Reviews of Villa Conti 3 stars

Nové Město 25, Český Krumlov, 381 01, Czech Republic

#6 of 32 hotels in Český Krumlov

• Suite

The location of this Villa is more than amazing. The rooms are huge and bed extremely comfy. Impeccable clean too. Miroslava is beyond a great host and I would definitely recommend her place to stay while in Cesky!

Nothing to complain about.

Mirosława is a very helpful and supportive host. The breakfast is rich and offers a variety. Wifi works very well. We could park our motorcycles in a shed next to the parking lot.

• Suite

Lovely room and comfortable bed. Staff very welcoming and made sure we were okay. We had to leave early the day we checked out and breakfast was provided for us to take with us. The hotel is very central with lots of restaurants nearby. It is not so good if you have a car as the street is very narrow and hard to access by car. We walked from the train station, a downhill walk of about 20 minutes but it would have been a steep climb back up and we would have taken a taxi had we not been leaving town by shuttle. It is far easier to get to and from Cesky Krumlov by shuttle than by train.

• Suite

This was the most horrifying check-in experience and hotel ever. Host/Receptionist was threatening and outright disgustingly rude. My family and I were fearful of our safety. Was lost and upon reaching the place, this unknown lady who just happened to pass by the door of the block told me fiercely no parking of cars outside this place. I did not know that this place was the hotel I was going to stay in as i was still trying to find the exact location of the hotel. Hence, I told her I am staying in Villa Conti hotel. She just stared at me and uttered nothing. I looked for the entrance of the hotel and only to know that hotel i was going to stay in is being looked after by this same rude lady. After which I entered quietly and asked if this was Villa Conti. Then this lady started to hurl and scolded me for coming in late and what not. I was in shock as I finally managed to find this place after hours of driving. But again, don't the hotel has flexible check-in timings ?!?! She scolded me for not checking my email (c'mon, who checks their email during a 2-week holiday in Europe). This lady, with another guy whom i believed to be her boyfriend and a young girl, was with her. She hurriedly handed me the keys and uttered some instructions on the parking incoherently. I was lost and unsure what to do. No instructions for parking and fiercely reiterated NO PARKING OUTSIDE, DRIVE AWAY NOW. But I have yet to unload my luggages and had to do so immediately. I was with my family of 4 but still felt threatened and frightened to the core hence we did not dare to speak back or stood up for ourselves despite the humiliating scoldings and remarks. Breakfast had very little selections and had to ask the receptionist to cook the types of eggs which you want. Receptionists were all unfriendly and aloof. Nice place but very scary experience

The decor of the room, although it felt a little haunted.

The property is very old-fashioned and historical so the usage of a high-voltage electronic (e.g. a water heater) is not allowed. The reception desk is not open for 24 hours. The stairs are relatively narrow considering the situation if you carry a big suitcase. And our room is not very big, either.

The location was good - the area of old town is not big or far away anyway. The host prepared the breakfast a little bit earlier than the offical time because we had to leave and move very early in the morning on our check-out date, which was very nice and considerate.

The room was too small.

Really quiet, and the location is good. Not in the town center but there is only 5 minutes by walking to the square and only 3 minutes walk distance to the castle. Special thanks to the hotel as they prepared an early breakfast for me on the day I checked out.

The room is in the attic which I'm not happy about it. It's very small. As I'm tall,so sometimes I bung my head

Staff is very nice and helpful, the bathroom is new decoration so it's very nice too. It's in the center of old town so just walking distance to go to anywhere.

• Suite

The accommodations were exactly as pictured, beautiful, tasteful, and comfortable. Miroslava was the sweetest hostess ever!! This was the best hotel I stayed at during my month-long trip through Italy, Hungary and Czech Republic and I highly recommend this Villa Conti!!

• Suite

Lighting in the room is dark and the fruits of breakfast should be fresher and better.

Very good location, just a few steps to the castle and town center.

My husband could not stand up to use the toilet due to it's location in the bathroom. The ceiling height in the stairwell very low and you'd hit your head several times going up and down the numerous stairs! I am 5"4 tall so my 6 foot tall husband has a very bruised head!

