Reviews of Aparion Apartments Leipzig Family

#190 of 245 Holiday rentals in Leipzig

Based on 228 apartment reviews

6.1

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

warm comfortable apartment in a perfect location in Leipzig
    • Apartment

There was nothing I didn't like.

It was very spacious with a bedroom, large sitting room/ dining room, toilet with shower and another small room where you could store luggage / bikes/ buggies. But the location was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

the attitude of the staff.
    • Apartment

noise the first night from the bar street below (depends on room)

the attitude of the staff. Our room was right above a bar street so it was very noisy until midnight that we had trouble falling asleep the first evening. But the staff was lovely when we reported the problem and immediately helped us to switch to a room that was much more quiet.

The apartment was ok.
    • Apartment

1. Apartment was not cleaned throughout my stay. 2. Internet worked only for 2 days throughout my stay in the apartment. 3. I was cut off from communication . 4. There was no staff available for enquiries. 5. No staff available to attend to foreign guests with language issues.

The apartment was ok.

5.5
    Great locatin, not a great room
    • Apartment

I was initially booked into another of their apartments quite a way from the office, with an entrance at the back of the building with garbage bins etc and as a singe woman who would be coming back late at night I felt very uncomfortable about that location. When I eventually found the office to check in - not easy for someone not familiar with Leipzig I asked if there was another apartment in another location such as where the office is - I was told that there was one room with 3 single beds available - probably should have looked at it as I was in Leipzig for 7 days but agreed to take that as a substitute for what I had booked was an apartment not a single room. The room was just adequate - small, no microwave and kitchen facilities basic at best - had to chase up a range of cleaning etc as well as a hair dryer and toaster. No comfortable seating just a couple of very hard chairs - no bedside table or lamp - that is very, very basic - but I stayed for the location.

The location was very good with a supermarket down stairs.

Highly recommended!
    • Apartment

Minor downside: strange smell on the floor hall(1st floor), although fresh air inside the apartment.

Very good bed in my apartment. Excellent position of the apartment, right in the city center. Really friendly and helpful host. Silent area during evening/night. Spacious apartment and very well equipped.

Highly recommend!
    • Apartment

The wifi in the apartments is not very strong.

The room is extra big and clean. The location is perfect! The receptionist is very helpful and patient! We strongly recommend this apartment not only for leisure but also for business.

Perfect city Center location, no frills, clean and easy access
    • Apartment

The apartment it a bit utilitarian and really needs a ‘welcome pack’ of information covering public transport, city sites, and simple things like an explanation of where to hand your keys back at check out and what the wireless code is - a simple folder of tourist info and a basic welcome pack would improve the experience no end

Perfect central location to the city Center and within walking distance of the main station and public transport facilities - if you are looking for the perfect city Center place to stay this may well be it.

Great location, large: 50m2. Bit dirty and with some demages (floor, furniture).
    • Apartment

some damages to the floors, tiny bath, dirt under bedroom bed, broken sofa in the living. Too much street light at night.

Location and space available.

Problems with WIFI
    • Apartment

When I arrive to apartment, WIFi didn't work. I call them, and they immediately give me another apartment. But I must go back to office, to change keys, and than back to new location.

Apartment was very big. Location in hart of city.

Pleasant apartment in a convenient location.
    • Apartment

The only problem I found was that it was quite noisy at night time due to traffic from the nearby road and noise from the Irish bar downstairs - though I do live in a quiet are area and am generally quite a light sleeper, so might not be such an issue for others who are not so noise sensitive.

Very convenient location in the centre of Leipzig. Clean and well equipped apartment.

spacious apartment in an excellent Old Town location
    • Apartment

weak internet connection; a small table in the kitchen and some cloak hooks or basic furniture in the wardrobe space might be an asset

spacious apartment in an excellent Old Town location

Great Leipzig Accomodation but beware the two locations if after hours arrival
    • Apartment

It's easy to mistake the two different Aparion aprtments in central Leipzig as they are only 5 minutes apart and the same key code gets you into both buildings for the after hours registration process which issues your keycard. On ringing the afterhours number, the manager Beatrice was marvellous and rebooked us into the location we had wrongly rocked up to at 12:30 am once we figured out what had happened but be forewarned and don't make our mistake after a long journey and arriving in the dark.

