Reviews of Hotel Venezia 3 stars

#601 of 647 hotels in Prague

6.1

5.7

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

You get what you pay for. Great for us
    • Economy Double Room

Curtains broken and didn’t close, very noisy at night so fine if you’re there for partying but not recommended for families

Friendly staff, towels were replaced daily, amazing price for location it’s only a 15 min walk to the centre

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Its a simple nice hotel we enjoyed our stay there
    • Economy Double Room

The shower is not the best... draining problem in both rooms of us probably because of the old facilities.. i hope they will fix it

We had a personal problem and the Hotel owner was very nice, polite and corporative. and we enjoyed the rooms

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The room was everything I expected and more although we...
    • Economy Double Room

The room was everything I expected and more although we didn’t have hot water for two days. We told the staff from the reception but still they didn’t do anything about it for two days

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

It was a very affordable offer for such a central...
    • Economy Double Room

While the check-in we had to wait for nearly 1 hour: The night reception seem to had a problem with our key but the only two words he said were "Two minutes" for the whole time. On the second day they moved ALL our belongings into another room without informing us (phone number was given and we were always reachable and close by). We have to admit they did it very thorougly but I did not feel very good. The new room was very nice!

It was a very affordable offer for such a central destination! The second room (see above for further information) was pretty nice!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

None of item , I am happy for it.
    • Economy Double Room

None of item , I am happy for it. This hotel is cheating. They didn’t pay me deposit back, which is 2000 CKZ. I hope no one will come to this hotel again, this is totally cheating. Why this kind of hotel will still running? Poor quality washing room. Unclean surrounding Disgusting manger

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Very kind staff.
    • Economy Double Room

Sometimes it's hot inside the room. Noisy vehicles right outside your window.

Very kind staff. Nice clean room. Good value. They allowed us to leave our luggage even after checking out.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

I booked this hotel 2 months for 2 nights stay before my...

I booked this hotel 2 months for 2 nights stay before my stay, during reservation in special request I request my checkin between 9pm to 10pm. On actual day I checkin hotel Venezia at 11 pm, the receptioned informed my reservation is cancelled no room is available. After 10 mins he suggested a courtesy room available and showed me the room. No A/c, no attached toilet & bathroom. The toilet is in first floor walking at least 15 foot away from room in a corner, The bed is broken and offered a goodwill as breakfast free. I was not happy and no rooms not available in neighbouring hotels. I need to take it at 0030. This hotel is using this tactise on regular basis to other customers also which is very clear in previous review. I felt bad, disappointed, angry, frustration what can will I able to do in that time with my daughter in new place. In this situation I need to take this room, The room is first floor room 108 next to very noisy road, broken furniture, no attached toilet. What a disastrous hotel and very upsetting night I don't have shower not slept at all. The hotel location is ok but other than that the hotel cleanliness, staff,furniture in room all bad should not be in 3 star rating and booking.com should take necessary action not to upset of it is customer like me the regular booker of it site. I complaint straight away to booking.com and they aware this problem. I will suggest please dont be a victim of this shambolic hotel. Be vigilant and don't happen to anyone else if it happened please report and take necessary action.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Nicely located dump
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If you’re just looking for a room to crash in after a night out — this is a considerable option. Otherwise try to find other venues elsewhere: our room had ants crawling on the floor, paint falling off walls, squeaky floor and a dirty bathroom. I would not recommend this place for anyone other than party animals who care little about comfort and cleanliness. Oh, and the photos are VERY misleading, do NOT expect rooms to look as nice in real life.

Location Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Totally not worth its price.
    • Economy Double Room

There was no warm water in our room. I had to go 2 floors downstairs to have a shower. We were told during cheking in that the warm water will be the next day. The next day the water was still cold. When I asked about it I again heard 'tomorrow'. As a recompensation we had breakfast for free. Breakfast was terrible. The cheapest things, just a few to choose from. Some products for example corn flakes had gluten (there should not be gluten), no information about allergens. The lady who was serving breakfast didn't know about our free breakfast.

Comfortable bed. View from the window. Perfect localization, near to metro and trams.

Dirty bathroom.
    • Economy Double Room

Dirty bathroom. Water everywhere on the ground. Mushrooms in the shower and no window in the room. Cleaning service didn’t come after 2 days and owner couldn’t provide us another room with working bathroom. We left « hotel » after 2 days on 5 pre paid and they refused to give money back. A place to forget.

