2. Germany hotel reviews
  3. Berlin Federal State vacation rental reviews
  4. Berlin vacation rental reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel 1A Apartment Berlin

Reviews of Hotel 1A Apartment Berlin This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Milastr. 6, Prenzlauer Berg, 10437 Berlin, Germany

#173 of 433 vacation rentals in Berlin

Based on 511 apartment reviews

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 28, 2019

Nice room and the location was great!

Check in situation was a bit odd. I arrived at 6pm and no one was around. Lucky I had a local SIM card, because the intercom wasn’t working. Once checked in though, all went well!

Nice room and the location was great!

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Location was great, city center is about 10 minutes away.

There was a coffee machine but it was available only in the morning.

Location was great, city center is about 10 minutes away. The bathroom was really small but it was okay. There is a 24/6 open market but be aware it is closed in sunday. Overall it was a quite nice place to stay and I highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

By far the worst place we stayed in, out of the 6 places we stayed in, in Germany and Austria.

Very ugly room with cheap furniture. Not at all the room on the picture we thought we booked. Very noisy with a dog in the room next to us that barked the whole time. No curtains to close to block light and no privacy since we were on the ground floor!! The bed was terrible. I am 1.78m tall and my feet hung over the bed. My husband could not sleep at all.

I liked it when I could leave the property!

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

Great location, nice staff, practical + warm room.

The room was warm, practical for 1 person and it had all the essentials. But they need to improve some details in order to be better.The free towels, for example, although they were clean, they seemed so overused. And also the room and private bathroom were clean, but some surfaces that were not used often were a bit dusty.

Friendly staff, the location (1km from Alexander Platz), right next to the hotel there is a mini market, 100m away from the metro. Free coffee in the lobby all day long.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Amazing rooms with a more amazing location.
    • Quadruple Room

The bathroom it’s pretty small

Amazing rooms with a more amazing location. Lots of caffee shops and restaurants near the hotel. The room was really clean and warm. Totaly gonna come back here when i’m in Berlin.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Loved it!
    • Quadruple Room

There were some children staying as well. We don't mind kids ofcourse but they were very noisy in the mornings. We wish their parents had asked them to be quieter.

It was warm, welcoming and really easy to check-in. Absolutly briliant location! We would definitely stay again. Thanks very much!

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Great Value for money
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

Shower curtain - personal preference!

The host was really helpful on arrival. The room was perfect size and meant that after a long day of travelling and sightseeing we could bring food back and relax.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

Great accommodation
    • Quadruple Room

Well, 1A apartments are great. Apartment was clean, nicely arranged, and with affordable price. Location not too far from Alexanderplatz, connected with U ban, tram and bus. I recommend it to everyone! When I arrive in Berlin again I know where I will book my stay.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Lage gut.

Unfriendly receptionist. The trian was late and the signal for my phone was bad. The receptionist finally came and preached me about working hour in Germany. I wont stay there anymore.

Lage gut. Sauber.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Too small for a family - but i think it's good enogh for Couples / Solo travelers!

Very small room for a family of 4, as well as tiny bathroom (to the level that when you brush your teeth the toilet gets sprinkled..) . in our road trip we had many different apartments, but this was the smallest. Also - there was quite a lot of noise from the street right next to us. And one more very annoying thing - in booking website it says the hotel has free public parking - however, this is not accurate - they just tell you to park in the street (we did) which is free during the night - but in the morning , you need to pay for the parking - this was not told to us in advance - since we weren't there long enough it didn't effect us - but this is something i would expect to know!

This apartment has a great location if you visit Berlin - inside the mitte area. But for us, as a family one day before returning home, we didn't come here to travel - just to spend the night. So we didn't enjoy the location much, and other than that the apartment was quite basic for a family. I guess for Solo travelers or couples, its better suited (though i don't know how the other apartments look like). I can say there is good wifi, and a nice coffee machine as bonus :-)

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Not a place to come back
    • Quadruple Room

Staff was not kind and helpful at all! When I made the reservation I sent an email asking details about the parking. I was told that parking is not a problem and that I will get a parking permit. On arrival, however, I was arrogantly and cynically told that without a level-4 green sticker on the car, we are not allowed to park in the area. In the evening, when we arrived, we could not buy that sticker anyway. Why all these things have not been told in the email? Eventually, we had to find a park house on our own and pay for it. The bathroom is very small and needs to be renovated.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Great location, clean and enough for 4 people.
    • Apartment (4 Adults)

Well, the kitchen was a bit damage and one of the bed was a sofa bed for 2 people in the open plan kitchen. I was expecting more beds.