Adequate DDR Recycling in the Heart of the City
    • Apartment

This would be good if you had kitchen supplies with you and intended to stay for a week. Unclear check-in (offsite) made for travel over distance with luggage. Could be brighter. Noisy bar under windows made for a loud bed time. Lift nearest apartment was not in service.

Location. Sizeable.

Excellent location in the very centre, ideal to visit the city
    • Apartment

I would have appreciated something more in the bathroom (some more place, for example, to put our toiletries...). Also, some clothes hangers in the entrance would have been useful.

The position is excellent, in the very centre of the city. The apartment was quite large, we were four people (two children) and we had no space problem. A small storage room was also available... The furniture was a bit essential, but anyway, we had everything we need. We could also prepare some food using the kitchen, the fridge and the stove were working well. The point for key collection was very well indicated, despite what I had read on booking. There we got also very clear indications on how to reach the apartment. I would definitely come back here in case I go back to Leipzig.

Convenient apartment, good value for money.
    • Apartment

Lighting in the apartment - very gloomy. Equipment for the kitchen was very sparse.

Great location. Helpful receptionist who kept our luggage for us on the afternoon we left. Bathroom.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The rooms are large.
    • Apartment

The wi-fi connection speed could have been better. The tv could have had a wider range of international channels.

The rooms are large. The building is quiet and warm. Central position, very close to the old city hall building and to the train station. Every appliance is provided.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Good location, no internet
    • Apartment

There was no connetion on wifi at all, no access to internet. Automatic check in was working, however we were not given a receipt of the payment or password or any other informoation, there was no personal staff on the reception desk all our stay and noone response our emails. Ktchen was nice, but not very well equiped (just cups, a few plates, one pot) :(

Great location, large rooms, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The worst hotel I have ever stayed to.
    • Apartment

There is no reception to guide you upon your arrival. The reception is located 2 streets away from the apartments but without a GPS or speaking German, you will have a hard time finding it. You come accross a machine, where you have to input your credit card in order to pay and then you receive your key. The appartment was clean upon my arrival. At least it seemed so. But during my stay there (5 nights) nobody at all entered the room to clean it or change the bedsheets and towels. Actually there were no bedsheets, just one blanket on each bed. Thank god there were 2 single beds in the apartment so I used the towels and blankets from both and I managed to make it through my stay with those available on my arrival. There was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom. I had to go and buy by myself. Untill then I used the washing soap for the dishes which I was able to find in the kitchen. There was no trash can in the bathroom. Towels were small. Pillows were old and extremelly soft. I had a hard time having a comfortable sleep on them. Blocks were detached from the floor as I walked on them as u can see in the photo . As a friend of mine told me later, there are in general no bathroom cans in Germany. But when you have a hotel, you have to be able to service your guest's customs and not your own. In general, this is for sure the worst hotel/appartment I have ever stayed to. It is extremelly over priced with no breakfast, no wifi in the room and nobody to clean it when you are absent. Avoid it by all means. There are much better hotels in the region.

Good location, 5-10 minute walk to Augustus Plaz which is the center of the city and 5 minute walk to the central train station (Leipzig HBF). The airport is a 20-minute trip by train from there. Warm room. Warm water always available.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great location close to many attractions & a large...
    • Apartment

Sterile apartment (but very clean).

Great location close to many attractions & a large shopping center. Multiple cafes for breakfast within a 5 minute walk, friendly Irish pub downstairs. Arriving after check-in not an issue. Called the office and got instructions for the self-service machine.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Never come here again
    • Apartment

They offer an apartment with internet (wifi) and definitely it was not true , i was there 7 days and the internet doesn't work 4 it was a crappy internet ... and the receptionist didn't pay attention to my complaint...

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

We waited for the door to open for an hour in -1°C !
    • Apartment

Ther was no soap, no shampoo. Jalousie was dusty und stove was dirty. The bed und pillow was not comfortable. But the worst thing was that the apartment door was not opened when we arrived at 02.00 p.m. We waited for 1 hour und my 5 years-old-child got very cold. We call the staff but he didn't opened the ring und so the door for a long time. That was terrible!

