Reviews of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel 5 stars

Žitná 8, Prague, 111 21, Czech Republic

#323 of 612 hotels in Prague

Never ever again, rude staff, many problems, "stolen" money from my credit card by hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location, the room and the cleanliness  of hotel are fine , but the whole experience of our holiday was destroyed by the staff and services of this hotel. In the 5-star hotel you would expect  high quality services provided by staff and no complications. There were several problems wich occured. The first one happened already during the time when were traveling by train to the Prague.  The person through whom the reservation was made and paid for, was not traveling with us to the Sheraton because it was gift (this one night stay) from him for me and my friends but the staff of hotel was calling him during we were in train that unless the person who was making the booking personally not came in, we will be not accomodated. They didn´t say where is the problem becasue all the rooms were already fully paid and also it was sent to the hotel list of guests for which the rooms are paid. Hotel solution of this issue was to make payment of the reservation of the 6 rooms ones again but still by the same person as before , which I do not understand very much what was the diffrence, because nothing has changed, except that we have paid 6 rooms  twice and it has just made us extra problems to ask from the company where we have a credit card cancellation of the first payment and wait 30 days for our money. Next negative aspect: when we arrived at the hotel, staff  once again after this whole process, so many  calls and second payment  told us same thing, that we cannot be accomodated. Fortunately after 20 minutes talk at the reception, they gave us cards from our rooms. The third negative, we said during check in that one person will arrive 2 hours later and we will not be at the hotel at this time. We wrote her name and the number of the room where she could be accomodated.

Location was good, close to the main attraction but still in...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Fitness, relaxation facilities weren't completely free of charge despite of the information we received from guest service. For leisure travelers especially the jacuzzi could be good to have complimentary.

Location was good, close to the main attraction but still in the quite area. Staff was really nice and the room was clean.

Great location, and helpful team except the restaurant which needs a lot of improvement!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast... the waiter serving us seemed to know more than the management.... he was quite rude and said there are print mistakes on the menu.... didn't want to serve us and charge us according to the menu for something as simple as an Omelette! Quite surprising....although it appeared perfectly correct to us!! We did not lodge a complaint against him, maybe we should have.

The front office team (reception) was very helpful, patient and communicated well in English. Comfortable Unisex spa (sauna) and plunge pool. Mikhaila at the reception was particularly helpful.

Details matter...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I asked for a quiet room and I was given the first room in the corridor where everyone else was passing. The insonorisation from the right side was extremely poor. I could hear my German neighbors talking... plus slamming doors from everyone else in the corridor. Disappointing. The view was also very poor-ugly building, room was birth oriented... no slippers in the room. Weird for 5 star hotel. Some amenities missing on my first night. Pity. You are expect real comfort when in 5 star hotel.

Bed

Great location - quiet and nice room
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel card € exchange rate policy made our checking out a bit more expensive.

Got a quiet room - facing to the courtyard. Breakfast is great. location can not be better.

A tired hotel in urgent need of a revamp and maintenance. Not a good advocate for the Sheraton brand

The hotel is in urgent need of a revamp. The lobby is depressing and the old furniture that is marked and stained does not provide a good first impression. The hotel is at least a 17 minute walk into the old town so the location was disappointing too. Overall I don't think that the hotel represented the Sheraton luxury brand - in contrast it really made us rethink whether we would stay at a Sheraton again. The photos on the website are misleading and our room and the overall hotel did not match our expectations.

The staff - always helpful and going above and beyond in...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff - always helpful and going above and beyond in making our stay as comfortable as possible; especially Ms Adela (at the reception/check in) was amazing; same goes for Valets - very helpful and sharing tips about where to go, what to see Room - spacious and comfortable, very quiet Location - walking distance from majority of main attractions If we ever come back we will go for this hotel again. Mainly because of the service we received

Very average hotel, a bit of a disappointment for being a...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very average hotel, a bit of a disappointment for being a Sheraton. Nothing bad per se, a part from maybe the level of cleanliness which could be slightly improved

Overall the hotel is ideally situated close to Karlovo Namiste tram stop which is a big plus.
    • Club Duplex Suite

The hand-held bidet in the toilet is not available. Would be great there is one.

Room #601 was wonderfully comfortable and was conveniently located near to the lift.

