Reviews of The Aga's Hotel Berlin This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Rhinstr. 42, Lichtenberg, 12681 Berlin, Germany

#447 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Price, location, good room and bed.

There was wrong information about the breakfast in the room - saying breakfast would be available until11. When we came down a very Rude person from the kitchen told us breakfast is over and that the information on the board was correct. After sending us away the receptionist helped us out and we got some leftovers

Price, location, good room and bed. We were able to get into our room early - the guy at the reception was very friendly

I think I`ll return to that hotel.

A very nice hotel in a residential area nearby Tierpark Berlin. The S-Bahn station is just a few minutes` walk away & with the outstanding Berlin public transport you can go everywhere in a short time.

The hotel is really calm and very clean.
    • Family Room

Noise outside can be really dramatic (if you windows go to the road side); otherwise, there is no fresh air in the room. And also the room seems like it was not a hotel rather hostel..

The hotel is really calm and very clean. Shower and towels are also clean and neat.

Basic hotel, good value for the money
    • Family Room

The furnishings and physical structure of the hotel are quite outdated. The room doesn't have any airconditioning, so it may not be very comfortable during warm days.

The hotel had all the basic amenities and the staff was friendly and hospitable. They immediately answered our requests. Breakfast wasn't so bad. The room itself is clean and relatively well-maintained. It was quite close to public transport so getting into the city was easy.

Clean and cosy, but too warm and noisy.

No air condition, so opened windows on a really busy road, including tram. No real coffee, just liquid from a heated tank.

I chose this Hotel because it was close to the place where I had business at. The water pressure in the shower was superb.

Everything you need

Functional and central Aga's Hotel is not in a particularly pretty place, but that's not what I was looking for.

Big room, Wi-Fi, restaurant in house, friendly staff, lots of choices for breakfast (try the eggs).

The price
    • Family Suite

Very very basic, uncomfortable beds, broken shower head. Located far from the center. We reserved 2 nights but left after one night as it was not good enough by our standards

The price

Was OK for 2 nights, then found bedbugs in my room. Hostile manager.

- Bedbugs! On my last day a bed linen change brought in a pillow from which bedbugs started crawling out. Small, large, most of them already blood-engorged (from other guests I suppose)... - when I've reported this at reception, a group of other tourists overheard our conversation. Then a manager (owners son, as I've later learned) proceeded to: accuse Polish guests for bringning them in, threaten me with authorities and dismissal from hotel for not speaking with him in private about his little bug problem. - for the record, other receptionist provided me with a new room, and apologized for the mess, and for the managers actions.

- location: the property was close to a S-Bahn station, - brekafasts: nice

The double bed was actually two twins with a big sheet over...

Hot water was sometimes an issue. The water is there before about 1030, but after this time, it all seems to have been used and both the taps and the shower either run cold or not at all. Likewise despite there being a safe in the room, I wasn't able to use it, due to it not working.

The double bed was actually two twins with a big sheet over then, but as I was travelling alone that was not a problem. The top floor had a strange cabbage smell but that disappeared as you went into the room; again, no problem. Despite being a little way out, the hotel is very close to both tram and S-bahn stations, so transport is not an issue. Despite being in an area which seems quite industrial, it is generally speaking quiet, although I was in a room on the rear of the building. The staff were pleasant and helpful whenever I spoke to them; checkout and check in were both simple and quick.

Best cost vs. benefit ever in Berlin!
    • Family Suite

They got a bit confused with the late checkout we had for being Genius at Booking.com but at the end everything worked out.

We booked a family room for 05 and got really surprised with the huge apartment with 02 bedrooms and nice bathroom. Would easily fit 08 and the price was unbelivable good specially for a last minute reservation. The location is also good as it is close to a station.

5 of us stayed in a Family Suite.
    • Family Suite

The view was not very nice from our room, but this was not important for us.

5 of us stayed in a Family Suite. It was really big, would be enough for 8 people. It was comfortable and clean, we enjoyed our stay.

Don't expect 'frills' but you will get a clean & comfortable room at a good £.
    • Family Room

Price was very reasonable. Location was okay for exploring the city via the extremely accessible and efficient public transport. The hotel was quiet, clean & comfortable enough for a city break base. The shower was excellent!