The location was awesome , staff excellent and great breakfast!

• Suite

Nice small hotel in the very center of this lovely town. Clean room, very beautiful comfy bed, nice bathroom with a bathtub, impeccable service & attitude, good breakfast. Highly recommended.

Villa Conti is a great place to stay. The rooms are a good size and the beds are comfortable. The people at Villa Conti were very accommodating. We could not make it at check in time so they sent us a code for after hours with directions on how to get the key. They also left us a parking card with a map so that we could park for free. I was really happy with the service. The location was perfect. It was a five minute walk if that to the castle. I would recommend Villa Conti to anyone who is visiting Cseky Krumlov.

No reception at 4pm, we had to make a phone call to get the keys. There's no lift, it can be a problem if you have heavy suitcases and your room is at the last floor. The quality of breakfast food is far below average. The wifi connection doesn't allow even to check mail (several ports are closed). The room we booked was advertised for 30 square meters, but in fact wasn't more than 15.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Villa conti is a very nice hotel in the middle of this lovely but very touristic town. The room was small but comfortable and even romantic. The bathroom is well equiped and the breakfast is very good. Parking is not in the vicinity of the hotel but with a voucher rather cheap

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

really good location, just few minutes to parking area by walk. clean and beautiful room, big bathroom, very quiet at night. satisfied with breakfast.history and beautiful house. our children couldn't get up early. staff was very kindly to extend breakfast supply time for more half hour, really appreciate. recommend !

The matress was a bit stiff. The stairs up to the room were a bit narrow, but that is to be expected in an old building.

Nice and very helpful owner, beautiful room and bathroom, good breakfast. The Hotel was near the castle and still in a very quiet street.

First, we were booking at Villa Conti but when we arrived hotel, the reception advised us to move the new hotel which stay on the other road(near Villa Continue). I don't know why? But no problem. The new hotel is good, we love it but no hair dryer in room.

Good service of reception. Good location

Bed a bit firm for us. Beautiful bathroom but no shower, hand held shower over bath. Knocked our head a few times on exposed roof beams! But none of these detracted from our stay.

Lovely room in gorgeous 16th century house. Tastefully renovated. Good breakfast. Lovely and accommodating host.

• Suite

I must say Villa Conti Hotel is the best location if you visit Krumlov, and the People are fantastic, Miroslava she is very friendly and gives us great help to visit this lovely town. thanks to her kind remindings, that hotel reception open until 4PM, and she gave us precisely instructions of driving routes, otherwise We can never get there. the hotel is kind of boutique style, very trandition built, but with Modern design, exceptionally good is their bath room, clean and nice, hansgrohe and geberit brands! Strongly recommend!

Breakfast was very good. We liked the fact that VIlla Conti was just off a main street. It was very close to restaurants and the castle, but was also peaceful. We would absolutely stay there again. Staff was extremely friendly...Rooms spacious and clean!

• Suite

Loved it in every way. Note: there was no AC, but that's to be expected in such a historic building.

The staff was so nice and helpful. Loved the historical building. The view from the room was beautiful. Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Suite

If a complaint is launched on this hotel or the manager it will be because the person is a chronic complainer, & should be disregarded!

The reception was warm & so friendly! The manager goes over the top tó make sure that you have every thing you need. The bed was heavenly, the breakfast very fresh & included scrambled eggs upon request...the best I've ever had, excluding the ones that I've had with morel mushrooms 😬

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Suite

All good... no...all great!

Owner and manager were very nice. Manager was especially lovely and could not do enough for us. Made us scrambled eggs and made sure we had enough to eat before leaving for Bad Ischl. Really lovely room and bathroom. Even the walk to our room as soon as we walked into the building was amazing. Just beautiful. :)

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

At first it looked lovely....on a quaint side street off the mainstream and very close to the Palace and the center of town. The location is awesome in an historical building, in the old city of Cesky Krumlov. We booked 2 rooms, Big bathrooms with bath tubs, extra large comfortable beds, pretty clean. But the roof slanted and it was either our heads or something else falling, which made it very inconvenient the guys couldn't stand! Anyway we were very happy to leave after the night and day we spent there!