The apartment was closed the city center. The bed clothes were not dirty.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Perfect location and possibility to park your car almost...
    • Apartment

It was bloody hard to find my apartment first, cause I've booked an item on Reichstrasse but there is just a living residence and no sign about Aparion. I tried to call the reception by phone but there was no answer, so I was desperate :)

Perfect location and possibility to park your car almost near the bed. Very quiet apartment despite the central location.

Great location in the heart of the city.

No free parking

Great location in the heart of the city. Spacious and clean

No frills appartment, but if your looking for something cheap & clean. Then you could do a lot worse
    • Apartment

Kettle was broken. Bathroom had Mold on the ceiling.

Very Central. Low Price.

Poor
    • Apartment

The entrance, way of check-in, no internet service!

excellent location!
    • Apartment

venue for collection of keys could have been highlighted on the booking form

excellent location!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Heart of Leipzig
    • Apartment

Non German speakers should appreciate that this is not run by a multi-lingual organisation.

Excellent location and value for money.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Excellent location
    • Apartment

Wi fi doesn't work. the staff should explain the check in procedure beforehand. reception is two roads away, working hours very limited.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great apt
    • Apartment

Member of staff on duty would've been nice

Location is perfect

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Good location large apartment with basic facilities

Machine login might be a bit of a problem if there is an issue. Worked for me at 12midnite but saw a couple having problems at 11 am next morning. They had to wait until 4pm for the office opened

Good location large apartment with basic facilities

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Apart from two little issues it had been perfect for a short...

We had massive problems with the offered Wifi. It did work just in the kitchen. And it would have been nice, if anyone could have mentioned that I have to pay the full amount at the beginning to pick up the keys. Apart from that it was good.

Apart from two little issues it had been perfect for a short stay with friends.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

Wifi didn't work at all, only in the building. When i got there there was not even an information about the password. The reception is only working(in another location, but you won't have internet to find it...)few hours per day, contrarily to what they say (you will need to call again to know when because it's very random). If you arrive when the reception is closed you need to call to access to a machine check in (if you are a foreign you will need to pay a lot for the call). They didn't help me at all, I also asked for a iron machine, they told me they will bring it the day after and they didn't. Please DO NOT chose this place. the room were clean but there is a bad smell in the building. NOT worth it at all for the money you pay...

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Huge big apartment great location and excellent value for...

Only drawback was the Wifi didnt work and when i rang reception she told me it did work but i work in Communications and there was no signal going to the router so we were never going to get Wifi and i see online everyone else had the same problem

Huge big apartment great location and excellent value for money

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Central location

We were accommodated in the City apartments instead of the booked Family apartments. No reason was given for the change. It was clean and warm, but had no sitting room, which the Family apartments had advertised, and the tiny kitchenette had none of the equipment listed (we obtained a kettle by asking, but there was no toaster, dishcloth, tea towel, etc., all of which was listed on the wall as being provided).

Central location

• Reviewed: 6 December 2015

we were in the very centre of the town;

no internet whatsoever; even after I called the reception, they did not even try to do anything about it, because simply the apartments are not connected to any local server. A suggestion to connect to maxspot, free internet in Germany brings nothing, as the signal is not strong enough to be received in the rooms; the information on the hotel webpage about internet accessibility should be taken off.

we were in the very centre of the town; spatious apartments, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 18 November 2015

The price is lower than the nearest hotels in the centre.

Had very bad experience. First, had problems to find the apartment, the entrance is in the back of the building and it was quite dark, scary and no people around walking. The entrance was closed and no people at the reception. The instructions attached on the door were only in German and some two numbers. Tried to call the apartment but no success. Although I dont speak German I read in the instructions that I need to go to some other place to pick-up the key. Went there but it was closed, again, with instructions written in German only. Tried to call again 10 times to the apartment but again no success. Then I called to the Booking.com support service three times, but no success to contact someone from the apartment. I also sent them email. After 1 week still no response or sorry. At the end I had to book other, quite expensive place since I had to sleep somewhere. In overall, I'm very disappointed and I wont recommend stay in this apartments.