Good and in prime location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the room shown in the pictures is no way close to what we got. But on a whole room was good but i was expecting more from the pictures

Staff was good and helpfull. they guided us when needed

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

THE definition of a tourist trap in every way
    • Economy Double Room

IN SHORT: - Don't take room No. 4 it's full of mold, which is actually dangerous for your life. - They can't change rooms even in extreme conditions. - The street of the hotel is very noisy full with drunk tourists in the night. - The hotel's shuttle is 15 EUR to even 1km. (I wouldn't even want to know how much to the airport...) - The morning receptionist was a bit arrogant ("This is how it works in Prague...") - The shuttle driver speaks no english, doesn't take credit card just EUR and CZK, and just EXACT amount. Where to start... First, we've been here before for 4 nights in another hotel for same price same placing and we had an amazing experience so I'm sure it's not us. We spent 1 night here in room No. 4. and we just had a terrible stay. We arrived quite late so we were happy to just jump in our room, but it had a terrible smell, so we opened all the windows, maybe it'll fade... It did not. It turned out, that the bathtub in the bathroom was leaking into the room and the full carpet in the room was full of mold (???), that caused the smell. My girlfriend is a biologist, so we just decided there is no way we stay in that room for the night, as it's even DANGEROUS to breath in. When we went to ask for another room, the night receptionist was already there, who said he has no authorisation to change our rooms. (He was very friendly though.) So we had to spend a night in that moldy room with full open windows to at least not smell the mold, and as the hotel is on a busy tourist street it was superloud outside... So we barely slept. We left a notice in the morning to the receptionist, I hope they changed the carpet since. Otherwise I wouldn't allow anyone to get into that room. In the end at the checkout we asked the receptionist for calling us a taxi/shuttle for the bus station (as we were backpackers).

On the internet it seemed like a very nice place for an affordable price. It has indeed good location and the staff in the night is superfriendly. Unfortunately that's all the good things I can tell.

will not stay there again.
    • Economy Double Room

poor housekeeping. found used condoms in corridor. management gave doubtful advice on motorcycle parking which appeared to be aimed at sharing in the exorbitant fee charged at the parking facilities they referred us too at another hotel.

television promised was broken and never repaired notwithstanding persistent querying. It eventually elicited a reluctant offer of free breakfast of which the time available did not fit in with our travel schedule. Really poor management.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Dissappointment
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

No seperate locker for your personal belongings, only single room key for a 6 bed room, reception guy says "he thinks there would not be any problem about safety of personal belongings" quite interesting approach in my opinion...

Cheap hotel in a good location.

I didn’t notice the bathroom is not in the room until I checked in. Maybe there is private bathroom in others room. The shared bathroom is very small. No A/C in the room so we need to open the windows to have fresh air, but this also brought the traffic noise in.

Location is good! Friendly staff.

There was not much to like here, but with some investment...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was hot, 28 degrees at night with a noisy portable air conditioner, and it provided the worst breakfast I've ever had. As for the condition of the place, it wasn't great but perhaps with some investment it could be something special, the fundamentals are there .

There was not much to like here, but with some investment this could be a good hotel.

Basic hotel, good location
    • Economy Double Room

Everything was in the room but it was very basic. The matress had springs in it. That was very uncomfortable. We also had the room in the attic. There was no airconditioning or a fan so it was very hot. We had to open the windows but there was nothing to keep the mosquitos away so we ended up with a lot of mosquito bites. Another disadvantage was that the hotel is next to the fire station so there is a lot of noise during the night from all the sirenes. The bathroom was okay. There was soap and shampoo. They also gave new towels every day. It was pretty clean when we arrived. The breakfast was very basic and not like advertised. It was too expensive for what we got so we don't recommend the breakfast. You better eat somewhere else for less money. The staff wasn't really friendly but also not rude. They didn't say much and you really had to ask for information because they didn't gave much. You do have to keep in mind that this is a cheap hotel so don't expect to much luxury. This hotel is good for people who just want a hotel to sleep in that is not too expensive.

The location of the hotel is great! Close to the central train station and the old town square

Great value, but I doubt I'd stay here again.
    • Economy Double Room

The bed broke as soon as I sat on it, and the mattresses were very uncomfy in general. Despite booking a room with an en-suite bathroom, I ended up in a room without a bathroom, and had to navigate my way through the hallways to find one instead, frustratingly there was only one that I could find, and it was frequently in use.