Friendly staff, clean room
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking cost 1000 czk and in the morning you wait 20 min for the car. Extremely expensive minibar (compare to other 5* hotels in Prague)

Friendly staff, clean room

Indeed it’s not too bad but just not live up to the 5 star...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Indeed it’s not too bad but just not live up to the 5 star standard. We found no slippers upon arrival and called the service centre, they insisted there must be slippers but there were no indeed and said it took long time to take us the slippers or we went downstairs to pick up ourselves. And then no water is refilled as well The housekeeping lady was quite noisy every morning which will wake you up early Location is not very convenient as other 5 star hotels. Not recommended if u have expectations on 5 star hotel services.

Fantastic city and great hotel. Would definitely stay Sheraton Prague again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I found the duvet too heavy so had to sleep with window open. Nice breeze, but my adult daughter was then cold. Also, outside was rather noisy with window open. Also, room was clean and nice, but quite business standard (drab)

Location great and staff unobtrusive yet pleasant when approached. Bar was very nice and quiet.

Not a 5* hotel for sure. Should be avoided
    • Club Duplex Suite

-The duplex suite was very dirty. I had to move a small table because my phone felt there and I found tons of dust, a cap and one dead cockroach. -It was very cold in the living room. Asked the receptionist to help me out, he sent a technician that did nothing. Asked for an electric heater and they said that it is impossible to give me one. After 2 days I got a cold so they offered to changed my suite to a new suite where the air conditioning works. They admitted that in my room the air conditioning was faulty. -The the main lobby it was also very cold. You had to put your coat to enjoy a drink there -Room service food was not 5*.. more like 3*

-Good location -Valet parking

we were two people in the room and just get one shower cup,...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

we were two people in the room and just get one shower cup, we have to ask for the tooth brush and so on, these things should not happen in a 5 stars hotel. Breakfast buffet was just average for a 5 stars hotel

It could have been better with more amenities in the bedroom and faster vallet parking service.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking is extremely expensive, almost 40 EUR and it took more than 20 minutes to get my car in the morning, which is unacceptable for a 5-star hotel.

The worse hotel ever
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The way the staff talk to you and they are rude. Any one is walking out side in the corridor you can hear there voice and the floor is noisy and its not comfort for sleep and relax ,the room is too small compare to any other 5 star hotel but this hotel has to be rated as 2 0r 3 star.

Nothing i like in the hotel because the picture in the booking website is totally different from the real I don't recommend it to anyone even the staff is rude. Not recommended to any one at all is't only waste of money

Nice modern hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No housekeeping after 4pm! Restaurant and in room dining menu options are limited and could be improved.

Nice modern hotel. Rooms were spacious. Good location. Close to major attraction but still in a calm quiet and safe are.

3-4 stars hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Old hotel, require renovation , definitely not a 5 star one. Breakfast was bad and overpriced. Horrible coffe, no fresh juices, food was blend.

Very Dated premises, breakfast was not good. Too much funds were blocked on the card which was definitely not justified.

Good business hotel in Prague
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

At check in lobby block 100 EURO for disbursements (it is ok) and price of your stay (not proceed witha payment only freezing this amount) and when you check out they make a new transaction - payment! Not using preliminary freezed amount. By doing this they actually block doble amount from you card. For example instead of 600 EUR you will be deprived 1200 EUR. The explanation is very simple - they don’t care about customers by doing this. It is sign of unprofessional approach. That is it. So be careful and demand to process freezed amount first and doesn’t matter if this amount match to final price, and only after that let them proceed with the remaining amount. It will solve this problem and will help you to avoid stress. In other this hotel is good place to stay in Prague.

Perfect location. Pillows very good , bads are comfortable, bathroom very well equipped. Clean. Very quiet rooms. This hotell is perfect for a business stay in Prague. The renovation was made some years ago but still good quality. Stuff was helpful.

A good place to base yourself. Nothing special.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Gym was very small, amenities and facilities seem alittle run down for a luxury hotel.

In a relatively good location. Walking distance to major sites (about a kilometre or two away) Breakfast was good.

Very comfortable with the added luxury
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The heating was rather too much and we couldn’t switch it off or turn it down . Some of the guests were rather loud as they went to their room drunk quite late

We were surprised with an upgrade to a duplex double which was great. Very nice and very comfortable room. All the staff were super friendly and very attentive

Great place to stay, great location for metro and trams.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Not enough sugar in the room for my tea...lol

I had booked a Executive room, but it wasn't ready for a while, the blonde hair with beard (forgot name) to come back in a hour, but he recommend to go check the local small Christmas market while the room was being taken care of, which I did and glad it he recommend to me, for I spent two hours there. When I returned, I checked in and noticed when I went into the room, it was the Duplex and not the Executive. I was upgrade and no extra. Considering it didn't have the street view I had with the Executive, just two small windows to let air in. I didn't care at all. Was great you did that. Bed was turned down that night and the next day, a nice little nuts and orange platter was on my table. The Sheraton is my go to place when I go to Prague. This was the second time and I'm glad I stayed there, made my Christmas that much extra special.

