Reviews of Art Deco Imperial Hotel 5 stars

Na Poříčí 15, Prague, 110 00, Czech Republic

#64 of 612 hotels in Prague

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Well, let me start by saying that the experience was Good, perhaps Great!!!.. it’s our First time in Prague, so we’re very excited .We checked in around 2pm early from the norms. And Daniel at the reception is very helpful explaining and assisting us in everything, I ask for the higher floor and he didn’t hesitate to checked and make sure he meet our expectations (which is very unusual for most Czech National as Customer Service is not really their specialty)... So it’s classified as a 5 star Hotel, but I will rate it as 4 star based for my personal experience related to Hotels everywhere.. Design of the Hotel is the same as what you can see in the Photo, Rooms, Marble Bathrooms, Paintings and The Design of Cafe Imperial Restaurant is impressive and they have a lot of variety for the breakfast so opt for breakfast included... Overall Experience is 4 out of 5 . I think the Hotel can improve more !!!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not sure I could suggest any improvements,

Everything from the appearance and atmosphere to the excellent restaurant, superb customer service and staff.

• Suite

Nothing to report

An amazing location. The suite was a perfect size and concierge was extremely helpful. The receptionists were very helpful too. Lord the hotel.

Advertising photos are generic and may not reflect actual room amenities. Walk in shower only available in some rooms. Confirm directly. Also be aware that the tram out front makes a lot of noise, so ask for a high courtyard room.

Great food and comfortable room. Short walk to major sites. Good breakfast !

Like most hotels in Europe, not enough English speaking TV channels

This is a beautiful hotel decorated in the Art Deco theme. Our room was larger than normal, very clean and with a large bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The restaurant, Cafe Imperial, was top class, so much so that my wife and I dined there each evening. The staff, particularly the concierge staff, were very helpful. I would also recommend booking airport transfers through the hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Superb room with stunning view, and facilities were great right across the board. Pool area is an added little gem especially after a long day of walking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the beauty of the city (which is a mere short walk away). Sheer perfection!

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Loved this hotel from start to finish. Very friendly and helpful and let us check in 2 hours early. Our executive room was beautiful, clean with tea and coffee facilities and a fridge. Breakfast in the restaurant was amazing. Great choice and open up to 10.30 for those of us that like a lie in on holiday. We were given a map and hints on places to go and trans we could catch to go exploring. The location of the hotel is only 10 mins walk though from the beautiful old town. Dinner in the restaurant was a proper dining experience and a must. We even got back on day 2 to find a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for me as it was my bday. They just have either seen it on my booking form or my cards up on display. Such a nice touch. One of my favourite hotels I have stayed in.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location, very beautiful and stylish. Good breakfast, very friendly and efficient stuff. Great limousine service between airport and hotel. Very nice bar near reception. Breakfast served in the charming Art Deco Imperial restaurant, which is open also for outsiders in the morning and seems very popular among Japanese tourists.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The very high bathtubs made it difficult to get in and out. But staff did ask if needed a step stool

Hotel was in a great location to all interesting attractions.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent location! Close to main sights but in a quieter location. We were allowed to check in 3 hours earlier which was great! As it was my husband’s birthday, they surprised us with a bottle of wine, card and chocolates in our room! Staff were exceptionally welcoming and helpful. Breakfast room decor and breakfast were amazing!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

From start to finish the whole experience of staying at the Art Deco Hotel was wonderful. We paid for transfers to and from the Airport both of which were prompt and highly efficient. All the staff in the hotel were friendly and attentive, and the adjoining Cafe served delicious breakfasts and dinner in the most glorious surroundings. The room was very luxurious and the bed extremely comfortable. The hotel is located a short walk from the centre of the City, with tram and bus stops nearby for more distant rips to the Castle etc. Definitely an excellent choice.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The charm of the hotel itself

This hotel is beautiful! The staff was nice and helpful.it was nice to a nice square with food and shopping. It is located in the old Jewish square. I would recommend a cab to go to the castle bing it is at the top of a large steep hill and then one can walk back.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

ALL was GREAT, far exceeded my expectations. Prague is the BEST city in the world I have EVER visited and the Imperial Hotel is fantastic and VERY well located.. I WILL be going back for sure.

Turkish sauna was cold.

