Reviews of Palac U Kocku 3 stars

Jilska 9, Prague, 110 00, Czech Republic

#170 of 612 hotels in Prague

9.7

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Room was spacious, clean, no frills.
    • Family Room

Parking was a disaster. They should change the parking information on the website to say the hotel does not have parking, which was one of the criteria that I searched with. This hotel does NOT have parking. They offer parking at a sister hotel that was a good 20 minute walk away. Or a €10 taxi, which would require waiting. I am happy that I stayed there, but it would be better if the information was not misleading. There is NO PARKING at this hotel. Also, the elevator was painfully slow, which is normally not a big deal, but was very noticeable.

Room was spacious, clean, no frills. Great location in the heart of the old city of Prague. Was loud outside, but didn't notice the noise with the windows closed. Breakfast was included in the modest rate, and there was a large selection of quality food.

The hotel is fine but the kitchen staff were horrible!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was fine with this hotel until the morning we were checking out and I had a terrible and embarrassing experience with the staff. There is a breakfast buffet included with the price of the room. Our taxi had arrived to take us to the airport so we did not have time to sit down and eat, so I quickly took croissants in a napkin for my friend and I to eat on our way. A staff member started yelling at me and treating me like I was stealing. I tried to explain that I was a guest of the hotel on my way to the airport but she made me wait while she called over another member of the staff to come out and also scold me in front of everybody. I couldn’t believe it! I was taking the cheapest item on the breakfast buffet that I paid for as a guest and they were treating me like I was a thief. They had me hand them back the croissants (they wanted to put them back after I touched them... ew!) and made me leave with everybody watching. I have never been treated that way and was absolutely apalled that they would embarrass me that way over a croissant that I paid for. I would never return to this hotel after that experience.

The room was pretty good. Both the bathroom and the main area of the room are a good size. The beds were comfortable. It is also nice that there is a restaurant downstairs. The location is pretty good because it is right around the corner from the main square. No views though.

Would Recommend!
    • Economy Single Room

The staff really make this place so special! Very welcoming and accommodating. Wonderful location, but bear in mind you're in the heart of the nightlife so may be too noisy if you like an early night! Breakfast was average. Room was clean and cosy.

The bar Staff was unprofessional!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The bar staff, blond young waiter was lied about price of beer and wanted to keep extra money

The bar Staff was unprofessional! Taken extra euro for drink without asking!!

Walking distance from everything
    • Double or Twin Room

While the location is convenient, it is also very loud as the number of tourists on the street and in the outdoor sections of restaurants makes the hotel less than relaxing. Our room on the top floor was also very uncomfortable in that you couldn’t stand up straight in the tub/shower as the roof is slanted where they put the shower (I am only 5’8” so not VERY tall). Additionally there is no furniture near the outlets so phones and other electronics need to be placed on the floor to charge. Overall the room was spartan and very unattractive.

Walking distance from everything

The location is really good as very central and in the city...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately, the first night next to our room some guys were partying and we heard music until 6:00 am...we complain at the reception but not much changes. On the low floor as the windows are not very good, we hear the noise of the street...with ear plug it is fine but otherwise would ask for a room in the higher floors.

The location is really good as very central and in the city center. The room are big and clean. Breakfast is fine with warm and cold food.

Great location, great breakfast & strong wi-fi. Extra-Large people won't fit in the shower.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Difficult to find (but probably every place is upon initial arrival). Top floor room was tricky to navigate without bumping head on slanted dormer-like ceiling. Shower was extremely small corner thing that was difficult to manage for even this 5'1" petite woman. A more typical large American would not even be able to fit in it and close the sliding door.

Right off the Old Town Square. Excellent breakfast and strong Wi-Fi. Discount at the ground level restaurant.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Highly recommended hotel in terms of location and ambience.
    • Family Room

A cleaner hotel room and better rates.

We love the location of Palac U Kocku, and the restaurants, cafes and the old town square is within 5minutes walk from the hotel. The staffs are very helpful and the restaurant Fat Cat found within the hotel proper serves good food and beer.

Good located
    • Economy Single Room

Very simple breakfast. Dirty cups. Strange smell in the room. There is no Elevator for economy rooms.

Location is in the heart of the old town. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Perfect thanks
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Oh only in the UK 🇬🇧 having a hair dryer is dangerous in bathroom and maybe a large Mirror in room as there was 3 of us.

