Reviews of Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa 5 stars

Tržiště 19, Prague, 11800, Czech Republic

#17 of 612 hotels in Prague

9.7

• Deluxe Double Room

Fabulous stay, attentive service, great ambience in a wonderful period property within walking distance of the major sights to see in Prague. They looked after our group of 14 friends perfectly.

• Deluxe Double Room

The waiters or waitresses at breakfast did not seem to clear away the used plates promptly and we had to ask for this to be done on a couple of occasions. Also our room st the side did not have a view unlike our friends at the front of the hotel

Wonderful decor and excellent spa. Breakfast Had a superb choice

• Deluxe Double Room

Great hotel, very beautiful and unique. The stuff is very helpful. I arrived and 12pm , my room wasn’t ready but they made sure I checked in ASAP. Also, I had a late checked out, stayed till 3pm, bc my flight wasn’t till 5.30pm. The breakfast was great, service and food are very nice. Unfortunately I didn’t have a time to use their spa. Looked really cool on the website. I’m sure it’s as great as the hotel itself. Thank u

• Deluxe Double Room

I loved the pool and sauna , our quiet clean room and the staff were very welcoming. We loved the wine and cheese tasting and the delicious homemade ravioli for lunch . Lovely hotel and staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

Loved absolutely everything about this hotel experience.

Personal experience, friendliest of service. Room and hotel were beyond beautiful and location our absolute favourite!

• Deluxe Double Room

The only thing that we found different was that Spa was smaller than expected in the pictures.

Location was great. Staff was really nice and help us in all our needs. Room was beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very well stocked. We enjoy walking to all the city attractions

• Royal Suite

Not much, however for paying 500 eu for a night you would Think that this being a “5 star” hotel that you would get more free or rather included with the room type of items...you still have to pay for the mini bar.

So if your an American looking for a quality hotel that is a10 min walk from all the cool attractions Charles bridge,castle ect...this hotel is perfect. Good breakfast and nice rooms I can’t speak for the Lower end rooms since I booked a royal suite. Nice staff, took care of car with private parking and will walk your bags up to your room for you. Be aware! There is parking you have to drive up to the front of the hotel and let the vallet/front desk know you arrived and they will take care of it for you.

• Deluxe Double Room

On the second night there must of been children next door which woke you up very early running up and down. We were on the third floor couldnt understand it as no more floors, what we found out room next door had upper floor which is why it sounded above us all the time. Dont have a problem with children but this was constant we had come for a break from long hours at work and needed our sleep.

The decor it was fitting to the enviroment, gobble streets etc the staff nothing was too much trouble great customer service made you feel welcomed.

• Deluxe Double Room

We loved our stay at the Alchymist! We felt like royalty. Every staffmember was so friendly and polite. I certainly recommend this hotel. It was magical, very romantic and a beautiful hotel. You feel welcome. We arrived receiving welcome sparkling wine. Every day between 17-18 o’clock free wine and cheese tasting, a perfect aperitif!

Absolutely nothing.

Fabulous comfortable clean room, extra pillows on request. Lovely chocolates in the evening. Great staff, extremely helpful and a very warm welcome. Loved the 5pm to 6pm cheese and wine tasting. Shout out to Filip.

• Deluxe Double Room

We would have liked fresh milk for tea and coffee not powered . There was a mini bar so fresh milk could have been provided . The drinks in the mini bar were very expensive . Can of Coke £4 small bottle of spirit £8 and a shot of brandy £16 ! One of the main reason we booked this hotel was a swimming pool . The temperature of the pool was really cold ! It felt like a plunge pool ! We asked if the temperature was always like this and was told yes it’s always the same ! Very disappointed as after a three hour walk around Prague in January we were looking forward to a relaxing dip in a warm pool ! There was no hot tub which would be a bonus to guests and separate sauna. As it was quiet we were allowed to both use the sauna together ( but had to use the men’s one ) as a lady it wasn’t idea ! We thought there would have been a steam room but again disappointed to find there wasn’t one .