Good value for money!
    • Family Suite

Close to the S-bahn. Close to the supermarket. Family suite is spacious. Although the hotel is near an industrial area it was very quiet. Friendly staff.

Friendly, well located high quality hotel

The staff were outstanding. They were welcoming and friendly and very helpful. The room was very comfortable and clean and the whole hotel was as you would wish. The food and bar were very good. The location was great with a 3 minute walk to the Sbahn. Great value for money. Easy parking. Why stay anywhere else?

Overall good experience

The hotel was clean and cosy itself and the staff were helpful. However, the wifi did not work up in my room. It wouldnt connect, when I went down to the reception it connected but as soon as I would get upstairs to my room it would disconnect and not connect again. I had to use my data own data for three days which was not fair because free wifi was supposed to be included. The room and bathroom were clean and looked quite inviting. It was a dissapointment however that the room didnt have a kettle as I am a frequent tea drinker and to buy tea is way to expensive. However this was not promised anyway so I cant complain for assuming that it would be available. Another factor which turned out too costly for me was that I needed a plug to put my English adaptors on charge, in the past, every hotel would lend this to me but here this was not possible and I had to purchase it for £10. I believe that this should be available to borrow. Overall good experience.

Recommended!

Really nice place, the room was perfectly clean and just like on the pictures. Very good quality/price ratio for Berlin. WiFi good be a bit faster, but still it was very good compared to other Berlin hotels.

Didn’t get room I booked and paid for but good location and family friendly
    • Family Suite

Didn’t get family suite as booked - instead given family room with extra bed. Told suite was an upgrade which is not true, I booked and paid for it! Had to go through booking.com to get a refund of difference between room rates but apart from that offered no compensation.

Location pretty good only a few mins from s-bahn, family friendly, staff generally good

Roomy for family of 6!
    • Six-Bed Room

I did not like the location. We were there only a short time and it seemed out of the way for any of the tourist spots.

It was a nice place for our family of six to stay in one room. The room was large but, pretty sterile. We are from the US and so our expectations are different than what much of Europe offers. The staff was nice and helpful, the room was clean but, it was not a place I would relax in. Come, sleep and leave- which is what we did because, of our schedule and I would stay there again for that purpose.

-everything was nice

-everything was nice -amazing blue and spacious bathroom -big room and comfy bed -walking distance to S-Bahn station and easy to get to the center by S bahn

Don't recommend.

I spent 2 nights in this hotel. It was really loud during night, so I couldnt sleep. I was before really important marathon. Unfortunately music was very loud -it was wedding below me! Shower was cold, lack of hot water.

Great value for money;
    • Family Room

As budget hotel, some things look old and cheap but generally everything is fine; Rooms are small but functional, I missed a refrigerator and maybe some utensils.

Great value for money; Just 5 mins walking from the S-Bahn station; Comfortable beds and good sleep quality; Suitable for families with kids, and they have promos like all-you-can-eat buffet.

Good stop on your way

no airconditioners

Good place to stay when you are for one night with the family and friends in Berlin and when you are by car. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.

When we returned the room was opened and when we're...
    • Family Room

When we returned the room was opened and when we're speaking with Herr Amin he told us no one entered your room and we asked him who return the cable of telfone of our room becauseTelfone was not working and we speaked with room service to change telefone or cable

An excellent choice for a family trip to Berlin
    • Family Suite

The bathroom ceiling (just when it meets the wall, over the shower) has some mildew (at this stage it should be easy to remove). If the bathroom had brighter lighting, the cleaning staff would probably notice it. The bathroom door seems substandard, which is surprising, as the quality of the remaining equipment in the room feels good.