The hotel was excellent facilities and the room was very good and big, fabulous comfy bed the hotel staffs were friendly and helpful, the breakfast and hotel restaurant where excellent and would vist Prague and hotel again. Nothing.

Great hotel, amazing location !
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Horrible sewer smell in the bathroom :-/

Great hotel, amazing location in the old town. 2min walk to the Old Town Square and Charles Bridge. The Fat Cat bar downstairs is a lovely place for having breakfast. The room was huge, and the beds very comfortable, and thanks to the double windows, the noise from the street is very low. We slept very well !

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Excellent stay, would definitely recommend. Can't beat the location.
    • Family Room

The shower lacked water pressure, and we noticed ants on the floor of our room. Not an infestation, but enough to notice. Also, and this will only matter if you have mobility issues or wayyy too much luggage, but because the hotel is right in the middle of the tourist area, most taxis or Ubers will not go there except for very early in the morning.

It would be pretty tough to beat the location of this hotel. It is right in the middle of the tourist area. The breakfast included with the room rate was absolutely delicious. Lots of choice and very tasty. If you are traveling in the summer it's also great as there is effective a/c in the rooms, which is nice when you return after a hot day (and also necessary because the streets are too loud late into the evening to leave your windows open). They also offer a 10% discount in the pub downstairs. The staff is very helpful and responsive. After our car service (Prague Airport Transfers sucks, btw) fell through, they arranged a hotel shuttle service for us.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great place and location for the money!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The only part I didn’t like is our view was rooftop and another building. On the flip side it was quiet for being right in the middle of old town!

So transport isn’t included but they set it up for you easy peasy both ways. 700 cz each way which is very reasonable... it’s not fancy, quite plain but it’s a great deal and the location is amazing.

Best location, accessible to all tourist spots.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

No mirror in the room, only in the bathroom, not a deal breaker but just to note.

Best location, accessible to all tourist spots. Wide selection of breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Excellent location and friendly staff
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Let us check in slightly early and held or bags for free on the last day after we had checked out. The staff made an effort to say hello and goodbye every time we saw them. The location was a minutes walk from the clock tower. The fat cat brewery had food and drink options at reasonable prices. Good if you are a craft beer drinker - lots of choice. Surrounded by lots of food and drink places, plus shops. 10-15 minute walk to Charles’ Bridge. Breakfast was simple but something for everyone and they kept topping it up (served from 7-10). Aircon in room and room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Spacious rooms with fantastic historical atmosphere and...
    • Family Room

Regarding parking possibilities some more information prior to arrival would be good.

Spacious rooms with fantastic historical atmosphere and great location.

Spacious room with an excellent AC (appreciated in the heat...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Very minor things, but the room could do with a few things like an iron and a full lenght mirror. The beds were quite hard. The breakfast was very nice, but the decor of the restaurant was a bit "backpacker"

Spacious room with an excellent AC (appreciated in the heat wave). It was very clean, quiet, and the location was perfect. The staff was lovely and helpful.

One of the best hotels i have been to

We came to Prague to get married and we couldn't ask for more. The room was impressive, really spacious, with a lot of windows, air-conditioning and was cleaned everyday. The staff were very nice and helpful with multiple calls and preparations.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We would definitely stay there again anad recommend to others
    • Double or Twin Room

Access a little difficult for taxis, but again understandable

The location was just perfect, right in the centre. The room was large and airconditioning was fine. Due to its central location (and time of year) it was noisy outside if you left the windows open, but this was understandable - your choice if you want something so central. Staff were wonderful - can't praise them enough.

Great place if you’re planning to walk.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

- No elevator. Our room was on third floor. - breakfast can be better.

- The location is just perfect. Everything is within walking distance. - Staff are friendly.

Amazing stay! Will definitely return!
    • Double or Twin Room

Room missing an elongated mirror. Only 1 small mirror in bathroom. A couple of extra pillows would do great.

Very spacious and clean room with comfortable bed. Fantastic breakfast. Great location. Helpful and always cheerful male receptionists.

I recommend this place for anybody who visits old town Prague. No vehicle access to the hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

There may be a little noise from the busy street but with windows closed and air-conditioning on this is no problem.

Perfect location in the old town, spacious room, good breakfast buffet, extremely helpful staff. The in-house Fat Cat Pub is a must to attend with their friendly staff, American style food and beer.

