Reviews of Grandium Prague 5 stars

Politickych veznu 12/913, Prague, 110 00, Czech Republic

#158 of 612 hotels in Prague

• Classic Double or Twin Room

A superb hotel in a good location, where we were made extremely welcome by friendly helpful smiling staff. The room was comfortable and the breakfast delicious.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Constructions on going just outside hotel. Occupied some space for walking.

The location is good. 5 minutes walk to the old town. Also close to national museum and Metro A,C in the other direction. Very friendly staffs. Quick response and friendly smiles. Very clean in room and other places. Bright dining room. Things are in good order. Quiet inside room.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Some of the breakfast was poor quality. Hot Dog sausages instead of a locally sourced decent sausage. Eggs undercooked, whites were runny, a big NO NO.

Great location to city and railway station.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The only part I didn’t like was the check in process. I was standing in front of 4 front desk agent whole supervisor a lady one, didn’t even acknowledge my presence by saying good morning, how may I help you,” instead neither the other 2 regular employee instead they’ve waited til trainee assisted me that made so many errors on my credit and debit card. It is ok that I did not got charged to it but it’s an inconvenience for my side to pay my credit card coz I have to wait until those authorization be released.

I miss my breakfast but I wish I got to experience it. I love location. The hotel trainee did his very best to check me in. People speaks English and I love that especially the staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I was disappointed that you got l’occaine products on arrival after that you had to use the generic squeeze bottles for a 5 star hotel it was poor also no free water you had to buy water from the mini bar

The location was very good

• Classic Double or Twin Room

My friend lost money in his room. (somebody came in the room and stole money from my friend's wallet when my friend was out) How somebody could come in the room? (Somebody who had a card key could come in) Hotel don't know becasue there were no camera on each floor. If you wan to stay in 4 or 5star hotel, I don't recommed you to stay this hotel. Please don't forget to keep your money in safty box.!!! Hotel gave 50% (euro180) discount of room rate to my friend. Thanks for this but I will not stay this hotel again. (FYI, My friend lost euro1000 and US$500)

Location was good

Everything was perfect.

Due to an emergency stay in Prague and the fact it was already midnight, I found the Grandium hotel with a great price offer. Furthermore, it was the only hotel where I could check-in quickly in the city. I did the booking through booking.com and drove to the hotel. The staff was very friendly and provided me the last room they had. I wanted to pay cash, but did not have the total amount in Czech crowns, so I could pay the outstanding value with Euros. It is not normal at some hotels sometimes, but helped me a lot after my long journey and made the experience very comfortable and stressless. Breakfast was included which was just great - huge offer with live piano music. Since I had a very hectic day, the room was just perfect. The bed was very comfortable, I did not sleep that well the last 2 weeks like in the Grandium. It was just a pleasure taking a long shower in the nice bathroom. The room size was big enough, had a comfortable atmosphere and it made me feel happy. The staff at the receiption and in the hotel itself were very friendly. They helped me out with the parking, and even gave me some tips for my further journey. All in all - 10 points (and I'm a bit choosy concerning hotels ;-)) Thank you very much for the lovely stay - I'll consider the hotel again on one of my next trips to Prague.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very smart & comfortable hotel in quiet area. Very modern inside & well looked after. 10-15 minute walk to the old town. Parking next door if theirs is full. Breakfast was comprehensive & even had a piano player one morning. Staff all very helpful too.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The receptionists were not super friendly, but nothing scandalous.

Hotel is very conveniently located to explore the city centre. Room was clean and bed was extremely comfortable. Good breakfast with multiple options.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Staying at Grandium Prague was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. The room was clean and fresh; the staff was extremely helpful. I give many points to the concierge staff for their cheerful and helpful guidance. Value for money was A+.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Comfy bed, lots of pillows, great location and friendly staff. Was a last minute booking due to a flight cancellation and a fantastic choice for the night. Due to later check in was upgraded to a deluxe - even better than i expected!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Prior to our arrival, we were not informed about the extra parking fee which was about 30 eur per night.

Wide choice, excellent breakfast, very comfortable beds, perfect location for visiting Prague.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Beds were a little hard, but manageable.

The room was spacious and accommodated my needs. Personnel were very helpful and always greeted me. Breakfast is outstanding and part of my room price. Right near Wenceslas Square and 3 blocks from the metro.

they charge a bit extra for room service and there were no complimentary water bottles provided in the room.

