Reviews of Hotel Waldstein 4 stars

Valdstejnske nam. 6, Prague, 11000, Czech Republic

#169 of 612 hotels in Prague

Nothing...it ticked the boxes for me. I will use this place again...situated in a good location.

Plenty of choice at breakfast...in a quirky cellar location.

Absolutely gorgeous place! Sparkling clean and comfortable. The staff is fantastic! Renata was incredibly helpful and everyone was kind. The breakfast is delicious- especially the little traditional pancakes! I will stay here again when I return in the future. Loved it!

Room was very hot and could not open window because on ground floor. But fan helped. However room was good and quiet. Good tea & coffee making facilities.

Great quiet location, but near enough to walk into town. Very friendly and helpful staff. Plenty of shops, bars and restaurants nearby. Not far to walk to Prague castle

Room was small without air conditioning, however, we soon adjusted and enjoyed the 15th century building with its breakfast restaurant in the basement. It added charm to a memorable and enjoyable stay in Prague. Thank to all at Hotel Waldstein.

Perfect location near the famous Charles Bridge and the Royal Palace. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast.

Ground floor room (1) faces front of building, with cars and smokers outside. Hotel does not have air conditioning so when windows are open to get some air in, smoke, fumes and noise also creep in.

Excellent location, fantastic staff, good breakfasts, comfortable beds, nicely-appointed bedroom.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

Nothing at all - all was great

Lovely hotel. Very clean, great rooms and a fantastic breakfast. The staff were very helpful and attentive. Great location, very close to the centre and Charles Bridge. My wife and I went along with one of our sons. We booked one room, which had two separate bedrooms, which was ideal. Transport to and from the hotel was arranged by them, at a small cost, which saved a lot of worrying. Would highly recommend.

Difficult to say what we didn't like; perhaps the stairs and narrow passages and total lack of view; however, being at the hotel for just 1 night and having a list of things to do we didn't really spend any time at the window

The location!! Very close to the Senate (= in Waldstein Palace) and the Waldstein Gardens, close to the Prague Castle, tube station "Malostranska", (line A), Kampa, the Charles Bridge, Lesser Town Square + many nice restaurants The staff! Those we met or dealt with were very friendly and efficient (lady on our arrival day - name?; a young gentleman on our departure day - name?) and happy to wait re our decision which way to pay for our stay The breakfast!!! One of the best for a long time, for choice and quality Quiet surrounding area

That we stayed only for one night :(

It was a spontanious booking for one night. It was cheap but unexpectedly good. Eventhoug we booked a double room, surprisingly we got a deluxe one.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Being an historic building, there is no lift and the stairs are narrow. However, staff are most helpful with luggage, so it is not too great a problem.

Excellent location. Close to major attractions, but in a quiet street. Charming residence. Superb breakfast!

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times and every time it has been fantastic! This most recent time, my sister and I were given a room on the ground floor right next to the parking lot. The delivery guys show up quite early. I am a heavy sleeper, so this was not a problem for me. My sister, however, is a light sleeper and was woken up each morning by the carts bumping along on the cobblestones. When we mentioned it to the staff, they were very apologetic and quick to compensated us nicely for the trouble.

This is one of my favorite hotels in Lesser Town. The breakfast is ample with a nice selection of hot and cold foods, the beds are comfortable, the staff is super friendly and always willing to help with anything, and you can't beat the location... just a couple blocks from the Charles Bridge, a couple blocks from the Prague Castle, a couple blocks from where the swans often hang out along the shores of the river, and right next to Wallenstein Palace with its beautiful gardens. It's ideal and I will continue to stay here every time I find myself in Prague.

A superb hotel with great facilities. Amazing friendly staff and wonderful location right in the middle of the old town. Easy to walk to everywhere. Breakfast very very good.

The hotel surprised us. My colleague had birthday and he got present. The hotel has great location and stuff is really friendly and we recommend to visit this hotel and I am sure you will spend great time.

I was expecting to have an Air condition in the room . being in the ground floor and open the window is a bit risky to have rats or insects

The furniture

• Family Suite

No elevator. We stayed on the second floor so we had to walk on the narrow ladder to the second floor :( The width of the ladder is just for one person to walk...

If you want to stay in an old building this hotel is suit you. The ceiling is made from thick woods and have decoration on it!! If you walk from Charles bridge this hotel is not hard to find ;) Also the host lady is very helpful!! (but I forgot her name...)