Awesome hotel, comfy, walking to all the great sights, tons of eateries. Loved it!
    • Family Room

Unfortunately we had a new employee at the desk when we checked out. The taxi was waiting and it took him over 15 minutes to charge my card. Not sure why he was having such a problem was frustrating.

Rented family room. It was perfect. Two separate bedrooms and one bathroom. Air conditioned. Breakfast was great downstairs at the Fat Cat Hotel Restaurant. Also had dinner and cold beers here during the World Cup. Lively bar area and cool atmosphere.

Comfort and quiet in the centre of Prague
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We stayed on the fifth floor and were in the only room on that floor so it was extremely quiet and peaceful. The air conditioning was brilliant and very much needed after a day of walking around the city. Location was in the middle of the city centre and there were shops opposite the hotel for when we needed drinks or snacks. The perfect accommodation for a couple.

A perfect place to stay in old town area.

Location is perfect. My room was spacious with very high ceilings. It is the biggest room I have ever stayed at a hotel. I loved everything (furniture, air conditioning, bathroom, etc.) about the room. The breakfast was quite satisfactory. I really enjoyed my stay at Palac U Kocku. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Location was excellent!
    • Family Room

Location was excellent! Walking distance everywhere. Breakfast was simple but plentiful and they catered to my non-dairy needs - thank you! Beds were surprisingly comfortable. I slept so well during my 5 day stay. Excellent and highly recommended

Enjoyed it very much!
    • Economy Single Room

I had requested a ground floor room and they put me on the third floor and there is no lift! There is a very dangerous bottom step that they do have marked with yellow hazard tape but I was coming in at night and the stairs were in complete darkness and I didn’t see the step and took a bad fall. Lighting is tricky in the hallways as they have automatic sensors that don’t always come on when you need them. My only other complaint was that they had a bath tub with a hand shower with no place to hang the shower head so the only option was a bath. But those were small things and overall I was very happy there .

I spent a lot of time researching hotels before deciding on Palac U Kocku. I selected it primarily for the location and it was perfect for me! The hotel is dead center in the middle of Old Town. Walk out the door to shops and restaurants. Turn the corner and you are at the Astronomical Clock and Old Town Square which is gorgeous and something is always going on. A short walk to the Charles Bridge and many other sights. I am an older woman and was traveling on my own and the many sidewalk cafes were perfect for dining alone. The staff was very pleasant and helpful to me, especially Osty. The room was not fancy but bed very comfortable and bathroom very clean

Very good
    • Double or Twin Room

1) On arrival found out that that the room was extremely small, much smaller than the photos had pictured. Asked to change the room and got a much bigger one next day, so it turned out okay finally. But keep in mind that all rooms in the hotel are absolutely different. 2) Very very noisy. The noise comes from the street, because the hotel is situated right in the heart of Prague with crowds of people 24H a day. Hard to sleep.

A very spacious comfortable room, beautifully designed in an old-fashioned style. A good restaurant, plenty of shops, restaurants, museums & sightseeing around. An awesome Apple museum is right near. Sex machines museum is also very close:)

Location, cleaning and comfort conditions was very good.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Location, cleaning and comfort conditions was very good. Room was spacious and large. Personal are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is enought. Everthing was great, thank u for all.

An enjoyable stay
    • Double or Twin Room

A good central location for exploring, good front desk service- housekeeping left our door unlocked once, good breakfast, very large room, beds a bit stiff, quiet room. We enjoyed our stay

Location was amazing.
    • Economy Single Room

Location was amazing. Walking distance from points of interest. Nice breakfast. Helpful staff. The pub was cool. A bit noisy in the night but that’s a perk of the location.

Excellent location! Hard bed.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Bed. Hardest bed out of about 20 places in Europe this trip. Also carpet had an odd bleach mark I first thought was dirty but it's apparently a bleached streak.

Great location! That couldn't be beat. Nicely situated above a nice bar and restaurant. Breakfast was ok, with good coffee. Staff was great.

Loved this Cat house.

Shower was tiny.

Magical position in old Prague. Walking distance to all places of interest. Discounts at the bars and restaurants in the building were great too.

We enjoyed staying there with two kids.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

There was no WiFi in single room. Breakfast was the same all days we stayed at the hotel. At night it was little bit noisy, but actually it was not much problem. There was no elevator in one part of the hotel.

