Reviews of Hotel zum Adler This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Lindenallee 2 / Saalburgstraße 160, 61350 Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Germany

#23 of 24 hotels in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe

5.9

5.3

Very bad service!
    • Apartment

We checked in at 2 Pm and left immediately to visit friends. Came back just before 8 PM hoping to see World Cup-game Germany-Sweden on the TV. Turned out we didn't have any channels at all. On the TV it just said that nothing was installed and we couldn't find a solution. We also discovered that there were no bulbs in the bedside lamps. On Saturdays, the reception close at 7 PM but there are some telephone-numbers that you can call. I called the first number and explained the problem. The reply was just "The reception is closed and I can't help you". So with no TV I went to a nearby grocery store where I could buy two bulbs, for 8 Euro in total, so at least we could read in the evening. On Sunday morning I went to the reception and explained the problem. The receptionist came to the apartment but couldn't do anything with the TV. She said she would call the boss. I also asked for reimbursement for the bulbs. When we came back in the evening the TV still didn't work. When we checked out on Monday morning the same woman that tried to help us on Sunday worked. She said that they hadn't fixed the TV because the boss doesn't work on Sundays (she talked in German so I could have missed something in the explanation) and when it came to the bulbs they were not going to reimburse since they have plenty of spare bulbs at the hotel. We were not happy with the service and the attitude! If you book an apartment, be aware of the cleaning fee of 10 Euro/person which adds quite a lot to the total price, especially if you have a short stay.

Supersoft beds, small toilet, cold non smiling staff but ok for quick stop and a short rest

Non smiling staff, night staff did not forward info about our breakfast to morning staff... Price was higher than advertised on booking.com

Near autobahn, staff came to open after normal hours, (but did not confirm this before by email)

The bed was alright.

We had booked a 3 bedroom, which was confirmed. They did not have one available actually. Asked the 3 of us to wait in a twin bedroom until the additional bed arrives. The twin bedroom was tiny and we wondered how the third bed would fit. After 30 min the guy arrived and said one of us had to move to a single room. The staff was not friendly, not particularly welcoming. The twin room was at the top floor which was baking hot due to summer, so could not sleep well. Breakfast was overpriced so did not opt for it. Room wasn't prepared well. Towels were missing, which were provided only after asking. Bathroom was missing soap, shampoo etc. The staircase was dusty and not clean. The free parking was narrow and tight and limited to just 5 cars, out of which one place was used by the guy at the reception to park his own car. Wouldn't recommend to anyone unless left with no choice.

The bed was alright. Free parking.

Cosy comfortable place well located

Room was 3 flights up .Check out was very early at 10 and not possible to wait in hotel.

bed was excellent ,,,,the boiled eggs at breakfast was a lovely treat ,Very close to supermarket and town is walking distance .Nice to wake up to a chorus of birdsong

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Good location, nice stuff, some rennovation needed

I was satisfied with my room, but my colleague who is taller and had the same kind of room as mine (at the highest floor) had almost no place to straighten up ;) so if you are taller than 1,7m choose the room on the lower floor. Also, I had no place for plug in in the bathroom. The hair dryer was there, but how can I use my streightener/curling iron without a place to plug it in? And the mirror was in the bathroom... The ramp for shower was broken so I had to keep the handshower in one hand all the time what made the time of the shower much longer (especially because there was no shelve for cosmetics so in one hand the handshower and in second shampoo...). Last thing, someone forgot to clean a part of my room - the shelve next to the working desk. I had a plastic part of box after a salad, with mayonnaise on it.

Personel was helpful, location was good, nice restaurant very close to the hotel, shops located nearly. Perhaps all the problems I had with my room will not appear if I get a room located on the other floor - I could see that lower floors were just being rennovated but mine not.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

POOR HOTEL

- Location is far from Train Station - Not convenient - No Service by Hotel - No good Cleaning - Very Poor Hotel - Price is very high and does not match the value of the hotel

I like nothing in the hotel

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The worst hotel experience in my life.

The hotel needs to advertise everywhere in CAPITAL letters that after 9p.m. there is going to be NO member of any of the staff!! It was the worst hotel experience in my life.

