Reviews of Mamaison Hotel Riverside Prague 5 stars

Janackovo nab. 15, Prague, 150 00, Czech Republic

#269 of 612 hotels in Prague

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Location- 10 minutes walk to Charles Bridge. The room was very modern, cozy, comfortable and super clean. Welcome note from the manager was very nice touch. It was perfect for my business trip, but I would definitely come back when I will come back in Prague on a private trip.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The room was small, a little basic for the price but clean and comfortable. Breakfast room is very small and cramped

The location is perfect. The food is excellent and the breakfast was first rate

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Booking.com say the city tax would be included in the price which it wasn’t also they said you would pay in euro but had to pay with chzk Bit pricey for drinks Air con was not the best rooms to warm

Was a nice old hotel staff good helpful

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Reserved king size bad, however they provided twin bads. Soft mattress. There was a Volkswagen Prauge Marathon and all roads from/to the Hotel were blocked. We were not able escape to the airport on time. Disapointed that Hotel personnel did not informed us about the Marathon we could take apropriate action in advance. We beared additional cost for taxi and car rent agency.

Good location, very close to the center.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Some rooms have communicating doors with other rooms, and I could hear the neighbours. But the staff was nice and gave me another room. The rooms that I saw were quite different in terms of size, having a balcony or not etc., although they were all nice. The bathroom door is made of transparent glass, which can perhaps bother those who are not travelling solo or as a couple. The price is not cheap, especially as it is per room, so not convenient for solo travellers.

The location is nice, on the riverside, about 20 min walk from main attractions. There are shops and restaurants nearby, including some open 24/24. The lady at the reception who helped me change the room was very nice and efficient. The view from the room was very nice. Breakfast was good. Room was very nice and clean, bed was comfy.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

We got a room on the top floor, overlooking the river and the castle. Staff was helpful, rooms was spacious, clean and with amazing views, location is very convenient for tourism. Couldn’t have hoped for a better stay! :)

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Air con/heating was hard for us to set. Did wake up boiling in the night a few times. But only a minor point, if I’m being picky

Breakfast was excellent and staff were very attentive, made us feel extra special

• Superior Double/Twin Room

BUT our room was situated between two elevators, there was incredible noise every morning after 0830 as the cleaners were there to clean. No isolation, you could hear them all the time. Not recommended if you want to wake up after 0830 during your holidays!!!

Very good breakfast, kind people at the reception, willing to book tours or transport for you, very close to everything you want to visit.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Our room view was facing the court yard so we could only see into other properties so never got a good view but that never ruined our stay

Very helpful staff lovely hotel

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Charwoman always gives us champoo, conditioner and body lotion but never shower gel (there was only one small bottle at the time of our arrival). Coffee at breakfast was poor however we pay around 15 eur per person for each breakfast. Temperature in our room was a little cold so we asked for a heater (outside temperature was around 0°C).

The room was really big and nice and the location of the hotel was excellent.

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

- very high price for the hotel value - they even tried to charge me 15 euro in addition to the already exorbitant booking price claiming "banking charges". Took a lot of unpleasant arguing to get back to to the stipulated price - rundown room, tiny, loud and cold. Very uncomfortable - very low quality breakfast - staff unfriendly and incompetent

location is fine

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Could have done with a full length mirror and a mirror to do make up in at desk, other that that amazing stay!

Exceptionally clean, great location, facilities were spot on, friendly staff. Great place!

• Superior Double/Twin Room

No kettle in the room for tea or coffee, breakfast was great.

Close to all tourist attractions, 10 minute walk into the center. Staff were lovely and they helped us whenever we needed anything

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Billed more for the room than listed on booking.com (confirmed £71 billed £78.99), extra charges appeared on my card despite settling the bill in cash but the biggest of all is they CHARGED the pre-authorization fee as well. I have raised a call with them re the pre-authorization fee but have had no response.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Even I signed 'do not disturb' on my door, housekeepers used to open it. There was double bed in my stay, but the mattress was not a big one - separated twin mattress were on the bed. So someone sensitive like me can't sleep in the middle of bed. Condition of bathroom was not bad except housekeeper never cleaned waterspout - that was disgusting.