The location was fantastic, the neighborhood quiet and the house was very clean.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Basic room that was very clean, but the area is a bit rough.

No kettle or drinks-making facilities in the room. Very small and budget bathroom and the shower tended to spray water all over the floor and make a mess. Pretty rough area so don't expect any sights around where your staying, probably best to avoid the nearby parks at night.

A short walk to a metro station down the road and then only 3 stations to the main station 'Alexanderplatz'. Secure metal blinds that you can lower down, so even in a ground floor apartment you can feel secure at night and not worry that people can see inside. Some very good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Alright
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

No WiFi at all in the apartment. The heating didn’t work either. We asked for WiFi and was told it only works in the lobby area (key collection) building which is in different building. No heating worked during our stay unless you take hot shower before bed.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

In all my years staying in hotels (hundreds), I have never...

Coat of paint, maybe. Newer towels? :D This is all ridiculous, though. It was such a great value, so comfortable! I did have a room on the ground floor facing the street, but it was a quiet street, and I have earplugs...

In all my years staying in hotels (hundreds), I have never felt more welcome. The gentleman who brought the keys was an absolute delight. I felt like he was truly happy that I was there. This is not necessary - but it was certainly heartwarming! The room was larger than I expected, with high ceilings and a nice decor. The bed was extremely comfortable and also larger than I expected (I might have lucked out!). Fantastic location in a hip, safe neighborhood filled with iconic places to visit, restaurants, bars (Prenzlauer Berg). Excellent connection to all sorts of public transportation.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Very good size of appartment, superb location and clean.
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

No wifi, bathroom very small and very noisy street at night and in the morning. We had a ground floor appartment facing the street and since no aircon the windows had to be open (very warm summer).

Very good size of appartment, superb location and clean.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Good apartment, but no internet and cable TV
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

The location, near U-Bahn and a 24h supermarket. The apartment was big enough.

The location, near U-Bahn and a 24h supermarket. The apartment was big enough.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

We enjoyed our stay in Berlin and the accommodation added a lot to the feeling.
    • Quadruple Room

Comfortable beds, neat cleanliness, towels, ground floor, armchairs and chairs, huge pillows, smart an easy lock system, great environment with very easy reach to transport food and shopping.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Enjoyable stay.
    • Quadruple Room

Very small bathroom not ideal for 3 people and coffee machine was rarely working.

Clean apartment and in good location close to a supermarket, also there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance and good transport links.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The apartment was in a good location with a 24hour shop at...

No air con. I happened to be in Berlin when Europe was experiencing some very nice summer weather. Unfortunately there was no air con in the apartment. I would recommend the owner to invest in even just a fan for the summer months.

The apartment was in a good location with a 24hour shop at the end of the road and plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. The host was exceptionally friendly and helpful, he really was a pleasure to meet.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Good location near a station that's 3 stops away from...

wifi didn't work, and would it kill you to fork out for some proper pillows? Sort it out!

Good location near a station that's 3 stops away from Alexanderplatz which is one of the main stations that gets you connected to all the sites. Its also near Mauerpark which is lovely. The apartment is basic but comfy (aside from the pillows which were deflated beanbags. Bed is comfy and bathroom is spot on.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

great location and value for money!
    • Quadruple Room

the pillows were too soft but i guess that's just... the norm?

