Reviews of Hotel U Hvezdy 3 stars

Belohorska 259, Prague, 16900, Czech Republic

#559 of 612 hotels in Prague

It was okay but I would suggest trying to find somewhere quieter even if it meant payimg a bit more.

The main problem is the position on a very busy main road into Prague. The windows had to be kept closed all the time as there was loud noise otherwise, and even with the windows closed there was a continous buzz and hum, with some louder noise for big lorries. The breakfast was included - only fair in quality.

The staff were welcoming, the cost was fair, the tram to the centre stopped very regularly just by the hotel. There was a good walk by crossing the road from the hotel to the White Mountain site and the Hvezda (Star) park.

Guests can park their cars at private parking.

Dark corridors with "hidden" switches and unexpected stairs.

Guests can park their cars at private parking. Public transport station (tram, bus) just 5 minutes walk away.

Price / value is in balance. Not a hotel to celebrate your honeymoon but close to the airport
    • Double or Twin Room

Because our flight was canceled we had to find a room in the evening. The man at the reception was not amused that booking.com booked a room with 3 beds for me alone which I couldn't help. This is maybe an IT issue but the customer can't help this. Quite noisy hotel; if guests arrive late you will hear this.

close to the airport

Our room was clean, the breakfast had a good selection, and...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was good but the address we got from booking.com was totally wrong!! We looked for about an hour to try to find the hotel that was on a totally different street than the address given. We asked over 5 people if they knew where it was before we finally found it. For a while I was thinking that the hotel didn't exist. Not fun when you're already arriving late in the city.

Our room was clean, the breakfast had a good selection, and the location was perfect for taking the tram into the city. Tram 22 comes straight in front of the hotel and takes you to many of the major attractions. It was super easy.

Typical low-cost Czech hotel near airport and with access to city.

Someone had clearly smoked in my bathroom prior to my getting the room (to be fair, I don't think I specifically requested a smoking or non-smoking room). Also there was one issue with the location no places to eat nearby: I had a bicycle so I could make the 2-3 km trek to the closest location, but by foot later at night, it might have been problematic.

It was a typical reasonably priced Prague hotel - perfect if you want to be near the airport and be able to go into the city. Most of the staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was a typical Czech hotel breakfast (bread rolls, ham, cheese, butter, jam, etc) - with the added luxury of muesli.

Not recommended for young people or travellers intending to be awake after 10pm. Far from the city.

The staff at night were very rude and threatened to call the police although we tried our very best to be as quiet as possible. The doors were old and squeaky and made noise anyway. We were travelling as a band working a late night gig so that was very uncomfortable for everyone especially considering we were trying to be respectful and it is a hotel that was recommended to us by the venue.

The lady on reception during the day was very friendly.

great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Great value for money. In our room with a little balcony, we had everything we wanted for an easy stay. Close proximity to the airport, yet you can conveniently get to the city by PT. The receptionist was an extremely pleasant and helpful lady.

The staff were amazing.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were amazing. My 2.5 yr old son and I had an early flight and they really helped me with everything. I was amazed at this level of service that was friendly - the staff were just nice - they really made what could have been difficult run smoothly and went above and beyond what you could expect from even a much more expensive hotel. Thank you

The breakfast selection was quite good!
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was quite small, and there was a leak from the shower, which caused the carpet to be quite wet! The staff seemed very glad to know, so they could fix it. It did not ruin our stay at all!

The breakfast selection was quite good! It was a great way to start off our day.

Right next to tram line with direct trams to city center.
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet didn't look very clean, I found some hair in the toilet when I got in. Noisy, very noisy guests. People screaming and making noises through out the middle of the night.

Right next to tram line with direct trams to city center. Staff is nice and will try to help you. For a night stay it is ok.

never ever, sorry for a bed review..but this room was all bad
    • Double or Twin Room

the whole hotel was smelling like one big cigarette, then we asked and all rooms are there No smoking!! but it was there like in a pub after 1 AM we got only one blanket for two persons in a two bad room!! staff was everything else but not nice my wife got a very strong itching after one night there. never ever!!!! I think the worse we ever had.

sorry nothing here, it was awful

very helpful and friendly staff, close to a tram station.

breakfast was OK but could be better.

very helpful and friendly staff, close to a tram station. (line 22 goes everywhere!) it was my second time there and I recommend.

A good standard of accommodation for the price paid
    • Double or Twin Room

The duvets provided could have been bigger/thicker. It would have been nice if the bar had been open during the day.

