Reviews of U Medvidku-Brewery Hotel 3 stars

Na Perstyne 7, Prague, 11000, Czech Republic

#171 of 612 hotels in Prague

Overall I am quite contended to my stay as the location is one of my main concern.

The pillow and the mattress is too soft. Secondly the ventilator is too noisy. So I do not switch on the toilet light so that there is no noise. The cakes on the breakfast buffets is rather dry, would be nice if they improve the cakes texture.

The location is very convenient to the old town and to the river. The staffs are friendly and helpful.

excellent value for money for a short break

no comment

excellent location. The Breakfast was 1st class. the staff were extremely helpful and informative. I would recommend it to my friends for a city break.

Good location and good hospitality

Hotel is located at ideal location, which is close to the downtown center by walking distance and close to the metro station as well. Hotel staff are also very kind and provide good hospitality.

I got a lunch box as I had no time for breakfast.

My room on the top floor was rather old, but really spacious.

I got a lunch box as I had no time for breakfast. That was delicious too. I even got some juice and a cup of coffee before my departure without breakfast. They are always very helpful.

The hotel is located in city center and it is approachable...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located in city center and it is approachable by car and public transportation. It is excellent for tourists interested in sightseeing. Airport shuttle service is fine. Exchange office nearby has good rates. The staff is very kind and the room is clean. The breakfast was exceptional, it deserves more than 3 stars. WiFi is good. There is restaurant in the hotel, also very good. All recommendations!

Was ok
    • Double or Twin Room

Exceptionally loud noise from beer hall downstairs one midweek night which only stopped at 2 am. Would not stay at the same room we got as it was opposite the internal fire exit to the beer hall and was being opened. Also quite hot. Room decor looked a bit tired

Great location, close to all the attractions. Staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet had lots of choices. Renovated clean bathroom - nice touch with beer toiletries

Room under the roof, really warm, noisy air conditioner. Bath tub instead of shower.

Great location. Generous breakfast, good food/beers from the restaurant.

good breakfest
    • Double or Twin Room

no air conditioning noise from the street

good breakfest welcome drink (beer) very helpful receptionist who gave us Prague map and marked most important places close to the tram/bus/metro stations

Centrally located, but hot and noisy at night.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel does not offer air-conditioning, and the rooms on the second floor are hot in warm months. A single small fan did not provide sufficient cool air through the window. Also, because one must leave the window open at night, the noise from the street is overpowering, and during our stay drunken groups screamed well past three in the morning.

The hotel is centrally located, and attached to an excellent restaurant.

Good small hotel near Old Town and transport hub

It was a surprise that I had to take shower seated because of very low ceiling above shower (of course I had very special room under roof but I could not see this "feature"). And at the breakfast THREE mornings of my 4-days stay the coffee machine didn't work

The location is good at the edge of Old Town. You can easily get on foot to Old Town Square and to Wenceslas Square. Also near hotel you have Subway station and tram stop. The room was small but I knew that before. Furniture was new (really it had smell of new furniture). Conditioner and windows were OK. Wi-Fi was stable. Breakfast was not bad

Adams May 18
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was very hot with no air conditioning. No fridge in the room.

Great location. Helpful friendly staff. Lovely breakfast and a fantastic restaurant attached to the hotel. Nice local beer from the attached brewery.

Great staff, good food.

No fan in single room to circulate the air during hot, humid weather.

Restaurant had good food and drinks. Easy to grab a bite without walking anywhere else. Try the Beerburger!

A bit expensive expensive for what you get

The bath shower had no holder, the key is regular and has to be left at the reception when not in room, no safe box, no air conditioning, the carpets in the room are not very neat...

Very good location!

Central location and helpful staff

Uncomfortable bed. Barely accessible bath and shower. Very weak housekeeping. Cheapest and roughest toliet paper I have ever had in a hotel. Stingy supplies of pillow, towels, soap, and shampoo. Incomplete room cleaning. At €100/night I expect much better from a 3-star hotel on Booking.com

Great location. Friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful reception staff. Fabulous breakfast.

Location, location, location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Street noise was present (you’re above a restaurant and bet), so light sleepers may not enjoy. The pictures were accurate, but the room was a little more spartan than I was expecting.

Location, location, location. Plus the breakfast was excellent.

Our room was looking to the street and was noisier than we expected. Still we had great time.

Great location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Big room and bathroom. Excellent wi-fi.

Location, Value and Great breakfast!
    • Double or Twin Room

Towels were replaced too frequently. We read the save the planet info and we want to help.