Room was clean and large, and there were nice closet. Bathroom was also big and clean. Breakfast was pretty nice, home-made bread was provided every day. Reception opened 24 hours. Location of hotel is really river-side, so you can easily walk around river. There's downtown 8 minutes away - Andel, you can shop and get some food there.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

1) One girl on reception doesn't speak English. 2) stuff in canteen not polite 3) we booked room for 360 eur but paid 377 eur (why??)

Beautiful building. Good interior! Very friendly stuff (but not all people). Excellent location.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Nothing to say about the room only positives. The only disappointment was I thought breakfast was included, it is extra, but certainly plenty of choice and tasty.

Room was great - clean, everything in an excellent state of repair. The inclusion of the safe free of charge. It was large and spacious with good decor. But the best thing a very large and comfortable bed!! There was also a fantastic selection for breakfast.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Buffet breakfast is expensive if it's not included in room charge.

Staff is helpful with Wi-Fi access, arranging shuttle to and from airport, and making restaurant recommendations.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

It is a 20 minute walk to the Old Town, but it is manageable..

We were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. The room was very nice and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The staff were very helpful.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The Bed of hotel was comfortable and large enough for two adults. The hotel is not far away from the old town city center. By walking 10-15 minutes. The Breakfast was delicious and qualitative additionaly..

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Did not understand at check in that we could not pay by debit card, only by credit card that was used to book the room. No biggie.

Very comfortable bed, spacious, clean room. Breakfast was delicious everyday we were there.

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

The room was spacious and very comfortable and the breakfast was superb. The staff were very helpful and courteous. The only small downside is there are quite a lot of steps to negotiation, but otherwise an excellent choice.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Did not get to try the breakfast because it was rather pricy as an add on. But really nothing to fault

View from rooms, the decor, the location, the luxury. Will definitely return!

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The interior design are quite vintage and its beautiful, comfy bed...clean bathroom, staff are nice... location is a bit far from city center but around the hotel there are bars , supermarket and malls.. on the other side is located the dancing house... we really enjoy our stay.. thank you😇

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The staff was amazing, the front desk gave us SO much information about things to do during our stay and welcomed us every time we walked in or out of the hotel! They helped us make reservations at the best restaurants and gave fantastic recommendations on places to eat/grab a drink. The location is right on the water and we had an amazing view of the river. Amazing stay, would recommend to anyone!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

All good

Good hotel, well located within walking distance of place of tourist interest, but still in a quite area. Our room had a superb view of the river. Helpful staff. Taxi was available in 2 to 5 minutes. With so many places to see and sample we left the hotel early and returned late - so did not try the food or wine but the bar looked comfortable.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

I was a bit irritated that the actual price charged to my credit card was 4% more than what was advertised on Booking.com. I paid in advance so the price should have been the same and not subject to currency changes: I suspect the hotel used a "hotel rate" and charged my card in Euros rather than GBP thereby inflating the price. I emailed them and asked but they never responded and the recetion staff could not help. With the bank adding another 3% on top it was a good deal more expensive than advertised so be warned: pay in local currency when you are there! Oh yes...and if you are going to spend time in your room stay dressed as the maids have a habit of just walking in!

We really liked the hotel and the staff were all helpful. The rooms were nice and big with everything you need. The breakfast was fine although very expensive. It is in a slightly awkward place in that it is away from the tram stops so going anywhere involves a bit of a walk which doesn't bother us but may bother others. We like this area of Prague anyway.

I liked it all!

Perfect location not too far from Charles bridge. On the quietly side of river. We got a room facing backyard, not that great view but very quite. Got a room with two separate beds sincy me and my 18 year old son were staying at the hotel. Very nice standard, clean, shower was perfect. Price low felt like a high end Hotel. We never eat at the hotel since we wanted to experience different places. Cafe Louvre 3 min walk from hotel. Extremely nice place. A big mal with hundreds og shops, just 5 min walk. I would defenatly go back if stay at Prague again. Recommend this hotel!!!

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The room could have more lighting. It was very hard to read in bed.

It was an excellent location. The staff were always eager to help in any situation and had good recommendations on where to go and what to see.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Everything was pretty great.

Lovely hotel with really helpful staff that we're happy to make us reservations for local restaurants or tours. Really nice room too. Nice air conditioning and nice view of the surrounding residences. Hotel is close to all the action of Prague but in a nice quiet area with shops and restaraunts close by

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The (included on my booking) breakfast spread was worthy of a fancy $50 brunch buffet. The staff was very helpful and made our visit to a new country smooth. It's a beautiful location, I prefer it to the other side of the river where the crowds of tourists are. It is a longish walk (40 minutes?) to the old town square, but many beautiful places, museums and restaurants are close walking distance. We rented bikes from George, just a block away, and that was such a fun way to explore. The room and the building were high quality European style. I also got a massage booked by the hotel that was fantastic! Hope to return soon!