Room was a little small. Could hear people above because of wooden floor

Hotel was in a great position in the old town. An original quirky house Near to tram station and lots of cafes and bars. 5 minutes from Charles bridge

Did not feel like a 4 star, the room size, and facilities felt a lot closer to a 3 star. For 15℅ more a night one could have stayed at a 5 star.

Location was good, right next to the castle district

It may be a bit difficult to find the place, definitely when on foot.

It was said that an excellent breakfast was included and it really was what they said. I loved it (and I am especially choosy about food). Not only those lovely small croissants, but also the atmosphere, with music and the food being laid out with attention. Another thing I liked was the bed. It was super comfortable.

The quiteness depends on the politeness of the guests because the courtyard is small. I had a good experience.

Very nice room, small but cosy (double with separate beds), quiet and very pitoresque. Ground floor on a small courtyard. It is a chain so it is perhaps a bit impersonal but the quality\price ratio is very good

Room on the ground floor had iron beds, wooden beds on the 1st level room were somewhat better, but still an upgrade would be needed. Wooden floor is sometimes noisy, room on ground floor is sometimes noisy due to the lobby.

Staff was really friendly made a room change possible after 2 nights. Nice old style. Excellent location. Breakfast excellent and every day a litte changing sortiment.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

The location was wierd, the structure was not what we expected from a 4 star hotel. The entrance is not typical to a 4 star hotel.

The beds were very confortable and the breakfast was good.

• Deluxe Triple Room

It was a bit strange having to leave the building where our room was situated and having to walk to the hotel to have breakfast. But it was really a short distance and didn't minimise our comfort.

The hotel building is medieval, veeeeery cool! However, without our knowledge, our room was situaded in a building across the street. It was a flat, but we were offered all the ammenities of the hotel, including room service. The staff is wonderful, very helpful!

I expected a double room / bed. I got a room with two end to end single beds

The breakfast was good, location was excellent and the staff could not have been more helful

The hotel is in lovely location just a few minutes walk from Malostranské náměstí and it's a great starting point for sightseeing walks around Prague's historic city centre. The room was clean and had a very comfortable bed with comfy bedding. The breakfast was very nice with a wide selection giving everyone a choice of their preferred goodies to get ready for the day. It was my first stay at the hotel Waldstein and certainly not the last.

I would say everything is OK with this room beside the fact we can hear people and the (shared) air-ventilation from the next bathroom. There were also a small permanent deep background noise from the other wall as if from an electric transformer or so. Breakfast buffet was very large, though not from high quality food.

I've booked a single room because my flight was canceled and booked this single room on last minute. The location is perfect, it is isolated from the main streets and quite. The lobby staff I had in the morning was very nice, welcoming and ready to help.

It would have been nice if they served food in the evenings

The bed was very comfortable, lovely old furniture, apparently the headboard was 100 years old, small bathroom, good powerful shower, complimentary toiletries, the breakfast room is situated underneath the hotel and is 900 years old, the breakfast was extremely good, fresh orange juice if you want it, lots of choice, the hotel is very quiet at night, lots of restaurants and bars within walking walking distance

Finding the hotel can be a bit tricky. The room was a bit small, but it was clean and warm. The TV did not have any English channels.

The staff are very helpful and kind. The breakfast is wonderful. The location is very good for going to the Charles Bridge or Prague Castle.

our room was a bit to the small side and it was a room that came into a small lobby, so when we opened our room door, we were greeted by bunch of people with their suitcases etc. It was little bit strange. But we stayed only 2 nights, so it wasn't a massive issue for us.

Room was nice and clean. Breakfast good. Great location. Friendly & polite staff.

The only gripe I have is upon checkout the front desk manager did not have any money in the exchange services drawer. I was looking to exchange my remaining Czech Crowns back into Euro. Maybe ensure that something is in the drawer or ask guests the night before there check out in order to have an estimate of what is need at checkout.

The location is superb for Prague. The hotel sits within a 5 minute leisurely walk to the Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. A short 10 minute walk and you will be in the middle of downtown and the attractions. The hotel offered the period correct furnishings in the Waldstein. The hotel is historical in it's own due to being part of the Waldstein complex which comprises many buildings in the area. I enjoyed the hotel more due to it not being on a main avenue to reduce pedestrian and auto noises. It is an excellent accommodation and priced fantastically.