Location is perfect, staff is helpful. I loved the room with nice colors and furniture, WiFi was good in family room. Breakfast was delicious. There was a chair for baby in the cafe we had a breakfast.

Dream location

As expected pretty noisy at night on weekends

Great location in centre of Old Town. Beautiful facilities with a great restaurant/ pub at the bottom. We booked the King room which blew our mind size wise. Easily the largest hotel room you’ll ever see. Great breakfast

Absolutely perfect stay in heart of old town Prague
    • Standard Apartment

Could have darker curtains on windows to block the light better in the morning.

We loved that our family of 5 ( kids 14, 13 and 11) could all stay together in one large apartment right on top of old town. Perfect.

Was sorry to leave your beautiful city
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The elevator was so slow in coming that most times we just walked down the stairs

Your staff was wonderful, smiley, extra helpful and is the big plus for your hotel Plus the loaction was superb. The breakfast was an excellent way to start the day.

Ok location
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Only 1 mirror (in bathroom), only 1 chair, no aircond. or ventilation in bathroom, only 3 hangers for clothes, tv channels local, breakfast: not marked dairy free/ gluteinfree products, too much perfumed toilets, no lift to room

Location ok, breakfast: vegetables and fruits properly stored, coffee/tea making facility in room

The rooms are clean and the staff is absolutely friendly and...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The rooms are clean and the staff is absolutely friendly and helpful. Great idea with the parking service - another Hotel (1st republic), but the transfer-costs are fixed with €10 / direction. Recommendation from my side

Very disappointing
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Very disappointing hotel, especially for that price. I got a room on 7th floor; an attic-like room. Because of that attic roof, you couldn't really stand straight in the shower, not even mentioning washing your hair. The hairdryer was barely working, and the toilet was behind the door, positioned in a way, you couldn't sit straight on it. The breakfast was very poor as well.

The location is great.

Right in the middle of everything
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel does not have a lobby , the area you pass through for elevators is used by a very popular cafe-bar and can get noisey for early dinner hours, The extra towels, bottles etc used by the restaurant are always stocked somewhere seen by everybody no care spent to make place look tidier . The overall furnishing could have been better. Our room was small , to my understanding there are many bigger rooms, but I have asked for a quite room so you cant have both I guess. Our shower cabin was too tiny and had no place to put toileteries. The overall cleaniness was not satisfactory,especilly in the common aeras like the stairs, and in our room windows space between two window panels were dirty and dusty more care should be spent to this details . Sometimes the wait for the elevator seems a bit long

Perfect location for those who wants to be right in the middle of everything, good breakfast , front desk fullfilled all our requests with a smiling face, very nice restaurant had one of the best rib and had a super house beer, The water pressure at the showers is very good Overall I had a very plesant stay I would recommend everybody who are not looking for a lobby to sit in and does not care for the size of the room (not every room is small as ours)

This review is on behalf of my daughter who's flight was...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

This review is on behalf of my daughter who's flight was canceled. We helped her book this room because it was right in the heart of Old Town and close to transit back to the airport for an early morning flight. She was pretty frazzled when she arrived but was so glad to be greeted by someone who offered to help her figure out the transit and even packed her a breakfast to go as she had to leave in the wee hours. She says that the staff went out of their way to be hospitable and she was deeply appreciative after a difficult day.

Great - will be back!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The sofa in the room was made up into a bed we didn’t need. Would have been nice to have it as a sofa for somewhere comfortable to sit.

Lovely room with comfy bed & everything you need for an enjoyable stay

Very enjoyable weekend, lots to see and do.

The walk up the three flights to the room, we were told there was no lift in the hotel. This was not true there is a lift but not in the area of our rooms. Could not change the rooms hotel full up.

We chose the hotel at it was very central and easy to walk to the Charles Bridge and the Old Town Market. Churches, Museums all tourist attractions were nearby.

Very clean, great location, helpful staff(only when asked)
    • Economy Single Room

When i first arrived, noone helped me with my luggage. I had to lug it up till the 6th storey up the stairs. I thought there was no elevator because before I checked in, I received an answer via Booking.com that all single rooms have no elevators. But later i found out there was!! I also saw another lady who arrived and noone helped her with any luggage, she had to ask them to help.