One of the best places to stay in Prague!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No smoking rooms available, however due to it being in the Euro-zone, most hotels do not have smoking rooms, however if they did provide a balcony (Like the suites or the Majestic hotel down the street), it would have been even more amazing.

Incredibly friendly staff, with everyone speaking perfect English and provided any information we requested about getting around Prague. Excellent location as well, its walking distance from everything essential. Great facilities for the price offered. Also a really nice, cozy pizza place around the corner. Definitely worth a stay for first timers!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Not very pleasant
    • Grand Premium Suite

Exit from the elevator requires a room access card, if it happens that you forgot your card in the room, you get stuck. It happened that a visit smoked in our suite, and we had to pay around 200 euros for property damages.

Be careful with using credit card with this hotel....
    • Club Duplex Suite

Staff can't use the terminal properly- they have billed me few times for same things... 01.12 billed me 253.20 EUR which they returned. 03.12 billed me 645.19 EUR 04.12 billed me 97.36 EUR 04.12 returned me 645.12 EUR 04.12 billed me 603.75 EUR 05.12 billed me 687.59 EUR THE BILL I HAVE FOR WHOLE STAY AND EVERYTHING ELSE WAS: 687.59 EUR so they owe me now 698,11 EUR that they have charged me on top of my bill... The staff has said to me that this was pre-authorisation but this is a total lie as pre-authorisation was billed on 03.12 and returned on 04.12... They have charged me additionally AFTER I left the hotel... So be careful and look at your card/bank statement after your stay at this hotel. Also there is no proper restaurant with nice menu. Breakfast is very low quality- I would expect something more than cold sausages and not properly cooked scrambled eggs... Also rooms are not cleaned properly- the cables that you use to connect your equipment to the TV were full of dust... TV was also dusted like it wasn't used for a months ! We only stayed one night instead of two as this was too much for us for this price ! Never again...

Apartment we were staying at had two bathrooms with bathtubs- this was the only nice thing this hotel have...

I would make other choice (for that price)
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel feels impersonal, cold. There was an insect in the bathroom. I cannot tell it was a cockroach, but it was 4 centimetres long and had many legs.

The hotel is very well located.

Both the city and the hotel exceed expectation.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I slightly prefer other locations if you’re looking to head into old town (the best bit of Prague for me). That’s only slight though and still easily walkable.

The hotel was pretty spot on. I was working out of the lobby, and the WiFi and food were good with a pleasant setting. The rooms are well designed, and the rooftop bar here is a great final touch.

Good location, not far from the city center.
    • Club Duplex Suite

Honestly I'd have expected something more from a 5 stars Sheraton. Our suite was good but a bit dusty. Lounge too too small...

Good location, not far from the city center. Good staff, very smiley and helpful.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the warm reception...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We booked the hotel partly due to the roof top terrace that has fantastic views of the city, unfortunately the terrace wasn't open due to inclement weather. However, the time we were there the weather was fine and therefore believe it is only open during warmer months.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the warm reception received from all staff members was fantastic.

Location and friendly staff makeup for the lack of facilities expected in a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We stayed in Sheraton Bangkok, Sheraton dubai etc. In comparison to those Sheraton hotels, this doesn't have any facilities or room size or anything of 5 star hotel calibre.

I have to say the entire staff, particularly the man in the tour section on the side of the restaurant was extremely helpful. Location is very quiet and accessible to anywhere to a metro nearby.

Wouldn't repeat it.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Never seen such a poor chaotic service at breakfast! Not a good way to start ur day.

Beds were comfy and the rooms were nice. The water pressure was great in the showers.

There are better around for the similar €€
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was set up for someone else and our guest card had the other persons name on it. Also someone else's bag fot deliveried to our room and left there for the evening - not impressed. Got charged more by the hotel then we booked for on bookings.com

Showers were epic & Beds were comfortable. The free choc almonds from bookings.com were nice aswell.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Family Suite

The facility was a bit old and the pillows are certainly too old to hold your neck for the night.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very convenient to go around, and surrounded by nice restaurants.