Friendly staff. We had a rooftop room that was quiet and beautiful design. View was to the sky where you could see airplane or pigeons. Breakfast had many choices in a beautiful cafe. Omelette was tasty. Finnish sauna was great.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a very good standard and lots of choice. Staff very helpful. We had an evening meal in the hotel restaurant which was an excellent meal.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

The time there wish we could have stayed longer.We

Staff very friendly and always willing to help and offer helpful advice.We used the hotel driver and car as part of our days out again very reliable.The Art Deco style of the hotel was nice to see.Breakfast was a great start to the day plenty to eat and staff very polite.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bathtub is bit high and non slip mat not available. I rather prefer shower corners because of a knee surgery. My bad that I din't ask - in advance- for a room with a shower. Or a simple mat..I am convinced that I will get one :)

The room and all hotel premises are extremely clean! Fantastic art deco ornaments, colors, design.! Good music and nice fragrances around :) Mr. Martin Polomik was fantastic, high professional, every single moment having a good advice and a nice smile! Wonderful service, great and various breakfast offer.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Small shower. When scanning through the room description for the view, I saw the listing reads "City View", so was looking forward to that, but then when we didn't get a city view, I looked again and it really feels like false advertising that the listing then says "courtyard view" (meaning "no view at all") hidden much further down at the bottom.

Received easter chocolates from the hotel, which was a lovely touch. Room was clean and very spacious. Coffee machine in the room was good. Staff were all very friendly and keen to help. Bed was very comfortable with good pillows.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent conditions, friendly staff, convenient location for visiting the city! With a special mention for Cafe Imperial - do not miss the chance to enjoy a tasty dinner there in a cosy atmospere!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I understand that the hotel carries for the environment, but I am just used to have bottles of free sparkling water in the room. You can buy the water or drink from the tap. In this class hotel the water should be free.

Great location Friendly and helpful staff Great breakfast

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very poor choices and low quality breakfast for a 5 star hotel. We noticed that hygiene was not kept (the lady moved the cheese with bare hands) however I should mention that the supervisor reacted professionally. Non adequate public space to relax (congested, not reflecting the photos in Booking).

Room decoration, atmosphere and cleaning, professional staff, great location , art deco style, good internet connection.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

What I didn't like is the restaurant art deco imperial cafe and restaurant didn't have enough space for hotel guests. I was refused twice from dinner because I didn't make a reservation in advance, and then they ask me to come back around 9 pm who want's to have a dinner at 9pm? and wait for two hours?!They should have always free tables left for hotel guests! Also because it was a busy time and hotel was fully booked, still should everyone be treated in a same way not only guests from USA or UK!

Design of the hotel and the cremic tiles art,also vintage furnishing and vintage bathrooms

-nothing

+The hotel is classic but comfortable. +Employees are sweet even gracious gifts of honeymoon chocolate and handwritten cards. +Breakfast with goo coffee. +92 EUR / night is great price.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Most charming, excellent and helpful staff - the Residence Agnes was well situated in the city a few minutes from the old square. We echo the comments referring to the generosity of the management driving us to the restaurants each evening and once paying our return fare for a taxi. Thank you Frank and team!

Nothing to dislike

Very stylish and comfortable. Great location for exploring. Staff were very polite and helpful. Brilliant breakfast. The hotel restaurant provided excellent food at very good prices in one of the most imposing settings I've ever eaten in. My bedroom was fantastic and I had very restful sleep. Furnishings of the highest quality. The value for money was outstanding. I would like to visit Prague again will stay at the Imperial for sure.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Couldn't imagine better hotel for romantic weekend with my love :) Everything was just excellent. It's definately the best hotel I've ever been to. One more time BIG THANK YOU for champagne surprise. You are the best! :)

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Fantastic Art Deco Hotel ! The room was very clean and comfortable. Delicious breakfast and the service was superb. Great location as all the sights are within walking distance.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a little overpriced but we had lunch in the restaurant and it was excellent. Hotel also organised massages on the Sunday at our request which was nice way to unwind in spa. Generally good all round and very reasonably priced.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location was poor, noise from street at night, no double bed but 2 singles pushed together, visible limescale in bathroom, poor bar area