Poor lighting in the bathroom and no shelf space.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms cosy. Would definitely go back, great staff and lots of choice at breakfast.

Lovely breakfast, great-looking old style building. Room was pleasant, very comfortable beds, a short walk from restaurants and only 20 minutes walk from the old town square

The location was very convenient for the Prague Castle (8 min walk) and Charles Bridge (3 min walk). I liked that the hotel was off the main street so it was quiet. The breakfast was very good with a variety of foods and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Mornings. Our room faced the courtyard and the cleaners were so loud every morning from approx 8am, sounded like all they were doing was complaining.

Staff at reception were all lovely!!! Location was perfect!

My room was cold, heating in the toilet was not working and in the room was just slightly warm, making my stay not so comfortable. I asked to be verified, but has not been fixed, and I was offered a noisy portable heater instead, that did not solve the problem . Our bath towels did not dry from one day to the other, due to heating not working, I asked them to be changed, just because they were still wet, but they were not changed :(

We really liked the breakfast options and the breakfast room itself, breakfast was delicious and a the breakfast room was so cozy and pretty in medieval style. Options were very good and fresh, freshly squeezed orange juice and even a glass of prosecco ;) The location of the hotel is very good and central, with walking distance to most of tourist attractions and 5 min from Metro station Malostranska, and tram 22. Hotel can arrange pick up and drop off from Airport at a fair price. Staff are all very nice and polite. I arrived to my room with a complimentary bottle of wine and a note from the staff wishing me happy birthday. That was a nice touch.

Location, style of the room, comfort. We had early flight in the morning so we can not comment any further. Otherwise we liked our short stay in your hotel.

Nothing, everything was great :)

This place is a gem. Staff was extremely friendly and approachable. They were kind enough to let us check-in early, they gave us all relevant information (including map, restaurants and tours), they allowed us to store our luggage there so we didn't have to carry it around the city and they also printed my plane ticket! Really went beyond expectations. The room we were given was lovely. Exactly like the pictures. It smelled great and it was extremely clean. The bathroom was nice and spacious as was the bed. The bed was also very comfortable. The room was very warm despite the fact it was -1 outside! Breakfast was excellent. In fact, best breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. They had everything you needed and could hope for and the staff serving breakfast was extremely nice. The location is great too, it is right next to top attractions and it's a short walk to the metro stop. Would really recommend this place, it's definitely the best value for money.

Position of top step to the door which went down to the breakfast room. Had to watch one of our group who was unsteady on his legs.

Comfort of bed, rooms warm. Breakfast plenty to choose from. Staff very informative and helpful.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

Really cool to stay in the XIV century building with modern equipment. Very nice inner yard and the place is cool - in the heart of the city, but very calm.

The hotel was a gem. I frankly think it'd been impossible to do better ... location, value, friendliness (unless you need onsite club, and pampering ... This place is special).

we could of been informed of the construction that was ongoing above our room starting at 7:30 in the morning.

location is very close to Charles bridge and Castle Prague. the breakfast is very good and wide variety. the hotel is fairly old and outdated. not as quant as it appears on website.

The room said "deluxe apartment" but that must have been a holdover label from communist days. We found it cold, dark, claustrophobic. Given the prices they could afford to modernize.

The location was the best feature, walking distance to many sites, close to tram for the rest. Many restaurants and good music within 3 blocks.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The streetside is small loud due to parking place. Small bed. The welcome towel craft was so kind, but it looks like a rag compared to other towels in bathrooms.

The room was fine and we have a good breakfast. and thanks for welcome wine. we have plenty of information about tour around praha. with voucher for the restaurant is also good choice for visitor. The hotel is near the old bridge and you can visit to praha castle or to praha city-center by foot.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

I missed real espresso for breakfast (the option on the machine wasn’t real espresso)!!

The bed was comfy. Complementary wine a pleasant surprise and wifi connection very good. I also appreciated the availability of umbrellas. Also taxi service to&from airport was good. Breakfast was very good.

Toilet separate and a distance to bathroom, not what Brits know as en suite.

Excellent breakfasts. Good variety and high quality. Rooms spacious and comfortable. Helpful friendly staff. Quirky.

The double bed was against a wall on one side, but then again we were upgraded to a suite with choice of two bedrooms rooms (double or twin) so the decision was ours.

The location was excellent, exactly as described. The staff were very helpful booking taxis for us and providing useful information. breakfast buffet was very good with excellent bread.