This was one of The best hotel breakfasts ever! They were equipped for a granola/ fruit breakfast, as well as eggs, sausage, toast, croissants, cheesecake, carrot cake, cheeses, salad, salami, coffee, tea, juices, espresso, fresh made crepes, fresh lemon water. I must be forgetting something. It was great! The room was very clean, comfortable, WiFi was fast. The tv had no English, but not really a problem, because, It Is Prague!! The staff was helpful in booking a taxi and they offered to book tours. The welcome beer was very much appreciated after a rough journey.

Generally, I recommend :)
    • Double or Twin Room

1. lack of the car park - hotel should lease from the city a few parking spaces for hotel guests 2. sutffy room - air conditioning in the rooms will be great

Great location, very tasty breakfast and friendly service. The hotel restaurant serves delicious lunches and dinners. The big disadvantage of the facility is the lack of a car park (there is a payable city car park of 1.6 EUR / 1hr in front of the building). Otherwise, I ordered a room with two separate beds (a business trip with a work colleague) and we got a queen bed, fortunately made up of 2 so we managed to separate them. The room is very stuffy but it's not a fault for architecture.

Nice welcome beer.

Carpet was stained. Flimsy door lock, did not feel safe. Mold in shower. No shower head (sit down/hose). Uncomfortable bed and pillows. 3 twins in room, not sure why I was given that. Would be good for young people looking for a hostel feel/price. No heat, no AC.

Nice welcome beer. Decent breakfast. Good location. Friendly staff. Good price for this city I think.

• Double or Twin Room

In a great spot! Attached to the brewery so if you’re a beer lover your heading to the right place. :D Bed was comfortable, bathroom spotless although old. Breakfast was quite good.

It was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location for restaurants, excellent buffet breakfast included, nice room, clean bathroom, reasonably priced, close to all major tourist attractions, a real find.

Good hotel but only for a short stay. I'm sad to say this but disappointing at first glance.
    • Double or Twin Room

We didn't have a view at all, we stayed on the 1st floor and our view from the room was a small non accessible garden (i think) and some window from which i could see people at a desk, so we had to keep our curtains closed all time :( The room was quite small and basic, with a old look to it. Comfortable bed, though a bit hard for our taste, and we didn't had a double bed but two single beds next to each other. No minibar. but i think it should have had one.

Very close to city center and 15 minutes approximate to Charles bridge. We received an welcoming drink ( a small beer). The breakfast was very tasty and varied for the days of our stay. The staff was very nice and welcoming, they packed our breakfast (on request) for the early departure.

This is a wonderful place.

This is a wonderful place. Highly recommended ! The most amazing breakfast we have ever had anywhere in our travels and it was included. The staff at the front desk were kind and extremely helpful with directions. Really great place.

The people at the check-in are really hospitable, even...

The room lacked tea and coffee-making facilities.

The people at the check-in are really hospitable, even allowing me to check-in early (I arrived at around 8:00 am) because no one was in my room before I arrived. That was very much appreciated. The room is also historical.

We enjoyed our stay tremendouslu!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Use earplugs while sleeping, the walls are anything but soundproof!

The room was big, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great! The welcome drink was a nice touch :).

Central location , clean, comfortable, fantastic heating,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel's own restaurant very traditiional / meaty - (not for vegetarians) but plenty of other eateries nearby

Central location , clean, comfortable, fantastic heating, excellent breakfast

The staff were friendly and approachable.

No complaints

The staff were friendly and approachable. The breakfast was perfect, plenty to choose from and generous. We had dinner here in the evening. The food was really good. The location near everything. The room was great, great size. Staying here really helped make our trip brilliant. We would be very happy to return here. The price was competitive and won us over when booking. Thank you for having us.

overall it was nice to stay and I will recommend to my friends.
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet and the bathroom was 2 seperate rooms, I am not used to it. I would like to was my hands and felt strange to go to other space to do that.

Wellcome drink was nice. And location is perfect.

Recommended for beer lovers!

Clean and lucky was to get very spacious room. Clean, good facilities and recently renewed hotel. Very good beer restaurant/bar downstairs. Recommended for beer lovers!

A great hotel with a beer theme and large rooms with a fantastic location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was a little noisy at night. I think this is because a restaurant was just under us but it didn’t disturb us too much.