Room size, welcome drink, nice staff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great room upgrade and as it was our Anniversary they put a bottle of fizz in the room for us and the staff where fantastic But Prague was very cold but great to see will do it again when it’s wsrmer

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is beautiful with a great decorative style. The staff are very friendly and very kindly had a bottle of wine, chocolate almonds and some gingerbread cookies as a birthday gift for my husband in the room when we arrived. Breakfast is really good and served in the beautiful Cafe Imperial. Thank you for making our stay in Prague so special

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The only thing I didn't like was there was no air con in the gym which made it extremely difficult to work out

The location of the hotel was great and within easy walking distance to the main square. Our room was large and decorated and furnished beautifully in the art deco style. Massive, comfortable bed The restaurant attached to the hotel where you eat breakfast was spot on

Everything was perfect

Beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. Very romantic and charming art deco style throughout. Exceeded expectations. Staff very helpful and friendly. Everything you could wish for in a hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- Wellness-Area very small - Location is not perfect, but close to!

+ Very nice interior, big rooms and very elegant bathrooms + Very very good breakfast in a spectacular dining room

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel, when I had a problem with my room the lovely staff sorted it out very quickly and professionally. The sauna was great and really relaxing. A wonderful stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The air in the room was very dry.

Bedroom size was good and the facilities around the hotel were very good. The restaurant was great for breakfast and staff were very friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Trams immediately outside hotel a bonus but consequent slight rumble in room as they pass.

Excellent helpful staff, beautiful air conditioned room, very good cafe/restaurant within hotel offering amazing comprehensive breakfast. Quiet room considering very central location.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bar was little different story, survived, but expected more from waiter at this kind of hotel..

Great customer service at the reception. Really pleased. Nice rooms, good breakfast.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Art Deco was a great choice. It is a unique place to stay due to its particular design. Walking distance to everything in Prague - old and new town. The room was comfortable, quiet and well equipped with mini bar, safe, kettle, iron ect. Hotel staff superb without exception. Highly recommend to eat at hotel restaurant Cafe Imperial as the food is delicious! Can't really think of any negatives. Would love to stay here again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The check-out clerk hadn't printed a copy of our final bill for us to check prior to charging our card. He seemed pretty surprised when we asked to see a detailed bill including the items we'd added and the taxes etc. But to be fair, he did print one out when we asked for it.

The cafe was excellent as was the breakfast. Good central location without being noisy. Close to underground / tram links. Decor was exceptional and we received a complimentary room upgrade. Really clean and great toiletries supplied in the bathroom. Sauna and steam room are worth a visit.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I would have liked more leisure facilities eg pool. I think the bar needs to be redecorated to be more in keeping with the theme of the hotel.

Bed comfortable Breakfast very nice Cafe imperial food in evening was excellent Loved the Art Deco features Lovely cocktails in bar Good staff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was completely blind-sided by the entry on Booking.com. The room was tiny and ugly - not the beautiful grand Art Deco style I spent hours searching for. The hotel has little more than a cold and impersonal restaurant. The halls are dark and the staff didn't move from their desks or say much. Not even a "how was your stay?" - which always bugs me. Overall, it's not a bad hotel, but I picked it especially for the art deco romanticism style the website suggested, and it's a far cry from that. The iron was rubbish, the furniture old, I wasn't over-enthused.

Not a lot, to be honest. The bathroom was fairly nice - well lit and well stocked.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

City View is not special - although this didn’t bother us as it was January (so either dark or overcast outside)

Beautiful interiors and large and very comfortable room (even though ours was a standard double). Also very clean and well located (5-10 minutes from top of the old town and 30 minutes from Charles Bridge) so that we felt close to the sights but far away from the stag dos! Breakfast is pricey but buffet selection is good and the atmosphere very nice.

localization, restaurant and hotel art nouveau decoration, the concierge service, kindness of the personnel. It is the 4th time we stay in this hotel and still very satisfied. we recommend this address

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Absolute perfection. Great location, amazing building and decor, staff are world class, so welcoming and polite. Great value for money. Me and my partner stayed there for our birthdays and we each received surprise gifts in our room during the stay. Really made our stay in Prague just perfect. The reception and concierge service is extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. The Imperial Cafe downstairs is beautiful and the food equally good.