Room : We booked a junior suite and somehow expected a bigger room size but otherwise, the room was clean with excellent washrooms and basic necessities provided. Breakfast: The spread was great and we had enough options to eat in being vegetarians. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and they helped us fill the water and milk bottles for our 2yr old with some takeaways! Location: The hotel is walking distance from old town center and main train station. Staff: The staff was very courteous and they also helped us with early check-in as we were with a 2yr old.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Couldn’t check in at 3 pm and that was inconvenient. There wasn’t any liquid soap in the bathtub. Had to get our of tub to get the liquid soap by the sink. The location was great and breakfast was very good. Staff was mediocre

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel was very bright and nicely decorated. The room was very comfortable and well appointed. The breakfast was fantastic and my brother and I really enjoyed the man playing the piano in the restaurant was an excellent touch!

• Classic Double or Twin Room with extra bed

The property was fine... just had a minor incident the day before we left. We headed back from the concert hoping to be able to get a sandwich...given that we had checked the day before and they said it was open until 11pm. We arrived at 10.40 and we were told that they couldn't serve us any toasts.. .thought that this was wrong... we tried explaining that on the tables it said until 11pm but they were extremely unhelpful on that occasion.

It was very clean.. .the staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast was great and in general the staff were very conscientious.

-No gym facility

-Nice breakfast with a live piano performance. -Wonderful staff members (didn't really like the attitude of the reception agent named "Roshan" but he was nice enough to provide me early check-in) -Close to Old Town & convenient store -Generous room size -Very close to famous local strip clubs (10mins walk)

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Pillow is not suitable for me..

Just a block from the central main shopping street, great location. There are two small supermarkets nearby, easy to buy some drinks. Breakfast was good, fresh-made omelet was nice. The restaurant that opposite to the hotel is great, food and service were all very good. The pick-up service from the airport to the hotel was helpful, and not expensive, making our tour very easily.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Lot's of construction around hotel, can be noisy and dusty sometimes.

Breakfast was excellent, great choice of food, including glass of sparkling wine! Rooms were good size and clean. Location is very good, less than 5 minutes walk to main station for the Airport Express making journey very convenient, if arrived by plane. Old Town is less then 10 minutes walk, as well as all other main attractions, supermarket is just around the corner!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable room and delicious breakfast. Location was perfect for walking and sightseeing. Very close to the station too. Staff were extremely polite and helpful. The food in the restaurant was excellent.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Hygiene: after the cleaning service left , there was sand and mud in the carpet, they did not really cleans the room. I needed to call reception and ask for the proper cleaning

The bar service was mediocre menu is Horrible I would say you should add some light bites to the menu give peanuts or something to the people there especially that high quality area

Room was very clean very large. Breakfast was excellent And I must say the staff was unbelievable in the Morning at the restaurant

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately during our stay there were some constructions works done somewhere in the hotel and the drilling starting at 9 am was very loud and disturbing

Very clean room, nice breakfast, pleasant staff and very nice location.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was no good soundproofing, netiher through the door to the corridor or between the rooms. Every sound in the corridor could be heard very well. We had a group of friends stying in the next rooms, the first two night. Earplugs were required to sleep. The doors to some of the rooms slammed very loudly.

Good breakfast. Helpful staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The only negative is the waiting time for lifts in the morning after breakfast and at check out.

Excellent breakfast and check in staff were very efficient and helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We did ask for a parking spot in advance even was mentioned it was not necessary and till we were in the hotel reception we weren't aware that the parking was full. The shower was not well finished or maintained and the water was coming out and making the bathroom floor all wet. The furniture did not close well, what is not a big deal, but for the price it is expected a bit more of care.

Breakfast was lovely, workers super nice and location really what for what we intended to do in our stay.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The only minor point I have is the elevator but because there was only one in each end of the hotel you could have to wait up to a few minutes during rush hour and once in the elevator it seemed almost coincidental whether it was going to take you directly to the lobby or go up/down to pick up more passengers for the lift. But this was a very minor inconvenience.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and the staff were always friendly and willing to go above and beyond to assist when planning trips, tours, etc. The bed, bathroom, everything in the hotel room was sophisticated and tidy.

• Classic Double or Twin Room with extra bed

Very friendly staff, warm welcome, rooms were spotless, fab breakfast, restaurant and cocktail bar were lovely too. A quick walk into city centre. No faults!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything was great. The construction was going on right by the hotel, but that did not bother my stay - I could not hear the works.