The hotel is located within a three minutes' walk from an S-Bahn station, around which there are numerous shops, including two supermarkets, pharmacies and fast-food restaurants. The S-Bahn lines (5, 7 and 75) are Berlin's main lines (though at the time of our visit some sections were under repairs, so it wasn't as convenient as it could). The parking is right in front of the hotel, and for a very reasonable price of EUR 7 per 24 hours. The staff (I spoke to two ladies) are very friendly and efficient. The 5-people family suite we booked is very spacious, with two separate rooms, each of which has a different door key card. Each room (although one is smaller than the other) has a king-size bed and a bunk bed (a great feature if you travel with kids), giving a lot of flexibility when arranging sleeping. The windows face a seemingly busy street, but, to my surprise, it wasn't noisy, even though it was raining whole night (usually the noise is much heavier in such weather). The bathroom was spacious as well, and the hair dryer didn't require your hand to go numb to be operated (as in most hotels nowadays). I did ask about the kettle at the reception and it was not available (somebody borrowed it first), but we could easily get boiling water in the hotel restaurant (the receptionist suggested it, and I'm grateful for that).

We will never come back and I wouldn't´t recommend this hotel to anyone. Not worth the money.

The rooms where different then on the picture. No double bed like booked. No hairdryer or telephone in the room like the description said. Bad internet connection. And the hotel even managed to through away some personal items (make-up, ..) when cleaning the room while we were still checked inn for a few more days!

Fair priced and clean
    • Family Suite

We returned to our room one evening and none of the overhead lights worked in the rooms we were in. We were able to figure out that the outlets still worked and used a couple lamps to light basically in order to dress and use the bathroom. The staff at the desk tried to be helpful but was new and unfamiliar with other options/solutions and no compensation or real apologies for issues encountered.

The hotel provided the basic amenities. The room was spacious and had adequate furniture for sleeping and for lounging. The hotel offered laundry services, parking options on site and on site restaurant. Staff was friendly.

You get what you pay for.

The location of the hotel is not an "easy issue". It is literally in the middle of nowhere, the rear room windows look at an awful construction site. The room was ok, some renovation needed here and there, and the bed cushions were the most unconfortable thing I have ever slept on. They were 0.5m long "giants" that crush your neck.

Simple hotel, the price is realistic, for a short stay no problem.

Rooms in the family suite were very spacious.
    • Family Suite

There was a bit of mold in the shower.

Rooms in the family suite were very spacious. The staff did everything possible to ensure we were comfortable and well taken care of. The restaurant was nice and the food was tasty. Service was slow, but not any slower than most restaurants I've been to in Germany, however, considering the dining room was packed with other guests and a soccer team, service was relatively quick given those circumstances. The variety at breakfast was great, offering both cold cuts and cheeses and warm and cold Mediterranean foods in addition to a variety of breads, cereal, and eggs (boiled and scrambled). My family and I thought it was worth the cost and the staff was quick to refill anything that was running low. Checkout was fast and efficient as it should be.

Good value for the money

The hotel it is surrounded by gardens and are no restaurants, shops near by.

The hotel it is located 5 min walking from S-bahn station, hotel staff it is very nice and helpful. Parking it is possible in front of the hotel and cost 7 euro/day. The rooms are big, well equipped and clean. Overall I recommend the hotel.

Last Resort It Will Do

Parking was a nightmare first night found a spot, after that it was impossible to get a spot and had to speak with hotel about where to park. The cleaners opened the door to the room granted we did not have the sign on the door but the fact they still came in was not good. I was actually half naked on the bed. The smell of fake flowers in the lobby why!!!

The hotel room was big, the bed was an actual double. Not one of those where they stick two singles mattresses together. Bathroom tiles were blue very nice and the room was facing the front so could see the Berlin Tower. The train station is a 5/10 min walk.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Never again

Check-in was disastrous (chaotic, unfriendly staff, only German speaking) Tables for breakfast were not cleaned from evening before Construction site next to hotel - noisy! Absolut highlight: additional room was charged, which was not booked & used and hotel's management does not see the mistake from their side.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Rating reflects total discontent that a 3 star hotel would...

Cold during night, no proper heating - got sick.

Rating reflects total discontent that a 3 star hotel would not have heat in the room during cold nights.

Good accommodation a bit betther than in most Hostels
    • Comfort Double Room

Trash on emergency exit., Room was occupied before by an smoker and smelled accordingly. Staff always tries to sell the most parts ("I would not recommend to take the upgrade for the room as half-pension, I would recommend take a la carte").