nothing it was superb

This hotel was amazing, superb rooms and very comfortable beds. Breakfast was great 6.30 to 10am and a great selection that was constantly topped up. Only 20 mins walking distance from all central areas, tram stop close by so easy to get about. Staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble, everyone was really helpful, but especially the Guest Relationship Manager, she was brilliant and really made our stay enjoyable. She was so helpful. I will be going back, I have been to Prague numerous times and this is by far the best accommodation I have had to date, with regards to location, comfort, facilities and great staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the steam room was a little smelly

exceptional breakfast in terms of choice and quality. spectacular dining room. spa, although small was very good and we had it to ourselves every day!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Noise from road with trams Room too hot Room not serviced when required and re-requested twice

Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice Very large bed Thank you for the personal touch of the birthday card and wine for my wife. Very good customer service

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

You can not enter the garage by yourself. Restaurant was more than half empty, yet the waiter told me not to eat longer than one hour. I chose duck confit -let's be honest not a complicated dish- yet it wasn't good compared to the price level.

Location is excellent.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wi Fi never worked despite several attempts by staff and IT provider support manually connecting to network but connection still couldn’t be maintained. (We could use Wi Fi in other places where available so wasn’t our devices). This constrained day to day planning for sightseeing and also research required for managing my husbands injury especially in the first day and a half when he was confined to the room.

My husband was injured and staff went out of their way to help organise a doctor and found a wheelchair when it was required. Also, when there was a mix up with car booking for airport transfer ( 6am instead of pm and they woke us!) there was no charge for the transfer ( would have been 650 czk).

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My room was very small, the breakfast buffet was consisting of meet and bread and some fruit, not much offered for a vegetarian

art deco icon in central location. Rooms are modern but small. Ask for room to the backside as the tram passes in front of hotel

Internet was unreliable and slow for last 2 of 5 nights

Very comfortable king size bed in warm room. Excellent breakfast buffet. Helpful reception staff and concierge.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The whole room looks older than the pictures but still beautiful, comfortable and clean. Good location, walking distance to many tourist spots. The room price is a bit high but totally worth it.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No comment because there is none

All of the above can not explain this hotel BUT You have to like the old style of things This is not a modern hotel but its right up there in terms of being in the 21 sr century. Very large rooms marble Barthroon with all you would need even as far as a nail file not many hotels supply that sort of thing and we have travelled from Paris by car and have had many stops, this beats all. Oh Location Location Location.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel. Everything perfect asdie from the bathroon in the disabled room having very little space to put your things around the sink as you didn't get the same as a standard room.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lobby was fairly shabby. Some staff were excellent, but others were unfriendly and did not go out of their way to help. The room was somewhat small and crowded. The bathtub was weirdly high and hard to get into.

The breakfast was very good. There were some interesting deco elements in the hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

unreliable wifi, small room size, curtains did not work, breakfast variety was not great, checkin was amateurish

Art Deco decor, design and architecture, breakfast room

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only criticism I have is that the bath is too high for people to climb in and out of without falling and injuring themselves. A walk in shower would have been great.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning was sometimes temperamental middle of the night.

Lovely hotel in a very good location. Great Breakfast with loads of selection. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel with lovely rooms. The bed was very comfy, plenty of space in room and nice size bathroom. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. All the staff are helpful and pleasant. Hotel is in a great location for sightseeing.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Wifi is marginally better than useless, not much power in the shower and no negotiation on slightly later check-out - pay more or leave.

Nice decor throughout, excellent breakfast - lots of choice in a very nice environment, comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The shower/tub combinational in our bathroom was fine but a little challenging to get in and out of. We want to send my mother in law here on a trip but I am worried about whether she could get In and out of the shower since she is 80.