Very clean, great location, helpful staff(only when asked)

Excellent value for the money.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

There was actually nothing that caused frustration. A minor issue was a noisy floor in the room but to me that was acceptable considering the age of the building and the rating of the hotel.

I liked location, friendliness and responsiveness of the staff, size of the room, cleanliness, breakfast quality, value for the money.

Location very good, short walking distance to main downtown...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Our section of the hotel did not have an elevator (we were not aware of this). This did not bother us, but it could cost difficulty for some guests.

Location very good, short walking distance to main downtown attractions. Staff friendly. Morning breakfast buffet very good. Early evening somehow noisy, but after 11 pm it got quiet. Room was bigger than expected and beds were comfortable.

Second visit at a nice hotel with fine service

At one point you pay the prize for living right in the center of everything: There is a lot of noise from - most likely drunk - people in the streets right outside all evening and night as well in the tourist season. But this is not to blame the hotel - it is your own choise whether you priority living close to everything or prefer silence.

Hotel with nice interior, nice atmosphere and kind staff and situated right in the center of the old town. The "Fat Cat" café at the hotel offers a fine selection of 8 home made Czech beers; a nice facility at warm, summer days if you like quality beer.

Excellent!
    • Family Room

There's no mirror in the room, only small and dimly lit one in the bathroom.

Excellent location. Very clean. Young and attentive staff. Modern bathroom. Very spacious room. Excellent breakfast. Will definitely stay here next time.

great location, friendly staff and good burgers downstairs
    • Economy Single Room

NOISY people in corridor at 1am !

good value for the price paid. I booked late and got a single room in the roof area. Bathroom was good and very large - single bed was ok as well. An annoying thing was no desk light. I was trying to work in the evening and the central room light wasnt bright enough to light up my keyboard due to shadow. A small desk light would have been good in room 29 !

Very good location, next to Staromestske Namesti, 5 min.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Very good location, next to Staromestske Namesti, 5 min. by walk to the Charles Bridge. Good breakfast. 15 minutes walk to the nearest comfortable underground car park (under Rudolfinum).

Three star rating with a five star feel

Nothing comes to mind!

The hotel was in a restored Baroque "palace": the room was palatial, with double glazed windows to isolate you from the noise in the lanes below. Located in the heart of old Prague, surrounded by other boutique hotels and eateries, constant foot traffic, but few cars (cobbled stoned roads were too narrow), it was the perfect location for us. There was a more than adequate buffet breakfast in the restaurant that later in the day/night became a popular beer and burger joint - The Fat Cat.

exceeded our expectations. will surely recommend to all our friends.
    • Double or Twin Room

very week water pressure in the shower

excellent location just by the old city square. very good and varied breakfast. clean and quiet. very nice building. helpfull staff.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Great location. Fat Cat restaurant at the hotel did good food. Breakfast was plentiful. Massive double room. Friendly staff and 60 second walk to Old Town Square. Would definitely book again.

Excellent location. Excellent staff. It's clean, comfortable and safe.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Our room faced the front of the building and was a little noisy at night.

Excellent location. The included breakfast was much more than I expected. The staff was very professional, courteous and helpful. The room was clean, and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

This hotel definetely more than 3 star.
    • Family Room

This hotel definetely more than 3 star. Staff.Room.Location.Breakfast .WI-FI. Early check in. Tnx a lot for everybody! Will back in summer to your hotel!

Very good hotel.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

It 's situated in the middle of the town with a lot of tourists. During the night, there was a lot of noise and sleeping was difficult.

Very good hotel. Situated in the middle of the town.

Great location!

Requested twin rooms (this was a working trip) when we booked 3 months earlier, but got no information that this was a problem until we arrived. Not great service.

Great location!

Overall nice
    • Double or Twin Room

The room did not have good air conditioning, we had to open the window for some air.

Nice beds and breakfest, loved the location, nice staff and loved the fact that they had their own restaurant and bar.

Best place for a stay in Prague
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We thought the bed was stiff, but it could be our taste. I do not rate it in my preview because the hotel was fantastic (pure 10), but i just note it in case other customers think so too, maybe you could do something about it

The location is unbelievable. You are exactly at the center of everything by the time you walk out the door.

Excellent location, very good breakfast.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No elevator! That really spoiled the impression. 3rd floor, 2 heavy suitcases (luckily the receptionist helped us). Bathroom is quite big, but there are no curtains - ocean of water on the floor each time. Wifi wasn’t the best

Excellent location, very good breakfast. Bed is ok, size of the room. Heating (air conditioner is also available).