The apartment was at a great location - right across the street from a 24hr supermarket, and along the main road fantastic cafes, restaurants and the most amazing bakeries that open really early for breakfast. there was no ac within the room but because we were sheltered from direct sunlight, the room was always very cool. we booked two different accomodations for two parts of our time in berlin - the apartment and the room. both looked exactly like photos. the apartment had a very, very well-equipped kitchen which was just fantastic and we were also very pleased to find a mini fridge even in the smaller room after! for the price in this area of berlin it was really value for money. would definitely go back again.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

The room was big and clean and there are good restaurants...
    • Quadruple Room

Our room was just across a bar and it can get noisy at wee hours of the morning.

The room was big and clean and there are good restaurants around the area and several convenience store. It is about 10mins away from the nearest station.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

The room is pleasant and spacious, stylish and well equipped.

The night was cool (though daytime had been warm), and the heating in the room was not working, so I was cold at night - the bedding provided was inadequate and there were no extra blankets - I had to wear a sweater and socks in bed to get to sleep. It would be very useful to have specific directions given in the room confirmation on how to get to this place. (But this is true of most booking.com reservations I have made. The maps are usually pathetically inadequate, especially as regards public transport.)

The room is pleasant and spacious, stylish and well equipped. Check in was easy - the intercom connected us with our host and he gave us the code to enter the building and find the room. We never actually met him. The room is a 5-minute walk from the Eberswasser Str. station on the U-bahn (but see negative comment below regarding directions). From there only a few minutes to the centre. Coffee machine in lobby.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Loved the place, will definitely consider coming back.

The coffee machine in the lobby only worked on my first evening there, though if I'd notified somebody they would have probably fixed it.

The location was great, both for my purposes (I was attending a concert at a venue that was within walking distance) and in general, very easy to reach via public transport, right next to an U-bahn station. The property was clean and cosy and inviting, and the host was easy to reach and communicate with. Checking in and out was really simple and convenient. The room was really comfortable and nice. There was a coffee machine in the lobby that was free to use, and there was also hot water available, which I appreciated as a tea drinker.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

It was a great weekend in Berlin :)

If you drive here by car you need green eco vignette to come here and park your car in the street. You have to obtain it before arrival.

Very nice and helpful staff. Big room with enough privacy. Quiet and safe area of Berlin. A stone's throw from U-Bahn station.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Very pleasant stay, would book this again.
    • Quadruple Room

The street parking with a hotel provided parking pass was unexpected but it worked out ok.

Check in was very convenient, even though we checked in after hours. Public transit was very close, as was a 24-hour grocery store. Great shopping nearby and lots of restaurants too.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

It is OK if you need to stay for one night

The room is on the main floor with an enormous window on the street and the walls are in cardboard: VERY NOISY! The bed is uncomfortable. No microwave (only a tiny wine cooler big enough for a yogourt). No access to the heating system in the room: it was a bit cold.

The location is great! We love Prenzlauerberg: great food, great shops and not too touristy. It is also very easy to visit the city from there. Easy access with public transport. Near a grocery store.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Will definitely be back
    • Quadruple Room

The main door facing the street did not always close properly by itself.

A good and safe place to stay near metro, pram, shops, cafes, take away etc. Lovely neighbourhood. Hotel staff very helpfull when needed. The iron was not working, and later the same day, it was replaced. I also had a technical issues with the tv and within 5 minutes of calling they were there to sort it out. Be aware that the supermarket on the corner is open Monday to Saturday but closed Sundays as most things in Germany. I stayed here because I was studying at GLS Sprachschule in Berlin, it was 10 minutes away by foot. Perfect! Food very cheap in Berlin, that includes restaurants and take aways.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Anonymous comfy stay

Good place to stay anonymously. Super calm to sleep. Close to Alexanderplatz and to some good restaurants, though not super central. Upon ringing, someone came within 5 minutes to hanover the key and get the payment. The single room was smaller than on the pictures but well equipped with hairdryer and ironing board (though you need to bring your own soap). There is a 24/7 shop right across the road. If you are looking for interaction and ambiance, this is not your place. But if you are fine alone in a big city, then this is great.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

Staff were abrupt and not nice, though this could have been...

Staff were abrupt and not nice, though this could have been due to their limited English. Fridge in room is just a small beer/wine fridge not really big enough for food. Not very secure when rooms are being cleaned.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Good location and fair price in a fun part of Berlin

The picture of the room on Booking was not the same as the room we received. You could argue the room description was the same as we received but the photo was very misleading.