Such comfortable beds!! Perfect after a busy day of sightseeing!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing - perhaps slightly out location wise - would have preferred to be closer to the old town but this is only obvious once you visit (or at least was in our case!)

The beds were so comfortable - one of the best stays in terms of quality of sleep I have ever had! Would recommend after a hectic day of walking and sightseeing 100%

Friendly staff & location is 1 km from all attractions
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location is a bit far for walking from main attractions like Charles bridge, Shopping area , astronomical tower etc as all are 1 Km away. Hotel is not up to the exepectations of Sheraton Chain. We were in deluxe room no 542, basin and marble slab was broken and cracked. Breakfast is also not as per Sheraton chain

Staff is very friendly Rooms are comfortable

Excellent stay in Prague
    • Family Suite

Parking - you have two options, either valet parking (at 1K CZ) or a remote parking facility (approximately 500 meters off the hotel at half the valet price).

We stayed in a nice and spacious room with a terrace. We travelled with two children aged 9 - they liked the location tremendously. As far as the overall feel of the hotel is concerned, one needs to appreciate that the hotel is located in a historic building and this puts some limitations on how the interior could be adapted for hotel purposes: some corridors may appear too narrow, lifts seem a little claustrophobic. But, I guess, this is normal for hotels located in old buildings. Overall, I can easily recommend this facility in Prague.

Nice and comfortable property
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The issue for me was to find parking for my rented van, the hotel parking was not suitable to accomodate such type of vehicle due space limitation. Nearby public parking is available about 7 minutes walk.

The hotel is located in a quiet area and not far away from the old town. The staff are friendly.

The staff person at the registration desk was particularly...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff person at the registration desk was particularly helpful--he found me a quiet room (my request) and it was very nice. I had moved over from a less desirable hotel across the river. I was so grateful. I stayed only one night, but when I return to Prague I'll spend my entire time at the Sheraton!

I like the location , not so far away from the city centre.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It is not as good as the other sheraton around the world, the facilities need to be improved. I do not like the top bar, it is not as good as the picture, was disappointed.

I like the location , not so far away from the city centre. It is cheaper than other sheraton, value of money.

Good locations, valet parking. Good breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the water can not go quick in the bathtub.

excellent breakfast! good location , valet parking. our room can see the river and castle. Big room with comfort bed. Friendly staff. All excellent in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

acceptable for the value you pay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the bed was not comfortable, the breakfast was average; bread is not fresh, coffee quality is below average, juice mixed with water!

excellent staff, very good housekeeping service, quality modern furniture

Comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not enough space in the canteen for breakfast and we had to seat in the lobby because of huge group of Chinese people who occupied all the tables. I expected a better breakfast for this price. Bread buns were not freshly baked. The rooms look too simple for a 5* hotel. The location is in the center but not very close to the metro.

Comfortable bed. Nice service at the bar. The waiter was very friendly

Great hotel spot to start your Prague tour
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good, however, the scramble egg mix, was way to runny. However, the eggs to order, great chef. The tall guy. Felt bad for him bending over due to the heat vent.

Hotel and staff were great....... The bell hop, hope that's the right term still. Young black gentlemen, extremely friendly on arrival and departure. My room was excellent. Had the Duplex.

Lovely location and facilities!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Our room was not ready for us, even after early check in was requested and approved. The breakfast was over priced at 50 euro for two people. The eggs were cold and the drinks were warm. I would expect more for 25 euro per person.

The location was great! The valet parking was also wonderful. The welcome at check in was nice!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Thanks
    • Club Duplex Suite

The sofa beds were not comfortable

The concierge was very helpful and the tour we had with the private driver was excellent. The driver Mr Martin is the best.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

عاشق التشيك

The hotel is small, breakfast is not varied, anywhere access to the room is not good, the crew collaborator

الطاقم متعاون ، يوجد في الاستقبال موظف مصري ممتاز جداً اعتقد اسمه احمد او ابراهيم ،لاني نسيت الاسم ، الواي فاي ممتاز جداً ، المطعم صغير جداً والاكل غير متنوع وليس بمستوى فندق 5 مجوم ، يوجد بالقرب من الفندق سوبر ماركت وصالون حلاقة وقريب من الترام

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Great place to stay, staff and rooms are great
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable. The town car was convenient and great value, meant we didn't have to book a taxi.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Great hotel in a great location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bacon was a bit too crispy but you can't accommodate every bodies preference.