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

There was no general lounge area off the foyer which would have added to the comfort

The bedroom was very comfortable, and the reception staff and any staff we saw were very pleasant.

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

The shower was just plainly broken, the shower head was loose and the temperature adjustments didn't work properly either. They did want to send someone to have a look with me but I simply didn't have the time so it didn't get fixed - business trip. The curtains were half broken. They probably have WiFi but no instructions are to be found anywhere. A LAN connection is offered though so if you're on a business trip bring a LAN cable. The breakfast is OK-ish but the bread was too dry / sour, same for the fresh fruit. The coffee from the machine was simply undrinkable but you do get freshly filtered coffee that's OK. I did have to switch off the airco at night. If you're going here on holidays during the summer I would recommend some hearing protection for during the warm night if aircos bother you. This is not out of the ordinary though.

The room is classical but modern enough. It had a desk and had a free Illy cup coffee machine (relatively clean) + free tea on top of it. The view was just breathtaking, this hotel isn't called Mamaison *Riverside* for nothing. The lighting and electricity and all the amenities in the room were well thought out. The bed was cleanly made. A somewhat overzealous cleaner took away my empty water bottle and the still clean towels but otherwise no complaints. The staff were friendly overall. The bed was OK and you get a hard and soft pillow which I find extremely helpful and haven't seen earlier. The hotel isn't noisy, has seats everywhere and has a clear and well thought out atmosphere. In all it has a great feel about it; it's easy to feel at ease here.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

When booked was asked did we have preference. Requested room with a view of river. And got a ground floor with a view of busy road and traffic lights.

Cleanliness good.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

I liked everything. Maybe just the fact that it is difficult to get into the bath, as it is a bit on the small and narrow side. Nothing else was wrong.

The fact that this hotel bore people like myself in mind when it came to the breakfast. I asked for some gluten-free bread and to my delight and surprise I was additionally presented with gluten-free sweets. Wonderful.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

While the shower was excellent I didn´t feel safe standing in a slippery bathtub in a tub with nowhere to hold on to. I don´t feel the bathroom facilities were suitable for elderly people . Getting in and out of the bathtub also felt risky.

Comfy bed- large airy rooms. Quiet -had a good night´s sleep. Nice reception and help with our luggage on arrival -as well as the useful information provided.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Toilet door is mostly transparent and does not closes. Walls are partly covered with glue. Toiletries are available only for one person, it is ok if you are traveling alone.

Good bed and location. Requests are done on time. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Room was huge and really clean. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is close to The dancing house, and Kampa Park. Breakfast was included and was great.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Didn't like BOOKING . COM, they were dishonest with the price. Didn't want to know about there FALSE PRICE, the hotel was VERY HELPFUL

The hotel was perfect

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The riverside hotel is a great luxury hotel with very friendly staff. Before our arrival we received another mail asking if any extras had to be settled, we used the taxi service and got a nice conversation and insider tips on the way from the airport to the hotel. Rooms were well cleaned, beds were lovely, good blankets and pillows. And the Charles Bridge is a 10-minute walk away. From the Charles Bridge, most of the other sights can be easily reached by foot.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Superior Double/Twin Room

On the day we arrived the male in reception and who checked us in was rude, unhelpful, surly and should not be "welcoming" guests. He was a jerk. It would be better if breakfast was included as in most hotels.

Excellent location, very helpful staff except for one.

Apart from the young bartender, the crew was not eager to help, I got a suite for a short vacation in what I thought was a great hotel, turns out it was a good hotel, with outdated features, and poorly trained desk

The cleaning ladies were very nice, and the young girl at the ,bar Was the nicest person ever

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The Internet was very slow Staff sent out welcome message, but didn't follow through when I requested restaurant recommendations

Nice bathrooms, big rooms, great service

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

Sometimes we struggled with the air conditioning controls and room was too hot. The maid showed us how to use the a/c but there seemed little variation in temperature.