Close to the subway and lots of restaurants in the area. Coffee machine in the registration area was great.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

The apartment was amazing value in a great location.
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

The shower was mouldy and the shower curtain needs replacing.

The apartment was amazing value in a great location. It was very spacious and the kitchenette very clean. We needed help with a hot plate and the owner came the next morning to sort it.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Nice room but we we were disappointed that we couldn’t use WiFi in our room.
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

WiFi didn’t reach our room. Room was advertised as having WiFi. To use WiFi we had to go to the lobby in another building, in the rain...kitchen was well equipped but a microwave would have been a nice addition because there was no oven.

Plenty of space for three. Kitchen/dining in a separate room. Quiet street. 24 hour Grocery store on corner. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Close to transportation.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

The location is good.
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

I booked the apartment which looked like a place on two levels with one room on each level. In other words a property with two rooms. However when we got there we were told that the stairs to the upper level are not working (?) and we need to use only the down level. So we got only one room for 3 persons which was not convenient. I paid for 2 rooms and got only 1. I could book something else for that money. Something cosier and cleaner! Another thing - we checked in at 10pm and should pay extra money for each hour after 8pm. This was missing in the venue description. The explanation was that they are not hotel. Why are you calling your venue Hotel 1A then?

The location is good.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Easy booking, good location.
    • Apartment (4 Adults)

There was a slight damp smell. It wasn't quite as good as the photos.

The location was great. host was welcoming. Apartment was clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Incredible Value in Fabulous Prenzlauer Berg!!

Wouldn't change a thing!!

Stayed in room 4, right off of reception. No issues whatsoever with noise. Very secure building and safe area for a solo woman. Greeted warmly and efficiently by staff member Rolf. Check-in and debit payment was a breeze. Room was clean and comfortable with a nice little mini fridge to keep snacks fresh. You cannot beat this location - supermarket on the corner (Rewe), situated between 2 metro stations, direct S9 bahn from Schönefeld airport (40 mins). If you travelled with liquid restrictions and need to stock up on arrival, there's a lovely Rossman drugstore just down the road. Prenzlauer Berg is beyond charming with its unique shops, restaurants and bars. So atmospheric for a first-timer to Berlin. U2 bahn will get you to the heart of the tourist district in minutes. I can't say enough about how fantastic my stay was, thank you and I will be back!!!

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Wouldn't stay there again

The bathroom was really, really small so that the sink was in your way when you sat on the toilet and the bathroom needed an upgrade.

Beds were fine and location convenient to public transportation

• Reviewed: August 17, 2017

Good choice
    • Quadruple Room

I have reserved a room for 4 people, instead I got a room for 2 . The bathroom was not great but it was clean. The mini-fridge was not working properly (we had cold beers after one day)

Great location, metro station at 4 min away. 24 h open (excepting Sunday) supermarket near the apartment. Nice host, free coffee and candies at the reception.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

Ground floor nightmare !

Ground floor room, a lot of noise from the street and from inside the building. I had been told I would get a room on a high floor, and the receptionist had no intent to accomodate my request. He was certainly not welcoming...

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

Very nice location.

The toilet is really too small!!!! The wifi is not always working well

Very nice location..only 3 min to metro station and to bars and restaurants The room is big and clean

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

Great stay

The host was very nice. I actually got to talk to him for a while and I really enjoyed our conversations. The room was a perfect size for the price and the bathroom was clean and a nice size. The neighborhood was really great. You're right in the middle of everything but it still stays quiet at night. A nice 24-hour supermarket is right next door. About a 5 minute walk to the train station.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2017

Excellent location, friendly host. A few things need to be taken better care of.
    • Quadruple Room

The room was booked for 3 people and the host was not aware of this so the third bed was not prepared in time. We had to wait 30 minutes in the lobby while this was taken care of. The toilet is incredibly small. The washbasin was leaking which got worse during the day and water was spilling on to the floor. We used the floor towels which were provided and both were totally wet. The next day we asked the host to fix it and he did so by the time we arrived in the evening. However the wet floor towels were simply stacked on the side and not removed. The bottom of the shower curtain was unclean with a bit of mould growing.