Good location, very central to Prague and the train station (convenient for the airport bus service). Staff were friendly, and the room was clean.

Poor choice
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

From 3 windows in the room you could open only one, a top floor room without air condition. Terribli noisy becouse you had to open the one working window all the time to get some fresh air inside... Breakfast room was underground with a terrible smell in it, nearly no equipment what so ever for additional 5 eur / person for a day 😐

Horror
    • Economy Double Room

It was like a bad, bad nightmare.. There was Nothing in a room. The rooms didn't look like they are shown on pictures! Old horrible place. Everything is a fraud there! Really crazy or stoned guy on reception, full of suspicious russian "workers" around, Enormous price for parking on the other side of city!!! Etc, etc. We resigned from breakfast, because there was only dried sausage and two (!) pieces of ham in a fruit dryer. Overall, since Stalin stayed in this hotel and shot all normal personel there - nothing changed. )) We think, it's a money laundry. It can not be really a hotel business!

Nothing is possible to like there.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Facilities listed aren't necessarily what you get - very misguiding
    • Economy Double Room

The room was described as having a bathtub and own bathroom on Booking.com, under the heading "room facilities" - which made me assume the things listed under there would be what is included. However, upon arrival I got a room with no bathroom, and the communal bathroom in the corridor did not have a bathtub. The booking.com listing was very misguiding, as staff told me that bathtub and own bathroom were only available if the guest made a special "request" during the booking. I explained that I had specifically booked a room with a bathtub, because I had just had an operation and it was easier for me to use a bathtub, but the reception person was not very friendly and just said it is non-refundable. Also, Wifi didn't work in my room on the 3rd floor during my whole stay.

The only nice thing was that the staff member on the second day was friendly.

Okay but some improvements to be made
    • Economy Double Room

No fan in room on arrival - asked for a fan to be told they didn’t have any. Finally got a fan on 4th night from housekeeper. The rooms are very warm in the summer but with a fan they are good. Organized an extra night and confirmed this on arrival, the staff didn’t communicate with eachother meaning I had to switch rooms and was almost charged an extra fee. No safe in rooms.

Nice layout, rooms are nice and clean. Can buy water from reception.

Good location, close to tram stop and metro.
    • Economy Double Room

Extremely noisy even at night. Frequent passes of emergency services vehicles. See-through window curtains in the bathroom and the building across the street is a few meters away.

Good location, close to tram stop and metro. Walking distance from the old town.

Never ever.
    • Economy Double Room

Everything: noise from the old window, no air conditioning, absence bathroom in the room. One more: fake photos on the page, you can not imagine what is the difference between them and reality.

Nothing. Stay away from this hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The room was extremely hot which could be easily solved by opening the windows. Unfortunately the road under them was very busy and noisy all night.

Doesn't look the same
    • Economy Double Room

Our room wasn't as nice as the pictures. I don't know if the rest of the rooms were better... but the room does not look the same hotel. Our room was located behind the reception and the windows were at the same level as the street, so you could listen all the people's conversations at night. Of course you couldn't open the window at night on summer because of the noise. The batroom was clean but quite basic and small. They didn't clean the room or do the bed in 2 days and we noticed some uncontrol in the reception with the keys.

Well communicated with the city center by walk and metro.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

• Economy Double Room

this used to be a good place... its perfect area, but the room was soo hot so noisy from outside. but most of all the bed was so soft it was almost like stepping in hammok

Enjoyed our stay
    • Economy Double Room

The checkout time was very early - 11.00am. Rooms also need to be updated as most of the interior is quite old such as the wallpaper and bathrooms. Breakfast was also very very basic - cereal and a yogurt.

Room was clean and well prepared. The host was very helpful as well. Location is great as it is close to everything.

Nice hotel, close to both metro and tram stations.
    • Economy Double Room

The room was hot and it needs a better air condition. Wi fi was really bad. You can't smoke anywhere and they even have a penalty for it!

We stayed at the attic which was spacious and romantic. I loved the rooftop windows. Metro and tram station a 5 minutes walk from the hotel, main train station 15 minutes by foot, old town 20 minutes by foot. Receptionists were really nice.

Nice accomodation
    • Economy Double Room

We have booked a double room with private bathroom. When we arrived they told us we got there too late and the only room left is one with separated bathroom. They assured us that we were the only ones using it. It is not cool paying for one thing and receiving another thing.