The price is lower than the nearest hotels in the centre. But still not that cheap. Around 100 EUR for 2 nights

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

The property is right in the center of the city attraction.

The Interieur is some kind of depression; ask the stuff members about the awful floor and lamps, furniture arrangement, they said the owner have had an designer! Forget it! No breakfast; do it yourself!

The property is right in the center of the city attraction.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

This was a very private place with lots of space and I felt...

I had a difficult time finding the actual office part of this facility. When I got to the place listed at the address, there was a machine to automatically give the key, but it didn't work and I wandered for quite a while before finding the place to check in and then had to walk back to the apartment. Also, the internet was poor.

This was a very private place with lots of space and I felt like I could have stayed for a long time.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

The flat we got was really big, spacious and comfortable,...

I had some problems with the contact with the staff - couldn't call them. There was no one at the reception either, which at some points was confusing.

The flat we got was really big, spacious and comfortable, There was everything one could need, especially for such a short stay as ours. Good localization, good price. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

the location of the apartments are very good

Staff was not able to explain in english where the hotel is located.You collect the keys from a different location than the hotel. No wifi available in the room .

the location of the apartments are very good

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Location- right in the city centre withing walking distance...

No free wifi. Would have had to go to another building in another street to sign up and pay. Also, only had 2 chairs for dining table and 2 drinking glasses, but there were 3 of us... Kitchen equipment adequate for breakfast but limited for cooking dinner.

Location- right in the city centre withing walking distance of railway station, sights, restaurants, shops etc. Cleanliness of flat and linen/towels. Seeing the inside of a GDR "Plattenbau" (concrete slab apartment block) - always wanted to know what they're like: lovely flat, well refurbished!

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

The location of property is excellent - parking for car was...

There were no instructions in english on how to gain enterance into apartments. From the website it infers there is a reception - this is incorrect. Times were given when it is open - we arrived within these times to find a locked door and a self service vending machine inside the foyer, only by luck did we gain entry.When I called the help phone number only german was spoken - useless!

The location of property is excellent - parking for car was good.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

We were moved from our booked family apartment to another building. This building had new hotel rooms with kitchenettes but was an active building site - builders walking around, holes in the ceiling, drilling early in the morning, wires hanging out of walls. We lost all the expected amenities and wifi of our booking. The staff tried to move us from room to room but no room was similar to the one we had booked. We were very unhappy that it took up half a day of our time reviewing rooms, sorting out our own wifi access and waiting for 24hrs to repair the hob in the room. They had given our apartment to someone else even though it was booked 2 months earlier. They still took the same payment for the room when it was not a 1 bedroom apartment.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

The automated check-in procedure is fun!

There is no wifi, contrary to what is said in the description. Reception desk is two roads away from the apartment.

The automated check-in procedure is fun! Plenty of room, in the center of Leipzig.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2015

Kitchen very dirty, flour Need to be cleaned, there are no king beds only small separate beds (was not announced in Hotel details, but also they offer it when it is not available)

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Location in the middel of the center, affordable parking...

Wifi hardly available, living room very empty, no atmosphere though spacious

Location in the middel of the center, affordable parking available

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

Internet does NOT work

Internet does NOT work

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

Staying at the centre of the city

Staying at the centre of the city Lift Warm and light apartment Good price Surrounded by churches and music

• Reviewed: 7 December 2015

The location was excellent.

One of the beds collapsed and was broken. Had to sleep on settee. Bed linen, duvet and pillow very poor.

The location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Everything worked.

We did not have any contact with the staff and did not get a Wifi password.

Everything worked.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Free Wifi didn't work, staff at reception no help at all...

Free Wifi didn't work, staff at reception no help at all in even finding out why.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Location in heart of city

wifi not working

Location in heart of city

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

Location was convinient, but shady entrance;

No soap, no free internet, no real TV, no hairdryer.

Location was convinient, but shady entrance; good for the money with nonexcistent wifi!

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.