Exceeded expectations, thank you.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Maybe menus for the restaurant in the room but that is just me being picky

To hear people give this a negative rating is silly, it's modern inside and very clean and quiet at night, the staff were very pleasant even in the restaurant and the reception were more than helpful Thank you!

perfect location, value for money, free wifi and breakfast
    • Family Room

I loved staying at this hotel due to it's perfect location, huge room (#18), friendly staff and good breakfast. ONLY minus was the room temperature- it was bitter cold in Prague during our stay and the old heating system couldn't heat the room, I was cold even with 2 blankets during the night. The staff gave us a small heater but the room was so big it didn't help. Other than that- perfect stay and highly recommended!

Lovely
    • Family Room

We booked a room for four people, and it was nice, clean and spacious! Even though it was facing the street, it was very quiet! We had a good time here!

Clean and quiet in a central location
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The internet was quite spotty in my room, and the speed was very slow when I was able to connect.

The hotel room was clean and quiet. There was a water kettle and a cute bathroom

Second time in Prague-second time in this hotel and if i...
    • Family Room

Second time in Prague-second time in this hotel and if i ever go back again i will stay there!its one of my favorite hotels to stay among the 50cities i have been!u will love it!i highly recommend it!

Great hotel beautiful city.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room seemed small even though we had a deluxe. But you spend little time in it anyway as you are out exploring.

The location is absolutely perfect. The rooms were spotlessly clean and breakfast was nice. Try the dinner in the fat cat restaurant you won’t be disappointed.

Authentic and generous
    • Economy Single Room

Good location. Very clean. Confortable. Extremely nice staff, very helpful. Delicious breakfast. Easy access to the main historical areas and to public transportation. Client's satisfaction is their priority

Met all of our expectations. Highly recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Breakfast was wonderful, much to choose from both hot and cold. We looked forward to it every morning. The room was big and spacious. The location was excellent, we were there for four nights and would definitely go back. The staff were very nice and helpful. We left very early in the morning and the staff had packed us a very nice breakfast to go. Nice touch!

Great place to use as a base to explore Prague.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I did tick double bed but my room had 2 singles. Not really an issue as it was still very comfortable.

Centrally located in Prague and only about 5 minutes walk to the nearest underground. Getting too and from the airport was a piece of cake - 32Kr (About £1.20) each way. Take bus 119 from airport to Nasdrazi Veleslavin, change to underground line A and get off at Staromestska. Reverse on the way back. Staff very friendly and can speak english very well. Some good advice on places to eat and drink etc.

Great value due to great location and great breakfast.
    • Family Room

Staff was not friendly. No fridge. A little noisy due to partying outside. But it is a plus is you in Prague to party.

The location can not be beat. Spacious. Breakfast was great. Pretty good value overall.

We left three days early and went Airbnb.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was uncomfortable, room cramped and unlike web photographs. Manager accused my new wife of lying when she left an unfavourable but accurate review on Tripadvisor. We did get a refund when we checked out early, but as we were on our honeymoon, it still left a bad taste.

Nice and friendly staff .
    • Double or Twin Room

As located in the centre, a little bit noisy but acceptable . takes time to wait for the only lift .

Nice and friendly staff . Room is big enough and quite clean . Just located in the centre, most of the attractions are within walking distance.

Great central location.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Extremely noisy at night, until early morning. This was the new year celebrations so likely to be the worst time of the year for noise. Room was too hot at night and staff said they have no way to lower the temperature in a room as it's a central system without local adjustment possible. I asked to switch on the A/C units (x2 in the room) but was told it was not allowed by management's decision and was told to open the windows. With the noise outside, this was defo not an option.

Such a central location in the heart of the old town. Ground floor in not part of the hotel but you can walk through as you wish. It's a trendy pub / brewery called "the fat cat". They serve good beer and great food and you get 10% discount if you stay at the hotel, just tell the waitress when she does you bill!

Great restaurant on site!
    • Double or Twin Room

Street facing rooms are very loud even on the 6th floor- noise from people out partying lasted until about 5am every night we were there

Great restaurant on site! Breakfast was very good every day and the location is PHENOMENAL! It is less than 10 minutes to walk to the Astronomical Clock.

Browse Palac U Kocku traveller photo gallery