The staff was so extremely helpful: when I needed to print some documents for my work, when I asked for directions or had other questions - the personnel is really the perk of this hotel. Even when the guests of the hotel were just plain rude the front desk staff still managed to be very professional and nice. The check-in and out was quick and smooth, which I appreciated. The whole hotel just shines when you enter - its the combination of mirrors, marble and gold decorations and it overall looks amazing. The room was clean and comfortable and L'Occitane products were really the cherry on top of it all!

• Deluxe Double Room

The bedrooms were very ordinary. Certainly not 5 star and the beds were uncomfortable foam mattresses.

Breakfast was very good. The lobby and breakfast area were attractive and the admin staff qere excelĺent

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The RUDE check in Manager and the staff at the Reception who are not helpful nor friendly and need training on Customer Setvice. Disliked the twin beds too

Extremely RUDE Manager at the Reception. She needs lessons in Customer Service. Also we were a couple and they gave us a room with twin beds place close to each other which is silly ! However the concereage Manager was very helpful. The breakfast buffet layout was good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Beds have huuuuge pillows, which make it hard for hear to sleep properly. Asked hotel reception if I could get regular 50x60 size as my neck and head hurt from that huge pillow they wrote down my request and forgot about it. Never heard back from them.

Hotel is nicely located with great access to all major sights and transport. Hotel and the rooms are well maintained and clean. There is live piano music at breakfast.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Good location just a short walk to the old square. Hassle free check in, clean and comfortable room, a little small but adequate. Breakfast was fine with plenty of choice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room with extra bed

The location, it’s accessibility and close to Wenceslas square, everything is just round the corner and walkable. The room is clean and comfortable. Had a complimentary proseco for my birthday (thank you Grandium). The staffs were nice and accommodating.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Good choice at breakfast. The luxury in the bedroom. The staff spoke english and were helpful. We were able to store our luggage there as we arrived in the morning. The hotel restaurant looked very interesting, but we had a dinner reservation in the Imperial.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I don´t like air conditition, especially if it is not necesary. Temperature in restaurant was very low for me and my wife. So that had been eating our breakfast in outdoor dress. But, this hotel we use especially for short stay in Prague repetitively due to location

Perfect location, near to the railway station and historic centre of Prague. Hotel has a plenty rooms to quiet court, so you can very comfortably sleep with open window. Restaurant is spaceful. meal is on good level

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location and friendly staff. Bed was very low, pillows were not comfortable and what I didn’t like was that there was not a complimentary water in the room. Normally it doesn’t happen in that class of hotels that there is not even 1 bottle of free water (that is not the matter of money, but a gesture). Lifts are very slow and the corridor was not nice on a second floor and the way to the rooms could be marked more clear.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very fun place. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was well done. Super clean. Large bathrooms with everything you need. The location was perfect especially if you were going by train.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There is no late food, not even a sandwich that you can have after arriving late. Luckily there were some biscuits in the room.

I loved the breakfast food and the fact that the lady from the breakfast let me take a tray with food over to our room, because my husband didn't wake up. Also, I will happily recommend the Thai massage. The girl there is really good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

He noise of the building work but they refunded us money for our room which was very nice of them as a goodwill gesture

Staff were very helpful when we had a few problems so overall very impressed

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel was situated in a central location. The rooms where spacious and clean. The restaurant was lovely and the breakfast was amazing, they had something for everyone

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Not too much of a problem but currently a lot of work going on with hotel extending

Everything was beautiful hotel bedrooms and reception and bar area , breakfast was amazing

• Deluxe Double Room

hot food at breakfast could be kept warmer and TV seemed to be only news channels ( but we weren't there to watch TV anyway so not a big deal really)

room plain but comfortable and well equipped, staff were friendly and welcoming, helpful with the minor problems we incurred and always smiling, and we were there over Easter and came back to find 2 Lindt chocolate Easter bunnies waiting for us which was a nice touch.

• Classic Double or Twin Room with extra bed

In spite of my booking of a double or a king size bed, the hotel conveniently ignored my booking and arranged for 2 single beds. Customer service was lousy - Not sure what booking.com see in this hotel to rate them 5*.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We only had one small issue. During our stay we noticed that the bar area were advertising happy hour between 4pm-7pm on cocktails and other drinks. We decided to go for a drink on our last day whilst waiting for our taxi to arrive to take us to the airport. On arrival, we sat down but no one appeared to acknowledge us or take our order so my husband went to the bar to order. We were told that there was only beer available and no other alcoholic drinks. This would not have been an issue but thought this was strange as happy hour was bein advertised and I particular reduced price cocktails on the door. Just a little thing but other than that our stay was perfect.

