spacious. All the decorations and enterior has really funny jokes all around the building.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Love the design of the hotel and friendly staff.
    • penta Standard Room

Very thin and absolutely not comfortable pillows (our sleeping became better after we asked for extra pillows). Deposit at the check in. Cigarette smell in the corridors. Small room for 3 people.

Love the design of the hotel and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Location is good.
    • penta Plus Room

I paid for the room, which was 35sq.m. However, when I checked-in, the room that I got was with the sofa and no bed 😕 I thought it was a joke. I called to the reception and then switched the room, but! The room was barely 10sq.m. I booked double bed and got a single bed instead, which was barely fitting into the room. Room was a hostel type, definitely not a hotel room. Manager has offered compensation, which was nice, but it was overall a very poor experience. I booked hotel for few hours and those were worse few hours of my life 😣 Maybe wasn’t my day. Overall hotel was nice and clean.

Location is good. Room was overall clean.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Great breakfast!
    • penta Standard Room

Don't ask the front desk to call you a cab because they have an agreement with an overpriced car service. Call/hail your own cab or use Uber/similar if you need to go somewhere far.

Great breakfast! Great attention to all the little details. Clean and comfy. Cool lobby/bar/lounge.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Great hotel with nice theme
    • penta Plus Room

Issue with TV in the room, but solved it Quite far away from city center

Rooms are bigger Nice customer service Quiet Easy parking on the street around the hotel

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Hotel facilities like cleanliness and room look and hotel ambience is very good to be honest !
    • penta Single Room

Attitude ! They charged me as soon as I entered saying it’s just a pre safety to check card. I got an alert from bank saying my money was deducted but they argued and argued that it’s just pre authorisation . Any hotel let’s u pay after yr stay but here they pounce on yr card . Hence the option of cash was not given or my other card I would prefer using was not taken as the payment was done . They deducted it from the one they had in the system used for free cancellation booking .com When I tried asking her something she wasn’t very friendly . Asked her for quiet room and she said there wasn’t much option . It’s not what you say but how you say!!! The European man after me was greeted with a smile . ???? So anyways that being said I changed my room as they had interconnected me with a door inbetween saying it’s fine . No it’s not fine ! You can’t give customers interconnecting doors in new places . I don’t want to be connected to a stranger z Finally they changed it . I had just a night and this took lots of my time. I travel a lot being a travel writer and I know when there is good service and when it’s not that good .

Hotel looks cool when you enter Pool lounge bar all that Rooms are good comfy clean but certain chargers don’t work in their points Had to borrow Location was ok Had to take the sub Not a great deal to do around but as I said the rooms were clean so important tick

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

good value for money but it was more like a night club with rooms than a normal hotel
    • penta Standard Room

the hotel and the reception was operating as a night club or bar. i strungled to do a checkin from a barwoman in a noicy place. the staff and generally the service staff in all prague was very cold non polite and difficult to communicate. maybe if they had a normal reception it would be better experience. the hotel is ridicusly dark. all the walls in the corridors are painted almost black the lobby is alwayss very very dark which is terrible during the day

we had a fridge and a cofee maker in the room the design of the lobby and reception was unique and was like a night club or bar and it was also operating as a bar. but this was also a problem because you need a regular reception

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Staff were very, very friendly.
    • penta Family Room

The door to the hallway seemed rather thin. We could hear the neighbor's kids running around. Although they were noisier than the average travelers.

Staff were very, very friendly.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Fun hotel with great staff and fresh atmosphere
    • penta Plus Room

WiFi connectivity was poor. There was a service charge for high-speed, but still unreliable.

Great location in a nice neighborhood - close to the town center without being in the middle of everything.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Would love to go back to the hotel
    • penta Family Room

During our stay ,housekeeping would never wash the cups used in the room for tea and coffee. And a few times they forgot to put the mat in the shower too.

