Reviews of Adele Designhotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Greifswalder Straße 227, 10405 Berlin, Germany

#377 of 597 hotels in Berlin

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great location and rooms are very comfortable and clean.
    • Comfort Double Room

First of all my credit card was charged for the stay 12h before our arrival ALTHOUGH we were supposed to pay in cash at the property and the reservation was also made for paying at the property. I wasn't event contact to be asked prior to the charge if the charge from CC is okay. As I was traveling for work, of course that charging my CC was not okay especially as this was not announced prior to the charge. Than the second bad customer service experience came when I was asking for invoice for the stay. The reception is first of all open only from 9h to 18h which is completely inconvenience when you are there for work- my working hours were same as reception working hours, as it is for 90% of people. Therefor I had to call reception 2 times and send an email in order to receive the invoice. First time I called I was told I should send an email to them and they will create and issue the invoice with address I needed on it. I did as requested and no information came back that the invoice will wait for me in my room. Than I called for the second time where another person pick up and he wasn't aware that I called previously and from his comments I realized that they even didn't read the email I sent them and he was asking me to tell him again the company address I needed on the invoice. Long story short- when I came back I found the invoice in my room with WRONG address on it (although I've sent an email and again repeated the address on the phone). Complete disaster, enormous customer effort to be invested for a very poor service!

Great location and rooms are very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Strange place...
    • Suite

The daylight reaching the rooms of the suite on the ground floor was scarce, even at 11:am with sunny blue skies above. The dark red / black / grey decoration probably doesn't help... The whole thing was rather of depressing, in a David Lynch sort of way :-) iPod docking station didn't work and the wifi password was incorrect. Pretty impersonal feeling due to absence of receptionists from 18:00 onward.

Everything was very clean and despite previous comments, the bed was comfortable. The location is good; within 5 minutes walk you are more or less anywhere you want to be (Alex, Kollwitzplatz, Friedrichshain parc...). The instructions to get the keys were clear and accurate.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

As a summary, this is *not* a design hotel. The furniture and lights are neither chic nor do they g
    • Comfort Double Room

* The cleaning. There was hairballs from the old guest when we arrived which we pointed out and it was dealt with later on. The furniture though are old and there were stains on the chairs, giving the feeling of staying in a hostel rather than a design hotel. * The Stereo weren't working. Maybe we didn't figure out how to turn it out, but the reception weren't staffed when we found out and never bothered to mail/phone the staff. * There was a broken light in the bathroom which blinked at random times. This was pointed out and weren't fixed during our stay. * The rooms are VERY noisy. If not from traffic and people on the way to the clubs, then the noise will be from other residents in the building. The hotel does its business in the same building that has apartments and our room was below a family with small children that was very eary risers. I.e. forget about having a full night's sleep here. * When the above were pointed out to the staff, I don't think it was handled very well and the guy at the reception went in full defensive mode. It could have been handled much more professionally.

* Location is very central * The rooms and toilets are spacious * Decent standard in badrooms.

We booked the cheapest room and got upgraded to a huge...
    • Comfort Double Room

The cleaning lady forgot to put linen on my blanket and pillow and no one was there when I arrived during the night, but I called the owner and he was very sorry and gave us a free breakfast for our inconveniences.

We booked the cheapest room and got upgraded to a huge apartment with living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom! Pure luxury!

Hotel or rooms for rental??

No reception before 7:30AM and after 9:00PM, no possibility to have breakfast before 7:30AM. No services available in the same time window. No large bath towels available in the room. Poor soundproofing and noisy wooden floor. Poor cleanliness of the hotel entrance and stairs.

Location, room style and largeness, some other detail

The cleaning staff were friendly and did a great job.
    • Comfort Double Room

Our room wasn't ready almost two hours after check in time and the receptionist was unfriendly, he didn't even apologise or later helped with the luggage. The room was inconvenient for two people, the queensized bed was positioned so close to the window that they couldn't fit a second bedside table and once the curtains were closed, it was impossible to leave the bed on that side. There were cracks on the bathroom wall and one of the neon tubes was broken, so that the bathroom remained quite dark. The towels looked old and were coming apart, they definitely need to be replaced. However, we were still lucky not to have accepted a bedroom which wasn't even ensuite. After all this is not supposed to be a hostel.

The cleaning staff were friendly and did a great job.

Would not stay here again.
    • Suite

The floors and bedspreads were visibly dirty.