The host was really nice and friendly. He fixed up the wash basin in the toilet as soon as we complained. Coffee was free with a voluntary donation of 30 cents. Location was excellent. Key collection was relatively straightforward. You need to press the button for the reception and the host receives the call and tells you the code to get into the property and wait in the lobby. He arrived within five minutes. Despite the cons, I would definitely consider this again because it was a really great deal.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

The location is quite good with 5 minutes walking to tram...
    • Quadruple Room

The temperature in the room is quite low and i cannot find where is the air conditioner. The Wifi was not that good neither and the bathroom is shabby with very loud noise.

The location is quite good with 5 minutes walking to tram and subway station. However, for picking up the key, you have to wait for a while if you don't arrive at the time you have staff in the room. The room is quite big, and also the bed.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

The room was very confortable and the manager very kind,very...

The room was very confortable and the manager very kind,very beautiful please to stay and enjoy Berlin.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

Best thing was the location.
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

Uncomfortable pillows. Needed more toilet paper.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

Comfortable and quiet, close to bars and cafes.

Comfortable, spacious room, close to several types of public transport. Key pick-up was easy.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

i recommend that place for sure.

bathroom a bit cold

i recommend that place for sure.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Reception attitude

Very limited facilities

Reception attitude

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Everything you need

Owner is very friendly and helpful. Clean, modern and central. I was positively suprised how large the apartment was, in this central location.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

not satisfactory

host was not helpful, no dental kit, no soap heating was low,

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

The people there are very friendly and helpful.

The people there are very friendly and helpful. The place is very good and clean. The location is amazing. I recommend this place for anyone.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Big room

2 single duvets on a double bed. Small bathroom No reception desk

Big room Great location for shops & transport Luggage storage

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Book with confidence!

100% Perfect!

Met on arrival, comfortable room. Loads of extras included. AMAZING SHOWER. Location easy to get to with plenty food choices around.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Decent Hotel..if you like spiders
    • Quadruple Room

The shower was a nest of spiders, not small ones, but big ones. Very disappointing.

The room itself was okay, and the location was great.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

The location is good 1 min from the tram stop.
    • Apartment (4 Adults)

The location is good 1 min from the tram stop.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Decent place as described, nothing fancy, but okey for a night.

It was small and simple, but for one night for a cheap price, it was enough.

Check-in was super smooth, even when I arrived early.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Excellent double room/flat, for Berlin standards!

Careful: late check-in after 8PM costs extra

Excellent double room/flat, for Berlin standards!

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Good room

Street is a little bit noisy.

Nice and clean room. Good place.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Beds were good

Room was quite dark

Beds were good

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

The owner was a really nice guy!

The owner was a really nice guy! 😊

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Just ok.

Next to the road, noisy. No kitchen.

Nil

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Great property, stylish yet simple
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

Screaming child upstairs but nowt anyone can do about that

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Rooms were large and clean.
    • Quadruple Room

Rooms were large and clean. We got a parking spot just near the apartment and the host was very friendly and helpful. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Fantastic

Nothing8

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

The internet DOES NOT work in the room.
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

The internet DOES NOT work in the room. You must go to a separate building to access it. BIG ANNOYANCE!

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Great place, fantastic host.
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

Host was very friendly and accommodating. I would book this accommodation again.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Excellent staff very helpful very clean rooms good location

Excellent staff very helpful very clean rooms good location

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Stylish, large apartment in the perfect location for us.
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

If WiFi is super inportant, you can use it in the front rooms.

Stylish, large apartment in the perfect location for us. A great find.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Easy access

Nice big room and a powerful shower.

Easy access

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Everything was excellent .

Everything was excellent .price too good for what the hotel is providing.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Clean spacious

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Vintage but comfortable and well furnished
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

Nothing in particular, I only wish I had a bathtub instead of a shower.

Vintage but comfortable and well furnished

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Friendly and helpful staff.

Pillows were awfully uncomfortable

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms with huge windows. Perfect location and beautiful surroundings.

We Price Match