Room was reasonable Big and well equiped. Everything looked as expected. Receiption and check-in and check-out was without any problems. Workers were friendly. Parking spaces and connections are really good.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Super
    • Family Room

Games room more updated please

Lovely and great staff,really enjoyed our stay, breakfast was o.k, but it was clean and staff were amazing , great value

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Perfect hotel

Payment. I cannot understand the extra fee only to use my card. Based on my bank sms the transfer was immediately done.

Liked the building, nice and clean and silent room. Kind people. Good connection (Near to s-bahn)

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Never more
    • Family Room

1.The hotel is at the end of the city. 2.I was asked 9 euro to park the car in front of the hotel. I judge that that kind of parking would have to be free, as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere, and the owner would have to offer the parking and thanking that still exist guests that visit the hotel. 3.One girl of the staff was rude. I was asked if I want to pay with credit card. I agreed, and while I started to tip the pin code of the credit card, I noticed that the amount of money was higher than the agreed one. I asked explanations. I was accused to be guilty, as I didn't read that among the many things that they have on the desk of the reception, there was a paper written in small letters, where they say that if you pay with credit card, you will be overcharged of some percent. So a tourist, who probably travelled hundreds and hundreds kms to get in Berlin, tired of the trip, would have to be mentally fresh to read even that info, while filling the registration form at the check in. I reacted badly and unpolitely too. In a first moment I thought it was missing of organization. After calming down, I realized that probably everything is done on purpose. Even if the room could be ok to sleep, is against my nature to go back in places where the staff is unpolite.

The room was ok, though small.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Staff were helpful.
    • Family Suite

Shower was a little unreliable. Sometimes hot, sometimes not.

Staff were helpful. Family room was a generous size. S-Bahn station was just down the road. Car parking facility was useful too.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Cheap Berlin trip for a group of friends? Only this accomodation!
    • Family Suite

Weak wi-fi, rooms would require some maintenance, but it's still perfect for the price.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great location (close to an S-Bahnhof) and ideal value for money.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Nice
    • Six-Bed Room

We had some issues with the invoice diring a check in. Staff at the reception refused to issue the invoice with the company details. Check out was splendid on the highest level.

Everything was fine. Close to the train staition.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Ok for weekend trip

On the begging, wifi wasn't working in the room. It was fixed latter, but the signal is quite poor.

Very nice staff, near to the S Bahn station, calm and quiet.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Hotel looks very posh entrance and reception with granite...

No English TV channels even no pay TV facility. No coffee/ tea making facilities in the room. No global plug adapters /USB in the hotel

Hotel looks very posh entrance and reception with granite tiles surface. Bedroom & Bathroom were fine & tidy. Very friendly hotel staffs. Good WiFi.

The staff were all extremely helpfull.
    • Comfort Double Room

A bit remote area, but next to an S-bahn station with a direct connection to the Alexanderplatz. I missed the bacon at breakfast, but apart from the fact that they don't serve pork the breakfast was good.

The staff were all extremely helpfull. If you come by car, you can park right in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great location,easy & quick access to centre of Berlin,...

Great location,easy & quick access to centre of Berlin, train & tram station within few minutes walk, staff were helpful & knowledgeable, also they treated like you belonged there & not just another person staying in their hotel, good banter with the staff, defiantly go back & recommend to anyone

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The most worst experience in my life
    • Six-Bed Room

First of all: room was different from reservations. Floors were dirty, some previous office building, no reconstruction. doors damaged, no curtains, no electricity sockets, water closet dirty, a garbage under the window. terrible.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Bellow Average

Location is near a train station, but in a ugly zone. Hotel charge us more 2,50€ per couple because we pay each room separately.

Good breakfast. Clean and confortable rooms.

3 night stay for Lollapallooza Festival

A mini fridge would have been handy to store water. Was really warm and no air con facilities.

Great location for us for the festival just a couple of stops on the sbahn, station 2 minute walk from hotel. Lovely coffee shop around the corner

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Nice rooms, friendly staff and good location
    • Family Room

Stayed in the family room. but there was no kettle. Don't need a whole kitchen but a kettle would've been good. Had to pay for extra wifi. The free wifi was only 750mb. Unlimited one was €15 but speed was not guaranteed. They should maybe do unlimited wifi fr a certain amount of time like between 9pm-11pm.