Treated to their very own beer on arrival. We had turned up 3 hours before check in and they already had a room waiting for us. The room was huge and had a beer breweing theme to it which was fun. Location could not have been better as it is only a five minute walk from the Old Town Square. Breakfast was nothing special but just what we needed with pancakes, bread and a few hot items. The hotel also kept our bags for us after we checked out.

Good location and tasty beer.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit dated, and it wasn't as clean as I would like. I thought the lock to my room felt a bit loose, which was a bit unsettling. The walls were thin so I could hear people at all hours.

I liked the concept of the hotel. The free beer was yummy. Staff at reception was kind and super helpful. The location was great - I could walk to all of the sights.

Lots of Character, Great Location better than the usual plain and boring decor in more exp hotels
    • Double or Twin Room

The restaurant was unfortunately closed for the time I was staying which I would of liked to try.

Offered a beer on arrival and the character of the hotel was lovely.

Staffs speak good English. Good breakfast and a pint of draft beer as a welcome drink. Exellent!
    • Double or Twin Room

Actually the milk should be put next to the cereals

The room was comfortable, good breakfast. Friendly staff & helpful. Nice view from my window , walking distance to the tram stops and to the Charles Bridge. It was my 2nd time staying in this hotel.

Pleasant

Room representation

The room pictures that the hotel advertises on its website are the best rooms in the hotel (and there are only three of them). All the other rooms are like hostel rooms - very basic and bland. I was disappointed when I arrived because we were put in one of the lesser rooms, even though we paid a premium rate. The hotel graciously moved us when one of the nice rooms became available. Besides that, the location, staff, restaurant and brewery are great.

Super beer, big rooms, close to center
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Old furniture, a bit noisy in the evening as all tourists are passing by the hotel till late at night but it depends on which side the windows look to.

Good to live in the hotel that has brewery with one of the best beers in Prague! Rooms are big and nice, right in the center.

Great beer
    • Double or Twin Room

Room I and my friend stayed in was smaller than room one of our co travellers stayed in. But that's up to luck I guess.

Nice hotel with its own brewery

Great place to stay in Prague.

None.

Great localization (walking distance to the city attractions), good restaurant and brewery in the same building. Quiet and clean room, tasty breakfast.

RElaxed and really enjoyable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Try the Old Gott beer. The hotel is on the edge of he old town and it is easy to walk to all the main sites. Lots of trams stop just around the corner and there is a Metro station a short walk away. So it is an ideal location for exploring this great city.

I enjoyed staying the hotel and will go back again.
    • Small Twin Room

Everything was clean but they are just not updated. It is not a bad thing but mattress on the bed can be updated.

Staff was very friendly, yet they were polite! I strongly felt welcome feeling! :)

Nice choice for this price.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was poorly furnished, dimly lighted with flickering bulbs. TV shows mostly local channels. Breakfast is quite average.

Nice location - in a city center, close to metro. Room was clean, staff was very friendly. They have a nice restaurant on a ground floor, slightly overpriced but still packed during peak hours.

Quick Checkin with a free welcome beer!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

House Beer only available in the bar not the restaurant! :(

Quick Checkin with a free welcome beer! Large Room with a comfortable clean bed, Lots of closet space. Efficent Staff. Great Meals served at the hotel restaurant, try the Crispy Roast Duck!

Great experience of staying in a brewery turned hotel. Bonus points for the staff and location!
    • Double or Twin Room

The restaurant food (in the brewery) may not be value for money for some, since you get better and cheaper food elsewhere in Prague.

We visited Prague to visit the Christmas markets in Dec 17. Landed up on U-Medvidku since the hotel is the only one (or one of the few) to be converted from a brewery to a hotel. You can still see the remnants of the brewery in the architecture and the hotel layout/design. This does mean that it gets a bit noisy for some room at night due to the walkways and the fact that the brewery restaurant is always close-by or around you, but it is not much of a problem. The room was very comfortable and the toilets were clean. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Having a brewery down stairs is always good ;) and their beer is definitely worth it! The breakfast spread was nice and varied. All in all, a great stay!! Cheers!!!

Decent place but not one I would run back to.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room did not have the safe as promised and was much smaller than those shown in the pictures on the website. It felt quite spartan in comparison the larger rooms shown on the website as examples of my booking. Unfortunately, I did not feel that I got what I paid for.

This is an ok hotel in a nice location. The breakfast was quite good and the staff helpful and friendly. It was fun having the place attached to an older brewery.