We chose Hotel U Hvezdy primarily because of its close proximity to Obora Hvězda where we were participating in a re-enactment event over the weekend. We have stayed here before on several occasions and have always found that it provides a good standard of accommodation for the price charged.

Simle, cgeap hotel.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Beds in family appartment were absolutely horrible. I like a firm matress, but this was prison style.

Simle, cgeap hotel. Friendly staff, easy to go to Prague centre by tram.

Hotel U hvezdy
    • Double or Twin Room

Old hotel, old furniture, terrible bed very small, dirty, poor breakfest and parking ? 5 places and full so we had to park out on the street. The bathroom was terrible, water did not go in the shower, dirty. Never ever again!

Nothing about the place we liked.

I enjoyed it

It's quite far from the city center, but it is very close to a tram station.

I really appreciate the fact that I made a special request before I arrive, and they gave me what I needed. The room and the breakfast was good. It was not expensive.

Adjacent to the Airport, so if you've been looking for a...
    • Quadruple Room

Located on a main road, so it is pretty noisy as you cannot shut the windows (no air-conditioner) in hot summer night.

Adjacent to the Airport, so if you've been looking for a budget overnight stay - that could be a decent option. Breakfast is included in price.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

I was welcomed by a very nice lady with smile on face and...

Bed was not comfortable. Spring compression sinking to body. I think they urgently need to change them. The hostels for lot chipper prices having the same bed. Shame!

I was welcomed by a very nice lady with smile on face and willingness. Room was clean and breakfast was good.

• Double or Twin Room

The window opened on the street side, so it was very noisy because of cars. The sheet on the bed is not cleaned. I am not recommend it to anyone

Great stay near airport.

There was really nothing major. It's on a busy street but not too noisy. Airplanes can be heard but aren't disturbing.

A perfect place to stay if you need a quick connection to the airport. They called a cab for me to come at 4:00 am. They were even there at 4 to ensure everything worked out. Nice facilities. Close to airport and public transportation.

Good location, close to the tram station and castle, good rooms, customer care needs improvement

- Some employees were very Incommunicado- wanting to help or communicate. I had 2 situations with the same persons. First, I was told (and it is also written on the web site) that there is 24-hour front desk and hotel is non-stop open, but when I returned in 00.30 from site seeing and 5-minutes ringing on the reception bell, the employee opened the door with "Why are you returning now, who told you that?" Next morning I faced the same person for breakfast, when I asked for more fruit (only one apple was served on the table), only what I got was the one apple for breakfast and rude answer- Co tam je- to je while he was turn his back on me! Zero politeness - Wi fi connection in the room was weak - Too noisy- there was a private party in the restaurant in the evening, so we- the other guests, can not enjoy in the room - The lobby at the front desk is very small, if you want to use the internet you have to seat in the restaurant

Good location, next to tram station and very close to the castle. Rooms are ok for few nights oversleep, Kaufland supermarket is one tram stop close, breakfast nice, but not much vegan friendly. Good surroundings - parks Bila Hora and Odbor Hvezda (suitable for family with kids), Břevnovský klášter, Pražský hrad and church Panny Marie Vítězné are very close and nice to see, since you are staying here.

close to the tram that takes you to the city center - about...

better hotels might be found. bed mattresses were just a piece of foam. no a/c. wifi not always working.

close to the tram that takes you to the city center - about 20 min journey

The location is super good, only one direct tram ride to...
    • Quadruple Room

The room is small and the bathtub has no shower curtain. The hotel is located at a main route and it is noisy.

The location is super good, only one direct tram ride to Castle and old town square. The breakfast is good too.

Relaxed setting with lucky dark beer

The room temperature was too high, with stuffed feeling. When I opened the window, the breeze was nice, but some insects started to come in as the night falls. There was no screen. The room was OK clean, but the bath mat was juicy wet before I used it. Be aware that the closest restaurant that would be open at night is at the next tram stop...

Good to be near a tram stop which would take you straight to the Praha castle in 30 minutes. Family-style relaxed atmosphere. They had a restaurant in the back which they said usually was closed except a party occasion. It was open on the last day of my stay, and I enjoyed the dark draft beer on the tap and some local music... Nice sound of birds from the window.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Fantastic Hotel Staff
    • Double or Twin Room

For me, the shower was a little slippery and I did not have shower shoes for traction.