The position. It is absolutely amazing. Just 15 minute walk to the old town square and also close to the new town.

Location is very nice, not very far from the very city...
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

-The photos at the website are very different from reality. -internet was slow or not working at all -breakfast was not very good and wide

Location is very nice, not very far from the very city center

Staff was helpful.
    • Quadruple Room

WiFi was not working. The room did not have air conditioner and the cooler was not sufficient for the room size. Lift is only till 3rd floor if your room is on the 4th you will have to use stairs.

Staff was helpful. Room was very clean.

4.0
    bad
    • Economy Double Room

I think the hotel violates legal rules. The water became cold after the first shower (with 2 registered guests) and the hotel representative replied I should let them know so they could raise the water temperature. However, I should not take the burden to exit the shower and walk down to the receptionist, waiting for their intervention. They should keep the water at a constant level of temperature Moreover, the wifi in the room did not work for more than a few minutes over an entire day. This in spite of continuous requests of intervention. However, a wifi service was included in the offering conditions for which I have paid All this represents misrepresentation and does not respect EU Law on Consumer Protection. The hotel has refused to settle the issue reimbursing a proportionate amount of what I had paid. I had paid approximately 50 euros for the room and 15 euros for the earlier 2 pm check in service (the extra fee was not announced when I had requested an earlier check-in). I had proposed the return of the 15 euros of extra fee to compensate for the missing hot water and wifi My lawyer, based in Prague, is taking care of the issue, and will contact all relevant authorities. I will also inform booking.com which brokered the service

Very good located, a lot of shops around.
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast was really poor, so you need to eat something outside. Unfortunately there was no parking place booked for us although we asked for reservation few months ago.

Very good located, a lot of shops around. Nice huge rooms and bathroom. The staff was kind and helpful anytime. Generally really nice hotel for good price.

The location is good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was unfriendly, and don't answer mails. The beds were broken and uncomfortable. The room was poorly cleaned and there were stains on the sheets. The shower drain did not work so the shower floor flooded. At one point there was no water at all in the room, this lasted for about an hour. Also the room was super hot with no aircon and only small windows to the roof. Except for that they said that they can offer a parking spot, when they don't even have anywhere to park. So I had to park at another hotel close by. I would not stay there again.

The location is good

Nice hotel with great location

Wifi connection

Good location, near to the National Museum and metro/tram to Prague Castle. Very helpful and friendly staff (they helped us with wifi connection). Room very huge and clean with a little fridge. There´s also a garden where you can smoke. Nice aquarium on the reception :)

Good value for money
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The staff was not very helpful or friendly. I called beforehand to ask about the payment details and the receptionist was not helpful at all. I would say she was downright condescending. However, by the time I got to the hotel there was a different receptionist, who was bit more helpful and friendly. Thank God! Other than that it was a positive experience.

The hotel was very clean, could get two fresh towels each a...
    • Economy Double Room

Hotel is on a busy road so is a little noisey at nights. Breakfast wasn't worth the 5€, was only bread, cornflakes and tea/coffee when we went unfortunately.

The hotel was very clean, could get two fresh towels each a day and got a new bar of soap and single use sachet of shower gel every day! It is in a very good location to explore the main attractions of Prague, all within walking distance or could be reached on the metro which was nearby. Could leave your bags behind reception on the last day with was good! Wee garden is nice to sit!

Exciting learning experience which helped to recall old hostel days
    • Economy Double Room

Low lightning in room n mosquito repellents required

Super friendly n helpful staff. Location was perfectly accessible and kitchen was well kept and all door codes easy to remember

The stay at the hotel was awful!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

What i didn't like: -the breakfast is awful, too little food. -after we arrived they didn't have the rooms we paid for and gave us wrong ones. We paid for 2 rooms with double bed with bathroom and we got a 1 double bed room with bathroom and one with 4 single beds in it. -in the double bed room, it was room 005, we had bed bugs! we ended sleeping all 4 in one room. The one with 4 single beds. -and one last thing, the manager didn't even come talk to us after we found the bugs in our bed. She told us everything she wanted through her employees even tho we asked her to come so we could discuss the problem with her.

The only good thing for that hotel is the location.

Great location, very spacious and clean room, nice and...
    • Economy Double Room

It was extremely loud since the windows were at the street side. We booked a double bed but it was actually a bed with two single mattresses which were sliding apart all night long so we ended up sleeping separately.