On arrival we were offered a free upgrade to a deluxe room which was lovely. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bed was so comfy. The bathroom was very big. We had a perfect nights sleep both nights, we did not hear any noise at all during the night or early morning. The staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to ensure we had a perfect stay. During our stay, a member of staff came to our room and gave us an Easter bunny each for Easter which was a lovely touch. The breakfast was fabulous! So much variety and great quality. One of the best hotel breakfasts we have ever had! The location of the hotel is great. Just a 5 minutes walk from the main train station and around 10/15 minutes to the old town. The hotel is near to many shops, bars and restaurants.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Almost perfect ..they just had one elevator which gets busy during breakfast time.

Good value for money Close proximity to shopping area near the museum and old town area. Good breakfast variety. Room design was modern and size was adequate.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel. Very good location near the main train station and city. Very good breakfast. We had a very nice large comfortable room. Receptionists were very nice and helpful. Wish I could stay longer. I recommend this hotel and if I go back to Prague I will surely book this hotel again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We liked absolutely everything: top location in the centre of Prague, friendly welcoming staff, cosy and comfortable room with a spacious bathroom, very good breakfast! This hotel is highly recommended!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The interiors of the hotel (hallways) were a bit tatty and didn’t match the main entrance/lobby. Could do with smartening up as they looked dated. The bathroom plug wasn’t properly fitted so leaked bath water. Other than that, it was a great stay and I would stay again

Lovely friendly staff. The lobby is very modern, clean and welcoming. The breakfast was great: a good selection of hot food (and veggie friendly), cold meats, salad and cheeses, coffee, juices, cakes, croissants and pastries, fresh fruit and yoghurt and lots of them. Bathroom was big and spotless. Bedroom was spacious and had everything we needed.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel recommends using an independent car park around the corner for secure parking. This is fine, but it was also very expensive - I was quoted 33 euros to park my car there overnight. Fortunately, I was able to find a much cheaper alternative in the city.

Very smart hotel in a good location - within walking distances of all the main sites. Good facilities and great value for money.

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff are exceptional , it was my birthday so they brought a bottle of wine to my room also I was let down by my transfer to the airport so they arranged for one of their drivers to take us. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough . Great location , great room and great choices for breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

- They were renovating a part of the building and you might here some noise, but that really didn't bother us, so nothing to complain.

- Very good location, good services, decent sized room, good breakfast. Very good hotel overall, nothing to complain.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was construction at the hotel, which started at 7:30am. It was very loud and made sit impossible to sleep. Not sure why it started so early, but my room was below the construction and I had to ask the staff twice to ask the contractors to wait a bit so that I could sleep. The breakfast room is a bit small for the size of the hotel. There were queues to get breakfast and people where taking other people's seats etc.

Location was great.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hot food at breakfast was often cold and not cooked (vegetables were hard and scrambled egg was watery)

The pastries, toast and fresh fruit was lovely

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We had a few issues with renovations and noise, but the staff were excellent in sorting this and went out of their way to ensure our stay wasn’t spoiled

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There really was nothing to not like!

Amazing room, amazing view, staff was super friendly and helpful. Our room was beautifully decorated, clean enough to eat off the floors and the bathroom...HUGE! Breakfast buffet was delicious!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was refurbishments going on at the hotel, which meant there was drilling in the mornings. But this wasn't too disruptive.

Big comfy bed. Super choice of food at breakfast. Clean room. Excellent location. The pianist at breakfast was a nice touch.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There is some ongoing construction work which some may find disruptive.

Excellent location - right between the old town and the new, so you get the best of both worlds. Close to metro links. Lots of lovely restaurants nearby. Comfortable beds, large rooms, good variety at breakfast. I very much appreciated the complimentary fruit basket on my birthday. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to a massage!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Upon arrival, We were not made aware of any building Work taking place at the hotel and were awoken each morning at half 8 to the sound of drilling which sounding as if it was next door. On first finding our room we managed to walk into the building area which had no warning signs.

