Reviews of Aal-Kate

Schmiedestr. 55, 42279 Wuppertal, Germany

#33 of 37 hotels in Wuppertal

5.7

Internet really bad. Very complicated and rigid registration procedure - yet, after registration, I didn't succeed in connecting to internet, though I'm a professional.

Room ok, service ok, breakfast ok, price ok (doubleroom 2 pers. incl.breakfast 62€)

• Apartment

We found the automated check-in difficult. We had to enter the password several times before it was recognised. And there was no-one around to help. We were also surprised to find that builders were in doing renovations. We had not been warned about this. The smell of drying plaster pervaded the whole building. The rooms were adequate but the w/c and shower were incredibly cramped.

The accommodation was ideal for our particular trip. Elsewhere three people staying for one night would have been twice the price. There was a good range of choice for the breakfast, and it was fascinating to discover they smoke their own fish on the premises.

• Apartment

Lots of noise from the road if windows are open. Really small shower and WC. No WiFi.

Big and clean room, nice bed and excellent breakfast. Close to highway.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Small basic room but you get what you pay for!

I needed a cheap place to stay for a weekend and this was very good value. Breakfast was excellent and, if you like fish, the attached restaurant is great. Rooms are a bit old but it was clean. Very close to Ikea and if you do not have a car then the bus is a good option from the train station Oberbarmen to Ikea, then a short walk to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

The room facilities are a little dated, but perfectly adequate bearing in mind the price, clean and functioning.

Helpful and friendly staff. The breakfast was excellent with good choice and added bonus of eggs and smoked salmon a plenty

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

automatic key collection on back door unable to read all instructions in German & had to get help from another guest as it was all locked up 7.00pm

very good size room & room clean & good value

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Wifi was terrible. Provided by a third party provider that you had to log in to. It was virtually unusable because it was so painfully slow. The smell in the common areas was unusual to say the least !

Breakfast was great, room though dated was clean. Great to have a fridge in the room.

Wlan did not work Personal should have more attention to the customers!

Wlan did not work!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The hotel rooms are not traditional or nostalgic but old equipment, dated towels etc

Fish restaurant next door

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

price up extra 50% due to a tradefair in Dusseldorf, crazy!! no info on free WIFI

clean room, great breakfast, good parking

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

We left too soon 😓

Everything. A home away from home

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Chech in; cleaning; not wi fi

Nimic, very sad

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Apartment

Good place and very good breakfast!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

No English speaking

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Bad internet connection., too slow and unstable. Old-fashioned, worn decor, including sheets, towels. Bathroom was literally a closet with hardly any room to move. Our impression was that they weren't really interested in the hotel part of the business. (I think they could do quite well if they modernized a bit, since the restaurant draws a lot of people and was one of the reasons we thought we could give it a try.)

Good breakfast. Clean. Offerings at restaurant were fantastic and restaurant seemed to be very popular.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

Even if I announced them that arrive late around 00.00-01.00 night and they said everything is ok. Put number of.booking and take the key from my room,when I arrived everything was closed,no box for key nothing,I sleeped in my car, I was very disappointed!!!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

The hotel is located close to the high way so you wont have any green view from your room, but for us was ok as we needed to drive by the surrounding areas. Our room was big and cosy ,bed and pillows were not super but we could sleep good and our baby loved his baby cot. Hotel provides breakfast and it is really good, we enjoy the smoked salmon! The Hotel has a seafood restaurant next to it, we love it.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

1 my room was very, very noisy. because Traffic nearby becomes busy, starts very early and is quite disturbing. 2 The person who received me was entirely unable to tell me how to connect to Internet, one of the services the hotel offers 3 the bed was of quite poor quality, quite unacceptably uncomfortable for me

1 Personnel I spoke to were kind 2 there was a small refrigerator in the room 3 the breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

Internet connection is terrible -- absolutely useless (average ping 2-3s, and package drop frequency around 30%). It's not a fault of WLAN signal, but the hotel's internet service provider. The furniture is very old.

Price, service (breakfast), tidiness.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

When I arrive there is no one there. Then they try to change my room to a cheaper down grade when I objected I got better but still not what I had booked and they don't take visa debit

Leaving

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Nearest road junction closed .

Warm welcome and nice clean rooms . Great breakfast .

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

Restaurant closed at 10pm

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Hard to find

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Room a little small with a tiny, but adequate bathroom

Fun fish restaurant - self service - unusual?

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Aal-Kate traveller photo gallery