The room was dark, stuffy and airless. An air conditioning unit was quite inadequate and made a loud noise all night. It was not clean, the carpet was full of bits of dirt. The shower was unusable - either scorching or freezing. The hair dryer did not work.

The location is good and the surrounding area lovely, historic, elegant. The building is interesting and the room furnished in a traditional style. Complimentary bottle of wine in the room.

room layout, however considering it was an old renovated building it was ok to have bath and toilet facilities in separate part of the room

Staff was very friendly. location and breakfast was outsdanding

A bit of clumping around heavy shoes with guests at 5am on our last night. Guess that depends who is staying at the time.

Great place to stay very convenient for Castle and the predestrian bridge. Very easy to get to all the activities including main square with the old clock. Quietly positioned hotel away from the noise. Part of the old town and the breakfast area is wonderful and shows the true age of the property.

Very comfortable room. Could have done with one U.K. Film or an U.K. speaking channel apart from a news channel. Great Breakfast and friendly staff and clean.

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff didn't seem very honest. I booked a Deluxe Double Room but was given a non-deluxe room which looked nothing like the pictures on the site; the staff insisted that it's a Deluxe room, but as all other Deluxe rooms had "deluxe" written on the door and the fact that the one they gave me didn't led me to doubt this. Room was way too expensive for the price (about 150 euros for one night).

Very conveniently located to some of the main landmarks in town.

I have no complaints.

Exceptionally comfortable bed; great shower room and antique furniture. Very good buffet breakfast and really friendly and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

We may have surprised the clerk when we checked in, as they seemed to lack any emotion or interest in our arrival, but we chalked it up to being late at night. A smile would've made it all better.

There was plenty of space for our young family of 5, room to sleep, play and two bathrooms. Breakfast was fantastic and a great start to the rest of our drive.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

as the accommodation is in historical building, to take the whole luggage on the third floor without lift is little bit demanding task :-)

very good breakfast, but in little bit cramped conditions :-), accomodation is in nice historical building, very good location for Prague sightseeing by foot :-)

no elevator. no air condition (although not needed during my stay)

Great location. Close to the tram. The castle and Carl bridge are within walking distance. The receptionist helped me find the closest petrol station. Breakfast exceeded my expectation.

Not a thing!

We were picked up by the shuttle service booked throught the hotel and the driver was lovely, and once we had arrived we knew we made the right choice! All staff were super friendly and helpful, and the room was neat and super crisp making our stay delightful! The breakfast buffet is totally on point with a beautoful experience of Prague's underground architecture. The hotel is located near the town yet away enough for a quiet night. It's a total shame that we couldnt book in our room for our next stay because they are full! Amazing place, staff and atmosphere!

Room flooboards a bit creaky and the toilet ventilator didn't work. Only one baby chair for breakfast.

We got a huge room and it was a quiet area away from all the hussle in town. Great service and friendly and helpful receptionists.

Air conditioning or ceiling fan would have been nice.

typical eastern european buffect. Scrambled eggs sloppy wet not desirable or safe to eat, everything else was great. Fried eggs were great.

Could not say any specific, maybe the absence of some view from the windows.

Very friendly staff. Perfect location in the city centre close to many sightseeings. Our room was without any special view from the windows (inside patio), but the beds were wonderful :-) The breakfasts were very nice as well.

No air conditioner, just 2 regular fans.

Hugh rooms, we thought it was a small room when we booked but we were happily surprised when we got a small apartment. Kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a new renovated bathroom. The breakfast was very good, it was in a cozy little basement. The location was very good, we could walk everywhere, the castle was just around the corner.

Finding the car park was a nightmare, i drove round twice but could not find it, the staff then gave me a Google street view of it and i walked there and eventually found it, but it took me nearly two hours.

Close to the center of Prague but away from the old town

I booked the hotel due to the pictures on the web with medieval painted beamed ceilings as too of the group are particularly interested in history. This is not what we got !! we got 2 very modern rooms which were nice but not what we had selected (pictorially ) when we booked!!!! therefor the picture on the web are misleading and we were disappointed on that front. So make sure you ask for those rooms on booking if that is what you are after!!!

Great Breakfast in the original cellar. Location was brilliant great views of the castle as you leave the hotel, good parking very friendly staff.

I loved staying here but if A/C and stair climbing is a priority, the Waldstein would not be a choice.