Everything here was really great. The staff worked very hard and you could tell they wanted to provide each hotel guest with a great experience. The included breakfast was great. We dined at the restaurant one night and it was the best meal I had in Prague. The chef’s food was amazing. Our waiter Jacob was knowledgeable and recommended a great Czech wine for us. Overall a great stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

First of all the hotel is very old ! It really needs renovation, I have incontered few nagative things I would like to share with you. 1- I called room service at 10:50 at night no one picked up the phone and kept trying, anyway someone picked the phone after at 10:55 and he refused to except my order because it’s 11:00 pm !! I told I was trying to call for over 10 minutes! Then he said sorry and hanged the phone! 2- the gym is horrible 3- the elevator smells like fish 4- the steam room and souna they optare them only 6 hours a day !!! From 4pm-10pm 5- there is not clock or a digital clock in the rooms !!!! 6- I changed two rooms in one week, trust me the rooms are 3 stars standards 7- rooms lack proper blackouts, the sun will penetrate from every angle !! It’s horrible 8- the breakfast is a 3 star hotel standard

The staff were nice, except the room service operator

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not a lot. I mislaid a personal item in the Cafe/restaurant and had to go back and ask three or four times before someone made an effort to find it - was a bit Communist-era, shrug-of-the-shoulders, 'I can't do anything about it'. But it was not a big deal.

Helpful hotel staff; there had been a small mix-up over the type of room we wanted (no one's fault) and it was put right immediately and cheerfully and without demur. Very helpful customer service manager. Some of the most efficient and speedy housekeeping I have ever seen in a hotel. Room service was quick and very helpful when we needed small items like extra cups/glasses; it didn't feel like we were asking too much. The location is excellent. Just outside the Old Town area, which is perfect. It's probably nice to have a hotel in the Old Town but it does get very busy there and not always with the best kind of people. The Imperial is five minutes walk to the Old Town but not in it so you get the best of both worlds. Very convenient for the train station (5 minutes taxi). The rooms are nice, well-appointed and if you can get one with views over the rooftops you are in for a treat. Everything worked fine. The Cafe attached to the hotel (where you have your breakfast as a guest, but open all day) is wonderful ..... great food, bustling atmosphere, beautiful high ornate ceilings and lots of light - think turn-of-the-century Vienna from the movies. The breakfast was really great - so much delicious food to choose from it's hard to know where to start.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

Very comfy beds. Wonderful food - whether it was breakfast, lunch or diner - all high quality. Great location! We didn't use any public transport at all but saw a huge amount of the City. Shopping heaven!

No. Comments

Hotel. Is. Central. Location. And. Staff. Are. Excellent Service. In. Breakfast. Is. Excellent I. Can. Not. Find. Any. Negative

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Noise from trams outside at night were a bit of a nuisance but soon got used to the noise.

Beds and ensuite were lovely. Decor really sets the style and ambience of the hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This hotel is just beyond beautiful, the history, the decor, obtains the magic of Prague. Location is perfect and all of the staff was friendly, spoke English well and always helpful, smiling. We arranged pick up from the airport and that was also smooth and good service from the driver. Thank you for making our stay in Prague, perfect!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could be a little better, more fresh, however the breakfast room compensated

This hotel was built in 1914 - it is a very nicely maintained art deco building, with exceptional remains of an era. A very special place - comfort, style, and very proper attitude by the staff! I recommend this place for everyone who is willing to stay in a unique place.

Everything was good.

Welcoming reception staff. Elegant and spacious rooms. Delicious breakfast. Proximity to public transportation and tourist attractions.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms were lovely and decorated in keeping with the era of the hotel. Restaurant was beautiful and staff through out the hotel were friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

All staff were very helpful and kind. Also the staff pointed out a few places to site see which was good. Would stay again when coming back to Prague

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Had a very nice stay, the room was very stylish and elegant, though not one of the spaciest I have stayed in, but still sufficient. The whole hotel has a very special fin-de-siecle atmosphere. Breakfast itself is not exceptional, but the art-deco restaurant where it is served makes it a unique experience.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Stayed there 4 nights b/4 our Uniworld River Cruise. Staff was terrific. The dining area is a work of art, the rooms wonderful and the common areas warm and inviting. The hotel is in/near New Town, still a short walk to Old Town. Plenty of restaurants and bars (not like US bars with a real 'bar' but mostly tables). The staff helped us in mapping points of interest, securing a ride to our restaurant reservation among other requests. And they seemed genuinely interested in making us seem like VIPs. BTW, add the breakfast option, one of the best breakfast buffets I can remember, and I've experienced many. Great value.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is just a regular as almost others. It is a minus point of the hotel.

Strategic location with walking distance to Publici square and other visiting places. Imperial cafe is really beautiful.

Browse Art Deco Imperial Hotel traveller photo gallery