Super location

WIFI need to be better

1- Lovely old hotel, i loved the wooden ceiling 2- The bed was comfy, we requested for extra pillows and they provided it in no time 3- The location of the hotel is Super , close to everything ( old city, restaurants , shopping and public transport) 4- Breakfast was good, though after 3 days was bored

The hotel is great, but don't take the room on the 3rd floor
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The shower in room is very bad

The bed is extra comfortable, the breakfast very good. Staff extremely friendly and willing to help. The location is awesome, everything is 5 mins walk including public transport

very comfortable and nice holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

Super location! Super breakfast! Super beers! Also very clean, comfortable room! The most important point: friendly and helpful workers. Thanks for everything!

Perfect
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This is a special hotel/restaurant/bar. The staff are wonderful, the food fabulous (we ate our way through the "Czech menu" section of their offerings at the attached restaurant and that food was so wonderful that we ate each dinner of our visit there. Our upstairs attic room was like no other room I have seen, either in a private home or hotel. It was such a pleasure to open the door and walk in. Great bed, enticing free breakfast every day and the location is perfect for walking to the main square, Jewish quarter, Mucha museum and Weseslas Square. Also the open air farmers/souvenirs market. We have stayed there twice and would stay in no other in Prague.

Great venue for the unfussy.

The room: Wi-fi half worked. Tap handle came off. Small room. Power sockets in awkward places. No facilities like kettle or fridge (I think). Probably a genuine attempt at oldie-worldie - perhaps too much so.

The staff were delightful and the address is second to none.

Good reception of old hotel

My room 315 was very far away from the lift that I have to pass thorough two doors. It was difficult to open the room door. Strange odour in the toilet and the bathroom.

I like the gift beer. Friendly receptionists and the restaurant waitrers. It is nice that metro ticket is available at the reception. Very cute room door key.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

My second stay at the hotel exceeded the first and this was because of the new facilities (lift).
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One small preference would be for wider single beds in our twin room.

Everything was fine. Breakfast was varied and substantial. Reception staff very helpful. Lots of hot water. Location brilliant. Portable heater in room.

Great stay & location between Old Town & Wenceslas Sq

I always prefer to have a kettle. No desk at which to work (but that won't bother tourists!) Shower was hand-held only in this bathroom. Disappointing WiFi signal in my room (which may bother those on business).

Super reception staff, very busy "local" restaurant, brewery and bar in a great building in a great location. I booked a single, was given a double :)

hotel is comfortable, old-fashioned and very central.

hotel is comfortable, old-fashioned and very central. I also found the entire personal very professional and nice. Moreover, the enclosed restaurant is well-known in the city. Really to recommend!

Great hotel....need new breakfast staff
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast staff were very rude and unhelpful

The location was excellent.The rooms were warm, clean and spotless. The staff in reception we're helpful

Central, warm, comfy. perfect and made our weekend break very relaxing indeed.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was a little too firm for our liking but a minor issue.

Everything was excellent and made our trip worry and hassle-free. Staff were very helpful, room very spacious and clean. Very central to everything. Couldn't have been better, to be honest.

Great base for a city break in a building that was historic and charming
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn’t get my complimentary beer on arrival. I was offered it then told there was none available (in a brewery?). Said I could have it another time but was never offered again 😩

Plenty of character really interesting historical building that was a hotel, restaurant, bar and brewery! Excellent central location as well. Loved it as it was so unique

very nice breakfast and helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

very nice breakfast and helpful staff. you can walk to every interesting place of the city like i did from the hotel. there is a supermaket and a mall very close to get anything you need

Lovely getaway
    • Double or Twin Room

The only thing that I really didn't like is that there was a bathtub with a shower arm that couldn't be hanged anywhere (no shower head) so you get cold easily since the room is spacious.

It is very easy to reach with public transportation. They provided the promised beer during the check in and it tasted good! Room was bigger than expected and very warm even though it was a bit cold outside. Very close to the old city center and to the metro station. Breakfast was very good, there is someone preparing crepes everyday, you have to try them! Juices are not natural, as in the majority of the places I've been. Variety of yogurt, cheeses, ham, eggs, fruits. People were nice and polite even if some of them didn't speak English. I would definitely stay here again!

I love unusual places, and this is one of those.

I love unusual places, and this is one of those. Built on a brewery dated back to 1644! That gave our loft rooms extra flavor of well-aged wood. Special and neat, great location, highly recommended!

Right in the centre, within walking distance of lots of bars and restaurants and beautiful sights.
    • Double or Twin Room

We only had a couple of drinks in the hotel while we stayed and this is only a minor gripe but the glasses i was served my drink in always seemed to have a chip in, i drank from the other side of the glass as this wasnt a major problem but some people would make quite an issue out of this if they were to cut thier mouths.