Convenient location, between Prenzlauerberg and Alexanderplatz. But in hindsight I would rather have stayed somewhere closer to one or the other. It is nice that the hotel has rental bikes available right at the reception desk.

Location and nice small property with nice big and very...

I am starting to doubt if I come back to the hotel ; the only reason would be the bed which is not comfortable. A pity because I love the hotel.

Location and nice small property with nice big and very clean rooms. Nice breakfast place next door.

okay for one night stay!
    • Comfort Double Room

the room was ok, the lights in the bathroom are very dim to see, and the bed was not very comfortable. all in all it was ok for one day stay.

location was good.

Affordable stay

Clean and in central location but pictures a little deceptive. Reception was friend lay except young guy on door on arrival didn't offer any help with bags or instructions about town said there's a map there you can take and that's about it...

I would recommend this hotel.
    • Comfort Double Room

Babies nearby crying in the morning but the hotel can't do anything about that. It's not in "the happening" part of Prenzlauerberg as we hoped so we had a 10 - 15 minute walk each night for dinner.

Transit is close by. Room and bathroom nicely refurbished. Staff are pleasant to deal with. Good value.

It was an average stay at the Adele.

The bedding was confusing. I had a Queen bad with no top sheet. One pillow, a single duvet folded and bunched in the middle and a fur thing over the top? Also, the towels were quite small and not soft. And water in the room was not refreshed during my stay. I had the same half full bottle for 6 days.

I feel that for what I paid I would have had a better quality of room and conditions. It was fair but not great.

Nice weekend in home atmosphere
    • Suite

The layout of the aparment was very strange: open bathroom in the middle, toilet at the very end and kitchenette in a bedroom.

Apartment for 3 persons was quite big and very nice decorated. It had separate entrance and was situated on a quiet side of the building. We could park our car very close on the street. Breakfast was good.

NO A/C an it was not stated at resevation

NO A/C an it was not stated at resevation No safe in my room No fridge in my room Very noisy location, early morning construction and at night pubs and restaurants with people laughing and screaming and couldn't close the window with no A/C. I paid 7 euro a day for a street parking and being well parked I got a Ticket !!! No receptionist at night. It costs like a full 4 or 5 star hotel and it isn't even a 2 star!!!! I want a refund !!!

Central and convenient.
    • Family Suite

No lift, so be prepared to carry your bag. Some noise from neighbors, as the hotel is in a residential building.

Family suite was good for traveling with children. Close to public transport. Staff really friendly.

Quiet neighborhood, nice and large bathroom with a bathtub,...

The room itself was not as large as it shoud appear from photos. A little bit far from U-Bahn/S-Bahn but still in reach.

Quiet neighborhood, nice and large bathroom with a bathtub, we appreciated iphone docking station, comfy bed, kind and charming staff.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Several details not quite at the level of price
    • Comfort Double Room

Many small things were not in the place. Wifi was unreliable both in my room and the breakfast place, to the extent of not being usable. The breakfast by a cafe downstairs had some hopefully passing problems to serve the breakfast in time at 7 in the morning. The noise insulation in my room facing the street nearly worked, but not perfectly. Smell of sewer in the bathroom. Still the price was in the high end compared to my experience of the last 5 weeks.

The bed and bathroom were good. Overall atmosphere is good, service feels personal and room was small but cozy.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

I'd never recommend it.
    • Comfort Double Room

-When we got to the hotel 19.00 nobody was on the reception so we had to call from our phone and wait for the receptionist to come. At first he was trying to explain me how to get insaid the building and room alone, it was hard and an expensive long call. -The bathroom was outside the room, like in a hostel, and it was tiny so the toilet was soaking after a shower. No privacy. -I needed a comb at 8am and went to ask the receptionist. He said housekeeping would not arrive till 9am and he didn't have keys for accessing the room where these kind of amenities are.

The building is great and the room is nice and cosy.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Lovely hotel in a great area
    • Comfort Double Room

Small detail but the cleaning staff forgot to refill the coffee and tea bags on our room every day

Great breakfast with very friendly and helpfull staff

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

• Double Room with Private External Bathroom

Eveyrhing

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Handy location and cool hotel
    • Double Room with Private External Bathroom

Separate bathroom was not explained when booking

Handy location and cool hotel

went there for effing, was not dissapointed

went there for effing, was not dissapointed

Great coffee and breakfast kind staff good quality

Great coffee and breakfast kind staff good quality

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, very clean and cosy...
    • Comfort Double Room

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, very clean and cosy rooms, excellent value for money

Good shower

Old interieur, not a design hotel as described

Good shower

Reasonably central hotel which gets the basics right. Great room and friendly staff

No parking

Friendly staff; no fuss approach . Easy to get to on the local tram network.