Nice cold beer as a welcome drink . We were offered wine as well . Suitcases taken up to room . The room was lovely , nice decor , clean and comfy bed . Tea and coffee and complimentary bottle of water every day nice . Dressing gowns and slippers in room a nice touch . It was my husbands birthday during the stay and we returned to our room to a bottle of champagne on ice as a gift which was lovely . Also bed turned down and chocolates in pillow a nice touch . It was a lovely bonus to have free wine and cheese every day between 5 and 6pm as this gives you an opportunity to meet fellow guests . The wine was very good . As the clock struck six the wine and cheese was removed and we felt the waiter should have asked the guests if they want a top up before removing it so promptly !

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff was very helpful.... quickly making my request true ... Althought that there were some workes didnt behave professional.... staff from breakfast ( restaurant) not friendly enough..... genaral staff need more smile‘s - it will be more beautiful...

• Deluxe Double Room

Totally overpriced services which is far from the quality of other 5 star hotels. The reception staff was behaving very snobby and unpolite The meal in restaurant is definitely not worth the price! Not very kid friendly hotel although I requested child crib long ahead we’ve got way too small room to accomodate us all comfortably.

This was the third time we’ve stayed and the only reason was location because of appointment in US embassy.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room I’ve stayed is a bit small and it has a slopped ceiling, where I hit my head twice. There is no separate shower room. If taking shower in the bath, the water splashed and the bathroom floor becomes wet and slippery.

This the most beautiful hotel I’ve stayed in Prague. The garden and the building is decorated like a small palace. The hotel has an artistic atmosphere with a lot of paintings and statues. The staff is nice and helpful. Love the lounge and the restaurant.

• Deluxe Double Room

The owner seems to be somewhat out of step with the tony environment, somewhat too present and loud, though friendly. TV is limited, if adequate- no movies. Noise ('music') outside in the courtyard can be invasive with the minimal insulation in windows above. Guests below on balcony were noisy in the late hours.

In an 'old world' setting, the Alchymist provides great modern comforts (spa/exercise facility), excellent staff, superb dining (breakfast and dinner), quiet location between the castle and old city across the Donau/Charles Bridge.

• Family Room

Nothing I didn't like!

The breakfasts are particularly good, pancakes, waffles, croissant, fruit, cereal, yoghurt....the choice is endless and the quality is excellent. The restaurant is also a gorgeous setting to enjoy it in.

The room would benefit from having one full-length mirror so guests could “check” their appearance before venturing out.

We were met at the airport by intelligent driver arranged by hotel. As soon as we entered the hotel, “Martina” briefed us thoroughly for half an hour on the facility and nearby attractions. Our room was gorgeous and an hour after arriving we were ready to visit Prague. The hotel arranged for guide “Barbara” and driver “Antonio” who both spoke excellent English and oriented us on all that we would be doing.

• Deluxe Double Room

Pool was a bit cold, ok if you were swimming laps but it was too small for that, but really just a small complaint.

Location, service , cleanliness were fantastic.

• Family Suite

Only the breakfast could be better for such a nice hotel.

Very beautiful hotel in the very centre of the city, nice staff, clean rooms. Breakfast is quite good, but could be better.

They is nothing wrong with this hotel at all 10/10

A beautiful hotel in the heart of Prague staff fantastic could not fault any thing had truly beautiful decor I would say it is one of the best hotel I have stayed in and that is over 30 years of travel

• Deluxe Double Room

This hotel is perfect !!!. Beautiful, clean, great location, very helpfull staff. The breakfast is very good and every afternoon there is a "happy our" of free wine and cheese. I couldn't ask for more

• Deluxe Double Room

Very beautiful hotel, located at a wonderful place. The breakfast was very nice and the room comfortable. We strongly recommend the hotel to everyone.

Breakfast quality not quite up to expectation and need more flexibility in their 10.30 cut off or a different system if that’s a crucial deadline

Courteous helpful staff. Very pretty bijou hotel. Lovely city and hotel beautifully placed to see most of it.

• Deluxe Double Room

Not to be able to stay longer.