Great location, very spacious and clean room, nice and friendly staff.

Great place, poor comfort
    • Economy Double Room

There are no air conditioning and ventilation at all. Rooms are too noisy, and be ready, that you will not see such cozy rooms as in photos. Keys from elevator are given only for guests that live on third floor and above.

Really good and affable staff. Also, place where hotel is situated is great — metro is nearby, and it takes about ten minutes to get to the city center by foot

It was basic and clean but would not stay here again
    • Economy Double Room

There was no hotel information booklet or tea making facilities

The hotel is very basic there was no tea making facilities or drinks you had to buy them from reception there was a bit of a walk to Wenclas square and it was up hill on the way back hotel was very clean but the staff were not that helpful as there was no information booklet in the room

One night stay in hotel Venezia
    • Economy Double Room

- When I checked in and went to my room, I was surprised by how tiny the room was - the price seemed a bit too high for such a small room. - There was no handle on the window and so I couldn't open it, which was a problem, because it was very hot during that time. - Overall the whole hotel looked a bit old. - The elevator only goes up to the 3rd floor - if you get a room on the 4th floor, you must take the stairs, which could be a big inconvenience if you have big suitcase etc. - Mattresses in the rooms were very soft - to the point where it was uncomfortable to sleep on it. - If you get a room oriented towards the main street, expect it to be a bit loud from all the cars etc.

-The young woman at the reception was incredibly helpful and friendly, when I had a problem she tried really hard to help me, which I really appreciate - when I found out I couldn't open the window, I went to the reception to ask about it (it was really hot and so was the room). - After a bit of talking she moved me into another room, which I was incredibly thankful for. - The new room was so much bigger than the first one and was also renovated and more modern. (which shocked me a bit - that there is such a big difference between the quality of the rooms). - the hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and very helpful - I requested early check out (as I had to catch a morning plane) and it was no problem

Just what we needed, clean, comfy, nice room.
    • Economy Double Room

Noisy as property was on main road so when it was hot and opened window, it was loud. Also got water would run out really quickly

Just what we needed, clean, comfy, nice room.

The staff were helpful.
    • Economy Double Room

The room didn't have AC or a fan. We were given a room that had a private bathroom but it was across the corridor. The room was a bit dusty and the door to our room didn't shut properly.

The staff were helpful. They were able to store our luggage for free after check-out. It was a 5 minute walk from a metro and close to the train station and Old Town.

Never again
    • Quadruple Room

Facilities where awful Never match the pictures on your website Bathroom was located down the hall way Beds where not comfortable Would never stay again Couldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone

Nothing at all - best part was leaving

Prague was fantastic. This hotel not so much.

Showerhead in bath nowhere near high enough for a real shower and the toilet seat was broken. The beds were uncomfortable and the staff had no idea what they were doing upon either check in or check out. Can be quite loud in the morning as it is located on a main road with sirens a regular concern. The curtains did not go all the way across so we were woken up by the 6am sun each morning. The rooms have no air conditioning or fans, so we had to sleep with the windows wide open to try and keep cool. On top of this, the whole place has a very musty smell, and you get the impression that it used to be a hostel rather than a hotel. We didn't bother with breakfast, didn't want to risk it.

The location is great, just a short walk away from Wenceslas Square and bars just around the corner.

Good price in great location, bad shower.

Shower didn't really work. There wasn't enough pressure so it was either cold or holding the valve open with one hand to keep the warm dribbly shower running. Also no place to put shower head high up and wash.

Good price and location, comfy bed in large triple room with a sofa.

We found the room, spacious, comfortable and well located but everything else was poor.
    • Economy Double Room

No phone, fridge, kettle or safe in room, curtains pretty much transparent and blinds didn't work. Shower didn't reach the holder. 4 or 5 TV channels and 7 radio stations, all non western European languages meant the tv was redundant for us. During our stay we experienced weird banging throughout the night and early morning 3 out of 4 days. No ac.

Our room (305) size was very good and the location is walkable to 2 metro lines and the main station. Wifi worked well.

Good
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Stayed in dorm. Door not locked. Came back to find my backpack rifled through in a shared toilet. How did they get by reception?

Very convenient to train station and metro. Reasonably priced.

The place - near the centre - was very good.