The rooms were clean and nice. Bathroom as well. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Hotel was near the s bahn station, pharmacy, supermarket, and getting to the airport was easy as well. There are some negative points but at the end of the day, yes, I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

short stop
    • Family Suite

there was a one problem..... other guests. I mean there was very loudly untill the half past twelve am. German screams of drunk people- really horrible.

The room was clean and nice. The staff was friendly and helpfull. The breakfast was tasty and sufficient. There is a nice place to park a car in the front of the hotel. The S-bahn station is very near.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Nice affordable place to stay.
    • Family Room

Very spacious family room. Kids have enough space to play around. Toilet/bath room is clean but deep in the toilet seat you can see some old stains that ought not to be there. We complained to the staff but they were unable to remove it as it seems it has been there for very long time. But all in all good, clean nice place to stay for the family.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

My favorite hotel in Berlin
    • Family Room

The staff is so helpful, friendly, multi-lingual and frankly just perfect. And the location and ease withe which to get around is second to none. Airports, busses, taxi, trains. etc.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

To be honest it was a very standard hotel room, nothing...

Internet. Poor connection, clunky login process, speeds were so slow!

To be honest it was a very standard hotel room, nothing special, nothing horrible (except the internet).

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Staff was very nice!

The location is not ideal for people wanting to live close to the center of Berlin. But we already knew that, so not an issue for us.

Staff was very nice! Big + for exceptional service

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Nice place to stay in Berlin nearby city centre.
    • Family Room

The breakfast costed 8,5€/for person, was not included. The parking costed 7€/for vehicle, was not included.

I really liked that they have family suites. The room was big enough for four people to get a sleep. The bathroom and shower was a joy of the stay.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

higher than expectation

the only problem was internet which we should reconnect every 90 min

very good, lots of staffs in room, lean, high prestige, specially comparing to the price. location was good for us as we had car. so big space in rooms and lobby and ... good restaurant...it was more than three stars.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Nice little break to Berlin.

The shower was not as powerful as I would have liked. The weather was hot so it would have been a bit nicer with some air con. The only problem if you have an evening flight was that there was nowhere to freshen up once ur day had finished & before ur trip to the airport.

The location was good because it was very near the station that could take you lots of places. The bed was very comfortable in a spacious room. Couldn't fault the staff at all.

Good location and friendly staff.

View could of been better.

Good location and friendly staff.

Good Clean rooms, friendly staff but location is very far.

It is very difficult to access the hotel as it is very far and proper route/map is also not available unless you use Google GPS data

Sometimes problems with WiFi occurred, which could last for...

Sometimes problems with WiFi occurred, which could last for several hours.

large rooms

internet was terrible

large rooms

The buffet was normal.
    • Family Room

The mattresses were very hard. The room was warm and there wasn't any air-conditioning system.

The buffet was normal.

Solid choice

WiFi connection isn't that good

Clean, comfortable beds. Pretty spacious room. The personnel was nice and friendly.

everything (except wi-fi connection) was great

Nice

Really nice big room

Very nice.
    • Family Suite

Bed was very comfortable. Ewerything was ok.

Good place for a quick stay
    • Family Suite

Overall an ok place for a quick stay in Berlin

Cheap comfortable place

A bit far away from city center, more suitable for a car travelers.

Cheap comfortable place

Bed sheets were not clean

Bed sheets were not clean

Can be
    • Family Suite

Bad smell in the bathroom, parking is 7 euros per day, poor accommodation.

Good location,15 minutes to the Centre. Value for money.

Nice hotel, would recommend it.
    • Family Room

The hotel is a bit out of the city centre.

The size of the room was good. The room was clean and comfortable. Good supermarket close to the hotel.

I enjoyed my stay and the breakfast was really nice and the town centre was very close by

Everything was good

The room was very clean

None of the staff seemed to be too happy.

None of the staff seemed to be too happy. They were continually arguing about stuff in front of the guests, not very professional.

Browse The Aga's Hotel Berlin traveller photo gallery