Gorgeous place,it felt like you step back in time and you live like in the castle. Everything is top class and especially the staff,they are just amazing. We originally booked for 4 nights,.We made the decision to stay another 3 nights to enjoy the atmosphere.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was a little small with no real seating at all (the room only had tiny little tables with small wood princess chairs, but there were easy chairs out in the hall). And the bathroom had a window to the hallway that had "privacy glass" in it, but I found it discomfiting, to see shadows of people walking by outside your bathroom. It made what would have felt like a 5 star experience feel like much less. I think the hotel ought to tell people they are getting such a room when they book and/or offer a discount for it. One other odd thing--they required payment for the entire 4 night stay upon arrival. That too felt a bit odd, and like less than a five star experience. Perhaps they have had many people walking away with a bad credit card on file, I don't know.

I stayed here because my nephew who is living in Prague said it looked like an amazing place from the outside. And it was pretty amazing. The location was outstanding. Away from bustle of Old Town but easy walk to it. Also close to the castle and good restaurants but quiet. The facilities are awesome, like being in a little Prague Castle. If you are into spas that part looked amazing too. And the breakfasts were very extensive and in a nice room. And the staff were all very nice and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Wonderful reception, a glass of sparkling wine and a damp towel! Very helpful staff, wish I could remember all their names, Nour, a bell man was very polite & helpful! Lovely breakfast & location!

• Deluxe Double Room

Superb, exceptional attention to detail in facilities and service delivery. Brilliant location & easy accessible to Prague's landmarks. Best buffet breakfast ever including organic & gluten free.

• Deluxe Double Room

Lovely boutique hotel in a very quiet location of the Mala Strana. The staff were courteous and extremely efficient. A special mention to the hard-working cleaning staff who kept our room and the entire hotel in immaculate condition. Breakfast was consistently good.

The lift took a while when called. But it wandt a bit issue

The staff were absolutely wonderful during my stay. And i would definitely recommend this hotel to friend and family. The hotel sent a lovely bottle of sparkling wine for my Fiancé birthday which I thought was very sweet.

• Royal Suite

Deluxe twin bed room for every three nights of our twice stay was littel bit noisy caused by cars run the next street. Our last stay at royal suite spent for 7 nights was also moisy caused by elevator nest to our room.

We enjoyed wine tasting every afternoon while we stayd the property. any staff menbers even if chamber maids were excelent, polite, honest, warm with smile.

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, great location and complimentary wine and cheese every night. Upgraded room with fantastic private terrace overlooking serene courtyard.

• Deluxe Double Room

My mistake but by going through booking.com I was unable to change my dates of travel as I wanted to move up my stay by one day, and leave a day earlier(so same amount of days at hotel, just different dates). Hotel said if I had booked through them it would have been possible to do, but ny booking thru booking.com , it was not able to be changed so I lost my last night of hotel stay, had to eat it up and that didn't taste so good!

Breakfast great and included in price! Very quiet hotel in impeccable condition and close to all walkable sights you might want to see. Love the wine and cheese arty everyday and free wifi. I would def come back to this hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

Honestly I have nothing to say here. Only positive things!

I loved the atmosphere of the hotel. It was so fitting for the city. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. Also, they serve a fantastic breakfast every morning and complimentary wine and cheese tasting in the evening. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for either business or pleasure.

• Deluxe Double Room

I had no view, but my room was spacious and lovely. I would have liked down pillows, but the ones I had were ok. I really liked everything else.

The hotel is beautifully appointed with gorgeous antiques and a really baroque atmosphere that is very luxurious. The Spa was breathtaking and the massage therapist top notch. The overall customer experience was a 10+! From the minute I checked in to the moment I checked out, I felt relaxed and pampered. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and the bathrooms are beautiful. The location is fantastic in the midst of the old city and minutes walk from Charles Bridge.

• Family Suite

Overall the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. However the lady who seemed to be in charge at breakfast time wasn't very friendly - she looked quite stern and didn't smile or say good morning, unlike everyone else serving/clearing. Such a shame as everyone else was charming. The only other (small) gripe was when we attended the manager's cheese and wine tasting we were only offered water for the children at first until we heard the manager asking for apple juice for an American family - not sure why the barman didn't give us that option as we did ask if we could have soft drinks for the boys and his response was simply "water".