Door to our room was nearly not to close, the same problem with the windows. And that was terrible, because the hotel is located on a mainstreet with traffic all the night. Problems with the bill. Problems with the organisation, because the manager waked us up in the night to ask who we are!!!!!

The place - near the centre - was very good.

Nice location but no parking at hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1. I asked for a parking spot before booking and mentioned it again in the booking but when I arrived, I could not find any parking and had to call the hotel (the number on google is not replying, you have to go on they’re website to have the right number) and they told me there is no parking at the hotel and that I have to go to another hotel for parking. At the other hotel the lady was not happy as nobody told her about my coming so no parking spot was booked for me, plus I had to pay cash as I was not customer of their hotel (20€/night). 2. Breakfast is only from 8:00 to 10:00. I had to be at work at 8:00 so I could not take the breakfast

Good location, The room was nice with a bath

The property was near the city center and walking distance...
    • Economy Double Room

The staff was not present, when I wanted to check in and had to wait for an hour. They were not aware of basic stuff like if they have a safety box etc.

The property was near the city center and walking distance from one of the tram stations. The breakfast was worth 5euros and very basic.

The Hotel is in a very good location near the Museum and...
    • Economy Double Room

We stayed in a Deluxe Room and still, the room is super noisy at night, the windows insulation is not existing and the hotel is on a very noisy street. Also there aren't any blackout curtains so as soon as the sun is up the room is flooded with light. Bathroom is also a bit annoyingm there is no place to put your stuff and the bathtub as a very small hose so you kinda need to twist and turn in order to get yourself all wet. Just annoying. I don't think I want to go back there ever again.

The Hotel is in a very good location near the Museum and Namesti Miru.

• Economy Double Room

I was terrified when I read all the reviews, but I was surprised. Ok standard if you don't have high expectations. friendly staff, the shower was broken when we checked it, but they fixed it the day after. Fantastic location. good value for the money.

No wifi and staff didn’t understand that I can not see any...

No wifi and staff didn’t understand that I can not see any wifi at 3rd floor my room because he was at the first floor, he only keep saying it’s working for me.

Good basic hotel in a great location
    • Economy Double Room

The locks on the door are a little dated but they do have a safe to use on reception for any valuables . That's not to say that that the hotel felt unsafe in any way at all . I would happily stay there again .

The location of the Hotel was excellent and the staff were very helpful . It's a basic hotel but I found it clean with a comfortable bed and certainly value for money . I would recommend it if you just need a cheap base to explore the city .

I would stay here again for the same price because now I know what to expect.
    • Economy Double Room

They advertise toiletries, but they only give you one small portion (non-sealable) starting your stay. TV doesn't work. Walls are paper-thin, you hear everything that goes around you. Windows don't shut properly (so in winters it might be cold). The only real plus is the location and a price (if you get the booking discount, I wouldn't recommend paying the full price..)

It really was close to everything and the room was clean, allthough quite tired-looking.

The location was great.
    • Economy Double Room

Our bed was two singles pushed together & the en suite I paid for was across the hall..

The location was great.. the hotel itself is a bit old but it is only a 3 star hotel so I wasnt expecting too much.

Budget option for travellers who want to stay close to the city centre.
    • Economy Double Room

Worn down interior, windows can be hardly shut, noise from the main road, really soft mattresses, limited facilities(no fridge, microwave, even though we got boiling kettle available for whole duration of our stay at no charge at reception).

Great location, many shops nearby, close to underground, spacious rooms cleaned daily, independent heating in the room.

The room was nice.
    • Economy Double Room

There were few amenities. We requested hair dryer about 3 times but it always run out.

The room was nice. Clean, wide room. There’s lift so it’s okay with heavy luggage. The location was not bad that it take 15 minutes walk from the railway station.

Fine. But not that good
    • Economy Double Room

Beds not comfy. Cold shower water. Doors dont close well. Breakfast options minimal.

Roons are clean. (Cleaned it once in a thee night stay). 24/7 reception.

They put an extra bed in our room without telling us.
    • Economy Double Room

They put an extra bed in our room without telling us.. which wasn't a massive issue but I had to go down and find out why - they could have told us when they handed us back our keys! Overall decent hotel

The location was very good and we didn't find it...

Absolutely nothing)

The location was very good and we didn't find it difficult to get there from the airport. In addition, it is not far from the city attractions. For the hotel itself, the staff was very kind and polite. The room is clean and light. You can enjoy beautiful street and appartment blocks.

