Reviews of Prague Centre Plaza 3 stars

Fügnerovo Namesti 1, Prague, 120 00, Czech Republic

#521 of 612 hotels in Prague

I'd asked for a room on the quiet side but they put me on the main road. Disappointed because I'm a regular guest. Mattress average

Location perfect for me. Room spacious

Breakfast was very disappointing. Just some bread, a few cereals, and some green beans with sausage bits. And no sign of any staff to ask for empty trays to be replenished (and this was at 07:05: breakfast only begins at 07:00).

Rooms could have air-conditioning, or perhaps partially opened windows.

Surprisingly breakfast had warm vegetable pasta and vegetable fried rice making it perfect for vegetarians. Cafe Latte in breakfast was very good. WiFi Internet in room was great. Clean and safe location. Good choice of TV channels with good size LED TV.

Tap was broken - still worked however. Our room had poor sound isolation and you could hear voices from other rooms. However the biggest negative was that when checking out and paying the receptionist called someone to check our room if we didn't do anything to it. She didn't even try to say it quietly. It made us feel very uncomfortable as if we were guilty of something. Highly unprofessional, not recommended. For the price paid 1800 Czech Crowns for the room (circa $88) it wasn't worth it.

Clean, fairly good place, close to I.P. Pavlova metro station.

I wasn’t pleased to arrive to building work going on, I feel we should of been informed of this when booking so we was prepared for parts of the building not being accessible on occasions. Also was very noisy, woken up on several occasions to noise from other guests.. shouting, banging doors, walking around loudly. Very inconsiderate!

However the room was lovely and I couldn’t fault it.

The cleaning of our rooms was a little to be desired, we left our some of our dirty towels on the floor (ones that wasn’t dirty we hung back up, normal rules for wanting clean towels) the maids just folded the dirty towels up and hung them back up expecting us to use them. Glasses and cups that were used in the morning were put back to their original place but unwashed and still with water and coffee in, I had to take them down to reception for them to be cleaned. Breakfast was what we expected but what we didn’t expect was at 10am the lights would be turned off in the room and the tv’s too. Made it feel very uncomfortable finishing breakfast. We booked a double bed online but when arrived to the property to check in we was told that they don’t have double beds and we have to put up with two single beds pushed together, not what we had booked on your website. When checking in at 3pm! We was told that there is an hour delay due to the elevator had broken so check in was 4pm but on exiting the property we had a knock on our door at 11am sharpe and told to check out there and then. Very rude in my opinion, I understand if the knock was at 11:30am not bang on 11am.

The hotel looked clean and modern as per the website

The coffee, not just here seems to be throughout Europe so far . Didn't like that I paid for salt cave with massage chair but massage chair broken and wasn't informed , even though it was only 10 kn I was really looking forward to massage .

Bed very comfy. Bathroom spacious, breakfast unusual but tasty , staff very friendly and available to guests

Rate at the hotel was 3 euros lower. And booking offered non refundable rate at the price higher than at the hotel. Never book it here! I had early departure, but staff didn't prepare early breakfast despite fact that they were aware and promised to do so. I had the longest check out from the hotel. The receptionist went to the room to check and then 10 min was checking the information that I didn't have anything at my mini bar. Never order a taxi from the receptionist. It occurred to be that they offer non official taxi and they charged me 20 euros to go the main railway station which is 3 min away from the hotel bed the taxi was late

Location was good

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

I was really surprised by how incompetent the hotel staff was. And unfriendly. And outright rude. From the moment I tried to check in to the very last minute, I kept wondering how those people could have chosen the hospitality business as their field of employment. This was my first trip to the Czech Republic, so I am not sure if this is a national trait or if I just got "lucky".

Nothing special, really. The beer bath was kinda nice (until you factor in the cost). If you do decide to do it, choose the massage option. That was the better part.

Parking a challenge. Rooms really need an up date, felt as if I were staying in a monastery. Not sure if its the city but it felt very drab for NYE. Breakfast very weak, lentils looked like dog food with fried eggs on top. My standards are higher than most, we booked at the last minute, I'll learn.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

No air conditioning, so it was quite hot in september; hotel is located near the road with heavy traffic

Good location, quite close to metro; the room was clean

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

It would've been nice to have shampoo in the shower but other than that it was nice

The hotel was very clean, the staff was great, and breakfast was vey nice in the morning.

Friendly employees, clean rooms and 9 minutes to Metro.

Shavvy and high price hotel . The actual price was 50% less.

Awful reception and breakfast

Comfortable room

Comfortable bed, 5 mins walk to the subway and 20 mins walk to the old town.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Breakfast was awful. The worst i had in a long time. Really bad. Zero understanding of a delayed flight. Staff

Location ok. Room nice.

Pretty city and perfect hotel

The room looked better in pictures.

good location, helpful staff and the beer spa is definitely recommended

The beer spa was booked. No appointments were available for hotel guests

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Location was a tad far from town but still close enough to walk.

Warm room, good strong hot shower.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

That i needed to leave :D

Gratuliere Service and prahas Best breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

A bit far from the Centre. Room not cleaned everyday.