Fabulous breakfast. Excellent staff. Beautiful hotel - an amazing experience. Very quiet area but within a few minutes walk of the Charles Bridge. We had a family room which had 2 bedrooms which suited us perfectly. The manager (at least we think it was the manager) was so lovely and friendly. The rooms were serviced to a very high standard.

Perhaps more choices for breakfast?

A warm welcome from the staff when we arrived. Beautiful room and great amenities! Excellent quality of food. Great location too. Overall awesome ambience and friendly staff!

Can't think of anything.

The Hotel was fantastic and the staff were really wonderful. The location was great - a bit away from the main huddle and bustle but close enough to walk everywhere. It's the best area to stay in Prague.

• Deluxe Double Room

Spa workers could be more caring and efficient.

Extremely helpful and friendly check in concierge service. Lavender/Eucalyptus washcloth upon arrival and a drink of choice. Delicious fresh squeezed orange juice. Abundant breakfast. Gorgeous setting. Spa is beautiful.

• Deluxe Double Room

One of the party (the bride), had a bag go missing or stolen, but this obviously could have been someone other than a member of staff.

The best hotel room I have stayed in for years. The function room handled the wedding party I was attending with aplomb.

• Deluxe Double Room

would have loved a nespresso machine in the hotel room. There was only a kettle.

We were upgraded to a suite on arrival plus they let us have the room at 10am after an overseas flight! All big bonuses. Linens and towels were lovely, bathroom was elegant and spacious. Lovely breakfast spread with a darling little courtyard just off the dining room which we availed of every day (couldn't understand why there weren't more people out there). Though I didn't have any spa services I used the pool and sauna which were both lovely though the pool really isn't a "swimming" pool, but lovely nonetheless. Concierge staff were amazing. Got us concert tickets for the next day and reservations at every hard to book restaurant we asked them too, often with almost no notice. I also loved the location in the Mala Strana - away from the hustle and bustle on the other side of the river, and in the shadow of the Castle which was a lovely walk up cobblestoned streets. The complimentary wine and cheese each day was lovely and the location next to the lovely Vinoteco wine bar was a lovely way to start an evening out or have a nightcap on the way home. I have nothing but praise for this hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything. Great place to spend a few days in Prague. Fab little gems around the property as well, like the wine bar next door (you can sit on the porch with a glass of wine in hand, watching the world go by!) and the jazz spot down the road.

• Deluxe Double Room

Location is perfect, close to all the tourist attractions but just out of the way enough to have a peaceful atmosphere. The staff are welcoming and friendly. The complimentary wine and cheese tasting each day a 5pm is a nice way to start the evening with the other guests. The pool and spa are an added delight. There are lots of interesting details and surprises to find walking through this hotel. If you want to stay somewhere special and memorable in Prague this is your place.

• Deluxe Double Room

Beautifully decorated hotel with great amenities including pool, wine and cheese, and an excellent breakfast. Amazing staff and service. Spacious, comfortable rooms. Nice location in Mala Strana, very close to Charles Bridge and ng extension Prague Castle and of course the old town area. We decided to pamper ourselves for our last night of backpacking central-eastern Europe and this hotel certainly delivered.

Would have preferred standalone shower rather than over bath

Very well located walking distance of Charles Bridge and all of the main sights. Hotel very characterful and packed with antiques and artwork. Spacious room and very helpful staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

The only issue I occurred was the fact that the us embassy was located close by, many uber drivers would cancel the trip so they did not have to go through security. This is something out of the hotels control though.

Minor detail, but they forgot to vacuum our room one day The layout of the bathroom (toilet next to the bath) is somewhat unhandy

Very friendly staff, good location, free Wifi and free wine and cheese between 17.00 en 18.00. We had a very nice room

• Deluxe Double Room

it is like a Maze to reach to the room, has many steps and stairs and going left and rights to reach the elevator, noisy early morning, no good cleaning and refilling of coffee and bath shampoo or soup. Dull no enough morning light.

I liked the classic style of the Hotel and the location

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel staff were friendly, all was clean and had a lovely Bohemian theme. The hotel put on free wine and cheese at 5pm every day which was a friendly get together for residents. The location was quiet and calm. Nothing was too much trouble.