The staff was fantastic!!! The staff was sincerely helpful in many ways during my stay. I would like to go back someday just to say hello to many of them. Wonderful and friendly people.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

close to tram stop, tickets available at hotel, breakfast...

we took a 3-person room, but only 2 places were prepared. Pillows are too small. No shampoo, shower gel - only 1 soap and 1/2 toilet paper for 2 days )

close to tram stop, tickets available at hotel, breakfast included, parking spot

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Great for backpackers to overnight
    • Double or Twin Room

No elevator (and 2nd floor). Small room, hard bed. Not very clean, almost impossible to ventilate. Lamp above wash basin did not light. VERY POOR stream of water - impossible to wash-off the shampoo from hair. Breakfast - quite good except sausage and eggs. Well, almost all I said is acceptable and cool for that price. But the skimping on water stream is really embarrassing and senseless.

Quite close to city centre, good connection by urban transport. Very kind staff. Very good price. Good parking.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Poor balance of price/quality
    • Double or Twin Room

Room very old, no windows, poorly cleaned(trash under bed). There has been no investment in the hotel for decades. Breakfast done extremely cheaply. For price 50-60 euros per night, this is extremely unfavorable balance of price/quality.

Staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Good location and access to airport and city centre
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff are a bit miserable, the decor is very dated but we have stayed a few times because of the convenience.

The location for speedway, airport, tram stops and city centre are great. There is a nice restaurant and bar around the back of Kaufland called Chapalados

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

delivered under expectation...but satisfactory overall

location is on main road going into prague centre so traffic is noisy. i needed to close windows when trying to sleep.

happy overall. staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi signal was very good!

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Normal
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

This hotel allmost every evening organising falk evenings for big groups. Our family could have possibility to participate in this evening for 35 Eur (2 adults and 3 children) . It was nice experience :)

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

FOR TRAVELERS

house keeping is very poor, but there is no problem if you are not in obsession of clealiness

Breakfast sufficent, location is good because of Tram 22, also from airport with bus 191 to vypich and then tram 22, after two stop you are at hotel, very suitable for travellers.

ok

the trams under my window during the night

everything was good

Close to the airport

Personel rude and unpleasant

Close to the airport

I had to leave early, before breakfast, but the owner was so...

I had to leave early, before breakfast, but the owner was so nice to get up earlier and prepare me breakfast!

Perfect stay

Staff was very friendly and helpful, even helped me to order taxi at 3.00 am. I hope to come again to this place.

We were so pleased
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Stuff was briliant,food exelent.

Nice, pleasant time

A bit small room. Hot water kettle would be a great bonus.

Easy communication, fast and straight forward.

Public transport at the door

Breakfast is really not compatible with the price paid for it.

Public transport at the door

Very nice hotel friendly staff

Nice breakfast clean rooms Very kind staff reception and cleaning staff Thanks Thomas in 107 room

Will never go back to this hotel

The room and its furniture are very poor

Prague hotel

Wifi, location, small room and bathroom

Private Parking

Very friendly staff I stayed there 3 nights now

Very friendly staff I stayed there 3 nights now

Ideal location for my needs - good value

Size and thickness of duvet

Handy location

Nice hotel and staff

Good reception staff

Simple hotel.

The breakfast was modest.

Simple hotel.

Overall not bad.

Slow wifi, breakfast was a little sub-average.

Nice staff, clean rooms, 2 minute walk from the train stop.

good value for a quick stay

no soundproofing, noisy

cheap accommodation on the streetcar line

Terrible smell in entire property,very bad location and not friendly stuff
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The reception guy was extremally not nice

Staff very friendly, convenient place to visit old town...

Non

Staff very friendly, convenient place to visit old town Prague by tram. The staff do everything they can to meet your need.

Review

The proximity to the main road (noise) and the Wi-Fi could be better

The proximity to the public transport station and some markets.

The strenght of the WiFi signal is very weak.

The strenght of the WiFi signal is very weak. If it works it disconnects in every few minutes or it is very slow.

Nothing to recomend

Inget

Cheap hotel wouldn't book it again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel was noisy and smelly. Bathroom was old and dirty. Stains on the carpet, wifi top floor not working.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Fine
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet connection could be better

Clean and comfortable room, friendly staff, easy to reach city center, good price, breakfast, free parking

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Bed felt a bit like bag of springs.

Bed felt a bit like bag of springs.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

I like this beautiful lady, she helped us so much during our...
    • Quadruple Room

I like this beautiful lady, she helped us so much during our travelling. Thanks again !!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good value for money
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The hotel is far from the Old Town but is accesible by tram.