Room itself was perfectly suitable for our sight seeing trip. Breakfast buffet was nice and varied. Location of the hotel was great, not too far from anything.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Small room for 5 stars, with toilet designed "in room". Common breakfast (same each day).

Nice central location, smiling personal, good bed, decent wifi, very good phonic isolation in rooms.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Twin room beds very narrow. Hotel housekeeping/maintenance need to monitor the condition of the mattresses provided. A sloping mattress distracts from the overall experience for a guest & need replacing.

Breakfast provisions were many, an excellent choice. Very good location to Wenceslas Square & the main railway station.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

NOISE AND DRILLING AT THE HOTEL AT 07.30AM DUE TO INSTALLATION OF NEW AIR CONDITIONING UNIT. NO VISIBLE STAFF AT ALL ON THE METRO STATION TO HELP WITH PURCHASING TRAIN TICKETS FROM A MACHINE THAT ONLY TAKES COINS SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CHANGE AS NONE OF THE SHOPS WERE PREPARED TO GIVE CHANGE.

GLASS OF PROSSECCO ON ARRIVAL EACH MORNING FOR BREAKFAST. BREAKFAST VARIETY WAS VERY GOOD. STAFF VERY PLEASANT AND HELPFUL.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Perfect location between main railway station and old Town (both can be reached by 7 minutes walk). Airport bus (AE) takes about 30 minutes to main station (Leaving every half hour in front of Terminal 1 - 60 Krona single to be paid at driver). Friendly and efficient staff. Received a room upgrade. Nice and clean room though personally I prefer not to have carpet flooring. Minor. Breakfast buffet quite good. Mind that this isn't a botique. Expect busloads of fellow travelers.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It was clean, comfortable and the hotel is in a great location. Close to Old Town and 3mins walk to the nearest metro station. Breakfast in the mornings was really good with plenty of choice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Just one tip: - use bigger curtains in the bedrooms, in the morning too much light comes in - also we could hear a lot of noises from the streets

Everything was perfect! Breakfast is very good. It's shame we didn't try the restaurant inside.

Cosmetics are just for 1 day; bad fan; uncomfortable pillows; too many people at breakfast.

Location; cleanliness; good value for money; kettle and tea in the room;bathrobe and slippers.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There were some renovations going on. This didn't effect the room but the in-house spa was in a temporary room - a bit disappointing.

The room was comfortable, clean, and the bathroom was lovely. The location was absolutely amazing - a short walk from everything. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the restaurant for breakfast was very lovely. Would highly recommend.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Restaurant food ok but pricey. Bar area could be more comfortable with more sofas. Rooms needed a coat of paint but bathrooms looked as though they had been updated. Need to fix the broken lift as quite a wait for the lift in the morning from the 7th floor.

Breakfast selection excellent

• Classic Double or Twin Room

To much glass, interior design in general is overdesigned and doesn't create any pleasant atmosphere and the room doesn't satisfy the requirements for 5 star hotel, both spaces, room and bathroom, were too small for 5 stars hotel.

Location & breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately there was works on the air conditioning while we were there and it was a little noisy during the day.

Breakfast was excellent. Rooms were extremely comfortable and clean and it was two minutes walk from the main square. Also 5 minutes walk from the main train/bus station so the Airport Express was excellent. Wi-Fi was very good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Construction on building next door started at 7:45 every morning when they where scheduled to start at 9am. Very, very loud drilling. Our room was a sauna; the heating would not turn down. Several times someone came to fix it. They would spend 1 minute in the room, then say it was fixed, but it wasn’t. We just gave up and couldn’t wait to leave!!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There is building work going on inside the hotel at the moment & it was pretty noisy from early on in the morning, before 9am. Our room (624) wasn’t very well sign posted in all the lifts & quite difficult to locate when we got there.

Room was a good size,with 2 single comfy beds. Choice of food at breakfast was brilliant. All the staff there were friendly & welcoming & always willing to assist.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I would advise to improve on. There are some building works to the property next door but this does not affect the stay at all.

Beautiful hotel in a central location. The rooms are very spacious and modern. All facilities you require are on site. The hotel is immaculate. Staff are most helpful and very approachable. We didn't eat at the restaurant, however we had breakfast included in our stay which was great and plentiful. I hope to return to gorgeous Prague and will be staying at this hotel on my return 😊

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The only negative would be the work starting before 8am (without a warning word from the reception staff).

The restaurant is very good and the room clean and comfortable.

Browse Grandium Prague traveller photo gallery