In general the staff was friendly.
    • Economy Double Room

It was 10 p.m. and we were out of toilet paper (the cleaners didn't give us a new one in the morning). Staff couldn't find any in the hotel, so said 'you can go and buy it yourself, this isn't my job'. Pity... + there was tabacco on the bedside table.

In general the staff was friendly. Nice neighborhood, good public transport connections, nice room.

I really enjoyed the stay here. It was clean and the staff were friendly! The location was great!
    • Economy Double Room

It would have been nice to have a fridge and a floor length mirror, although the bathroom lighting was lovely. These are not essential though!

The location was amazing and the hotel was clean. It was basic but it’s very cheap. There’s everything that you needed for a more than comfortable stay.

Worst hotel ever!!!
    • Economy Double Room

Blood stains on mattress. Scum on walls. Bugs on walls. Passive aggressive staff. It was filthy, cold, the door only locked using brute Force and then there was a gap between the doors when it was locked and you could see straight into the corridor and the corridor could see in. The planks to hold the mattress up we're broken and missing. Dust and dirt everywhere. Beer bottle tops on the carpet. When we complained the staff were nowhere to be seen, the (I presume) hotel manager didn't care for our complaints and said cleaning up is not up to him and there is nothing he could do. He offered us a family suite that had 4 beds in and stood behind us whilst we checked it out. It was a little cleaner but still cold and not secure. He made us uncomfortable by standing with us. He was visibly upset by our complaints and became passive aggressive with his attitude. We had to search in the rain with our suitcase for a hotel for the 2 nights we had planned. The photos aren't the best. I'm not sure whether to return to Prague again.

Information is misleading.
    • Economy Double Room

Prior to arriving I requested a secret special surprise as it was my partners birthday that weekend that we were staying.We waited around 15 at reception ringing the bell as no one was arriving. Then as they did. On check in the man on reception said that they left something special for my partners birthday. Right to his face and then asked me to pay the 10eur I agreed to pay. As a secret surprise I didn’t think that it would have been mentioned right in front of my partner.. that was the last thing I wanted even before we got to the room. The bathroom was clean but the shower drain was blocked so a lot of water accumulated while having a shower. And the shower head holder was broken so we had to hold it ourselves. We only got two little soaps and two little sachets of shampoos. And we were staying there for 2 nights/ 3 days. On facilities of this house it says shared kitchen. There is actually no use of any kettle or shared kitchen facilities. Only breakfast area if you buy breakfast in the morning. And it also said luggage room. But there was no luggage room they only allow to leave your bags behind the reception desk. So we were very disappointed with this misleading information. And the staff didn’t seem to care either.

The beds were comfortable. The room was spacious. The radiators which we could control the heating on ourselves is a plus especially as we tend to be cold. Bathroom was clean. Location is also perfect.

This is a perfect place to stay if you are on tight budget
    • Economy Double Room

Low level bed Poor quality pillow and found hair on the pillow after checking in

1. Location - Great location 2. Value for money - Good budget hotel 3. Staff - helpful and friendly 4. Flexibility - reservation error made by myself was amended by hotel 5. lift - easy access to the room

Decent stay on decent price
    • Economy Double Room

Bed wasn't that comfortable. Also, the bathroom could be cleaner. You have to leave the key of your room at the reception when you go outside. Some of the staff should pay more attention to the clients whom wish to go to their room while some others are checking in or out, our asking tourist information.

The hotel is close to the city center, tram and metro are within a walking distance, just like excellent breakfast places. The non-stop open reception is a huge advantage! Do not expect a new and modern hotel, it is a nice old building transformed into a hotel. It is clean and calm.

We met four different girls in the reception and never got a single smile!
    • Economy Double Room

Carpet dirty, draft from windows, AWFUL smell in bathroom -which was also ice cold, loads of pubic hair in bed, extremely noisy fridge, we could hear other guests turn in their beds -and everything else too! The tv didn’t work and only one of the radiators in our had a knob where we could control the temperature. That and the fact that we had icy winds coming from the windows made our room very cold! Especially at night when the temperature dropped to -8 outside!

The price but you sure get what you pay for!

Venezia 3*
    • Economy Double Room

The bed, very uncomfortable, was a broke bed with cheap madras. I slept very bad, I wake up with back pain

Good price. In room was clean and very warm and I like this. Good location, 2 minutes from city center and metro station MUZEUM.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018