Receptionist very helpful. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Breakfast was not good and bed as hard and cheap as a rock.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

That it was center

They didn't have shower gel shampo or laundey service

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

Very very warm with no air ventilation. Suffocating . . .

Clean. Sufficiently big rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The room dint have an AC.

Good service and staff. Rooms are clean. Location close to the metro lines.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

The bed was not so comfortable, so hard.

The breakfast was good. Staff is friendly. Clean room. Bed for the baby. (It is important).

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Breakfast was poor We requested two extra pillows but was told this was not possible. Could not access anything on the television only retro music.

Location was near to hop off and hope on buses.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

It smells bleach badly in the room. The location is not good. The sauna is extra. The beer spa is 90 EUR. Very expensive! Employees are weird. They charged my credit card wrong like 2800 EUR but my bank didn't authorized. They charge city tax fee even though I had paid it already by card.

I didn't like anything.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

No parking near by.. We spent 30€ on parking at the distance of 1km away. In Check they ask pasport for everybody who stay in the hotel. That primitive:(

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

They didn't give us keys while we will send to hotel e-mail our reservation. Stupid rule!I think hotel forget my reservation. Elevator in a terrible state. between the 3rd and 4th floor it was shaking like a hurricane. In the room there is no light. is a lamp, and it is broken. Mini bar was somehow empty. No hygiene in the bathroom. Room is not the same as the photo.

Responsive staff at breakfast. Quiet in room. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

we've traveled 5 cities in 2 weeks. this is the highest price and lowest quality. small and very simple room. high parking cost (we were told it is all the same). since this was the first time in Prague, i am not sure whether this is "Prague standard" or not.

location is ok. stuff is helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

It says booking for parking not needed we got there and even though I texted that I need parking once we got there we had no space. Breakfast selection quite bad

• Reviewed: 30 December 2015

the location is great, close to the city centre, but it is placed between 2 busiest streets in the city. The room was clean, but the equipment was older. The welness was very nice and well done. you can buy a bottle of champagne there.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

The fact that my credit card was charged for the full stay on the day of arrival without informing me or giving me the choice to pay cash in local currency. Ended up paying more due to the euro-czk conversion rate of the hotel + credit card bank fees (I could convert euros to czk at a cheaper rate from the exchange kiosk next door). Old fashioned room, really hard mattresses. Two single joined beds instead of a double. Wifi was unreliable.

Private Sauna + Jacuzzi room which can be booked for 600czk / hour. Location close to metro 1-2 stops from the old town.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Nothing, except some neighbors in the next room were laud. But man from front desk fixed it really professional!

Everything, very clean and spacious room, stuff really helpful, breakfast nice, pretty various.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

The furniture looked like it dates back to 1980'S. The bathroom door had a broken front ("there were students before you", said the receptionist) and some mold on the ceiling. As they do some reconstruction in the next building, you will be woken up at 7 am by the sound of crushing bricks - if you manage to get to sleep by that time due to some compressor machines working under your window. No shampoo, no sleepers, no change for bed sheets in 5 days - guys, that's really a 2*, nothing like 3. The Prague is great at any season, but this hotel... Never again.

Just keep thinking about this hotel as 2-star, and it will be all ok. They have nice spa (sauna, salt cave and beer) and... ...And I can't find another good thing to say about.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

could be more options for vegeterians on breakfast, problems with wi-fi (really slow), room needs refreshment

great view from the window, convenient location (new town - quiet district but close to the city centre), tasty breakfasts, comfortable bed, good room service, room was clean and cosy

• Reviewed: 19 June 2015

When the customer reached (I reached 00:45 AM) Hotel asking to fill too many details, example my son is 3 years for him also they asked to fill one sheet. I have provided most of the details while booking online itself, still asking for more details, I didn't like

The location is good, if you are looking for a piece place to stay.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

Would have liked better pillows and duvet. They were a bit cheap. Room was quite basic but functional.

Good location and value for money. Hotel is clean and staff are helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2015

Poor breakfast and long queue to get a free table (very small breakfast hall).

Perfect position to start visiting Prague. Cleanness of room and money exchange service at the reception.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

Bathroom size, Location

Breakfast, Bed

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

Terrible wifi/ hard beds/ no shampoo given

Kettle in the room but terrible wifi when your trying to wish family and friends a happy new year

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

Parking space

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

The breakfast was just OK.

The location is good. Walking distance to Wenceslas square & old town square. The hotel is clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Bad breakfast, no choice...

Grat localization

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

No parking. I had to leave my car 2 km away.

Close to metro. Walking distance to the city center.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Service. They were climing money always before any service. Towels were so old that I was forced to buy separately.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

Room service does not wash glasses and cups you use and are included in tan Romo.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2015

Good location, 20 minutes by foot to old town, not far from railway and bus stations. Kind and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Basic room but with everything you need

Good location, clean room, free wifi, breakfast is ok, value for money

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

The stores

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Prague Centre Plaza traveller photo gallery