The selection of breakfast items was great they even have a chef there to cook a fresh omelet of your choice.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

If you just check my past reviews i am so optimist and nice to staff and to hotel but this time bad

Noisy, staff can not handle the problems, and lazy, if possible i wish i didnt want to stay , and i will tell all my friends not to stay in sheraton in prague

Norhing , they remind me the old bad hotels

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Had an excellent stay
    • Club Duplex Suite

The Club lounge suits it's purpose but was quite dull. Should include unlimited complimentary water bottles. No spirits in minibar.

Two-level suite was perfect as we traveled as a group (of friends). Great espresso machine in the room. Club lounge access with snacks. Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The location is very convenient, the front desk is very...
    • Family Suite

There's no more choices of lunch.

The location is very convenient, the front desk is very helpful and they help us resolve some issues efficiently.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Far from a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was rather small and the view from the window was towards a block of buildings. The hotel was very underwhelming and far from a five star! The photos are not accurate at all.

The staff are really friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Business hotel, with little to offer leisure holiday tourists.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This was not a 5 star accommodation, so I spent 1 night and checked out. This is a poorly advertised hotel and I would expect better from a 5 star brand.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

I was put off by the fact that desk staff told me that I...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was put off by the fact that desk staff told me that I could not use the spa as it was closed and under construction and that I would have to use the spa across the street. The spa was in fact open and I booked a massage myself. That whole thing confused me!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Good for a very quick Trip but not so long time
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- Staff were not so proffessional - Breakfast was not as expected - the shower in the room we got has no door so the water comes outside easily!! - the pictures on Booking.com gave us false impression about the hotel .. in reality the pictures are way better that what is it in reality!!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Good location, comfortable bed, meets the expectations of a five star
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff could have been accommodating to our requests for a room with a good view. Instead what we got was the far end of courtyard view. Although we are a Starwood preferred guest we were made to feel not very important may be coz we booked online.

Liked the location. Very close to almost all attractions.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

I would like to say great thanks to Sheraton Prague and its...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I would like to say great thanks to Sheraton Prague and its staff for the great reception and the very tasty complimentary cake on arrival and champagne with strawberries on my birthday. What a fantastic treat. You really made my stay very special.Comfortable stay. Good selection in the breakfast room and attentive and friendly staff. The hotel is very accessible to the city and tourist destinations.Had a cocktail drink and enjoyed the view on high 8 restaurant.A big shout out to the ladies who served us there.Sheraton Prague is highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Not satisfied at all
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were not friendly at all, low choice of brakfrast. No room with balcony. Did not like it at all and it's not worth paying for Sheraton in Prague.

except the location nothing else was poor

The most courteous and most helpful concierge desk.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The most courteous and most helpful concierge desk. Simply the best.

Location is a little further away from Old Town

good stay.,

The staff could have been friendlier.

Nice firm, pull out bed.

Ok but I would not go back as this is not rated correctly.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was awful. Breakfast staff were not helpful at all.

Rooms were clean.

Courteous staff.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was cramped, too small. Not enough space to keep two suitcases.

Courteous staff.

Nice area

Nice area

we have enjoy our stay, I would book again at same hotel, Its a very nice hotel.

nothing I can think of.

the staff were very friendly and helpful. the food was very fresh and tasty.

Great room with excellent bed

Great room with excellent bed

Excellent Staff, available for special needs (my gf was ill...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent Staff, available for special needs (my gf was ill and I got everything what I need)

The Room Nr 531 was very quiet, so we could sleep with a...

The Room Nr 531 was very quiet, so we could sleep with a window open

Did not like the location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Did not like the location...otherwise it was satisfactory. Staff was great!

Price for breakfast!

Great location. Staff friendly and helpful. Room had everything we needed. This was my second stay and I would stay again.

It was overall allright.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The service at the reception couldnbe better and the location is quite a distance from the city centre

The bed was comfy.

Nice & comfortable stay 😊
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Coffee creamer or milk was old when we made coffee in the room got spoiled.

Quite comfortable

Good clean & tidy business stay over hotel .

All good.no complaints

Good size room, clean & tidy .

great location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

morning buffet couldve been bigger

great location. nice restaurants in walking distance

• Club Duplex Suite

Not like the picture and the air-condition so bad

Browse Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel traveller photo gallery