The bed in the junior suite was not as comfortable as expected and not a king-size. Absence of a double sink in the bathroom.

Atmosphere of the hotel, quality of the service, excellent location, very quiet yet in walking distance to most of the sights, size and quality of the junior suite.

• Deluxe Double Room

This hotel was the finest we have ever stayed in. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly and the included extras like breakfast and wine and cheese hour were awesome!

• Deluxe Double Room

Wine & cheese in the early evenings was lovely. Breakfast was delicious. Nice area near restaurants. Beautiful area to walk around in. Appreciated the decorations and antiques. Very pleasant, helpful staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

The shower bathtub was a little difficult to get in and out of Everything else was great !!

Breathtaking hotel! A true gem that's 500 years Old and immaculate and charming! Hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating . Breakfast was fabulous. The Spa is amazing also. Great location. Close to lots of attractions and restaurants. We both loved it !!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The AC in the room made a lot of noise

Loved the staff and the facility. So beautiful. Breakfast was great. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. Especially for a special occasion!

• Deluxe Double Room

It was an amazing hotel, very authentic and you felt very looked after by the staff (which you often don't get in the large hotel groups). They really know hot to treat their guests, this is obviously very important to them - whatever you asked was never too much trouble. Atmosphere in the hotel was friendly and very welcoming.

I could hear a lot of hallway noise through the doors, and there is music at the outside hotel until 11 pm, but it's a beautiful building and you're in the city center so a little noise is to be expected! Did not impact our ability to sleep.

The staff was extremely accommodating, everything was exactly what you would expect/want from a luxury hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are lovely, with high quality furnishings and fine bathrooms. Staff is friendly and helpful always. Restaurant is gorgeous with perfect service. This is our second visit in a year ... this is a wonderful small hotel .. A jewel! And the spa is deluxe, too.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The concierge desk tried to be very helpful but did not seem to know about restaurants in the city. I asked on five different nights to recommend a good Italian restaurant, but was sent to anything but. Either the restaurant was good but not Italian, or Italian but not good. I even described a place I had been to years before in hopes they would know it or find it online, but to no avail. The place is old and has typical old hotel plumbing problems as well. My bath and toilet both would not drain properly, but both were also fixed as soon as I complained. The tub is dangerous. It is high off the floor and slippery with nothing to hold onto, I almost fell numerous times.

The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The staff very courteous, especially the bartender Filip, and the Quality Manager Katerina. I once complained to him that my bed was hard as a rock, when she heard this she had a new bed sent to my room immediately. Amazing. The fresh flowers were everywhere, and beautiful, I took more pictures of the flowers than I did Prague.

• Deluxe Double Room

The only potentially negative thing I could possibly say, is that the bed was very firm. This seems to be common throughout Europe, so we didn't sleep really well on most of our trip.

The hotel and spa were truly beautiful!! The location was fabulous and the staff went above and beyond to meet our every need. We only just returned from our trip and have already referred this hotel three times. We will definitely be going back for a longer stay!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa is exceptional!!! The location is fantastic and you are able to walk the entire old city from here. The food, both morning breakfast, which has a wide variety of choices, and the evening restaurant are outstanding. Our room was is nicely furnished and the bed was very comfortable. The Hotel is near the Castle complex and is just off the main roads which makes it quiet in the evenings. We stayed for eight nights which meant we were able to interact with the staff for a longer time than most travelers. Without question, the staff are knowledgeable about the city, gave us very good advice on where to eat and what would be good to see other than the usual tourist spots. They arranged tickets, transportation and provided for our every need. Very professional and truly friendly. Take advantage of their private airport transfer service. The Hotel is elegantly decorated and spotless. We have traveled to many of Europe's cities and stayed at high end Hotels. The Alchymist excels in providing a truly luxurious and personal experience for their guests, far beyond what we have encountered in other major centers. The Alchymist is truly a 10+ experience. If you are traveling to Prague you must stay there!