Would not stay there again
    • Comfort Double Room

Noise room, No elevator (had to carry the bags upstairs) The room was dusty and the shower made water go everywhere!

Yoga studio across the street

The largest room we stayed in while in Germany.

No air conditioning

The largest room we stayed in while in Germany. A short walk to a hip neighborhood. Excellent Pizza downstairs.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great localization
    • Comfort Double Room

I loved the place and the localization. I recommend it both for single and for couples.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Enjoyable stay at the Adele.
    • Comfort Double Room

Soaps and coffe/ tea sachets weren't replenished.

Large room was comfortable and quiet. Staff were helpful and pleasant. Excellent bathroom.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

A bit Hard bed and very few (flat) pillows otherweise- Super!
    • Comfort Double Room

A bit Hard bed and very few (flat) pillows otherweise- Super!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Bed extra comfy, large rooms (suite), bathroom/shower...

Maybe decoration/furnishing was not my best choice, because quite dark, but that's not a problem, as we were just in our suite to sleep, always outside for the whole day.

Bed extra comfy, large rooms (suite), bathroom/shower very clean, staff really nice, not far from the center, really close to tram stop . Everying was much more better than expected.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Incredibly friendly staff and helpful, docking station was a...

No minifridge (or option of chilling in hotel fridge) or cleaning when requested, pillows uncomfortable

Incredibly friendly staff and helpful, docking station was a great addition with the design of room

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

The location of the hotel is very good, close to nice...

The WiFi was not working very well. There was no coffee and tea facility in the room, which we missed.

The location of the hotel is very good, close to nice restaurants and little shops. The room and bathroom are modern and stylisch .

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Topp service

Dark room with little light. Little light trough windows at ground floor. Bad air in the room, damp, fungus-like smell. Smell from the backyard with trash/garbadge

Topp service Good breakfast with super coffee Possibility to have my hired bike inside the room at street floor

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Rooms are quite stylish, unusual, but nice.

There was a light which was always on, unless you switched off all lights with a main switch, but that also disables the plugs. They also tried to collect the full payment even before arrival, which is highly unusual and not in line with terms & conditions of booking.com according the reservation I made. Might have been a mistake, but still it gives very bad vibrations. No food service in the evening.

Rooms are quite stylish, unusual, but nice.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Staff were excellent and very helpful with tips for getting...

Staff were excellent and very helpful with tips for getting around Berlin by public transport. Good location with easy access to transport. Nice cosy room and great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

We really enjoyed the location of the hotel.

The wifi was very, very unreliable. We had to continuously reset the router, which never helped for very long. There is no hot water kettle in the room for making tea or coffee.

We really enjoyed the location of the hotel. It was very easy to get to from the airport and in walking distance to many great restaurants, cafes, and the less "touristy" areas of Berlin. It was, however, also very easy to access the more traditional places to visit when in Berlin. The breakfast was fine--nothing amazing, but adequate (bread, cheeses and meats, hard boiled eggs, yogurt with granola and muesli, fruit), but they had very nice coffee. The room was not very big, but it was comfortable with modern furnishings.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2015

The staff was very nice and always helpful.

The internet service was terrible. Not just slow, but at times non-existent. Hopefully they will be able to find a solution soon.

The staff was very nice and always helpful. The room was very comfortable, well designed and very clean.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Friendly and helpful staff.

No mini bar or tea and coffee making facilities.

Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Friendly staff, awesome room, excellent value for money.

Friendly staff, awesome room, excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Comfy bed, very helpful staff.

Stairs!!!!

Comfy bed, very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Very relaxed and friendly.

Very relaxed and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

Interesting old stairs

Announced design of the hotel was represented by a wallpaper instead of an uphosltery and by a statue of a jumping jaguar.

Interesting old stairs

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

Small and cosy

A long way from the centre. No bar.

Small and cosy

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Nicely decorated rooms, very nice and personal staff, a...

Nicely decorated rooms, very nice and personal staff, a quiet breakfast environment, and very close to a tram-stop.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

The staff was very nice.

The staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

Great greeting from friendly and very helpful staff.

Great greeting from friendly and very helpful staff. Great room. Very good hot chocolate at breakfast and fresh fruit salad.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.