Everything was wonderful, there was honestly nothing not to like.

The room was great, breakfast was substantial and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The view of the garden from my room was also wonderful. Although I was traveling alone on this occasion Villa Conte would be perfect for a romantic getaway and if I come back to Cesky Krumlov I would most definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Room size and having to duck around beams and low ceilings. My wife hit her head a few times but I laughed and blamed it on her after the first time.

Location, price, cleanliness, friendly staff, breakfast included

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Suite

Wifi signal was weak and only available in the bathroom.

Lovely comfortable room, great bathroom, good breakfast and friendly staff all in a great location. Fabulously comfortable four poster bed.

room was a bit too dark, parking place quite far from the hotel

huge bed, bath tub with hot water (Room 101), nice furniture, near to the center and the castle, breakfast ok

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Suite

ABSOLUTELY AVOID! I booked time ahead a SUITE which at check-in was no longer available. At arrival I was given a room, half the size I have originally booked, in a cramped attic on the 2nd floor (!). After claiming was discounted by only 17% and the booking reservation changed without any permission! The room was not heated and to be able to take a hot shower I had to wait 18 minutes for warm water! Basic breakfast of poor quality and no child seat available in the breakfast room. Unacceptable! I really cannot understand why this hotel have a rating of 8,6 offering such a bad service!

Near to the center.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Suite

Parking is complicated (but to be fair, it is better than majority of hotels in that part of town)

Very nice appartment - furnished in a "chateau style"

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The receptionists were very helpful, the room was lovely and the bed was good. The bath was very disappointing. It was wonderfully large but there was barely any hot water to wash in let alone run a bath. To top it off there was no shower pipe so the best I could do was run the tap I to the bath and attempt to wash that way. The location was central and not hard to find. It was a shame that the hotel had no courtyard or outdoor area except for a tiny, hedged strip outside the breakfast area. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The breakfast is delicious but no vegetables... It's a little bit dark in the room.

The staff are very nice and helpful. The room is comfortable and wifi is ok for me. The hair drier is one of the best I have ever used in hotels.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

We were 3 couples (total 6) all above 60 years except one. The top floor rooms were allotted to us. These rooms had steep sloping roofs propped by timber pillars in very in convenient places. It was impossible to walk or do anything without bumping your head on the ceiling and leg on to the timber columns. Getting to the top floor was another challenge what with very narrow and uneven staircase. These were the most uncomfortable rooms that we have ever stayed any where. We do not know the quality and space of other rooms.There was no attendant at the hotel in the evening or night. We had to enter the hotel main door with a separate key given to us. The hotel was completely left to the guests without any support in the evening and night. Modest Breakfast served at 8 am which is too late.

Location. Period.

Good breakfast. Central location. Charmingly decorated rooms just watch your head if you're on the top floor and are tall because of the beams. Something that comes with the territory in an old building. Just need to know about the pedestrian zone where you can't park/drive and get your pass from the hotel to drive your car up to the hotel for luggage unloading/loading.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Suite

Our room was very, very romatic, the bed was excellent and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the stuff was very helpful. Everything was beautiful. <3

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

No lift, need to carry luggage up stairs. We caught the bus into Cesky Krumlov, but learnt the hard way that it was not an easy walk with luggage from the bus stop to the hotel, given all the cobblestones. Staff helped us book a taxi the way out, which was much easier.

Beautifully furnished rooms and bathrooms. Location right in the heart of Cesky Krumlov. Free breakfast and wifi.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

The room had a bath but no shower, which wasn't a problem for me but could be an issue for other people.