Location was good for walking into town. View from our room was wonderful towards the river and other beautiful buildings. (You do need to specify river/city view as some rooms look into a courtyard. We were staying for 5 nights so really wanted a view) Staff were very friendly and helpful. Reception staff booked a tour for us and confirmed our airport shuttle. Breakfast staff very pleasant and attentive, particularly Veronica.There was a good selection of hot and cold food at breakfast, catering for all nationalities.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

the room was big enough for a family with a kid.. the view was great. it was close to the public transport or if you walk 15 minutes, you will be able to see the main attractions.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Very noisy room (401), next to staff room, which door kept opening and closing (loudly) as the cleaning staff was working. Also other guests that came home in the middle of the night (4 AM), this was very annoying as the rooms as not properly isolated. Staff can improve their English, and improve their service to help you find a nice local restaurant.

Bed was good. Water pressure of the shower also very good.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The location and the staff. The staff were attentive, friendly and willing to assist with any question at any time and good with English considering we didn't understand the Czech language. The location was outside of the old town making it affordable but just a tram ride away. Our room was beyond our expectation in size, decor and amenities. Public transportation was roughly within a block of the hotel in just about any direction and the tram system was fairly easy to learn (with a little help from the staff!).

• Superior Double/Twin Room

shown to what appeared to be a small standard room on noisy ground floor, alongside road first of all, but fortunately one of the lovely reception staff was happy to check and change to a room we hoped for.

superior room, luxury, location

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Staff at check-in was rude. Hotel has no dedicated parking spots. In the morning we didn't have hot water for 25 minutes, then it came in semi-warm - enough to take a shower without a heart attack.

Room is nicely decorated. Location is right across the river from the Dancing Building, and 15 minutes South of the Charles Bridge. Bathroom had heated floor.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Superior Double/Twin Room

stuff is rude, not welcoming poor wi-fi in the room, very poor at the breakfast restaurant small breakfast restaurant - not comfortable being there socket fell of the wall in my room

comfortable bed

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Semi transparent bathroom door. Soft matrace. Converted the booking price into local currency with bad exchange rate.

Calm and friendly reception. Silent spacious beautiful room after free upgrade.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

Our shower was blocked, but we didnt stay long enough to complain... The bath was brilliant so we just had baths instead 🙂

The staff were excellently pleasent... Really made you feel relaxed!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

The view of the river was spectacular. The rooms were large yet quaint. Felt cozy and warm. Favorite hotel of our 2 week vacation. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

Overcharged on the room after pre-paying via Booking.com and still waiting for the money days after. TV's kept turning themselves on throughout the night. Safe locked itself and a technician had to be called out to crack open. Tried to exchange money at the reception desk and I was given 3 different figures for the amount I was changing before asking the porter to return my card and opting to use a cash point.

Free upgrade which was nice.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Bedroom lighting hopeless, hard to read a book. Hard bed (for bad backs) and awful lumpy pillows. Courtyard room very gloomy.

The staff were always exceptionally helpful and nice. It is a quiet location.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Make sure you have a room to the back yard if you don't want to face the noisy street.

Good place near the center of Prague. Nicely furnished and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

No fault at all.

Excellent position on the river. Easy enough to get around on the transport system. Went to Praha stadium by underground and the surrounding area was a lovely shopping area and nice to chill with coffee and cake. Was a repeat visit to this hotel as thoroughly enjoyed the warm welcome received in the Summer. It was my birthday this time and without hesitation we knew we wanted to come back to this charming hotel. THANKS for having us.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Rooms are rather small, and for me there was not enough light in the room.

Excellent location. Old style hotel where you can feel a little bit like in "Franz Josef" times.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

The bar/restaurant was not very friendly, it was very small and empty all the time. In the evening I was going to join any other bar. It was not enough light in the room, i could not read in the evening actually.

Staff during the breakfast was really very nice and the breakfast was perfect! Amazing view through the room window

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

Comfortable rooms in a great location near the river. Nice to be in a quieter part of town, but still within easy walking distance of the major attractions.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Great localization of hotel, with beautiful view over the river. Convenient transportation, all of the sights withing 30min walk (underground - 5min walking).

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

Breakfast room was really small and for the top notch hotel a breakfast offer little narrow as well. But the quality was really great.

The view from the room.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

We felt that extra services are too much expensive .