Usually me and my partner struggle to sleep in a bed other than our own but this wasnt the case here, after long days of exploring and sightseeing we actually managed to get good nights sleeps here as the beds were actually really quite comfy. 😊

Charming old building, extraordinarily friendly staff, beer in your hand on checkin. Great!
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a little dated and could use some new carpet, bathroom finishings are older. But this was part of the charm, not so much a big drawback.

This is a charming hotel in an old building. Loved that they served us a complimentary beer after checkin in the 45 minutes or so it took to ready the room when we were early.

Very interesting place, no problems, good all round
    • Double or Twin Room

The food was very good, accommodation comfortable, lacking tea making facility in room but good value for money staff friendly, situation good, would recommend

Fantastic
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This place was great, my friend is a keen beer enthusiast so it was perfect for him. Location was great for exploring the city. We had dinner in the restaurant and tried their beer, beer sauce and even the beer ice cream! I will definitely book here again when I return and absolutely recommend it!

As it was a special birthday trip the hotel gave a...
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing negative about our stay

As it was a special birthday trip the hotel gave a complimentary bottle of bubbly. Location good, room was comfortable, breakfast was very good. Staff were friendly and helpful

A good Hotel...but ask for a renovated room!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The suite needed upgrading...carpet was worn and a bit stained. Bed was large and comfortable but the bedding was dated, sheets and duvet were an upleasant yellowish color. The restaurant in the evening was very busy and seemed quite popular. .. however my meal was not very good which obviously was just due to my bad luck!!

Location of the hotel was excellent...close walking distance to the Charles Bridge and other sights, with shopping and restaurants in the area as well. Breakfast included with the stay was plentiful and delicious. Restaurant attached was very busy and would suggest reservations. Our room was very spacious, with the bathroom only having been updated. Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful and offered free beer on arrival.

Good breakfast and location.

The ceiling in the room was very low. Outdated shower. I paid 70 euros for a single person for one night booking. When I wanted to extend my booking the same room was 150 euros a night! I think even 70 euros was a bit too much for the middle ogf October.

Good breakfast and location.

Awesome, love Prague!

My trip was too short 😞

The rooms were big and lovely and warm. In had the beer sauce with dinner and it was delicious, we tried the beer ice cream too ..... interesting! Will definitely recommend and stay again next time! Staff were friendly too

I had a great time in Prague

The place is in a good position close to all the sites. There is a bar and restaurant downstairs serving traditional food and there is a supermarket around the corner. The staff were friendly and helpful. The place is very old which adds to its charm.

Beautiful room, great breakfast, and a welcome beer.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Beautiful room, great breakfast, and a welcome beer. 24 hour helpful reception. They willingly set up transport to the airport and packed us a breakfast to go.

Love the breakfast.

My single room is on top floor with roof top window, it was heavy rain at night during my two nights stay, did not sleep well because of the rain.

Love the breakfast... freshly made pancake, omelette, selection hot and cold cured meat.. all very yummy!

Great location, lovely staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location, 10 minutes walk to Old Town Square. Brewery, bar and restaurant on site. Lovely staff. Would recommend hotel this to anyone, we had a fantastic few days here.

Excellent, courteous staff and a very comfortable room.

Nothing. Just keep up the good work!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, a good size, and cleaned well. Location was excellent. Breakfast was all I could want.

Love the Welcome drinks ( or Beer) as soon as you check-in to hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

historic and Huge Restaurant served excellent beers & food. We ended up eating there several times and there's always a queue to be seated. So go before prime time.

Would recommend and probably use again.

No refrigerator. However the staff are willing to share the one in the lobby.

Everything. Starting from complimentary drink, remarkable professionalism and willingness to help to the 3am packaged breakfast they prepared to my liking ( eggs and no ham). The location is great close to everything: coffee..bars..food..gym..Tesco....etc.

A cosy brewery hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

There is a construction site next door so bring your earplugs if you want to sleep later than 8am.

Great location, really good breakfast and a spacious room. The micro brewery offers awesome house beers and is definitely worth a visit!

we've been waiting a bit more from the hotel in the center of tourist area
    • Double or Twin Room

We've booked double room but it was a big family room, the furniture was a bit out of date, the water in the shower spontaneously changed from hot to cold, breafast was served from 8 in the morning and it was a bit late (but we got a lunchpack).

Location is very good