The room was much more comfortable than I expected, given that it was a three star hotel! A very comfortable bed and excellent amenities. The location was fantastic, in a quiet side street but also very close to a main street and less than a five minute walk to the main square. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

The staff were not helpful. I had asked about hiring a moped during our stay and was told that they didn't know anyone who hired out mopeds. When I checked online, I discovered the was a shop nearby that hired mopeds. I asked the girl at reception to call the store and ask if they would reserve a moped for us. The store agreed to hire a moped and that I was to call between 1 and 2pm to collect it. I called, no one was there. I called again and again, no one was there, so no moped. When we went to check out, the man at reception asked that we pay for the two nights that we stayed. I explained that i had already given my credit card details when making the initial booking 8 weeks previous. He explained that it was hotel policy to charge us when checking out. I had discovered that I lost my credit card and was kept waiting for two hours until the bill was settled. I had to call my bank in Ireland to get my card details which I eventually did. I found this quite stressful and the hotel staff were not helpful, in fact the experience made my partner and I feel quite uncomfortable. Our conclusion was that the hotel was overpriced and over rated. Breakfast was very basic. Poor service all round.

The room was clean and pleasant. The view from the room was beautiful.

• Suite

Desk had no light or plug anywhere near.

Very nice staff, great location, good breakfast.

Lights could be brighter

Best possible location in this very beautiful town. The room was absolutely magnificent with XVIIIth century furniture

Not being able to stay longer.

The room was wonderful and looked newly redone. We enjoyed the breakfast a lot!

provide more bathroom accessories (e.g.: shampoo, conditioner, body lotion) and water/drinks

Excellent location and super clean

• Suite

Location was perfect - super convenient! Breakfast was also good.

Helpful staff who went out of their way to make us feel comfortable

Perfect location and very nice room) we enjoyed it a lot! Modern bath tube was a pleasant surprise) if i ever come again to Krumlov - only Vila Conti

Super!!!

great staff and a gorgeous room with a very comfortable bed! :)

Absolut nothing

Lovely hotel in an amazing town. We love it! Friendly and helpful staff.

• Suite

Perfect staff ready to help with any request. Fantastic location - in a quiet street just around a corner of the main street. Fabulous rooms.

Wifi was very weak. No AC 、No lift.

Great location. Friendly staffs and good service.

The staff was exceedingly nice

Several sets of stairs so need to be fit

Old building in old town close to all attractions. Interesting room, needed to duck under a few roof beams

• Suite

Wifi signal is good & location is good. Clean & big room.

lack of housekeeping

location and breakfast is good

Great breakfast. The host know that we need to leave early and prepare an early breakfast for us. It is very nice of her

• Suite

Beautiful accommodation in the centre of Cesky Krumlov. Very nice room and kind staff. We have enjoyed the stay there a lot!!!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Suite

Minimum amenities in the room. Far public parking place.

Good location, although the parking place is quite far. Large Bathroom with bathtub.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

the heating wasn't very warm, it was quite cold at times.

bed was really wide and comfortable

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

great bed

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

More light in the room

Breakfast was great. Location was perfect!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Suite

The rooms are very elegant (we lived in the first floor) and very comfortable! Quiet but just in the city center!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Great location and great staff!! The room was comfort and spacious! Very good choice!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Suite

The hotel is very good, the staff is kindly.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Roof is little lower than modern room.

Very traditional room.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Suite

There wasn't anything to fault

Location was great, beds were comfortable, breakfast was nice, nothing to fault

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Suite

Not even a kettle in the room. No shower.

Bed was very comfortable and large

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Stairways very difficult for anyone who is elderly.

Cosy Comfortable hotel and freshly cooked eggs at breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The receptionist's kindness and willing to help.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Stairs

Great Location and Nice Sized Room

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Not free parking

Very beautiful room, good location,nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The room size is more tiny than i thhought.

The location is near the village.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The room was huge and very clean. Great value for the money. Staff is very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

A balustrade handrail would be a big plus, especially for the elderly, as the staircase to the first floor is carpeted and circular Our room as not made up

Room looked onto a quite garden - heaven! Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Wonderful and huge room! Nicely decorated. The bed is very comfortable; room with view to the nice and wide garden with nightingale concert in the evening; very friendly staff

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Villa Conti traveller photo gallery