Beautiful place, definitelly we will come back , we took rooms from the riverside, its just amazing view at the morning, tram is bridge cross away from hotel, from tram we needed two stations to get to the famous charles bridge.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Deluxe Double/Twin Room with View

Although the bathroom was clean, it lacked towels (one of the towels had a hole in it too) and some of the toiletries were only half filled. The floor had not been swept/cleaned. When we arrived there was a dead bug on the floor; it was still there the next day.

The room we had was very spacious and light.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Hard to make the room dark, air conditioning was a little confusing.

Useful location and good view from the room, pleasant staff, large room, nice decor, WiFi worked.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

1) Staff on reception in the first and second night was really strange and unhelpful. When I asked why they need to take a garanty from my card, he answered that I can steal something and run away. I think this kind of service is ok for hostel, not for 5-stars hotel. 2) There is a lot of spiders on the balcony. A LOT LOT LOT of spiders and a web also.

1) Really good location. 2) Dont know who, but the person, who answered me by mail after I made a booking, was so nice and helpful! He or she was upgraded my room, gave me much high level with the same price, when I told that we are traveling with child and need one more bed. Thanks a lot!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Arranged a late check out with hotel when booked room only to be informed on morning of last day that hotel fully booked and had to be out of room at normal check out time. The man at reception very unhelpful asked to speak to the management and another room was found.

Breakfast food good but overpriced

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Bath tub rim too high, dangerous to get in and out In our eyes not 5 stars, more like 4

Excellent Breakfast Defunct air condition was immediately repaired upon request

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Disappointment 1: upon arrival- We have specified that we have children and are travelling as a family but the hotel could not arrange our three rooms all on one floor. I had to talk to them again and again to get an answer that, I can pay €60 to upgrade one of my rooms to a suit room to make sure all my family can stay close. bare in mind that I have booked the hotel 3 weeks before travelling. I paid eventually to make sure my parents and in laws are not going to be stressed but we did not need a suit room at all. And the view from the suit is not impressive at all. By the way the receptionist wasn't sympathetic at all, let alone helpful. Disappointment 2: The hotel's building is not very friendly for people using wheel chairs or buggies, lots of stairs, and staff at the reception just keep people's luggage in one of the accessible lift. Disappointment 3: The rooms look well refurbished, but the doors are not sound proof. My room has the door facing the bed and you could see the light coming from under the door in the night. In the morning I was waken up by the hoover noise in another room. The curtains in the bedroom is blackout ones but the bathroom has no curtain and the bathroom has only sliding glass doors. So in the morning the light was very bright since very early time. Disappointment 4: Service is not really impressive. For this price I would expect the reception staff to be more bubbly and welcoming. Disappointment 5: The location of the hotel is not near any major tourist place. Lucky we went by car because with the kids we would not be able to walk anywhere to see something or have a meal. This might not be the fault of the hotel but it is a true disappointment for me.

The rooms are big. Breakfast was extra but the service was very good.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Was very difficult to get someone from reception to answer the phone. Had to call several times. Requested for an Iron. waited for half an hour and had to go down to the reception to remind them again as no one was answering the phone.

Need more lighting in the room. Only lamps

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The front house and bar staff were very dry and, whilst accommodating your needs, could have been a little cheerier. I would stress this was the weekend staff and the staff we encountered on the Monday at front of house were excellent.

The location, room and facilities at the hotel were fabulous and couldn't be faulted. Breakfast was excellent and the breakfast staff and housekeeping staff were always pleasant and very attentive.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The Superior Room (702) was a small room with two small windows on the ceiling. Nothing similar to what was shown on the page. When I approached the receptionist, the message provided was that the hotel was fully booked and they had to place me in that room. When I asked for a change, as the standard was way too different, they intended to charge me for an upgrade. How come that a lightful and bright room advertised end up being the maid's room? No customer service was provided. No free upgrade, no bottle of champagne, no follow up call on the next day. Nothing. When filling in a complaint, the responsible was so ironic saying that how would it be possible to upload 80 pictures per room. Of course, next time I might end up throw in a cell and get the same excuse. 5 stars.... yes, of course.

The cleaning lady was the most charming member of the staff. Always helpful and charming.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Riverside Suite

Everything was excellent therefore no negative comments to be made.

Excellent customer service, the hotel staff from management to cleaning staff made our stay so memorable, highly commendable.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Extremely comfortable bed, really relaxing after long day at work.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Room too warm!! Air conditioning not the best

Location Space Away from touristy areas (old town) Across from the river