We came at 11p.m. The hotel was open,.but NOONE was at the reception or anywhere at the hotel. So we waited and walked around and then left and had to sleep in the car.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great access to the Taunus area and plenty of green!

I was disappointed that wifi access and breakfast cost additional fees--Part of the reason I booked there was because I thought they were included in the price. Also, noisy neighbors meant I had to sleep with ear plugs.

The bed was comfortable and the bedding was lovely. The fellow at reception was extremely friendly and made me feel very welcome. I did appreciate that there was a convenient place to park my vehicle.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

I wouldn't go back here.

The hotel is really dated. We had to walk up two flights of stairs (no elevator), room was small, shower room tiny, breakfast room small. This hotel is more like a boarding house than a hotel.

The young man at the reception was very friendly, helpful and spoke good English. There's a small Italian restaurant nearby which is excellent. The Laternenfest (3-5 sep) in Bad Homburg was fun. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

one night stand

Actual location is different than it is in Google map. Lack of information on arrival: concierge was off duty and no written notice left for us. I had to call and speak with a person with limited English. Wi-Fi didn't work properly.

Location is convenient

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Problematic...

Wanna a free hotel ? - hotel Adler is for you. We arrived and there was nobody on the reception. All 3 phones were not answering. No paper sign or any evidence that we were welcomed was left for us. There were several open rooms left, still not cleaned from previous stayers. Only with help of Booking.com were we able to make the receptionist call us. Internet for 2 EUR was as well terrible. Actually was not possible to use it at all because of frequent disconnects.

Croissants were present

Friendly staff

Internet is not free

Friendly staff

No towels,dirty room

No towels,dirty room

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Some noise from the road and the neighbours within the hotel.

Some noise from the road and the neighbours within the hotel. The walls must be thin.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Hotel is under construction

What can I say - the hole Hotel was under construction - perhaps in the future it will be better - but ...

Somebody tried to come in my room at 3:00am & woke me up

Somebody tried to come in my room at 3:00am & woke me up

• Reviewed: 2 December 2015

A ton of outlets in the room--no taking turns to charge...

Their listing with Booking claimed--in its first sentence-- "this hotel offers rich breakfast buffets, bright rooms, and a bowling alley." Nope. No bowling alley. At all. My 8-year-old was disappointed, since we'd highlighted that feature en route. The hotel's response? "Sorry for the misunderstanding." Um, this wasn't a misunderstanding; this was misrepresentation (which he blamed on booking.com, saying they're the ones who write the descriptions and he has no control--I'd have to call them). Also, Not a rich breakfast buffet. Not even close. (I'm posting a picture of the entire buffet. It should be noted that it was a cheap breakfast cost and I was fine with it, but calling it "rich" just added to the misrepresentation I feel the hotel committed.) Oh--and no one was there for check-in. Their hours said 1500. We were there a little before. He showed up around 1525. He was t there during posted checkout hours, either. We just left the key on a shelf by the office door.

A ton of outlets in the room--no taking turns to charge devices.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

Despite the hot weather and number of stairs, the room was...

Would have liked access to the internet, however this wasn't offered on booking in (we were 30 minutes late due to traffic delays). It would appear that the receptionist was waiting for us and then went, giving not opportunity to ask later.

Despite the hot weather and number of stairs, the room was very nice. A fan would have been nice, but it is accepted that this weather is not the norm here as it is in Australia!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2015

One room only

The reaktion of the maneger at Telefon. To. Say my opinion about the room the reaktionärer was very Bad heute say werden are 2 Stern hotel not five Star

One room only

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Good breakfast for 6 euro

Basic room, but good enough.

Good breakfast for 6 euro

• Reviewed: 11 March 2016

Nice location.

Nice location. Easy to find.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Wi-fi connection quality

TV Reception services

Wi-fi connection quality

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Only German TV channels, there could be at least news...

Only German TV channels, there could be at least news channels in English. Only 1h wi-fi for free.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

Nice old style Hotel.

Nice old style Hotel. No Hotel bar, but nice restaurants (like Pizzeria) close by. Small , but good breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2015

Excellent Staff

Excellent Staff

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel zum Adler traveller photo gallery