• Imperial Suite

In order not to leave this box empty, I could mention only the quite small indoor swimming pool. (But that was still better than an Old Town 5* hotel we used before that had none :-))

Excellent customer service - kind and non-intrusive. Very good location, almost in-between the Charles' Bridge and the Castle, easy walk to both, with extra security from the constant police presence due to US Embassy being their direct neighbor. The building is very nice, with that Venetian style of opulence. The surprising chat during check-out with the Quality Manager, born out of one interesting coincidence, led to a very kind parting gift in a form of box of their home-made chocolate. That was one fitting excellent finish to a wonderful stay.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The breakfasts for the amount of money charged are poor, rubber fried eggs is not great in a hotel of this caliber. Also no marmalade!

The hotel is ideally located, beautifully decorated and the staff are really helpful. The spa is also very good if a little small.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Right next to US embassy. Our van was checked by armed guards upon arrival. Made us feel very safe while staying there. Spa downstairs is wonderful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed is not that comfy and there's a smell lingering in the bathroom, maybe because it's old plumbing (?)

The location is really great if you want to be near Prague Castle and a little bit more opulence. The spa is really good as well, I had nice massage and facials. The breakfast room is very nice

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Anything is anybody doing in hotel can be heard ;( I understand that it is romantic hotel, but I dont want to hear others romantics from MULTIPLE rooms...

Nice personnel, good place

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

the only thing which was slightly negative was our pillows weren't comfortable and our room let a lot of light in but that's it! Everything else amazing.

Beautiful hotel, staff extremely friendly and helpful, easy check in, amazing location and great breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing, everything was perfect. Maybe the elevators are a little slow, but its was not a problem.

I loved everything, the room was beautiful, the hotel is very nice decorated, breakfast was wonderful, and they even received us with a glass of sparkling wine as a welcome.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

breakfast staff could be a bit more friendly/smiley

Breaksfast selection was really good and my gluten intolerance was catered for. Great touch! They served complimentary cheese and wine between 5 - 7pm and this was a really nice touch and you got to meet other guests. Highly recommend the moisture SOS facial

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Fairytale castle in the middle of Lesser Town of Prague, perfect interiors, helpful and friendly staff, nice breakfast, location is perfect-5 ninutes away fron Charles bridge, 2 min from amazing St.Nickolas cathedral

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Being a bit nit picking but the pool is tiny and cold be better if it was a nice Hot jacuzzi (it has the jets )

Really beautiful hotel in the perfect location , helpful friendly staff ,great tasty breakfast. It really is luxury within easy walking distance to all the main attractions

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

have stayed previously and not disappointed upon our return.Breakfast amazing; comfy bed, lovely spa area.All attractions are within easy walking distance from this quiet location.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

First of all our room was not what we saw online - it was smaller and cramped with large furniture. Second we have an issue with the Staff at the restaurant, a couple were having an argument and causing a scene. We asked the sommelier to please ask them to lower their voices, we where told that they were regulars at the restaurant and that he could do nothing. We had a conversation with the couple and they promptly paid and left, however having the restaurant staff respond that way was not good at all.

We loved the area, very safe and absolutely beautiful. Close to all the attractions of the old town.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Bedroom was hotter than we're used to at home, and didn't think to open a window!

Everything worked out fantastically, unbelievably friendly helpfull staff, lovely food from the restaurant, massive selection at breakfast, cheese and wine 5-6 in the evening, not enough time to get the best out of it, needed one more day. And she said yes!

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Junior Suite with Terrace

Everything was wonderful....

...amazing style, in my view, worlds best breakfast, perfect location central to everything, and overall, a magical place to stay...

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The whole breakfast experience was a delight , with so much choice ...right down to organic options and home made bread. Perfect scrambled eggs,, which is a test of a good kitchen too.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was gorgeous, the staff accommodating, and the location perfect, not to mention the welcome champagne they serve. The breakfast was the best we've ever had at a hotel, with so many options: eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cereals, meats and cheeses, fruits, crepes, fruit and pudding cups, breads, sweet pastries, juices, teas, and coffees). And the restaurant for dinner, while a bit more expensive, was worth every penny. 3 of the best meals we've ever had in our lives. Better than the restaurants we found in town.

Browse Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa traveller photo gallery