Friendly staff, free breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

good location, friendly staff, property needs some upgrade work

older hotel needs update

friendly staff breakfast location

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Stay in a historical building nearby a nice wood
    • Double or Twin Room

There could be a lift and everything could be cleaner and working.

Nice building, nice furniture, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Breakfast was good.

There carpet was rather durty. It was a problem with them shower. It is noisy.

Breakfast was good. Parking place .

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Everything was ok, very good location, the city center is...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Everything was ok, very good location, the city center is 15-20 minutes with tram. The rooms are clean. Very good! Thanks

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

It is not in the center as you can understand from the...

The cleaning was not good enough.

It is not in the center as you can understand from the location but in front of the hotel there is a tram station. So, you can use it to reach the city center. If you do not want to pay lots of money for a hotel in the city centre, it is a good one to stay. The staff were helpful. The breakfast is also good.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

Nice guy at the reception, willing to help.

Creepy, dirty beds, very uncomfortable, abused. They need to be replaced immediately. Radiators cannot be turned down, so the heat was like in hell. Water doesn't flow on the top floor.

Nice guy at the reception, willing to help.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

Close to the tram which takes you to the downtown in 14 min.

In the last day the breaskfast table was not good as in the first days (missing sausage) and it seems that recepcionist from morning/afternoon shift does not like to help the guests that much.

Close to the tram which takes you to the downtown in 14 min. The receptionist from night shift is very firendly, she gave me all the support. It's cheap. Breakfast reasonable.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Highly recommended!

Highly recommended! Perfect place to stay for easy travelers with all needed facilities. Stuff is amazingly friendly and helpful! Thank you! Good connection with city centre. Take tram 22 and ride through the most beautiful places

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

Good location.

We are stayed in first floor sweet. There are free WiFi, but slow and partial. Can read mails and news/facebook, but forget watching youtube.

Good location. Tram stop near hotel. Kaufland is one tram stop from hotel. Large and FREE car parking. Breakfast are good. I´d say very good, but my wife say acceptable. Kids dont care. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Price was very good for our 9 night stay.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

Very near to prg airport - only 9 min drive.

The staff was not so welcoming, the location is near the main road - very loud. The rooms are not comfortable at all (we were put at an attic with 1 roof window).

Very near to prg airport - only 9 min drive.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

It was close to the airport and we got a good breakfast.

A bit slow Wi-Fi + the receptionists just did their job but nothing more, not a single smile or nice word.

It was close to the airport and we got a good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

Very close to a tram stop and not far from a big department...

No lift, wifi was very slow in the evenings, there was some kind of leak from our bathroom, the location is quite far out of town and you have to transfer to get downtown or to the train station, and most importantly, the room desperately needs an air conditioner or at least a fan.

Very close to a tram stop and not far from a big department store/supermarket. They sell transportation tickets at the front desk, which is very helpful as there's nowhere to buy them on the platform.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Staff and location, breakfast, parking.

leaky bed linen, old windows no possibility to close and most - advance payment immediately after booking it was 3 months before our stay. This is not acceptable, sorry.

Staff and location, breakfast, parking.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2015

The price and location were excellent, especially if you...

There was a slight odor to the room and the beds weren't the most comfortable.

The price and location were excellent, especially if you plan to travel to the airport.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

wi-fi

Despite I'd stated no hot water the reseptionist never care on this situation. I'd ask 3 times. He did not try to solve. Instead smoking or relaxing he choised. I couldnt take shower during my trip. It was awful. My score is zero for this hotel!!!

wi-fi

• Reviewed: 26 January 2015

Transport connections/possibilities to the centre.

Breakfast: only cold buffet. Some rooms may have a problem with the noise during the night as hotel is at the main road with the tramway and with frequent traffic. Low-cost bathroom equipment. Very small CRT TV.

Transport connections/possibilities to the centre. Comfortable bed. Adjustable heating. Big jogging nearby area. No wifi problems. Good value/price ratio. Nonstop reception desk. Parking lot price-included.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2015

Staff were always polite and helpful.

Breakfast was okay but a bit limited in terms of choice.

Staff were always polite and helpful. Bedrooms clean and comfortable to stay in, with wifi being accessible from the rooms. The hotel is a little way out from the centre of Prague, fortunately the trams are quick (and cheap!) and located just outside the hotel.

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel U Hvezdy traveller photo gallery