The Hotel Waldstein is in a perfect location for visiting Prague. It is in the quieter area of Mala Strana. The historic hotel gives charm to the Prague visit. There is no A/C but with the window and fan, I was comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was the best I had in any hotel I have stayed at. The setting and choices were wonderful! Romona was very sweet and presented the food with a smile and greeting every morning. If you like quiet and historic, this is the place for you!

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

The parking place was a little bit far from the hotel.

It is situated on a very calm place, but not far from the city center. The deluxe family room was very cosy.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Bathroom needs towel racks and a shelf for toiletries.

Location is excellent. We had a huge suite with a large and a small bedroom, bathroom, and large hallway. A beautiful view of the castle and the square. Very quiet. Great shower. Good breakfast in a vaulted cellar with the best scrambled eggs of our entire trip, even local champagne. Very helpful staff who also arranged transportation to the airport for 650 kcs. Would come back.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

Had a family suite with 1 fan. Maybe add 1 for each room.

Absolutely fantastic breakfast with a variety of options for everyone. Staff was extremely nice even packing us a breakfast for our early departure.

-the price perfomacen ratio average

-clean and special room -hotel is very good located, you can reach everything by food -breakfast ok -reception friendly

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

The facility is old and there is no air conditioning. It could be remodeled a bit more so that it is less dusty-looking. For the cost, I think they could invest a bit more in upgrading the rooms.

The location is good for staying on the Castle side of Prague. The rooms are also big and easily accommodates family of 4.

Nothing we are really happy that we stayed in this hotel

Hotel in in the middle of old town, so distance everywhere is really small. Hotel personal is really nice. Especially receptionist Renata :). Breakfast was good.

Room pic not accurate

Quiet and spacious room. Bathroom very new and modern. Short walk to the castle and bridge. Breakfast was THE BEST of anywhere of several weeks of journey

This is a wonderful, refurbished old apartment building in the center of Prague, in walking distance from major attractions. When you go to Prague you should stay at an authentic place like this to fully experience what Prague was all about back in the day ( of course with all of today's luxuries). Only thing is they have fans, not AC, but that's part of being authentic:)

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Deluxe Quadruple Room with Two Bedrooms

Like a big empty apartment Rooms need some personal touch Towels threadbare No red carpet in corridors as in photographs

The location is excellent and near the Charles Bridge and in the Old City. Is a big apartment The reception staff was very friendly. Very convenient for all sightseeing Places to eat around are excellent and local.

It was a little warm and could have used a fan. To be honest we did not ask for one

Lovely old World charm away from the main road but very close to all the attractions. Wonderful staff! Went above and beyond on more than one occasion

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Small local grocery markets not very close.

I think every room they have is unique. Almost all seem to be nice, except the one we were first assigned. It was separate from the hotel, on a lower level and immediate to the parking area. We were given this room despite having booked 2 1/2 months in advance for a 4 night stay. I gently pointed this out and asked if there was anything they could do, and they kindly moved us to a very nice room beginning on the second night. The room had a wonderful atmosphere. The location of the hotel was excellent. We never even used public transportation, simply walking uphill to the castle district, and across the bridge to the old town. Importantly, it was quiet at night for Prague. The breakfast was excellent and served in a beautiful cellar space.

I couldn´t imagine staying at this hotel longer than 1 night. May be it was because of the room - small, wet, gloomy. There were small things as well: a socket didn't work in a bathroom, so I stayed unshaved, the water didn´t drain properly in the sink.

The location of this hotel is excellent. A staff is perfect. A good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Room very basic, the only mirror was a small one in the bathroom. Could have done with extra sockets.

Great location, 2 minute walk to centre of lesser town and tram stops but tucked away enough to be peaceful. Really pleasant and helpful staff. good selection for breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The young women that checked us in was very rude and completely focused on her phone and seemed annoyed that we were there at all. She gave me the room key and a radio fob to use in the elevator and sent me off, in the rain, on my own, in the dark (the lights were on timers and went out just after she left me alone). I walked into walls and even a broom closet before eventuallly stumbling my way to the room hauling heavy luggage the entire time. The room was old and smelled musty.

The location was amazing with a stunning view of the castle on the hill. The breakfast room was an underground medieval vault. Really beautiful! Breakfast was excellent and the wait staff were very nice.

Browse Hotel Waldstein traveller photo gallery