Our stay was excellent, and location was perfect. Very close to old town , yet very peaceful.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

I can't wait the next time i can go to Prague again and stay with this hotel.
    • penta Plus Room

The accommodation was good and staff was very nice and helpfull everytime i got a question for them. The hole place got an atmosphere what is worth to visit. The breakfast was delicious every morning.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

RECOMMENDED FOR DEFINITE
    • penta Plus Room

HARD TO SAY, BAR STAFF NOT ALWAYS PERFECT BUT HEAD BAR STAFF BRILLIANT, DIFFERENCE COULD BE SEEN

EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED AND ASKED FOR, GREAT BED, GREAT BALCONY, GREAT ROOM, GREAT PLACE AND LOVELY HOTEL. AMBIENCE AND ATMOSPHERE IS LOVELY, HAD LUNCH ANOTHER GREAT

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Good place to spend the night on a business trip, but plan extra time for check-out
    • penta Standard Room

Waiting for check-out for >30 minutes on Thursday morning - express check-out should be available!

Close to the office, nice room with comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Seemed to be style over substance
    • penta Standard Room

There was no wardrobe or drawers for putting clothes in. Just a hanging rail with hangers above a worktop so nowhere to hang longer clothes such as dresses or formal clothes. No fridge in the room either. Transfer arranged both ways and wasn't there on arrival- i was told they were waiting for 3 hours which could have been an honest mistake. However when leaving the taxi didn't arrive in the morning either despite my requesting it the day before. I asked for them to phone and check after waiting 10 minutes. The driver then told me it hadn't been booked the day before and they hadn't known anything about it. This was stressful when leaving for the airport.

Nice atmosphere in the bar/restaurant

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Everything was great there.
    • penta Standard Room

Everything was great there. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms where clean and tidy. Close to the subway station and close to the Old Town.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Bed was really comfortable, shower and bathroom was really...
    • penta Single Room

Had people screaming all day and night. Staff were below average. When I arrived the staff member just looked at me. Bought a drink and just left me standing there for 10 mins while she did something else.

Bed was really comfortable, shower and bathroom was really good as was the air conditioning. Fitness facilities were really good, good vibe downstairs

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Good location and very modern hotel with lovely lounge area...
    • penta Standard Room

The housekeeping is done quite early. One morning, we were woken by housekeeping staff at 8.30am. We hadn’t put on a ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door but we were planning to leave by 10.30am and didn’t think housekeeping would arrive before then. The other complaint I have is the WiFi which I couldn’t get to work. I didn’t ask the hotel staff to sort this out so I don’t know if this would have been resolved if I sought help.

Good location and very modern hotel with lovely lounge area with pool table and PlayStation.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

We had a great time in and out of the hotel.
    • penta Standard Room

The shower tray tended to leak water onto the floor - really small point and the only negative I can think of.

The reception was part of the bar, so there was always someone available to serve drinks or check-ins/outs. Great staff.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

great value for your money - I would recommend it my friends ;)
    • penta Plus Room

Parking for 20€ per night is a little bit to expensive but it seems it is the common price for hotel-parking

- clean and spacious room - tram station in front of the Hotel, metro station around the corner (line B) - from Charles Bridge along the river it takes ~30min by foot - nice neighbourhood with restaurants and bars - two supermarkets around the hotel (Billa and Lidl 3-4 min by foot) - rich and diversified breakfast (16€ p.P) - nice Hotelbar (24/7 open), Pool Billard Table and a small library to sit down and enjoying a drink, also other amenities for children (PS4 Station)

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Food was really nice, lots of vegetarian options.
    • penta Standard Room

Check in took a long time as staff were continuously answering phonecalls during the process.

Food was really nice, lots of vegetarian options. Nice ambience in restaurant also.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Good hotel, service was excellent, but a bit expensive
    • penta Standard Room

Prices are horridness as for Czech Rep., we had to pay 22 euros pay day for parking. What a rip off

It was clean and very comfortable. They delivered food to our room in no time, service was absolutely excellent.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Much needed relief after AirBnB mishap
    • penta Plus Room

The one small thing is that the complementary bottle of water was sparkling water. I don't like sparkling water.

Fantastic hotel. Our room was excellent, very comfortable and spacious. The decor of the whole hotel was very moden and cool, giving the place a great vibe. The lounge area was class, with plenty of comfortable seats and great amenities (free pool table and Ps4 available). The staff were excellent as well.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Excellent stay
    • penta Standard Room

Do not let the hotel call a taxi for you - they use some private contractors with no taximeters and they ask a fixed rate, which is way higher than the regular. Also can only be paid in cash. Also if needed to extend your stay, let the reception know the morning of your expected departure. We needed a late check out that was confirmed the day before, but somehow forgotten when the day arrived. It all ended well, though, so it was a minor mishaps.

The hotel is located in a beautiful and peaceful part of town that is a short 15-minute walk from the Old Town. The general interior has strong hints to industrial New York style, yet somehow being executed in a very luxurious manner. If you love rock'n'roll and luxury you will love this hotel! The standard room is pleasantly spacious and tastefully furbished. All rooms have a proper balcony you can sit on and enjoy the sun or a zip of coffee. The beds are huge and extremely comfortable, almost impossible to wake up from in time for breakfast. Breakfast itself is rather simple continental option that is nothing out of the ordinary but does keep the tummy full for long. The main key of this hotel is the staff - you will not find better and happier people than the ones working at this location. Nothing is impossible for them, they will never say no to your questions and will work hard to find a solution even to the most complicated issues. Or make you drinks and foods that are not a part of the menu. Chilling and having a good time at the bar/lobby has never been more fun!

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

On the floor we stayed on, were some construction works done...
    • penta Standard Room

On the floor we stayed on, were some construction works done early in the morning and took the whole morning. The noise woke us up and it was it impossible to sleep there anymore. I understand that it was just one occasion but the staff should reflect such matters when accommodating guests.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Spent most of my time at the bar, trying drinks and making friends with the staff and playing pool.
    • penta Standard Room

Amazing! Clean, Comfortable, Great Staff, Amazing Drinks and Food, Area is nice and walking distance from town. well recommended to stay. Great Lobby to just hang out and enjoy yourself! Pool Table, PlayStation, plenty of couches with TV's to keep you busy.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

We had such a comfortable stay at this hotel. Highly recommended. I wouldn't hesitate to come back.
    • penta Plus Room

We had stayed at a different hotel in Prague when we travelled with a bus tour. It was a contrast in quality between the two hotels. I absolutely loved this hotel. The staff are friendly. The hotel is very modern. The location is great.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Great but with bad ending
    • penta Standard Room

I tried to book an extra night on top of the three nights that i booked via booking.com. But the receptionist completely misunderstood, made a double booking and even pushed me to pay for five nights insteed of four when checking out.

Nice hotel, cosy bar & lobby area, easy location

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

It could have been better but it's not a kind of place I will have fond memories of
    • penta Standard Room

Some of the staff not so good one man made me stand and wait for him to check if I had paid. It felt to me that he for some reason believed that I could have avoided payment. The following morning I dealt with a receptionist a blonde lady who seemed apprehensive and I had to exercise real restraint to try and not get offended. All was not lost I met some fabulous people as well who were helpful and one of them was called els and the receptionist I met on the day when I checked out was fabulous. She saved the day. As for housekeeping that left dirty coffee mugs in the room and an undusted side table, it was just shocking. This is a well run hotel but my suspicion was that this could have been one of those race related challenges. The reason I amsaying this is that house keeping ladies saw me step out of the room and this was followed by no proper cleaning. I had to ask for clean coffee mugs and there was no milk for the coffee.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Overall good experience.
    • penta Standard Room

On the expensive side for Prague considering its not even in the city centre, and breakfast was not included and it was too expensive to buy separately on a daily basis. The walls were thin and I could hear the noisy conversations of the people in the room next door.

Modern, spacious and very clean room. Air-conditioning, friendly staff and great service. Nice and inviting common area, there were billiard tables and comfortable couches.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

The rooms, the ambience, the staff are all amazing and cool!
    • penta Plus Room

Rooms need a bit more sound proofing.

The rooms, the ambience, the staff are all amazing and cool!! I moved from on other hotel over here, because the previous one had missed the mark. When I checked into Penta, the difference was remarkably stark but very pleasant. I love the idea of the bartenders checking you in. It gives the place a relaxed atmosphere. Then you have the PlayStation pod, for lack of a better word, though I don’t play it, it’s a cool idea to have. Loved their concept of maxi bar, I couldn’t get it to work, but the bar is open pretty much round the clock so you can get pretty much anything from there. The room was nice and spacious, bathroom was nice and clean. Overall a wonderful experience. This is the place I will recommend people to stay in. For a lone traveler, the ambience takes off the edge and stuffiness that you see in other hotels.

We Price Match